|1 person marked this as a favorite.|
This Bestiary is pretty awesome. A lot of great creatures. Almost every creature is cool and interesting in one way or another. I love all the different aliens and cryptids that made it in, all of the oozes, all of the new vermin, and all of the new animals are fantastic. The taxidermied template is my new favorite. And even though Megaprimatus could've been beefier, I love the art and its mangling ability.
Having said that, these are my least favorite monsters (in no particular order):
1. Aeons: Meh. Three-fingered, multi-limbed dudes from another dimension just aren't interesting to me. Sorry. Although one of them looks like a doughnut, so that's kinda fun I guess.
2. Astomoi: Faceless, mouthless, shadow people? *fart noise*
3. Azata, Gancanagh: Probably my least favorite creature. Just a foppish elf who can't handle his smoke. It's probably from some myth or tall tale or something, but I don't care.
4. Caligni: I feel like shadow people have potential to be cool...yet, none of them are.
5. Esoteric Dragons: Sometimes, ya just want more out of your dragons, aesthetically-speaking.
6. Drakes: ^^^
7. Duppy: Just a ghost that summons ghost dogs.
8. Egregore: Despite being a monster composed of a buncha brains and a giant eye, the egregore still manages to be generally uncool.
9. Aether Elementals: *yawn*
10. Etiainen: Sad-looking mist monster is sad.
11. Ghoran: I usually love plant creatures, but ghorans are just not vegetable enough for me.
12. Moon Dog: Despite being a Christopher Lee dog, I really hate its design.
13. Scitalis: You would think a neon snake would be cool. You'd be wrong.
14. Seilenos: Just a fat satyr.
15. Shadow Collector: UGH.
16. Syricta: Snake with abs. Not as cool or sexy as one might expect.
17. Tulpa: "A gray-skinned humanoid with oddly unremarkable features floats ponderously in the air." Unremarkable indeed.
18. Turul: A giant magic bird with killer magic feathers only sounds cool...
Admit it! You hate Gancanagh because he's my namesake! :-p
Anyway, I kinda agree, the best parts of the Gancanagh is that it has addictive sweat, women (and men) that touch the Gancanagh become addicted to it (like one would be addicted to drugs) and if it leave them with a broken heart they end up in suicide.
The women that it makes addicted will always fight for him and rip each other into shreds as they become extremely protective and jealous.
I think its because its a boring good creature that this isn't possible anymore, because good creatures are always about butterflies, little ponies, pretty people and boringness, with few exceptions.
I agree with the rest of your list, but Scitalis is one of my favorites, I really love the artwork. Duppy and the Aeons are cool too.
I'm disappointed with the Shadow Collector, it looks like that famous Gnome/Halfling from Paizo, with the Snow Leopard but with red hair instead of green, very boring, would have liked them a little more evil and shady, not this friendly. I think its a bad-art case though, the actual idea of the creature is probably better, hope to see this fixed in a Pawn. I recognize this creature from Castlevania, at least the idea is also in a boss from one of that parts, with a vain looking man with a giant wolf shadow.