Will be at Gencon to trade.
Looking for SFS:
Not in any particular order:
1. Please limit announcements during specials. It's breaking what little immersion there is and leads to rushed encounters later.
2. Way less of the Syrinscape in the background.
3. Personally a little annoyed at the way the auction was run. I bid every year and I finally win one to find that another person paid 1/10 what I did to get the same boon.
4. Ask that if a GM is feeling cranky due to lack of sleep, personal issues, etc, they back out of the slot. No reason to take it out on your players.
5. There seemed to be major confusion around pre-marshalling i.e. a group of players claiming a specific judge for a slot/scenario. Whatever the actual rules are need to be clearer or more widely disseminated.
6. The GMs I had for SFS appeared familiar with the rules so kudos to them for that extra prep. Similarly didn't have any issues with PFS GMs rules/scenario knowledge (crankypants aside). Thanks for all the hard work. :-)
The mods need to be written better where one murder hobo in the group isn't costing everyone lost prestige and half the party a faction mission.
I have two scenarios in a row where I have lost out on faction missions because one PC just has to murder hobo. Even when asked over and over by 4 out of 6 players - "please don't do that."
And if I can't PVP to stop it then the scenario needs to call out only the murder hobo gets the negative boon/curse what have you.
Edit: to make it pertinent the "it's what my character would do" was thrown around quite a bit.
Overall I had a good time. People were great. GMs were great. Scenarios I played were fun.
Thanks to Jonathan Choy for running Scion of the Sky Key parts 2 & 3 in the afternoon slots. I got to play through the whole trilogy which wasn't possible in the regularly scheduled slots (schedule fail on Paizo's side).
I am not a fan of the afternoon slots having no PFS scheduled. I come to PaizoCon to play PFS primarily and perhaps a lottery event if I can get one.
The five hour slots I like. Some times it's hard to complete in 4hours especially as the tier goes up.
Really enjoyed the Serpent's Rise. It was fun being the bad guys and I am looking forward to stopping the machinations of my alter self in some future scenario.