Zero's #4-07: A Most Wondrous Exchange! (Inactive)

Game Master Super Zero

Slides
RPG Chronicles

High Tier - 21 CP
◆ Single action ◆◆ Two actions ◆◆◆ Three actions ◇ Free action ⟳ Reaction


1 to 50 of 286 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

The Pathfinders are called into the Grand Lodge for a briefing by chief archivist Zarta Dralneen. They convene in the vaults beneath the lodge, in an office lined with bookshelves and ancient relics in glass cases. An ornate treasure chest rests at the foot of the solid oak desk where Zarta is busily writing.

...but before we get to that, why don't you introduce yourselves?

Verdant Wheel

Female Human Druid (Wave/Aquatic) - 7 | 78/78hp | HP:0 | F:12, R:14, W:15 | AC25 | Perc:15 | VW | 124312-2004

Zarina is first in. She has long blonde hair, fairly tanned skin, is only around 5ft 3in and is dressed in shorts and shirt over what looks like a green crocodile two piece. She carries her 'go' bag, and a long spear. A dagger is stuck in her belt.

She waits patiently for Zarta to finish.

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 6 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/0 | HP 74/74 | AC 24 | F/R/W: 12/13/11 | Perc +11 (+12 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 21 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 | Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

A tall man dressed in leathers and carrying an assortment of weapons walks into the room. He notices Zarina, walks over, doffs his hat with a sweeping bow. "Well met! Isaku Beru, at your service"

Grand Archive

Human Fighter 5 | AC 23 | HP 78 | F +13, R +11, W +11 | Perception +11 | Athletics +13 | Performance +10 | Acrobatics +9 | Intimidation +8 | Crafting, Sailing Lore +7 | ◆

"Hello. I'm Yakuthiel." He doesn't seem too talkative. He is a rather nondescript Taldan man with a halberd at his back and a flail at his waist.

Horizon Hunters

Perc +14 | 30 feet | Class DC 25 | Active Conditions: Fire Resistance 5, Slashing/Piercing Resistance 7 CN Male Gnome(Sensate) Barbarian 9 HP 160/160(173/173) | AC: 26(28) | F +20 R +16 W +15

A 6'6" warrior rippling with muscles strides into the room, dominating the space with his sheer physical presence.

Actually, only about 3'6", but the rest is correct.

Other than a metal gauntlet with spiked knuckles, he seems unarmed and unarmored and, in fact, isn't even wearing a shirt, just a leather vest with fur around the edges and buckskin pants. He's got heavy boots, a wide belt with a belt buckle so big that it's easy to see the engraving of one man smashing his elbow into the face of another on it, and linen wrappings over his hands and wrists that glitter with arcane runes under the rust colored stains which are probably blood.

His features are sharp and feral.

"Zabu," he mumbles to the group, staying on the periphery and being surprisingly quiet and reticent as he eyes Zarta Dralneen almost warily.

Verdant Wheel

Female Human Druid (Wave/Aquatic) - 7 | 78/78hp | HP:0 | F:12, R:14, W:15 | AC25 | Perc:15 | VW | 124312-2004

Zarina Silvermist. I'm a Wave Druid. she says quietly as not to disturb Zarta,

Vigilant Seal

CN Aiuvarin (Snowborn) Witch Wary Wizard (Universalist by Substitution) / Metalokineticist 8 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration ➤ Search (+14) w/ Elven Instincts | ↺ ➤ Interdisciplinary Incantation, Resist Harm, Shield Block
Stats:
AC 23 or 26 carapace or 28 shield (hard 6, break 12) | Fortitude (+14), Reflex (+15), Will (+13) | Perception (+12) | Speed 25
♥️ 61/80 w/ Resist Cold (4) | ☘️ ☑☑ | ⚕ none | ✋✋ bonded bastard sword w/ lodestone | slots @ 4□□□, 3□□□, 2□□□, 1□□□ | ☀️ focus (☑□) | ❄️ bond @ 4□, 3□, 2□, 1□

A permanent scowl seems to shroud this stern Aiuvarin's (half-elf's) face. You get the sense that she is a person who routinely considers herself to be the smartest in the room, judging by the faint but tangible condescension with which she conducts her body language. Anri's gait equivocates that self-assurance - or arrogance - and she steps into the chamber, leans against the furthest wall, crosses her arms, and considers her teammates from behind.

Aside: "Lamashtu, you cruel beast, why must you curse me so? They come soon. I shall steel my nerves against what you have upon me foist!"

Speaking to herself as if to imagine privacy, our shady hero avoids eye contact for the time being...

Verdant Wheel

Female Human Druid (Wave/Aquatic) - 7 | 78/78hp | HP:0 | F:12, R:14, W:15 | AC25 | Perc:15 | VW | 124312-2004

Zarina smiles over to Anri in an effort to be friendly and put her more at ease.

Vigilant Seal

CN Aiuvarin (Snowborn) Witch Wary Wizard (Universalist by Substitution) / Metalokineticist 8 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration ➤ Search (+14) w/ Elven Instincts | ↺ ➤ Interdisciplinary Incantation, Resist Harm, Shield Block
Stats:
AC 23 or 26 carapace or 28 shield (hard 6, break 12) | Fortitude (+14), Reflex (+15), Will (+13) | Perception (+12) | Speed 25
♥️ 61/80 w/ Resist Cold (4) | ☘️ ☑☑ | ⚕ none | ✋✋ bonded bastard sword w/ lodestone | slots @ 4□□□, 3□□□, 2□□□, 1□□□ | ☀️ focus (☑□) | ❄️ bond @ 4□, 3□, 2□, 1□

Feeling the extroverted wave druid's stare burn her like a flame cantrip from a sidelong fixation, Anri feels her innards recoil into themselves, like so many tendrils wrapping around a cherished pearl, grasping desperately so as to keep the treasure tightly under wardship.

Upon her back, a handsome, prominent hand-and-a-half sword with a pommel encrusting a jet black magnetized lodestone and a blade composed of crimson serrated rust fastens itself ostentatiously - the deadly weapon perhaps of equal repellent approachability in dire figure as it's bearer in antisocial disposition.

Her skin - like her entire demeanor - cool to the touch. Indeed, nothing intentional nor unintentional politely beckons...


Zarta holds up a finger, scribing a few lines on the page in front of her before looking up. “Good, you’re here. Thank you for coming; I fear our newer agents lack the experience necessary to handle some of the tasks at hand.” She gestures to the chest at the foot of the desk. “This is Biglock, who’s been unusually quiet. Aren’t you going to say hello, Biglock?”

The front of the chest splits open into a gaping, toothy grin. “Just trying not to interrupt the briefing—until it’d be funny.”

Zarta shakes her head, though the corner of her mouth quirks up in a smile. “Biglock, as you can see, is cursed with a sense of humor. He and his associate, Mr. Glovely, will be giving you the details on these missions. As some of you may recall, we recently obtained a treasure vault formerly held by the Onyx Alliance. They entrusted it to us after a tangle with the night hag Aslynn; it appears there’s something in the vault she wants. To make sense of her plans, it’s vital we properly catalog and secure the vault’s contents. In the process, we’ve found some items that require additional attention. You’ll be heading to the Grand Bazaar to consult with merchants about four of these treasures, as their expertise will be invaluable in identifying, fixing, or locating the items in question.

"Questions?”

Horizon Hunters

Perc +14 | 30 feet | Class DC 25 | Active Conditions: Fire Resistance 5, Slashing/Piercing Resistance 7 CN Male Gnome(Sensate) Barbarian 9 HP 160/160(173/173) | AC: 26(28) | F +20 R +16 W +15

Zabu is now glad that he's sitting at the back of the room. If he was at the front, he definitely would have put his boots up on that chest.

He frowns thoughtfully and scratches his ear. He's pretty sure that he helped kill Aslynn, but then, he's been drunk since then and maybe it was someone with a name that just sounded like Aslynn, so he just shrugs it off but raises his hand.

"Is there going to be any fighting while we do this?" he asks, though it's a Pathfinder mission, so he already knows the answer.

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 6 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/0 | HP 74/74 | AC 24 | F/R/W: 12/13/11 | Perc +11 (+12 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 21 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 | Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

"Sounds straightforward enough." Isaku says to Zarta. He bends down and knocks on the lid of the Treasure Chest. "Well met again, Biglock! We met several months ago! What treasures are you keeping in there?"

Vigilant Seal

CN Aiuvarin (Snowborn) Witch Wary Wizard (Universalist by Substitution) / Metalokineticist 8 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration ➤ Search (+14) w/ Elven Instincts | ↺ ➤ Interdisciplinary Incantation, Resist Harm, Shield Block
Stats:
AC 23 or 26 carapace or 28 shield (hard 6, break 12) | Fortitude (+14), Reflex (+15), Will (+13) | Perception (+12) | Speed 25
♥️ 61/80 w/ Resist Cold (4) | ☘️ ☑☑ | ⚕ none | ✋✋ bonded bastard sword w/ lodestone | slots @ 4□□□, 3□□□, 2□□□, 1□□□ | ☀️ focus (☑□) | ❄️ bond @ 4□, 3□, 2□, 1□

Unamused with comedic antics in Times Such As These - what with a wreckless night hag on the loose - Anri steels in her posture, listening, but unmoving of facial gesture, and lacking any nervous ticks or twitches altogether.

But she takes the bait, as even if asking questions like a common schoolboy is well beneath her, information is information, and those asked already preceding hers she feels as insufficient to the task at hand ""Additional attention"" she quotes Zarta "Are these treasures cursed? Or what kind of precautions might be best taken to ensure their correct arrival?"

Ughgh.


Zabu "Daggertooth" Creed wrote:
"Is there going to be any fighting while we do this?" he asks, though it's a Pathfinder mission, so he already knows the answer.

"Nah," says Bicklock, "there's no reason to expect anything like that."

"So yes, most likely," adds Zarta with a sigh, "Field agents do always seem to get into scraps, don't they?"

Isaku Beru wrote:
"Sounds straightforward enough." Isaku says to Zarta. He bends down and knocks on the lid of the Treasure Chest. "Well met again, Biglock! We met several months ago! What treasures are you keeping in there?"

"Um, yeah! Of course I remember. You know I'm a mimic, right? I'm not actually a box. The items are arranged in the next room, Mr. Glovely has them."

Anri Darkspur wrote:

""Additional attention"" she quotes Zarta "Are these treasures cursed? Or what kind of precautions might be best taken to ensure their correct arrival?"

Ughgh.

Zarta answers, “They're various magical treasures. I’ve tasked Biglock and Mr. Glovely with prioritizing them. Biglock spent a lot of time inside the vault while he was hiding from Aslynn, so he’s very familiar with the collection. He’ll get you the items one at a time to minimize how many we have outside the vault at once, so check in with him after you’ve finished with each.”

Zarta shakes her head. “We don’t believe these are the items Aslynn is
interested in. That doesn’t mean they’re unimportant, however. Some are dangerous, while others hold secrets that could prove quite valuable.”

"So yeah," Biglock adds, "These are things we're uncertain about, so... probably? Don't worry, I'll brief you on each item we're investigating. The good news is we've been sorting through magic items and most of them don't need precautions. So we've got some to lend you that should help with each task."

If anyone wants to see if they know anything relevant about the Grand Bazaar, they can make Society or Absalom Lore checks, or post their bonus.

Verdant Wheel

Female Human Druid (Wave/Aquatic) - 7 | 78/78hp | HP:0 | F:12, R:14, W:15 | AC25 | Perc:15 | VW | 124312-2004

Zarina responded with a sign of her own.

Unfortunately yes Zarta she says at the mention of scraps.

So which one do we start with then?

Society +11

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 6 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/0 | HP 74/74 | AC 24 | F/R/W: 12/13/11 | Perc +11 (+12 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 21 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 | Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

Soc +14


Zarina has heard some gossip about a few prominent Grand Bazaar merchants. Ralliadra of the Resplendent Rose has a new singing student with great potential but little confidence, and is having difficulty encouraging him. Omira Descinaria of the Barghest’s Bin retired from the Pathfinders after a disastrous exploration of a daemon-worshipping necromancer’s tomb resulting in the loss of her companions.

Isaku has heard the same thing about Omira. In addition, he's heard that Erikanesh of the Historia Reliquary has recently submitted several requests for admittance to a special archive at the Forae Logos, but so far been denied. The Assembler, mysterious warden of the Clockwork Cathedral, is unhappy with the Clockwork Caravan’s proprietor, Sihn Siphandon, for displaying this technology so openly.

"I'll leave you to it, then," says Zarta, "Oh, and while I'd like this done in a timely fashion, we aren't in a terrible rush either. Take your time, and don't bother the merchants too late at night while we're hoping to be friendly with them. I suggest you call it a night after you've checked two items of Biglock's list, and finish the rest tomorrow."

A pair of blue gloves enters the room, carrying an eyepiece and a key. No... something the size of a key, but it's a complicated clockwork device. The rest of the man wearing the gloves is conspicuously absent.
"Have you all met Mr. Glovely?" asks Biglock, "He's a friend of mine who was with me the whole time we were stuck in the treasure hoard. He doesn't say much, but he'll always lend a hand."

Biglock grins as Mr. Glovely’s hands gesture over him in an exaggerated shrug. “What treasure do I have first, you ask? Well… we don’t have it. At least, we don’t anymore. The Pathfinders found a clockwork familiar in the vault. Zarta thinks its internal memory could have information about the Alliance, which might be handy in the future. But the little critter’s absconded; we thought it was inactive, so we didn’t expect it to escape. It was spotted scampering through the Grand Bazaar the other day. Zarta suspects it’s taken refuge with the Clockwork Caravan of Sihn Siphandon—he’s a traveling inventor who passes through the Grand Bazaar sometimes, and it’s exactly the sort of thing he’d take an interest in. But you’d better hurry and find him before his caravan moves on!”

Mr. Glovely presents the eyepiece and key to the Pathfinders. "We're lending you two items that might come in handy," says Biglock, "a greater crafter's eyepiece and Cordelia's construct key, which is a tool developed by one of the Society’s venture-captains. Wear the key as a necklace, and you'll be able to leave any construct that would be destroyed in a safe dormant state instead. I don't expect the li'l froggy to be hostile, but it'll be easy to transport if it's inert!"

Verdant Wheel

Female Human Druid (Wave/Aquatic) - 7 | 78/78hp | HP:0 | F:12, R:14, W:15 | AC25 | Perc:15 | VW | 124312-2004

Zarina just groans at the puns.

Okay .... so we're chasing a chocolate ..... I mean ... clockwork frog. I guess we'd better ..... hop to it then

Vigilant Seal

CN Aiuvarin (Snowborn) Witch Wary Wizard (Universalist by Substitution) / Metalokineticist 8 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration ➤ Search (+14) w/ Elven Instincts | ↺ ➤ Interdisciplinary Incantation, Resist Harm, Shield Block
Stats:
AC 23 or 26 carapace or 28 shield (hard 6, break 12) | Fortitude (+14), Reflex (+15), Will (+13) | Perception (+12) | Speed 25
♥️ 61/80 w/ Resist Cold (4) | ☘️ ☑☑ | ⚕ none | ✋✋ bonded bastard sword w/ lodestone | slots @ 4□□□, 3□□□, 2□□□, 1□□□ | ☀️ focus (☑□) | ❄️ bond @ 4□, 3□, 2□, 1□

Anri rolls her eyes, unimpressed with the corny wordplay (poetry is a serious endeavor), and too, unfascinated by works of mechanical engineering (raw, unworked metal pleases and excites), and so, shifting her stance, she prepares to depart without further question.

Daily Preparations:

Focus Spell (□): Hand of the Apprentice (◆)
Spiny Lodestone (□/day): Needle Darts [cantrip] (◆◆), Magnetic Acceleration [3rd] (◆◆)
Cantrips (□□□□□): Caustic Blast (◆◆), Daze (◆◆), Electric Arc (◆◆), Frostbite (◆◆), Void Warp (◆◆)
First (□□□): Jump (◆), Spider Sting (◆◆), Sure Strike (◆)
Second (□□□): Blood Vendetta (↺), Clad in Metal (◆◆), See the Unseen (◆◆)
Third (□□□): Earthbind (◆◆), Haste (◆◆), Vampiric Feast (◆◆)
Fourth (□□□): Insect Form (◆◆), Mercurial Stride (◆◆), Weapon Storm (◆◆)

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 6 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/0 | HP 74/74 | AC 24 | F/R/W: 12/13/11 | Perc +11 (+12 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 21 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 | Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

Isaku has +14 Crafting and could benefit from the eyepiece

Horizon Hunters

Perc +14 | 30 feet | Class DC 25 | Active Conditions: Fire Resistance 5, Slashing/Piercing Resistance 7 CN Male Gnome(Sensate) Barbarian 9 HP 160/160(173/173) | AC: 26(28) | F +20 R +16 W +15

"If this chair I'm sitting in turns out to be alive, I'm going to be very upset. Also...apologetic. I had beans and cabbage for dinner," Zabu says as yet another seemingly inanimate object turns out to animate.

"So...we're NOT supposed to break it?" Zabu asks.

"No guarantees," he says, rising to his feet and heading for the door.


Isaku is taking the eyepiece. Who's taking the construct key?

Biglock gives directions to the last known location of the traveling Clockwork Caravan, and the Pathfinders are soon approaching. With an array of colorful tents and stalls surrounding a crystal-clear fountain, this plaza would normally be buzzing with activity and cheer. Today, it is in utter chaos, as a horde of screaming shoppers rush away from a curious clockwork wagon, upending tents and stalls as they flee. Battered clockwork creatures are arrayed around the wagon, bearing blackened scorch marks and deep gashes. More clockwork creatures are smashing at the caravan’s doors in an attempt to reach its occupant, a disheveled, dark-haired human man taking cover behind a broken window.

“If you’re here to see the caravan,” he calls, in between ducking flying shards of metal, “I’d suggest you come back later! But if you’re here to lend a hand, I won’t turn it down!”

Two of the clockwork assailants are physically imposing. The size of humans, though large ones, they carry halberds. The third is a bit smaller and unarmed, but its four arms seem to be working a spell.

Initiative:
Green Clockwork Mage
Orange Clockwork Soldier
Zabu (144/144)
Anri (80/80)
Zarina (78/78)
Purple Clockwork Soldier
Yakuthiel (78/78)
Isaku (74/74)

GM Dice (Initiative):
Clockwork Mage: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
Clockwork Soldier (purple): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
Clockwork Soldier (orange): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32
Isaku: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Yakuthiel: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Zabu: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Anri: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Zarina: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30

Images and a map added to the Slides.


The mechanical mage turns to look at the approaching Pathfinders as Sihn calls out to them. It touches the crystal in the center of its chest with its hands and pulls out masses of writhing shadow. Oily black tentacles burst from the ground around the Pathfinder team, eliciting screams from a few hiding bystanders. The clockwork creature then steps away.
The tentacles twist painfully around most of the adventurers, though Zabu manages to push them off of himself. They continue to writhe and thrash--it's probably dangerous to stay in the area!
** Cast black tentacles Attack Zabu (Fort DC 29): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23 miss, Attack Anri (Fort DC 24): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38 Grabbed and bludgeoning damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 3) = 11, Attack Zarina (Fort DC 22): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38 Grabbed and bludgeoning damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 1) = 11, Attack Yakuthiel (Fort DC 23): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39 Grabbed and bludgeoning damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 6) = 16, Attack Isaku (Fort DC 22): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34 Grabbed and bludgeoning damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 1) = 12; * Step
High rolls for a bunch of crit successes--fortunately on a spell that has no additional critical success effect! In addition to Escaping, you can also attack a tentacle: They have AC 28 and 12 HP. Destroying them won't end the spell since new ones are constantly spawning, but it is another way to release a Grabbed character.

One of the soldiers approaches, clanging forward on heavy metal feet. It gets close enough to swipe its halberd at Zabu. A little too close--the tentacles reach out for it as well. It successfully jabs Zabu before extending a metal plate from its arm that it holds protectively in front of itself.
That doesn't stop the tentacles from wending around it as they have most of the Pathfinders. It seems sturdy enough that the crushing grip deals little damage--though it doesn't seem to have any such defense against being physically restrained.
* Stride, * Strike Halberd: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32 for piercing damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10, * Activate Defense (very similar to Raise shield)
Black Tentacles: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37. A critical success. Grabbed and Bludgeoning damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 1) = 8. It is resistant to the damage.

Zabu, Anri, and Zarina's turns.
Initiative:
Green Clockwork Mage
Orange Clockwork Soldier (-3, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Zabu (144/144)
Anri (69/80, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Zarina (67/78, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Purple Clockwork Soldier
Yakuthiel (62/78, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Isaku (62/74, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])

GM Notes (Mage's Spells):
Black tentacles used.

Verdant Wheel

Female Human Druid (Wave/Aquatic) - 7 | 78/78hp | HP:0 | F:12, R:14, W:15 | AC25 | Perc:15 | VW | 124312-2004

Ew! Tentacles? Seriously?

The chances of her escaping a tentacle is not good (like 1 in 20) so she grabs her dagger and tries stabbing it into submission
dagger: 1d20 + 11 - 0 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 0 = 28 piercing: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
dagger: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 4 = 14 piercing: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
dagger: 1d20 + 11 - 8 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 8 = 17 piercing: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Horizon Hunters

Perc +14 | 30 feet | Class DC 25 | Active Conditions: Fire Resistance 5, Slashing/Piercing Resistance 7 CN Male Gnome(Sensate) Barbarian 9 HP 160/160(173/173) | AC: 26(28) | F +20 R +16 W +15

Zabu simply brutes his way through the tentacles like some sort of Juggernaut.

"Nice pig sticker you got there. But I'm not a pig!" he snarls as the mechano man cuts him.

He closes the distance between them, his face and hands undergoing an extreme transformation as he does so, with his fingertips extending and sharpening into claws and his mouth and nose extending into a muzzle.

He uses that muzzle to snap at his assailant.

Jaws(Raging): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31
Piercing: 2d12 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (9, 1) + 6 + 5 = 21 plus Persistent Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Step, Rage, Strike. Also, it looks like you didn't adjust my HP on the tracker for the hit, though my HP just went up from raging, anyway.

Vigilant Seal

CN Aiuvarin (Snowborn) Witch Wary Wizard (Universalist by Substitution) / Metalokineticist 8 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration ➤ Search (+14) w/ Elven Instincts | ↺ ➤ Interdisciplinary Incantation, Resist Harm, Shield Block
Stats:
AC 23 or 26 carapace or 28 shield (hard 6, break 12) | Fortitude (+14), Reflex (+15), Will (+13) | Perception (+12) | Speed 25
♥️ 61/80 w/ Resist Cold (4) | ☘️ ☑☑ | ⚕ none | ✋✋ bonded bastard sword w/ lodestone | slots @ 4□□□, 3□□□, 2□□□, 1□□□ | ☀️ focus (☑□) | ❄️ bond @ 4□, 3□, 2□, 1□

Anri's eyes glow orange as little ripples of foresight allow her to peer into the near future... ...but only one of futility presents itself!

◆) Sure Strike (Remastered True Strike)
◇) Bespell Strikes (Remastered Bespell Weapon)
◆) Strike
◆) Channel Element

Flat check to Cast a Spell w/ Manipulate vs Grabbed (DC 5): 1d20 ⇒ 6
Bonded Corrosive (1d6 acid) Bastard Sword w/ Bespell Strike (1d6 force) vs Black Tentacle (AC 28, 12 HP): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 152d12 + 3 ⇒ (8, 8) + 3 = 192d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7
Bonded Corrosive (1d6 acid) Bastard Sword w/ Bespell Strike (1d6 force) vs Black Tentacle (AC 28, 12 HP): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 212d12 + 3 ⇒ (10, 9) + 3 = 222d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

Struggling against the oil, her anger soars to unimaginable heights, and the glow in her eyes fades to purple, as electromagnetism crackles in an aura around her, drawing nearer to her bits of metal from various stalls and passing debris, gathering into a gentle ferrous orbit...


Zarina, your Acrobatics bonus is higher than your dagger attack bonus, and both the AC and Escape DC are 28.
Also, whoops! Black tentacles is a three-action spell. Moved the Mage back to its starting position.

Zarina manages to damage the tentacle holding her, but it still coils tightly.
bludgeoning damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Zabu manages to bite the construct, but its shining armor is a little tougher to damage than he might have hoped. The tentacles continue to lash at him. This time they successfully get a hold.
A hit, though it is resistant.
Tentacle Attack: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40 Dang. Grabbed and bludgeoning damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) = 7

Anri has more difficulty damaging the clinging, oily shadow.
bludgeoning damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

The remaining clockwork soldier advances on Zabu, who has helpfully moved closer. It thrusts its halberd and very nearly stabs the first one. Instead, it also extends a protective plate.
* Stride, * Strike Halberd: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19, * Activate Defense

Yakuthiel and Isaku's turns.
Initiative:
Green Clockwork Mage
Orange Clockwork Soldier (-19, Defense Activated, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Zabu (134+5/144, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Anri (63/80, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Zarina (65/78, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Purple Clockwork Soldier (Defense Activated)
Yakuthiel (62/78, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Isaku (62/74, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])

Grand Archive

Human Fighter 5 | AC 23 | HP 78 | F +13, R +11, W +11 | Perception +11 | Athletics +13 | Performance +10 | Acrobatics +9 | Intimidation +8 | Crafting, Sailing Lore +7 | ◆

Lunge at Orange: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
Damage: 2d10 + 4 ⇒ (7, 9) + 4 = 20

Lunge at Orange: 1d20 + 16 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 16 - 5 = 23
Damage: 2d10 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8

Lunge at Orange: 1d20 + 16 - 10 ⇒ (5) + 16 - 10 = 11
Damage: 2d10 + 4 ⇒ (5, 10) + 4 = 19


Who's claiming the construct key? That person does get a free RK against these enemies.

Unable to defend itself properly restrained by the shadowy tentacles, Yakuthiel's first strike takes a piece off of the clockwork soldier. The second is narrowly deflected by the protective plate.
A hit, a miss, and a critical failure.

Though that same magic continues to squeeze Yakuthiel himself.
bludgeoning damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Isaku's turn.
Initiative:
Green Clockwork Mage
Orange Clockwork Soldier (-34, Defense Activated, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Zabu (134+5/144, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Anri (63/80, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Zarina (65/78, Grabbed [Escape DC 28, tentacle 8/12])
Purple Clockwork Soldier (Defense Activated)
Yakuthiel (61/78, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Isaku (62/74, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 6 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/0 | HP 74/74 | AC 24 | F/R/W: 12/13/11 | Perc +11 (+12 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 21 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 | Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

Isaku pulls his dueling pistol out and attempts to gain an angle on Orange.

Devise: 1d20 ⇒ 19 Hits AC 34

Sure of his target, Isaku pulls the trigger.

+1 Dueling Pistol; Concussive Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2 with Strategic Strike: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 Critical Hit: See below

Crit?:

Concussive, Crit: 2d10 ⇒ (9, 3) = 12 with Strategic Strike: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7 Doubled to 38
Fatal: 1d10 ⇒ 5

Calling to Zabu, he says "Hit the head! I've weakened it for you!"

Orange is OG to Zabu until the end of his next turn

◆ Interact to Draw
◆ Devise
◆ BANG


The tentacles continue to squeeze Isaku, but that doesn't stop him from landing a near-perfect shot that almost takes off the soldier's head.
That is a crit. Though it is equally resistant to bludgeoning and piercing.
bludgeoning damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

"Is that--Cordelia's--?" calls the man in the caravan, "Yes! If you can use that to disable one of them, I might be able to study them and figure out who sent them. Leave one intact, please!"

Moving around the tents so it has a better view of the Pathfinders, the clockwork mage draws blue energy from the crystal in its chest. Pointing a finger, it blasts an icy ray at Zabu.
Much too high. Must not be used to attacking gnomes.
* Stride, * Ray of Frost Attack: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22

With sparks flying from its damaged face and the audible sound of grinding gears, the clockwork soldier continues stabbing at Zabu as well. Between the restraining tentacles and the damage to its own body, it's far too slow to hit. It does manage to keep its protective plating up.
Though the tentacles don't seem to be doing any damage to it, either.
* Strike halberd: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21, * Strike halberd (MAP): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22, * Activate defense
Tentacle Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Resistance blocks that entirely.

Zabu, Anri, and Zarina's turns.
Initiative:
Green Clockwork Mage
Orange Clockwork Soldier (-72, bloodied, Defense Activated, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Zabu (134+5/144, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Anri (63/80, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Zarina (65/78, Grabbed [Escape DC 28, tentacle 8/12])
Purple Clockwork Soldier (Defense Activated)
Yakuthiel (61/78, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Isaku (56/74, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])

Verdant Wheel

Female Human Druid (Wave/Aquatic) - 7 | 78/78hp | HP:0 | F:12, R:14, W:15 | AC25 | Perc:15 | VW | 124312-2004

Zarina attempts to peel the tentacle off. Hopefully it's easier than dealing with a cephalopod.

athletics: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23

She tries again

athletics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

then moves away (Stride)

Vigilant Seal

CN Aiuvarin (Snowborn) Witch Wary Wizard (Universalist by Substitution) / Metalokineticist 8 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration ➤ Search (+14) w/ Elven Instincts | ↺ ➤ Interdisciplinary Incantation, Resist Harm, Shield Block
Stats:
AC 23 or 26 carapace or 28 shield (hard 6, break 12) | Fortitude (+14), Reflex (+15), Will (+13) | Perception (+12) | Speed 25
♥️ 61/80 w/ Resist Cold (4) | ☘️ ☑☑ | ⚕ none | ✋✋ bonded bastard sword w/ lodestone | slots @ 4□□□, 3□□□, 2□□□, 1□□□ | ☀️ focus (☑□) | ❄️ bond @ 4□, 3□, 2□, 1□

Swinging wildly, Anri attempts to again free herself, only to be bogged down by the oily tentacles...

"Curse you, Creator of the Wretched... your tendrils imperil me so!"

Bonded Corrosive (1d6 acid) Bastard Sword vs Black Tentacle (AC 28, 12 HP): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 272d12 + 3 ⇒ (10, 6) + 3 = 191d6 ⇒ 4
Hero Point!
Bonded Corrosive (1d6 acid) Bastard Sword vs Black Tentacle (AC 28, 12 HP): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 162d12 + 3 ⇒ (3, 5) + 3 = 111d6 ⇒ 4

◆) Strike
◆◆) Caustic Blast (Remastered Acid Splash)

Caustic Blast:

Acid, Cantrip, Concentrate, Manipulate

Traditions arcane, primal
Range 30 feet; Area 5-foot burst
Defense basic Reflex

You fling a large glob of acid that immediately detonates, spraying nearby creatures. Creatures in the area take 1d8 acid damage with a basic Reflex save; on a critical failure, the creature also takes 1 persistent acid damage.

Heightened (+2) The initial damage increases by 1d8, and the persistent damage on a critical failure increases by 1.

Flat Check to Cast a Spell w/ Manipulate vs Grabbed (DC 5): 1d20 ⇒ 8
Caustic Blast (3d8 acid, 3 persistent) vs Orange and Pink w/ Basic Reflex (DC 26): 3d8 ⇒ (6, 2, 6) = 14

Slicing into some of the tentacles with her metal aura, Anri kineticizes a spray of oil, and directs it into the joints of the two robots attacking Zabu!

Horizon Hunters

Perc +14 | 30 feet | Class DC 25 | Active Conditions: Fire Resistance 5, Slashing/Piercing Resistance 7 CN Male Gnome(Sensate) Barbarian 9 HP 160/160(173/173) | AC: 26(28) | F +20 R +16 W +15

"You're not the boss of me!" Zabu snaps at Isaku.

But then he claws his way up the clockwork to bite at it's face.

Jaws(Raging): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
Piercing: 2d12 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 9) + 6 + 5 = 21 plus Persistent Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Claw (Raging, MAP): 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 17 - 4 = 30
Slashing: 2d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 6 + 2 = 12 plus Persistent Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Claw (Raging, MAP): 1d20 + 17 - 8 ⇒ (10) + 17 - 8 = 19
Slashing: 2d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 4) + 6 + 2 = 17 plus Persistent Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 1

If one of the first two hits downs it, he'll step to the other and attack if he's still got an action left.

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 6 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/0 | HP 74/74 | AC 24 | F/R/W: 12/13/11 | Perc +11 (+12 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 21 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 | Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

Isaku's Actions:

Isaku attempts to break free of the tentacles holding him.

Acrobatics(E): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Acrobatics(E), HP, T-Shirt: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 1 = 33

Breaking free, he hightails it out of the area and reloads his pistol.

◆ Escape
◆ Stride
◆ Interact to reload


Reflex (Orange): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Reflex (Purple): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

While both constructs are surprisingly quick to dodge, the more damage one seems on the verge of collapse.
No resistance to acid! But a successful save leaves it up... with 1 hp.
Tentacle damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Zabu finishes it off.
A hit. And as long as you dealt enough damage to get past its resistance--quite.
But Zabu can't Step as he's Grabbed by the black tentacles.

Zabu's turn (two actions remain).
Initiative:
Green Clockwork Mage
Zabu (134+5/144, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Anri (78/80, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Zarina (65/78)
Purple Clockwork Soldier (Defense Activated)
Yakuthiel (61/78, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Isaku (56/74, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])


Secret Checks:
Zarina Arcana (Mage): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Zarina Arcana (Soldiers): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

The construct key draws Zarina's attention to the clockwork warriors. She thinks the mage, between the magic and machinery that empower it, is prone to overheating. While built to withstand this issue, cold can only really be good for it--it's probably resistant to cold.
The soldiers, though... physically durable, they aren't as resilient against energy, as the party has already seen. And electricity should cut right through them. They're weak to it.
Such clockworks also have to be regularly wound. Someone with the right tool can wind them down, but it's probably not practical if they're actively fighting you.
You can use Thievery to wind down an adjacent clockwork, subtracting one hour from their operational time. I'm given you this one as a freebie, since it's an interesting feature of the creatures and therefore one of the first things I'd usually mention... but it's so impractical to actually do they didn't even mention it in the scenario. They've got the "Wind-Up" feature in their statblocks, but I had to check the Bestiary to see what it actually does.

As Biglock explained the construct key, Zarina would have to be the one whose attack disabled one of the clockworks, for her to keep it intact. But as the Pathfinders see the clockwork soldier collapse, its internal gears grinding horribly and sparks emitting from the cracks, it clearly isn't completely destroyed yet. Maybe they could patch it up enough for Zarina to use the key, if they're quick about it.

You have one round to "stabilize" a fallen clockwork with a Crafting check so the key can be used to keep them from being destroyed. Though Zarina can also, of course, simply use the key to do it without an action cos if she's the one to land a final blow.

Redirecting Zabu's second roll into an Escape attempt. Though if he only steps he'll still be in the black tentacles area.
Tentacle attack: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26. Which misses! (That's against Fortitude DC, not AC, though it misses either way.)

The surviving clockwork soldier accepts Zabu's invitation. It stays focused on him, stabbing him once before he manages to deflect the second attempt. It keeps its protective plate extended.
* Strike halberd: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33 for piercing damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17, * Strike halberd (MAP): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22, * Activate Defense

Isaku manages to slip away from the writhing tentacles, reloading his weapon as he moves.

Yakuthiel's turn.
Initiative:
Green Clockwork Mage
Zabu (122/144)
Anri (78/80, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Zarina (65/78)
Purple Clockwork Soldier (Defense Activated)
Yakuthiel (61/78, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Isaku (56/74)

Grand Archive

Human Fighter 5 | AC 23 | HP 78 | F +13, R +11, W +11 | Perception +11 | Athletics +13 | Performance +10 | Acrobatics +9 | Intimidation +8 | Crafting, Sailing Lore +7 | ◆

Attempt to get free: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

◆ Stride to broken construct I'm not exactly clear on where the 'broken' construct is

Attempt to 'save' 'broken' construct with Crafting: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


I left its token on the map, since its position may still have been relevant, but turned it sideways. But Zabu is standing over it in the same space, so it may not have been obvious. I've removed it now since it's been covered.

With the clockwork torn open and its workings exposed, Yakuthiel finds it trivial to unwind it and set it to "Standby." This can't last indefinitely while its failing, but it should keep it preserved long enough for Zarina to finish the job with the key at her leisure once the danger is passed.

The crystal in the center of the clockwork mage's chest glows with an icy blue light. It draws this energy out with three of its hands, then unleashes it before itself in a wave of biting cold. It holds up its fourth hand to project some of the energy defensively in front of itself.
While the vicious, icy wind washes over all of the Pathfinders, it also affects the clockwork soldier. Frost covers its metallic skin, which cracks in a few places. It did not seem to weather that particularly well.
** Cast cone of cold. That's a DC 28 basic Reflex save for everyone against cold damage: 12d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 1, 6, 3, 6, 1, 3, 5, 3, 4, 1) = 41. Most of you have cover from the stalls, though: Zarina, Zabu, Isaku, and the clockwork soldier gain a +2 circumstance bonus to the save. * Cast shield.
Soldier Reflex: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 2 = 25 A failure. That bloodies it (shorthand for "at half HP or less," if you're not familiar).

Zabu, Anri, and Zarina's turns.
Initiative:
Green Clockwork Mage (shield)
Zabu (122/144, DC 28 basic Reflex vs 41 cold w/+2 circ)
Anri (78/80, Grabbed [Escape DC 28], DC 28 basic Reflex vs 41 cold)
Zarina (65/78, DC 28 basic Reflex vs 41 cold w/+2 circ)
Purple Clockwork Soldier (-48, Bloodied, Defense Activated)
Yakuthiel (61/78, DC 28 basic Reflex vs 41 cold)
Isaku (56/74, DC 28 basic Reflex vs 41 cold w/+2 circ)

Grand Archive

Human Fighter 5 | AC 23 | HP 78 | F +13, R +11, W +11 | Perception +11 | Athletics +13 | Performance +10 | Acrobatics +9 | Intimidation +8 | Crafting, Sailing Lore +7 | ◆

Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Verdant Wheel

Female Human Druid (Wave/Aquatic) - 7 | 78/78hp | HP:0 | F:12, R:14, W:15 | AC25 | Perc:15 | VW | 124312-2004

ref: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 2 = 27

Zarina braves the cold - it can't be much worse than swimming in a freezing river during the Balgirdtrek could it? - moves to the broken construct, and applies the key to stabilise it.

Vigilant Seal

CN Aiuvarin (Snowborn) Witch Wary Wizard (Universalist by Substitution) / Metalokineticist 8 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration ➤ Search (+14) w/ Elven Instincts | ↺ ➤ Interdisciplinary Incantation, Resist Harm, Shield Block
Stats:
AC 23 or 26 carapace or 28 shield (hard 6, break 12) | Fortitude (+14), Reflex (+15), Will (+13) | Perception (+12) | Speed 25
♥️ 61/80 w/ Resist Cold (4) | ☘️ ☑☑ | ⚕ none | ✋✋ bonded bastard sword w/ lodestone | slots @ 4□□□, 3□□□, 2□□□, 1□□□ | ☀️ focus (☑□) | ❄️ bond @ 4□, 3□, 2□, 1□

Anri Basic Reflex vs 41 Cold (DC 28) w/ 4 cold resistance: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34 (@ 16 damage after resistance)


That leaves you with one action, Zarina.

Zabu, Anri, and Zarina (one action)'s turns.
Initiative:
Green Clockwork Mage (shield)
Zabu (122/144, DC 28 basic Reflex vs 41 cold w/+2 circ)
Anri (47/80, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Zarina (26/78)
Purple Clockwork Soldier (-48, Bloodied, Defense Activated)
Yakuthiel (20/78)
Isaku (56/74, DC 28 basic Reflex vs 41 cold w/+2 circ)

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 6 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/0 | HP 74/74 | AC 24 | F/R/W: 12/13/11 | Perc +11 (+12 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 21 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 | Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

Reflex: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

ouch

I forgot the +2 but it doesn't matter

Verdant Wheel

Female Human Druid (Wave/Aquatic) - 7 | 78/78hp | HP:0 | F:12, R:14, W:15 | AC25 | Perc:15 | VW | 124312-2004

Zarina conjures up a Shield using the Dusky Rose Aeon Stone in her Wayfinder

Vigilant Seal

CN Aiuvarin (Snowborn) Witch Wary Wizard (Universalist by Substitution) / Metalokineticist 8 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration ➤ Search (+14) w/ Elven Instincts | ↺ ➤ Interdisciplinary Incantation, Resist Harm, Shield Block
Stats:
AC 23 or 26 carapace or 28 shield (hard 6, break 12) | Fortitude (+14), Reflex (+15), Will (+13) | Perception (+12) | Speed 25
♥️ 61/80 w/ Resist Cold (4) | ☘️ ☑☑ | ⚕ none | ✋✋ bonded bastard sword w/ lodestone | slots @ 4□□□, 3□□□, 2□□□, 1□□□ | ☀️ focus (☑□) | ❄️ bond @ 4□, 3□, 2□, 1□

Chilling ice wicks our mercurial hero's skin - her own icy origins inures her against the worst of it - but yet bound by the black oily tentacles, Anri struggles to cut herself free.

Bonded Corrosive (1d6 acid) Bastard Sword vs Black Tentacle (AC 28, 12 HP): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 232d12 + 3 ⇒ (5, 8) + 3 = 161d6 ⇒ 5

◆) Strike
◆◆) Electric Arc vs Soldier

Flat Check to Cast a Spell w/ Manipulate vs Grabbed (DC 5): 1d20 ⇒ 8
Electric Arc (electricity) vs Soldier w/ Basic Reflex (DC 26): 5d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 3, 1) = 8

Cursing in anger, a lightning bolt crackles down from the sky - arcing from her our metallic aura to the readily grounding soldier, spoiling some of his circuitry.

Horizon Hunters

Perc +14 | 30 feet | Class DC 25 | Active Conditions: Fire Resistance 5, Slashing/Piercing Resistance 7 CN Male Gnome(Sensate) Barbarian 9 HP 160/160(173/173) | AC: 26(28) | F +20 R +16 W +15

Reflex: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 + 2 = 17

I'll hero point THAT crit fail.

Reflex: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 2 = 30

Zabu shivers in the frost but doesn't falter.

"Looks like your buddy doesn't care too much about collateral damage," he says to the soldier.

He tackles the soldier at the knees.

Athletics (Trip): 1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 19 + 2 = 36

Crit Success?: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Then slashes at it with his claws.

Claw (Raging, MAP): 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 17 - 4 = 14
Slashing: 2d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8, 8) + 6 + 2 = 24

Claw (Raging, MAP): 1d20 + 17 - 8 ⇒ (13) + 17 - 8 = 22
Slashing: 2d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 8) + 6 + 2 = 22

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 6 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/0 | HP 74/74 | AC 24 | F/R/W: 12/13/11 | Perc +11 (+12 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 21 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 | Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

Isaku's Actions:

Isaku grimaces in pain at the frozen attack. He takes some time to patch himself up.
Battle Medicine, DC 20, Assurance: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (1, 3) + 10 = 14

He then concentrates and heals himself further.

◆◆Soothe, Lvl 2: 2d10 + 8 ⇒ (7, 2) + 8 = 17

Should be back to 41 hp (56 - 41 + 14 + 17)


Reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Oh. That worked rather well. The soldier is far too slow to react, and the electricity cuts right through its metal body. Something inside audibly pops.
It is weak to electricity.

The tentacles continue to squeeze Anri. There's something of a tradeoff; they're certainly hurting and restraining her, but they're a little less vicious against people they're already holding.
tentacle damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Zabu knocks the soldier to the ground, denting it slightly. He then claws through its exposed belly, slipping past the defensive plate. He tears it open and it collapses into a twitching heap with the sound of grinding gears.
That is a critical success, but with its resistance to damage it you'd also have to roll a--a 6, yeah. With its Defense Activated, but Off-Guard canceling it out, a 24 hits. And that destroys it (unless someone wants to stabilize this one too, but Sihn only asked for one).
That leaves you with an action remaining. You are still in the black tentacles area at the moment, so it'll attack you again if you end your turn there.

Isaku treats his wound and heals it with magic.
I count 46.

Zabu's last action and Yakuthiel's turn.
Initiative:
Green Clockwork Mage (shield)
Zabu (102/144)
Anri (47/80, Grabbed [Escape DC 28])
Zarina (26/78, shield)
Yakuthiel (20/78)
Isaku (46/74)

1 to 50 of 286 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zero's #4-07: A Most Wondrous Exchange! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.