Welcome to Alkenstar!

Game Master Violant

Slides and Maps


151 to 200 of 242 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

IG Slides OoA Slides

Am I going crazy? I thought I posted here. Botting Max and Dunn, will bot Erryll tomorrow. I outlined them on the map now, Thraag

Dunn, missing his shot, attempts to go into melee with the machine, dagger in hand. Even if he's preventing a direct line of fire to Erryll, he manages to whiff his attempt at stabbing between the clockwork joints of the creature.

Dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Sorry about that Thraag. I genuinely thought I had already replied here.


Skills:
Concentration +5, Craft: Explosives +8, Arcana +8, Engineering +8, History +8, Planes +8, Religion +8, Linguistics +8, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +8, UMD +6
Attacks:
[dice=Telekinetic Projectile Attack]d20+3[/dice] [dice=Telekinetic Projectile Damage]d6[/dice] [dice=Spiked Chain Attack]d20+5[/dice][dice=Spiked Chain Damage]2d4+6[/dice]
CG Occultist 2; Initiative +2; 20/20 HP; AC 16, Touch 12, FF 14; CMB +4 (5), CMD 16 (17); Fort +7 (8), Ref +4 (5), Will +5 (6); Spells: 1- 3/3; Perception +0

Thraag moves forward and strikes out at the closest creature.

Strike at red.

Spiked Chain Attack-PA: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 1 = 17

Spiked Chain Damage+PA: 2d4 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 + 3 = 15


Semi Non-Binary Masculine Half-Elf Bonded Witch 1 / Sorcerer 1

Revolver: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 141d8 ⇒ 4 At the red clockwork dog


IG Slides OoA Slides

Thraag's spiked chain absolutely wrecks the Clockwork hunter it was attacked by, while Erryl's shot manages falls flat due to the distance away from the clockwork dog in front of him . Only one Clockwork dog remains, with it taking a shot at Dunn.

Light Crossbow @Dunn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Both Maximillian and Dunn aim and strike or fire at the remaining Clockwork Hunter in front of them, with Lord Glass continuing to chant something in Goblin, flittering between a tune you swear you've heard before and some new improvisational ones, calling you lot honorary members of the tribe if you manage to rescue Monsie.

Pepperbox @Blue: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23
Pepperbox Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Dagger @Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Dagger Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

While Lord Glass continues to chant, the construct looks visibly near destruction, as if a few more good hits should knock it into a pile of scrap. Monsie can be heard cheering you on from under her hiding space, "one more! I think they managed to deal with the gnolls too, I can see a corpse from here!"

Everyone's turn! Red is destroyed.


Human Mutated Defender Vigilante 2 ~ AC 21 (t 11, ff 20) | F+3, R+3, W+3 | Init +1, Per +6 | HP 9/21

Narl is about to make a snarky comment about someone like him being a part of a goblin tribe, but then he remembers what he looks like now. As he steps forward to finish off the final mechanical dog, he laughs at himself and considers that he shouldn't be turning down any group that wants to include him.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10


IG Slides OoA Slides

Narl's final strike knocks down the mechanical dog, as it falls to the ground with a satisfying clang as gears clang to the ground. Monsie is quick to look at the wreckage, both to make sure it's well and truly collapsed, as well as to see what gears, levers, and pulleys are salvageable. Lord Glass coughs, as if to alert Monsie out of a fixation with the collapsed dogs that almost killed her, and she puts her hand behind her head in resignation.

"I... I apologize, you guys. All of you! I got overzealous with the commands, and I've... been holed up surviving off of scraps for a few days. It did kill the vast majority of the gnolls, though," after which goblins can be heard cheering at the thought that the toxic thorn in their side is at least lessened.

Lord Glass looks forward in the path, beyond an airship blocking the path, from which a few stray gnoll corpses impaled with a crossbow bolt between the eyes. "With Monsie here, we should be able to help fix up some of your items if you need them. We normally don't deal with too many longshanks due to... issues," he says emphatically, "in the past. You guys seem fine enough, though. Maybe if you could get the airship's motor running you could get it out of the way?"

Monsie chimes in, as the group's resident inventor, "I don't think there's a Nethysian's chance in Smokeside that it'll fly, but... it could move enough to create an opening, so you don't have to climb the scrap heaps and get lockjaw."

Once you go to the direction of the airship

A once magnificent dirigible lies across the pathway through the scrapyard. The words “Harpy’s Kiss” are scrawled in faded black paint along the side in Taldane. It lies in a pile of scrap metal, leaning slightly starboard, blocking the path leading east to west. On the top deck, an exposed alchemical engine juts from the planks, smoke still rising from the blasted contraption.

One more fight before level 2! Give me a Perception check if you wish to proceed to the airship, and a Knowledge (Engineering) check if you wish to try to get the engine up and running enough to scoot the airship.


Skills:
Concentration +5, Craft: Explosives +8, Arcana +8, Engineering +8, History +8, Planes +8, Religion +8, Linguistics +8, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +8, UMD +6
Attacks:
[dice=Telekinetic Projectile Attack]d20+3[/dice] [dice=Telekinetic Projectile Damage]d6[/dice] [dice=Spiked Chain Attack]d20+5[/dice][dice=Spiked Chain Damage]2d4+6[/dice]
CG Occultist 2; Initiative +2; 20/20 HP; AC 16, Touch 12, FF 14; CMB +4 (5), CMD 16 (17); Fort +7 (8), Ref +4 (5), Will +5 (6); Spells: 1- 3/3; Perception +0

Thraag moves forward to see what he can do with the wreckage and is entranced by his thoughts on the machine.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Well, no perception to speak of, but my engineering has been rock solid.


Semi Non-Binary Masculine Half-Elf Bonded Witch 1 / Sorcerer 1

PERC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Also a fairly solid roll


Human Mutated Defender Vigilante 2 ~ AC 21 (t 11, ff 20) | F+3, R+3, W+3 | Init +1, Per +6 | HP 9/21

Aid Another/Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

As much as salvaging an airship appeals to him, Narl doesn't have skillset to know where to start with that. Instead, he's focused on the goblin's mention that only the "majority" of the gnolls are dead, which means that some may be still alive. He cautiously walks forward a short ways with Erryll a ways, eyes scanning all around them while Thraag investiages the airship.


IG Slides OoA Slides

GM screen:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Narl and Erryll can notice two things: firstly, the fairly obvious ghastly smoke rising from the alchemical engine, even though by this point the airship should have its alchemical engine. The second thing you can hear is the sounds of what seems to be a few gnolls, bickering about something.

As Thraag gets the propeller and its alchemical engine barely functional enough to move, it scooches the entire airship along the ground about 10ft, creating an opening for the party to walk through. Monsie rushes to the alchemical engine, once it's moved, to salvage parts for her newest inventions. Once the party (presumably) walks through the newly created path, you see what looks to be a group of mutated gnolls, about 3 of them, centered around what look to be a group of 5 or so dead gnolls, with crossbow bolts clearly being the cause of death. Lord Glass still stands by your side, hoping to cheer you on with war chants (bardic performance).

The largest gnoll in particular seems ready to rend you into pieces, her four clearly mutagenic eyes staring directly at Lord Glass as she snarls. "You did this, didn't you, goblin? You and your tribe built that monstrosity and skewered us. Pfah, we don't need fancy machines to skewer you. All we need is our teeth," she says with venom in her voice. Given the clear mutations present, presumably from the Mana Wastes, there might literally be venom, even!

I'll get initiative rolls up soon, I'm just out of energy right now.


IG Slides OoA Slides

Narl Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Gnolls: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 Rolling them as a group to save time here.
Erryll Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Thraag Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Lord Glass Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Dunn Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Max Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Thank you for playing nice with me, dice.

Maximillian acts quickly and instinctively, reloading the out-of-ammunition pepperbox and firing a shot at the mutated gnoll that he assumes to be the leader. It's a deceptively far shot, but he manages to strike the angry matriarch right between the eyes. The leader, however, in the midst of not trying to hit her allies, misses the small ysoki 20ft in front of her.

Pepperbox: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

The gnolls, however, are quick to anger, and retalliate against the small rat-creature by attempting to surround him and Dunn as they attack the Druid and Gunslinger duo.

Green Gnoll Bite @Dunn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Bite Damage @Dunn: 1d4 ⇒ 4 Dunn 1 HP remaining
Red Gnoll Bite @Max, Flanking: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24
Red Gnoll Bite Confirm: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9
Bite Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1 Max 4 HP remaining

The gnolls surrounding Dunn and Maximillian both land their bites successfully, with the one attacking Dunn drawing considerably more blood as the Nature Fang Druid staggers due to the amount. The remaining two gnolls, the matriarch and one of the others, both try to trip the pair from afar, with the matriarch targetting the Ratfolk in the midst of combat, while the inexperienced underling targets the easy-to-hit (relatively) Druid who has barely even noticed combat's beginnings. They manage to knock the Druid completely unconscious as he falls to the ground, the gnolls laughing like the hyenas they resemble. Following the near-hit by the leader, she clutches onto some kind of map that she's holding in one hand, tears visible in the paper.

Blue Bola @Dunn, 2 range increment: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 2 = 18 I don't know if I need to make a CMB attempt at range anyways, but he's unconscious so I figure I can skip it for now.
Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Leader Bola @Max, 2 range increment, into melee: 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 2 - 4 = 17

You guys are up! Move your token to the relative area that Dunn and Max are at.


Skills:
Concentration +5, Craft: Explosives +8, Arcana +8, Engineering +8, History +8, Planes +8, Religion +8, Linguistics +8, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +8, UMD +6
Attacks:
[dice=Telekinetic Projectile Attack]d20+3[/dice] [dice=Telekinetic Projectile Damage]d6[/dice] [dice=Spiked Chain Attack]d20+5[/dice][dice=Spiked Chain Damage]2d4+6[/dice]
CG Occultist 2; Initiative +2; 20/20 HP; AC 16, Touch 12, FF 14; CMB +4 (5), CMD 16 (17); Fort +7 (8), Ref +4 (5), Will +5 (6); Spells: 1- 3/3; Perception +0

Thraag attacks the one that bit Dunn! He yells out, "Back off!"

Attack with Power Attack. I did not add Inspire Courage because I am not sure if it is active. Please add in the bonus if it should apply.

Spiked Chain Attack w/PA: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 1 = 15

Spiked Chain Damage w/PA: 2d4 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 6 + 3 = 14


Human Mutated Defender Vigilante 2 ~ AC 21 (t 11, ff 20) | F+3, R+3, W+3 | Init +1, Per +6 | HP 9/21

Nodding to acknowledge to himself that he was correct about some gnolls still being around, Narl wastes no time engaging them.

Charge: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Crit damage?: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Attacking red. Narl's AC is -2 this round due to the charge.


Semi Non-Binary Masculine Half-Elf Bonded Witch 1 / Sorcerer 1

Revolver: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d8 ⇒ 7 At the red one ...


IG Slides OoA Slides

Narl knocks the gnoll face-first onto the ground, followed by Thraag also downing the other gnoll that has moved in on the group, while the leader looks on in horror clutching her map as her group of Gnolls has been reduced to herself and one other. However, as they collapse to the ground, horrid pustules erupt into vile acid, splashing onto Narl, causing minor chemical burns from the Waste-mutated gnolls. Give me a DC 14 Reflex saving throw, Narl. On failure, take 1 acid damage.

Dunn Pistol: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Max Pepperbox: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Dunn takes a shot at the remaining non-matriarch, landing right inbetween the eyeballs in the gnoll's forehead, but the bullet clearly doesn't penetrate all the way through, as the gnoll still stands. Lord Glass then rebegins his magic-fueled chant, filling you all with vigor as he switches to a not-so-traditional tune, you actually recognize it as something from the play you were here to see originally. Naturally, it has modified lyrics. Max then attempts to fire a shot at the leader, but she has since moved by the time the ysoki has fired the shot.

"YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS YOU SNIVELING RAT!" the leader shouts as she lashes out a shining whip at the ysoki, hoping to knock him out before killing him. She however misses her whip and strikes the ground, kicking up a bit of dust in the process as she does so. The other one also attempts to bite at Max, realizing his leader has failed to strike with her whip. The ratfolk is clearly injured, but he still manages to remain standing.

+1 Whip: 1d20 + 2 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 5 + 1 + 2 = 18
Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Bite Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2 Max has 2 HP remaining.

Two enemies left until level 2! You three are up, Inspire Courage is on!


Semi Non-Binary Masculine Half-Elf Bonded Witch 1 / Sorcerer 1
GM Violant wrote:

Narl knocks the gnoll face-first onto the ground, followed by Thraag also downing the other gnoll that has moved in on the group, while the leader looks on in horror clutching her map as her group of Gnolls has been reduced to herself and one other. However, as they collapse to the ground, horrid pustules erupt into vile acid, splashing onto Narl, causing minor chemical burns from the Waste-mutated gnolls. Give me a DC 14 Reflex saving throw, Narl. On failure, take 1 acid damage.

DICE ROLLS

Dunn takes a shot at the remaining non-matriarch, landing right inbetween the eyeballs in the gnoll's forehead, but the bullet clearly doesn't penetrate all the way through, as the gnoll still stands. Lord Glass then rebegins his magic-fueled chant, filling you all with vigor as he switches to a not-so-traditional tune, you actually recognize it as something from the play you were here to see originally. Naturally, it has modified lyrics. Max then attempts to fire a shot at the leader, but she has since moved by the time the ysoki has fired the shot.

"YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS YOU SNIVELING RAT!" the leader shouts as she lashes out a shining whip at the ysoki, hoping to knock him out before killing him. She however misses her whip and strikes the ground, kicking up a bit of dust in the process as she does so. The other one also attempts to bite at Max, realizing his leader has failed to strike with her whip. The ratfolk is clearly injured, but he still manages to remain standing.

DICE ROLLS [/ooc]

Two enemies left until level 2! You three are up, Inspire Courage is on!

"NO."

"No ... he will not."
"We are disinclined to do things your way."

Strides forward to place the barrel of his revolver against Max, casts CLW
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Skills:
Concentration +5, Craft: Explosives +8, Arcana +8, Engineering +8, History +8, Planes +8, Religion +8, Linguistics +8, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +8, UMD +6
Attacks:
[dice=Telekinetic Projectile Attack]d20+3[/dice] [dice=Telekinetic Projectile Damage]d6[/dice] [dice=Spiked Chain Attack]d20+5[/dice][dice=Spiked Chain Damage]2d4+6[/dice]
CG Occultist 2; Initiative +2; 20/20 HP; AC 16, Touch 12, FF 14; CMB +4 (5), CMD 16 (17); Fort +7 (8), Ref +4 (5), Will +5 (6); Spells: 1- 3/3; Perception +0

Thraag strikes out at the gnoll in range.

I attack blue since he is in range. Power attack is offset by the Inspire Courage.

Spiked Chain Attack W/IC, PA: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 - 1 = 15

Spiked Chain Damage w/IC, PA: 2d4 + 6 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 + 1 + 3 = 16


IG Slides OoA Slides

Max just looks bewildered as he is momentarily scared he'll be shot by the half-elf witch, and is relieved once he realizes what is going on. The only gnoll left is the leader, clutching the map in one hand, the whip in the other.


Human Mutated Defender Vigilante 2 ~ AC 21 (t 11, ff 20) | F+3, R+3, W+3 | Init +1, Per +6 | HP 9/21

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Narl hisses in surprise more than pain as the acid pustule from his downed enemy bursts onto him.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 1 = 19
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5
CRit damage?: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9

Narl looks up from his acid burn to find the remaining gnoll coming within range of his sword because she wants to strike Maximillian. He feigns looking further at his burn -- trying to time his attack right -- before dropping the pretense and swinging his blade at her neck.


IG Slides OoA Slides

The matriarch just looks bewildered at what transpires with Erryll, allowing Narl to get a good solid gash in her neck, but she still stands. I confused her HP, which is about 20, with the mook's which you guys cleaved through the 2e amount so... they're very dead.

Dunn lies there motionless still, while Max readies yet another shot at the bewildered at the matriarch, allowing her to attempt to gnaw at the ysoki's head. Misread (read: didn't read) whip rules, this is less threatening to you guys than I thought. Whoops. Luckily no damage was done so there's nothing to retcon!

AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Bite Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The bite causes the Ysoki to fall over, bleeding on the floor of the dump below him. The hyena cackles maddly as she makes another attack against the nearest, non-unconscious party member, being Narl, but fails to do so. Lord Glass, not having brought his crossbow with him, continues cheering you on from the sidelines while Monsie dissects the alchemical engine. The last remaining gnoll then cackles like a hyena, "EYAHAHA! POINTING A GUN AT YOUR OWN ALLY, POINTED EARS?"

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

That's Max down! 15 damage to Matriarch. One or two more good hits and she should be down. THEN you can level up to level 2. You all are up, the DMPCs are lying unconscious on the ground, and inspire courage is still up.


Human Mutated Defender Vigilante 2 ~ AC 21 (t 11, ff 20) | F+3, R+3, W+3 | Init +1, Per +6 | HP 9/21

Amazed that the gnoll is still alive, Narl has a fleeting thought wondering about mutations making someone stronger, and wondering if he's stronger in some way he hasn't realized. But most of his thinking power is directed at yanking his sword out of her neck and swinging again.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6


Skills:
Concentration +5, Craft: Explosives +8, Arcana +8, Engineering +8, History +8, Planes +8, Religion +8, Linguistics +8, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +8, UMD +6
Attacks:
[dice=Telekinetic Projectile Attack]d20+3[/dice] [dice=Telekinetic Projectile Damage]d6[/dice] [dice=Spiked Chain Attack]d20+5[/dice][dice=Spiked Chain Damage]2d4+6[/dice]
CG Occultist 2; Initiative +2; 20/20 HP; AC 16, Touch 12, FF 14; CMB +4 (5), CMD 16 (17); Fort +7 (8), Ref +4 (5), Will +5 (6); Spells: 1- 3/3; Perception +0

Thraag says, "Drop her fast before she kills us all!" He then moves forward and takes a swing without any of his allies blocking the way.

Spiked Chain Attack w/IC and PA: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 - 1 = 19

Spiked Chain Damage w/IC and PA: 2d4 + 6 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 6 + 1 + 3 = 14


Semi Non-Binary Masculine Half-Elf Bonded Witch 1 / Sorcerer 1

Revolver: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d8 ⇒ 7 - At the loud mouth ...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
IG Slides OoA Slides

Narl, DC 14 Reflex or take another 1 acid damage. With this, you guys level up to level 2!

As the leader of the group of gnolls falls to Erryll's gunshot, you can hear the goblins cheer and holler, glad that the menace to their encampment in the scrapheap is finally over and that their prized inventor is safe. The map that the leader was clenching comes free, along with the rest of her gear (leather armor, a potion of CLW, 20gp, and a +1 Whip). Lord Glass thanks you "longshanks" himself, and manages to drag Monsie away from her work for her to shake anyone's hands who's willing.

Not much gold on account of soon-to-be payment for a bank robbery.

One of the goblins, presumably some form of medic, bandages up and stabilizes your two fallen party members as you hear a familiar voice shouting: Loveless. As she shouts, the goblin crew shes you into the sewer, along which map you can see a variety of entrances, including one near the Barrel and Bullet Saloon, where Dunsmith recruited the 5 of you, as well as the one who had cold feet and left.

Midway through your trek through the sewers, you hear Loveless's voice again. “You’re so useless. At this point, finding them is going to be impossible! They’ve likely gotten back to their hideout by now. Did your contact forge that evidence we need to arrest Gattlebee? A week? Tell them they have five days. Hurry it up! “Meanwhile, raid the usual places in Hellside and Smokeside. If you find the thieves, kill them. They were trying to kill you after all, got it? You had no choice. Let your squad know that anyone who makes the killing shot gets a nice fat purse from Mugland as a thank you. Now, get out of here before I shoot you myself.” The deputy swears under her breath before the sound of her footsteps echoes down the sewer drain. A horse whinnies, then trots away.

Once the lot of you exit through the sewers into the Barrel and Bullet Saloon, Dunsmith greets you casually as if you were any other customer. The two beaten up, formerly unconscious gunslinger and druid, seem to put in their figurative letters of resignation as they just... walk off as Dunsmith beckons you to the backrooms where the 3 of you, and Thraag separately, were told about this job. You dump the uncracked lockbox from your bag of holding as you sit down around a table to converse with Dunsmith, careful not to spill some of your pocketed group-funds that didn't really even come from the bank itself, thieves that you are.

"For Brigh's sake. Three flakes in one job? I've got two members lined up just in case things go south like they seem to have here... But I'm running out of secondaries. Do tell me how it went, while I work on this thing," she says as she gets some lockpicks out and works on the lockbox. She pauses for a moment, as if remembering something, before resuming, "Oh, and unless you want to give me 150gp each for 'em, I'll need the Hats of Disguise back. You'll get your payments after I finish cracking this," she says as she motions to the lockbox on the table in front of her.

You guys have 1530gp, 9200sp to split between all of you as you see fit as well from the lockbox,unless you tell Dunsmith about it like goody-two-shoes. There's also the proper lockbox you just shoved in there, from which Dunsmith will give each of you 250gp [this does not include the new members about to join] after you're done. Feel free to ask Dunsmith questions. The lockbox you're giving her is the larger one, unless you guys want to fork it over, you can keep the 1530gp and 9200sp one for yourselves. And with that, you guys are at level 2!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Mutated Defender Vigilante 2 ~ AC 21 (t 11, ff 20) | F+3, R+3, W+3 | Init +1, Per +6 | HP 9/21

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Once the gnoll is dead, Narl cleans his sword and sheathes it while the goblins are celebrating. At Monsie's offered hand, the mutant warrior considers it for a brief second before shaking it and the hands of any other goblins that offer. He starts to ask what's on the map before Loveless' arrival forces the group into the sewers to escape.

Back at the inn, Narl had almost forgotten that he was wearing the hat of disguise. He returns it to the innkeeper and then looks on Thraag's true image for the first time.

"Thanks for the assistance. I wasn't expecting that to be easy, but things could have really turned south if you hadn't shown up.

"Also, good shooting, Erryll. You too, Dunn."

As Dunsmith is working on the lockboxes, Narl asks her, "We heard Loveless mention someone named 'Gattlebee.' Do you know that name? She's got them in her sights."


Semi Non-Binary Masculine Half-Elf Bonded Witch 1 / Sorcerer 1
Narl Smathok wrote:

[dice=Reflex]1d20+3

Once the gnoll is dead, Narl cleans his sword and sheathes it while the goblins are celebrating. At Monsie's offered hand, the mutant warrior considers it for a brief second before shaking it and the hands of any other goblins that offer. He starts to ask what's on the map before Loveless' arrival forces the group into the sewers to escape.

Back at the inn, Narl had almost forgotten that he was wearing the hat of disguise. He returns it to the innkeeper and then looks on Thraag's true image for the first time.

"Thanks for the assistance. I wasn't expecting that to be easy, but things could have really turned south if you hadn't shown up.

"Also, good shooting, Erryll. You too, Dunn."

As Dunsmith is working on the lockboxes, Narl asks her, "We heard Loveless mention someone named 'Gattlebee.' Do you know that name? She's got them in her sights."

"Gattlebee is going to be framed actually, just like my grandparents. Boy would I love to meet this 'artist' of theirs. I don't usually go in for the maiming, but I could make an exception New skills are important to all of us."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
IG Slides OoA Slides

"Gattlebee? You didn't hear about the demonstration explosion? Thought that was relatively big news, but yeah, he's going to be framed seemingly. Genius alchemist that invented something called 'pyronite,'" she says as she seems to make a face of discovery, as if she's gotten closer to cracking the lockbox. "He's either a misunderstood genius, or a perfectly understood crackpot, depending on who you ask! Vashon Gattlebee recently invented an explosive that, and I quote him exactly, 'can contain a hundred cannon's worth of firepower in a single tube no bigger than a goblin's forearm. You see now why practically everyone wants their hands on the stuff, yeah?"


Skills:
Concentration +5, Craft: Explosives +8, Arcana +8, Engineering +8, History +8, Planes +8, Religion +8, Linguistics +8, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +8, UMD +6
Attacks:
[dice=Telekinetic Projectile Attack]d20+3[/dice] [dice=Telekinetic Projectile Damage]d6[/dice] [dice=Spiked Chain Attack]d20+5[/dice][dice=Spiked Chain Damage]2d4+6[/dice]
CG Occultist 2; Initiative +2; 20/20 HP; AC 16, Touch 12, FF 14; CMB +4 (5), CMD 16 (17); Fort +7 (8), Ref +4 (5), Will +5 (6); Spells: 1- 3/3; Perception +0

"Is he in hiding? I would definitely be interested in finding out more about this pyronite." Thraag says as he considers what formula the man was working with.


IG Slides OoA Slides

The dwarf makes another eureka expression as she cracks another porrtion of the lockbox. "Hiding in a matter of speaking, though he should be hiding properly: He's one of Alkenstar's most famous recluses, and has been holed up in his workshop for a while now. And from what I saw with my own eyes at the expedition, a pea sized bit was supposed to blow open an adamantine safe." She then puts her shotgun on the table, sure she's getting close to cracking the safe at last, before continuing, "It blew up half of an entire lecture hall."


Semi Non-Binary Masculine Half-Elf Bonded Witch 1 / Sorcerer 1
GM Violant wrote:
The dwarf makes another eureka expression as she cracks another porrtion of the lockbox. "Hiding in a matter of speaking, though he should be hiding properly: He's one of Alkenstar's most famous recluses, and has been holed up in his workshop for a while now. And from what I saw with my own eyes at the expedition, a pea sized bit was supposed to blow open an adamantine safe." She then puts her shotgun on the table, sure she's getting close to cracking the safe at last, before continuing, "It blew up half of an entire lecture hall."

"There are 2 problems here, maybe more. 1 - a great inventor is being targeted and is in danger. 2 - control of an extremely important discovery could fall into the hands of people everyone here knows are rotten, in fact, we should all very much NOT want this to happen. We should try to foil this plan of Mugel & Lovelace; we should try to help Vashon dodge this bullet!"

Erryll happily hands back his Hat of Disguise, not worried in the least because he's off to see his 'friend' at the brothel ... and to pick of his Sleeves of Many Garments there as well. He wasn't sure if Madam Xutchii would let him freelance this weekend, but he hoped so.


IG Slides OoA Slides

"Since Dunn and Maximillian seem to be leaving," Dunsmith says as she finally cracks open the safe, idly tapping her shotgun, "I brought in two... I guess you could say differing outlaws to help you in your task."

She then hands all five of you 25 pieces of platinum, followed by Dunn and Maximillian heading out for the door. "The two new members of this... er, operation, should be here any minute. One was... relatively high up before Mugland and Loveless mucked everything up: Onnello Ustradi, the other doesn't have much to do with Mugland and Loveless at all, got caught doing something entirely different, but they still have a bounty on the guy's head: Tolm Hidrer."

The dwarf continues idly tapping her shotgun as she paces, waiting for the newest outlaws to show their faces.

The two of you can show on up now and introduce yourself if you'd so wish. Onnello and Tolm don't get the 25pp, as that was awarded to Dunn and Maximillian, who are no longer here.

Grand Lodge

A tall half orc walks in, sitting 6'8" but not overtly stocky in comparison to some other half orcs. He has short cropped black hair and is relatively handsome. He has a garish scar on his hand that resembles the symbol of moloch stands out. He wears a standard explorers type outfit but peaking under you can see leather reinforcement and at his side is a knife that looks like the points of a compass with a cross bar through the middle as a handle "Hello there, I heard you all could use some help, and quite frankly I could do with a job. Things are tougher out here than I'm used too where I'm from" he says to you all, tipping his head in a slight nod of greeting.


Male Human Vindictive Bastard 2 HP 22/22 | AC 18/T 14/FF 14 | Fort+5 / Ref +4 / Will +5 | CMB +3/CMD 17 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Diplo. + 6

As he moves up the street Onnello keeps his head low and his wide brimmed black felt hat pulled down. Since his 'fall' he'd stayed near 'Ms Kitty's', but the invitation to make some real money couldn't be passed up. It was less than a mile to 'Barrel and Bullet Saloon' but his right leg was already throbbing by the time he reaches the corner of the building. He'd been able to get his duster on over his right arm, but even that movement had aggravated his shoulder, but he didn't need full use of his right arm to do what he would be hired to do.

Keeping his right hand tucked in the pocket of the brown duster, he takes a moment and walks around the building. Pausing he wonders if it's his old 'shieldmarshal' training kicking in, or if he'd just gotten paranoid. Shaking his head he realizes it didn't matter, no reason to walk in a building he doesn't know how to get out of. As he steps onto the wooden porch of the Saloon his black stove pipe boots make a slight noise as he walks to the swinging doors. Taking a deep breath, out of habit, he tugs on his brown leather vest and straightens his gun belt. Pushing the swinging doors open, he casually rests his left hand on the handle of his cross draw 'dragon pistol'

Moving quickly through the Tavern he heads to the back room he'd been told about. Seeing the tall half orc enter, he smiles to himself, the fellow was about four inches taller than he, at least he won't stand out too much. Walking into the back room he sees Dunsmith, the dwarf who he'd spoken with and three others. Recognizing Erryll, he lifts his chin in a nod, then looking towards the others, he tips his hat. "Pleasure to be working with you." as puts the hat back on, his long hair shifts enough to reveal the horizontal T-shaped scar on the left side of his face. Horizontally running from his left ear creasing his narrow, broken, nose, vertically running from bellow his eye to the edge of his lips, pinching with its center a bullet exit wound on his left cheek,


Semi Non-Binary Masculine Half-Elf Bonded Witch 1 / Sorcerer 1
Onnello Ustradi wrote:

As he moves up the street Onnello keeps his head low and his wide brimmed black felt hat pulled down. Since his 'fall' he'd stayed near 'Ms Kitty's', but the invitation to make some real money couldn't be passed up. It was less than a mile to 'Barrel and Bullet Saloon' but his right leg was already throbbing by the time he reaches the corner of the building. He'd been able to get his duster on over his right arm, but even that movement had aggravated his shoulder, but he didn't need full use of his right arm to do what he would be hired to do.

Keeping his right hand tucked in the pocket of the brown duster, he takes a moment and walks around the building. Pausing he wonders if it's his old 'shieldmarshal' training kicking in, or if he'd just gotten paranoid. Shaking his head he realizes it didn't matter, no reason to walk in a building he doesn't know how to get out of. As he steps onto the wooden porch of the Saloon his black stove pipe boots make a slight noise as he walks to the swinging doors. Taking a deep breath, out of habit, he tugs on his brown leather vest and straightens his gun belt. Pushing the swinging doors open, he casually rests his left hand on the handle of his cross draw 'dragon pistol'

Moving quickly through the Tavern he heads to the back room he'd been told about. Seeing the tall half orc enter, he smiles to himself, the fellow was about four inches taller than he, at least he won't stand out too much. Walking into the back room he sees Dunsmith, the dwarf who he'd spoken with and three others. Recognizing Erryll, he lifts his chin in a nod, then looking towards the others, he tips his hat. "Pleasure to be working with you." as puts the hat back on, his long hair shifts enough to reveal the horizontal T-shaped scar on the left side of his face. Horizontally running from his left ear creasing his narrow, broken, nose, vertically running from bellow his eye to the edge of his lips, pinching with its center a bullet exit wound on his left cheek,

When they had first met, Onnello had looked a great deal worse for the wear. A whole LOT of wear. Erryll's time at Ms. Kitty's was ... well, it certainly wasn't private, not entirely, but it had been quite different when he & Kitty had discussed Onnello. He looked MUCH better at the moment ...





Previously, at Ms Kitty's Experienctial Empourium ...

"Master Reyven, I know our conversations normally go in a fairly specific direction, but I wondered if I might speak to you about one of my new boarders. I think you could help him."

"Having never called me 'Master Reyven' before I'm a little concerned that your boarder is a priest or a politician ..."

Kitty smiled, very gently to be honest
"Erryll ... you told me your ancestors taught you to hex, a hex that heals, in addition your spells which heal. This man needs help. Could you take a look?"

"I could, and I will, and I would be glad for the practice. Most of the men you ask me to meet haven't 'touched' you quite like this, let's make haste."

Kitty was a good judge of character, her own character dubious though it might be. Erryll helped. The spell did as much as spells do ... and he would need some time with his 'family' to ask why his hex didn't fix the man's face. The ancestors would know, Erryll simply wished better for the man. Onnello hadn't done this to himself, and Erryll was glad to have helped set things right.


IG Slides OoA Slides

Dunsmith swirls the dregs of her whiskey in her glass, downs the drink, and stands. She unholsters her shotgun in one fluid motion, then sets the firearm on the bar counter. “Well now,” she says in a low voice. “I suddenly have a lot of dirt on each of you, don’t I? Armed robbery, obstruction of justice, evading the law, desertion, artefact theft. Quite a rap sheet.” She leans against the bar and stretches casually. “I guess this means I should tell you something about me. I’m not just a saloon owner, for starters.” She removes her holster and sets it on the bar next to her shotgun. “In fact, I work for a very powerful person, someone you’re no doubt familiar with.” She puts one hand in her vest, palms something, and extends her closed hand. It’s a small signet ring that exhibits the distinctive symbol of the Grand Duchy of Alkenstar. “Does Grand Duchess Trietta Ricia ring a bell? Yeah, I thought so.” Dunsmith can hardly contain her smirk, enthralled with her own theatrics. “What this means is,” she sighs, drawing out the words, “since you work for me, you actually work for the grand duchess.” She laughs, her cool façade finally cracking, then slips the ring back into her pocket. “What? Surprised? Trust me, it’s good to have friends in high places. Besides, now that we’re all formally acquainted, it’s about time the real fun began, don’t you think?”

"We can start your next job in four days, or sooner if you’re able. Does anyone else have any questions,” she ask as her grin grows wider, the cool façade cracking even further.


Semi Non-Binary Masculine Half-Elf Bonded Witch 1 / Sorcerer 1

"Thank goodness I commissioned the Sleeves of Many Garments I wanted to badly ... wouldn't want to meet the Duchess in just any old thing."

The elf smiles

"In all seriousness though, yes, a question: what's for lunch?"

Grand Lodge

"none from me, but I am ready for the job whenever everyone else is" then Told lets out a chuckle "lunch does sound great though"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Vindictive Bastard 2 HP 22/22 | AC 18/T 14/FF 14 | Fort+5 / Ref +4 / Will +5 | CMB +3/CMD 17 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Diplo. + 6

As Dunsmith moved to unholster her weapon, Onnello shifts his hand, so it was no longer resting on the 'dragon pistol' but had quickly gripped the handle. Seeing her rest the weapon on the bar, he relaxed a little. Raising an eyebrow when she went through their litany of crimes, he assumes she pegged him as a deserter, especially since he still carried his service revolver. She may not know if Orlando Guillaume was dead. It didn't matter much to him, as long as his mother and sisters were safe.

He, resist the urge to snort when she says she works for a very powerful person, every desperado he'd met said the same thing. as she produces the ring he steps closer taking a better look. Was it really possible? Could this scheming barkeep really be working fro the Grand Duchess? Chuckling with Dunsmith, he nods, he was truly surprised, and curious about what the 'real fun' would entail. He rolls his eyes at Erryll's comment, but he had to admit the elf did have a funny sense of humor.

Not particularly hungry, he was also ready for a paying job, but he did want to know what the next job is. Clearing his throat, he asks, "Will we be discussing the next job over lunch?"


Skills:
Concentration +5, Craft: Explosives +8, Arcana +8, Engineering +8, History +8, Planes +8, Religion +8, Linguistics +8, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +8, UMD +6
Attacks:
[dice=Telekinetic Projectile Attack]d20+3[/dice] [dice=Telekinetic Projectile Damage]d6[/dice] [dice=Spiked Chain Attack]d20+5[/dice][dice=Spiked Chain Damage]2d4+6[/dice]
CG Occultist 2; Initiative +2; 20/20 HP; AC 16, Touch 12, FF 14; CMB +4 (5), CMD 16 (17); Fort +7 (8), Ref +4 (5), Will +5 (6); Spells: 1- 3/3; Perception +0

Thraag looks over the two new men but keeps any thoughts on them to himself. He looks back at Dunsmith and says, "I should be ready before then. Does the next job have to do with this Pyronite?" Thraag considers what fun experiments he might be able to devise with such a powerful substance.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Mutated Defender Vigilante 2 ~ AC 21 (t 11, ff 20) | F+3, R+3, W+3 | Init +1, Per +6 | HP 9/21

Apologies, I've been dealing with a sick kid.

When Onnello and Told turned up, and Narl was told they'd be working with the group, he quietly nodded in greeting, but started to get his hackles up. He even forgot to hide his disfigured face under his hood. He was again forced to face the fact that he had very little control over his situation. People coming and going, and he doesn't even have a say in who he's working with. Erryll, Dunn, and Thraag seem reliable in a fight, and that tells him a lot, but he'd have to make a point of talking to these two new people and get a sense of who they are, also.

And when Dunsmith reveals who she really serves, Narl's sense of lack of control doubled. He needs to figure out how to get out of this situation! He can clear his name on his own! But... the Grand Duchess of Alkenstar?! That sort of contact could really help his alter ego. Especially if he could get some dirt on her.

But first things first: "Wait, wait, hold up." Narl moves to the front of the group directly across the table from Dunsmith. "'Next job?' How many jobs are there going to be, and how are they going to help us take down Mugland and Lovelace? What's the big picture? Can't the Grand Duchess just take care of corrupt officials herself?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
IG Slides OoA Slides

In response to Erryll's question, Dunsmith pulls out pork, hardtack, and black coffee, not necessarily a large amount, but enough to count as a 'meal' if questioned.

"Yes, we will be discussing the next job over lunch. You asked about Vaton Gattlebee, didn't you?" She paces around the Barrel & Bullet’s back room as she talks. She’s animated and enthusiastic, clearly
firing on all cylinders and still reveling in the success of the Gold Tank Reserve heist. “For this next job,” Dunsmith says, “the duchess has asked us to secure some very precious cargo.” She slides a broadsheet across the table: a poster advertising “Vashon Gattlebee’s Pyronite Exhibition” at Blythir College. The poster includes a woodprint of a harried human man in his fifties—presumably Gattlebee—and some hyperbolic copy promoting the “once-in-a-lifetime explosive showcase.”

“I've told you all heard of Gattlebee and his pyronite,
yeah?”
Dunsmith asks. “Talk of the town ever since he leveled half of Blythir’s largest auditorium. Well, Gattlebee’s invention has gotten him a lot of admirers recently. Everyone in Alkenstar wants
a piece of the man, or at least a piece of his new invention. Thankfully for us, Gattlebee’s turned down everyone who’s offered to hire him on or buy the pyronite formula from him. He’s been able to hold off his prospectors from the safety of his own home so far, but he can’t hold down that puny brick-and-mortar fortress forever. Fortunately, the grand duchess and I have managed to convince Gattlebee he’d be better off here, in the saloon’s workshop, where no one will know his location. He’s game, and now we just need to get him from point A to point B. That’s where you come in. We need you to meet Gattlebee at his home on the other side of the city and bring him back to the Barrel & Bullet. Once he’s here, I can keep him safe. Simple enough job, right? Go get Gattlebee and bring him back here. I’m paying you fifty gold apiece to bring him back in one piece.”
Dunsmith pinches the bridge of her nose like she’s just remembered something unpleasant. “Oh yeah. As part of our arrangement, Gattlebee made us promise that he’d be able to make a stop along the way here. Near Ironside Quarter at some abandoned brewery. Got me why, but that’s the deal: stop at a place called ‘Yeast of All Brewery’ once you’ve got Gattlebee. Besides, it might be a good place to lay low if you need to catch your breath. Anyway. We don’t have much time to get this done. Mugland and Loveless are likely to make a grab for Gattlebee soon. Mugland’s been moving money around and paying off some shady folk. By my estimations, we have about four days to get to Gattlebee before our cargo is compromised. Be ready for Mugland’s mercenaries, Loveless’s street gangs, or anyone else under our rivals’ thumbs.” Dunsmith pulls a rolled-up map of Alkenstar from a nearby shelf and unfurls it across table. “You should scout your route before you pick up Gattlebee, just to make sure it’s safe.” She then removes her cameo brooch and sets it on top of the map. “Show this to Gattlebee so he knows you’re working for me.”

She takes pause at Narl's question, before she finally responds, “Mugland and Loveless desperately want the formula for pyronite, no doubt for some shady back room deal they’re hoping to make. So far, they haven’t left a shred of evidence about their plans, but it’s only a matter of time until they slip up. When that happens, you’ll have your chance to make things right, whatever that means to you. In the meantime, we’ve got to make sure neither of them achieves their goals, which is why we have to get Gattlebee to safety. As for why the Grand Duchess doesn't do the job herself? We don't know how many shieldmarshals have gone corrupt to the side of Loveless, so we can't exactly trust our own here. Most of you have a score to settle with Loveless and-slash-or Mugland, so outlaws came to mind.”


Skills:
Concentration +5, Craft: Explosives +8, Arcana +8, Engineering +8, History +8, Planes +8, Religion +8, Linguistics +8, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +8, UMD +6
Attacks:
[dice=Telekinetic Projectile Attack]d20+3[/dice] [dice=Telekinetic Projectile Damage]d6[/dice] [dice=Spiked Chain Attack]d20+5[/dice][dice=Spiked Chain Damage]2d4+6[/dice]
CG Occultist 2; Initiative +2; 20/20 HP; AC 16, Touch 12, FF 14; CMB +4 (5), CMD 16 (17); Fort +7 (8), Ref +4 (5), Will +5 (6); Spells: 1- 3/3; Perception +0

"Do you have a safe house for us to take Gattlebee? And what are the chances he is going to want to work with us if he is already a recluse? Having to kidnap him with his explosives while Lovelace is on our trail might be a tall order." Thraag says as he considers trying to get a mad scientist to come along while the law lady is shooting at him.


IG Slides OoA Slides

Dunsmith turns to Thraag, acknowledging his questions, and says, “What to expect? Ha! He’s harmless, explosive grains of sand notwithstanding. Bit of a shut-in recently though, of course, and he’s whip-smart when it comes to keeping intruders out of his home,
so watch your step. He knows about our arrangement to get him to safety, but he’s always neck-deep in his work, and he forgets just about anything that isn’t written in his formula book. Don’t be surprised if the door’s locked when you get there. Shoot, he might not even remember it’s the day you’re coming! As for where to take him, why here of course. You should scout your route between Steamhaven and Ferrous Quarter before you pick up the cargo. There’s no good sewer access between here and there, sadly, so you’ll have to bring him overland, through the city. You’ll run into trouble, no doubt about it— goons hired by Mugland, for sure. You should be able to catch your breath at Yeast of All Brewery before completing the final leg of the trip, though.”


Male Human Vindictive Bastard 2 HP 22/22 | AC 18/T 14/FF 14 | Fort+5 / Ref +4 / Will +5 | CMB +3/CMD 17 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Diplo. + 6

Having gotten in the habit of wearing his hair loose and his head down, Onnello's smirk, when Dunsmith pulls out pork and hardtack, hopefully goes unnoticed. As he pours himself a cup of black coffee, he notices the animated dwarf returning with a poster board. Scooting the platter of pork and hardtack out of the way, he makes room for the signage. Twisting, so as to hold the cup over the floor instead of the table he listens as she explains the job.

He furrows his brow as she describes the 'target.' Not at all great for a group trying to maintain a low profile. She was right, they'd need to get the 'lay of the land' before they pulled the 'job.' Some sort of diversion might not be a bad idea. He paused for a moment wondering what the alchemist could want from an old brewery. But the fact was it didn't matter, they would do what the fellow wanted, if for no other reason than it was what they were hired to do. As the half orc asked a couple of questions, Onnello considered a couple of his own.

Sipping his coffee he considered a couple options, "Our first step should be to check the routes from his house to the brewery then to here. Plan a primary route then a couple alternatives."

He furrowed his brow for a moment. "Some sort of secure transportation we can hide him in might work as well." He looks around the table, "Anyone know a smuggler with a wagon that has a false bottom?" He smiles slightly, "Pity a dirigible would be too obvious."

Pausing to think for a moment he remembers when he'd walked into the room, "we're those 'hats of disguise' you all were using? Would there be an extra one to put on Gattlebee? I hope we don't have to have him run all the way, but a disguise would help."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Mutated Defender Vigilante 2 ~ AC 21 (t 11, ff 20) | F+3, R+3, W+3 | Init +1, Per +6 | HP 9/21

Narl indicates Dunsmith. "They're her hats, so we returned them."

He snatches up the brooch she laid on the table.

"Is this 'four days' set in stone? Seems like the longer we wait, the more time Loveless and Mugland have to gather their forces and whatever evidence they're putting together. If Gattlebee will agree, can't we get him sooner?"

He tries to recall what he can about the Yeast of All Brewery.

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Semi Non-Binary Masculine Half-Elf Bonded Witch 1 / Sorcerer 1
Onnello Ustradi wrote:

Having gotten in the habit of wearing his hair loose and his head down, Onnello's smirk, when Dunsmith pulls out pork and hardtack, hopefully goes unnoticed. As he pours himself a cup of black coffee, he notices the animated dwarf returning with a poster board. Scooting the platter of pork and hardtack out of the way, he makes room for the signage. Twisting, so as to hold the cup over the floor instead of the table he listens as she explains the job.

He furrows his brow as she describes the 'target.' Not at all great for a group trying to maintain a low profile. She was right, they'd need to get the 'lay of the land' before they pulled the 'job.' Some sort of diversion might not be a bad idea. He paused for a moment wondering what the alchemist could want from an old brewery. But the fact was it didn't matter, they would do what the fellow wanted, if for no other reason than it was what they were hired to do. As the half orc asked a couple of questions, Onnello considered a couple of his own.

Sipping his coffee he considered a couple options, "Our first step should be to check the routes from his house to the brewery then to here. Plan a primary route then a couple alternatives."

He furrowed his brow for a moment. "Some sort of secure transportation we can hide him in might work as well." He looks around the table, "Anyone know a smuggler with a wagon that has a false bottom?" He smiles slightly, "Pity a dirigible would be too obvious."

Pausing to think for a moment he remembers when he'd walked into the room, "we're those 'hats of disguise' you all were using? Would there be an extra one to put on Gattlebee? I hope we don't have to have him run all the way, but a disguise would help."

"A Hat of Disguise for him is a great idea, but I think it would also be wise to assign him a 'handler' -- magic items are not all that forgiving, especially with the absent-minded; the magic depends on Gattlebee actually using it."

The half-elf reaches over Onnello for a slice of pork

"Mmmmmm, tasty! When we are done with lunch, I have some things I need to pick up before we go scouting, which we could do tonight, or we could do tomorrow, or honestly we could do both. But my armor should be ready, and I am certainly ready to be wearing it!"

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Told poors a cup of coffee and dips some hard tack in it. Taking a bite he says"I think a handler is a .ust, someone relatively capable at close combat might not be a bad idea. he grabs a piece of pork to eat as well. "Mmm, That really hits the spot. As for scouting, getting a general layout might be possible tonight, providing your armor is finished before this evening. In my experience it's easier to get a general feel for things with some sort of light rather than the dark."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Vindictive Bastard 2 HP 22/22 | AC 18/T 14/FF 14 | Fort+5 / Ref +4 / Will +5 | CMB +3/CMD 17 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Diplo. + 6

Nodding at Narl, Onnello understood he'd need to ask the dwarf. When Narl asked about moving the time frame up, Onnello considers the idea. In his mind it would depend on how much planning they would need and what gear to pull it off. turning to the dwarf, he waits until she answers Narl then asks, "So Dunsmith, what do you say, can we use the hats?"

As Erryll spoke about acquiring his new gear, Onnello smiled, he understood his friend wanted to be 'dressed in his finest.' But he wasn't sure that waiting until dark was the best idea. As Told voices almost the exact same concern, Onnello chimes in looking around the table. "No reason we can't 'take a walk' this afternoon, Right." His smile turns wolfish, "If we need to do any 'Second story work' to get a look inside the brewery we can do that after dark once were all kitted out."


Skills:
Concentration +5, Craft: Explosives +8, Arcana +8, Engineering +8, History +8, Planes +8, Religion +8, Linguistics +8, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +8, UMD +6
Attacks:
[dice=Telekinetic Projectile Attack]d20+3[/dice] [dice=Telekinetic Projectile Damage]d6[/dice] [dice=Spiked Chain Attack]d20+5[/dice][dice=Spiked Chain Damage]2d4+6[/dice]
CG Occultist 2; Initiative +2; 20/20 HP; AC 16, Touch 12, FF 14; CMB +4 (5), CMD 16 (17); Fort +7 (8), Ref +4 (5), Will +5 (6); Spells: 1- 3/3; Perception +0

"Or we can just show up in the day and see if they have any good brews." Thraag says with a smile.


Semi Non-Binary Masculine Half-Elf Bonded Witch 1 / Sorcerer 1
Thraag the Younger wrote:
"Or we can just show up in the day and see if they have any good brews." Thraag says with a smile.

"There is good sense in this approach, and it let's us check off all the boxes. I could go to Kitty's, and then to the weavery for the the armor, pick up a few other things and then we could all meet at the Brewery around dusk; ostensibly for drinks and dinner, but with more than enough daylight to case the area, also allowing us to take its measure after the sun sets as well. Plus the drinks & the dinner, which in principle lets us evaluate the locals."

151 to 200 of 242 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Magic is dead! Long live magic! (OoA 1E) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.