[GDXII] PF2e B04 - Cat's Cradle (P1) (Inactive)

Game Master UncleFroggy

Symbols > Single Action (◆), Double Action (◆◆), Triple Action (◆◆◆), Free Action (◇), Reaction (↺)


1 to 50 of 66 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Please dot (add a post) in here and then delete your post to add yourself to this campaign.

1) I am based in Southeast Asia (UTC +8) so my posting hours may be unusual (especially for those in North America). I usually update at least one or twice per day. Just to keep the game moving, please post at least once every day and at least once during the weekend.

2) Please label all three of your actions. Even if you think what you are doing is obvious.

3) If I am unavailable for longer than 24 hours, I will let you know in the Discussion Tab. Out of respect for your fellow players and myself, I ask that you do the same. Real life happens, and real life will always take priority over the game, but out of fairness for your fellow players, please let us know if you will be unavailable for an extended period of time.

4) Please note that on the following days, my posting can get unpredictable:
Tuesday/Thursdays - all day, as they are the 2 busiest days of my work week

4) Please complete the Macros and the Slides linked at the top of the page.

5) Questions, concerns? Feel free to share them in the Discussion tab.

6) Let's have some fun and tell a great story together! After all, that's what we are here for.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Your adventure begins in Eto, a bustling settlement on the Golden Road in Osirion. While exploring the city, you happen to pass by The Bent Coin tavern and spot a a bulletin board where caravan merchants often advertise to hire guards, drivers, and other employees. A gnome merchant with shocking blue hair, Tidbit Wizelboom, glances appraisingly at the board before borrowing one of the bar stools to pin up a notice. The Bent Count’s other patrons gather round to view the posted scroll. You see an intricate drawing of a puzzle box covered in odd gears and mechanisms, plus a request written in Common, Osiriani, and Kelish.

Reward: Stolen Puzzle Box!
This antique puzzle box was stolen by a bandit raid on my caravan yesterday. It is a keepsake from my grandmother, and of immense sentimental value to me. I am looking for a few brave souls to confront the bandits and retrieve the puzzle box along with any other clockworks of mine you find with the Wizelboom mark. Adventurers bold, please inquire within!
–Tidbit Wizelboom, of Wizelboom’s Clockwork Creation

As you peruse the bounties being offered, you see other adventurers gathered around the Puzzle Box ad.

Feel free to introduce yourselves

Radiant Oath

Female Halfling Kineticist 3 | AC 20 | HP 42/42| F11 R10 W4 | Perc +4 | Hero 1/3 | Half Luck [ ] | SA +9 DC 19 | Spd 25'

A halfling woman with a fish jumping around in a side pouch peers at the sign. She then turns to the rest.

”Greetings. I’m Glenda. Used to own a restaurant but then it burned down. Gloomy and hungry, I went fishing at a nearby river and this trout jumped out and slapped me on the face. And now we have a connection as I try to earn enough to rebuild the restaurant. I throw it at enemies and it also uh.. ejects tomatoes and other produce. Don’t ask me where it’s from. I don’t know either.”

The fish wriggles around, emanating elemental power.

Verdant Wheel

Female Sensate Gnome Wandering Reverie Psychic of the Tangible Dream | Fortune Teller | HP 16/16, AC 16 (17 w Shield raised), Fortitude* +5, Reflex* +6, Will** +6, Perception* +4 (low-light vision, imprecise scent 30 ft, +2 to locate undetected creature), Stealth* +6 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Repeat a Spell (Detect Magic | Active Conditions Psyche Unleashed | ◆◇↺

"What's that?" a gnome with vibrant purple hair stops daydreaming as she walks aimlessly when the crowd catches her attention.

"Hello, hello. What do we have here?" she inquires and looks upon the ad posted. "Stolen puzzle box? How unfortunate!" she reacts dramatically to what she just read. "Let's help this Tidbit Wizelboom! Where I can find this certain Wizelboom?" she is oblivious that the one posted it is the one she is looking for because her mind and eyes were wandering when the posting was done.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Halfing Male Rogue (Thief Racket) 1
Stats:
AC 18 | Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +7 | Perception +7 (+2 circumstance vs concealed/hidden) | Low-Light Vision | Speed 25
HP 15/15, Halfling Luck 1/1, Hero Points 1/1

Suddenly a voice next to you pipes up. "A chance to steal a stolen puzzle is too good to pass up. I'd happily join if you'll have me. Name's Evren Thistledown." Standing next there is a handsome halfing with light hair and a well quaffed goatee leaving you wondering how you missed him, but somewhat fading from memory when you look away and blending into the background.

Vigilant Seal

NG android monk 1 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 19/19 | AC 16 (19) | F +6 R +6 W +6 | Perc +4 | Spd 25ft. |

"Such lawlessness should be punished," exclaims an android constructed of equal parts futuristic steel, flesh, and a core made of stone all held together by some magical force.

Radiant Oath

Female Halfling Kineticist 3 | AC 20 | HP 42/42| F11 R10 W4 | Perc +4 | Hero 1/3 | Half Luck [ ] | SA +9 DC 19 | Spd 25'

"Aye. Let's get those bandits! Not too great with puzzles though," Glenda says.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

You find Tidbit inside the tavern tucking into a meal, and she happily answers your questions. "The Sand Scorpion bandits attacked my caravan on the road west of Eto. When they tried to rob my main wagon, they were totally shocked when the cart sprouted scimitars and defended itself! But they hit my residential wagon instead. I should have protected it too! I think they mistook the heirloom for a jewelry box and I'm afraid that they'll likely smash it open rather than take time to solve the puzzle."

Tidbit then shows you a map and points out a location near Pillars’ Rise oasis that her sources claim serves as the Sand Scorpions’ camp.

As you depart, you each have 1 hero point. If any of you have glyphs, please go ahead and share them now.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

As you leave the tavern, you are hailed by the barkeep.

"Hold on! Hold on! I have a missive here for DD-99 and Danum Xylo. It appears you didn't complete the paperwork that we require for liability purposes. It's pretty straightforward paperwork. You just need to complete the forms HERE and HERE. Sorry, Tidbit, this will just take a minute."

Verdant Wheel

Female Sensate Gnome Wandering Reverie Psychic of the Tangible Dream | Fortune Teller | HP 16/16, AC 16 (17 w Shield raised), Fortitude* +5, Reflex* +6, Will** +6, Perception* +4 (low-light vision, imprecise scent 30 ft, +2 to locate undetected creature), Stealth* +6 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Repeat a Spell (Detect Magic | Active Conditions Psyche Unleashed | ◆◇↺

I have a glyph for Glenda.

"What's in the stolen puzzle box, if I may ask?" Hazel asks, her voice as dreamy as ever.

Envoy's Alliance

CG M Gnome (wellspring) Kineticist 1 (Dual Gate) |Field Medic | HP 20/20| AC 15 | F +9 R +6 W +6 | Perc +6 | Medicine +6 |◆◆◆◇↺| 25" | Hero 1/3 | Ocean's Balm | Fresh Produce |Timber Sentinel |Battle Medicine

"What?! What?! What?! Where do I sign?" says a rather panicky blue-haired gnome. He's dressed in brown-colored leather armor topped off with similarly-colored jerkin. He's armed with a hand crossbow and a typical crossbow.

He quickly signs the papers and says "Okay! I'm set!"

Radiant Oath

Female Halfling Kineticist 3 | AC 20 | HP 42/42| F11 R10 W4 | Perc +4 | Hero 1/3 | Half Luck [ ] | SA +9 DC 19 | Spd 25'

I have a glyph for Hazel

Envoy's Alliance

NG Halfing Male Rogue (Thief Racket) 1
Stats:
AC 18 | Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +7 | Perception +7 (+2 circumstance vs concealed/hidden) | Low-Light Vision | Speed 25
HP 15/15, Halfling Luck 1/1, Hero Points 1/1

"Anyone heard of these Sand Scorpions before?" inquires Erven, while trying to recall anything he may know about them.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Tidbit grins at Hazel. "Bring it back and I'll show you." Erven asks about the Sand Scorpions but nobody seems to remember anything about them other than what they heard from Tidbit.

With all the documentation squared away, you depart for the place Tidbit said she was ambushed. After two hours of overland travel, you finally arrive at Pillars’ Rise, a small but lush oasis guarded by an ancient sandstone statue of a sphinx.

Suddenly two creatures attack you from above, dive bombing at you.

Init:

Glenda Huckleberry, Search: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Erven Thistledown, : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Hazel Nettle, Detect Magic: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Danum Xylo, Defend: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
DD-99, Scout: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Red Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Blue Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

------------------
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Round: 1
Tactical Map
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Glenda Huckleberry - AC 17, 18/18
Blue
Danum Xylo - AC 15, 20/20
Hazel Nettle - AC 16 (17 w/Shield), 16/16
Red
Erven Thistledown - AC 18, 15/15
DD-99 - AC 16 (19 Mountain Stance), 19/19

Radiant Oath

Female Halfling Kineticist 3 | AC 20 | HP 42/42| F11 R10 W4 | Perc +4 | Hero 1/3 | Half Luck [ ] | SA +9 DC 19 | Spd 25'

"What the.." Glenda says. She moves away from the rest of the party, and gets ready to hit back, drawing the trout from her pouch.

◆ Stride
◆ Take cover [Stealth +3]
◆ Channel elements

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

GM Dice:

Glenda Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Glenda attempts to hide but is not sure if her attempt was successful. A blue creature comes close to the brush Glenda is hiding behind but doesn't move. It's as if it's waiting for something.

Apologies for stalling out. I'm currently traveling for work with a pretty hectic schedule.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
------------------
Those with ** may go

Glenda Huckleberry - AC 17, 18/18
Blue
**Danum Xylo - AC 15, 20/20
**Hazel Nettle - AC 16 (17 w/Shield), 16/16
Red
Erven Thistledown - AC 18, 15/15
DD-99 - AC 16 (19 Mountain Stance), 19/19

Verdant Wheel

Female Sensate Gnome Wandering Reverie Psychic of the Tangible Dream | Fortune Teller | HP 16/16, AC 16 (17 w Shield raised), Fortitude* +5, Reflex* +6, Will** +6, Perception* +4 (low-light vision, imprecise scent 30 ft, +2 to locate undetected creature), Stealth* +6 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Repeat a Spell (Detect Magic | Active Conditions Psyche Unleashed | ◆◇↺

Hazel produces four dazzling lights that are colorful in nature! She then casts Guidance to Danum Xylo.

◆◆ Cast a Spell, Dancing Lights (Amped), DC 17 Fortitude save of Blue or be Dazzled
◇ Razzle Dazzle (triggered if she blinds or dazzles a creature)
◆ Cast a Spell, Guidance to Danum Xylo

◇ Razzle Dazzle:
Trigger You blind or dazzle a creature. You've spent considerable time practicing the manipulation of light, weaponizing your blade's reflection, or bolstering the luminosity of magical displays to unconventional heights. Extend the duration of the blinded or dazzled condition you give the target by 1 round.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

GM Dice:

Frot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Hazel produces flashing lights and drops one in Blue's face. The creature blinks and tries to clear the floaties in its face.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
------------------
Those with ** may go

Glenda Huckleberry - AC 17, 18/18
Blue (Dazzled)
**Danum Xylo - AC 15, 20/20 (Guidance)
Hazel Nettle - AC 16 (17 w/Shield), 16/16
Red
Erven Thistledown - AC 18, 15/15
DD-99 - AC 16 (19 Mountain Stance), 19/19

Envoy's Alliance

CG M Gnome (wellspring) Kineticist 1 (Dual Gate) |Field Medic | HP 20/20| AC 15 | F +9 R +6 W +6 | Perc +6 | Medicine +6 |◆◆◆◇↺| 25" | Hero 1/3 | Ocean's Balm | Fresh Produce |Timber Sentinel |Battle Medicine

Danum moves closer to the bluish opponent. He unleashes his elemental gate and immediately leaves, broken bark, splinters of wood and water droplets whirl about him like a mild cyclone. He causes water to congeal and burst forward at an incredible speed, striking his chosen opponent.

◆ stride
◆ channel elements
◇ elemental blast impulse attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27 with Guidance Bludgeoning: 1d8 ⇒ 8
◆ elemental blast impulse attack MAP: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 5 = 17Bludgeoning: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Danum launches water at Blue and knocks it from the sky. He whacks it for good measure with another blast. It appears to stop moving...

A similar Reddish creature approaches the group and attacks Danum, DD-99, Erven: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Claw Attack vs DD-99 AC 16: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Slash: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1-2
Tactical Map
------------------
Those with ** may go

-2-
**Glenda Huckleberry - AC 17, 18/18
Blue (-21; Dazzled)
Danum Xylo - AC 15, 20/20
Hazel Nettle - AC 16 (17 w/Shield), 16/16
Red

-1-
**Erven Thistledown - AC 18, 15/15
**DD-99 - AC 16 (19 Mountain Stance), 17/19

Vigilant Seal

NG android monk 1 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 19/19 | AC 16 (19) | F +6 R +6 W +6 | Perc +4 | Spd 25ft. |

DD begins to defend himself and start punching at the creature in front of him.

◆ Mountain Stance
◆ Flurry of Blows
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 5 = 8
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
◆ Strike
Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 10 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 10 = 3
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Radiant Oath

Female Halfling Kineticist 3 | AC 20 | HP 42/42| F11 R10 W4 | Perc +4 | Hero 1/3 | Half Luck [ ] | SA +9 DC 19 | Spd 25'

"Well let's see what you're made of.." she takes out the fish and hurls it at red, where it boomerangs and tries to hit it again.

◆ ◆ Elemental Blast Blast: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Cold dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
◆ Elemental Blast Blast: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Cold dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Envoy's Alliance

NG Halfing Male Rogue (Thief Racket) 1
Stats:
AC 18 | Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +7 | Perception +7 (+2 circumstance vs concealed/hidden) | Low-Light Vision | Speed 25
HP 15/15, Halfling Luck 1/1, Hero Points 1/1

With a nod of his nead at DD, Erven moves around the creature (Red) to get opposite DD. Draws his rapier and attacks.

◆Stride
◆Interact
◆Strike Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 +Precision: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Erven flanks Red but his attack fails to connect. Glenda and DD-99 both manage to knock the red flyer from the sky. It flops on the ground and does not appear to move.

GM Dice:

Glenda Huckleberry's Nature (T): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Erven Thistledown's Nature (U): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Danum Xylo's Nature (T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
DD-99's Arcana (T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Blue does not move but you notice its wounds have started to close...

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2
Tactical Map
------------------
Those with ** may go

Glenda Huckleberry - AC 17, 18/18
Blue (-19)
**Danum Xylo - AC 15, 20/20
**Hazel Nettle - AC 16 (17 w/Shield), 16/16
Red (-17)
Erven Thistledown - AC 18, 15/15
DD-99 - AC 16 (19 Mountain Stance), 17/19

Envoy's Alliance

CG M Gnome (wellspring) Kineticist 1 (Dual Gate) |Field Medic | HP 20/20| AC 15 | F +9 R +6 W +6 | Perc +6 | Medicine +6 |◆◆◆◇↺| 25" | Hero 1/3 | Ocean's Balm | Fresh Produce |Timber Sentinel |Battle Medicine

Danum causes a Timber Sentinel to come from the Plane of Wood, and plants the tree directly in front of him (1 square north). Then he blasts the red flyer with high-velocity noncompressible particles of water.

◆◆ Timber Sentinel
Impulse Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Bludgeoning Water: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Verdant Wheel

Female Sensate Gnome Wandering Reverie Psychic of the Tangible Dream | Fortune Teller | HP 16/16, AC 16 (17 w Shield raised), Fortitude* +5, Reflex* +6, Will** +6, Perception* +4 (low-light vision, imprecise scent 30 ft, +2 to locate undetected creature), Stealth* +6 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Repeat a Spell (Detect Magic | Active Conditions Psyche Unleashed | ◆◇↺

Hazel floods her mind with dreams! Psyche remains Unleashed for 2 rounds or until she falls Unconcious, whichever comes first. She then sustains her spell to continue Dazzle Blue. Since Blue Fails vs Dancing Lights (Amped), the creature is dazzled until the start of your next turn and must attempt a new save against the spell whenever it starts its turn adjacent to the lights, in addition to extend the duration by 1 round from Razzle Dazzle.

She then projects a bolt of magic from her dreams against Red!
Phase Bolt Attack w Psyche Unleashed vs Red: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Hero Point! Phase Bolt Attack w Psyche Unleashed vs Red: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Spell Damage w Psyche Unleashed: 1d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9 piercing damage

◇ Unleash Psyche
◆ Sustain a Spell, Dancing Lights (Amped)
◆◆ Cast a Spell, Phase Bolt

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Both Hazel and Danum unleash magical attacks on Red but neither hit.

Red's wounds close and it rolls over. It immediately spits a cloud of dust over DD-99 and Hazel.

Slashing, DC 17 Reflex: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8

GM Dice:

Breath Cooldown: 1d4 ⇒ 1

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2-3
Tactical Map
Before your Turn:
DC 17 Reflex vs 8 Slashing: DD-99, Hazel
------------------
Those with ** may go

-3-
**Glenda Huckleberry - AC 17, 18/18
Blue (-19)
**Danum Xylo - AC 15, 20/20
Hazel Nettle - AC 16 (17 w/Shield), 16/16
Red (-15)

-2-
**Erven Thistledown - AC 18, 15/15
**DD-99 - AC 16 (19 Mountain Stance), 17/19

Envoy's Alliance

NG Halfing Male Rogue (Thief Racket) 1
Stats:
AC 18 | Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +7 | Perception +7 (+2 circumstance vs concealed/hidden) | Low-Light Vision | Speed 25
HP 15/15, Halfling Luck 1/1, Hero Points 1/1

With DD still opposite him Evren attempts to strike red twice, and attempts to break into a small jig to capture red's attention.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24, Piercing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 + Precision: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Attack MAP: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10, Piercing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 + Precision: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Fascinating Performance: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 Vs. Will DC, on crit success fascinated for a round

Envoy's Alliance

CG M Gnome (wellspring) Kineticist 1 (Dual Gate) |Field Medic | HP 20/20| AC 15 | F +9 R +6 W +6 | Perc +6 | Medicine +6 |◆◆◆◇↺| 25" | Hero 1/3 | Ocean's Balm | Fresh Produce |Timber Sentinel |Battle Medicine

Danum concentrates harder, causing a larger than normal accumulation of water particles to gather in front of him. He fires this at an incredible velocity versus red. He then fires a second smaller water blast, also at red.

◆◆Impulse Blast: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Water B: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Impulse Blast: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 5 = 20 Water B: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Radiant Oath

Female Halfling Kineticist 3 | AC 20 | HP 42/42| F11 R10 W4 | Perc +4 | Hero 1/3 | Half Luck [ ] | SA +9 DC 19 | Spd 25'

Glenda steps over and hurls Fishy at the creature.

"How do we make sure those things stay dead?" she says.

◆ Stride
◆◆ Elemental blast on red Blast: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Cold Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Vigilant Seal

NG android monk 1 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 19/19 | AC 16 (19) | F +6 R +6 W +6 | Perc +4 | Spd 25ft. |

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Reflex (Hero Point): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Barely function through all the grit in his circuits, DD tries to get a hold of the creature in front of him.

◆ Grapple
Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
◆ Flurry
Strike: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 5 = 16Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Strike: 1d20 + 7 - 10 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 10 = 8Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
◆ Strike
Strike: 1d20 + 7 - 10 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 10 = -1Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Danum and Glenda hit Red with their elemental attacks. Erevan manages to poke some holes in it. DD-99 manages to grab Red and pound it into the ground. Red drops to the sand and still appears to be healing.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 3-4
Tactical Map
Before your Turn:
DC 17 Reflex vs 8 Slashing: Hazel
RK: Nature/Arcana (Roll it openly)
------------------
Those with ** may go

-4-
**Glenda Huckleberry - AC 17, 18/18
Blue (-17; Regenerating)
**Danum Xylo - AC 15, 20/20
**Hazel Nettle - AC 16 (17 w/Shield), 16/16
Red (-41; Regenerating)

-3-
**Erven Thistledown - AC 18, 15/15
**DD-99 - AC 16 (19 Mountain Stance), 1/19

Radiant Oath

Female Halfling Kineticist 3 | AC 20 | HP 42/42| F11 R10 W4 | Perc +4 | Hero 1/3 | Half Luck [ ] | SA +9 DC 19 | Spd 25'

Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

"What's going on here?" Glenda asks the fish about the creature.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates
Glenda Tickleberry wrote:

[dice=Nature]1d20+4

"What's going on here?" Glenda asks the fish about the creature.

Care to hero point that?

Radiant Oath

Female Halfling Kineticist 3 | AC 20 | HP 42/42| F11 R10 W4 | Perc +4 | Hero 1/3 | Half Luck [ ] | SA +9 DC 19 | Spd 25'

Hero point: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Glenda:

You recognize these creatures as Dust Mephits. They regain health as long as they're on either dirt or sand...

Envoy's Alliance

CG M Gnome (wellspring) Kineticist 1 (Dual Gate) |Field Medic | HP 20/20| AC 15 | F +9 R +6 W +6 | Perc +6 | Medicine +6 |◆◆◆◇↺| 25" | Hero 1/3 | Ocean's Balm | Fresh Produce |Timber Sentinel |Battle Medicine

"Damn. We've to stop it from regenerating. How?"

Vigilant Seal

NG android monk 1 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 19/19 | AC 16 (19) | F +6 R +6 W +6 | Perc +4 | Spd 25ft. |

DD-99 picks up the one that he was grabbing so that it is not touching the ground.

Verdant Wheel

Female Sensate Gnome Wandering Reverie Psychic of the Tangible Dream | Fortune Teller | HP 16/16, AC 16 (17 w Shield raised), Fortitude* +5, Reflex* +6, Will** +6, Perception* +4 (low-light vision, imprecise scent 30 ft, +2 to locate undetected creature), Stealth* +6 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Repeat a Spell (Detect Magic | Active Conditions Psyche Unleashed | ◆◇↺

She lets go of the lights and projects another bolt of magic from her dreams against Red!
Phase Bolt Attack w Psyche Unleashed vs Red: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Spell Damage w Psyche Unleashed: 1d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10 piercing damage

She then fades into the swirls of her daydreams.

◆◆ Cast a Spell, Phase Bolt
◆ Fade into Daydreams (Concealed for 1 round)

Radiant Oath

Female Halfling Kineticist 3 | AC 20 | HP 42/42| F11 R10 W4 | Perc +4 | Hero 1/3 | Half Luck [ ] | SA +9 DC 19 | Spd 25'

"Fishy says not to let them touch the sand!"

With the rest of her actions, Glenda strides pass the rocks and throws a fish at the blue one.

◆ Stride
◆ Blast at Blue Blast: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27Dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Radiant Oath

Female Halfling Kineticist 3 | AC 20 | HP 42/42| F11 R10 W4 | Perc +4 | Hero 1/3 | Half Luck [ ] | SA +9 DC 19 | Spd 25'

Didn't have enough movement to run over and pick up blue. Can anyone do that?

Envoy's Alliance

NG Halfing Male Rogue (Thief Racket) 1
Stats:
AC 18 | Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +7 | Perception +7 (+2 circumstance vs concealed/hidden) | Low-Light Vision | Speed 25
HP 15/15, Halfling Luck 1/1, Hero Points 1/1

At the call out from Glenda and seeing DD handling the closest one, Erven will move over to Blue and pick it up.

◆ Stride
◆ Pick Up Blue

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

DD-99 picks up Red. Once contact with the ground has been broken, the creature stops healing and dies immediately from its wounds. Erven heads over to pick up Blue. He tosses Blue into the air and immediately both Hazel and Glenda blast it to smithereens.

COMBAT OVER

You explore the surrounding area and eventually reach a ruined bandit camp, where you find scattered equipment, abandoned tents, and a sphinx lounging over a half-eaten camel. The sphinx’s tail twitches as you approach, but he doesn’t move to attack.

As you approach, he addresses you.

"Are you here to attack me, too?" the sphinx asks sulkily. He extends his claws and plays idly with an intricately carved puzzle box. "I once dreamed of studying at the Magaambya to learn of your magic and history, but now I am close to abandoning my dreams and returning home to my mountain. Whenever I try to gift humanoids a riddle, they attack me like beasts!" From his lounging position, he narrows his eyes suspiciously at his visitors. "But are you any different?"

Envoy's Alliance

NG Halfing Male Rogue (Thief Racket) 1
Stats:
AC 18 | Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +7 | Perception +7 (+2 circumstance vs concealed/hidden) | Low-Light Vision | Speed 25
HP 15/15, Halfling Luck 1/1, Hero Points 1/1

"To be fair, they did attack us first and I for one am more than happy to not fight. A riddle sounds way more interesting, and I'm all for interesting." states Erven while playing with his beard in consideration. "Actually we're out here looking for some stolen goods, maybe you could point us in the right direction"

Huge fan of Magaambya, so that's actually kinda awesome

Envoy's Alliance

CG M Gnome (wellspring) Kineticist 1 (Dual Gate) |Field Medic | HP 20/20| AC 15 | F +9 R +6 W +6 | Perc +6 | Medicine +6 |◆◆◆◇↺| 25" | Hero 1/3 | Ocean's Balm | Fresh Produce |Timber Sentinel |Battle Medicine

"Hello Mister Sphynx! There's no attacks forthcoming. As Erven has said, we're out here searching for some stolen goods. The gnome who owns it has asked us to help find his things. Now about Riddles. Can you tell me why you said they are gifts?"

Radiant Oath

Female Halfling Kineticist 3 | AC 20 | HP 42/42| F11 R10 W4 | Perc +4 | Hero 1/3 | Half Luck [ ] | SA +9 DC 19 | Spd 25'

"Cor! You're b-bloody amazing! Who could dare attack a creature as mighty and wonderful as you are??"

Vigilant Seal

NG android monk 1 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 19/19 | AC 16 (19) | F +6 R +6 W +6 | Perc +4 | Spd 25ft. |

[b]"I am a protector. I defend. I attack when attacked."**

Radiant Oath

Female Halfling Kineticist 3 | AC 20 | HP 42/42| F11 R10 W4 | Perc +4 | Hero 1/3 | Half Luck [ ] | SA +9 DC 19 | Spd 25'

"You look hurt, monk. Here; have some fresh produce." Glenda says. She produces a granny smith apple in the android's hand.

"A bit sour but it's good for you! Eat up!"

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

The sphinx's eyes suddenly widen, then he smiles with delight! "Wonderful! I am Zandyk and I challenge you to solve my riddle!"

DC 12 Nature/Occultism:
You recall that sphinxes view riddles as a sacred contract between the riddler and recipient, and that fighting a powerful being like Zandyk would be disastrous for them.

Zandyk begins reciting his riddle, then stops abruptly. "You know what, maybe you should impress me first! Why are you different from the other humans in this place?! For instance, I'd like to have an intelligent conversation out of this heat and with a decent meal. I'm tired of eating raw camel!"

Surprise! It's skill check time. I know you are all shocked and amazed that there is a whole section specifically on skill checks and/or socialization. The listed skills are the obvious ones for each location, but creative solutions may be rewarded!

PCs can attempt various DC 15 skill checks to impress Zandyk:
Examples include:
Diplomacy to Make an Impression
Lore to conduct a civil conversation
Deception/Performance to use tricky language and wordplay
Cooking Lore/Survival to prepare an appetizing meal with what remains of the camel
Athletics/Crafting/Survival to create pleasant shade for Zandyk by using the bandits’ abandoned tents to erect a pavilion.
Be creative. Any skill is ok if you can make it fit (I'm an easy sell)

Radiant Oath

Female Halfling Kineticist 3 | AC 20 | HP 42/42| F11 R10 W4 | Perc +4 | Hero 1/3 | Half Luck [ ] | SA +9 DC 19 | Spd 25'

”Ler’s see if I can make something out of that camel…” Glenda says. She produces some garlic and takes out her cooking tools…

cooking lore: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

1 to 50 of 66 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GDXII] PF2e B04 - Cat's Cradle (P1) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.