GM GuardYourPrivates' Shards of Golarion

Game Master SqueezeMeNow


201 to 250 of 474 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Jaxom's bolt finds the goblin crossbowman in the shoulder and is enough to stagger him, but the little blighter is far from dead. Alden's crossbow bolt plants itself into the dirt a few feet in front of it. Not coming close to the goblin or the others around it. Kras'tak waited for now, and would see many potential targets as the goblin horde charged in!

The four normal sized goblins led the way, wildly running at the hill without regard for safety. The goblin with the knife seemed content to take his time navigating the hill, and with coming in behind the others. The three unarmed goblins split up. One ducking down behind the crossbow goblin, and the other two following the club wielders at either flank.

Goblin Clubber Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Goblin Clubber Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Goblin Clubber Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Goblin Clubber Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Goblin Stabber Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Goblin Wretch Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Goblin Wretch Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Kras'tak RoF: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Goblin Clubber Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

One of the goblins with clubs manages to move forward to threaten Jaxom, though as he draws close Kras'tak works a cantrip and extends a claw to send a ray of frost cracking throught the air. The goblin caught under the chin and rocking backward before catching himself. Face tightened into an angry grimace as blood drooled out around a frozen section of flesh under it's chin. The other nearest goblin nearly makes it as well, before his feet slip from under him and he slips and ends up falling back down the hill and landing prone. The other two arms goblins come up the hill as well, outside of melee with Jaxom but coming in from either side of the party's flanks. The dagger wielding goblin has made it halfway up the hill behind the goblin threatening Jaxom. On of the unarmed followers came in directly behind the threatening goblin, with the other also slipping and falling down the hill and landing prone.

I didn't cover this before, but per the uneven ground mechanics of the climb, all the goblins climbing the hill are flat footed, and must make an acrobatics check not to fall when taking damage. Those that have climbed up the hill do not have the party firing at them with a +1 to ranged.

The two freakishly large goblins moved forward, coming shoulder to shoulder and forming a wall for their leader to advance behind. Their smaller arms and shoulders pressed together while their dominant arms bore their clubs to either side. Together, they moved to the base of the hill, and the red garbed goblin leader approached right behind them. Drawing out a vial and giving it a shake. Sulfurous smoke leaking out around the flawed stopper.

Mechanically, both of them are flat footed, but together they are providing cover (not soft cover) for their leader directly behind them.

Health Tracking:

- Goblin Clubber threatening Jaxom -4
- Goblin Crossbow -3


Male Human Brawler 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 17 T:14, FF:13 | Init: +9 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | CMB +4; CMD 18 | BAB: +2, DEX: +4 | Acrobatics+9, Bluff+4, Climb+6, Escape+9, Perception+7, Ride+8, Sense Motive+7, Stealth+9, Swim+6, Craft(Weapon)+10, Handle Animal+3 |

Seeing the goblin struggling forward to try to strike him Jaxom drops his bow and reaches out to punch him....

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Flat-footed? Great!
Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 2 = 5 Hmm.... Not quite minimum damage.


Male Human Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 l AC 19 T 12 FF 17 l CMD 17 I HP 22/22 l F +10 R +6 W +8 l Init +2 l Perc +1

Alden nocks and looses another arrow at one of the lead goblins.

Shortbow, Ranged: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Missing again, he drops the bow and draws his sword.


M Halfling Witch 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 14 | F2 R3 W5 | Init +8 | Per +4

Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Rabbit hastily tries to lose one of the bolts from his crossbow at the approaching goblins, but his unease with the weapon makes his shot go wide. He fumbles another bolt into the device with shaking hands.


Male Dwarf Forgepriest 1 | HP: 11/11 | Perception +3 (darkvision 60), Sense Motive +9 | Speed 20 ft | AC 21 Touch 10 Flat 21 [+4 vs giants] | CMD 14 | Fort +4, Reflex +0, Will +5 [+5 vs poison, spells, & SLAs] | Init +0 | Active: Shield

Siegfried knew what a good dwarven troop of bowmen could do. Numerous were the tales of dwarven phalanxes covered with shields and loosing missile after missile against their enemies.

This was no phalanx. Of them, only Alden carried a shield. And few had any ranged training to speak of.

Yet Siegfried was confident in his armor. He was eminently capable of withstanding the weaponry of these fools who sought to throw their lives away. "Torag, guide me," he whispers under his breath, moving forward to the edge of the hill and raising his enormous hammer high in the air. "Come, then, if you are so eager to die!" he cries out in the goblinoid tongue.

Dwarven runes of protection glowing red and orange spark into existence around Siegfried's frame as a magical shield begins slowly rotating around him. Let them come.

Siegfried will move to the beginning of the decline and cast Shield from his Smith's Spells class feature. He has 10 ft reach, 21 AC, and will take an AoO against anyone who provokes from him.

Attack of Opportunity:
Longhammer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Bludgeoning Dmg: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 6 = 10


Female Kobold Sorcerer |HP7| AC15 | F1 R3 W1|Init +3|Perc-1(-1 in light)

A wide grin lights up the minidrake’s maw as she lands a frosty bolt and almost immediately another is swirling around her clawed hand. Point and fire at the same goblin!

RoF: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 dmg: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Rabbit fires at the approaching goblins, but the bolt goes high and ends up landing in the spring below with a "bloop" as it plunks into the water. Siegfried steps up, eager to start knocking goblin heads.

Jaxom quickly slams a fist in under the chin of the goblin Kras'tak previously wounded. The frozen chin cracking open and thick gouts of blood spilling as a fissure tore in it's neck. The panicking goblin dropped it's club to cup under it's jawline.

Alden's bowshot missed one of the goblins moving up on the flanks, but as the lead goblin panicked Kras'tak caught it in the eye with another frost bolt. The eye socket freezing and it's cheek and forehead going a deep red with blood pooling behind the skull. It's misery ended, it fell backward and rolled limply down the hill.

One down. Their turn.

The goblin leader instructs the bruisers to wait at the base of the hill, not wanting to give up her protection, then heaves the leaking vial up toward Jaxom!

Bomb! (Range Penalty, Cover): 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (15) - 3 = 121d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Jaxom Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Alden Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Rabbit Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Rabbit I didn't see an alternate racial trait on your CS so you should have halfling luck bumping your saves by a point. Correct me if I am wrong here.

The goblin leader doesn't connect directly with Jaxom, but the flames that erupt from the vial still wash across three members of the party. Jaxom and Rabbit are quick to react and only get scorched, but Alden is caught full on by the splash.

2 damage to Jaxom and Rabbit, and 5 to Alden. I am rounding DOWN on damage.

The two bruisers stay in place to guard their leader from ranged fire.
The two goblins on the flanks move in on the party next. The one approaching on the left has to worry about it's footing, but then worries about nothing as Siegfried's hammer comes in atop it's skull. The it's forehead getting a warhammer sized dent put in it that compacts much of the top of it's head into it's face and jaw.

Goblin Clubber Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

The remaining clubber moves in beside Alden, taking a swing at the paladin.

Whack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The blow actually lands on him, but his armor and the underlying padding absorb the strike without damage. Though Alden definately feels it connect. The wretches try and move in as well. Going for the discarded clubs as they do.

Goblin Wretch Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Goblin Wretch Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

The two wretches move into place in front of Jaxom and Siegfried, clubs in hand, having been upgraded to goblin clubbers. The nasty gleam in their eyes showing how much they relished the thought of killing the party.

Meanwhile, the other wretch down by the goblin with the crossbow cheered it on as it took a shot at the dwarf.

Crossbow : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 161d6 ⇒ 5

The bolt only skipped off the shield of force protecting the warpriest.

Rabbit and Siefried are up again, then the rest of the party again, and then the goblins again. I didn't calculate the crossbow goblin firing into cover correctly, but it missed so that's fine for this round.

Goblin Crossbow -3
Goblin Clubber (Dead)
Goblin Clubber (Dead)

Jaxom -2
Rabbit -2
Alden -5


Male Human Brawler 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 17 T:14, FF:13 | Init: +9 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | CMB +4; CMD 18 | BAB: +2, DEX: +4 | Acrobatics+9, Bluff+4, Climb+6, Escape+9, Perception+7, Ride+8, Sense Motive+7, Stealth+9, Swim+6, Craft(Weapon)+10, Handle Animal+3 |

Jaxom gives a wicked smile as another goblin comes to him. His fist does more than the creature's pathetic club! He speaks to the enemy in Goblin, "Soon there won't be any more goblins on this pitiful rock. Not just no more females, no more goblins at all! Maybe you should drop the weapon and run away. You might have a chance since we will still have to kill your chief!"

To hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Since it just moved up to me, over rough terrain, is it flat footed?
Standard damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Sneak damage if it is flat-footed: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Anyone on the slope of the hill needs to make acrobatics checks and are flat footed. So any goblin directly in front of Jaxom or Siegfried.
Alden did not move up and is being attacked from the side.


Male Human Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 l AC 19 T 12 FF 17 l CMD 17 I HP 22/22 l F +10 R +6 W +8 l Init +2 l Perc +1

Alden grits his teeth against the pain of his burns, and swings his sword at the attacking goblin.

Attack, longsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Female Kobold Sorcerer |HP7| AC15 | F1 R3 W1|Init +3|Perc-1(-1 in light)

Grin continues as she points her hand at the next closest goblin, a ray of frost firing towards it as well.

RoF: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 DMG: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


The wretch in front of Jaxom is obviously afraid at the man's words, but it's gaze remains hard. Seemingly resolute to the fate of the goblin tribe. Win or lose. It presses in toward his chest, trying to get inside his effective striking range, only to have Jaxom bring both his fists down in a double strike to the back of it's neck. A sickening crack and pop felt through his hands before the wretch slumped to the dirt.

Alden's sword comes down at the smaller goblin in front of him as well, the blade hacking more than slashing as it cut through the little fiend's collar. Bone snapping and a spray of blood spattering across his breastplate. The goblin was barely standing, taking everything it had just to snarl at him and raise it's club with it's other arm.

To then also slump before him as Kras'tak hit a ray of frost under the exposed armpit. It's chest blackening with pooling blood as it penetrated through.

The last clubber and one of the promoted wretches are down!

With most of the initial wave of goblins defeated their leader slaps the larger goblins. "Hold fast my champions!" she croaks, "We will survive!" Then she draws out another smoking vial and tosses it up the hill. Again aiming at Jaxom and those clustered near him.

Those not threatened in melee on their turn might want to spread out so they aren't taking splash damage.

Bomb Range, : 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (19) - 3 = 161d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Reflex (Jaxom): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Reflex (Alden): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Reflex (Rabbit): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

As the vial comes in and shatters at Jaxom's feet Alden reacts with impressive speed. Bending low to check Jaxom partly to the side,
he smashes his shield down atop the coming burst of the bomb and smothers most of the explosion. Only Jaxom, right in it's space, suffered any damage.

On that natural twenty I will say Rabbit and Alden take NO damage. Jaxom, who failed his save, will take half.

The crossbow wielding goblin swats at the wretch cheering it on, seemingly preferring it tries to fight rather than cheer it. It takes aim at what looks to be the easiest target. The exposed and lightly armored Jaxom.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d6 ⇒ 3
Critical Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Jaxom is standing exultant over the latest goblin to threaten him when a bolt streaked into the middle of his chest. The man only having a moment to bring a hand to the nub that sat exposed just under his sternum. He then collapsed to the ground.

The remaining wretch, the only goblin left on the slope on the hill, thought better of Siegfried's armor and took a defensive stance. Simply trying to hold the dwarf up at this point.

Total defense action.

Jaxom is at -2 HP and down.

Goblin crossbow (-3)
Goblin Clubber (Dead)
Goblin Clubber (Dead)
Goblin Clubber (Dead)
Goblin Stabber (Dead)
Goblin Wretch (Dead)

Alden (-2)
Rabbit (-4) Adjusted for failing the last reflex save.

The only goblin on the slope left is the wretch wielding a club against Siegfried. The two goblin bruisers remain shoulder to shoulder in front of their leader. They are flat footed at the cost of offering their leader cover. So with the height advantage there will be a -3 to shooting at her this round.


Male Human Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 l AC 19 T 12 FF 17 l CMD 17 I HP 22/22 l F +10 R +6 W +8 l Init +2 l Perc +1

No longer facing an immediate threat, Alden moves over to Jaxom, drops to one knee, and places a hand on his chest.

"Erastil, preserve this brave warrior's soul."

(Using Sacred Touch trait ability to stabilize Jaxom.)


Male Human Brawler 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 17 T:14, FF:13 | Init: +9 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | CMB +4; CMD 18 | BAB: +2, DEX: +4 | Acrobatics+9, Bluff+4, Climb+6, Escape+9, Perception+7, Ride+8, Sense Motive+7, Stealth+9, Swim+6, Craft(Weapon)+10, Handle Animal+3 |

We don't confirm crits?


M Halfling Witch 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 14 | F2 R3 W5 | Init +8 | Per +4

Assuming Jaxom in indeed down (re: his previous post) then Rabbit will do the following:

"Ohno," Rabbit gasps as one of their number falls-- not Mr. Jaxom! Rabbit nearly drops his bow, the desire to run away from the very real danger in front of him almost getting the better of him.

But Mr. Jaxom's been good to him. They all have...

Shifting the crossbow to his offhand, Rabbit squeezes his eyes shut. "Please, please..."

His hands move in a sudden twist, almost convulsive, and he mumbles something beneath his breath; a faint white hovers around his fingers, and he rushes forward to Jaxom avoiding goblin arrows as best he can.

CLW on Jaxom: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 FFS. *eyeroll*

Apparently the glow is REALLY faint.


Jaxom Buhr wrote:
We don't confirm crits?

Critical threats are confirmed, but not natural twenties. That goes both ways. Thankfully, Alden gave me the chance to be consistent.

SRD wrote:
Healing that raises the dying character’s hit points to 0 makes him conscious and disabled. Healing that raises his hit points to 1 or more makes him fully functional again, just as if he’d never been reduced to 0 or lower. A spellcaster retains the spellcasting capability she had before dropping below 0 hit points.

So Rabbits healing should bring Jaxom to consciousness and disabled. Allowing him some autonomy at the start of the next round. Alden will have no need to make him stable.


Male Human Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 l AC 19 T 12 FF 17 l CMD 17 I HP 22/22 l F +10 R +6 W +8 l Init +2 l Perc +1

(Retconn'd action, since Rabbit had already healed Jaxom.)

Seeing Rabbit move to tend to Jaxom, and Siegfried squaring off against the last remaining goblin on the hill, Alden opts to move down hill in direction of the leader and his guards.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 4 = 16

(Double Move to close distance to the remaining goblins.)


Female Kobold Sorcerer |HP7| AC15 | F1 R3 W1|Init +3|Perc-1(-1 in light)

A snarl rips through her as she scrambles after Alden, hands quickly moving through the air as she seems to pull a cloak of frost around herself. (mage armor +4 AC for 1 hour)

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Male Dwarf Forgepriest 1 | HP: 11/11 | Perception +3 (darkvision 60), Sense Motive +9 | Speed 20 ft | AC 21 Touch 10 Flat 21 [+4 vs giants] | CMD 14 | Fort +4, Reflex +0, Will +5 [+5 vs poison, spells, & SLAs] | Init +0 | Active: Shield

Last Round

Dwarven Longhammer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 +1 for higher ground
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 6) + 6 = 15

This Round

Dwarven Longhammer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 +1 for higher ground
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 6 = 10

Siegfried does not relish the death, but he is committed to delivering to the graves all those who wish him and his kith harm. Let them fall.


Siegfried again bashes in a goblin skull. The last goblin with a small club tumbling down the slope in a dead heap as well.

As combat comes back around Alden makes his way down the hill. Skirting around to the side of the two oversized goblin brutes as he does. Kras'tak skitters down after him, casting a spell and making sure not to stand too close to Alden. Letting the paladin interpose himself between her and the brutes.

The goblin leader withdraws, carefully using the brute Alden is threatening as a shield to back away. "Yes, earn your place in our new world." they croak out to the two remaining melee goblins.

The two bruisers change their tactics. Gathering in front of Alden, no longer shoulder to shoulder, and both try and club the paladin with their normal sized weapons. Despite their strength, their lopsided arms left them swinging with one hand.

Goblin Bruiser: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Goblin Bruiser: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Since they are on even ground and not using their bodies as shields for their leader, the bruisers no longer are flat footed.

Jaxom returns to consciousness on the level ground atop the hill and is disabled. His turn is now right before the crossbow goblin. Insert action here.

The goblin with the crossbow makes a face at Kras'tak and fires a bolt her way. "Scaly runt!" it calls. The remaining wretch cheers it on, only to get knocked upside the head with the butt of the crossbow.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d6 ⇒ 3

That concludes the goblins initiative putting us back to Jaxom, Rabbit, Siegfried, Alden, and Kras'tak. (In order.)

Goblin crossbow (-3)
Goblin Clubber (Dead)
Goblin Clubber (Dead)
Goblin Clubber (Dead)
Goblin Stabber (Dead)
Goblin Wretch (Dead)
Goblin Wretch (Dead)

Jaxom (0 HP)
Alden (-2)
Rabbit (-4) Adjusted for failing the last reflex save.


Male Human Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 l AC 19 T 12 FF 17 l CMD 17 I HP 22/22 l F +10 R +6 W +8 l Init +2 l Perc +1

Facing two goblins, Alden opts to strike at the one closer to his right.

Attack with longsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human Brawler 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 17 T:14, FF:13 | Init: +9 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | CMB +4; CMD 18 | BAB: +2, DEX: +4 | Acrobatics+9, Bluff+4, Climb+6, Escape+9, Perception+7, Ride+8, Sense Motive+7, Stealth+9, Swim+6, Craft(Weapon)+10, Handle Animal+3 |

Jaxom wakes feeling worse than any hangover he has ever felt. Those stupid goblins! Too weak to join the combat he retrieves his crossbow and works to load a bolt in it.

Move action to load his crossbow?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Halfling Witch 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 14 | F2 R3 W5 | Init +8 | Per +4

The fire hurts but Rabbit supposes he's riding adrenaline or something similar-- the pain seems distant, and he's more focused on Jaxom. He is chagrined when all the healing he can bring to bear barely wakes the other man up-- not very impressive.

"Mister Jaxom! I have a potion!" he babbles hurriedly, and reaches into his pouches and pockets to retrieve it.

Move to draw potion of CLW, but I think it takes a full round action to administer it to someone else? So I'll use my standard to give Fortune to Alden

Looking up worriedly from Jaxom to the rest of the fight, he sees Alden is engaged close with the goblins. Rabbit squints hard that direction and mumbles something under his breath; Alden feels... luckier?

Fortune hex- reroll 1 d20 of your choice, Alden, lasts for 1 round


Jaxom loads a bolt just before the crossbow wielding goblin's shot. Rabbit pulls out a potion and aids Alden from up the hill with a bit of luck. Next was Siegfried, the heavily armored dwarf now looking to make his way carefully down the hill. He took a few cautious steps down the steep and uneven slope.

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 7 ⇒ (17) - 7 = 10

The dwarf manages to pick his way down the slope like a mountain goat. Even when his feet skid they remain flat enough on the ground he does not slip. Eventually flanking the big brute of a goblin Alden was facing directly.

Alden manages to bring his blade in a downward slash at the hulking goblin, and the fiend actually leans into the strike with his smaller arm. The blade bites deep into the bicep, and though that arm hangs limp the goblin's massive club arm remains.

Siefried double moving at half speed.

Goblin Brute (-5)
Goblin crossbow (-3)
Goblin Clubber (Dead)
Goblin Clubber (Dead)
Goblin Clubber (Dead)
Goblin Stabber (Dead)
Goblin Wretch (Dead)
Goblin Wretch (Dead)

Jaxom (0 HP)
Alden (-2)
Rabbit (-4)

Just waiting on Kras'tak now.


Female Kobold Sorcerer |HP7| AC15 | F1 R3 W1|Init +3|Perc-1(-1 in light)

Swinging her arm to block the arrow, Kras'tak hissed at the goblin, pointing her finger once more to fire her bolt of ice.

RoF: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 dmg: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 l AC 19 T 12 FF 17 l CMD 17 I HP 22/22 l F +10 R +6 W +8 l Init +2 l Perc +1

Alden presses the attack on the goblin he just wounded, trying to finish it for good.

Attack with longsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Luck Hex Re-roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


The critical success are flying. Let's see what Kras'tak gets for additional damage on that RoF.

Ouchy Ray: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The kobold's snapshot of ice flies straight ahead as if on a level. The goblin with the crossbow flinches as if to react, but the strike comes too quickly. Ice covering it's face in a flash frost and a jagged lump of it forming out the back of it's skull. A dribble of blood leaking down the back of it's neck a moment before it simply feel back in death.

The leader of the goblin was briefly startled as it's remaining front guard was wounded, and it's rear guard killed. "You damn humans!" it shrieked as it pulled forth one last vial. This one was smoking more than the others.

Hmmmmm...: 1d100 ⇒ 94

As their leader reared back to throw the concoction inside violently bubbled, making the vial shake in it's hand. There was a moment of surprise on the red garbed leader's face before it's own weapon exploded in it's hand.

Oopsie!: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

As the flash subsided the goblin leader was riddled with ragged streaks were glass shrapnel had raked through them, and their hand was a bloody mess. Seeing this, the two brutes howled in outrage and attacked Alden in concert.

Club: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Club: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

One brute swung wide, but as it did the other came in with a downward blow that the pivoting paladin could not dodge. The sound of wood crunching into metal as the club smashed into Alden's armor and drove the force home past it.

The dead crossbow goblin still held it's crossbow, but the remaining wretch who had cheered it on grappled with it to try and retrieve the weapon. It managed to retrieve the weapon, and goes to fire in return at the kobold. Giving Kras'tak a nasty glare it pulled the trigger... only for no bolt to fire. It had not been reloaded!

Goblin Leader (-5)
Goblin Brute (-5)
Goblin crossbow (-3)
Goblin Clubber (Dead)
Goblin Clubber (Dead)
Goblin Clubber (Dead)
Goblin Stabber (Dead)
Goblin Crossbow (Dead)
Goblin Wretch (Dead)
Goblin Wretch (Dead)

Jaxom (0 HP)
Alden (-9)
Rabbit (-4)

The party is back up! You only have the remaining brutes (one hurt), a crossbow wielding wretch, and the wounded leader. I already have Alden when his turn rolls around, and am NPC'ing Siegfried for now.


Male Human Brawler 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 17 T:14, FF:13 | Init: +9 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | CMB +4; CMD 18 | BAB: +2, DEX: +4 | Acrobatics+9, Bluff+4, Climb+6, Escape+9, Perception+7, Ride+8, Sense Motive+7, Stealth+9, Swim+6, Craft(Weapon)+10, Handle Animal+3 |

Jaxom watches the melee, wanting to get up and charge in.... but feeling too sick and feeble to do much. He holds his crossbow but feels too weak to lift, and aim, and fire it.

Thinking for a moment he lifts the crossbow and yells (in goblin) "Die goblin scum!" as he aims in the general direction of the fight.

Just distraction. Taking the shot would be a standard action which would cause 1 HP of damage.


M Halfling Witch 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 14 | F2 R3 W5 | Init +8 | Per +4

"Er-- yes, die goblin-- um-- scum!" Rabbit echoes Jaxom, unimaginatively. But he's not reaching for a weapon-- instead he stands next to Jaxom, potion in hand. "--Um, can you open your mouth for me?"

CLW to Jaxom: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Female Kobold Sorcerer |HP7| AC15 | F1 R3 W1|Init +3|Perc-1(-1 in light)

A wicked grin lit up her muzzle as she twisted her hand, and fired her next shot into the foolish wretch. "Every last one of you will be dead by sunset today!"

RoF: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 dmg: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human Brawler 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 17 T:14, FF:13 | Init: +9 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | CMB +4; CMD 18 | BAB: +2, DEX: +4 | Acrobatics+9, Bluff+4, Climb+6, Escape+9, Perception+7, Ride+8, Sense Motive+7, Stealth+9, Swim+6, Craft(Weapon)+10, Handle Animal+3 |

Jaxom realizes that focusing on the battle has left him NOT paying attention to the area around himself. He lowers the crossbow and accepts the potion. "Thank you Rabbit, and I'm sorry I was too focused on the battle. Looks like it will be wrapped up shortly...."

Feeling the wonderful healing from the potion he notices Rabbit's wounds. "You should have saved that for yourself! Stay behind me at least. Count me as your human shield just in case that nutter there with the crossbow fires this way!"


Rabbit carefully feeds Jaxom a potion, tilting the bottle slowly to his lips to avoid any spilling. The magic does the trick, knitting the barely set wounds and bringing Jaxom back to the point he could move around without risking his inside vacating him.

Meanwhile, in the thick of combat the group's stout dwarf takes advantage of the symmetrical yet asymmetrical attack on Alden to flank and bring his longhammer sweeping in at the exposed back of the first brute.

Dwarven Longwhammy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 252d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 = 12

The hammer blow connects in the back of the brute's ribcage, in the side it was favoring no less. Not only do the ribs break, but the torso of the goblin is caved in. It's mutated growth no match for good dwarven steel. It's face twists in agony in front of Siegfried, and the goblin drops to it's knees trying to clutch it's side. It cannot even raise it's arm to do so, and it's eyes darken before it's head slumps in death.

I am a little afraid what a critical from that thing might do in the future. Yikes.

Alden is quick to press the advantage while the remaining brute glanced behind it in horror. Catching the goblin in the belly before he had to drag the blade out or risk getting walloped over the head by it's club. Kras'tak was eager to fire another ray of frost at the remaining wretch that had taken up the crossbow, but it was already ducking in a panic as her shot flew. The ray flying over it's head by a wide margin.

The goblin leader sneers and carefully reaches into it's clothing with its good hand, drawing a gold hilted dagger with a keenly serrated edge and creeping up behind Siegfried.

Poker: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d4 ⇒ 3

The blade glanced off the shield of force Siegfried had in place, twisting it's wrist badly enough to make it grimace in pain. Still, it served as a threat in melee to the dwarf with his long weapon. Leaving the remaining brute to try and backhand Alden after it's club had failed to brain him.

Club: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The creature sneers as he connects with the side of the paladin's head, hitting him in the temple with a frightening crack heard through the spring. Dropping the man.

The wretch (Jaxom, you should still have your turn as Rabbit administered the potion to you as a full round action. Feel free to interject right before the last goblin if you so desire.) finally got the crossbow working and leveled a shot back at Kras'tak.

Wretch, Crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d6 ⇒ 6

Kras'tak was caught off guard. Unable to fully dodge out of the way as the bolt flew straight for her sternum... only to deflect down off her armor of force and smack into the soil between her clawed feet. Close one!

With that, the party is up. Now you only have the wounded leader, brute, and an unwounded wretch!

Goblin Leader (-5)
Goblin Brute (-8)
Goblin Brute (Dead)
Goblin Wretchbow (-3)
Goblin Clubber (Dead)
Goblin Clubber (Dead)
Goblin Clubber (Dead)
Goblin Stabber (Dead)
Goblin Crossbow (Dead)
Goblin Wretch (Dead)
Goblin Wretch (Dead)

Jaxom (7 HP)
Alden (-2/13)
Rabbit (-4)


Male Human Brawler 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 17 T:14, FF:13 | Init: +9 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | CMB +4; CMD 18 | BAB: +2, DEX: +4 | Acrobatics+9, Bluff+4, Climb+6, Escape+9, Perception+7, Ride+8, Sense Motive+7, Stealth+9, Swim+6, Craft(Weapon)+10, Handle Animal+3 |

Jaxom feels energy flow into his body from the potion Rabbit poured into him. He lifts the crossbow and looks for a target. Firing into melee is never a great idea so he chooses the enemy that also has a crossbow.

Attack with Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage if that hits?: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Seeing Alden fall he drops the empty crossbow, rolls to his feet and charges down the hill with a scream at the goblins.

Acrobatics?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Assuming that you meant the crossbow shot was at the end of last round? If wrong, ignore the rest of this.

Charging into the melee Jaxom slams into the brute that took Alden down with his club.

Unarmed Attack to hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage if that hits?: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Human Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 l AC 19 T 12 FF 17 l CMD 17 I HP 22/22 l F +10 R +6 W +8 l Init +2 l Perc +1

A sudden blow to the side of his helm causes Alden's world to go sideways and fade to black.

If this be my last moments, I hope my life's labors proved me a worthy disciple, Elk Father. If they did not, I humbly beg your pardon for falling short of the mark.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Halfling Witch 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 14 | F2 R3 W5 | Init +8 | Per +4

"Oh no, Mr. Jaxom, you're one of our warriors, if anyone needs to be on their feet and fighting it's you, not me," Rabbit says with a flutter of his hands.

As goblins fall one after the other to the group's attacks, Rabbit is torn. He doesn't care for the violence-- were it up to him, he'd be hiding safely away from it all-- and he wishes that talking had been an option, but the elderly matriarch had thought it laughable. But so much death, so much blood... over what? Over who gets to be 'dominant' over a tiny tiny part of the world, cut off from all the rest of it?

It seems pointless, and tragic-- but tragedy in the grand scale evaporates when Rabbit sees Alden go down.

Oh no. He can't heal anyone else today, and he can't let Mr. Cooperson die...

"Leave him alone!" he shouts at the big brute that still menaces Alden. "Go away! Just go away and leave all of us alone! I hope-- I hope you get too weak to even lift your club!"

Ray of Enfeeblement, targeting brute's Touch AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Well that seems unlikely, unless they have severe penalties. I do have precise shot so no penalty for firing into melee. If the brute currently has cover from me, Rabbit would try and move in such a way to have a clear shot. If, somehow, a 9 hits its touch AC: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Str Damage, Fort DC 15 for half

What looks something like a leaping hare made out of shadows bounds from Rabbit's hands towards the big goblin brute...


Female Kobold Sorcerer |HP7| AC15 | F1 R3 W1|Init +3|Perc-1(-1 in light)

Return frost bolt towards the wretch-

RoF: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 dmg: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

-then scrambling over the paladin she let out a snarl at the brute, hair bristling as if to make herself bigger. Once she has his attention she will then scramble off the downed man and just run off to the side as far as she can.
(30 ft is her max speed)


As the wretch with the crossbow made to fire it took a shot from Jaxom, but ultimately it only wounded the little bastard as the shot scraped through it's shoulder. Dark goblin blood flowed freely down it's arm, and the earlier blow still seeped life blood as well. For now though, the goblin was still alive.

Jaxom's first action resolving before the wretch per turn order. Next action will follow.

Rabbit's ray come streaking in, mostly a shadowy blur except in moments where it was discernable as some kind of dark, leaping hare. Sadly as it bobbed along it's path it briefly hopped up right when it would make contact with the bruiser. Going over it's shoulder to impact the ground without effect.

I know Rabbit has shared their spell list, but cannot for the life of me remember where. That should be your first level spells for the day, or am I confused?

Sigfried howled in dwarven fury as Alden went down, sweeping a blow in from above in a violent diagonal arc. Seeming to not care about the goblin at his back with a knife.

Big Whammy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 122d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 = 13

The brute was so distracted by his success against Alden that it never even registered the coming blow. Siegfried's hammer blow coming in across it's collarbone. Splintering it and continuing down into the goblin's sternum. It's chest erupting into gore as it's heart was ruptured by the force of the blow. A wet, sopping wound in place of it's puffed up pride. It fell without ceremony before Siefried turned on the goblin leader.

Alden lay still on the other side of the dwarf, protected for now.

Fortitude DC12: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

The man was still reeling from the blow that dropped him, his muscles tensing even as his life slowly ebbed away.

-1 hit point

Kras'tak attempted to help with another ray of frost, but it went wide much as Rabbit's ray had.

The goblin leader looked up at Siegfried with a mix of pure hatred and abject terror. Casting a glance back to it's one remaining ally, the wretch. Dropping the dagger, it pulled out it's last vial of volatile material. Trying to throw it at the dwarf's feet.

Whammy AoO?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 62d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 = 13

Siegfried tried to smash down on it's skull, but the goblin slipped underneath the swing of the hammer. Taking a hesitant step back before throwing.

Bomb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 211d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Critical: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The unstable admixture shattered across Siegfried's armor, rupturing and being slow to ignite. Most of the jelly like substance inside only flashing into fire after already sticking to him.

So the bad news is I had to go look up how bomb critical work and even get dig up specific responses from Paizo about it. The good news is that it only adds an additional dice and modifier... which is actually the same as any critical at this level.

The goblin leader howled in delight. It's face lit by the gruesome flames as Siegfried's torso was engulfed in horrible flame. The fire snuffing itself out as it flashed through it's oxygen supply in an instant. The air around the dwarf rippling with air that threatened to ignite as well. The might goblin slayer who had felled so many of the little blighters collapsing.

The cackling of the evil little alchemist carried through the spring. Continuing on like a raspy evil frog. Until Jaxom's wrapped fist collided with the side of it's skull with a meaty thwack. It's eyes remaining open even as it's skull gave out under a wet crack. Everything was dead silent for a moment. Until the crank of a crossbow was heard. The last remaining goblin taking aim at Jaxom.

Wretch, Crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 221d6 ⇒ 2
Critical: 1d6 ⇒ 6

To even the wretch's surprise another bolt lander squarely into Jaxom's chest. Dropping the healed man again.

Goblin Leader (Dead)
Goblin Brute (Dead)
Goblin Brute (Dead)
Goblin Wretchbow (-5)
Goblin Clubber (Dead)
Goblin Clubber (Dead)
Goblin Clubber (Dead)
Goblin Stabber (Dead)
Goblin Crossbow (Dead)
Goblin Wretch (Dead)
Goblin Wretch (Dead)

Jaxom (-1/12)
Alden (-3/13)
Siegfried (-3/11)
Rabbit (-4)

Note to self, lower the alchemist's INT mod in future runs. Yikes. That is exactly the kind of thing I've been trying to avoid. Rabbit! Save everyone from the goblin wretch!


Let's just see if Kras'tak can end it, assuming Rabbit doesn't on his turn.

RoF: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

NOPE! ^%$&


Male Human Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 l AC 19 T 12 FF 17 l CMD 17 I HP 22/22 l F +10 R +6 W +8 l Init +2 l Perc +1

Stabilization Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


M Halfling Witch 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 14 | F2 R3 W5 | Init +8 | Per +4
Rabbit wrote:
"Oh no, Mr. Jaxom, you're one of our warriors, if anyone needs to be on their feet and fighting it's you, not me..."

Fate has a sense of humor. One... after the other... the "warriors" that Rabbit had mentioned fall in turn, until at least he alone is left standing on his side, staring down the last surviving goblin as well.

The white rabbit in his pouch, which has been kicking and struggling throughout, goes still. Time to run, he thinks he hears, a whisper in the back of his consciousness. And his instincts agree: run, run, run. Get away. He is not a fighter. The fighters all lie at his feet, dying... if not dead already.

His friends. And all the goblins too. Everyone, just him and one goblin left, and the senseless stupid tragedy of it all makes slow tears slip from Rabbit's big green eyes.

"Is this... dominance, then, Garnet?" he asks, with somewhat uncharacteristic bitterness in his tone. "Wiping each other out... for what?"

Fingers numb, Rabbit slots another bolt into the quarrel of his crossbow, raises it, aims at the other combatant, and looses the bolt. He doesn't think that running will save him. Not this time.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Welp.
Critical crossbow damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

Yes, fate has a sense of humor.


Male Human Brawler 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 17 T:14, FF:13 | Init: +9 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | CMB +4; CMD 18 | BAB: +2, DEX: +4 | Acrobatics+9, Bluff+4, Climb+6, Escape+9, Perception+7, Ride+8, Sense Motive+7, Stealth+9, Swim+6, Craft(Weapon)+10, Handle Animal+3 |

Stabilization roll?: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 1 = 8 Hmm....


Rabbit's numbed aim was steady, and when he fired the bolt he was rewarded with the last goblins falling dead. The bolt lodging right between it's eye. Things had seem very grim for a moment, but as the halfling ran to aid his friends it became clear that everyone would survive. With Kras'tak's help he tended to the parties wounds and was able to stabilize them. Though it didn't seem the group would be going anywhere without an evening's rest.

Going to handwave the stabilization checks and heal checks as the group would have to be absurdly unlucky to not make it out okay at this point. The DCs are all fairly low and no one is anywhere near dying at the end of a round.

That night, as he and Kras'tak were sat around a small campfire, with their friends laid up around them, there was a moment for quiet contemplation.

Whatever Rabbit would like to do in the interim he is able. Otherwise I can move us to the morning where everyone will have healed from an evening's sleep. In fact, the group can safely recover themselves to full as there are no real threats left on their shard. Congratulations, and welcome to level 2.


Male Human Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 l AC 19 T 12 FF 17 l CMD 17 I HP 22/22 l F +10 R +6 W +8 l Init +2 l Perc +1

"Erastil has not only seen fit to let me survive this day, but has granted me the ability to call upon his power to hasten healing from injuries. It appears that I am on the path he has intended for me," Alden says to the group. "Witness the Stagfather's beneficence."

Alden places a hand on Jaxom's shoulder.

Lay on Hands: 1d6 ⇒ 5

He then touches Siegfried.

Lay on Hands: 1d6 ⇒ 1

And then, Rabbit.

Lay on Hands: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Finally, he places his own hand over his heart, and whispers a prayer to Old Dead-Eye.

Lay on Hands: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Noticing that Siegfried's wounds barely closed, Alden places a hand on the dwarf again, and whispers a more fervent prayer to Erastil to aid him.

Last Lay on Hands of the Day: 1d6 ⇒ 4

He then addresses the sentient gemstone: "Have we succeeded in claiming this shard, Garnet, or is there something else we need to do? What happens now?"


Male Human Brawler 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 17 T:14, FF:13 | Init: +9 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | CMB +4; CMD 18 | BAB: +2, DEX: +4 | Acrobatics+9, Bluff+4, Climb+6, Escape+9, Perception+7, Ride+8, Sense Motive+7, Stealth+9, Swim+6, Craft(Weapon)+10, Handle Animal+3 |

Once Jaxom is aware again, and the battle is over, he drags the goblin bodies away from them and searches for anything useful. (especially from the alchemist/chief)

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


M Halfling Witch 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 14 | F2 R3 W5 | Init +8 | Per +4

In the immediate aftermath of the last goblin falling, Rabbit stares blankly around at the field of unmoving warriors from both sides. He feels a strong compulsion to throw the crossbow away from him, and after a second, he does so, flinging it to one side.

He's tempted to sit down and cry-- but his friends are still bleeding. After a few seconds of ragged breathing, Rabbit moves to the nearest of the downed men and starts to put pressure on their wounds... while doing nothing for the goblins. They are enemies, he reminds himself. They tried to kill us all.

****

Later, when everyone has been brought back to better health by Alden's skill with healing, he sits down on the ground and pulls Mr. Whisper out to hold the rabbit close. (Mr. Whisper is less than thrilled with the arrangement.)

I need to be able to help more, in a fight. I don't like fighting but I have to be better at helping. Can you do anything for me?

The white rabbit goes still in his arms, observing him with a rolled eye.

There are always ways...

A bit later, when Rabbit notices Jaxom searching the dead, he stirs and gets to his feet. "Should we.... do something with the bodies? Burn them maybe? I... it feels wrong to just leave them to rot."


Male Human Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 l AC 19 T 12 FF 17 l CMD 17 I HP 22/22 l F +10 R +6 W +8 l Init +2 l Perc +1

"Fresh corpses will attract scavengers and predators, neither of which we want nearby while we're resting," Alden replies. "I don't know if any of us is currently in shape to do a lot of digging, so either burning or sinking them in the swamp waters some distance from our camp would be the most practical."


Rabbit keeps to himself as the group rests. Jaxom, Alden, and Siefried all coming to late in the evening. Thankfully, there was already a fire going, and no shortage of wood to toss over it. The time passes uneventfully, and the quiet settles in. Once Alden was up he used his divine healing to help cure the party's wounds.

As the bodies are gathered and combed over Jaxom is quick to take the dagger from the goblin leader. It had an impressive balance to it, and in the evening's gloom it shed light like a torch when he wielded it. He also found a vial of poison among the extracts and alchemical supplies the leader carried. The rest of the goblins sported no armor, and all their weapons were crude and sized for small creatures. The crossbow was serviceable, likely stolen some years back. Some of it's wood was rotted and damp.

The various stolen tent supplies the goblins had used to make their leans could be cleaned and pieced back together into a proper camping tent for two people of Alden's size. Underneath one was a wood cutting axe the goblins had used to create their stack of firewood. If the group wanted to burn the goblin's bodies it would be simple enough to make a pyre.

Inside the leader's tent there were various knickknacks and dubious alchemical supplies. Though tucked into a pack was a thumb sized uncut ruby.

With the initial clearing of the camp done, Siegfried pulled Garnet out of his pack. The gem glowing softly for a moment before shedding the flickering ruby light that indicated it was alert and active. "Well yes, you have claimed the shard." the gem answered Alden, "As to what comes next, that is up to you lot. You could simply leave the shard as is, and hopefully no other shard would prey upon you."

The gem let this sit with the group for a moment. "But if you wish to merge this shard with another, one of you can take me and meditate on what other shard you would like to merge with." Ruby explained, "Whoever decides to do this will want a strong force of will, and a good grasp of what they see. As the choices I can give you, and what you can make from what you see is entirely up to you."

I apologize for the late update. Extra hours as work combined with coming down sick (Not enough to call in...) made it extremely hard for me to find time to update. Now, on to the mechanics of how to merge shards:

The character who interacts with the shard will have a number of choices of other shards to consider based on their charisma modifier and a dice roll. They will then get a brief outline of what each shard has to offer based on perception rolls. Knowledge rolls (and pertinent skills) will play a part in identifying things they see. Then, the character will select a shard to merge with and be given another glimpse into the shard.


Male Human Brawler 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 17 T:14, FF:13 | Init: +9 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | CMB +4; CMD 18 | BAB: +2, DEX: +4 | Acrobatics+9, Bluff+4, Climb+6, Escape+9, Perception+7, Ride+8, Sense Motive+7, Stealth+9, Swim+6, Craft(Weapon)+10, Handle Animal+3 |

Jaxom almost drops the dagger when he notices the light from it. Magic! But it doesn't seem dangerous. A light not needing oil would be useful. He touches it to be sure that it isn't burning.... Assuming you mean a glow like a torch? Not actual fire?

Jaxom will give the dagger to anyone that asks for it. His favorite 'weapon' is his fists, but if a slashing weapon is needed he would use it.

Once they've cleared things Jaxom will work on making a funeral pyre for the creatures. They were dangerous enemies, but now that it is over he honestly wishes they hadn't had to kill them. They were trying to survive and just didn't do it the right way.


Yes, the dagger sheds light like a torch but doesn't burn like one. I roll for that on every magic weapon. Among other things. :3


M Halfling Witch 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 14 | F2 R3 W5 | Init +8 | Per +4

Rabbit listens to Garnet's explanation with lightly furrowed brows, coming closer as if in spite of himself.

"...I don't know that anyone's ever said I have a-- a 'strong force of will,'" he says softly. "Maybe Mr. Cooperson should do it."

The rabbit he is holding makes a noise that sounds a lot like a snort. The halfling winces. "That's so rude, Mr. Whisper...

"Um, what I do have is -- some book learning? I mean... we wouldn't want to-- to-- 'merge' with like-- a shard from the Abyss, or something? I could maybe recognize something like that?"

201 to 250 of 474 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM GuardYourPrivates' Shards of Golarion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.