Dark Tower

Game Master brvheart

Watch Order:
1st: Sir Rhaym, Tal'ariel
2nd: Ciri, Felix
3rd: Thoron, Slim

Order of March:
single:
Sir Rhaym, Tal'ariel, Slim, Ciri, Felix, Thoron
double:
Slim and Sir Rhaym, Ciri and Tal'ariel, Felix and with Thoron bringing up the rear.


Something seemed odd about this town, Mitra’s Fist. And the tavern they were in, The Overlord’s Inn, was certainly
a bit strange as well. [Everyone in the town seemed to stare at them as they walked through, and he had heard more
than one comment about how they didn’t get any visitors here anymore. He began to wonder if they had made a
mistake coming here, but what choice did they have after their guide had died from a scorpion’s bite and a sandstorm
had driven them into this mysterious mountain pass?


1,351 to 1,400 of 1,786 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Female Half Eldar Elf Arcanist (Black Blade Adept) 7; Atk +7; Percpn +12; AC 16/18 MA CL7/22 Shld/23 Hst, T13, FF20; hp 56; Init +4; Fort +7 Ref +6, Will +7

Move up 30 ft and caste magic missiles

Magic MISSILE guard #2: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 1) + 4 = 13


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Felix
Sir Rhaym
Slim

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/6

Those stairs to the left are they going down?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Thoron Palehorn wrote:
Those stairs to the left are they going down?

correct


Human Swashbuckler 7 | HP 53 / 67 AC 25 T19 FF18 | Panache 3/4 | CMB +7 CMD 25 | F +8 R +11 W +7(9*) init +7 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Acrobatics +15 Diplomacy +13 Escape Artist +11 Intimidate +13 Kn: Local +8 Perception +11 Ride +9

His movement greatly augmented by Ciri's spell, Jim's sabre blurred as he made pass after pass against his foe. He wasn't really used to this speed and his form was sloppy as a result but perhaps it would be enough?

Hasted attack: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 1 = 24Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 9 = 18
Primary attack: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 1 = 22Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 9 = 19
Iterative attack: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 1 = 24Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 9 = 22

Hope Jim gets a crit soon since he's going to run out of panache before long.

Opportune Parry:

Parry?: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 15 + 1 = 29
Riposte!: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 15 + 1 = 19Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 9 = 19
Parry #2: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 15 + 1 = 23
Parry #3: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 15 + 1 = 35


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

With that Slim downs the two guards in front of him leaving only one down the hall some 120' away standing in front of two cells.


Male Human Paladin (Shining Knight) L7 | AC25 (T11FF24) CMD23| hp 32/71 | Saves: F10R7W7 | Percep -1 | Init +2 | Channel 3/3 | LoHands 5/7 | Smite 3/3 | Status: Aura of Courage +4 (10ft.r. ), Haste, Prayer

Sir Rhaym double haste moved up the corridor towards the last guard and cells; a heavily armed and armored figure running right at him.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

I will bot Felix to double move up with Sir Rhaym

The leader of the guards moves forward and attacks the paladin:

greatsword: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34 damage: 2d6 + 20 ⇒ (1, 2) + 20 = 23


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Thoron
Initiative Order Round Four
Haltashaar
Tal
Felix
Ciri
Sir Rhaym
Slim
Guards
Thoron

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/6

takes a double move up to support the two in front
"Least we know where his servant is."


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

As you were hasted Thoron, you can get right behind the other two. As for his servant you can hear but not see him as of yet.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/6

OK thanks I forgot about that. Yeah I meant we could hear him.


Haltashaar moves in behind Thoron.


Female Half Eldar Elf Arcanist (Black Blade Adept) 7; Atk +7; Percpn +12; AC 16/18 MA CL7/22 Shld/23 Hst, T13, FF20; hp 56; Init +4; Fort +7 Ref +6, Will +7

Double move up


Male Half-orc Rogue (Thug) 7

Felix will also stealthily move up.
Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21


Human Swashbuckler 7 | HP 53 / 67 AC 25 T19 FF18 | Panache 3/4 | CMB +7 CMD 25 | F +8 R +11 W +7(9*) init +7 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Acrobatics +15 Diplomacy +13 Escape Artist +11 Intimidate +13 Kn: Local +8 Perception +11 Ride +9

Jim hustles forwards trying to keep up with the others.


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1 / Wizard 4 / Inner Sea Pirate 1 / Arcane Trickster 1 | HP 66/66 | AC:21(vs evil)/19 T:17/15 FF:16/14 CMD:19/17 | F+5 R+12 W+8 (+10 vs enchantment) (+2 bonus vs evil) | Init+13 | Perc+15 (+16 vs traps) | Mage Armor

Tal hurries forward quietly along with Felix.
Stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Sir Rhaym


Male Human Paladin (Shining Knight) L7 | AC25 (T11FF24) CMD23| hp 32/71 | Saves: F10R7W7 | Percep -1 | Init +2 | Channel 3/3 | LoHands 5/7 | Smite 3/3 | Status: Aura of Courage +4 (10ft.r. ), Haste, Prayer

Sir Rhaym lashed out in a flurry of powerful attacks.

+1 bastard sword power attack 1: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 1 - 2 = 20 for a possible 1d10 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 4 = 17 magic and slashing damage.
+1 bastard sword power attack 2: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 11 for a possible 1d10 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 4 = 21 magic and slashing damage.
+1 bastard sword power hasted attack: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 1 - 2 = 24 for a possible 1d10 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 4 = 21 magic and slashing damage.

Then he laid on hands himself for 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 2) = 12 healed.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The "boss" guard attacks Sir Rhaym

greatsword: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35 damage: 2d6 + 20 ⇒ (3, 6) + 20 = 29
greatsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 damage: 2d6 + 20 ⇒ (1, 5) + 20 = 26


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Thoron
Initiative Order Round Five
Haltashaar
Tal
Felix
Ciri
Sir Rhaym
Slim
Guards
Thoron


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Sir Rhaym hits once for 21 and is hit back once for 29.


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1 / Wizard 4 / Inner Sea Pirate 1 / Arcane Trickster 1 | HP 66/66 | AC:21(vs evil)/19 T:17/15 FF:16/14 CMD:19/17 | F+5 R+12 W+8 (+10 vs enchantment) (+2 bonus vs evil) | Init+13 | Perc+15 (+16 vs traps) | Mage Armor

Tal hits this "boss" guard with some Glitterdust!

Will DC17 or blinded, usual Glitterdust effects.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/6

sorry I've been a fighting allergies.

I'll cast prayer on the party

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/6

+1 to hit, damage, saves. enemy has a -1 to all of that.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/6

err this is just a 10' hallway aye?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

yes


Male Half-orc Rogue (Thug) 7

Felix quickly attacks with the sap in his offhand, giving the enemy some brutal beating.
Attack, nonlethal: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 291d3 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + (2, 2, 1) = 8
While the smack is rather pathetic it is still painful and he uses the pain to intimidate his enemy.(free action intimidate thanks to Enforcer)
Intimidate: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Debuffs:
No Attacks of opportunities 1 round,
sickened 1 round
maybe intimidated


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Felix "Lucky Gits" Season wrote:

Felix quickly attacks with the sap in his offhand, giving the enemy some brutal beating.

[Dice=Attack, nonlethal]1d20+12; 1d3+3d6
While the smack is rather pathetic it is still painful and he uses the pain to intimidate his enemy.(free action intimidate thanks to Enforcer)
[Dice=Intimidate]1d20+12
Debuffs:
No Attacks of opportunities 1 round,
sickened 1 round
maybe intimidated

Target is shaken for 1 round. DC was 21.

Haltashaar delays

Ciri
Sir Rhaym
Slim


Female Half Eldar Elf Arcanist (Black Blade Adept) 7; Atk +7; Percpn +12; AC 16/18 MA CL7/22 Shld/23 Hst, T13, FF20; hp 56; Init +4; Fort +7 Ref +6, Will +7

Cast shocking grasp held spell combat, Dimensional slide to the other side and batter up, releasing as a free action MIRROR strike from spell storing plus 2 prayer

attack zireal: 1d20 + 9 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 252d10 + 9 + 2 + 10d6 ⇒ (8, 8) + 9 + 2 + (2, 4, 1, 1, 2, 2, 6, 2, 4, 3) = 54


Male Human Paladin (Shining Knight) L7 | AC25 (T11FF24) CMD23| hp 32/71 | Saves: F10R7W7 | Percep -1 | Init +2 | Channel 3/3 | LoHands 5/7 | Smite 3/3 | Status: Aura of Courage +4 (10ft.r. ), Haste, Prayer

Sir Rhaym blocked a hard attack but is hit by another slash from the big uard. He lashed out again in a flurry of powerful attacks.

+1 bastard sword power attack 1: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 24 for a possible 1d10 + 7 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 4 + 1 = 18 magic and slashing damage.
+1 bastard sword power attack 2: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 17 for a possible 1d10 + 7 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 4 + 1 = 20 magic and slashing damage.
+1 bastard sword power hasted attack: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 17 for a possible 1d10 + 7 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 4 + 1 = 21 magic and slashing damage.

Then he laid on hands himself for 3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 1) = 7 healed.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Rhaym only hits once, but is enough to put the last fighter down,
xp each=1277.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The dervish paladin can be found in cell H. With the rest of the dervishes in the rest. Planchet is there also.


"Yeah, we won!!! Come free us!!! "cried out Planchett


Human Swashbuckler 7 | HP 53 / 67 AC 25 T19 FF18 | Panache 3/4 | CMB +7 CMD 25 | F +8 R +11 W +7(9*) init +7 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Acrobatics +15 Diplomacy +13 Escape Artist +11 Intimidate +13 Kn: Local +8 Perception +11 Ride +9

Slim rushed forwards to see the last fighter die. Cautiously he checked his surroundings to find there where no further enemies.

He spotted Moram Infidel Bane bane and the dervishes along with another man, presumably Plachet, in one of the cells.

"Hang on, we'll get you out of there." he told them before saying to his companions, "We'd better check for traps first, because you know, whoever designed this place had a thing for them..."

Jim had a quick look and failed to find anything, but he knew he was far from an expert in such matters.
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1 / Wizard 4 / Inner Sea Pirate 1 / Arcane Trickster 1 | HP 66/66 | AC:21(vs evil)/19 T:17/15 FF:16/14 CMD:19/17 | F+5 R+12 W+8 (+10 vs enchantment) (+2 bonus vs evil) | Init+13 | Perc+15 (+16 vs traps) | Mage Armor

Tal instinctively tries to loot the fallen guards, especially looking for keys.

Though when Slim rushes forward and speaks, she interjects. "Correction--I better look for traps first."
Perception vs traps: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

If it's clear, she'll open the cell, either with a key or with her lockpicks if she must.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The keys are on a ring hanging on a hook across from the cells. You find no traps on a cursory search.


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1 / Wizard 4 / Inner Sea Pirate 1 / Arcane Trickster 1 | HP 66/66 | AC:21(vs evil)/19 T:17/15 FF:16/14 CMD:19/17 | F+5 R+12 W+8 (+10 vs enchantment) (+2 bonus vs evil) | Init+13 | Perc+15 (+16 vs traps) | Mage Armor

Seeing the keys on a hook, Tal grabs them and sets the captives free!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/6

"Before we rest let me help those that are hurt."Gather round all."
Chanel: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1) = 8
Chanel: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 4) = 9 17 back.

"Who else needs help with wounds after that? We need to rest a bit so we can use our new skills and heal up a bit too


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Moram Infidel Bane is still down 13 and Sir Rhaym 15. Moram has three lay on hands left for the day.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/6

"I can help both of you a bit more, but that's the last channel for me until I rest.
Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 4) = 14


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1 / Wizard 4 / Inner Sea Pirate 1 / Arcane Trickster 1 | HP 66/66 | AC:21(vs evil)/19 T:17/15 FF:16/14 CMD:19/17 | F+5 R+12 W+8 (+10 vs enchantment) (+2 bonus vs evil) | Init+13 | Perc+15 (+16 vs traps) | Mage Armor

Tal questions the freed captives. "What happened? How were you captured? And what were they going to do to you?"


"They way laid us on the way back to our camp with nets. We were told we were to be sacrificed to Set."


Human Swashbuckler 7 | HP 53 / 67 AC 25 T19 FF18 | Panache 3/4 | CMB +7 CMD 25 | F +8 R +11 W +7(9*) init +7 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Acrobatics +15 Diplomacy +13 Escape Artist +11 Intimidate +13 Kn: Local +8 Perception +11 Ride +9

"Nets... Figures." replied Jim, "We cut our way through a good number of Set worshippers to get here. We still don't know how big these halls are but the town above is likely semi-safe as long as you go in numbers. Perhaps we should all head back up and rest before we explore more?"

Thoron's Channel has run out and, I assume folks will start to run out of spells at some point too.


Male Human Paladin (Shining Knight) L7 | AC25 (T11FF24) CMD23| hp 32/71 | Saves: F10R7W7 | Percep -1 | Init +2 | Channel 3/3 | LoHands 5/7 | Smite 3/3 | Status: Aura of Courage +4 (10ft.r. ), Haste, Prayer

Sir Rhaym quickly wrenches open the cell door when it is unlocked, and puts Planchet into a bone crushing hug.
"Planchet my friend! I thought you dead!" He exclaimed, then released him.
"A sacrifice to Set? I think not!" He said with righteousness.

For those who need it, Sir Rhaym will Channel Positive energy to heal all in 30 feet 4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 5, 6) = 20.


Male Half-orc Rogue (Thug) 7

Feeling the holy energy course through him, Felix smiles and nods, even though being actually rather unharmed. But no reason not to be thankful.
"Now that you have your servant, where to next?"


Female Half Eldar Elf Arcanist (Black Blade Adept) 7; Atk +7; Percpn +12; AC 16/18 MA CL7/22 Shld/23 Hst, T13, FF20; hp 56; Init +4; Fort +7 Ref +6, Will +7

searching the area and gather anything we find to equip and feed this group & find either the nearest exit to the surface, of which the last one one I knew of was back up level 1 or find a good place to hold up for the night, we all need rest. We don't need anymore encounters today and the prisoners need gear, once back at the surface, Moram and the dervishes can ensure the town stays safe until we complete our quest against the set followers down here. Find a door


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Cell A contains 5 scimitars, 4 wine flasks (2 still have fluid in
them), 8 cloaks, a warm robe, 12 suits of men’s and women’s
clothing, most of it Arabic looking, a spear, 3 daggers and
40 feet of rope, plus whatever captured party members might
have had that was not of great value.

Note: the party is carrying Moram's +1 platemail.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/6

"Moram I'd assume you want you armor back?
I'd say head back to the surface and rest, although the goblin barracks is not a bad choice either.

1,351 to 1,400 of 1,786 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dark Tower Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.