Doug's King in Thorns (Tier 7-8; Outpost VI) (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

Maps & Handouts | Character Macros | Hero Points


401 to 412 of 412 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Grand Archive

Human Sorcerer (rogue) 8 | AC 26 (27 wShield) | HP (10)72/72| F +13 R +13 W +12| Spells: 1: 4/4 2: 4/4 3: 4/4 4: 4/4 | SP: 2/2 | HeroPoint: 2/2

Will Save DC25: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 2 = 23

Kamil fly to flank again with Bair, the he tries to cast a spell to add accuracy to his strike.

Stupedied DC7: 1d20 ⇒ 12

This time, he maintains his concentration enough to be able to cast his spell as small bluish draconic scales appear on his skin.

+1 Cold Iron Striking Katana: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
+1 Cold Iron Striking Katana: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Damages, S: 2d10 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 = 13

(◆) Stride (fly)
(◆) Cast A Spell: True Strike (Blood Magic: +1 Status bonus to AC)
(◆) Strike

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 8 | Exploration Mode: Search (Perception +12) | HP 138 (-0) Temp 11 or 7 (+0), Falls -25 ft then halved) | AC 26, Sleeping 24 (rarely FF) | F/R/W +17/+13/+12 (3 Resist Evil, Feat vs. Fear/Sickness, Juggernaut, 1 Cold/Electr Res) | Perc +12 (Battle Cry, Darkvision) | Speed 30 | Hero Points: 1/1 (boon) | Active Conditions: NA

If Kamil doesn’t save the day by finishing the flutterfoe:
Coin Reroll +1 Wounding Striking Silver Halberd - Enfbl vs. FF: 1d20 + 17 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 17 - 1 = 24

21 damage from that earlier strike, if it hits

Vigilant Seal

Male, CN, Dwarf | HP 149/149 AC: 28| F: +19 R: +17, W: +17 (Bravery) | Perc: +18 (M, Darkvision)
Class Abilities:
Default Exploration: Search

Hey DM!:

I'm stuck without internet until Sunday. I'm posting here so that it's not a bot. If you can use this, please post it!

Will if needed: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

"Look, I AIN! Going to tell you again! I'm tired of yer damned WEIRDNESS!" Iarann is practically frothing at the mouth mad.

He closes! Posting 2 attacks, but obviously if he needs to close, they drop off.

He rushes forward, there's red in his eyes and his teeth reflect the riot of colors on the field, "THUNDERSTRIKER!!!!!!!!"

ATK 1: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30 for DMG if hit: 2d12 + 7 ⇒ (6, 4) + 7 = 17 and COLD: 1d6 ⇒ 6
ATK 2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 for DMG if hit: 2d12 + 7 ⇒ (8, 8) + 7 = 23 and COLD: 1d6 ⇒ 5
ATK 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 for DMG if hit: 2d12 + 7 ⇒ (4, 6) + 7 = 17 and COLD: 1d6 ⇒ 1

AoO: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23 for DMG if hit: 2d12 + 7 ⇒ (5, 2) + 7 = 14 and COLD: 1d6 ⇒ 6


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

Makai heals Bair. Though Kamil, Iarann, and Bair attack with fury and frustration their weapons get tangled in the King in Thorn's vines.

Sorry guys. I'll take that campaign coin use too.

⚘ ⚘ ⚘
Up to Morgan… Round 7-8

Party Conditions: Anyone entering or starting their turn in the Monarch's aura needs to immediately make a DC 25 will save.
Terrain: Key on side of map. Green areas are difficlt terrain too, light underbrush.
Battlemap

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
Fafrd (81/96 HP) │ Poison Stage 2, Stupefied 1, Synesthesia'd (Clumsy 3, -10 Speeds, Others Concealed (Blind-Fight))
Bair (78/138 HP) │ Enfeebled 1, Clumsy 1, Stupefied 1, Flying, AOO Avail, Bleed 1d4, 0 temp hp, AOO avail
Monarch (-165 HP) │ Bleed 1d6, Reaction Available
Kamil (61/64 HP) │ Flying, Stupefied 2
Iarann (145/145 HP) │ Poison Resist 4, Flying, Bleed 1d4, AOO avail
➤ Morgan (69/71 HP) │ Sick 1, Sustaining summons (3 rnds for AOE & Enfeebled 2), Shield
⠀⠀➤ Rhob (87/87 HP)
Makai (65/87 HP) │ Heroism, Shield up, Immune to Aura
──────────
AFTER YOUR TURN:
──────────
Fafrd: DC 22 Fort vs Ongoing Poison (st. 3)

──────────
CONDITIONS & EFFECTS REFERENCE
──────────

Hallucinatory Dust :
Hallucinatory Scale Dust (aura, illusion, mental) 30 feet. Fey glamours shed from Qxal’s wings like scale dust, causing hallucinations. A creature entering the aura or starting its turn in the area must attempt a DC 25 Will save.
Critical Success The creature is unaffected and is temporarily immune to the scale dust for 24 hours.
Success The creature is unaffected.
Failure The creature hallucinates that it is beginning to transform into a plant or animal native to their homeland, becoming either clumsy 1, enfeebled 1, or stupefied 1, at Qxal’s choice. The condition lasts for 1 hour. Each time a creature fails this save, Qxal can choose an additional condition.
Critical Failure As failure, but the condition value is 2.

Horizon Hunters

N Female Changeling Necromancer 7 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 20 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +13 | Perc +11 | Speed 25
♥️ 69/71 | ☘️ 0/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Staff of Necromancy | ⚕ Mage Armor, False Life | Spells (Arcane, +15, DC 25): Cantrips (6), 1st (3/4), 2nd (3/4), 3rd (4/4), 4th (2/3)

"Return from whence you came," Morgan mutters darkly, releasing the Combusted from her command. With a haunting cry it dissipates into ash.

"I am very much done with you," the necromancer says, mostly to herself. Her hands move in classical wizardly gestures, and with a series of flourishes six magical missiles appear before her. "Die," she says, a casual flick releasing them towards the King in Thorns.

Magic Missile (3rd) vs Monarch: 6d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1, 4, 2, 2, 3) + 6 = 20

Reflex save vs Entangle: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Rhob moves a little bit closer to Morgan.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

Six missiles streak across the battlefield the Necromancer turns to the Evocation arts. As the undead Combusted screams… each glowing missile crushes against the monarch's viny body, withering leaves. The buzzing of their wings is barely audible now. The monarch struggles to stay afloat.

But stay afloat they do.

The King in Thorns Steps twice, wobbling violently, closer and closer to the ground, trailing twitching tendrils. Then they burrow down into the soft earth, in an attempt to reposition.

Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Only their head makes it out from the earth. The King in Thorns — deposed — struggles pathetically in the mud as the alien malevolence fades forever from its faceted eyes. A fitting grave for a false monarch.

Out of combat! WELL DONE EVERYONE! That was f#%!ing epic!

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Ulfen Human Sailor Ranger 8 | HP 77/96| AC 26| Fort +14; Ref +19; Will +15 | Perc: +16 (+18 to Seek my target) | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 | Resistent to Fire 5 | cold iron arrows 30/48 Active conditions: clumsy 2, poisoned

Fafrd lands on the ground, though oddly he manages to do it upside down. ”This ground feels green. And brown. So many feels. And why do you all taste like that?” babbles the Ulfen, still overwhelmed by the spell.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 8 | Exploration Mode: Search (Perception +12) | HP 138 (-0) Temp 11 or 7 (+0), Falls -25 ft then halved) | AC 26, Sleeping 24 (rarely FF) | F/R/W +17/+13/+12 (3 Resist Evil, Feat vs. Fear/Sickness, Juggernaut, 1 Cold/Electr Res) | Perc +12 (Battle Cry, Darkvision) | Speed 30 | Hero Points: 1/1 (boon) | Active Conditions: NA

The goblinoid replies, "Green is good! Green brings life. Life is vines and sun and warm happy breezes. Bad thing not hurt us anymore. Bad thing gone. Rest now."

He dozes off in the woods, snuggling a tree.

That was an incredible fight. I want to put massive props out to our GM. There appeared to be a very large number of variables to control and track. It was all handled quite well, and even with a ton of flavor on the side to keep it enjoyable.

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Female Changeling Necromancer 7 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 20 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +13 | Perc +11 | Speed 25
♥️ 69/71 | ☘️ 0/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Staff of Necromancy | ⚕ Mage Armor, False Life | Spells (Arcane, +15, DC 25): Cantrips (6), 1st (3/4), 2nd (3/4), 3rd (4/4), 4th (2/3)

Morgan breathes a deep sigh of relief. The King in Thorns is dead. Having managed to keep her head despite the sickness from the curse, the changeling looks on at the befuddled states of Bair and Fafrd with a degree of pity. "Rest, the both of you. What ails you will pass."

Rhob reaches Morgan, bringing with him his stench. "Rhob, walk in a circle around our group, and kill anything that tries to get close."

It immediately moves off to obey.

"I am glad magic was able to bring down our foe. And I commend you all for your work. You... have earned my respect," Morgan says. Her tone suggests that this is not a typical occurrence.

I can only echo Bair. This was tough, but fair. Great work, GM!

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Ulfen Human Sailor Ranger 8 | HP 77/96| AC 26| Fort +14; Ref +19; Will +15 | Perc: +16 (+18 to Seek my target) | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 | Resistent to Fire 5 | cold iron arrows 30/48 Active conditions: clumsy 2, poisoned

”Oh, Morgan. I didn’t see you there. Did you know that Rhob sounds grey? He may need to get that looked at. I am not altogether sure he is very healthy. He radiates death.”
Fafrd then just plops back onto the grass, twanging at his bow, tossing arrows everywhere

Agreed! This was an awesome adventure. Well worth the replay! You made it truly challenging!

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Sorcerer (rogue) 8 | AC 26 (27 wShield) | HP (10)72/72| F +13 R +13 W +12| Spells: 1: 4/4 2: 4/4 3: 4/4 4: 4/4 | SP: 2/2 | HeroPoint: 2/2

Kamil spits imaginary lilacs from his mouth until he realizes that it was all in his head!

Good job all! Sorry to not have been as useful as I would have like, but even without my help we have vanquished this False Monarch!
And thanks to our other comrades you added healing support when it was most needed.

Says Kamil, breathing heavily from the effort and the fight.

I adds my props to those of my comrades for our GM: Great Job to you, and a 5th stars/whatever well deserved!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Season of Ghosts

**HOUSE GM ANNOUNCEMENT**

There is a strange sensation throughout the demiplane of tension being released. It’s as though the plane itself had been holding its breath for a long time and finally exhaled. The Thorned Monarch has fallen. Gregaro Voth, now freed from his planar prison, stands before the assembled group.

“Pathfinders, there are no words to thank you for coming to my rescue. I have talked with Venture-Captain Tolal, and I understand I’ve been trapped here for a great many years. Unfortunately, I cannot return with you to Absalom. If I leave this place, the weight of time would suddenly bear down upon me, and I would immediately die. So, I shall remain here, though I imagine I can make this a more palatable prison.”

Voth, still wearing the crown, looks around him, and the landscape suddenly changes. In an instant, where before there was a copse of trees, there now stands a brand-new Pathfinder lodge with sprawling grounds. The scene is beautiful, with dozens of small buildings dotted across a verdant landscape complete with tall trees, colorful flowers, and chirping birds. “I suppose the adventure can come to me! Please, Pathfinders, stay and enjoy a well-deserved rest. Tell me of all the journeys you’ve taken and the discoveries that you’ve made!”

---

After a full night’s rest, though perhaps with a few odd dreams, Oraiah Tolal and Gregaro Voth ask everyone to meet the next morning. Agents assemble in a garden on the new lodge’s grounds.

Gregaro Voth begins, “Pathfinders, you have done amazing work, defeating the Thorned Monarch and his forces after making the arduous journey out here.” Oraiah Tolal continues, “But if Alseta smiles upon our work, you will have a much easier journey home.” Together, they cast a spell, and a shimmering archway appears. After a few moments, Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr and Decemvirate member Eliza Petulengro walk through. Westyr exclaims happily, “Well done, Pathfinders, all of you!” Petulengro explains more. “We’ve established a link between this new lodge and the Maze of the Open Road, a hedge maze and portal network that used to be carefully restricted by the Decemvirate. The Decemvirate is planning to add new nodes to the maze, allowing Pathfinders to swiftly travel to places far from the Society’s current reach. And so, if you are ready to go home, please follow me. You have more than earned a swift trip home!” Petulengro and Westyr lead the way through the portal, into the maze, and through another archway that leads straight back to the Grand Lodge.
______________

That’s the end! Thank you for all your hard work, GMs, and thanks to everyone for playing!

401 to 412 of 412 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's King in Thorns (Tier 7-8; Outpost VI) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.