Doug's King in Thorns (Tier 7-8; Outpost VI) (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

Maps & Handouts | Character Macros | Hero Points


1 to 50 of 412 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

In the jungles of the Mwangi Expanse, a large group of Pathfinders stands ready to travel beyond a magical gateway whose mysteries stymied a group of the Pathfinder Society's founders.

What lies beyond the doorway is also the crux of the plot of an ancient evil fey, the Thorned Monarch.

Will the Pathfinders unlock lost fey magic, restore buried secrets from the Society's history, and purge the world of the Monarch's evil — or will they fall before the fey's minions and tricks?

Vigilant Seal

NG Female Dwarf (Anvil Dwarf) Cleric 7 | HP 87/87 | AC 26(28 w shield) | F +14 R +10 (+3 Bulwark) W +14 | Perc +14 (Darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 25 ft. | Heal 3/3 | Spell slots 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/3 4th 2/2 | Hero Point 2 | Active Conditions: Mind of menace

As part of the large group of Pathfinders, walk a fully rather well build dwarf. She is clad full plate armor and carries a shield on her back, on her side she carries a relatively large warhammer, which is also the symbol that she carries on her neck.

As they stop she goes to join other medics to aid in anyone who got themselves hurt. When given some free time, she cooks, mostly to keep herself busy and there was no forges in the middle of the jungle for her to work the steel.

Grand Archive

Human Sorcerer (rogue) 7 | AC 25 (26 wShield) | HP (10)64/64| F +12 R +12 W +11| Spells: 1: 4/4 2: 3/4 3: 3/4 4: 0/3 | SP: 2/2 | HeroPoint: 0/2

As part of the large group of Pahtfinder stands out a human male, handsome and extravagantly well dressed. His fine multicolored outfit, his big feathered hat and bright smile are in total contradiction with his cold eyes that sparks of electricity.

He moves gracefully into the room, his armor clinging lightly as he walks. He carries at his side a blade of Tian origin.

Horizon Hunters

N Female Changeling Necromancer 7 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 20 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +13 | Perc +11 | Speed 25
♥️ 69/71 | ☘️ 0/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Staff of Necromancy | ⚕ Mage Armor, False Life | Spells (Arcane, +15, DC 25): Cantrips (6), 1st (3/4), 2nd (3/4), 3rd (4/4), 4th (2/3)

The dead frost giant draws many eyes from the large group of Pathfinders as it walks forward. And why not? Though hunched it stands easily fourteen feet tall, and the smell of formaldehyde does more than enough to presage its arrival. Plus, passive zombies are not exactly a common occurence. But, for anyone truly paying attention, they would see that this zombie, whose name is Rhob, follows mindlessly behind its mistress.

That mistress is a short and slender woman with mismatched eyes, one violet and the other a very unusual red. Her clothing is in various shades of black, but is largely hidden by the voluminous robes and elven cloak that sits overtop it all. She holds a twisted and grim-looking staff that is adorned with hideous skull and bone motifs.

Completing her ensemble is a human skull, arcane runes carved all over the bone surface, that floats five feet off the ground. It moves with an obvious independence, chattering away at seemingly anyone who will listen.

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Ulfen Human Sailor Ranger 8 | HP 77/96| AC 26| Fort +14; Ref +19; Will +15 | Perc: +16 (+18 to Seek my target) | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 | Resistent to Fire 5 | cold iron arrows 30/48 Active conditions: clumsy 2, poisoned

A rugged Ulfen man in leathers, with blades and other weapons strapped to his waist, and a bow to his back is ready to go. He is sweating in the Mwangi heat... and humidity, obviously not comfortable.

"Evening, Morgan, is that a new friend?"

He checks his blades again, and then checks his healing kit, to make sure everything was in place.

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Female Changeling Necromancer 7 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 20 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +13 | Perc +11 | Speed 25
♥️ 69/71 | ☘️ 0/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Staff of Necromancy | ⚕ Mage Armor, False Life | Spells (Arcane, +15, DC 25): Cantrips (6), 1st (3/4), 2nd (3/4), 3rd (4/4), 4th (2/3)

Upon seeing Fafrd, she greets the man with an inclination of her head. When she speaks her tone is not warm, but it's also not not warm. "Hello, Grey Mouse. You're right, they are both new minions. The big guy I have named Rhob, though in life they were called Draguela the Phantom Stranger. Rhob is simpler."

"And after Asher perished, Arianrhod was unwilling to give me another cub. So instead I put my old mentor's skull to use. This is-"

The floating skull, who it quickly becomes apparent had been waiting eagerly to speak, jumps into the conversation. "Simril the Thriceborn, master of charms and enchantments. I would say that I am at your service, but that would be a lie: I am at the service of fair Morgan here. Mistress Titchwillow has bound me to her service and, honestly, why not? What else was I going to do? Anyhow, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Fafrd."

Morgan rolls her eyes, but says nothing in response to her familiar's commentary.

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Ulfen Human Sailor Ranger 8 | HP 77/96| AC 26| Fort +14; Ref +19; Will +15 | Perc: +16 (+18 to Seek my target) | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 | Resistent to Fire 5 | cold iron arrows 30/48 Active conditions: clumsy 2, poisoned

Fafrd just grins and nods, not quite understanding what is going on, or why, with Morgan and her … friends.

Vigilant Seal

Male, CN, Dwarf | HP 149/149 AC: 28| F: +19 R: +17, W: +17 (Bravery) | Perc: +18 (M, Darkvision)
Class Abilities:
Default Exploration: Search

"Wait a second WAIT A SECOND! The dead? Ye daft? There's literally a page in the durned book telling us to stay AWAY from flying skulls."


Season of Ghosts

**HOUSE GM ANNOUNCEMENT**

A small army of Pathfinders, you among them, wade ashore as the the Society’s expedition makes landfall. Venture-Captains and society faction leaders--many of them familiar to you--immediately begin directing Pathfinders in the myriad tasks that need to be done...
______________

Welcome to PFS #2-00 The King in Thorns! GMs, please begin the Introduction. Part 1 begins in 2 days, on March 8th.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

The Pathfinder Society expedition is making camp deep in the Mwangi Expanse. The group buzzes with energy. Pathfinders hurry around unpacking supplies, making repairs, and scribing scrolls. World map on Slide 1

The atmosphere is excited but tinged with trepidation. Venture-Captain Oraiah Tolal from Nirmathas takes the lead, ensuring everyone has an assignment and is working on it. A religious symbol of Alseta — goddess of doorways, portals, thresholds, and transitions — hangs from her neck, showing two faces in profile.

You — Bair Mann, Fafrd the Grey Mouse, Makai Goldenoak, Morgan Titchwillow, Ilmakis, and Iarann Thunderstriker — are the highest-ranking field agents on site. As you get to work on making preparations for the final push into the jungle, it's time to introduce yourself (or get reacquainted with old friends).

If you have not done so yet please introduce your character! Along with this intro, we will have skill checks. Please do ALL the checks that you want to when you post; we are looking for a success or critical on each check. PCs can Aid each other, but any PC who attempts to Aid can’t attempt their own check. I only need one of these for the party to earn an award, so if someone crits the DC on a particular check it's safe to skip. There is no penalty for failure or crit failure.

And what better way to meet new friends than bearing gifts!?

⚘ ⚘ ⚘

The Expedition Begins… with Chores!

The DC of all checks is 23. You can Aid, but if you do so you can't make your own check. You may read the spoilers before choosing. Only the highest check for each task counts, so try to spread out your successes.

Inventory (Nature, Society, Survival):
Verdant Wheel faction leader Urwal lays on the ground, making marks on a scroll that stretches over 10 feet long. “This is our supplies list. Everything from rations to ammunition to the mounts needed to transport it all with us. We need to ensure that we know where everything is. I’m not letting anyone try to forage while we’re traveling.”

Mapping (Nature, Survival, Perception):
Venture-Captain Bjersig Torrsen scrutinizes a map as his loyal dog, Mahki, lies by his feet. Mahki barks to alert Torrsen to approaching Pathfinders. He says, "I’m verifying all of our maps against what we can see from here. Landmarks can easily change. Why don’t you see if you can find any discrepancies?”

Magical Supplies (Arcana, Nature, Occultism, Religion):
Envoy’s Alliance faction leader Fola Barun directs a group of Pathfinders who are carefully blending magic and ingredients inside glass vials. “Come help us ensure that everyone is well supplied for this journey.”

Morale (Deception, Diplomacy, Performance):
Horizon Hunters faction leader Calisro Benarry waves the group over. “Some of the newer Pathfinders seem a little nervous about this mission. Can you cheer them up a bit? This is exciting, after all!”

Repairs (Athletics, Crafting, Guild Lore):
Venture-Captain Khoumrock Blackthane ensures that groups of smiths and carpenters accompanying the Pathfinders have everything they need. “A lot of this gear got damaged on the voyage over. We need to make sure that everything is in tip-top shape.”

Research (Nature, Society, Survival):
Radiant Oath faction leader Valais Durant oversees a small army of Pathfinders poring over books and scrolls. A few use magical methods to absorb information even faster. “Oh good, you’re here to help. I was able to get these reference materials from local institutions. There’s information on local plants, animals, and fey that I couldn’t get at home. We’re about to face a lot of dangers. Choose your favorite topic and start reading.”

Vigilant Seal

Male, CN, Dwarf | HP 149/149 AC: 28| F: +19 R: +17, W: +17 (Bravery) | Perc: +18 (M, Darkvision)
Class Abilities:
Default Exploration: Search

"It's undignified! I'm not an amphibian."

Vigilant Seal

Male, CN, Dwarf | HP 149/149 AC: 28| F: +19 R: +17, W: +17 (Bravery) | Perc: +18 (M, Darkvision)
Class Abilities:
Default Exploration: Search

A dwarf with a luxurious beard and hair that blends into a single mane claps those he knows with a meaty hand. A smile splits the hair revealing some unreasonably pearly unreasonable whites. He holds his axe like a loved one (with a poorly written message on its haft.)

"I think I know ye all." Iarann says walking a wide circle around Morgan's entourage. "Kamil Durus? Not sure I've meet ye. Pleasure. Iarann Thunderstriker and the ONE TRUE ZANDERAL at your service."

Mapping Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27 "Maps! Bring'em over here. I'll tell yeah ....what? TORAG'S TAINT? THERE ARE NO TAVERNS LABELED ANYWHERE!"

Repairs Athletics: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39 "Gimme here! I'll show you. Oi! You, squire, I'm going to need a hefty supply of spikes."

Research Athletics: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26 "Look, I got a rep to uphold, and I don't want anyone to know, but ummmm gimme some of those books."

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Ulfen Human Sailor Ranger 8 | HP 77/96| AC 26| Fort +14; Ref +19; Will +15 | Perc: +16 (+18 to Seek my target) | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 | Resistent to Fire 5 | cold iron arrows 30/48 Active conditions: clumsy 2, poisoned

"Well, if it need be done, might as well do it right, I always say."

Survival: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Fafrd makes quick work of going through the inventories for Urwahl.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
While he figures that Iarann is going to want to turn this into a competition, he just does his job. However, he does point out some discrepancies in the maps.

Nature: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
He then uses his knowledge of the natural world to help with magical supplies.

Then he helps out Calisro. "Pathfinders. While we are likely going to face some tough challenges, remember that we have a strong support network here, and if things get too bad, you can always run!"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

He then helps out hauling supplies around for the repairs.
Athletics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Finally, he again relies on his knowledge of the natural world, which is an odd thing for a city person like himself, but he does have interests. However, this time, he is distracted, horribly.
Nature: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

Iarann

Iarann is successful helping with Mapping and researh, and he gets all the supplies possible for Blackthane. Crit Success! You can all skip this one now.

Fafrd

Fafrd helps with several items, making progress on Inventory especially, finding extra items that weren't properly cataloged. Unfortunately, his efforts to boost morale and learn more about nature do not go so well.

⚘ ⚘ ⚘

The Expedition Begins… with Chores!

Roll a check on any of the following tasks that have not got a crit success yet, and earn the party free loot!

____
Tasks and Status:

Inventory (DC 23 Nature, Society, Survival): Success
Mapping (DC 23 Nature, Survival, Perception): Success
Magical Supplies (DC 23 Arcana, Nature, Occultism, Religion): Succcess
Morale (DC 23 Deception, Diplomacy, Performance): x
Repairs (DC 23 Athletics, Crafting, Guild Lore): Crit Success; complete
Research (DC 23 Nature, Society, Survival): x

____
Bold is up:

Iarann
Makai
Kamil
Morgan
Bair
Fafrd

Horizon Hunters

N Female Changeling Necromancer 7 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 20 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +13 | Perc +11 | Speed 25
♥️ 69/71 | ☘️ 0/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Staff of Necromancy | ⚕ Mage Armor, False Life | Spells (Arcane, +15, DC 25): Cantrips (6), 1st (3/4), 2nd (3/4), 3rd (4/4), 4th (2/3)

Fafrd is a familiar face to Morgan, and Iarann is too. Morgan shares a few words with each, though it's obvious that she's not one for pleasantries. He introductions to the others are simple and polite enough. "I am Morgan Titchwillow. You can probably expect Simril and I to share what needs to be understood if magic is involved. Rhob is muscle, but his job is to protect me."

Inventory - Society: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
She looks over the inventory, but finds the task to be beneath her. "Most of this is useless, and the rest can be conjured with the appropriate spell, no?"

Mapping - Nature: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Morgan gives a cursory glance over the maps. "These seem to be in order."

Magical Supplies - Arcana: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36
This task is one that Morgan feels deserves her skill. She quickly mixes ingredients to make a variety of elixirs, potions and other magical tools. "Perfect."

Morale - Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Morgan shares a handful of words, meaning to raise spirits. But the presence of a giant zombie is off-putting to most.

Research - Society: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Morgan quickly becomes annoyed by the tomes related to the fey, finding what's there to be either basic or highly untrustworthy.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

Morgan has a tough time all around but absolutely murders the elixir-mixing. Crit! Max rewards, no need to roll the MAgical Supplies anymore.

⚘ ⚘ ⚘

The Expedition Begins… with Chores!

Roll a check on any of the following tasks that have not got a crit success yet, and earn the party free loot!

____
Tasks and Status:

Inventory (DC 23 Nature, Society, Survival): Success
Mapping (DC 23 Nature, Survival, Perception): Success
Magical Supplies (DC 23 Arcana, Nature, Occultism, Religion): : Crit Success; complete
Morale (DC 23 Deception, Diplomacy, Performance): x
Repairs (DC 23 Athletics, Crafting, Guild Lore): Crit Success; complete
Research (DC 23 Nature, Society, Survival): x

____
Bold is up:

Iarann
Makai
Kamil
Morgan
Bair
Fafrd

Grand Archive

Human Sorcerer (rogue) 7 | AC 25 (26 wShield) | HP (10)64/64| F +12 R +12 W +11| Spells: 1: 4/4 2: 3/4 3: 3/4 4: 0/3 | SP: 2/2 | HeroPoint: 0/2

With a flourished bow a male human presents himself. Greetings! I'm Bronz... I'm Patfhinder Agent Kamil Durus, Connoisseur of both Arts and Blade.

Being clearly of chelaxian heritage Kamil, strangely, has the tan skin of people more accustomed to jungle and sun than a Cheliaxian climate and seems quite at ease here.

Kamil helps with the inventory
Inventory (Society): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
I think you've misplaced this and forgot to add this for the mission in a jungle

Mapping (Survival): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
He helps in the mapping process but not more than his comrades.

Moral (Perform): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Kamil entertains his comrades by telling stories about their previous victory in the Mwangi expanse, notably against the Aspis Consortium.

Research (Society): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Despite his help, Kamil is unable to find any reliable information for their mission.

Vigilant Seal

NG Female Dwarf (Anvil Dwarf) Cleric 7 | HP 87/87 | AC 26(28 w shield) | F +14 R +10 (+3 Bulwark) W +14 | Perc +14 (Darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 25 ft. | Heal 3/3 | Spell slots 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/3 4th 2/2 | Hero Point 2 | Active Conditions: Mind of menace

Inventory, Nature, DC23: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Mapping, Perception, DC23: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Morale, Diplomacy, DC23: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Research, Nature: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

Makai heads to the preparation, Torag do not approve of inferior works, so she gets on them. A sight of Morgan with a throng of undead do surprise her, but she saw more odd things in her life.

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 8 | Exploration Mode: Search (Perception +12) | HP 138 (-0) Temp 11 or 7 (+0), Falls -25 ft then halved) | AC 26, Sleeping 24 (rarely FF) | F/R/W +17/+13/+12 (3 Resist Evil, Feat vs. Fear/Sickness, Juggernaut, 1 Cold/Electr Res) | Perc +12 (Battle Cry, Darkvision) | Speed 30 | Hero Points: 1/1 (boon) | Active Conditions: NA

GM, thank you very much for the regular updates on the skill checks. It makes it a lot easier to manage these blocks of checks as a player.

The big guy steps to the side when the assignments are given and is seen speaking with a bow wielding half-orc for a while. Eventually, the half orc wanders off and starts going through supplies.

Bair comes back to the group, "That's Danyuh, hired him ta do stuffs I ehn't gud at."

Survival (E) Inventory: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 (Hireling)

The unusually large goblinoid brushes his hair back. It springs almost unnaturally back into perfect form before he speaks again, "Aight, bettah go look around."

Perception (E) Mapping: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

He seems a bit dejected, then looks around and realises the state of things in the camp. Pointing up at the giant ice zombie he exlaims, "Dat ting has a gold coin behind its eah!" It clearly doesn't. But the big man is adamant and takes a running jump to snatch... a gold coin from behind Rhob's ear.

Deception (T) Morale: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

After a fair chuckle from anyone watching, Bair continues 'playing' with the zombie.

And then 'Danyuh' comes back with his report, handing it smartly in directly to the command crew instead of the distracted goblin. But sadly, Bair sees him and rushes over, "Danyuh! I goddanudder job fer ya. Its borin, readin an stuff."

Survival (E) Research: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 (Hireling)


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

Kamil
Kamil, comfortable here in the jungle, performs the tasks admirably. In particular, he bolsters the morale of nervous agents with tales against the Aspis Consortium. Moved Morale up to a success!

Makai
Morag succeeds at all her chosen tasks; Torag knows some Pathfinders can be lazy about research nit not her! Moved Research up to a success!

Bair
Danyuh excels at counting in Inventory, while Bair does a leap and finds a gold coin behind Rhob's ear! love it! Success

______
PREPARATION REWARDS

Final Tally of Successes/Crit Successes

Inventory: Success
Mapping: Success
Magical Supplies: Crit Succcess
Morale]: Success
Repairs Crit Success
Research: Success

REWARDS

I have added a worksheet to Slide 1 — please fill out your choices there; we'll track resources there too.

Inventory Reward
Each of you receives a moderate elixir of life, as Urwal finds that the Society packed in excess for the potentially dangerous mission.

Magical Supplies Reward
Barun and her team make an abundance of materials. Each PC receives their choice of a barkskin potion or a potion of leaping.

Each PC also receives their choice of a young dragon’s breath potion, moderate potion of resistance, or standard potion of flying.

Mapping Reward
Torrsen shares his information. You receive a survey map for one encounter of your choice in Part 1. [ooc]The maps include: Mushroom Ring, a river gorge, a cliffside trail, a field with fallen trees, and a forested river. Pick one and let me know.

Morale Reward:
The neophyte Pathfinders are in much better spirits for the journey ahead and can lend the PCs a hand. Once during the adventure, each PC can receive a +1 circumstance bonus to one skill check or attack roll, representing the fellow Pathfinder succeeding at a check to Aid them. The PC must decide to use this benefit before rolling.

Repairs Reward
Each PC receives three pieces of nonmagical low-grade cold iron ammunition from the Core Rulebook.

You also get a single non-magical low-grade cold iron simple or martial weapon from the CRB, or 10 more pieces of ammo.

Research Reward:
The background information helps you readily identify threats during the journey. You thoroughly reviewed the information provided by Valais Durant. Once during this adventure, each PC can gain a +2 circumstance bonus to any single check to Recall Knowledge.

______
AID TOKENS

As you finalize your preparations, it is time to assist your fellows.

Each table beings with four Aid Tokens. We can pass one token to other tables any time during each part of the special. Before passing a token, one PC at the table can perform a particular action to boost the effect. The table can attempt an action to boost an Aid Token only once.

Please see Slide 2 for the Aid Tokens rules.

Please choose a token now and attempt to boose it. For PbP Specials we have let the GM decide as they can see who needs them, but let me know if you prefer a certain tier. Here us a screenshot of the special's tables; no one has received a token yet.

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Sorcerer (rogue) 7 | AC 25 (26 wShield) | HP (10)64/64| F +12 R +12 W +11| Spells: 1: 4/4 2: 3/4 3: 3/4 4: 0/3 | SP: 2/2 | HeroPoint: 0/2

Kamil proposes to boost the moral of his comrades! Boosting Timely Inspiration

Perform: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34

Vigilant Seal

Male, CN, Dwarf | HP 149/149 AC: 28| F: +19 R: +17, W: +17 (Bravery) | Perc: +18 (M, Darkvision)
Class Abilities:
Default Exploration: Search

"OI! If there's ONE place I'd prefer not to be blind-sided, it's a place with "cliff" in the title. I knew a man named Cliff once, bad luck that one.
Let's get us a map for that."


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

The Charismatic Connoisseur of both Arts and Blade encourages his allies — they'll remember his words when the time is right! Will log this info in the OOC discussion here.

Iarann chooses the map with the cliff. Added a "Survey Maps" section wit the relevant map to the slides.

Vigilant Seal

NG Female Dwarf (Anvil Dwarf) Cleric 7 | HP 87/87 | AC 26(28 w shield) | F +14 R +10 (+3 Bulwark) W +14 | Perc +14 (Darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 25 ft. | Heal 3/3 | Spell slots 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/3 4th 2/2 | Hero Point 2 | Active Conditions: Mind of menace

Makai collects cold-iron shield spikes and attach them to her shield.

"We should get prepared"

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 8 | Exploration Mode: Search (Perception +12) | HP 138 (-0) Temp 11 or 7 (+0), Falls -25 ft then halved) | AC 26, Sleeping 24 (rarely FF) | F/R/W +17/+13/+12 (3 Resist Evil, Feat vs. Fear/Sickness, Juggernaut, 1 Cold/Electr Res) | Perc +12 (Battle Cry, Darkvision) | Speed 30 | Hero Points: 1/1 (boon) | Active Conditions: NA

The muscle bound goblin selects a barkskin potion, a potion of flying, a cold iron javelin and three items of cold iron ammunition that someone else could use, as he prefers javelins if forced to throw stuff.

”Dat was easeh. Dat all we doin? Campin stuff?


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

While you wait for your fellow pathfinders to get ready, you can choose which area to visit first. While we finalize choices and wait for part 2 to begin, let's review this. These choices were revealed in order for you to choose your survey map anyway. 2 votes and we go to that destination first.

Encounter Areas:

A. The Mushroom Ring
B. It Talks!
C. Befuddled pathfinders (Cliff Map)
D. Murderous Plants
E. Chart a Course
F. Disguised Forces

Horizon Hunters

N Female Changeling Necromancer 7 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 20 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +13 | Perc +11 | Speed 25
♥️ 69/71 | ☘️ 0/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Staff of Necromancy | ⚕ Mage Armor, False Life | Spells (Arcane, +15, DC 25): Cantrips (6), 1st (3/4), 2nd (3/4), 3rd (4/4), 4th (2/3)

Morgan's Items:
moderate elixir of life, potion of barkskin, potion of flying, and 3 cold iron arrows. Plus the usual healing potion

"I'm curious about the mushroom ring. We should go there first."

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Ulfen Human Sailor Ranger 8 | HP 77/96| AC 26| Fort +14; Ref +19; Will +15 | Perc: +16 (+18 to Seek my target) | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 | Resistent to Fire 5 | cold iron arrows 30/48 Active conditions: clumsy 2, poisoned

Fafrd grabs 13 cold iron arrows. ”If anyone else could grab some, that would be great!

I am assuming we get 18 cold iron arrows, total, plus the extra 10 I take instead of a weapon. If anyone is willing to grab more, I’d appreciate it. If you would operate to keep your own, I will understand, just let me know.

He then grabs a moderate elixir of life, a potion of leaping, and a potion of fly.

He also gets two lesser healing potions for his school consumables, just in case they are pressured for time when needing healing.

”I suspect we will need to check out each place, so that would be as good as any. ”

Grand Archive

Human Sorcerer (rogue) 7 | AC 25 (26 wShield) | HP (10)64/64| F +12 R +12 W +11| Spells: 1: 4/4 2: 3/4 3: 3/4 4: 0/3 | SP: 2/2 | HeroPoint: 0/2

Kamil nods to Fafrd and takes the cold iron arrows having already his cold iron weapon.

so +13 cold iron arrows for Fafrd
I'm ok with the Mushroom map

Vigilant Seal

NG Female Dwarf (Anvil Dwarf) Cleric 7 | HP 87/87 | AC 26(28 w shield) | F +14 R +10 (+3 Bulwark) W +14 | Perc +14 (Darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 25 ft. | Heal 3/3 | Spell slots 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/3 4th 2/2 | Hero Point 2 | Active Conditions: Mind of menace

Makai passes the 3 cold iron arrows to Fafrd "I don't expect to practice my skills with bow, so here you are."

She thinks about the options "Sure mushrooms sound as good as any other."

Horizon Hunters

N Female Changeling Necromancer 7 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 20 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +13 | Perc +11 | Speed 25
♥️ 69/71 | ☘️ 0/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Staff of Necromancy | ⚕ Mage Armor, False Life | Spells (Arcane, +15, DC 25): Cantrips (6), 1st (3/4), 2nd (3/4), 3rd (4/4), 4th (2/3)

Morgan also hands over the cold iron arrows she gets. "I have no need for these. And with luck, neither will you. Of course, we both know that is unlikely to be the case."
+13 arrows to Fafrd

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Ulfen Human Sailor Ranger 8 | HP 77/96| AC 26| Fort +14; Ref +19; Will +15 | Perc: +16 (+18 to Seek my target) | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 | Resistent to Fire 5 | cold iron arrows 30/48 Active conditions: clumsy 2, poisoned

”Great. Thanks. Just everyone let me know if they need any. ”

that’s a lot of cold iron arrows. I’d be surprised if I used them all, but let’s find out!

Vigilant Seal

Male, CN, Dwarf | HP 149/149 AC: 28| F: +19 R: +17, W: +17 (Bravery) | Perc: +18 (M, Darkvision)
Class Abilities:
Default Exploration: Search

"Oi. Some mushrooms sound delicious. I agreed. Let's go."


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

Unlike many other Pathfinders you make your choices with confidence, a decisiveness that's rooted in experience. Great job getting through these exercises quickly and efficiently, everyone!

The Beatsticks and Casters load up their ranger friend with cold iron arrows. At least 42 so far but who's counting!?

You make preparations to head to the Mushroom ring!

I believe house GM moves us on tomorrow between 2-3PM GMT, so look for a post around then (which is 6-7 AM here on the West Coast of America).


Season of Ghosts

**HOUSE GM ANNOUNCEMENT**

Everyone gathers around a makeshift stage as the sun starts to slip below the horizon. Pathfinders whisper to each other in anticipation.

Venture-Captain Oraiah Tolal addresses the group. “Pathfinders, our expedition begins tomorrow. We have a day’s travel to reach the site where we will find the Door of Seasons. The founders of our Society may have been unable to reach the realm that lies beyond this magical gateway, but we have something they lacked.” The Venture-Captain holds a verdant crown aloft. “This is the Perennial Crown, an artifact that will serve as the key to opening the door. I hope that Alseta will bless us as we find this doorway to a new place. From what we’ve been able to gather, there’s a demiplane on the other side. The demiplane and the crown alike are closely tied to the Thorned Monarch, Qxal, an evil fey who once terrorized this region. The Pathfinders who recovered this crown faced steep opposition from the Monarch, and I have no doubt they will defend the Door of Seasons even more fiercely. Be wary any fey you see along the way; they are likely to be working for Qxal. Stay in groups of four or more for safety and help each other. Make any final preparations that you require and get a good night’s sleep; your next few nights will be on the trail. We leave an hour after dawn.”

Day breaks, and the excitement around the camp is too high to allow any Pathfinder to oversleep. Agents perform morning rituals, eat breakfast, and take a final look through maps and plans. Venture-Captain Oraiah Tolal gathers everyone together one last time. “I know that we’ve prepared well. We’re going to stop this Thorned Monarch. I have a small gift for each of you: a signal whistle with an engraving of the Perennial Crown. Use it to signal your fellow Pathfinders if you need help. And now, into the wilderness!”
______________

Table GMs, please begin Part 1.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

You head out into the forest…

Traveling Skill Checks:
Iarann Thunderstriker's Perception (M): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
Makai Goldenoak's Perception (E): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Bair's Perception (E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Morgan's Perception (T): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Kamil Durus's Perception (T): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Fafrd the Grey Mouse's Perception (M): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34

Iarann and Fafrd find the way to Mushrooms easily, taking you out of the sweltering sections of sun and into a cool, damp region of the jungle that's overgrown with fungi.

In the middle of a small pond, a ring of large toadstools glows with slight magical energy. Morgan detects this as a source of conjuration magic!

It must be some sort of portal! As you step closer, the ground inside wobbles, appearing almost translucent, as if it were possible to step right through it. Your proximity has activated this hazard — who knows what it'll summon! As I read it the hazard activates when you enter the map, so we go into initiative.

Kamil knows you can disable it with thievery, while Bair, Makai, and Fafrd think messing with the arrangement of mushrooms could disrupt the energies. Finally, Morgan knows she could dispel it. To disable: Thievery DC 24 (expert), Nature DC 28 (trained), or dispel the effect (4th level, counteract DC 26). More than one success will be needed to close the portal. Each attempt is a 2-action activity.

The squares with mushrooms and with water are difficult terrain.

Initiative:
Iarann Thunderstriker's Initiative Using Search: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29
Makai Goldenoak's Initiative Using Scout: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Bair's Initiative Using Search, Battle Cry free Demoralize: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Morgan's Initiative Using Detect Magic: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Kamil Durus's Initiative Using Avoid Notice / Deception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Fafrd the Grey Mouse's Initiative Using Search (Scout's Warning): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
-- Nothing for Bair to intimidate.
Shrooms: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31

Fafrd gets the drop on the portal!

⚘ ⚘ ⚘
Mushrooms Sound Delicious… Are They, Though!? Round 1

Terrain: Squares with mushrooms and with water are difficult terrain.
To disable hazard: DC 24 Theivery (E), DC 28 Nature (T), Dispel DC 26 (4)

Battlemap

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
➤ Fafrd (96/96 HP)
Portal (-0 HP)
Iarann (145/145 HP)
Kamil (64/64 HP)
Morgan (71/71 HP) │ 10 temp hp
⠀⠀Rhob (87/87 HP)
Makai (87/87 HP)
Bair (138/138 HP) │ Diehard

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Ulfen Human Sailor Ranger 8 | HP 77/96| AC 26| Fort +14; Ref +19; Will +15 | Perc: +16 (+18 to Seek my target) | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 | Resistent to Fire 5 | cold iron arrows 30/48 Active conditions: clumsy 2, poisoned

Fafrd moves up and tries to disable to the hazard, knowing any fight avoided is a good fight.
Thievery(E): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23

if that was a failure:

I offer this hero point in the name of victory

Thievery(E): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

Fafrd disables the mushroom ring, taking a moment to look again and finding an optimal way to twist the 'shrooms! Unfortunately, the portal is weakened, but not destroyed yet! Crit success after spending hero point! However I need more…

The portal shimmers… a strange, fey feline that resembles a bobcat steps forth. Its forms ripples with heat; its eyes glow with tiny, flickering flames. The pungent scent of rotting leaves smoldering in a bonfire clings to their fur.

”MurrrrOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWRRRRRR!”

The angry cinder-feline pounces at Fafrd!

Pounce & Bite: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
P: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 4) + 8 = 16
Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Claws: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 16 - 4 = 29
S: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 2) + 8 = 16

It leaves the ranger singed and bleeding, and then then it moves back, getting ready to pounce again…

The portal shimmers again… from beyond you can almost hear a ghostly Mrrrrwwwwwoooowwwrrrr…

⚘ ⚘ ⚘
Mushrooms Sound Delicious… Are They, Though!? Round 1-2

Terrain: Squares with mushrooms and with water are difficult terrain.
To disable hazard: 2-action DC 24 Theivery (E), 2-action DC 28 Nature (T), Dispel DC 26 (4)

Battlemap

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
➤ Fafrd (61/96 HP)
Portal (-0 HP) │ 2 disable successes
Fire-Bobcat 1 (-0 HP)
➤ Iarann (145/145 HP)
➤ Kamil (64/64 HP)
➤ Morgan (71/71 HP) │ 10 temp hp
⠀⠀➤ Rhob (87/87 HP)
➤ Makai (87/87 HP)
➤ Bair (138/138 HP) │ Diehard

──────────
RECALL KNOWLEDGE:
──────────

DC 22 (Nature, Fey (-2)) on Fire-Kitty:
This is an Elananx, a fey with fire aspects. It's famous for dispersing in a loud of cinders when damaged by a hostile source!
DC 32 (crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 24 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
Weak to Cold Iron 5.

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Ulfen Human Sailor Ranger 8 | HP 77/96| AC 26| Fort +14; Ref +19; Will +15 | Perc: +16 (+18 to Seek my target) | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 | Resistent to Fire 5 | cold iron arrows 30/48 Active conditions: clumsy 2, poisoned

"Ow! Get the kitty while I disable this thing!"

Thievery(E): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31

He then takes his third action to Hunt Prey.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

Fafrd quickly makes more progress on the hazard, but still hears a faint yowl from the other side. Almost there!

⚘ ⚘ ⚘
Mushrooms Sound Delicious… Are They, Though!? Round 1-2

Terrain: Squares with mushrooms and with water are difficult terrain.
To disable hazard: 2-action DC 24 Theivery (E), 2-action DC 28 Nature (T), Dispel DC 26 (4)

Battlemap

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
Fafrd (61/96 HP)
Portal (-0 HP) │ 3 disable successes
Fire-Bobcat 1 (-0 HP) │ Hunted by Fafrd
➤ Iarann (145/145 HP)
➤ Kamil (64/64 HP)
➤ Morgan (71/71 HP) │ 10 temp hp
⠀⠀➤ Rhob (87/87 HP)
➤ Makai (87/87 HP)
➤ Bair (138/138 HP) │ Diehard

──────────
RECALL KNOWLEDGE:
──────────

DC 22 (Nature, Fey (-2)) on Fire-Kitty:
This is an Elananx, a fey with fire aspects. It's famous for dispersing in a loud of cinders when damaged by a hostile source!
DC 32 (crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 24 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
Weak to Cold Iron 5.

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Sorcerer (rogue) 7 | AC 25 (26 wShield) | HP (10)64/64| F +12 R +12 W +11| Spells: 1: 4/4 2: 3/4 3: 3/4 4: 0/3 | SP: 2/2 | HeroPoint: 0/2

Kamil moves, calls for his ancestral blood for protection then make a show of swordsmanship to impress the kitty!

Kyai!

Intimidation: 1d20 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 18 + 1 = 21

(◆) Stride
(◆) Shield (+1 AC)
(◆) Intimidation (Intimidating Prowess)

Vigilant Seal

NG Female Dwarf (Anvil Dwarf) Cleric 7 | HP 87/87 | AC 26(28 w shield) | F +14 R +10 (+3 Bulwark) W +14 | Perc +14 (Darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 25 ft. | Heal 3/3 | Spell slots 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/3 4th 2/2 | Hero Point 2 | Active Conditions: Mind of menace

Makai moves slowly towards the creature, she puts her feet carefully to not slip in the water, as she walks she slams her hammer into the shield to catch creatures attention.

When she is closeby she strike her hammer

Hammer@bobcat 1, ghost-touch: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35 Crit spec: knockdown
Damage, bludgeoning: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 = 9

She swings her hammer rather precisely catching the cat with a solid blow.

Double move + strike, when we move around Makai would walk with her weapons drawn,

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 8 | Exploration Mode: Search (Perception +12) | HP 138 (-0) Temp 11 or 7 (+0), Falls -25 ft then halved) | AC 26, Sleeping 24 (rarely FF) | F/R/W +17/+13/+12 (3 Resist Evil, Feat vs. Fear/Sickness, Juggernaut, 1 Cold/Electr Res) | Perc +12 (Battle Cry, Darkvision) | Speed 30 | Hero Points: 1/1 (boon) | Active Conditions: NA

Bair does not walk with weapons drawn, preferring to chose one of his two best depending upon the foe. This one looks like it bleeds, so the choice is obvious. Rushing into combat he drops the head of the blades polearm low and slashes up at the Fey kitty, aiming for arteries.

+1 Wounding Striking Silver Halberd: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33 for Slashing/Silver + W.S.: 2d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8, 5) + 4 + 2 = 19 (hit adds 1d6 persistent bleed, crit adds 1d12), interact then sudden charge to get the attack off

AoO if any enemies provoke:
+1 Wounding Striking Silver Halberd: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22 for Slashing/Silver + W.S.: 2d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 + 2 = 8 (hit adds 1d6 persistent bleed, crit adds 1d12)


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

The kitty merely swishes its tail at Kamil's sword, perhaps thinking he is getting ready to play a game. Failure; I think you suspected that after rolling a 2

Makai moves in and brutally clobbers the klitty. It yowls in pain and surprise and then explodes into a giant cloud of hot cinders!

This will change Bair's turn; the creature cannot be targeted while in ash cloud form and anyone ending their turn in the cloud takes 2d6 fire. This includes Makai. No Save.

Makai chokes in surprise, inhaling forge-hot ash. Fire: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9

⚘ ⚘ ⚘
Exploding Bobcats Round 1-2

Terrain: Squares with mushrooms and with water are difficult terrain.
To disable hazard: 2-action DC 24 Theivery (E), 2-action DC 28 Nature (T), Dispel DC 26 (4)

Battlemap

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
Fafrd (61/96 HP)
Portal (-0 HP) │ 3 disable successes
Fire-Bobcat 1 (-18 HP) │ Hunted by Fafrd, Cinder-cloud form (cannot be targeted)
➤ Iarann (145/145 HP)
Kamil (64/64 HP) │ Shield
➤ Morgan (71/71 HP) │ 10 temp hp
⠀⠀➤ Rhob (87/87 HP)
Makai (78/87 HP)
➤ Bair (138/138 HP) │ Diehard

──────────
RECALL KNOWLEDGE:
──────────

DC 22 (Nature, Fey (-2)) on Fire-Kitty:
This is an Elananx, a fey with fire aspects. It's famous for dispersing in a loud of cinders when damaged by a hostile source!
DC 32 (crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 24 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
Weak to Cold Iron 5.

Vigilant Seal

Male, CN, Dwarf | HP 149/149 AC: 28| F: +19 R: +17, W: +17 (Bravery) | Perc: +18 (M, Darkvision)
Class Abilities:
Default Exploration: Search

"QUIT PUFFIN AROUND YE WEE KITTEH!"

Iarann moves in to where he thinks the kitty cat will go back to being a cat, he then stands there with his axe held eye. The cinders burn his bears and the embers make his wide grin glow, "PSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPS!"

Readied Action:

ATK: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37 for DMG if hit: 2d12 + 7 ⇒ (3, 11) + 7 = 21 and Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Fire DMG: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5 HP: 140/145

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 8 | Exploration Mode: Search (Perception +12) | HP 138 (-0) Temp 11 or 7 (+0), Falls -25 ft then halved) | AC 26, Sleeping 24 (rarely FF) | F/R/W +17/+13/+12 (3 Resist Evil, Feat vs. Fear/Sickness, Juggernaut, 1 Cold/Electr Res) | Perc +12 (Battle Cry, Darkvision) | Speed 30 | Hero Points: 1/1 (boon) | Active Conditions: NA

The brute instead just moves up to the edge of the shrooms, pulls out his fancy polearm and waits, thinking about that kitty.

Nature (T) to Recall: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

Iarann steps in and breathes deep the hot ash before readying a strike.

Bair moves forward and draws his polearm, but the nature of cinder-cats eludes him.

Morgan is up!

Horizon Hunters

N Female Changeling Necromancer 7 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 20 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +13 | Perc +11 | Speed 25
♥️ 69/71 | ☘️ 0/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Staff of Necromancy | ⚕ Mage Armor, False Life | Spells (Arcane, +15, DC 25): Cantrips (6), 1st (3/4), 2nd (3/4), 3rd (4/4), 4th (2/3)

Morgan considers the situation, irritated that the flaming bobcat as become a cloud of cinders. She tries to recall what she might know of this thing, however dubious her sources might be...
Nature to Recall Knowledge (w/Dubious Knowledge): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
... and comes up empty. Of course

"Forward, Rhob. But not too close," She commands the giant zombie behind her, who lumbers forward. It stops just shy of the cloud.

She speaks an arcane word, erecting an invisible shield of force to protect her. "I'm guessing it won't stay that way forever."
Recall Knowledge, Command an AnimalUndead, Cast Shield


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

Morgan believes these are the rare Elena-X, big cats whose scent glands can be harvested to make lovely perfumes.

______

The portal flashes… another fire-bobcat pads forth and pounces into action!

Seeing concealed creatures inside the ash cloud it chooses to pounce Bair! The barbarian is ready, and swings his halberd —

Bair AOO, Wounding Striking Silver Halberd: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
for Slashing/Silver + W.S.: 2d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 + 2 = 13

— missing by a whisker.

Pounce & Bite: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
P: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 5) + 8 = 16
Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Claws: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 16 - 4 = 32
S: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 5) + 8 = 16 Coubled to 32

It slashed the goblin in the femoral but nonetheless then pads back, afraid of this goblin who's so fast with his polarm.

______

The smoke vanishes in a wink, and the original kitty appears next to Iarann. The dwarf absolutely CLOBBERS it! Axe crit specialization does nothing for you here, as far as I understand it.

Bloodies but bndeterred the cat bites, claws… and slinks away hissing and matted with blood.

Bite: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
P: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 6) + 8 = 18
Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Claws: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 16 - 4 = 14
S: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 5) + 8 = 16 Doubled to 32

______

Again, you hear a kitty yowling from beyond the portal…

⚘ ⚘ ⚘
Exploding Bobcats Round 2-3

Terrain: Squares with mushrooms and with water are difficult terrain.
To disable hazard: 2-action DC 24 Theivery (E), 2-action DC 28 Nature (T), Dispel DC 26 (4)

Battlemap

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
➤ Fafrd (61/96 HP)
Portal (-0 HP) │ 3 disable successes
Fire-Bobcat 2 (-45 HP) │ Annoying Reaction Available (1st damage)
Fire-Bobcat 1 (-18 HP) │ Annoying reaction used, Hunted by Fafrd
➤ Iarann (140/145 HP)
➤ Kamil (64/64 HP) │ Shield
➤ Morgan (71/71 HP) │ 10 temp hp
⠀⠀➤ Rhob (87/87 HP)
➤ Makai (78/87 HP)
➤ Bair (106/138 HP) │ Diehard

──────────
RECALL KNOWLEDGE:
──────────

DC 22 (Nature, Fey (-2)) on Fire-Kitty:
This is an Elananx, a fey with fire aspects. It's famous for dispersing in a loud of cinders when damaged by a hostile source!
DC 32 (crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 24 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
Weak to Cold Iron 5.

151 to 200 of 412 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's King in Thorns (Tier 7-8; Outpost VI) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
101 to 117 of 117 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points
Kamil Durus wrote:

But fails... as usual.

I feel so useless in this fight.

Kamil you have 1 hero point left. (Nt sure it would have helped here, but there are there to use!)

You guys also have a token to make all. enemies flat flanked for a round.

Yeah, this is a TOUGH fight. I'm also not pulling any punches.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 8 | Exploration Mode: Search (Perception +12) | HP 138 (-0) Temp 11 or 7 (+0), Falls -25 ft then halved) | AC 26, Sleeping 24 (rarely FF) | F/R/W +17/+13/+12 (3 Resist Evil, Feat vs. Fear/Sickness, Juggernaut, 1 Cold/Electr Res) | Perc +12 (Battle Cry, Darkvision) | Speed 30 | Hero Points: 1/1 (boon) | Active Conditions: NA

It feels as though some of our earlier fights went really well due to some rocking good rolls. And this fight we have seen very few 20’s and a LOT from the enemy.

My RNG hasn’t been as bad as when I was kidnapped, but it hasn’t been good. And some of you all have been downright dark comedy bad.

And final bosses generally are super strong. I built Bair to be able to soak 1-2 rounds of boss attacks, and he is actually still up so I’m thrilled. Just keep chipping away! The boss HP has been going down steadily the last two rounds, we got dis!


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

Bair don;t forget you have a hero point left.

If you want to reroll that attack go for it. I know the tracker was confusing for you.

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 8 | Exploration Mode: Search (Perception +12) | HP 138 (-0) Temp 11 or 7 (+0), Falls -25 ft then halved) | AC 26, Sleeping 24 (rarely FF) | F/R/W +17/+13/+12 (3 Resist Evil, Feat vs. Fear/Sickness, Juggernaut, 1 Cold/Electr Res) | Perc +12 (Battle Cry, Darkvision) | Speed 30 | Hero Points: 1/1 (boon) | Active Conditions: NA

Thanks but I’m saving it. If I go down, I can burn a HP to get back to 1 HP and be back up without intervention.

Granted, after that heal I feel a lot more confident in surviving. But I also feel confident in my teammates! Go get ‘em!!!

I may reconsider if another turn passes. And if we fail the fight due to time reasons, I’ll feel slightly bad but am willing to take the consequences of such.

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Ulfen Human Sailor Ranger 8 | HP 77/96| AC 26| Fort +14; Ref +19; Will +15 | Perc: +16 (+18 to Seek my target) | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 | Resistent to Fire 5 | cold iron arrows 30/48 Active conditions: clumsy 2, poisoned

Doesn’t work like that.

hero points wrote:
Spend all your Hero Points (minimum 1) to avoid death. You can do this when your dying condition would increase. You lose the dying condition entirely and stabilize with 0 Hit Points. You don't gain the wounded condition or increase its value from losing the dying condition in this way, but if you already had that condition, you don't lose it or decrease its value.

Plus we have healers and medics.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

We'll hold off till the end; there are 11/12 successes so we should be wrapping up tonight.

This was my 156th GM’d scenario & 10th Special, and I have my reviews complete. I'll be submitting my audit to Paizo for my 5th glyph ponce it's reported. Thanks for being here everyone! I know there was some frustration from the dice, but it was an epic battle.

Grand Archive

Human Sorcerer (rogue) 7 | AC 25 (26 wShield) | HP (10)64/64| F +12 R +12 W +11| Spells: 1: 4/4 2: 3/4 3: 3/4 4: 0/3 | SP: 2/2 | HeroPoint: 0/2

No worry about frustration, it's part of the game. You did a great tremendous job!

THANKS!

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Female Dwarf (Anvil Dwarf) Cleric 7 | HP 87/87 | AC 26(28 w shield) | F +14 R +10 (+3 Bulwark) W +14 | Perc +14 (Darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 25 ft. | Heal 3/3 | Spell slots 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/3 4th 2/2 | Hero Point 2 | Active Conditions: Mind of menace
GM Doug H wrote:

We'll hold off till the end; there are 11/12 successes so we should be wrapping up tonight.

This was my 156th GM’d scenario & 10th Special, and I have my reviews complete. I'll be submitting my audit to Paizo for my 5th glyph ponce it's reported. Thanks for being here everyone! I know there was some frustration from the dice, but it was an epic battle.

Dice are dice. I loved the game, so thank you for it. Personally I like fights that take a bit longer than 2-3 rounds. There is actually time and point to casting heroism on someone, pull out a potion and drink it and such


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

Thanks all.

Chronicles here. As always I add a note for players in the Notes area.

The game is submitted to HQ for reporting.

Vigilant Seal

NG Female Dwarf (Anvil Dwarf) Cleric 7 | HP 87/87 | AC 26(28 w shield) | F +14 R +10 (+3 Bulwark) W +14 | Perc +14 (Darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 25 ft. | Heal 3/3 | Spell slots 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/3 4th 2/2 | Hero Point 2 | Active Conditions: Mind of menace
GM Doug H wrote:

Thanks all.

Chronicles here. As always I add a note for players in the Notes area.

The game is submitted to HQ for reporting.

Chronicles lead to a single fine (and it is not mine :( ) :D


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

Whoops!

here you go.

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Sorcerer (rogue) 7 | AC 25 (26 wShield) | HP (10)64/64| F +12 R +12 W +11| Spells: 1: 4/4 2: 3/4 3: 3/4 4: 0/3 | SP: 2/2 | HeroPoint: 0/2

Thanks!

My Earn Income.

Perform (E) - first 8 days: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Perform (E) - last 4 days: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30

-> +18 gp

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 8 | Exploration Mode: Search (Perception +12) | HP 138 (-0) Temp 11 or 7 (+0), Falls -25 ft then halved) | AC 26, Sleeping 24 (rarely FF) | F/R/W +17/+13/+12 (3 Resist Evil, Feat vs. Fear/Sickness, Juggernaut, 1 Cold/Electr Res) | Perc +12 (Battle Cry, Darkvision) | Speed 30 | Hero Points: 1/1 (boon) | Active Conditions: NA

2-00: King in Thorns (lvl 7-8)

DOWNTIME:
Level 8 Earn Income after session, Trained Society + City Scavenger DC 22: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 1 = 28

Crit Success lvl 9 = 16 gp
Success lvl 8 = 12 gp
Failure lvl 8 = 2.4 gp

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 8 | Exploration Mode: Search (Perception +12) | HP 138 (-0) Temp 11 or 7 (+0), Falls -25 ft then halved) | AC 26, Sleeping 24 (rarely FF) | F/R/W +17/+13/+12 (3 Resist Evil, Feat vs. Fear/Sickness, Juggernaut, 1 Cold/Electr Res) | Perc +12 (Battle Cry, Darkvision) | Speed 30 | Hero Points: 1/1 (boon) | Active Conditions: NA

Got the chronicle. Wanted to say that this was a spectacular game. Great GM and players!

Vigilant Seal

NG Female Dwarf (Anvil Dwarf) Cleric 7 | HP 87/87 | AC 26(28 w shield) | F +14 R +10 (+3 Bulwark) W +14 | Perc +14 (Darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 25 ft. | Heal 3/3 | Spell slots 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/3 4th 2/2 | Hero Point 2 | Active Conditions: Mind of menace

Crafting to earn income: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Failure so 2sp x 8 = 1.6 gp

Horizon Hunters

N Female Changeling Necromancer 7 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 20 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +13 | Perc +11 | Speed 25
♥️ 69/71 | ☘️ 0/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Staff of Necromancy | ⚕ Mage Armor, False Life | Spells (Arcane, +15, DC 25): Cantrips (6), 1st (3/4), 2nd (3/4), 3rd (4/4), 4th (2/3)

Magical Shorthand to Learn a Spell using Downtime (Arcana) - Level 5: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32 Crit success to learn Haste


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Handouts, Macros Enmity: Maps & Handouts | Macros | Hero Points

Game's been reported. Marking complete. PM me if you need anything else. Thanks again!

101 to 117 of 117 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / GM Doug's King in Thorns (Tier 7-8; Outpost VI) Discussion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.