Wydroe's Core Run of PFS Scenario 3-19, The Icebound Outpost (Inactive)

Game Master Wydroe

This is a core game. Scenario, 3-19, The Icebound Outpost

Icebound Outpost Map


101 to 150 of 315 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

LN Human Fighter 2 | Mods: NA | HP 27 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 17/11/16 (Sleeping 15/11/14) | CMD 17 (+2 vs. Grapple) | F/R/W +7/+2/+1 (+1 vs. Fear) | Speed 20 ft in Armor | Placeholder | 2 Star Reroll 0/1 (fear) | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Init: +1

Large MW Scythe: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 for Slashing + Str: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 6) + 9 = 20

He brings the weapon across her body, creating a large gash.

”Das wat happensta murdrahs.”

Somewhat of a New Jersey accent is my aim. It drifts and evolves and varies a bit though.

Grand Lodge

Loen, with brutely efficiency cuts down the lady. She falls with the blow to the ground bleeding.

The remaining enemy, the armored man, stands swaying a little. But doesn't take any actions.

Round 5
Skell [standing funny]
Salvio
Malon
Nate[b] -10hp
[b]Kuikka
-15hp [unconscious and dying, need a constitution check to stablize]
Cara
Hildr -23hp
Drabbin -16hp
Leon [enlarged]

Bold are up! There is one enemy still standing, but you have bleeding party members too. What do you do?

Grand Lodge

LG (she/her) half-orc paladin of Erastil 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 17/12/15; -3 ACP || Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2 || Perc -1 (darkvision) || Stealth -3 || Speed 30/20 ||

Kuikka groans where she is laying on the frozen ground.

Stabilize: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

And continues to bleed.

Grand Lodge

M Human Wizard/2 HP 12/12 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +2/Ref +3/ Will +3 Init +4 Perc -1|Sense Motive -1|Active conditions: none

Salvio draws another wand. "Leon, can you help me over the tree?"

Liberty's Edge

LN Human Fighter 2 | Mods: NA | HP 27 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 17/11/16 (Sleeping 15/11/14) | CMD 17 (+2 vs. Grapple) | F/R/W +7/+2/+1 (+1 vs. Fear) | Speed 20 ft in Armor | Placeholder | 2 Star Reroll 0/1 (fear) | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Init: +1

”I goddah poshun fer her. Finish offada las one.”

Grand Lodge

(CORE) Female Half Elf Barbarian 2 | HP: 23/23| AC: 16/12/14|Init: +6| Perc: +12| Fort: +6| Ref: +2| Will: +2| CMB: +5| CMD: 17| E.C. Blade: +5;1d10+4| Longbow: +3;1d8|
Skills:
Acro:+4|App:+0|Bluff:-1|Climb:+0|Dip:-1|DD:-1|Dis:-1|E.A:-1|H.A:-1|Heal:+2| Inti:-1| K.(Nat):+6|Linguis:+0|Ride:-1|Sleight:-1|SM:+2|Spell:+0|Stealth:-1|Sur:+6|S wim:+4|UMD:-1|
Rage 6/8/day

Rage +4 morale bonus to her Str/Con and +2 morale bonus on Will saves. –2 penalty to Armor Class.
Slash 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
End rage.
Fatigue for 4 rounds.

With that attack done and judging by how the man didn't react after her first attack. Cara Takes a deep breathe and attempts to steady her breathing as she lets her body recover from her exertion.

Grand Lodge

M Human Wizard/2 HP 12/12 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +2/Ref +3/ Will +3 Init +4 Perc -1|Sense Motive -1|Active conditions: none

The wizard steps up and taps Nate with the wand, muttering under his breath as he tries to activate it.

UMD check, DC 20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

However, his attempt comes to nothing.

Grand Lodge

*CORE* Male Elf Conjurer 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13(17),13,10 | F+1,R+3,W+3 | Immune to sleep | +2 vs Enchantment | CMD 13| Init+5,Perc+8 | Lowlight vision| Acid Dart 7/7

Malon directs the eagle to move and engage the last enemy.

Claw attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

He moves toward the paladin and drops his CLW wand. He then pulls out his CLW potion he had for emergencies and prepared to administer it as soon as he could.

Could someone move me on the map, please?

Grand Lodge

Resolving as best I can in initiative order.

Salvio, attempts to climb the tree to get to the down paladin. climb check: 1d20 ⇒ 3. But can't. He asks for help and pulls out his CLW wand.

Malon's bird flys over to the armored man, attempts to claw him, but his armor prevents it. Malon attempts to climb the tree.
climb tree vs dc 15: 1d20 ⇒ 6
He also can't manage it. He pulls out his potion of CLW.

Cara strikes the last man down with her blade. The man falls sprawled out on the ice bleeding [-22hp].

Nate is up! We will stay in initiative until the paladin is healed/stablized.

The Exchange

Male Human Rogue 1 |HP 11/11| AC 18 T 14 F 14|Init +8|F +3 R +6 W +0|Perception +4

Seeing so many trying to reach the paladin to help heal her, Nate decides he can try to help himself. Looking to Salvio, he says "Thanks. Mind if I give it a go?"

If Salvio allows, Nate will try to use his wand on himself.

UMD DC20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

He then gives a sheepish shrug as he hands it back.

Grand Lodge

stabilize check Hildr: 1d20 + 3 - 9 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 9 = 3
stabilize check Drabbin: 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 6 = 12
Cara [-24hp]
Drabbin [-17hp]

Leon is up! Lots of options.

Liberty's Edge

LN Human Fighter 2 | Mods: NA | HP 27 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 17/11/16 (Sleeping 15/11/14) | CMD 17 (+2 vs. Grapple) | F/R/W +7/+2/+1 (+1 vs. Fear) | Speed 20 ft in Armor | Placeholder | 2 Star Reroll 0/1 (fear) | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Init: +1

Leon isn’t sure what options he has, he is a simple man with a simple set of skills. And one of those skills is drinking and helping others drink. So he steps up to the half-orc’s body, pulls a potion and starts slowly trickling it down her throat.

5-ft, Move to Draw, Standard to start trickling CLW potion. Standard to finish next round for an eventual CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

With that, we can drop out of initiative.

Three enemy bodies lay on the bridge/ice. The folks can get across the tree with Leon's help. There are several directions you could venture, straight ahead into the temple, into the Southern shrine by the ice, or the Northern shrine by the ice. Your group has many knicks and cuts. The paladin is still disabled.

What would you like to do?

Grand Lodge

LG (she/her) half-orc paladin of Erastil 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 17/12/15; -3 ACP || Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2 || Perc -1 (darkvision) || Stealth -3 || Speed 30/20 ||

Kuikka's eyes flutter as she wakes up. Very slowly, she sits up and looks around to make sure the enemies are all down. "Are we done?" she says groggily and fumbles in her pouch for a wand. Steeling herself, she activates it.

CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Feeling slightly better, Kuikka triggers it again to continue healing up.

CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

She picks up her axe in one hand as she stands up groaning. "That was not fun, but thank you for keeping me in one piece. Anyone else need any healing?"

Kuikka has a full wand and is happy to heal up anyone who needs it.

The Exchange

Male Human Rogue 1 |HP 11/11| AC 18 T 14 F 14|Init +8|F +3 R +6 W +0|Perception +4

Nate could definitely use a couple of hits!

"We have gathered at this big entry way for a loud fight. They are expecting us here. We say someone come out of the south. Maybe we go to that north shrine to draw less attention?"

Nate will poke around the north entryway, or other entrance if the group decides, to make sure that it is not trapped.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Unless it's another log trap, I probably missed it.

Grand Lodge

@Nate, not so fast, it is climb check to get down to the ice on hte North side of the bridge. You need to get down the 10' to the ice surface to do any investigation of the North temple/shine entrance. Plus are you doing so without healing? Are there other actions people would like to take before the rogue heads North?

Further investigating the center...

Also looking around the chamber you have entered after climbing over the tree and fighting the agents, you notice the temple’s central sanctum rises from this wide courtyard. Bas relief carvings cover every inch of its curved surface—winsome apsaras, vanara heroes, and avatars of the monkey lord himself all seem frozen in the bone-chilling cold. In stark contrast with the celestial beings carved on the sanctum’s outer walls, a carved throng of evil covers the walls of the courtyard itself—fiendish asuras, great black nagas, and goblinoid hordes are frozen in stone as they besiege the mountain rising from the temple’s center.
You notice two pathways, one leading to the Northeast and one to the Southeast around this central sanctum.

The bodies of the agents slowly bleed. The strange sunlight glistening off there armor and items.

What do you all do?

Grand Lodge

*CORE* Male Elf Conjurer 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13(17),13,10 | F+1,R+3,W+3 | Immune to sleep | +2 vs Enchantment | CMD 13| Init+5,Perc+8 | Lowlight vision| Acid Dart 7/7

Malon picks up his wand and stows it and the potion in his rucksack. He will follow the others in the building, hopefully using the strong Leon to help him climb the tree, if necessary.

Grand Lodge

M Human Wizard/2 HP 12/12 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +2/Ref +3/ Will +3 Init +4 Perc -1|Sense Motive -1|Active conditions: none

"Kuikka, use my wand to stabilize the Aspis agents. We might be able to get some information from them."

Liberty's Edge

LN Human Fighter 2 | Mods: NA | HP 27 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 17/11/16 (Sleeping 15/11/14) | CMD 17 (+2 vs. Grapple) | F/R/W +7/+2/+1 (+1 vs. Fear) | Speed 20 ft in Armor | Placeholder | 2 Star Reroll 0/1 (fear) | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Init: +1

Leon raises an eyebrow, ”You savem, you take sponsability ferem. Udderwise dey jus die in honrable fight.”

He pulls a walnut wand out and hands it to the half orc, ”If ya can cast healy majuk, take dis please. Use as needed.”

Another wand of CLW.

Leon searches the bodies on the bridge.

Grand Lodge

LG (she/her) half-orc paladin of Erastil 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 17/12/15; -3 ACP || Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2 || Perc -1 (darkvision) || Stealth -3 || Speed 30/20 ||

Kuikka nods and casts detect evil on the Aspis. If they are evil, she will still heal them, so they will be able to stand trial for their crimes. Once they are no longer dying, she ties them up very tightly back to back, so they will have a harder time getting away.

boopstick: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
boopstick: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
boopstick: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

If any of them wake up, she will punch them back to sleep.

"Anything good in their stuff? Especially healing. We'll probably need anything we can get."

Grand Lodge

M Human Wizard/2 HP 12/12 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +2/Ref +3/ Will +3 Init +4 Perc -1|Sense Motive -1|Active conditions: none

Salvio can be heard muttering to himself. "Secure enemies for later information gathering, check. Heal up party, check. Loot enemies, check. Oh! Does the one on the ice have any extra crossbow bolts? I used one of mine."

The Exchange

Male Human Rogue 1 |HP 11/11| AC 18 T 14 F 14|Init +8|F +3 R +6 W +0|Perception +4

"I'll look. I could use something better than this here sling too. And could I get some healing from someone's wand?"

If someone could please heal Nate, he'll loot the bodies.

Grand Lodge

LG (she/her) half-orc paladin of Erastil 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 17/12/15; -3 ACP || Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2 || Perc -1 (darkvision) || Stealth -3 || Speed 30/20 ||

Kuikka pokes Nate a couple of times with her wand to heal him.

wand CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
wand CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

Let's hit the pause button here, the woman and man on the bridge both stabilize in the time it takes Leon to haul everyone across the tree. The man on the ice will die without help.

I will give you rolls with some assumptions that you can get to him. You can use UMD on the wands you all have, you can do heal checks to give first aid or you can use a potion if you have one. One person can aid in a heal checks.

Leon grabs up anyone wanting to help the ice man and lowers them to the ice. They walk slowly over and then they give help.

Salvio [two attempts if you want to help the man]
Malon [two attempts to help]
Nate [two attempts to help]
Cara [five attempts if you want to help the man]
Kuikka is busy recovering and healing herself

gm rolls:

Hildr next 5 round: 5d20 ⇒ (1, 20, 3, 12, 7) = 43
Drabbin next 5 rounds: 5d20 ⇒ (19, 16, 13, 9, 20) = 77
Skell next 7 rounds: 7d20 ⇒ (2, 13, 6, 15, 4, 15, 16) = 71

Grand Lodge

Items found when searching the three: Bold radiate magic when detected.
The woman has a potion, a chain shirt, masterwork heavy wooden shield, battleaxe, light crossbow with 10 bolts, cleats, cold weather outfit, bronze Aspis Consortium badge, 26 gp.

The roguish man has oil, a potion, a thunderstone, masterwork studded leather, short sword, daggers (5), cleats, cold weather outfit, thieves’ tools, bronze Aspis Consortium badge, 23 gp.

The ice man has masterwork chainmail, a heavy wooden shield, a heavy crossbow with 10 bolts, a longsword, cleats, cold weather outfit, bronze Aspis Consortium badge, 6 gp.

Potions, Spellcraft DC16:
2 potions of Cure light wounds

Oil, spellcraft DC 16:
oil of magic weapon

Kuikka ties up the prisoners. Where are you putting them? What do you do next?

Grand Lodge

(CORE) Female Half Elf Barbarian 2 | HP: 23/23| AC: 16/12/14|Init: +6| Perc: +12| Fort: +6| Ref: +2| Will: +2| CMB: +5| CMD: 17| E.C. Blade: +5;1d10+4| Longbow: +3;1d8|
Skills:
Acro:+4|App:+0|Bluff:-1|Climb:+0|Dip:-1|DD:-1|Dis:-1|E.A:-1|H.A:-1|Heal:+2| Inti:-1| K.(Nat):+6|Linguis:+0|Ride:-1|Sleight:-1|SM:+2|Spell:+0|Stealth:-1|Sur:+6|S wim:+4|UMD:-1|
Rage 6/8/day

You poor man. You get Cara First Aid!!!
Heal 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Heal 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Heal 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Heal 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Heal 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

It may take a few tries but Cara doesn't intend to let the poor man expire as she tries to preserve what's left of his life. She is obviously not very skilled as the man is bandaged so skillfully that he ends up being trussed up as well.

With all her efforts done, Cara helps herself to the man's belongings.

Liberty's Edge

LN Human Fighter 2 | Mods: NA | HP 27 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 17/11/16 (Sleeping 15/11/14) | CMD 17 (+2 vs. Grapple) | F/R/W +7/+2/+1 (+1 vs. Fear) | Speed 20 ft in Armor | Placeholder | 2 Star Reroll 0/1 (fear) | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Init: +1

Leon slings the heavy (masterwork) shield and battleaxe over his shoulder and if his allies are still running around down on the ice he takes a tiny dab of the potion and tastes it.

Perception to ID potions: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

He puts one in a pocket and offers the other up.

”Oh dese like what I jes used. Anbuddah need one?”

That will use up a couple rounds of actions after all the lifting I think. Trying not to get too far ahead or too far behind.

Grand Lodge

Cara stabilizes the man. With a little help, you can consolidate and tie up the Aspis folks. Looks like someone put them just west of the tree. Is that where you are leaving them?

Leon determines the two potions are cure light wounds Nice perception roll there, Leon.

I think Nate would take the healing from Kuikka. And Kuikka healed herself some too. I think you all can proceed. I think Nate wanted to try the Northern shrine. There is the main shrine straight across the bridge and through the courtyard. Then there is the Southern shrine where the archer/ice man came from. The Northern shrine would require a climb check or the large Leon to lower folks down to the ice. There is no convenient stairs down on that side. What do you all want to do?

Grand Lodge

*CORE* Male Elf Conjurer 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13(17),13,10 | F+1,R+3,W+3 | Immune to sleep | +2 vs Enchantment | CMD 13| Init+5,Perc+8 | Lowlight vision| Acid Dart 7/7

Malon casts Detect Magic and looks at the oil.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

”Ah the oil, makes one of your weapons magical for a short time! Maybe one of you stronger types might want to make good use of that,” the elf says as he swims the oil around in its vial.

Northern shrine is fine with me if we get some help from Leon getting down there.

Grand Lodge

M Human Wizard/2 HP 12/12 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +2/Ref +3/ Will +3 Init +4 Perc -1|Sense Motive -1|Active conditions: none

Since we're out of combat, can Salvio take 10 on his Spellcraft check to identify the oil?

Liberty's Edge

LN Human Fighter 2 | Mods: NA | HP 27 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 17/11/16 (Sleeping 15/11/14) | CMD 17 (+2 vs. Grapple) | F/R/W +7/+2/+1 (+1 vs. Fear) | Speed 20 ft in Armor | Placeholder | 2 Star Reroll 0/1 (fear) | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Init: +1

Leon grumbles as he shrinks back down to a normal sized brute, ”Why nawt useda bridge ango in heah?”

Grand Lodge

I can't find anything that prevents you from taking 10 on a spellcraft to identify an item. But in home brew I would not allow it. Pfs though would if there is not a rule against it.
Malon and Salvio identify the oil as oil of magic weapon. Leon expresses his frustration at not just continuing forward into the main courtyard.
one for straight, one for north. I would like at least two folks wanting a direction before we head that way.

Grand Lodge

M Human Wizard/2 HP 12/12 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +2/Ref +3/ Will +3 Init +4 Perc -1|Sense Motive -1|Active conditions: none

Salvio takes the ten light crossbow bolts. "Who wants to use the oil? Once we're ready, I think we should follow the fighter."

Grand Lodge

The three captives sleep peacefully propped up against the tree as your group starts across the bridge towards the central shrine. The carvings of the fiends in the courtyard walls and the Vanara heros and monkey lord leer at you as you move forward in the cold air. Taking a guess at the marching order, you can adjust as you see fit. Nate, the responsible rogue leading the way looking out for traps and trouble.

GM rolls:

perc Nate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
perc Kuikka: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
perc Malon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
perc Salvio: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
perc Cara: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
perc Leon: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
perception G: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
stealth C: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
perc C: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
perc slaves: 4d20 ⇒ (7, 17, 8, 10) = 42
Nate stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
perc,prior battle: 1d20 - 9 ⇒ (20) - 9 = 11
perc, prior battle: 1d20 - 13 ⇒ (7) - 13 = -6

init Nate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
init Kuikka: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
init Malon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
init Salvio: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
init Cara: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
init Leon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
init G: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
init C: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

As the group passes the courtyard statue, they glance off to the Northeast, they sees another courtyard. The sheer walls of the glacier dominate this new courtyard, towering as high or higher than the central sanctum’s tall, spired dome on the courtyard’s south end. A wide set of stairs leads up into the sanctum itself, while a lone statue stands out as the only feature of the courtyard, whose walls are encased in thick ice. In addition, they see four slaves, ill dressed and outfitted with rusty picks, working to clear ice on the North wall/glacier. Another figure with a whip waggling around stands near the East wall/glacier. This figure appears to be looking straight at your group.

Malon and Cara hear sounds of picks striking ice just seconds prior to Nate rounding the statue. Surprise round, Cara, Malon and the man with the whip can act.

Surprise Round
Malon
Cara
Whip weilder

Bold are up in the surprise round. You may take a move or a standard action only.

Grand Lodge

(CORE) Female Half Elf Barbarian 2 | HP: 23/23| AC: 16/12/14|Init: +6| Perc: +12| Fort: +6| Ref: +2| Will: +2| CMB: +5| CMD: 17| E.C. Blade: +5;1d10+4| Longbow: +3;1d8|
Skills:
Acro:+4|App:+0|Bluff:-1|Climb:+0|Dip:-1|DD:-1|Dis:-1|E.A:-1|H.A:-1|Heal:+2| Inti:-1| K.(Nat):+6|Linguis:+0|Ride:-1|Sleight:-1|SM:+2|Spell:+0|Stealth:-1|Sur:+6|S wim:+4|UMD:-1|
Rage 6/8/day

Cara's eyes narrow.

"Surrender." she states boldly.

Intimidate? 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7 lol

Grand Lodge

*CORE* Male Elf Conjurer 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13(17),13,10 | F+1,R+3,W+3 | Immune to sleep | +2 vs Enchantment | CMD 13| Init+5,Perc+8 | Lowlight vision| Acid Dart 7/7

Not wanting to move out of the protection of the group, Malon holds his ground, pointing out the scene to the others.

No surprise action here, GM.

Grand Lodge

Surrender? Why? Haha! He grabs one of the men working and shoves him out in front of him. The worker puts up no resistance.

Round 1
Nate
Something?
Malon
Kuikka
Cara
Salvio
Leon
Man with the whip
Slaves

Nate is up!

The Exchange

Male Human Rogue 1 |HP 11/11| AC 18 T 14 F 14|Init +8|F +3 R +6 W +0|Perception +4

Earlier:. Nate picks up one of the light cross bow and quarrels. Smiling ever so slightly, he stuffs his sling away.

Nate will make for the next wall for cover! Unless something jumps out of him from the doorway. Literally or figuratively. Is it possible to get a shot off on the guy the whip?

"Oh, um... Get down workers!

Grand Lodge

@Nate, take your shot. I would assume you took the crossbow and loaded it. However, the man has the worker held in front of him as a human shield. Its a move action to move up and standard to shoot, pust your shot and damage when you get time.
Nate move up and shots at the man.
As he moves forward, a panther springs out of the Northwest corner, moves forward and attempts to bite Nate.
bite attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8; dmg p and b: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4; cmb to trip: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
But does not get a hold of the rogue who avoids the teeth.

The man with the whip still holds the worker. The others cower down at Nate's call. The man hisses loudly int the worker ear, "You stand tall now, or I will cut you up and feed you to my pet. HaHa!

Round 1
Nate
panther
Malon
Kuikka
Cara
Salvio
Leon
Man with the whip
Slaves

Bold are up!

Grand Lodge

M Human Wizard/2 HP 12/12 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +2/Ref +3/ Will +3 Init +4 Perc -1|Sense Motive -1|Active conditions: none

Salvio steps up and tries to put a crossbow bolt into the panther.

Light crossbow attack, incl. PBS: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 = 14
Damage, if applicable, incl. PBS: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

(CORE) Female Half Elf Barbarian 2 | HP: 23/23| AC: 16/12/14|Init: +6| Perc: +12| Fort: +6| Ref: +2| Will: +2| CMB: +5| CMD: 17| E.C. Blade: +5;1d10+4| Longbow: +3;1d8|
Skills:
Acro:+4|App:+0|Bluff:-1|Climb:+0|Dip:-1|DD:-1|Dis:-1|E.A:-1|H.A:-1|Heal:+2| Inti:-1| K.(Nat):+6|Linguis:+0|Ride:-1|Sleight:-1|SM:+2|Spell:+0|Stealth:-1|Sur:+6|S wim:+4|UMD:-1|
Rage 6/8/day

Growling herself, Cara waits long enough just for the others to pump the cat with shots before making her way over with her greater speed.

Her flashes once!

Attack Cat
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 221d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

"So if we deal with the cat, this man will have nothing else to back him up." she remarks casually making sure the workers can hear her as well.

Grand Lodge

*CORE* Male Elf Conjurer 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13(17),13,10 | F+1,R+3,W+3 | Immune to sleep | +2 vs Enchantment | CMD 13| Init+5,Perc+8 | Lowlight vision| Acid Dart 7/7

Malon casts Acid Splash at the panther.

rTA into melee 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 - 4 = 16
Acid damage 1d3 ⇒ 1

The Exchange

Male Human Rogue 1 |HP 11/11| AC 18 T 14 F 14|Init +8|F +3 R +6 W +0|Perception +4

crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Liberty's Edge

LN Human Fighter 2 | Mods: NA | HP 27 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 17/11/16 (Sleeping 15/11/14) | CMD 17 (+2 vs. Grapple) | F/R/W +7/+2/+1 (+1 vs. Fear) | Speed 20 ft in Armor | Placeholder | 2 Star Reroll 0/1 (fear) | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Init: +1

Leon moves up as well, never taking his eyes off the man, ”Coward!”

Double Move. If the cat is down before he moves, he can go one more square NE.

Grand Lodge

LG (she/her) half-orc paladin of Erastil 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 17/12/15; -3 ACP || Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2 || Perc -1 (darkvision) || Stealth -3 || Speed 30/20 ||

Kuikka moves up behind her companions and glares at the agent. "Drop them and you might get to live."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

She will move up to Leon's space if he moves on

Grand Lodge

Nate's initial crossbow bolt misses the man behind the worker.
Salvio and Malon shoot respective missiles at the cat. Both miss the animal.
Cara advances and lands a solid blow to the cat.
Kuikka, yelling out at the man, seems to scare him. Demoralized=Shacken for 1 round.
Leon moves up. As he moves to the final square {no way to get there with out AO from cat} the cat bites out at him.
AO from cat biting out at leon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9; dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2; free trip attempt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
But the cat again can't get a hold of the intented target.

The man with the whip continues to make his way towards the stairs to the inner sanctum dragging the worker in front of him.
The workers are effectively intimated by the man and do as he instructs. The man yells out, "Help! Intruders! Help! HaHa", which seems strangely muffled by the shrines interior.

The other slaves continue to cower in the corner to the North.

Round 2
Nate crossbow in hand
panther -13hp
Malon
Kuikka
Cara
Salvio
Leon
Man with the whip
Slaves

Nate is up!

The Exchange

Male Human Rogue 1 |HP 11/11| AC 18 T 14 F 14|Init +8|F +3 R +6 W +0|Perception +4

Don't freak out, don't freak out. It's just a giant cat. It's a giant, wounded cat. You're okay.

Nate looks for a way to flank the cat with the big man, but can't seem to get around the corner. Instead he really drops crossbow draws his sword, and takes a stab..

short sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

Nate stabs the cat and with a yelp it collapses unconscious. The cat bleeds.

Round 2
Nate crossbow in hand
panther -18hp const check: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 - 1 = 5
Malon
Kuikka
Cara
Salvio
Leon
Man with the whip
Someone?
Slaves

GM rolls:

init Neevindi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Bold are up! Stairs are difficult terrain costing 2 squares of movement.

Grand Lodge

*CORE* Male Elf Conjurer 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13(17),13,10 | F+1,R+3,W+3 | Immune to sleep | +2 vs Enchantment | CMD 13| Init+5,Perc+8 | Lowlight vision| Acid Dart 7/7

Malon double moves forward.

Would someone move me to the square just to the northeast of the panther corpse? Thanks a ton.

101 to 150 of 315 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wydroe's Core Run of PFS Scenario 3-19, The Icebound Outpost All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.