The Dire GM's [PFS 2e] Bounty #5: Witch's Winter Holiday (Inactive)

Game Master CanisDirus

PFS 2e PbP Bounty #5: Witch's Winter Holiday (Level 1)

GM Notes:
Perception
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice

Initiative
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice

Witch's Winter Holiday Scenery & Maps


1 to 50 of 117 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

This is the gameplay thread for PFS 2e Bounty #5: Witch's Winter Holiday, set to begin on Monday, April 25th 2022!

Feel free to "dot and delete" if you are part of the game, and look for other information in the Discussion tab!

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Between missions for the Pathfinder Society, or perhaps on your way to join them for the first time - you find yourself wandering across the countryside of the nation of Nirmathas, approaching the village of Scallion's Wrap.

The Nirmathi winter is fairly mild and weather pleasant. During your trek, you have more than enough time to introduce yourselves to each other!

Soundtrack #1: "Wandering" - Eluveitie: Hope

Feel free to RP as you'd like, and look for me to begin game in the later-hours of the 25th!

Radiant Oath

LG (Female) (Woodland) Elf (Flurry) Ranger 4 | Acrobat | Animal Companion Sophia The Owl | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (+1 with Shield raised) | Fortitude** +8 Reflex** +12 Will** +11 | Perception** +11 (low-light vision) | Stealth* +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions none | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺

A tall, slender, and young female elf has just arrived in Nirmathas. Her ponytailed hair sways as she walk despite the somewhat frigid wind the winter brings. Thankfully, she has her winter clothing worn, despite being a woodland elf, due to the fact that she had just come from the Lands of the Linnorm Kings for winning as champion in a competition there.

Shortbow in one hand, she walks at a fast pace but gracefully, as any elf does. She continues to walk until she comes near to the entrance of the Scallion's Wrap village. Before she enters in, she whistles to call her owl flying above and lands on her shoulder.

”Let's find something to eat here, Sophia. I'm kinda hungry, and I know, you too,” she tells the owl.

Radiant Oath

CG Male Tengu | Musical Prodigy (Dance) | Swashbuckler Lvl 2 | ◆◇↺ | HP 28/28 | AC 19 (21 w/ buckler) | F/R/W: 5/9/7 | Perc +7, Low Light | 25 feet | Class DC 17 | Performance (Dance): +8, Acrobatics/Stealth/Diplomacy/Deception/Thievery/Performance: +7, Athletics: +5, Lore (Music, PFS): +4, Intimidate(U): +3, Survival(U)/Nature(U)/Religion(U)/Medicine(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1

A creature resembling an upright crow looks around. He's young and curious.

"Hmm. What an interesting place. I should look around and see what is to see here. I'll be able to tell Bella, Nicole, Finn, Fran and Stitch about all this."

Horizon Hunters

Female CN Goblin Witch 1 | hp: 13/13 | AC: 16 | Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +4 | Perc. +2 | hero: 0/3 | Speed 25 ft | Exploration: Scout | Active Conditions: none

An aging goblin woman leans on her staff and sings softly to herself as she makes her way across Nirmathas. Occasionally, she takes the toad off her head to show it some interesting feature of the scenery.

When she comes to the village of Scallion's Wrap, her stomach gives a hearty rumble. "We might be due for a meal, Toad." she says, while eyeing the assortment of buildings. "Best we not make a ruckus."

Before she can sneak into Scallion's Wrap, she spots an owl descending to the shoulder of an elf outside the village. She calls to the pair, "Hello dear! That's a mighty friend you have there." It is unclear whether she is addressing the owl or the elf. "I am Mama Jawchu." she says with a wide grin revealing a row of sharp teeth.

Horizon Hunters

A thinner looking man wearing spectacles and carrying a bulging pack comes scrambling up the trail. Sweat beads his face and damp marks cover his clothes as several books fall from his bag when he trips over a small root growing in the road. He falls down into the dirt to quickly scoop them up before realizing he has company. "Oh hello! My name is Fynn, good to meet you all."

Vigilant Seal

Male Human Gunslinger 3 | HP 38 | AC 20 | F +9, R +11, W +8 | Perc +8 | Init +10 | Acrobatics/Society/Stealth/Thievery +9 | Crafting/Warfare Lore/PFS Lore +7 | Survival +6 | Athletics +5 | ◆

"Hi. I'm Omar," says a noble-looking Taldan man with a pronounced widow's peak. Although there is a rapier at his waist, he carries two loaded hand crossbows fastened at his belt, fastened with leather straps."I'm always glad to meet other like-minded individuals."

Radiant Oath

LG (Female) (Woodland) Elf (Flurry) Ranger 4 | Acrobat | Animal Companion Sophia The Owl | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (+1 with Shield raised) | Fortitude** +8 Reflex** +12 Will** +11 | Perception** +11 (low-light vision) | Stealth* +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions none | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺
Mama Jawchu wrote:
She calls to the pair, "Hello dear! That's a mighty friend you have there." It is unclear whether she is addressing the owl or the elf. "I am Mama Jawchu." she says with a wide grin revealing a row of sharp teeth.

Avery looks around for the source of the voice. When she finds the goblin woman just behind her, she bows and introduces herself as well. ”Hello, yes, Sophia is nice at hunting. Well,. I am Avry. It is nice to meet you, Mama Jawchu. We are going somewhere with something to eat.”

She even notices the man fell to the ground. ”Are you alright? Roads and grounds are well-covered with snow, I hope you are alright, Fynn.” Upon Oman's arrival, she gives the noble man a nod. ”I am Avery, and this is my friend Sophia.” she says to others and caresses the feathery head of her owl.

Horizon Hunters

Fynn knocks the snow and mud from his slacks. "Quite alright, thank you." He was in fact eager to find someplace warm for a hot fire and an even hotter meal.

Vigilant Seal

| Speed: 25 ft| Conditions: None | Hero Points: 1/1 | | HP 20/20| AC 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +3 | Perception: +5 CN Human Figher 1

A towering, red haired Varisian woman runs into the group as they enter the inn. A sword with an elaborate serpentine design rests beneath an arm sporting a tattoo just above the wrist of a twist of vines projecting a thorn from each corner.

I suppose there isn't much for it. she sighs, I don't suppose any of you can point me to a Pathfinder, or at least an alchemist.

Radiant Oath

CG Male Tengu | Musical Prodigy (Dance) | Swashbuckler Lvl 2 | ◆◇↺ | HP 28/28 | AC 19 (21 w/ buckler) | F/R/W: 5/9/7 | Perc +7, Low Light | 25 feet | Class DC 17 | Performance (Dance): +8, Acrobatics/Stealth/Diplomacy/Deception/Thievery/Performance: +7, Athletics: +5, Lore (Music, PFS): +4, Intimidate(U): +3, Survival(U)/Nature(U)/Religion(U)/Medicine(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1

Roark is about to say something but then realizes that his usual companions are not with him. "Your pardon, I normally travel with an alchemist. But sadly I forgot that I'm not with her now."

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Soundtrack #1: "Wandering" - Eluveitie: Hope

As your feet lead you towards the center of the village, an older halfling woman in bright clothes quickly approaches you, a large golden wolfhound at her side. She stops in your path with a glint in her eye and grins.

“Don’t suppose y'all are looking for any work, by chance?!” she asks. “If ya are, I have just the thing. Doesn’t pay much, but you’ll get full bellies and a place to stay, along with the joy of helping an old woman durin' Winter Week!”

She holds up a small cobble stone with great reverence and a slightly crooked facial expression.

“My name's Kupyn Baro,” says the halfling. “Me and my pup Darb need your help to make this rock into a stew that will feed our village. Whaddya say?”

Vigilant Seal

Male Human Gunslinger 3 | HP 38 | AC 20 | F +9, R +11, W +8 | Perc +8 | Init +10 | Acrobatics/Society/Stealth/Thievery +9 | Crafting/Warfare Lore/PFS Lore +7 | Survival +6 | Athletics +5 | ◆

"Sure. What can we do to help you?"

Radiant Oath

CG Male Tengu | Musical Prodigy (Dance) | Swashbuckler Lvl 2 | ◆◇↺ | HP 28/28 | AC 19 (21 w/ buckler) | F/R/W: 5/9/7 | Perc +7, Low Light | 25 feet | Class DC 17 | Performance (Dance): +8, Acrobatics/Stealth/Diplomacy/Deception/Thievery/Performance: +7, Athletics: +5, Lore (Music, PFS): +4, Intimidate(U): +3, Survival(U)/Nature(U)/Religion(U)/Medicine(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1

"That's a cute pup. He should meet my friend Fran and her cat Mister Midnight. But yes, I'd love to help you make some stew."

Radiant Oath

LG (Female) (Woodland) Elf (Flurry) Ranger 4 | Acrobat | Animal Companion Sophia The Owl | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (+1 with Shield raised) | Fortitude** +8 Reflex** +12 Will** +11 | Perception** +11 (low-light vision) | Stealth* +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions none | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺
Roark Thunderbird wrote:
"Your pardon, I normally travel with an alchemist. But sadly I forgot that I'm not with her now."

”Is she your friend? It is natural to miss them when we are not with them. I hope you meet them again soon, Mister... What is your name again?” Avery asks, recalling if he ever introduced himself since they meet. Their conversation is interrupted when an old halfling woman approaches them for some help.

”I am willing to help as well. But what is this rock for? To make it into a stew?” the words of the old halfling woman does not make sense to her. Or maybe because she is hungry and she is mishearing things. Or maybe not.

Vigilant Seal

| Speed: 25 ft| Conditions: None | Hero Points: 1/1 | | HP 20/20| AC 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +3 | Perception: +5 CN Human Figher 1

Of course. Of course. I'm sure with the right reagents we can turn it into something amazing. Now,do you have any crushed scallion root?

Horizon Hunters

Female CN Goblin Witch 1 | hp: 13/13 | AC: 16 | Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +4 | Perc. +2 | hero: 0/3 | Speed 25 ft | Exploration: Scout | Active Conditions: none

Mama Jawchu nods at the halfling woman's words. "Cobblestone Stew, eh? That'll take some doing." The toad on her head makes a loud croak. "What do you need us to do?" she asks.

Horizon Hunters

Fynn jerks back away from the wolfhound as his brow begins to sweat. He circles around to the far side of the group. "How does one make a rock into a stew exactly?" He seems a bit confused but he is distracted as he doesn't take his eyes off of the wolfhound.

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Kupyn grins, brushing off a patch of ground before taking a seat, motioning for you to join her.

"Many years ago, after Scallion’s Wrap lost all their crops and sheep to a roving band of wolves, the townsfolk met in the village green to figure out where they should move now that they had no food.

Their witch, Tulyn Baro, questioned why moving was necessary.

'What would you have us do,' the mayor asked, 'eat rocks from the Hollow Hills?'

Some laughed at that, but Tulyn picked up a gray rock and said, 'Do you not know this little rock is magic? Why, with it I can make a stew that would feed the whole of Scallion’s Wrap through Winter Week!'

The villagers allowed Tulyn the chance to prove her boast. Thus began Tulyn’s plan. As she poured water into her cauldron, she began to wheedle small things from various folks in the area, 'just to help the magic of the rock along.' From the farmers, she finagled carrots and celery. From the dwarf miners in the Hollow Hills, she received bags of deep-root potatoes. From the brownies in the surrounding glade, she procured five bundles of scallions. After this, Tulyn grimly left the town to see about meat for the stew, bouncing the “magic rock” in her hand. Where she found the meat, none dared ask, but wolves never troubled Scallion’s Wrap again.

Upon returning, Tulyn placed the rock into her cauldron...and that is why we have rock stew every year for Winter Week!"

The old woman grins up at each of you. "Why, we even have a song I can teach you!"

Rock stew for me, rock stew for you!
It’s the soup that helps us in all that we do!

If you want to make it, you need a few things,
Potatoes, carrots, celery, and
FIVE SCALLION RINGS

Rock stew for me, rock stew for you!
It’s the dish that helps us see winter through!

Some salt, some pepper,
a cauldron of bounty,
a few cuts of mutton
and a magic rock or three!

Rock stew for me, rock stew for you!
Have a Happy Winter Week, let’s eat some stew!

Finished with both tale and song, Kupyn stands up, leaning heavily on her trusty Darb.

"Now, every Winter Week, tradition dictates that the witch of Scallion’s Wrap should lead the village in making rock stew for the holiday. For the last 70 years, I've been using my family's magic cauldron to multiply the ingredients for the stew and ensure there’s enough for everyone in Scallion’s Wrap. Every year, I place a small rock in the stew, and whoever finds the rock in their bowl is said to be blessed with good fortune in the coming year...but luck isn't with ME, and I'm getting old, and need assistants!"

"I'll go pick up the mutton myself, but I'll pay you if you can help me with three other things."

Counting off on her fingers, she gives you a list of tasks:
• Carrots and celery from Farmer Greetle’s farm, found in the southwest part of the village.
• A bag of deep root potatoes grown by the dwarves at the foot of the Hollow Hills, a bit west of the village.
• A bundle of scallions from the brownies who tend them in the grove just north of the village.

"Once you get all of it, bring it to my house just there." she points to a nearby chimney. "So...any questions for me before you head out?"

Radiant Oath

LG (Female) (Woodland) Elf (Flurry) Ranger 4 | Acrobat | Animal Companion Sophia The Owl | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (+1 with Shield raised) | Fortitude** +8 Reflex** +12 Will** +11 | Perception** +11 (low-light vision) | Stealth* +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions none | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺

Avery throws a skeptical look at the witch. She can't believe a rock can be used as an ingredient for a stew. With crossed arms and raised eyebrow, she tells the witch, "That's it? We just find those things and bring it to you, and that rock, we can have a stew?"

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout
Avery Wings wrote:
Avery throws a skeptical look at the witch. She can't believe a rock can be used as an ingredient for a stew. With crossed arms and raised eyebrow, she tells the witch, "That's it? We just find those things and bring it to you, and that rock, we can have a stew?"

The halfling woman's eyes twinkle as she wiggles her fingers in Avery's direction. "Maaaaagic."

Vigilant Seal

| Speed: 25 ft| Conditions: None | Hero Points: 1/1 | | HP 20/20| AC 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +3 | Perception: +5 CN Human Figher 1

Rosa's eyes scan the village as Kupyn points out the sources for the stew'singredients. This sounds as uneventful as the fishing contest I enjoyed... So what should we expect to attack us along the way?

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout
Rosa Valentine wrote:
Rosa's eyes scan the village as Kupyn points out the sources for the stew'singredients. This sounds as uneventful as the fishing contest I enjoyed... So what should we expect to attack us along the way?

The old woman almost looks hurt by that statement. "Attack? Here? Never seen a fight that didn't involve alcohol in all of my 70 years livin' in Scallion’s Wrap!"

Radiant Oath

LG (Female) (Woodland) Elf (Flurry) Ranger 4 | Acrobat | Animal Companion Sophia The Owl | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (+1 with Shield raised) | Fortitude** +8 Reflex** +12 Will** +11 | Perception** +11 (low-light vision) | Stealth* +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions none | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺

”We better find those things now. I am already hungry, but I am giving this old woman witch an opportunity to show us how she does it. Well, we have nothing to lose if we try, right? Except for hungrier stomach for me.” Avery tells the others, though she is trying to tell it to herself actually, as she is still unconvinced.

Horizon Hunters

Female CN Goblin Witch 1 | hp: 13/13 | AC: 16 | Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +4 | Perc. +2 | hero: 0/3 | Speed 25 ft | Exploration: Scout | Active Conditions: none

The old goblin woman sat enraptured through the halfling's tale, especially delighted by the song, which she immediately began quietly humming.

"What a delightful recipe!" she exclaims, "It even comes with a personal anecdote and enough cultural history to fill a long scroll. I do think every recipe should be so enjoyable." she beams.

"Mama Jawchu likes to have dessert before her meals. I say we visit the brownies first." she turns to Kupyn and asks the woman, "Such creatures are often fickle. Is there anything we should do to win their favor and avoid their ire?"

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout
Mama Jawchu wrote:

The old goblin woman sat enraptured through the halfling's tale, especially delighted by the song, which she immediately began quietly humming.

"What a delightful recipe!" she exclaims, "It even comes with a personal anecdote and enough cultural history to fill a long scroll. I do think every recipe should be so enjoyable." she beams.

Kupyn grins in response. "See, you're exactly the kind of folk who'd get along fantastic in these parts!"

Quote:
"Mama Jawchu likes to have dessert before her meals. I say we visit the brownies first." she turns to Kupyn and asks the woman, "Such creatures are often fickle. Is there anything we should do to win their favor and avoid their ire?"

“Well...I caught them brownies knotting my hound Darb’s hair as a joke... I may have lost my temper with them and knocked over a hut or two. That's why I think it’ll go better if someone else asked for the scallions. Might be good to bring Darb with you, if you want. Those brownies love him.”

Vigilant Seal

| Speed: 25 ft| Conditions: None | Hero Points: 1/1 | | HP 20/20| AC 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +3 | Perception: +5 CN Human Figher 1
The Dire GM wrote:
“Well...I caught them brownies knotting my hound Darb’s hair as a joke... I may have lost my temper with them and knocked over a hut or two. That's why I think it’ll go better if someone else asked for the scallions. Might be good to bring Darb with you, if you want. Those brownies love him.”

Any troubles with Farmer Greetle or the dwarves?

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

“Stingy old git tried to charge me for vegetables when I talked to 'im yesterday! Don’t know why; always gave them free before! If I set foot on his farm again and see his smug face, I don’t know that I could control my temper!”

“And for the dwarves, every month I give their head miner, Jaget Steim, a tincture to help with aching joints. Only this month...well, my own joints are aching and I didn’t have enough for more than one person. If you could help Jaget out somehow, it’d go a long way toward making things right.”

"Well, I think I better get goin' now if I'm gonna get the mutton and be back here to meet you all when y'er done with your errands. Do you want me to leave Darb with ya, or no?"

One minor decision to be made before she leaves you, and then you get to decide where you want to travel to first, Pathfinders!

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Also at this juncture, you are reminded that you each start off the adventure with one hero point! Since I know we have some GMs with glyphs, rather than go through and tally those to distribute, I'm going to do something unorthodox - everyone will instead start with two hero points each, through a combination of glyphs and awards from me for fun roleplay! :)

Persons with 1- to 3-digit OPF numbers have a boon they can use to start with an extra hero point on top of the above, including your GM, though in that case he can only use it to benefit one of you and not a NPC.

Horizon Hunters

Fynn's stomach grumbles as she explains how to make actually soup and not turn stones into soup. "Seems like a lot of folks in town are angry with you. We will do what we can to gather this list." He counts the items off as he jots them down one at a time with a small checkbox next to each.

Horizon Hunters

Female CN Goblin Witch 1 | hp: 13/13 | AC: 16 | Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +4 | Perc. +2 | hero: 0/3 | Speed 25 ft | Exploration: Scout | Active Conditions: none
The Dire GM wrote:
"Do you want me to leave Darb with ya, or no?"

Mama Jawchu eyes the hound suspiciously. She doesn't trust dogs. But maybe she can tame the beast.

Mama whispers a wilding word at the hound.

Darb Will save DC 17: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

The beast is completely unaffected! Clearly it is too powerful for Mama Jawchu, she holds her staff defensively as she slowly backs away.

"No, thank you. Please take the fearsome creature with you." she says to Kupyn from behind Avery.

Radiant Oath

CG Male Tengu | Musical Prodigy (Dance) | Swashbuckler Lvl 2 | ◆◇↺ | HP 28/28 | AC 19 (21 w/ buckler) | F/R/W: 5/9/7 | Perc +7, Low Light | 25 feet | Class DC 17 | Performance (Dance): +8, Acrobatics/Stealth/Diplomacy/Deception/Thievery/Performance: +7, Athletics: +5, Lore (Music, PFS): +4, Intimidate(U): +3, Survival(U)/Nature(U)/Religion(U)/Medicine(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1

Roark looks at his companions with a bit of interest. "and here I was thinking that a talking bird is weird..." he mutters to himself.


| "Drop Bear" | Species: Plummetus | Genus: Thylarctos | Era: Quaternary Period | Part-Time PbP Bot |
Mama Jawchu wrote:

The beast is completely unaffected! Clearly it is too powerful for Mama Jawchu, she holds her staff defensively as she slowly backs away.

"No, thank you. Please take the fearsome creature with you." she says to Kupyn from behind Avery.

Darb sits on the ground, tongue out and panting.

"Woof!"

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
| Speed: 25 ft| Conditions: None | Hero Points: 1/1 | | HP 20/20| AC 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +3 | Perception: +5 CN Human Figher 1

I'll defer to Mama Jawchu here. Well find another way to appease them that doesn't terrify one of our own companions.

Radiant Oath

LG (Female) (Woodland) Elf (Flurry) Ranger 4 | Acrobat | Animal Companion Sophia The Owl | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (+1 with Shield raised) | Fortitude** +8 Reflex** +12 Will** +11 | Perception** +11 (low-light vision) | Stealth* +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions none | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺

”I think we should go now, you think?” Avery asks everyone to get them start moving, her stomach grumbles even more. ”so which one do we get first?”

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Soundtrack #2: Brownies - Dzivia: Skarby Aniolaŭ

As you approach the grove, a multitude of twinkling lights begin dancing about in the shadows beneath the ancient trees. Giggles and whispers fill the air, but you see nothing. Upon reaching the center of the grove, where scallions, garlic, onions, and chives grow in thick clumps amid the dark soil, the whispering stops and the twinkling lights fade.

Several diminutive fey wearing leaves and flowers emerge from their hiding places from within the wood. One, taller than the rest, wearing a crown of woven scallions and holding a purple onion flower (several times her height) like a scepter, steps forward. “I am Nelia Starsister, the Grove’s Grand Garlicia and Alliumic Empress. Who are you to set foot in our domain?”

Scenery updated!

Horizon Hunters

Finn gasps as he nearly trips over the small fey creature. "Oh, sorry, didn't see you down there. My name is Fynn." He gives a few moments for the others to introduce themselves. "We hear you tend to the best scallions in town."

Horizon Hunters

Female CN Goblin Witch 1 | hp: 13/13 | AC: 16 | Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +4 | Perc. +2 | hero: 0/3 | Speed 25 ft | Exploration: Scout | Active Conditions: none

"Greetings Nelia." Mama Jawchu approximates a curtsy, bowing her head slightly.

"I am Mama Jawchu and this here is Toad." She gestures to the amphibian sitting on her head. "Winter Week is here and we would like to add your scallions to the rock stew."

Mama continues to hum the Winter Weak song quietly to herself, until singing the words "FIVE SCALLION RINGS"

Vigilant Seal

| Speed: 25 ft| Conditions: None | Hero Points: 1/1 | | HP 20/20| AC 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +3 | Perception: +5 CN Human Figher 1

Lady Rosa Valentine. Pleasure to meet me I'm sure. We're gathering ingredients for the traditional soup.

Radiant Oath

CG Male Tengu | Musical Prodigy (Dance) | Swashbuckler Lvl 2 | ◆◇↺ | HP 28/28 | AC 19 (21 w/ buckler) | F/R/W: 5/9/7 | Perc +7, Low Light | 25 feet | Class DC 17 | Performance (Dance): +8, Acrobatics/Stealth/Diplomacy/Deception/Thievery/Performance: +7, Athletics: +5, Lore (Music, PFS): +4, Intimidate(U): +3, Survival(U)/Nature(U)/Religion(U)/Medicine(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1

"Greetings good Nelia. Yes, we heard you've got the best scallions in town. Might we trouble you with some? I can dance and entertain you as payment if you'd like."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Radiant Oath

LG (Female) (Woodland) Elf (Flurry) Ranger 4 | Acrobat | Animal Companion Sophia The Owl | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (+1 with Shield raised) | Fortitude** +8 Reflex** +12 Will** +11 | Perception** +11 (low-light vision) | Stealth* +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions none | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺

"Hello, I am Avery. As they said, we are looking for your best scallions to add on the stew we are about to make. Would you mind giving us some, if you have any?" Avery tells the fey, sending her a warm smile.

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Hearing what you have to say, especially about the soup and the song, numerous brownies stick their heads out from just about everywhere around you (including a few from around your own shoulders). They mutter and grumble, as their Empress holds up a garland for silence, causing most of them to comply or wander off.

"We love Darb, he of yon sun-like color, very very much. Our finest hair-braiders sought to make his golden locks look even more noble and tied it full of braids and ribbons......then-Kupyn-came-by-the-big-grump-and-kicked-over-our-castle-an d-stormed-off-in-a-huff!"

The brownies motion towards half a dozen small logs that look like they were stacked on top of each other in a triangular shape without much holding them together.

"How do we know that Kupyn won't be a meanie if she gets these scallions, hmmmmmm?"

You can now attempt to placate the brownies and assure them that Kupyn meant them no harm, or you can try and repair their "castle" as it were. Diplomacy and Athletics are recommended for these, but good roleplay might justify other skills you can try!
(Feel free to roll once you've said or done your piece! :)

Radiant Oath

CG Male Tengu | Musical Prodigy (Dance) | Swashbuckler Lvl 2 | ◆◇↺ | HP 28/28 | AC 19 (21 w/ buckler) | F/R/W: 5/9/7 | Perc +7, Low Light | 25 feet | Class DC 17 | Performance (Dance): +8, Acrobatics/Stealth/Diplomacy/Deception/Thievery/Performance: +7, Athletics: +5, Lore (Music, PFS): +4, Intimidate(U): +3, Survival(U)/Nature(U)/Religion(U)/Medicine(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1

Roark attempts to convince the brownies that no harm was meant.

"Oh I don't think Kupyn meant anything. It was probably just a misunderstanding. We all have our off-days, after all."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

sheesh... the same roll?

Horizon Hunters

Female CN Goblin Witch 1 | hp: 13/13 | AC: 16 | Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +4 | Perc. +2 | hero: 0/3 | Speed 25 ft | Exploration: Scout | Active Conditions: none

"Ah, yes, the fearsome beast Darb. I'm sure the braids and ribbons served well to enhance the image of the creature. Perhaps Kupyn was overcome by the sight? She does regret her actions."

After a pause she adds, "If you don't forgive her, she won't have cause to visit or bring Darb around."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Vigilant Seal

| Speed: 25 ft| Conditions: None | Hero Points: 1/1 | | HP 20/20| AC 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +3 | Perception: +5 CN Human Figher 1

A terrible fate for your castle, but maybe an opportunity. Since the castle is already fallen we can build it again, but better than before. It will be a wonder.

Crafting: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Horizon Hunters

Fynn sets his pack down gently and kneels down. "I can help rebuild your castle if you would like." He grabs piece by piece and begins to realign them back together.

Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Radiant Oath

LG (Female) (Woodland) Elf (Flurry) Ranger 4 | Acrobat | Animal Companion Sophia The Owl | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (+1 with Shield raised) | Fortitude** +8 Reflex** +12 Will** +11 | Perception** +11 (low-light vision) | Stealth* +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions none | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺

”Me too, I can help Fynn with rebuilding too. I'm sorry for what what happened because of her.” Avery says to help rebuild the castle.

Athletics check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Vigilant Seal

Male Human Gunslinger 3 | HP 38 | AC 20 | F +9, R +11, W +8 | Perc +8 | Init +10 | Acrobatics/Society/Stealth/Thievery +9 | Crafting/Warfare Lore/PFS Lore +7 | Survival +6 | Athletics +5 | ◆

Seeing how the others are attempting to help, Omar will try to help rebuild the castle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Rosa is able to find a good placement to repair the brownie's "castle" while Mama Jawchu (with a small bonus for RP) is able to convince them that no harm was actually meant.

The brownies put their little heads together, then give you all the scallions you could need for soup, and also promise to attend the Winter Week celebrations!

One down, two to go. Where to next, Pathfinders?

Vigilant Seal

| Speed: 25 ft| Conditions: None | Hero Points: 1/1 | | HP 20/20| AC 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +3 | Perception: +5 CN Human Figher 1

Let's head over to see the dwarves. I'd prefer to leave the grumpy farmer for last.

1 to 50 of 117 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dire GM's [PFS 2e] Bounty #5: Witch's Winter Holiday All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.