(Outpost V) GM Quirk's THE CANTINA JOB (Inactive)

Game Master Quirk, Private Eye

SLIDES


51 to 100 of 118 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Navasi's shot is wild, but T'Krunch's shot proves to be accurate.

"The Tenderizer"--I like it.

One of the thugs charges forward and fires at the guard at the door.

to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Another guard is wounded.

The other thug moves forward and fires at Navasi, yelling "Let the elf go and step away!"

to hit vs. KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
MISS!

Bold may go. Round 1.

1. enemy orange
2. enemy black
3. enemy yellow (-2, -2 to AC)
4. Navasi
5. T'Krunch
6. enemy red
7. enemy blue
8. Norbert
9. Altoid Ant
10. Korth

11. enemy green
12. Guards (green wounded -4, red -2)

Wayfinders

Small Male Kobold Spacefarer Mechanic 1st
Stats:
Init: +6, |Perc: +6 |SP: 6/6, HP: 8/8, RP: 4/4 | EAC/KAC: 13/13 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +0 | DV 60'

KK draws his Azimuth Laser Pistol (Move Action) and fires it (Standard Action) at Yellow while keeping cover behind what looks to be a slot machine.

ALP vs EAC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
ALP F Dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Dataphiles

”Norbert” | Male NG Halfling Operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 |RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 Resist Acid 5 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions:-1 CON

Norbert pulls his Tactical Semi-Auto Pistol (move action) and fires (Standard Action) at Orange

Tactical Semi-Auto Pistol Attack vs Orange: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Piercing Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

'The Elf is ours."


A gun battle erupts. As it does, MUSIC begins playing.

Korth and Norbert hit their targets.

One of the mercenaries rushes forward, attempting to cut off Navasi's escape with their mark. He fires his pistol as he does.

to hit, green vs. Navasi: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
damage, P: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Hit!

The three guards go to work, retrieving non-lethal pistols from their holsters.

We'll just say two out of three hit. I'll note average damage below on black and orange.

The mercenaries continue to shoot anyone near their mark, or, barring that, one of nearby guards.

Orange and black will shoot the nearest guard. We'll say one of them hits, orange vs. guard blue this time. Yellow will show Navasi.

to hit, yellow vs. Navasi: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
damage, P: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Bold may go. Round 1/2.

1. enemy orange (-3)
2. enemy black (-3)
3. enemy yellow (-4, -2 to AC)
4. Navasi (-5)
5. T'Krunch

6. enemy red
7. enemy blue
8. Norbert
9. Altoid Ant
10. Korth
11. enemy green
12. Guards (green wounded -4, red -2, blue -3)


"Navasi" Female CG human outlaw envoy 1 | SP 1/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Owww!" shrieks Navasi as she gets hit multiple times.

"Everyone get the yellow guy!!"
Get 'em on yellow. Everyone gets +1 ATK

Navasi then fires at yellow!
azimuth laser pistol vs EAC, get'em: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7
fire damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Heh. Funny thing. I just realized in Navasi's previous attack, I accidentally rolled a 1d6 instead of a 1d20 for her attack roll. Woops!

Acquisitives

Male Ikeshti Biohacker 1 (Sensate Theme) | CN | Small monstrous humanoid | Speed 30 ft., climb 15 ft. EAC 14 | KAC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +0 (+1 morale vs. fear) |Perception +9 | Sense Motive -1 |Offensive Abilities: blood squirt
Skills:
Athletics +0 (+8 when climbing), Computers +8 (1 ranks), Culture +8, Engineering +6 (1 ranks), Life Science +9, Medicine +9, Perception +9, Physical Science +9, Profession (cook) +3

Without much armament that can cause direct injury, T'Krunch loads another container of tenderizer and attempts to inject it into another of the thugs.

Ranged tactical needler pistol v green KAC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage (P) injection +2, w/biohack: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Biohack: Tenderizer - The target takes a –2 penalty to AC.

Acquisitives

M Formian Hunter Soldier 1: Spd:30, Init:1, SP:11/11, HP:11/11, RP:4/4, EAC:12, KAC:13, Perc:4, Blindsense, Darkvision, Telepathy, Fort:5, Ref:1, Will:1

Altoid tries to hit the red enemy with his tactical pike reach weapon after moving hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 vs kac dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Wayfinders

Small Male Kobold Spacefarer Mechanic 1st
Stats:
Init: +6, |Perc: +6 |SP: 6/6, HP: 8/8, RP: 4/4 | EAC/KAC: 13/13 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +0 | DV 60'

@ Altoid Ant, you lined yourself up with the Elf, Vanecarsys next to Navasi who we are trying to protect and get out of the cantina and back to Electric Prism’s owner, Trazhi. The six mercenaries are the same pic but different squared colors located mostly around the center pool statue. The casino guards currently fighting them are the round tokens.

Acquisitives

M Formian Hunter Soldier 1: Spd:30, Init:1, SP:11/11, HP:11/11, RP:4/4, EAC:12, KAC:13, Perc:4, Blindsense, Darkvision, Telepathy, Fort:5, Ref:1, Will:1

Yeah, I was confused
In that case he moves to yellow, but it is a doublemove, so that is all he does. He stays 10 feet away reach weapon, hoping the yellow moves without guarded stepping to trigger an aoo. If he does trigger an aoo, you can use the rolls above


Two of the mercenaries move around the far side of the large statue, attempting to flank Navasi and her mark. The fire at the guard (now behind partial cover) as they do.

red vs. red guard: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
blue vs. red guard: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

One stinkin' point of damage. The cover saved him from the other shot.

HEY! Don't forget to link to a good fight song that might come on the casino jukebox! Take a +1 to hit if you do. Yes, you can re-link to the ones you posted in discussion. Bold may go. Round 2.

1. enemy orange (-3)
2. enemy black (-3)
3. enemy yellow (-4, -2 to AC, get 'em)
4. Navasi (-5)
5. T'Krunch
6. enemy red
7. enemy blue
8. Norbert
9. Altoid Ant
10. Korth

11. enemy green
12. Guards (green wounded -4, red -3, blue -3)

Wayfinders

Small Male Kobold Spacefarer Mechanic 1st
Stats:
Init: +6, |Perc: +6 |SP: 6/6, HP: 8/8, RP: 4/4 | EAC/KAC: 13/13 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +0 | DV 60'

KK fires at Yellow with his Azimuth Laser Pistol and has his drone, Gaulendor move up to within 10' and Melee attack Yellow as well with his Taclash Tail.

ALP Attack vs EAC: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5
ALP F Dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Taclash Tail Attack vs KAC: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23
Taclash Tail Non-Lethal Slsh Dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Dataphiles

”Norbert” | Male NG Halfling Operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 |RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 Resist Acid 5 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions:-1 CON

Norbert moves up and attempts to Trick Attack Yellow

Bluff to Trick Attack Yellow: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 4 = 29
Attack Roll on Yellow with Get'Em: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22
Piercing Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Trick Attack Damage, Also Piercing: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Stay away from our Bounty and you won't get hurt

Acquisitives

M Formian Hunter Soldier 1: Spd:30, Init:1, SP:11/11, HP:11/11, RP:4/4, EAC:12, KAC:13, Perc:4, Blindsense, Darkvision, Telepathy, Fort:5, Ref:1, Will:1

Move around the aoo and stab green hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 vs KAC dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting...


Korth, I put a drone on the map for you. It's in front of your token outlined in gray. You may do with this as you please.

The martial prowess of Korth's drone and Norbert prove lethal for one of the mercenaries, who falls next to an older woman who refuses to get up from her seat at a lucky slot machine. She gives you all you a dirty look.

Altoid Ant also brutally stabs one of the mercs. He's a big guy. He fights on. In fact, he pulls out a knife and attempts to plunge it into the formian.

to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The blade bounces off the tough carapace of the formian.

The guards keep firing at some of the mercs, keeping their attention. Not worrying too much about damage here. What will happen is that orange and black will keep fighting the two northern guards.

Bold may go. Round 3.

1. enemy orange (-3)
2. enemy black (-3)
3. enemy yellow (DEAD)
4. Navasi (-5)
5. T'Krunch

6. enemy red
7. enemy blue
8. Norbert
9. Altoid Ant
10. Korth
11. enemy green
12. Guards (green wounded -4, red -3, blue -3)


"Navasi" Female CG human outlaw envoy 1 | SP 1/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Targeting that green guy!!"
Get 'em on green. Everyone gets +1 ATK

Navasi then fires at green!
azimuth laser pistol vs EAC, get'em: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 1 = 18
fire damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Wayfinders

Small Male Kobold Spacefarer Mechanic 1st
Stats:
Init: +6, |Perc: +6 |SP: 6/6, HP: 8/8, RP: 4/4 | EAC/KAC: 13/13 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +0 | DV 60'
GM Quirk wrote:
Korth, I put a drone on the map for you. It's in front of your token outlined in gray. You may do with this as you please.

Thanks but I already had my drone on the map. It is the medium round green token with the smaller round green token on top. Korth is riding it. I put a larger token on the map to the right for reference.

Acquisitives

Male Ikeshti Biohacker 1 (Sensate Theme) | CN | Small monstrous humanoid | Speed 30 ft., climb 15 ft. EAC 14 | KAC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +0 (+1 morale vs. fear) |Perception +9 | Sense Motive -1 |Offensive Abilities: blood squirt
Skills:
Athletics +0 (+8 when climbing), Computers +8 (1 ranks), Culture +8, Engineering +6 (1 ranks), Life Science +9, Medicine +9, Perception +9, Physical Science +9, Profession (cook) +3

"How about some coating, my formian friend? Maybe something on the minty side?" T'Krunch suggests as he produces a biohack, which he injects into Altoid (assuming Altoid is willing to accept the biohack)

Move 10 ft.; standard inject biohack

Acquisitives

Male Ikeshti Biohacker 1 (Sensate Theme) | CN | Small monstrous humanoid | Speed 30 ft., climb 15 ft. EAC 14 | KAC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +0 (+1 morale vs. fear) |Perception +9 | Sense Motive -1 |Offensive Abilities: blood squirt
Skills:
Athletics +0 (+8 when climbing), Computers +8 (1 ranks), Culture +8, Engineering +6 (1 ranks), Life Science +9, Medicine +9, Perception +9, Physical Science +9, Profession (cook) +3
T'Krunch the Famished wrote:

"How about some coating, my formian friend? Maybe something on the minty side?" T'Krunch suggests as he produces a biohack, which he injects into Altoid (assuming Altoid is willing to accept the biohack)

Move 10 ft.; standard inject biohack

"Coating" biohack - Provides +1 AC to willing target (Altoid?)

Acquisitives

M Formian Hunter Soldier 1: Spd:30, Init:1, SP:11/11, HP:11/11, RP:4/4, EAC:12, KAC:13, Perc:4, Blindsense, Darkvision, Telepathy, Fort:5, Ref:1, Will:1

Altoid accepts.


Thanks Korth--I see your drone now.

One of the mercs runs around the far side of the statue and fires at Korth.

to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Miss!

Red continues to exchange gunfire with the red security guard.

Bold may go. Round 3.

1. enemy orange (-3)
2. enemy black (-3)
3. enemy yellow (DEAD)
4. Navasi (-5)
5. T'Krunch
6. enemy red
7. enemy blue
8. Norbert
9. Altoid Ant
10. Korth

11. enemy green
12. Guards (green wounded -4, red -3, blue -3)

Dataphiles

”Norbert” | Male NG Halfling Operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 |RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 Resist Acid 5 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions:-1 CON

Norbert moves to one side to get a clear shot at Green

Bluff to Trick Attack Green: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 4 = 15
Attack Roll on Green with Get'Em versus KAC: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13
Piercing Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Trick Attack Damage, Also Piercing: 1d4 ⇒ 3

We told you we just want to leave with our bounty.

Did Navasi hit Green when she shot him and put Get'em on him a few actions up?

Wayfinders

Small Male Kobold Spacefarer Mechanic 1st
Stats:
Init: +6, |Perc: +6 |SP: 6/6, HP: 8/8, RP: 4/4 | EAC/KAC: 13/13 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +0 | DV 60'

As Blue fires at Korth, his Drone, Gaulendor lashes out with an AoO with his Taclash Tail (10' Reach).

Taclash Tail AoO on Blue vs KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
TT P Nonlethal Dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Korth fires at Green with his Azimuth Laser Pistol and has his drone, Gaulendor attack Blue with its Taclash Tail.

ALP Attack on Green vs EAC with Get'em: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 = 17
ALP F Dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Taclash Tail Attack on Blue vs KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
TT P Nonlethal Dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Acquisitives

M Formian Hunter Soldier 1: Spd:30, Init:1, SP:11/11, HP:11/11, RP:4/4, EAC:12, KAC:13, Perc:4, Blindsense, Darkvision, Telepathy, Fort:5, Ref:1, Will:1

Altoids weapon has reach, so if green didn't 5 foot step to get there, he gets an aoo hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 vs KAC dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
and now my attack for the round hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 vs KAC dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Yeah, I think I may have missed Navasi's actions, or at least applying them. I have corrected that.

Another one of the mercenaries falls under the furious defense of Korth, Altoid Ant, and Norbert.

The guards continue their gun battle with the mercs in other corners of the casino. Noting some damage below, I am assuming that 2 of the 3 hit.

One of the mercs bolts toward Navasi and their mark. He levels a pistol at Altoid Ant and fires.

to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Hit! 'Tis but a flesh wound!

Another one of the mercs runs for the statue, firing at the door guard.

to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Bold may go. Round 3.

1. enemy orange (-3)
2. enemy black (-6)
3. enemy yellow (DEAD)
4. Navasi (-5)
5. T'Krunch

6. enemy red (-3)
7. enemy blue
8. Norbert
9. Altoid Ant (-1)
10. Korth
11. enemy green (DEAD)
12. Guards (green wounded -4, red -8, blue -3)


"Navasi" Female CG human outlaw envoy 1 | SP 1/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Everyone get the blue one!!"
Get 'em on blue. Everyone gets +1 ATK

Navasi then fires at blue!
azimuth laser pistol vs EAC, get'em: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 1 = 20
fire damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Acquisitives

Male Ikeshti Biohacker 1 (Sensate Theme) | CN | Small monstrous humanoid | Speed 30 ft., climb 15 ft. EAC 14 | KAC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +0 (+1 morale vs. fear) |Perception +9 | Sense Motive -1 |Offensive Abilities: blood squirt
Skills:
Athletics +0 (+8 when climbing), Computers +8 (1 ranks), Culture +8, Engineering +6 (1 ranks), Life Science +9, Medicine +9, Perception +9, Physical Science +9, Profession (cook) +3

T'Krunch reloads his pistol with another container of tenderizer and fires at the one Navasi selected.
Ranged tactical needler pistol v blue KAC w/Get'em: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 = 23
Damage (P) injection +2, w/biohack: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Biohack: Tenderizer - The target takes a –2 penalty to AC.


From somewhere deep inside the casino, a jukebox begins a new SONG.

T'krunch! That was a crit! I'll roll you some extra damage:

MOAR damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Navasi and T;krunch let the approaching merc have it. Those still in the casino are placing bets that he won't last long...

He still brandishes a pistol, which he fires at Korth.

to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Super hit!

Another merc backs up to cover and keeps the guard in the back busy.

Bold may go. Round 4.

1. enemy orange (-3)
2. enemy black (-6)
3. enemy yellow (DEAD)
4. Navasi (-5)
5. T'Krunch
6. enemy red (-3)
7. enemy blue (Get 'em, -2 AC,-6)
8. Norbert
9. Altoid Ant (-1)
10. Korth (-6)

11. enemy green (DEAD)
12. Guards (green wounded -4, red -8, blue -3)

Dataphiles

”Norbert” | Male NG Halfling Operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 |RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 Resist Acid 5 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions:-1 CON

Nornert moves closer to the door and near Navasi.

Bluff to Trick Attack Blue: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 4 = 15
Attack Roll on Blue with Get'Em versus KAC: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17
Piercing Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Trick Attack Damage, Also Piercing: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Let's work our way out of here, in case these goons have more friends. I hate to leave though. Other than the goons, this place has some nice atmosphere.

Acquisitives

M Formian Hunter Soldier 1: Spd:30, Init:1, SP:11/11, HP:11/11, RP:4/4, EAC:12, KAC:13, Perc:4, Blindsense, Darkvision, Telepathy, Fort:5, Ref:1, Will:1

Altoid moves and stabs orange hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 vs KAC dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 piercing

Wayfinders

Small Male Kobold Spacefarer Mechanic 1st
Stats:
Init: +6, |Perc: +6 |SP: 6/6, HP: 8/8, RP: 4/4 | EAC/KAC: 13/13 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +0 | DV 60'

If Blue fired from where they are then that would have provoked an AoO from Gaulendor.

Taclash Tail AoO on Blue with Get'em vs KAC: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15
TT P Nonlethal Dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Korth fires at Blue with his Azimuth Laser Pistol and has his drone, Gaulendor move over 10' and attack Blue with its Taclash Tail.

ALP Attack on Blue vs EAC with Get'em: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 1 = 20
ALP F Dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Taclash Tail Attack on Blue with Get'em vs KAC: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22
TT P Nonlethal Dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

If Blue is taken down before Gaulendors normal attack then he would attack Black with reach and without Get'em instead.


Between Norbert, Korth (and his drone), and the remaining guards two of the mercs succumb to their wounds. The remaining two mercs make a break for it, and are chased by two of the guards.

Through all of the chaos, it seems Vanecarsys has slipped away from Navasi. Unfortunately, with all of the gunfights, panicked casino patrons, and that really LOUD jukebox, it really wasn't that hard.

Luckily, you're hot on the trail...

This will be a series of skill challenges. Catching them
requires you to overcome several obstacles. Each obstacle
requires a successful DC 14 skill check to efficiently
circumvent. One PC must lead the skill check. The other
PCs can attempt to aid. On a failure, the PCs proceed to
the next obstacle and Vanecarsys’ lead increases.

Your first obstacle is "urban tracking": Vanecarsys has a head start. Learning which way Vanecarsys went requires a successful
Diplomacy check to ask bystanders or a successful
Survival check.


"Navasi" Female CG human outlaw envoy 1 | SP 1/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Can one person lead Diplomacy and one person lead Survival? Or is there only one skill allowed at each stage?

Acquisitives

Male Ikeshti Biohacker 1 (Sensate Theme) | CN | Small monstrous humanoid | Speed 30 ft., climb 15 ft. EAC 14 | KAC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +0 (+1 morale vs. fear) |Perception +9 | Sense Motive -1 |Offensive Abilities: blood squirt
Skills:
Athletics +0 (+8 when climbing), Computers +8 (1 ranks), Culture +8, Engineering +6 (1 ranks), Life Science +9, Medicine +9, Perception +9, Physical Science +9, Profession (cook) +3

Diplomacy or Survival to Aid: 1d20 ⇒ 4
No aid

As Vanecarsys makes a run for it, T'Krunch feels drawn to the buffet table.


bigboom's SFS pregen 2 wrote:
Can one person lead Diplomacy and one person lead Survival? Or is there only one skill allowed at each stage?

Started typing "pick one and run with it," but the more I think about it, I think giving all of you the possibility of trying both directions at the same time makes more sense, especially in PbP. If I were running this live, and it were easier for the players to discuss the most advantageous route, I might go with "pick one." Not here though. NOTE: this does mean that you need to declare what you are rolling for. OH! And good role-playing may get you a bonus from the GM!

Acquisitives

M Formian Hunter Soldier 1: Spd:30, Init:1, SP:11/11, HP:11/11, RP:4/4, EAC:12, KAC:13, Perc:4, Blindsense, Darkvision, Telepathy, Fort:5, Ref:1, Will:1

Look everyone, I know what happened here is a mess, but I'm sure over a good nights sleep you will get over it, it just takes time.
diplomacy aid: 1d20 ⇒ 7


"Navasi" Female CG human outlaw envoy 1 | SP 1/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Navasi approaches some bystanders and says, "Quickly! We're with casino security and we're hot on the trail of a gunperson! Did you see either an elf or a dwarf come rushing through this way? Your assistance will help apprehend a dangerous criminal and you'd be doing the public a service!"

Diplomacy, lead: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Wayfinders

Small Male Kobold Spacefarer Mechanic 1st
Stats:
Init: +6, |Perc: +6 |SP: 6/6, HP: 8/8, RP: 4/4 | EAC/KAC: 13/13 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +0 | DV 60'

Korth tries to Aid with the Diplomacy.

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"Anybody ssee ssomeone running from here?"

Dataphiles

”Norbert” | Male NG Halfling Operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 |RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 Resist Acid 5 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions:-1 CON

There are a couple of Saboteurs on the loose. A Male Dwarf and Female Elf have been fixing the slot machines, and they have been rigging them so that everyone else loses to cover their winnings. Has anyone seen either of them?

I figure that gives the slots players some skin in catching them.

Diplomacy to Aid, Untrained, Charisma bonus only: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


With ABSOLUTELY NO HELP from the rest of the group, Navasi is able to parse out the route Vanecarsys used to exit the immediate area.

Following them proves to be difficult, as this remains a crowded casino.

You may push your way past packed slot machines with a successful Acrobatics or Athletics check. Remember, we're looking for one of you take the lead, and others to aid. The DC is 14 for all of these.


"Navasi" Female CG human outlaw envoy 1 | SP 1/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

For acrobatics, I assume Norbert will lead since his bonus looks pretty good? If yes, then Navasi will attempt to assist.

Navasi attempt to maneuver some of the people out of the way, helping to clear a path for Norbert!

Assist Acrobatics:
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Dataphiles

”Norbert” | Male NG Halfling Operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 |RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 Resist Acid 5 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions:-1 CON

Norbert moves to the lead (he hopes)

Acrobatics Lead Check:

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Let's get a move on Starfinders. We have a swindler to catch.

Acquisitives

Male Ikeshti Biohacker 1 (Sensate Theme) | CN | Small monstrous humanoid | Speed 30 ft., climb 15 ft. EAC 14 | KAC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +0 (+1 morale vs. fear) |Perception +9 | Sense Motive -1 |Offensive Abilities: blood squirt
Skills:
Athletics +0 (+8 when climbing), Computers +8 (1 ranks), Culture +8, Engineering +6 (1 ranks), Life Science +9, Medicine +9, Perception +9, Physical Science +9, Profession (cook) +3

T'Krunch tries to block off an escape avenue as Norbert gibes pursuit.

Acrobatics to Aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Wayfinders

Small Male Kobold Spacefarer Mechanic 1st
Stats:
Init: +6, |Perc: +6 |SP: 6/6, HP: 8/8, RP: 4/4 | EAC/KAC: 13/13 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +0 | DV 60'

Acrobatics Aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Korth and his drone pursue but tend to bump into people and tables causing more of a hindrance than help.

Acquisitives

M Formian Hunter Soldier 1: Spd:30, Init:1, SP:11/11, HP:11/11, RP:4/4, EAC:12, KAC:13, Perc:4, Blindsense, Darkvision, Telepathy, Fort:5, Ref:1, Will:1

Altoid will try athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


This time, all of you work quite well as a team. Norbert hops over a serving drone with a tray of beverages at the last minute to keep pace with Vanecrys as they try to lose all of you in the crowd.

Now it appears that Vanecarsys shapeshifts to blend
in among a crowded gambling hall.

Finding them requires
a successful Perception check or a successful Bluff check
to trick Vanecarsys into revealing themself.


"Navasi" Female CG human outlaw envoy 1 | SP 1/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

There seems to be some high perception-ers on this team. So I'll have Navasi assist.

I'll help double check the area as we sweep out and search!

assist perception:
Perception, assist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Dataphiles

”Norbert” | Male NG Halfling Operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 |RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 Resist Acid 5 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions:-1 CON

Norbert's Bluff is his stock in trade.

We see you Vanecrys. You are not getting away this time.

Bluff Check:

Bluff check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Acquisitives

Male Ikeshti Biohacker 1 (Sensate Theme) | CN | Small monstrous humanoid | Speed 30 ft., climb 15 ft. EAC 14 | KAC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +0 (+1 morale vs. fear) |Perception +9 | Sense Motive -1 |Offensive Abilities: blood squirt
Skills:
Athletics +0 (+8 when climbing), Computers +8 (1 ranks), Culture +8, Engineering +6 (1 ranks), Life Science +9, Medicine +9, Perception +9, Physical Science +9, Profession (cook) +3

Not sure who is primary. Presumably, whoever has the highest modifier. T'Krunch is +9 for Perception. If someone has higher, or is tied, count this is an aid.

"There! I think she went that way!"

Perception:

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Dataphiles

”Norbert” | Male NG Halfling Operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 |RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 Resist Acid 5 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions:-1 CON

Norbert's previous Bluff Roll:

I thought a little bit, and realized Norbert's pervious roll could negatively impact the outcome of the bounty. I would like to use my Promotional Reroll, which will include my GM Novas

Bluff check with 2 Novas: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 = 26

Wayfinders

Small Male Kobold Spacefarer Mechanic 1st
Stats:
Init: +6, |Perc: +6 |SP: 6/6, HP: 8/8, RP: 4/4 | EAC/KAC: 13/13 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +0 | DV 60'

Perception Aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Korth only has +6 so he'll aid. Or Not. How about a T-shirt reroll?

T-shirt Reroll Perception Aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Really!!! WTF!!!

51 to 100 of 118 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / (Outpost V) GM Quirk's THE CANTINA JOB All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.