[Outpost V] GM Chadius 1-06: Lost on the Spirit Road (Inactive)

Game Master chadius

Slides
RPG Chronicles Sign up sheet


151 to 181 of 181 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Radiant Oath

LG Paladin of Ragathiel, Zeal Domain 60HP AC: 22 Fort +10;Ref +6; Will +10 1 FP

Did my religion check not discern anything?

Grand Archive

Female Undine/Elf Sorcerer (Elemental Water) - 4 | P:6 | F:6 R:8 W:8 | hp:24/30 | AC:18 | HP:2/3 | GA | 124312-2013

fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Betel feels a bit weaker ((enfeebled 1)) but that doesn't affect her spellcasting.

Nice leaf effect she replies as she steps back and hurls more water at the hag

sa: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 bludgeoning: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Horizon Hunters

Male Steelskin Hobgoblin Twisting Tree Magus 1 | Iolite Trainee Hobgoblin | HP 18/18, AC 18 w Lattice Armor (19 w Parry of Staff 2H), Fortitude** +7, Reflex* +4, Will** +4, Perception* +2 (darkvision), Stealth +1 | Speed 25 ft | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions --- | ◆◇↺

With some quick but strong movements, Fenris channels some power from the last spell he cast (Shield) and imbues it into his melee attack against the doll. He again raises his shield.

Clan Dagger Attack vs Doll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Clan Dagger Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 piercing damage + 1 force damage

◆ Arcane Cascade
◆ Strike
◆ Cast a Spell, Shield

Radiant Oath

LG Paladin of Ragathiel, Zeal Domain 60HP AC: 22 Fort +10;Ref +6; Will +10 1 FP

The paladin moves up, unsheathing his sword

attempting to locate the hag
1d20 ⇒ 18 flat check

he strikes at her 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 bastard sword 1 handed
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 slashing


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

Kidron, the Religion check was not applicable. The Hag is now visible, so you don't need to Seek her out. You can just attack instead. You have

The hag bats off Betel's ball of water but Akame strikes true. She hisses. "Maybe I'll steal your looks after this."

Naga-kun's bite misses, but Fenris is glad for the help. His dagger tears through the doll, spraying bone, twigs and blood across the floor. Doboru's eyes track the carnage even as the rest of his body holds motionless.

Eddie moves toward the party. "Well, that wasn't very nice of her, eh?" They cast >Guidance< on Betel. "That will help a little bit."

Radiant Oath

LG Paladin of Ragathiel, Zeal Domain 60HP AC: 22 Fort +10;Ref +6; Will +10 1 FP

Knowing that earlier would have changed my action for round 2 and round 1

Radiant Oath

LG Paladin of Ragathiel, Zeal Domain 60HP AC: 22 Fort +10;Ref +6; Will +10 1 FP

I would have drawn my sword, and this round then grabbed it two handed


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

The hag licks her lips and faces Kidron and Akame.
1 is Kidron, 2 is Akame: 2d2 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

Claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Slashing: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Claw: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 4 = 27
Slashing: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Akame blocks the first blow, but the second one gets past her armor. Glimpse of Redemption specifies an Ally. Not sure if you can apply it against yourself.

Akame: Please make a DC 18 Fort Save against necromancy and occult effects. Failure means you are Enfeebled 1. Critical Failure means Enfeebled 2.

Round 3
Hag 16 damage
Eddie
Akame (6 damage)
Fenris
Kidron
Betel (Enfeebled 1, >Guidance<)

>Hags are Bad<


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

Kidron, the sword is now held two-handed

Horizon Hunters

NG female kitsune (empty sky) champion 3 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 41/41| AC 21 (23 with shield) | F +8 R +5 (bulwark) W +8 | Perc +8 LLV | Hero Points 2/3 | Focus 0/1 | Spd. 20ft. |

Fortitude: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Akame calls Naga-kun to her side. It strikes out at the hag. Akame follows up with a strike of her own and then raises her shield.

◆ Command Companion
-- ◆ Stride
-- ◆ Strike
jaws: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25piercing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
◆ Strike
urumi: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22piercing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
◆ Raise Shield (AC 22)

↺ Glimpse of Redemption

Grand Archive

Female Undine/Elf Sorcerer (Elemental Water) - 4 | P:6 | F:6 R:8 W:8 | hp:24/30 | AC:18 | HP:2/3 | GA | 124312-2013

Betel uses the Guidance to hurl more water at the Hag
sa: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 = 11 bludgeoning: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

>>> Hero Point <<<
sa: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 13

Radiant Oath

LG Paladin of Ragathiel, Zeal Domain 60HP AC: 22 Fort +10;Ref +6; Will +10 1 FP

The paladin uses his reaction to
Retributive Strike
Champion
Source Core Rulebook pg. 107 2.0
Trigger An enemy damages your ally, and both are within 15 feet of you.
You protect your ally and strike your foe. The ally gains resistance to all damage against the triggering damage equal to 2 + your level. If the foe is within reach, make a melee Strike against it.

So that is 3 damage that Akame gets resistance from

his strike
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 2 handed bastard sword
1d12 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 slashing

Radiant Oath

LG Paladin of Ragathiel, Zeal Domain 60HP AC: 22 Fort +10;Ref +6; Will +10 1 FP

For his regular turn:

He strikes at the hag again
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 2 HANDED
hero point
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 2 handed
1d12 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 slashing

2nd attack
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
1d12 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

3rd attack
1d20 - 3 ⇒ (13) - 3 = 10


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

Kidron lashes out. He hits the hag and his deity protects Akame.
Akame responds by driving her weapon and Naga-kun's fangs into the Hag's hide.

Kidron grips the bastard sword with two hands and slashes the hag again. The woman continues to stand, but she's not up for much longer. She parries Betel's water aside with some of her remaining energy.

Hag took 54 damage. Fenris can move and then I'll bot Eddie to end the round. The Hag is almost dead, btw.

Radiant Oath

LG Paladin of Ragathiel, Zeal Domain 60HP AC: 22 Fort +10;Ref +6; Will +10 1 FP

That was the first time I used my reaction that way

Horizon Hunters

Male Steelskin Hobgoblin Twisting Tree Magus 1 | Iolite Trainee Hobgoblin | HP 18/18, AC 18 w Lattice Armor (19 w Parry of Staff 2H), Fortitude** +7, Reflex* +4, Will** +4, Perception* +2 (darkvision), Stealth +1 | Speed 25 ft | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions --- | ◆◇↺

With another quick and strong arm gestures, Fenris channels some power from the last spell he cast (Shield) into his clan daggers. He then moves himself beside the hag and makes a melee attack against it.
Clan Dagger Attack vs Hag: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Clan Dagger Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 piercing damage + 1 force damage

◆ Arcane Cascade
◆ Stride
◆ Strike


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

The Hag shrugs off Fenris's dagger and lashes out twice more.

1 is Kidron, 2 is Fenris, 3 is Akame, 4 is Naga-kun: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

Claw (Piercing): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 241d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Fenris finds himself the target of the Hag's wrath.
Kidron and Akame can react here.

Claw (Piercing): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 201d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Akame uses her shield to deflect the Hag's claws.

The Hag limps away. "No... I will get the scarf..."

Round 4
Hag 54 damage
Eddie
Akame (3 damage; Can use Glimpse of Redemption)
Fenris (12 damage, may be reduced by Akame or Kidron)
Kidron (Can use Retributive Strike)
Betel (Enfeebled 1)

>Hags are Bad<


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

Round 4
Hag 54 damage
Eddie
Akame (3 damage; Can use Glimpse of Redemption)
Fenris (12 damage, may be reduced by Akame or Kidron)
Kidron (Can use Retributive Strike)
Betel (Enfeebled 1)

>Hags are Bad<

Horizon Hunters

NG female kitsune (empty sky) champion 3 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 41/41| AC 21 (23 with shield) | F +8 R +5 (bulwark) W +8 | Perc +8 LLV | Hero Points 2/3 | Focus 0/1 | Spd. 20ft. |

Fenris takes 4 less damage due to Glimpse of Redemption and the hag becomes enfeebled 2 for 1 round. The hag can choose to deal no damage instead.

Akame tries to keep the hag from fleeing where it will becomes a menace to others. She casts a spell causing a tiny serpent to form in the air beside her.

type: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Akame points at the hag and the golden serpent races towards the hag until it is in front of her face. It breathes a blast of flame directly at her.

◆◆ Cast a Spell (Draconic Barrage)
◆ Strike
Serpent Breath: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Fire damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Hero Point -- Campaign Coin
Serpent Breath: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Radiant Oath

LG Paladin of Ragathiel, Zeal Domain 60HP AC: 22 Fort +10;Ref +6; Will +10 1 FP

Does my reaction depend on whether or not the hag decides to do no damage or can I fend off the damage still?

Radiant Oath

LG Paladin of Ragathiel, Zeal Domain 60HP AC: 22 Fort +10;Ref +6; Will +10 1 FP

I am going to do this just in case, as not to hold up the game
The paladin uses his reaction to
Retributive Strike
Champion
Source Core Rulebook pg. 107 2.0
Trigger An enemy damages your ally, and both are within 15 feet of you.
You protect your ally and strike your foe. The ally gains resistance to all damage against the triggering damage equal to 2 + your level. If the foe is within reach, make a melee Strike against it.

So that is 3 damage that Akame gets resistance from

his strike
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 2 handed bastard sword
1d12 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Slashing

Grand Archive

Female Undine/Elf Sorcerer (Elemental Water) - 4 | P:6 | F:6 R:8 W:8 | hp:24/30 | AC:18 | HP:2/3 | GA | 124312-2013

No you're not, you hag Betel replies as she moves up and hurls more water.

sa: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 bludgeoning: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

Kidron: You would not be able to react if the Hag chose to do no damage, since that's the reaction trigger. The Hag will choose to attack, so in this case you can react. Fenris was damaged this round, so you can choose to react to that.

The Hag sees a world full of Elves, Humans, Dwarves, Kami and Hags dancing side by side, while muses serenade and sing songs of peace.

She shudders reflexively, reducing the weight behind her fetid claws and leaving her Enfeebled. Kidron takes the opportunity to strike back but it fails to penetrate her skin.

Akame calls upon the might of serpents to form a golden worm who burns the Hag with flame.

Combat Over. Akame has 3 damage, Fenris has 5. Between the paladins and Eddie's Goodberry I don't think damage will be a problem.

A green light shoots from the hag's body and into the scarf. "Nooo..." she moans as the wind renders her to dust. The scarf unfurls and releases its prisoner: a small humanoid creature made of moss wearing a conical hat.

"I thank you for returning me to my homeplace." It takes a short bow. "I am a kami. Your types call creatures like me a kodama. You have cleansed my home of a terrible woman who sold her soul for great power."

The creature checks the nearby glade. "I have much cleaning to do, but it will be done. You may keep the scarf; it is very warm. If you ever wish to stay in this glade, you are always welcome. Well, not you." It points at Dorobu.

The kitsune's body comes to life again. "Ahh! Dorobu the Quick gets to live another day!" He springs up, hops around a bit and does a few somersaults for good measure. "Well, I do have you all to thank... Oh, I know! How about I return what I... er... borrowed from the caravan?" He points deeper into the glade. "I put it in the back for safe keeping, hehe."

The kodama looks at you. "Please, take what he stole and return it to the rightful owners. The forest has no use for it."

Grand Archive

Female Undine/Elf Sorcerer (Elemental Water) - 4 | P:6 | F:6 R:8 W:8 | hp:24/30 | AC:18 | HP:2/3 | GA | 124312-2013

Betel bows to the kami. Thank you very much she says.

She then goes to collect Dorobu's stash and the scarf.

On the way, she speculates about whether there are kami in the ocean

Horizon Hunters

Male Steelskin Hobgoblin Twisting Tree Magus 1 | Iolite Trainee Hobgoblin | HP 18/18, AC 18 w Lattice Armor (19 w Parry of Staff 2H), Fortitude** +7, Reflex* +4, Will** +4, Perception* +2 (darkvision), Stealth +1 | Speed 25 ft | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions --- | ◆◇↺

Fenris bows as well to the kami after checking his wounds. At seems they are not to be his concern for now. He then helps Betel collect what Dorobu has stolen to return them to their owners. He then returns together with his allies to the village.


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

The kodoma wishes you good luck as it conjures the wind. The hag's ashes blow away and scatter throughout the sky.

When you return, Lin Po and Ti Lan have set up camp. "Looks like you were successful?" Ti Lan relaxes a bit. "Good. I brought some sake. Let's enjoy some tonight, then we can return to Minkai in the morning."

---

What's Brewing is the latest tea house in Minkai. By the time you get there, Amara Li is already laughing alongside Lin Po and Ti Lan.

"Lin Po and Ti Lan told me much of your journey." She calls a server to get more tea ready. "And yet I should hear from you directly." She sits still and waits for your response.

Grand Archive

Female Undine/Elf Sorcerer (Elemental Water) - 4 | P:6 | F:6 R:8 W:8 | hp:24/30 | AC:18 | HP:2/3 | GA | 124312-2013

On the way back, Betel has managed to commandeer an empty barrel, fill it with water and spends most of the trip back submerged in it, just wearing the bare essentials.

I .... was feeling a bit .. erm ... dehydrated she says shyly by way of explanation.

At the tea house she sips tea. Earlier she had almost spat the sake out, finding it ... rather too bitter for her taste buds. Tea was much better.

Well Amara-sama she says. It is as they say. We had to deal with bad kami, and I even merges with a forest kami in order to get insight She smiled a rare broad smile. It was a wonderful experience .. some would say even ... erm she searched for the right word intimate? Anyway, we found the wagon and fought a forest hag who was attempting to control the kami inside the scarf. And them there was a fox person attempting to steal the scarf - maybe bewitched by the hag - we never really found out about that but ... anyway that spirit is in it's home now .. which is probably much better for it? him? her? instead of trapped in a scarf and ... well ... we then came back as quick as we could.


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

"As always, another exciting venture from our Pathfinders." She takes a deep, relaxing sip of her tea. "I did not know of our secret occupant, but I am glad another kami is home. All of you should stay here for some time, and take a vacation." She pauses to build tension. "The tea is quite sweet."

The End

What will you do while I work on the chronicles?

Grand Archive

Female Undine/Elf Sorcerer (Elemental Water) - 4 | P:6 | F:6 R:8 W:8 | hp:24/30 | AC:18 | HP:2/3 | GA | 124312-2013

Betel will take the Venture Captain's offer.

Radiant Oath

LG Paladin of Ragathiel, Zeal Domain 60HP AC: 22 Fort +10;Ref +6; Will +10 1 FP

The half elf will spend time, hunting any undead around the areas.

Verdant Wheel

N Fungus Leshy | Leaf Druid 4 | Fire Resist 2 | Poison Resist 2 HP 48/48 | AC19 | F +10 R +8 W +12 | Perc +12 | Shield: Hardness 3; 12/12 HP Speed: 30 | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Points: 2 | Active Conditions:

"Mmm ashes and dust, food for us all." Eddie responds as the hag blows away with the wind. They approach the cone hat kami with a smile "Glad you are back where you want to be.. and nice hat!" Eddie spends some extra time learning and teaching the ways of the kami and leshies.. just how are they connected? Somehow.

151 to 181 of 181 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Outpost V] GM Chadius 1-06: Lost on the Spirit Road (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.