[GM Chadius] Head-Shot the Rot - Gameplay (Inactive)

Game Master chadius

Slides


101 to 150 of 167 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

5-05 (Thread|Slides) | 1-07 (Thread|Slides)

The southwest and southeast corners have stairs going up. You could climb in or out through the windows, but you will need Athletics checks to make the climb.


”Popcorn” | Female CN Small Leshy Barbarian (Red Dragon Instinct) 3 | HP (58)53/53 | AC (19)20 | F +9 R +6 W +8 | Perc +8 | Default Exploration (Search +8) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: RAGING!

"Well, half of us go left and half go right we can fight from the stairs and try getting them before they get us!" He draws out his scattergun and cocks back the hammer.

"Safety... always off." He offers up a memento to a childhood idol before heading int.


5-05 (Thread|Slides) | 1-07 (Thread|Slides)

Sounds like you'll leave the front door open, climb up the stairs and take shots from there?


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistelero) 3 | HP 39/39 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid Notice) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

Zakzak is already sneaking up the stairs

"ppssst. Come on."


5-05 (Thread|Slides) | 1-07 (Thread|Slides)

A pair of brass braziers with silver filigree are arranged at each side of the entrance, providing comfortable lighting and warmth throughout the building.

The stage is lit, with broken gravestones, iron fences and two people dancing and acting on it. Zombies with coordination? The female... thing... speaks to the male actor.

"Pharasma drains the souls of the living!" She points up at the lights. "The cycle of life and death is how she devours!"

"If only someone could halt the flow. Prevent the living from going to Death!" The man speaks. "We could... of course! The blessing of undeath will guide us, my dear!" He chuckles.

While those two idiots dance, the audience rise from their seats and lurch after you.

Initiative:

Booker: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Doc: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Zakzak: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28
Zindarel: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Aldthistle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Zombies: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

Round 1
Zakzak
Booker
Big Zombie (Green Octagon)
Zombie (Red Square)
Zombie (Red Circle)
Zombie (Black Square)
Zombie (Black Circle)
Melsa Aldthistle (Purple Circle)
Harven Aldthistle (Purple Square)
Zindarel
Doc

You can make 1 free Knowledge (Religion) check to identify the smaller undead, the big undead and the duo on stage.

Theater map is >HERE<


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistelero) 3 | HP 39/39 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid Notice) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

No recall knowledge for Zakzak, he doesn't know anything except they're zombies. Probably

Is there actually a second floor or balcony or are these stairs essentially a dead end?


5-05 (Thread|Slides) | 1-07 (Thread|Slides)

In reality, there would be a second floor. But there's no map for it. I'll say there's a door at the top of the stairs that is locked. You may unlock the old fashioned way or the loud way.


”Popcorn” | Female CN Small Leshy Barbarian (Red Dragon Instinct) 3 | HP (58)53/53 | AC (19)20 | F +9 R +6 W +8 | Perc +8 | Default Exploration (Search +8) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: RAGING!

Booker closes the door behind the group as they head inside, hoping its the right decision. He heads up the stairs to the right behind Doc.

"Guess its time to light 'em up!" There's no sense in waiting for a better time, Booker takes aim at the closest, a black square of a zombie and unleashes a cloud of smoke and a hail of lead.

"BOOM!"

Ranged: +1 Dwarven Scattergun (concussive, dwarf, kickback, scatter 10 ft., magical, range increment 50 feet, reload 1): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Damage: Piercing and Concussive, Splash 1: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Too bad the gun fires before he had a chance to aim! "S&~!!" He quickly clears the jam and reloads.

Nat 1 is misfire right? Action to clear? I gotta look it up, but either way I think my turn is over.

Edit: I guess misfires aren't natural ones, at least for the scattergun... so I'll just reload and take another shot.

"BOOM!"

Ranged: +1 Dwarven Scattergun (concussive, dwarf, kickback, scatter 10 ft., magical, range increment 50 feet, reload 1): 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 5 = 20

Damage: Piercing and Concussive, Splash 1: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistelero) 3 | HP 39/39 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid Notice) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

Zakzak changes his mind as the horde or zombies approaches."I need to get closer!" He jumps down the stairs and starts firing at the closest zombie.

◇ Ten paces (Step 10ft and draw weapon)
◆Strike at Red Circle
+1 Spoongun, (Cobbled, scatter 5 ft.): 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 - 2 = 17Potential slashing damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 +1 slashing splash damage within 5ft including target on a hit

◆Risky Reload and Strike at Red Circle
+1 Spoongun, (Cobbled, scatter 5 ft.): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 2 = 13Potential slashing damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 +1 slashing splash damage within 5ft including target on a hit

if last one is a miss, ◆interact to clear, otherwise ◆reload


5-05 (Thread|Slides) | 1-07 (Thread|Slides)

Booker decides to close the wooden doors behind them. No outside interference, but nowhere to run.

His first shot rings throughout the theater. "Always a critic." Melsa rolls her eyes and waves the undead towards you. Booker's second shot hits a man dressed in black with a squared piece of wood on his arm. Zakzak takes a few steps forward and finishes it off.

Zakzak takes a risk and quickly reloads. A bunch of forks nick the patron in a puffy red dress. It responds by dragging itself in his face.

As the others approach, one of the creatures is much larger than the others. Must have been security. It's much faster than the others, too. Stopping near the front door, it looks

1 is West, 2 is East: 1d2 ⇒ 2

East and gets right in Booker's face. It's still wearing its Green Octagonal shades.


5-05 (Thread|Slides) | 1-07 (Thread|Slides)

Round 1
Big Zombie (Green Octagon)
Zombie (Red Square)
Zombie (Red Circle)
Zombie (Black Square)
Zombie (Black Circle)
Melsa Aldthistle (Purple Circle)
Harven Aldthistle (Purple Square)
Zindarel
Doc

Round 2
Zakzak
Booker

You can make 1 free Knowledge (Religion) check to identify the smaller undead, the big undead and/or the duo on stage.

Theater map is >HERE<


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistelero) 3 | HP 39/39 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid Notice) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

what kind of action or movement penalty would be for jumping on/off/over/under the tables? Just like difficult terrain or acrobatics checks?


Female CN Human Gunslinger 3 'Doc Featherton'| HP 32/32 | AC 20 | F: +7, R: +11, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None.

Having taken a while to get going, Doc notes that the Zombies have thankfully come into good range for both Problem AND Solution.

Religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

"We need to deal with the abominations on the stage! I guess I'll just have to blast my way through!"

Targetting Black Oval
Problem, +1 Duelling Pistol: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Solution, Dragon Mouth Pistol: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Damage,Problem, +1 Duelling Pistol: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
If fatal:
Damage,Problem, +1 Duelling Pistol: 2d10 + 1 ⇒ (1, 5) + 1 = 7 x2!

Solution damage, 1 splash.

◆ Dual Weapon reload, Problem.


”Zindarel” | f LG Medium Elf Gunslinger (Sniper) 3 | | HP 30/30 | AC 20 | F +7 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: avoid notice | Speed 35 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"I got them," Zindarel calls calmly down to Doc from her place up on the stairs. While the others have been rushing into the face of danger, she has crept to a spot of concealment but reveals herself with a bang, now, firing on the woman on stage.

◆ +1 mithral tree: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
◇ one shot, one kill: 1d6 ⇒ 4

She ducks into cover behind the banister and pops in a fresh round before popping back up to pop the woman again.

◆ +1 mithral tree: 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 12 - 5 = 21
piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The second shot is using Cover Fire so if the target ducks, it gains a +2 circumstance bonus to AC against your attack, or a +4 circumstance bonus to AC if it has cover. It also takes a –2 circumstance penalty to ranged attack rolls until the end of its next turn. If the target chooses not to duck, you gain a +1 circumstance bonus to your attack roll for that Strike.


”Popcorn” | Female CN Small Leshy Barbarian (Red Dragon Instinct) 3 | HP (58)53/53 | AC (19)20 | F +9 R +6 W +8 | Perc +8 | Default Exploration (Search +8) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: RAGING!

"Woah, look at the size of this one Doc!" Booker slams the overgrown zombo in the face with the butt of his gun, hoping to Clear a Path for an easy reload. THWACK!

Clear a Path: Athletics to Shove: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

He pops open the break, sending the spent shell flying before smoothly sliding in a fresh one. He levels his scattergun off his right hip and pulls the trigger smoothly.

BOOM! A spray of pellets showers both the zombo and Booker. Booker takes the 1 splash, as does Doc if the Shove was unsuccessful.

Ranged: +1 Dwarven Scattergun: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 5 = 23

Damage: Piercing and Concussive, Splash 1: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

He releases a hand off the scattergun and draws out the new bladed pistol.

"Concentrate some fire on this hulk before it tears my arms off for a snack!"


5-05 (Thread|Slides) | 1-07 (Thread|Slides)

Zindarel's first shot hits, are Melsa snarls. "How dare you-" Zindarel dares a second time. "Interrupting our performance? Pharasma's sinners must be punished!"

Doc Featherton suggests clearing the field and starts with a well aimed shot, turning the woman in black into a smear of red. She's not sure what kind of undead they are, but the smaller ones go squish, quickly.

Booker sees the big one come closer. Nice shades. He shoves it back 5 feet and quickly reloads. It's far enough to protect Doc Featherton from the backblast. Booker takes it on the chin, he's done this before.

Zakzak wonders about the most direct, yet heroic, way through.
I'd consider it Difficult Terrain for a small goblin like you. You can make a DC 15 Athletics check to roll under a table while moving at full speed.

You hear noises from the outside. No rhyme or reason as fists pound against the door. Looks like more targets will arrive soon...


5-05 (Thread|Slides) | 1-07 (Thread|Slides)

Round 2
Zakzak
Booker (1 damage)

Round 3
Big Zombie (Green Octagon) 4 damage
Zombie (Red Square)
Zombie (Red Circle) 2 damage
Melsa Aldthistle (Purple Circle) 4 damage
Harven Aldthistle (Purple Square)
Zindarel
Doc

Theater map is >HERE<


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistelero) 3 | HP 39/39 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid Notice) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

Zakzak scoots under the table to get some distance between him and the slow moving zombies.

◆ Stride ◆ Strike v Red Circle ◆ Risky Reload and Strike v Red circle

+1 Spoon Gun: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17Slashing damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 +1 splash damage

+1 Spoon Gun: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9Slashing damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 +1 splash damage

Assuming the second shot misses
DC5 Flat check for misfire: 1d20 ⇒ 12

He tries to make two quick shots in succession, but the gun jams temporarily on the second shot lamely spilling cutlery at Zakzak's feet instead of blasting zombies! "Gahh! Danged thing."


5-05 (Thread|Slides) | 1-07 (Thread|Slides)

Zakzak's spoongun slices, dices and makes a mess of the undead. His slashing ammunition is quite effective. He points at another creature but the weapon jams. Just as finishes loosening a kitchen knife, Melsa Aldthistle gets close enough to raise her hand, covered in a purple glow.

Harm: 1d8 ⇒ 3 Zakzak: Fort Save DC 18 to halve the damage.

The other intelligent creature hops off the stage and pulls a dagger. "I'll get the elf."

Zindarel finds a zombie in her face. His red ascot drips with... ketchup. What a waste.
Slam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

The big guy in green strides up to Booker and slobbers Because I forgot it is Slowed and didn't have enough actions to close in.

The knocking at the door gets louder. "Let them in, my dear!" Melsa laughs. "More fans of the show approach!"


5-05 (Thread|Slides) | 1-07 (Thread|Slides)

Round 3
Big Zombie (Green Octagon) 4 damage
Zombie (Red Square)
Melsa Aldthistle (Purple Circle) 4 damage
Harven Aldthistle (Purple Square)
Zindarel
Doc

Round 4
Zakzak
Booker (1 damage)

Theater map is >HERE<


Female CN Human Gunslinger 3 'Doc Featherton'| HP 32/32 | AC 20 | F: +7, R: +11, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None.

"Book, you'll have to deal with the big guy! I'm here to patch you up. The talking ones need to die again! I'm going to give him a few Problems."

With that, Doc lines up a shot, reloads and shoots again.

Target is Harven Aldthistle (Purple Square)

Problem, +1 Duelling Pistol: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
If a hit Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
◆ Dual Weapon reload, Problem.

Problem, +1 Duelling Pistol: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
If a hit Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
If a crit Damage: 2d10 + 1 ⇒ (6, 2) + 1 = 9 x2


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistelero) 3 | HP 39/39 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid Notice) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

mixed up cobbled and risky reload, last strike ended with a misfire

◆Interact to clear misfire ◆Raconteur's Reload Demoralize Melsa and Reload ◆Stride

Fort save v harm: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Zakzak bashes the gun against the table leg a couple times to get the jammed knife loose.

As the negative energy burns the goblin he snarls fiercely and uses the distraction to reload.
Demoralize v Melsa: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Then he scurries away trying to keep his distance. He sees his best friend Zindarel under attack and the huge zombie slobbering on Booker. For a moment he seems torn on who needs his help more but ultimately decides to help Zinny. He shouts. "Hang on! I'm coming!"


”Popcorn” | Female CN Small Leshy Barbarian (Red Dragon Instinct) 3 | HP (58)53/53 | AC (19)20 | F +9 R +6 W +8 | Perc +8 | Default Exploration (Search +8) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: RAGING!

Booker grits his teeth at the thought Best hit this thing hard and fast. He hacks down at it with the blade of the piercing wind hoping to lop off an arm or at least give him an easy shot with the pistol.

Melee: Piercing Wind (S): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 181d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

If that hits then I can fire the gun, if it doesn't then I'll swing the blade again.

POP!

Ranged: Piercing Wind (P/B): 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 5 = 91d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Melee: Piercing Wind (S): 1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 10 = 61d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

"I hoped that would go better than that!"

I think I did that right, the dice just didn't cooperate. If the first melee misses then all three are just melee swings and misses and I'm still loaded.

Piercing Wind


”Zindarel” | f LG Medium Elf Gunslinger (Sniper) 3 | | HP 30/30 | AC 20 | F +7 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: avoid notice | Speed 35 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"He's all yours, Zakzak," Zindarel calls out to her partner.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

She dives past the zombie and puts her back against the wall.

Quickly she reloads then gives the undead talking woman an option again...get moving or get shot.

◆ +1 mithral tree: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
◇ one shot, one kill: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Fatal?: 2d10 + 1 ⇒ (6, 7) + 1 = 14

If that Move through is not successful she stays where she is. If it is, I put an X where she would end up.


5-05 (Thread|Slides) | 1-07 (Thread|Slides)

Booker's Piercing Wind slashes across the big zombie, pushing it back. The blade is particularly effective. His shot isn't, however.

Doc Featherton tries to solve the problem and kill the man about to answer the door. Her shots ring true, especially the second shot. "The show isn't over until the fat lady sings..." He mumbles, his eyes fixed on the door.

Zakzak yips at Melsa, who simply smirks and... tickles him with an ounce of negative energy. He continues to flee.

Round 3
Big Zombie (Green Octagon) 21 damage
Zombie (Red Square)
Melsa Aldthistle (Purple Circle) 4 damage
Harven Aldthistle (Purple Square) 27 damage
Zindarel
Doc

Round 4
Zakzak (1 damage)
Booker (1 damage)

Theater map is >HERE<


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistelero) 3 | HP 39/39 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid Notice) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

Zindarel went


”Popcorn” | Female CN Small Leshy Barbarian (Red Dragon Instinct) 3 | HP (58)53/53 | AC (19)20 | F +9 R +6 W +8 | Perc +8 | Default Exploration (Search +8) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: RAGING!

I don't believe my melee attack should knock the big zombo back. The shove ability is only when I go to reload. If the blade seems more effective then I'll probably just keep slashing for now.

"Best blast a hole in that purple guy heading for the door unless you just want to see me spraying lead into a crowd!" Sure would rather do that than smell this guy's breath any longer.


5-05 (Thread|Slides) | 1-07 (Thread|Slides)

Booker's Piercing Wind swings twice more, but Big Green ignores the blows. Zindarel does much better, sliding down the banister and shooting Melsa again. She feels the doors groaning and creaking against the outside.
One Strike, One Kill only works on your first round of combat, I believe.

Harven places his hand across his chest. Necrotic energy surges through him. "Alas, you must be patient, my dear."
Harm: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
He runs up to the door, right in front of Zindarel. "Pharasma must pay. We're here to collect!"

Melsa raises her dagger. "The green one and the tall one- the worst types of hecklers."

The red zombie swings at Zakzak, but heroes don't die.
Red vs Zakzak: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

The big green thing attacks Booker, clobbering him over the head and grabbing him.
Green vs Booker: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
He can feel the arms wrap around him. Big Green grins with gangrene.

Round 4
Big Zombie (Green Octagon) 21 damage, Grabbing Booker
Zombie (Red Square)
Melsa Aldthistle (Purple Circle) 9 damage
Harven Aldthistle (Purple Square) 13 damage
Zindarel
Doc

Round 5
Zakzak (1 damage)
Booker (15 damage) Grabbed by Big Zombie

Theater map is >HERE<


1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistelero) 3 | HP 39/39 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid Notice) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

◆Stride ◆Strike v. Big Green ◆Risky Reload reload and strike v. Big Green

Zakzak taunts Melsa and the zombie as he scurries off. "Pbbbtttt" you're too slow! Nyaaa!"

Zakzak tries to keep some of the zombies busy by running around faster than they can go. He runs to towards east side of the room and tries to help take out the big greenie. "Hang on big guy!"

Spoon Gun: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26slashing damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5+1 splash damage w/i 5ft on a hit. Sorry Booker!

Unsure of how much punishment the bug guy could take and how much longer Booker can hold out, Zakzak rushes to load his gun again, just shoving a handful of powder and cutlery in the end of the gun.

Spoon Gun: 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 5 = 26slashing damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3+1 splash damage w/i 5ft on a hit. Sorry again Booker!


”Popcorn” | Female CN Small Leshy Barbarian (Red Dragon Instinct) 3 | HP (58)53/53 | AC (19)20 | F +9 R +6 W +8 | Perc +8 | Default Exploration (Search +8) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: RAGING!

Booker groans as he stares into the green teeth, he can see his reflection in the zombo brute's glasses. A trickle of blood starts running down his face. He doesn't say anything but he knows its about to get messy for someone...

Melee: Piercing Wind (S): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 151d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Melee: Piercing Wind (S): 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 5 = 131d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Melee: Piercing Wind (S): 1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 10 = 11d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Well that could have gone better... damn dice bot.


”Zindarel” | f LG Medium Elf Gunslinger (Sniper) 3 | | HP 30/30 | AC 20 | F +7 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: avoid notice | Speed 35 ft | Active Conditions: ---

You're right about the One Shot, One Kill. The profile has it all together and I forgot to delete it before posting.

"Somebody needs to stop this guy before he gets the door open!" Zindarel declares as one of the bad actors gets next to her.

She's not the person to do it though and she moves away from him, jogging past Zakzak then spinning, reloading and giving the male lead the same option he gave the female lead.

◆ +1 mithral tree vs. Harven: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Fatal?: 2d10 + 1 ⇒ (5, 7) + 1 = 13

Using Cover Fire, again so if the target ducks, it gains a +2 circumstance bonus to AC against the attack, or a +4 circumstance bonus to AC if it has cover. It also takes a –2 circumstance penalty to ranged attack rolls until the end of its next turn. If the target chooses not to duck, she gains a +1 circumstance bonus to the attack roll for that Strike.


Female CN Human Gunslinger 3 'Doc Featherton'| HP 32/32 | AC 20 | F: +7, R: +11, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None.

"Hey big guy! Put Book down."

◆ Dual Weapon reload, Problem.

Problem, +1 Duelling Pistol: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Problem, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Reloading Strike, stabbing with bayonet: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Problem is now loaded.


Female CN Human Gunslinger 3 'Doc Featherton'| HP 32/32 | AC 20 | F: +7, R: +11, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None.

Oops. I need to move.
Scrap the last action.
First should be Step.


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistelero) 3 | HP 39/39 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid Notice) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

Zindarel I think you roll 3 dice for fatal. 2 for the crit and 1 more for fatal, all upgraded to d10


”Zindarel” | f LG Medium Elf Gunslinger (Sniper) 3 | | HP 30/30 | AC 20 | F +7 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: avoid notice | Speed 35 ft | Active Conditions: ---

I think that it just becomes the 2 dice at d10 and then is doubled for the Crit. In 2e you don't double your rolls you just double the damage. In this case, if it's not a crit, it does 3 damage. If it is a crit it does 26 (the "Fatal?" listed doubled.)


5-05 (Thread|Slides) | 1-07 (Thread|Slides)

Zindarel backs away from the door and keeps her sights on what's left of Melsa. "You... insignificant critic! You'll never make it out of Alkenstar!" And neither will Melsa. The shot goes cleanly through her head and she stands motionless.

Melsa begins to sing, then scream as her body releases corrupt energy around her. Zakzak and Zindarel feel the energy sapping away at them. Big green seems to... breathe it all in.

"Melsa! You'll be a legendary Posthumous Playwright! I'll make sure of that!" Harven weeps briefly for his wife.

Harm: 1d8 ⇒ 3 Fort Save DC 20 to halve

Doc Featherton shoots Big Green once but her bayonet scrapes against Big Green's buttons on his coat.

Zakzak to the rescue! He shoots Big Green once and notices how well the kitchen knife slashes across. So he fires again, and the sink handle slashes Big Green's arm, freeing Booker and turning the big guy into a pile of mush.

Booker pulls some utensils out of his side before wearily giving a thumbs up. Now free, he wonders that he should do. Harven Aldthistle is reaching for the door...


5-05 (Thread|Slides) | 1-07 (Thread|Slides)

Round 4
Zombie (Red Square)
Harven Aldthistle (Purple Square) 10 damage
Zindarel (3 damage DC 20 Fort to halve)
Doc

Round 5
Zakzak (1 damage) (3 damage DC 20 Fort to halve)
Booker (23 damage)

Theater map is >HERE<


5-05 (Thread|Slides) | 1-07 (Thread|Slides)

Oops, I was not tracking the damage on Harven correctly.
"Come, my fans!" The doors begin to surge before him before falling over him. "W-wait!" The oak doors crush him into a fine paste.

Three more massive zombies punch through the door, seeking more blood. But first, the remaining smaller zombie heads towards the nearest target:
Even is Zakzak, Odd is Booker: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Slam vs Zakzak: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Bludgeon: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
The goblin gets a fist on the noggin.


5-05 (Thread|Slides) | 1-07 (Thread|Slides)

Round 5
Biggie Black
White Whale
Really big Red
Zombie (Red Square)
Zindarel (3 damage DC 20 Fort to halve)
Doc

Round 6
Zakzak (9 damage) (3 damage DC 20 Fort to halve)
Booker (23 damage)

Theater map is >HERE<


Female CN Human Gunslinger 3 'Doc Featherton'| HP 32/32 | AC 20 | F: +7, R: +11, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None.

Dropping the unloaded solution, Doc rubs a salve into Booker's wounds.

Battle Medicine, DC20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Healing: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (5, 6) + 15 = 26

◆ Reload Problem

Shoot Red Square: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Fatal on Red: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 x2
Fatal extra die: 1d10 ⇒ 6

16 damage to red.

"Now let's finish this!"


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistelero) 3 | HP 39/39 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid Notice) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

Fort save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

As the negative energy washes over him and the zombie hits Zakzak he crumples to the ground. Dead.


”Zindarel” | f LG Medium Elf Gunslinger (Sniper) 3 | | HP 30/30 | AC 20 | F +7 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: avoid notice | Speed 35 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Zindarel curses in elven as one of the actors gets the doors open. She trusts Zakzak to deal with the nearest zombie so plants herself, reloads, fires at the big white whale and reloads.

◆ +1 mithral tree: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Fatal?: 2d10 + 1 ⇒ (2, 10) + 1 = 13

Using Cover Fire, as usual.


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistelero) 3 | HP 39/39 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid Notice) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

Then he pops up and blasts the zombie right in the face! "Ah ha! Got ya, ya dumb thing"

Create Diversion v red square: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Spoon Gun: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 slashing damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 +1 Splash damage

◆Raconteur's Reload, Reload and diversion v zombie red square ◆Strike v red square ◆Stride


”Popcorn” | Female CN Small Leshy Barbarian (Red Dragon Instinct) 3 | HP (58)53/53 | AC (19)20 | F +9 R +6 W +8 | Perc +8 | Default Exploration (Search +8) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: RAGING!

"Thanks Doc, you're a miracle worker!" Seeing he doesn't have time to be cute, Book drops the bladed gun and reloads his scattergun, hefts it up and blasts towards the white zombo at the door.

Ranged: +1 Dwarven Scattergun vs white square: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Damage: Piercing and Concussive, Splash 1: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Was really hoping to stow the piercing wind, I'm sure i'll just end up picking it up soon anyhow. At least I hit multiple zombies with the splash 1 and not myself for once.


5-05 (Thread|Slides) | 1-07 (Thread|Slides)

Zindarel's Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Zindarel plants herself and takes aim at stabs at the white whale from across the theater.

Doc realizes Booker won't be able to take another beating like that and rubs a salve into his side, revitalizing him. She then pops the smaller red zombie with a single shot. No problem.

Zakzak dies!...of laughter before blasting the White Whale. The slashing shards tear holes in the zombies, must stronger than normal.

Booker feels great, so he stands his ground to shoot the new guests. The White Whale is quite a mess, and Booker gets to see it upclose.

White vs Booker: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

What's left of a portly man in a Really big Red blazer moves up to Doc Featherton.
Red vs Doc: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The fat lady in a Biggie Black dress wanders through the theater, eventually locking eyes with Zindarel.


5-05 (Thread|Slides) | 1-07 (Thread|Slides)

Round 6
Biggie Black (12 damage)
White Whale (40 damage)
Really big Red (12 damage)
Zindarel (3 damage)
Doc (7 damage)

Round 7
Zakzak (12 damage)
Booker (7 damage)

Theater map is >HERE<


”Popcorn” | Female CN Small Leshy Barbarian (Red Dragon Instinct) 3 | HP (58)53/53 | AC (19)20 | F +9 R +6 W +8 | Perc +8 | Default Exploration (Search +8) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: RAGING!

Booker gets socked in the gut "Guuuuuh" He snaps open his scattergun's break, pops the spent cartridge out and pops in a fresh one. He mentally apologizes to Doc as he pulls the trigger point blank.

BOOOM!

Ranged: +1 Dwarven Scattergun vs white square: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Damage: Piercing and Concussive, Splash 1: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
1 splash for the group of us.

Before the smoke can start to clear he swing the stock around to Clear a Path and reloads for hopefully another chance.

Shove vs Red: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Regular reload, Strike white, Clear a Path vs Red.


”Zindarel” | f LG Medium Elf Gunslinger (Sniper) 3 | | HP 30/30 | AC 20 | F +7 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: avoid notice | Speed 35 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Zindarel doesn't like the way the woman is eyeing her.

"I just came for a show, not a dance," she says and heads for the bar.

She doesn't get a drink though she does take a shot. But it isn't at the lady, it's at the robust red fellow.

Then she reloads, ready for the woman when and if she comes.

◆ +1 mithral tree vs. Red: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Fatal?: 2d10 + 1 ⇒ (5, 7) + 1 = 13

Cover Fire, as usual.


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistelero) 3 | HP 39/39 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid Notice) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

Zakzak has backed himself into a corner and can't see much of what's happening on the other side of the stairs, but he sees the lady in the black dress heading straight toward Zinny! "Look out Zinny!"

◆Reload ◆Strike ◆Risky Reload (reload and strike)

Spoon gun: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22 slashing damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 +1 splash damage

Spoon gun: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 slashing damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 +1 splash damage


5-05 (Thread|Slides) | 1-07 (Thread|Slides)

From hell's heart, Booker blasts at the White Whale, reducing it to a pile of gore and ash. He quickly butts Really big Red back and mentally apologizes to an annoyed Doc Featherton.

As it stumbles back, Zindarel's shot hits its side.

Zakzak ninjas the DM heroically unloads on the fat lady in Biggie Black, hitting her twice.

White is gone. Damage counts: 32 on Real big Red. Biggie Black 44. Booker 8, Doc 8
Doc can finish the round.

1 to 50 of 167 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GM Chadius] Head-Shot the Rot - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.