Hmm's PF2 #1-07 Flooded King's Court and Other Tales (Inactive)

Game Master Hmm

Lost on the Spirit Road Maps


501 to 550 of 556 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Year of Fortune's Fall // DA Duology Maps

As Scratch is saying this, some of the snow begins to clear itself at his feet, spraying outwards in a path that leads into the forest. Following the spraying snow, Scratch* glances and notices some orange fur snagged on a branch, and other broken branches further on.

Meanwhile, Ti Lan and Lin Po admit that they would rather regroup here. "We're exhausted and we have wagons to fix. If you think you can track down the bandit who took the relic... go with our blessing," Ti Lan says.

_______
*I'm taking that earlier survival roll and letting you pick up the trail again.

Radiant Oath

CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

"You no worry! We go get relic back for you!" Loola smiles optimistically at Ti Lan and Lin Po.

Paizo Employee

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Human Barrister Rogue 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +3 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | Init +2 | speed 30 ft.| Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: --

"Of course," Tess says warmly. "We're so glad to find you in one piece — more or less," she adds. "The Venture Captain will be so relieved. We're happy to take on the next stage of the relic recovery for you! Perhaps we can meet back in the village?" Tess looks to Grams and the others to see if this makes sense to everyone.

Noticing Scratch picking up a trail, Tess walks over, eager to begin the chase and wondering if they'll encounter any other kami on the way.

Horizon Hunters

LG Female dwarf (rock) champion 2 | HP 36 | AC 19/21 | F +9 R +7 W +6 | Perc +8 | Stealth +1 | Speed: 15 ft. |

Grams nods, agreeing with the others.

"It looks like Scratch is already on it," she says. "Everyone ready? Make sure you have your weapons set; we might need them!"

Once she's sure they are all set to go, she nods to Scratch to proceed.

Then she looks back.

"Once you're ready, head back to Basuru if you can. They were very welcoming to us. Remember, though, if you get lost, just stay in one place. Wandering around will only get you more lost and make it harder to find you."

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

"Me born ready, Grams," says Loola, brimming with excitement. The small blue goblin lass grasps her mace, and follows Scratch deeper into the woods.

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Half-Orc Druid (Wild) 1┃ hp 19/19┃AC 15┃Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +9┃Per +7, low-light vision┃ Speed 25┃Athletics +4 · Herbalism +3 · Intimidate +3 · Nature +7 · Stealth +4 · Survival +7┃Focus 1/1┃Spells 1st—1/2┃Hero Points 0/1┃Active Conditions:

Sandstone bows to Ti Lan and Lin Po and heads off after Scratch. Thinking of something, he stops and points out a particular tree. "The leaves of that tree are good for helping bruises fade." He attempts to wink but it's not great as he's out of practice. "I call it bruiseleaf."

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

Scratch snatches the orange fur from the branch and takes a deep whiff then stuffs it in a pocket "Looks like Torag and these kami folks worked out somethin' of an accord. Guess we're on the trail now!" He waves the others along and marches ahead, crossbow in hand.


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Year of Fortune's Fall // DA Duology Maps

Weapons in hand, you tromp through the woods, snow blowing furiously out of your path ahead of you, wind at your back. As you arrive, you hear, "Stop tripping me, you stupid trees! You're supposed to be listening to ME!"

THWACK!

You hear the sound of someone falling over. "Ow!"

As you come nearer, you see him get up, shakily. He's limpiing and a bit bruised. His ears twitch as he sees the snow blowing ahead of you, and he turns back to the trees, yelling, "Really?!" The branches start shoving him forward to you. He sighs. "Apparently, this part of the forest thinks we should talk. Have you got another relic or something?"

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Female dwarf (rock) champion 2 | HP 36 | AC 19/21 | F +9 R +7 W +6 | Perc +8 | Stealth +1 | Speed: 15 ft. |

This is the kitsune?

"No," Grams said, "but I think you need to give the relic you took back. That's what the trees are angry about. Plus, you stole it! Didn't anyone ever teach you not to steal?"

She's not completely certain that's true, but feels it probably is.

Radiant Oath

CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

"Yeah! You give back! No stealing!" Loola wags a finger while echoing the scolding given by Grams.

Paizo Employee

3 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Human Barrister Rogue 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +3 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | Init +2 | speed 30 ft.| Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: --

I have no idea if this has a chance of succeeding, but I'm going for it!

Speaking of stealing... Tess thinks as she surreptitiously looks around at the trees. She takes advantage of the trees' agitation and general chaos and attempts to fade back from the party to see if she can get behind the kitsune — in case he tries to make a run for it or she needs to attempt to steal back the relic.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

@Tess: LOVE IT!

Verdant Wheel

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Half-Orc Druid (Wild) 1┃ hp 19/19┃AC 15┃Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +9┃Per +7, low-light vision┃ Speed 25┃Athletics +4 · Herbalism +3 · Intimidate +3 · Nature +7 · Stealth +4 · Survival +7┃Focus 1/1┃Spells 1st—1/2┃Hero Points 0/1┃Active Conditions:

Sandstone catches Tess's flanking maneuver out of the corner of his eye. Through his connection with the kami, he gently suggests to the trees that they might attempt to aid her.

Nature: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13


1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Year of Fortune's Fall // DA Duology Maps

The kitsune, still talking to Grams and Loola, does not notice Tess sneaking up behind him!

"But... with all this primal energy, we could tap into great things! We could do great things!"

Tess, give me a thievery roll!

Everyone else, do you want to try an Intimidate or Nature roll to change his mind?

Horizon Hunters

2 people marked this as a favorite.
LG Female dwarf (rock) champion 2 | HP 36 | AC 19/21 | F +9 R +7 W +6 | Perc +8 | Stealth +1 | Speed: 15 ft. |

"We've seen some horrible things," Grams says, voice taking on a grandmotherly sternness. "Tree spirits attacking a village, trying to steal children. Stone dogs attacking passers-by. Do you really think that's something good, much less great? Think about it. I think you'll realize that the relic has to go back to a safe place."

Intimidation (trained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

"Yeah!"

Intimidation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Loola tries to growl like a bear, in the way that Iqu taught her, but it sounds more similar to a sick cat than anything else.

Vigilant Seal

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

I approve of Tess's actions 100%.

"Yer barkin' up the wrong tree fella with talk like that. Ole Scratch here ain't about ta let ya keep messin' with ancient magic doo-hickies that are more trouble than their worth. I think its pretty clear the forest wanted ya ta be nabbed." He merely points to the cleared trail behind them and the tangled one behind the Kitsune.

Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Vigilant Seal says HOLD UP BUDDY! Wish they would have said it a bit louder though... Reroll time!

Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

BAM!

Paizo Employee

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Human Barrister Rogue 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +3 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | Init +2 | speed 30 ft.| Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: --

Tess, hoping her intimidating (more or less) companions fully hold the kitsune's attention, attempts to reclaim the relic!

Thievery: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


2 people marked this as a favorite.
"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Year of Fortune's Fall // DA Duology Maps

The kitsune, cowed by dwarven doubleteam of both Grams and Ranger Steeltoe, sighs, and says, "You're right. I shouldn't be doing this." But as he reaches for the sack, the sneaky Tess has already grabbed the relic from him. He looks at the forest around him, and says, "Really?!"

Nicely done! Hero points all around!

But as Tess proudly holds up the sack with the relic, another ripple in primal energy hits! Then the Kitsune laughs. "Oh this is rich. The forest is still so hyped up and angry, it doesn't know its own mind. It's still attacking. Ha ha ha!" He dives into the center of you. "Still, I'd rather not die, and it looks like at least two of you have axes, right?"

Remember the extra axe you got back at the caravan?

"So... now that we're friends and all..." the Kitsune looks hopefully at you. "You'll protect me... right? By the way, my name's Dorobu. Under the circumstances, I'm pleased to meet you!"

There is a pounding and a shaking, and its clear that something in the forest is coming towards you! Then you see them! Another one of those sticky pine trees and a BIG TREE-THING!

On your turn, you may use an action to figure out what the BIG TREE-THING is with Nature if you would like!

Who Goes First?:

Grams, Perception (expert): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Iqu, Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Loola, Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Sandstone, Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Scratch, Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Tess, Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

BIG GREEN TREE-THING: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Red Spruce: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1
Active conditions:

Scratch
Sandstone

================================

Sticky Red Spruce
BIG GREEN TREE-THING

================================

Loola
Tess
Grams
Iqu

================================

SLIDE ONE

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

"Don't think yer gettin' outta this smellin' like rosewater, best you make use or yerself or I'll sick some trees on ya after!" Scratch rubs his eyes and tries to get a good look at the large tree before aiming his frosty crossbow and firing at a soft spot.

Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Crossbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage (P), Precision: 1d10 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (7) + 2 + (4) = 13

Hunt Prey, Recall Knowledge, Strike!

Hrm I finally read up on potency crystal. Guess I gotta declare it before I roll, I was thinking I could after a hit was registered. For clarity's sake I'll use it on my next crossbow attack.. so likely next round. **Also, that stuff was vs big Green. Didn't notice Red.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Year of Fortune's Fall // DA Duology Maps

Scratch recognizes the big Green Tree as a weakened Arboreal Warden. It has a big wooden shield that it can use really effectively in combat, and is hard to damage without spells, fire or slashing weapons. Axes are amazing against it.

Also, the big tree is not a pine, and does not appear to be sticky at all. Alas, Scratch's first shot misses!

Dorobu looks at Scratch incredulously. "What? I already told you to use axes. That's helpful, right?"

Whomever wants the axe from the caravan can claim it!

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1
Active conditions:

Scratch
Sandstone

================================

Sticky Red Spruce
BIG GREEN TREE-THING

================================

Loola
Tess
Grams
Iqu

================================

SLIDE ONE

Radiant Oath

CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

"THIS why we not steal relics!" Loola admonishes Dorobu.

Paizo Employee

1 person marked this as a favorite.
| HP: 20/20 | AC 17 | F:+7 R:+6 W:+5 | Speed 20 ft. | Hero Points: 1/3 | Perc +7 | Acrobatics +4, Athletics +7, Crafting +5, Lore (Scouting, Tanning) +3, Nature +5, Survival +5 | Active Conditions: None

Iqu's glad she totally grabbed that axe earlier... What kind was it again?


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Year of Fortune's Fall // DA Duology Maps

It is a Greataxe.


I am the tool of the GM

Click. Whirr.

Botting Sandstone

◈ wild morph (V)
Sandstone pushes out some sharp and slashing claws!

◈◈ produce flame (S,V)

WHOOOMPH!

Produce Flame Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Fire Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Sandstone sends a ball of flame right at the big tree.


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Year of Fortune's Fall // DA Duology Maps

Sandstone's ball of flame hits the big tree for 18 damage, since it has a weakness to fire! It notices this.

The sticky Red Spruce moves up to Tess.

Branch Slap!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Piercing damage plus sap: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

It also slaps Loola!

Branch Slap!: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 5 = 23
Piercing damage plus sap: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

DC 17 Reflex Save from both of you or this happens:

You suffer the effects of a Lesser Tanglefoot Bag.

Meanwhile, BIG GREEN moves forward.

◈ Stride
◈◈ Shield Push

The tree uses its special shield push ability to strike at Grams! If it hits, Grams is pushed back ten feet.

Shield bash: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

...And it misses, slipping a bit on the snow on the ground as it tries to aim.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1 / 2
Active conditions:

Scratch
Sandstone

================================

Sticky Red Spruce
BIG GREEN TREE-THING (-18)

================================

Loola (-8, need reflex)
Tess (-7, need reflex)
Grams
Iqu

================================

SLIDE ONE

Vigilant Seal

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

"Maybe that magic dooo-hicky on my crossbow can push up the OOMPH on that big guard tree. If not I'm gonna work on the smaller spruce so stay outta my line o fire!"

Scratch shifts his position to the south then reloads and fires off a magically enhanced bolt at green again.

Crossbow, Potency Crystal: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 = 27
Damage (P), Precision: 2d10 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (9, 7) + 2 + (3) = 21

Potency Crystal:

This fluorite crystal glows with a strange phosphorescence. When you activate the crystal, the weapon becomes a +1 striking weapon for the rest of the turn, gaining a +1 item bonus to the attack roll and increasing the damage on a hit to two weapon damage dice.

Dang son! Glad I announced using that last turn!

Radiant Oath

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Using that brand new Hero Point! ("Shiny!")
Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Better.

The attack covers Loola in sap, and she bawls in a blend of annoyance and disgust "Grams, me all sappy!" The wee goblin thinks for a moment, then quips, "Tess, this 'nother STICKY mess we in," and she begins giggling maniacally at what she imagines to be her funniest joke ever.

Then, with a word in draconic, Loola's nails extend into formidable dragon claws, and blue scales ripple into being across her entire body.
◈ dragon claws ♥
♥ Blood Magic Draconic scales grow briefly on you or one target, granting a +1 status bonus to AC for 1 round.

With another word in ancient draconic, she raises a small shield of magical force, then strikes at her attacker.
shield
◈ Strike
dragon claws attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
claw damage plus electricity: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (3) = 7

Striking true with sharpened claws, Loola is pleased with herself and taunts her red pine adversary, "WOOD you like more this?" then continues with her juvenile laughter.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Loola's AC is currently 20, and she has access to
⤾ Shield Block.


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Year of Fortune's Fall // DA Duology Maps

The tree resists some of that damage, but still... Scratch gets it right in its one of its wooden eyes! It sways a moment!

Although Loola is not able to free herself from the sap, she raises her shield and does an expert slash with her dragon claws! All of her damage goes through to the sticky tree!

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1 / 2
Active conditions:

Scratch
Sandstone

================================

Sticky Red Spruce (-7)
BIG GREEN TREE-THING (-55)

================================

Loola (-8)
Tess (-7, need reflex)
Grams

Iqu

================================

SLIDE ONE

Horizon Hunters

3 people marked this as a favorite.
LG Female dwarf (rock) champion 2 | HP 36 | AC 19/21 | F +9 R +7 W +6 | Perc +8 | Stealth +1 | Speed: 15 ft. |

Status:

HP 23/23
AC 18 (20 with shield raised)
Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +5
Hero points: 1
Effects:

Grams' smile at Bloo's jokes quickly fade as she realizes she's in for a battle.

"I don't think so," she lectures the pine. "Back to the woods with you!"

Scratch's actions remind her of her own potency crystal, and she activates it as she brings her axe down on her foe, trying to make it "bough" to her wishes. She swings again before raising her shield, hoping for a little protection.

Action 1: ◈ Strike
Action 2: ◈ Strike
Action 3: ◈ Raise Shield (+2 AC)

Battleaxe Strike: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 = 18
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 3 = 7 Well, that's disappointing.
Battleaxe Strike (iterative): 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 5 = 14
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Half-Orc Druid (Wild) 1┃ hp 19/19┃AC 15┃Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +9┃Per +7, low-light vision┃ Speed 25┃Athletics +4 · Herbalism +3 · Intimidate +3 · Nature +7 · Stealth +4 · Survival +7┃Focus 1/1┃Spells 1st—1/2┃Hero Points 0/1┃Active Conditions:

◈ Strike
◈◈ produce flame (S,V)

Claw attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 = 26 Heyo!
Slashing damage (crit): 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 2 = 10
Produce Flame attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Dang.
Fire damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Sandstone grits his teeth and swipes at BIG GREEN with his claws, sinking deeply into the bark. He then conjures up a ball of flame, but his fingers are a little stiff from the cold and the snow and the ball goes out like a blown-out match.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
I am the tool of the GM

Psst. That is what hero points are for.

Rerolling Sandstone's Produce Flame Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Year of Fortune's Fall // DA Duology Maps

Grams does another twelve damage with her battleaxe, and Sandstone follows that up with a crit that takes down the Big Green Tree!

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1 / 2
Active conditions:

Scratch
Sandstone

================================

Sticky Red Spruce (-7)
BIG GREEN TREE-THING (felled)

================================

Loola (-8)
Tess (-7, need reflex)
Grams
Iqu

================================

SLIDE ONE

Paizo Employee

| HP: 20/20 | AC 17 | F:+7 R:+6 W:+5 | Speed 20 ft. | Hero Points: 1/3 | Perc +7 | Acrobatics +4, Athletics +7, Crafting +5, Lore (Scouting, Tanning) +3, Nature +5, Survival +5 | Active Conditions: None

Iqu strides up between Loola and Tess, raises her borrowed battleaxe high, and swings it at the tree.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Slashing Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (8, 4) + 4 = 16

If that attack misses she'll reroll it with a hero point. Hiding it in a spoiler here in case its needed:
Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Paizo Employee

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Human Barrister Rogue 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +3 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | Init +2 | speed 30 ft.| Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: --

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

"Blech!" says Tess, eloquently agreeing with Loola. (Then she groans, though grinning, as she gets the joke.)

As the fearsome arboreal crashes to the forest floor, Tess yells, "We aren't here to disrupt the forest! Go on, leave us alone!" at the remaining spruce.

Intimidation/Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

She doubts that her rapier will do much damage, but prepares to attack if the tree persists, making sure the kitsune is safely behind her and her allies.

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

Scratch grins as his shot strikes the tree square but frowns as it takes even more attacks to drop it. "Kinda like topplin' hill giants! Hehe!" He does a little Dwarven jig as the ground shakes from the impact.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Year of Fortune's Fall // DA Duology Maps

The little red pine, convinced by Iqu's axe as much as Tess's words, flees back into the woods.

Combat Over!

Dorobu grins. "Well, I told you it was axes, so..." He prepares to leave as all of a sudden the bag that Tess was holding shakes and shudders. As Tess opens the bag, she sees the little jade bonsai shuddering.

Dorobu takes a step backward. "Yeah.... I'm out of here. Nice meeting you all, right?"

Radiant Oath

CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

"Hold it, mister!" Loola admonishes the kitsune. "You not go anywhere!"
Intimidation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

The goblin growls a small throaty growl to emphasize her point.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Year of Fortune's Fall // DA Duology Maps

The kitsune's tail stands on end and he raises hands in surrender. "Okay... okay!"

Then a green glow emanates from the jade bonsai, pouring out of the valley. The relic smoothly ejects a small humanoid figure with moss-like skin and a conical hat. "I am the kodoma." The kodama bows to you. "Thank you for both returning me home and dispatching the chaos that had profaned this grove while I was imprisoned. I think that the forest went a little mad, and I went mad as well... But your good will and unselfishness freed me." The kodoma gifts the now non-magical jade bonsai relic to you. "Let me affirm that you..." Then the kodoma pauses as it regards Dorobu, "...well, most of you... will forever be welcome in its stretch of the Forest of Spirits."

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

Scratch's jig ends as the last tree leaves into the forest and a bit of clarity returns to his weathered face "Good work people, good work. Now we gotta.. WOAH!" He backs up a few steps as the bag glows green and a tiny martian crawls out.

"Careful friends, I told you crazy magic relics aren't to be trifled with!" He keeps a very close eye on the Kodama's words, just in case.

Perception: Sense Motive: I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Year of Fortune's Fall // DA Duology Maps

Scratch thinks the little green figure is telling the truth. The kodoma smiles and says, "Let's help see you home." They wave an arm, and more snow flies from the path ahead of you, clearing the way.

Grams and Sandstone feel sighs of contentment from their kami riders, who ride along with you for a little while longer, pointing out the path back to caravan. As you travel, branches continue to move out of your way, and spring flowers poke up along the sides of your path -- always just a few feet ahead of you.

Horizon Hunters

LG Female dwarf (rock) champion 2 | HP 36 | AC 19/21 | F +9 R +7 W +6 | Perc +8 | Stealth +1 | Speed: 15 ft. |

"Well, that seems lovely, everyone," she says to her companions. "Good job!"

"As for you, sir," she adds, turning to the kitsune. "What exactly did you do to that poor spirit?"

Verdant Wheel

CG Male Half-Orc Druid (Wild) 1┃ hp 19/19┃AC 15┃Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +9┃Per +7, low-light vision┃ Speed 25┃Athletics +4 · Herbalism +3 · Intimidate +3 · Nature +7 · Stealth +4 · Survival +7┃Focus 1/1┃Spells 1st—1/2┃Hero Points 0/1┃Active Conditions:

Sandstone attempts to back up Grams's words by fixing the kitsune boy with a piercing glare, but keeps being distracted by the rapid growth of the beautiful spring flowers.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Year of Fortune's Fall // DA Duology Maps

"I was trying to make lovely things in the forest! I didn't realize I was drawing on the power of a spirit. I just thought I was making use of an object that wouldn't care in the least!" Dorobu sighs. "I can see I'm going to have to go back to my studies. My teachers always told me, 'No shortcuts' but I have to admit... I kinda like shortcuts."

A bunch of pine cones get hurled at Dorobu by random pine trees along the way.

"OW! Okay, okay. NO MORE SHORTCUTS! You've made your point!" Dorobu shouts at the forest. You make it back to the caravan, and manage to fix the wagon wheels. The friendly kami stay with Sandstone and Grams for a bit longer, and you all feel like you have more people pushing than you actually do when you work to get the wagons unstuck and back on their path.

The village of Basaru is happy to see you all again when you pass again. The snows have melted around it, and the kids rush out and make you daisy chain crowns. The village insists on offering everyone from the Caravan another good meal and another night of hospitality. They even welcome poor Dorobu in, and the kitsune entertains everyone with small magic tricks and flute music. Much to the children's disappointment, he can no longer animate the environment for their personal amusement, but his light shows and illusions are still fun. Lin Po and Ti Lan tell you lots of stories of being a Pathfinder in this part of the world, and listen with excitement to your tales of adventuring in Absalom and Port Peril.

Anyone doing anything fun in Basuro village before I move you on?

Radiant Oath

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

Loola is sad to see the snow is all gone when she returns to Basaru, but she is happy to play with the other children again. She joins them in their games, and dances with them to Dorobu's flute, and she teaches them some songs and dances of her own. She even shows them the halfling game of Pebble Toss that she learned from her Aunt Juniper and Uncle Cosmo.

Verdant Wheel

CG Male Half-Orc Druid (Wild) 1┃ hp 19/19┃AC 15┃Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +9┃Per +7, low-light vision┃ Speed 25┃Athletics +4 · Herbalism +3 · Intimidate +3 · Nature +7 · Stealth +4 · Survival +7┃Focus 1/1┃Spells 1st—1/2┃Hero Points 0/1┃Active Conditions:

Later, once things have quieted down a little, Sandstone beckons Dorobu over to the largest tree he can find in the immediate vicinity of the village. He places his hand reverently on the tree and invites Dorobu to do the same.

"Shhh," he says. "Quiet your mind. Listen to your breath." Sandstone demonstrates by closing his eyes and taking several deep breaths; a slow smile spreads across his face like meltwater over frozen ground. "Now... what do you hear from the tree?"


3 people marked this as a favorite.
"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Year of Fortune's Fall // DA Duology Maps

The kitsune set his hand on the tree and closes his eyes, breathing deep. After a long while he opens his eyes wide with surprise. "My -- no its -- roots push deep into the soil. It's thinking about the coming spring, about stretching its branches to the sun, and about the world around it, kamis and people and birds. And other trees. It's really critical of some of the little pines that apparently attacked you..." A pine cone drops on Dorobu's head. "It's also annoyed with me for riling them up, the way a grandmother can be annoyed at a toddler who overly eagerly pulled on a cat's tail."

Dorobu grabs at Sandstone. "Oh crap. I am hearing the trees. What's happened to me? I'm a wizard, not a druid!" He looks pleadingly at Sandstone. "Aren't I?"

Vigilant Seal

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

Scratch spends his time in the village teaching the kids the basics of tracking things. "See this here mud?" He stomps a boot into it, then encourages the kids to do the same.

"Now look at them foot prints... whatcha see? Difference sizes eh? Yup." He walks through the mud then has the other kids spread out and repeat. "Different spacin' 'tween the steps right?" They look at him a bit boggled, pointing out the space between his stubby legs and their kid legs are about the same...

"Oh fer cripes sake, you know what I meant!" He huffs, waving Tess over to demonstrate with her longer legs. "Let's go girly, I know you could learn a thing 'er two about woodsmanship. Ain't I gonna let you ferget me findin' ya after ya got lost poopin' on that stump a few weeks back!" He turns to the kids and giggles.

Horizon Hunters

4 people marked this as a favorite.
LG Female dwarf (rock) champion 2 | HP 36 | AC 19/21 | F +9 R +7 W +6 | Perc +8 | Stealth +1 | Speed: 15 ft. |

Grams watches as the others enjoy themselves, taking pleasure in their simple joys. Her mind drifts back to her four sons, and her grandchildren, and she misses them -- but also loves what she's doing. She's found a sort of new family with these Pathfinders and she knows she needs to protect them. It's what Folgrit teaches, and of course what common decency demands.

And thus she starts her rebuild as a champion.

Paizo Employee

1 person marked this as a favorite.
| HP: 20/20 | AC 17 | F:+7 R:+6 W:+5 | Speed 20 ft. | Hero Points: 1/3 | Perc +7 | Acrobatics +4, Athletics +7, Crafting +5, Lore (Scouting, Tanning) +3, Nature +5, Survival +5 | Active Conditions: None

Iqu keeps a close eye on the kitsune as they travel and in the village, determined to ensure he doesn't get up to anymore trouble. She watches Loola and the children play and laughs at the antics of her fellow Pathfinders. Mostly, she visits with the village elders, curious what she can learn from these people and their history.

501 to 550 of 556 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hmm's PF2 #1-07 Flooded King's Court All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.