DM Squirrel Ninja's Reign of Winter Campaign

Game Master The.Squirrel.Ninja

XP Tracker 450/2000

Loot Sheet

Marching Order:

1:Randgrid 2:Jujo 3:Trawets 4:Revekka 5:Ottast

Single File
1-2-3-4-5

Double File
1-3-5
2-4

Scouting Formation
Single
5---1-2-3-4
Double
5---1-3
-----2-4


701 to 724 of 724 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

18 Sarenith, 4713

After many tries with the tools to unlock the lock, Alice and Jujo are beginning to get the feeling that you will need the proper key to unlock it. You spend a good amount of time working on the lock, all while Vrixx is cowering in the corner glaring at the two of you…

What is everyone else doing while Jujo and Alice are working on the lock during this time?
What is happening with those downstairs?


Male Dwarf Warpriest 1 | AC 15 T 10 FF 15 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +0 W +4 | Init +4 | Percep +2

I guess I'm sort of assistin with the lock picking?

"Well, I think that this is about all that this dwarf's hands can do fer now," Magni says, watching Alice work on the cage. "Perhaps tis time to find the vittles and see about sleeping arrangements given the weather."

With that, Magni will head downstairs to see if the fireplace is still functioning. It can get quite cold in these winter storms.


Male Human Wizard 4| AC 16 T 12 FF 14| HP 30/30 | F +4 R +4 W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +10

Trawets looks outside and then says, "Should we get the others and then see where that blood goes?"

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +6, SM: 0 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 8/8 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: none

@GM: so, did I fail to open the little cage with that high roll? It affects how I act next.


Jujopotamous Jumbomanic the 3rd wrote:
@GM: so, did I fail to open the little cage with that high roll? It affects how I act next.

Correct, and after so many tries your characters would probably be getting the feeling that you would need the key to unlock it.

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +6, SM: 0 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 8/8 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Jujo shrugs at Vrixx and accompanies Trawets downstairs, without saying much. He is sad for the sprite, but by there being nothing they can do, this is their situation. He hopes the sprites gets that by himself. He still lets Alice carry the cage, it being too heavy for him.


Male Human Slayer 1 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14| HP 10/13 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init +3 | Perc +5

Alice grabs the cage and carries it downstairs.

"Iff'n any you lot gots ways t' make 'im talk more, be happy to. Th' cage'll need th' key from m' former boss."


Female human (jadwiga) witch (ley line guardian) 1 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | HP 11/11 | F +1 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +1
Trawets Aarock wrote:
Trawets looks outside and then says, "Should we get the others and then see where that blood goes?"

"We all just narrowly survived those flames, the bandits, and whatever those cold skeletons were..." Revekka replies, "And the weather's still fierce enough that we may be at a disadvantage if that blood trail freezes and gets covered with fresh snow. It might be better if we finish searching the lodge, securing it, and then regathering our strength before venturing out again into further conflict."

Alice Cobbel wrote:
Alice grabs the cage and carries it downstairs. "Iff'n any you lot gots ways t' make 'im talk more, be happy to. Th' cage'll need th' key from m' former boss."

"We've got bigger problems than the sprite for now," Revekka returns. She nods outside at the blood trail where the missing bodies used to be, "Best to keep it locked in there until we've rested and determined our next course of action. If Rohkar and any of the other bandits got away, odds are they're out there. This place is more defensible than the stables."

The witch turns and gestures toward Trawets. "We were just talking about the scrolls we found upstairs," she tells everyone, "The magic on them has something to do with animating the dead. It's possible that might be how those cold skeletons came to be here defending the lodge. In all your time serving Rohkar, did you ever encounter such creatures before, Alice?"


Male Human Slayer 1 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14| HP 10/13 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init +3 | Perc +5

Alice spits and shakes his head.

"Naugh, lass. Nothin' bu' flesh 'nd blood mercenaries li'e me... fey in cages 'nd 'sploding dead be news t' me."


Female human (jadwiga) witch (ley line guardian) 1 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | HP 11/11 | F +1 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +1

"Well, I can't imagine those things just suddenly appeared unless it was by magic of the kind we found upstairs. And, if that's the case, we can only assume someone...likely Rohkar or this sprite...has the means of using those scrolls to create them." Revekka peers once more outside as if trying to discern where their adversary might have gone, her eyes stealing more than once towards the stable. 'Could Rohkar have taken shelter there?' She turns back to consider Vrixx in his cage and then she looks to her companions, not fully decided yet on what they should do.

"Trawets?" she asks, "Animating the dead requires a deceased body, correct? And seeing as how Rohkar escaped, as well as the fact that there's a number of dead bandits missing, I fear we may be seeing more of those skeletons soon enough. Out there in the snow, I imagine they'd be difficult to spot and, unlike most of us, completely unaffected by the weather. So, it's probably best that we stay here, keep a fire going and regain our strength as we protect this noblewoman from whatever cruel fate Rohkar had in store for her. Then, we must consider how we get her out of here. Should we escort her back to Heldren first? Or attempt to bring Rohkar to justice before we do?"

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +6, SM: 0 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 8/8 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Jujo, impressed with how fast Revekka gathered her thoughts and put a plan together, says "We should head back tomorrow. This place is eerie and it's warmer in town, but night's coming soon and I'd be afraid to venture the storm in the dark. And with undead about, even! No, no, no. This is just like the monologue of king Monoteth in the Tales of the Perfect Empire. Let us sleep and we start to go back in the morning."

The gnome looks at Vrixx worried. It's painful for a creature as free spirited as a sprite to be in a cage.

I'll wait to see if this isn't an episode of Walking Dead to RP some longer term action


Male Human Wizard 4| AC 16 T 12 FF 14| HP 30/30 | F +4 R +4 W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +10

Trawets rubs his chin and thinks and then says, "To animate dead you need a corpse. I don't know what it takes to make the icy kind in particular. I'd burn the scrolls of animate dead. It's not magic that should be used. We can wait till morning but I doubt we're going to have a peaceful night."


18 Sarenith, 4713
Updated Map

As the group begins to gather, Vrixx continues to huddle itself in the corner of the cage, rocking and mumbling inaudibly to itself.

As the conversation turns to what to do with Lady Argentea Ottast speaks up; “From up top I saw a few guys scatter out the back door and scatter east. There is no shelter that way and unless they make it out of this storm soon they will freeze to death. There are no shelters between here and Helldren.” Looking through one of the door windows; “They could have made it towards the stables, but I don’t see a fire. If they don’t get that going they are good as dead…” Looking around at the charred doors; “There are still rooms that we haven’t looked at, there could still be men hiding. We should take care of that before we talk about what is next.”

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +6, SM: 0 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 8/8 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Jujo opens his eyes wide as Lady Malassene says things about people hiding in the lodge still. He immediately assumes a low stance as if something is about to pounce on him. As he sees that no one else is doing the same, he plays it off as some sort of performance and says "After you, Alice!"


Female human (jadwiga) witch (ley line guardian) 1 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | HP 11/11 | F +1 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +1

"Ottast? Stay with Lady Argentea while the rest of us see what remains of the lodge... Revekka asks, "Call for us if you see anything out of the ordinary, including outside in the snow or by the stables." The witch follows along with Jujo, and wisely allows Alice to precede them in exploring the rest of the ground floor.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 1 | AC 15 T 10 FF 15 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +0 W +4 | Init +4 | Percep +2

Magni grunts in agreement, unslinging his hammer. There was a chill in the air that he didn't like, and he positioned himself near Alice as well, nodding at the rough human.


18 Sarenith, 4713

Turning to Lady Argentea; "Help me bar the door, don't want anything out there to come in so easily." Nodding to Revekka; "We will also make sure nothing can get on the roof and smoke us out like we were able to do. I'll call out, but call out for us if you need more help as you explore the rooms." Ottast and Lady Argentea move to the backdoors to bar them from the cold weather and from the dangers that could lurk in the frozen forest.

In Alice's gruff speech and mannerisms; "Let's check the charred doors first!" Pulling free Malice, he walks to open the doors.

Updated Map

"This one was a room for anyone to get a few hours of sleep... if anyone is in there they know we are coming..." Alice opens the first charred door with Malice to greet anyone that could be within. It is empty.

This small room reveals a single bed with no other furnishings. It does have a window to the outdoors that is frosted up, and a door that leads into the next room. The only thing worthwhile is a single winter blanket for whomever sleeps in the bed.

Moving to the next door. Feel free to do anything or have any conversations you would have. I don't want to pass by and RP moments for you all.
Updated Map

Moving to the next room Alice speaks up; "This one here was Rohkar's room and even though he used it at night, Rohkar never let anyone sleep or enter his room."

Opening the door reveals yet another empty room. Counting the one you're entering from, three doors open into this room. A sturdy bed heaped with blankets sits near the only window, and a large maple chest occupies the southwest corner.


Female human (jadwiga) witch (ley line guardian) 1 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | HP 11/11 | F +1 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +1

"We should definitely search Rohkar's room then," Revekka states, "Perhaps we can find a few clues as to what he's doing in this lodge in the middle of all the wintry weather? Jujo? Do you think you can open that maple chest? Is it locked?" While the gnome and the rest of the team look around, Revekka stares at the adjoining door to the east in case anything in the next room might hear them or pose a threat.


Male Human Wizard 4| AC 16 T 12 FF 14| HP 30/30 | F +4 R +4 W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +10

Trawets enters the room and looks around and then says "Before you try to unlock the chest let me check the room and chest for magic. There may be a magical trap." Trawets then casts detect magic and studies the room for a few moments.

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +6, SM: 0 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 8/8 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: none

The room where the mercenaries sleep proved to not be very interesting. Jujo looked about very briefly before moving on.

As Alice explains that Rohkar didn't allow anyone in his own room, Jujo gets extremely curious about it. No one is in it and the room proves to be a lot less exciting than what he hoped. Still, Revekka points out a chest and Jujo goes to investigate. He first checks it for traps.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Being too excited to look thoroughly, he quickly goes on to try to unlock it.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Disable Device: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Disable Device: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Disable Device: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Disable Device: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Disable Device: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Disable Device: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

After many many many tries, Jujo seems defeated by the chest.


18th Sarenith, 4713

As the group begins to look through Rohkar’s room you quickly come to the realization that there is not much in this room outside of a very comfy bed and the maple chest. Trawets begins to examine the chest while using Detect Magic and does not detect any magical traps on the chest, but there is a faint magical aura coming from within. Even after trying to study the aura for a bit, Trawets has no clue what type of magic it could be.

Jujo jumps into place and begins working on the locked chest, but with no success… He begins to believe that whoever has the key to unlock the cage for Vrixx would also have a key to unlock this chest. hint hint: you wouldn’t be able to unlock this chest

Revekka watches the door to the next room, but nothing seems to come to the door to open it.

Revekka Int Check DC 10:

As you are standing there you think about what you just said perhaps we can find a few clues as to what he’s doing in this lodge in the middle of all the wintry weather When it dawns on you that the group was just upstairs in Rohkar’s planning room and everyone was so concentrated on the fey creature that no one even looked around the room for clues….

Alice steps next to the door leading into the next room and lowers his voice; “let me know when we are ready to open the door.”

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +6, SM: 0 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 8/8 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: none

@GM: I'm starting to get the feel that you jinxed the dice when Disable Device isn't possible.

Frustrated Jujo kicks the chest mumbling curse words. "We gotta find that Rohkar!" He sits on top of the chest while he waits for the other people to make a decision about the next step. He is too frustrated to come with an idea as simple as 'let's move one'.


Male Human Slayer 1 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14| HP 10/13 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init +3 | Perc +5

Alice nods. Holding a hand with three fingers up, he slowly counts down to zero. Upon doing so he opens the door, looking quickly before giving the more magical of his new companions a cleaner line of sight.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +6, SM: 0 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 8/8 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Jujo steps behind Alice, looking into the next room curious. "What was that?", he asks even though he doesn't hear anything.

601 to 650 of 724 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Squirrel Ninja's Reign of Winter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.