DM Squirrel Ninja's Reign of Winter Campaign

Game Master The.Squirrel.Ninja

XP Tracker 450/2000

Loot Sheet

Marching Order:

1:Randgrid 2:Jujo 3:Trawets 4:Revekka 5:Ottast

Single File
1-2-3-4-5

Double File
1-3-5
2-4

Scouting Formation
Single
5---1-2-3-4
Double
5---1-3
-----2-4


1 to 50 of 267 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Map of Heldren

Heldren Locations:

1:Armory 2: Isker’s Smithy 3:General Store 4:Town Hall 5:Willowbark Apothecary 6:Barber 7:The Silver Stoat 8:Livery Stable 9:Town Square/”The Lady” Statue of a beautiful woman. 10:Ionnia Teppen’s House 11:Temple of Erastil 12:Carpeter 13:Heldren Sawmill 14:The Butcher of Jalrune 15:Old Mother Theodora’s

The sleepy village of Heldren has rarely seen so much excitement or concern. Hunters from the nearby Border Wood speak of unnaturally cold weather at the height of summer that descended on the forest just days ago. Heavy snow followed, and those who returned spoke of an uneasy presence in the woods, as well as new, dangerous predators. No one knows what this event means, but the town’s soothsayer, Old Mother Theodora, claims dark times lie ahead.

As if in proof of that dire prophecy, a badly wounded mercenary arrived in town yesterday, claiming to be a bodyguard of Lady Argentea Malassene. He told the village council that the noblewoman’s escort came under attack by bandits and strange, wintry creatures near the edge of the Border Wood. He alone escaped, and Lady Argentea was dragged away into the forest. Now the townsfolk cast fearful eyes towards the snowy forest, worried what else might emerge to threaten their peaceful villiage…

Dusk has settled on the Village of Heldren and as the community is trying to wind down. Tensions are high with word of predators nearby and travelers being attacked, killed, or even worse dragged away for who knows what. Because of this, most people find themselves gathered at the town’s only tavern “The Silver Stoat.”

The Silver Stoat has recently become a bustling gathering place for the community partly because of the threats, but even more so because of the traveling bard that has arrived in town within the past week or so. Jujopotamous Jumbomanic the Third, Jujo for short, has been earning his room, meals, and drink while in Heldren in return for his services as a bard. He has even earned some coin from the people as tips! Perform Check Jujo, please

For those of you who head to The Silver Stout, upon entering the fire is roaring! You can tell that the owners, Menander(Husband) & Kale(Wife) Garimos, want to help erase the cold from people minds as they enter the Stout. There is a Gnome man standing on a makeshift platform beside the stone fireplace on the left end of the building. From time to time you see Menander peaking his head out from the kitchen making sure all have enough to eat, while Kale tends the bar. There are a few bar maids tending the patrons.

One walks by with mugs of ale in each hand; “Sit where you like hun! We’ll be right with you.” She flashes a warm smile and continues one to deliver the ale.

For those who don’t head to The Silver Stout, where do you find yourselves as dusk is settling in on the community?

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

It has been a few days since Jujo arrived in Heldren, and he was glad he did. The stories of travelers being attacked surely sounded like the exaggerations he was used to hearing, but they usually meant something was indeed going on. It's probably a small pack of wolves hunting near the road, he thought to himself. The talk about the snow was worrisome, however.

These thoughts were swirling in Jujo's mind as he realized he was silent for a little too long. People were looking at him, waiting for the rest of his act. The spirits were low in this town, and he set a goal to himself to lift them. He was wearing his bright green cloak over his plain light grey performance shirt, which slightly mismatched with his dark blue trousers. All of this made his dark orange hair a little over the top. It was hard to tell whether this was intended. Hidden in his pocket was a dagger, visible only to the careful eye.

Jujo continued his act, which was adequate in his mind. "No papa! I will marry my beloved. I don't care that she is the queen, I will win her heart...", he said making his best human teenager voice. The Farmboy was a classic play he had learned of in his travels, and it would have been fun to perform it with his family, who were all actors and actresses. This is the part where the father hit him in the face. Of course there was no one there, but he had planned for this. He summoned a floating ghostly hand, which was usually used to pick up stuff, and picked up his own ear, as though an adult was punishing him - Cast Mage Hand. "Ow, papa, stop! Ok, I'll plow the fields, stop!", the boy yielded. This was the part where people laughed.

Perform (Act): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

It seemed the magical hand was scarier than he anticipated, as there were few laughs. Maybe I shouldn't do this for the common folk, they scare easily, he thought. As people entered the inn, he hoped a new crowd would be more receptive.

Why do games have to start with low rolls =(


Female LG Human Paladin | HP: 11/12 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Smite Evil (1/day, +2 Attack and AC, +1 Damage)| Spells:
Spoiler:
At Will—Detect Evil
|Active Conditions: None

Calie rose from her chair and gave the charming gnome in green a rousing round of applause. Not many others in the crowded tavern did the same, but Calie could hardly blame them for that. Fear was ripe and palpable in the Silver Stout, and its guests didn't seem to be a jovial mood. "Bravo! Bravo, good sir!" she cheered. Calie adorned her love stories, even the more comedic and irreverent ones. When the paladin finally felt that the gnomish bard had gotten his well-earned claps she went back to her chair, still giddy from the performance.

She had only been in Heldren for a few days now, but the gnome's one-man play had so far been the highlight of her time there. Not that it had a lot of competition. The small town had lost much of its cheer since the last time she visited it years ago with her mentor, Dame Valerya. Back then the town was far more jovial compared to the ample tension that hung above it now.

But that was exactly why she was there. Word of the strange winter chill in the Border Woods had caught the ear of her Order and as the Sworn Heart responsible for the area it was Calie's job to investigate the mysterious chill before it harmed anyone else. Of course, that was more easily said than done. The injured man that had come the other day from the Border Woods had spoken of bandits and creatures of winter plaguing the forest, and that his noble charge had been kidnapped by these forces. Though news of a captured damsel that had inflamed Calie's heart to act as quickly as possible, even she knew that going into a such situation without assistance would likely mean her own kidnapping or worse. She needed allies, and in her mind the best place to find some was the Silver Trout. After all, that's where most righteous knights found their companions in the stories. Why would this be any different?

With that thought in mind, Calie got up from her chair and waltzed up to the charming gnome. Calie was a proud Shelynite, something that most people in the tavern would be able to immediately surmise given her panoply. The paladin wore her armor, but moved with such easy grace that it seemed like she wasn't earning any armor at all. Said armor was a set of silvery lamellar plates, all each of which were beautifully inscribed with songbirds, that were bound to tanned elk-leather. A shawl the color of a rainbow was worn over it, its riotous colors immediately catching the eye. Calie did not bind her dark hair, instead allowing it to freely fall to her waist like a glistering waterfall. Her golden eyes bounced with excitement and her mouth turned into an wide smile as she reached the gnome.

"I know I already gave my bravos, Sir Gnome, but I must say I loved your performance, especially the bit with the hand," she says earnestly, even mimicking the gesture of having her ear pulled."It was brilliant!".

Calie laughed for a bit remembering the part before mentally reminding herself that she needed to make her introductions."I am Calie Choros, a Sword Heart of the Order of the Chivalrous Heart," she tells him, giving the gnome a courteous bow despite his height making the gesture somewhat awkward. "May I know the name of the person who so kindly brought joy and good cheer to this establishment?"

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

Jujo was surprised to see a woman in unusual armor approach him. He was briefly worried that he was about to be thrown in the street by an inn bouncer, but quickly recognized the colorful patterns on her and the kind smile on her face.

As she offered praise and kind words, the actor felt worried that she might be mocking him, but he didn't linger on those thoughts. A little dramatically, he replied imitating her bow "My name is Jujopotamous Jumbomanic the third. Call me Jujo if my name is too much of a hassle just for the sake of getting my attention." A little embarrassed, he added motioning to the people in the inn "However, I am yet to find someone to bring joy and good cheer here. Yesterday's performance was a little more cheerful, the children loved my impersonation of old lady Fanny. Although old lady Fanny didn't enjoy it that much...".

Glad to have someone to talk to who seemed to know more of the world than working the fields and tanning leather, he proposed "Would you join me for some of Menander's roasted pig, Calie of the Chivalrous Heart? It is not the greatest you can find, but it goes well with the mead.", motioning to one of the few empty tables.


Female LG Human Paladin | HP: 11/12 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Smite Evil (1/day, +2 Attack and AC, +1 Damage)| Spells:
Spoiler:
At Will—Detect Evil
|Active Conditions: None

Relieved that she hadn't inadvertently bothered the bard with her compliments and salutations, Calie graciously took up Jujo's offer with an enthusiastic "Of course"! and sat across from him at one of the tavern tables. She took a few nibbles of the roasted pig, but found that Jujo was quite right that it wasn't the best pork she had ever had. Still, once she had a bit of mead to go along with it she discovered that it hardly mattered.

Calie savored the taste before her eyes turned back to Jujo. As much as she wanted this conversation to be a simple chat between admirers of the arts, her mind went to duty. "You can hardly blame them, Jujopotamous," she begins, her voice having turned somber. "This unnatural winter in the Border Woods has them fearful, especially in light of the attack on Lady Argentea Malassene's escort," she continued to explain, her posture turning more serious as she leaned in closer to the gnome. "You've heard of it, I trust? It's been the talk of the town since one of Lady Argentea's guards returned to Heldren badly injured and with new of monsters prowling the woods."

Calie let that tidbit of information linger in the air for a few seconds. She tried to gauge Jujopotamous' reaction to it. Concern? Fear? Indifference? In truth, Callie was never all that good at reading people's faces. She usually just assumed that people were just as honest and concerned about the welfare of others as she was. Such a sentiment had gotten her in trouble in the past, but even so, she stubbornly refused to let her optimistic view people's natures die.

After a while, the paladin simply cut to chase and said what she had to say. "I plan on going into the Border Woods to rescue Lady Argentea and find out what's causing this sudden winter. It will surely be a dangerous venture, but my duty and heart demand that I go." Calie had the presence of mind to know that what she was about to ask was a big ask for someone that she barely knew, but she suspected that Jujopotamous was a person of brave character and would go for it. After all, you had to be brave to go up and try to entertain a lukewarm crowd of tavern-goers. "But it does mean that I have to go alone. You look to have magical power and a generous heart. Would you be willing to join me in this quest?"

The paladin stuck out her armored hand for Jujopotamous to take, only mostly sure that she would take it.


Male Human Wizard 1| AC 15 T 11 FF 14| HP 8/8 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +1 | Perc +7

The cold air followed Trawets into the tavern and fought with the hot air of the roaring fire. When the door closed behind him the hot air won. Trawets brushed a bit of perspiration off his brow as he surveyed the room. His eyes stopped at an armored woman sitting with a gnome. Nethys be praised. That looks like the sort of person to help investigate the woods.

Trawets, dressed in his robes and hat, was hard to mistake what he was; A wizard through and through. He approached the table with the the woman and gnome and stopped. "I am Trawets Aarock, of Nethys. I have been sent here by the high priest to investigate the stories of strange beasts in the woods. You look like someone who would want to look into this as well. Am I wrong?" he says as he stand with his hand out.


LN Human, Ranger (Stormwalker) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | I: +3 | P: +6*,

Otta sits at the bar, head bowed, hands clasped around the mug, staring into the slowly swirling froth. Beside him on the floor is his hastily packed rucksack. He was heading north but the fates or Pharasma or some other meddling god forced him and everyone else indoors with the sudden snow. He followed the rest of the folk into town, finding refuge in the Stoat and in his beer.

He drinks the sour liquid for warmth or courage or attempting to forget.

The laughing and noise and jostling of the room goes unnoticed as he tries to have a conversation with the barman. Menander is listening between serving patrons. Atleast, I think he's listening, and roaming up and down the bar; "I don't know what to do without her... the cabin's all locked up... just check on it... if you have the time...I'll leave once this snow breaks... Here's the key..."

The Bard on the stage had gone quiet and Otta heard sniggering and heckling. Something about a farmboy and his heart- Oh, his aching heart. Otta groaned inwardly, the wait is going to be difficult. He wanted to leave but the weather getting so cold and the snow blocking the way, rumours of monsters in the forest, there must be something he can do to get out of here. With a long drink he tries to chase away the thought of his daughter and the revenge on the one who took the girl away.

I can't do it on my own, maybe someone will to go with me. -Breakthrough the snow, through the woods. Otta raises his head sharply, it swims as he looks around. Someone here must be going out, we can't stay here...

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

Jujopotamous, listening to what was to him Calie's outrageous implication that he wouldn't have heard of a rumor, did his best to conceal his hurt feelings. Smiling, he replied a little dramatically "Of course I heard of it! Taverns is where all the talking happens and I'm always in a tavern."

After she told him of her plans to go into the woods, he realized it was a bit craven of him to not thinking of doing it himself. I'm not of the Chivalrous Heart, though, he thought smiling to himself at his jest. He had been planning on sneaking some roast to the dogs, partly as a prank on the Garimos and partly as a favor to the hungry dogs. But now this seemed more important.

His mouth was half open to reply when a man who was a wizard from his look and clothing offered himself to help. If Jujo were wiser, he would suspect this to be too much of a coincidence. However, naive as he was, he opened a wide smile and said "Well, if people here are offering themselves so promptly, maybe the whole town will come with us.... tomorrow morning". He hoped they would get the hint that he was agreeing as well as suggesting a departure time.

He was so concentrated, he never noticed a capable man sitting by himself, sulking.


As Jujo performance finishes the people in the tavern clap for his skills, but with Calie's robust praise they join along with her. Possibly missing something that this newcomer saw.

As Jujo and Calie sit for a bit to eat you hear patrons calling out request; "Do the Fox and the Sparrow!" "No, play the Dreamers Melody." "Oh! Do you know The Hand that Plucked the Feather?"

Coming from behind the bar Kale makes her way towards the table wth Jujo, Calie, and the newly arrived wizard to the table. Calling out; "Alright, alright! Give the man a moment to rest and collect his stories. We will get back up and perform!" Arriving at the table, Kale leans in with a whisper; "You WILL be getting back up there... right?"

Standing up she places three mugs of ale on the table; "This round is on the house. This is some of my very own Three Devil Ale, I brew it myself." You can sense a bit of pride in that statement as her smile lingers a bit. Coming back to reality her attention turns back to the three at the table. "Menander and myself have been here for sometime and have seen a lot of folk come in and out of those doors. You three surely do stick out from the villagers from around here, heck even from the trappers or those High Sentinels who live in the Border Woods..."

Giving herself a chilled shake she turns her attention to the human male; "What can I get you to eat? We have a roasted pig, or if you want something that will warm your chilled bones my husband made a hearty stew that will cling to your bones. I also do have a few numble pies if you like that sort of thing, the folk around here have a taste for it."

At the bar

Catching tidbits of what Ottast is saying, everything stops for Menander when Ottast reaches out with the key. Menander look to the floor and sees his bag, looks back up and sees a visibly hurting man. Collecting his thoughts he holds onto the key and places it in his pocket. "Otta, what are you talking about? Leaving? I mean... I can not stop you... but you cannot up and leave. There are people here who rely on you bringing in your kill for the meat and pelts. Oh, and like you said, you cannot leave until the snow breaks."

Almost as a reflex Menander reaches blow the bar top and gets two short glasses and a bottle of brown liquid. He pours a little into each and raises his up. "My friend, we have a bard here! Go and enjoy yourself. Maybe there will even be a little dancing..." he gives Ottast a warm smile and drinks the liquid and breaths a deep breath inward between his teeth. "If the fire won't warm you, that sure will... and whatever you decide. I will keep a watch over your cabin, my friend."

Ottast would know that Menander would spend the evening drinking away the night with him, but he also knows that this is one of the busiest nights The Silver Stout has ever seen...

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

Jujo replied to Kale saying "Sure, sure, I'll perform. But let them drink a bit more." As she brought the brew, he took a large gulp before saying "This is a very fine brew! One of the best in Taldor!" He wasn't sure he was telling the truth or not, as he had learned to be as agreeable as he could with his host or hostess. A soft bed bought the best compliments out of him.

The talk about the people going to the tavern was one he had heard before. He was never sure how to respond to that, so as usual, he made a joke saying "Well, calling a gnome different is a great blessing, it means I'll never bleach and will live forever".

As she turned her attention to the wizard, Jujo scanned the room, looking for someone with crude manners and deserving of a prank. He tried to spill their drink on themselves using magic subtly.


LG Female Half-elf Fighter (viking) 1 | HP: 3/14 | AC: 19, t: 12, ff:17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: -1 | Init: +2, Perc: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Going to the Silver Stoat is a part of Randgríðr's nightly routine that she considers to be of paramount importance. It is the job of the militia to protect Heldren from threats from the outside, primarily, and any outsiders looking to do harm would be likely to stay here. Entering the bar, she takes a look at what sort of patrons are here tonight. Looks like Ottast is in town, that's a rarity. Three new folks at one table...

Though some of them had been in town a few days, Randgríðr has been too busy with her sick father for the past week. The unnatural cold had taken its toll on the man, who against the words of warning from his wife and daughter continued to ignore the ill-effects of his advancing age. Her father was getting a bit better and had told her she should get back to her routine—the town needed her more than he did with all the odd happenings going on, he said.

Randgríðr approaches the table with the new people, deciding that she'll check up on Ottast later. She does her best to not loom over them, though given her stature that's nearly impossible. "Hello there," she says in her low, unintentionally gruff rural Taldane. "I'm Randgríðr, part of the town militia. I like to get to know any new folks or passer-by." Seeing the Shelynite's songbird-emblazoned equipment, she dons a forced-looking grin. Normally other faithful folk would cheer her up, but with everything happening in town she couldn't help but feel like the world was closing in on her.


Male Human Wizard 1| AC 15 T 11 FF 14| HP 8/8 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +1 | Perc +7

Trawets stands and smiles looking down at her from his 6'10" height. "I am Trawets Aarock of Nethys. I was sent to investigate rumors of strange creatures in the Border Woods by the High Priest in Oppera." He gestures to the others at the table. "We were just discussing joining together to look into what is going on. One from the local militia would be a welcome addition should your superior allow it."


Female LG Human Paladin | HP: 11/12 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Smite Evil (1/day, +2 Attack and AC, +1 Damage)| Spells:
Spoiler:
At Will—Detect Evil
|Active Conditions: None

As more interesting strangers came on to the scene, Calie's heart became to warm with hope. "Shelyn be praised! More volunteers!"

Calie jumped up from her chair to greet the wizard. "Not wrong at all!"" she declares happily. "Trawets is it? My name is Calie Choros, a paladin of the Shelynite order of the Chivalrous Heart," the paladin made her obligatory bow and flashed the tall wizard a relieved smile. "It's good to know that the Church of Nethys are looking into this as well. We paladins may be good at defeating villains but magic winterstorms probably require more than a glaive strike to foil." Calie laughed at the self jab. She knew a little about the nature of spellcraft but nowhere near enough to believe that she could decipher the arcane mysteries and mechanics behind the impossible winter happening in the Border Woods.

"I take it your a wizard?" she asks politely, remembering from her lessons that many of Nethy's devout followers were wizards instead of clerics. "We could certainly use another spellcaster. Wouldn't we Jujopotamous?" she says giving the gnome a glance before going right back to talking a mile a minute to Trawets. "Oh, this is Jujopotamous Jumbomanic the Third by the way. The friendly gnome that just a minute ago made a most splendid performance. You should have seen it! Jujopotamous did this hilarious thing with his magic at the end that was just..." Calie stopped right in the middle of her ramblings when she finally noticed the half-elven warrioress that was trying to get a word in edgewise. She also noticed that said warrioress was nearly as tall as Trawets and had a most mesmerizing mane of braided white hair.

"Oh... I, uh, greetings, my lady," she finally manages to get out, her cheeks turning a light shade of pink. As always, Calie made her bow to the newcomer, though she found it somewhat hard to keep her proper form this time around. "I'm Calie. Well, Calie Choros actually. I'm a paladin of Shelyn, but you probably already knew that from all of the songbirds on armor and..." Calie stopped for a second and mentally cursed herself for being such a stumbletongue. "You're Randgríðr, yes? Am I pronouncing that correctly? It would be a shame if I wasn't because it sounds like such a lovely name and..." She stopped again when she realized that she was getting herself sidetracked and distracted. Calie forced herself to focus on her mission. "So you're part of the town militia? Well, if that's the case than you'll be happy to know that we're all interested in investigating whatever's going on in the Border Woods. All we'd need is a local to guide us through it. Would be willing to join us?"


LG Female Half-elf Fighter (viking) 1 | HP: 3/14 | AC: 19, t: 12, ff:17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: -1 | Init: +2, Perc: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Randgríðr can't help but chuckle a bit at Trawets statement, and she waves a hand to try and brush off any formalities. "I'd not worry about any superiors, we aren't quite that organized out here," she says. "I'd never say no to some help from one more magically inclined, though I can't say I've ever seen a priest of Nethys built quite like yourself. Nice to meet you, Trawets."

Randgríðr's face breaks out in a fierce counter-blush as the paladin speaks. Formulating her words to the smaller woman, she tries her best not to get too lost in the paladin's golden eyes. "Ah, nothing special about my name, lady Choros. You call just call me Grida, that's what my uh... father calls me. If you two could use an extra sword arm and a guide, I'd be more than happy to oblige."

"Never trust a fool", old Deadeye says, and here I've gone making one of myself! A real knight in shining armor, here in my village, and the first thing I do is tell a stupid fib. Pa has never called me Grida before, nine hells...

(GREE-da)


Male Human Wizard 1| AC 15 T 11 FF 14| HP 8/8 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +1 | Perc +7

"Priest?, says Trawets in shocked voice as he looks down at his robes and takes his hat off and looks at it. "I'm not priest. I'm a wizard as Calie here said. I always thought it was obvious from my garments. I am a devotee of Nethys and was sent here by the High Priest, I'm a lay worshiper though."


LN Human, Ranger (Stormwalker) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | I: +3 | P: +6*,

Otta takes Menander's offer, giving the man an appreciative grin. This has almost always been his first place to call when in town. The couple have always been welcoming but even now, with the Stoat at its busiest the man is able to sooth Otta's worry for a welcome moment.
"Thankyou old friend- to your health."
The drink washes away some of the cold and Otta turns in his chair with renewed determination. Snow or not, tomorrow he leaves.

Randgríðr appears at the door and surges into the room. Randgríðr will fight alongside me. Even though she is fully a head taller than those around her it's difficult to miss her- her presence is imposing and the crowd all but parts as she walks in. Otta is off his chair quickly and finds her at a table talking.

He touches her elbow lightly, words tumbling out hurridly; "Randgríðr, I would have words with you- I am leaving tomorrow morning, snow and cold be damned. I want you fighting alongside me. We will head north and find the woman..."

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

Jujo's fun was interrupted by the great deal of introductions happening around him. Calie's mention of having another spellcaster made him realize that much of the pressure on him was relieved by the presence of this man, and his smile and nod were a lot more energetic than what the situation called. The others dismissed such attitude as a gnome thing.

Afterwards, the introductions continued. There are more names and titles than people at this table, he thought to himself. A little amazed that women at arms were being so friendly, he quickly realized that the sour mood in which he usually saw them was when they were talking to other men at arms. The sight was welcome, and he decided to mention it by saying "Ladies, after our excursion and the problem is solved, I will write a play featuring two strong women who prevailed where many men failed, thanks to their friendship and cunning! I feel honored to have the two of you leading our group, having no men to pretend they're stro..." He was interrupted by the man who was sulking some minutes prior with his drink. He whispered something to Randgríðr. The gnome made no effort to listen, but instead muttered Just my luck. I knew I would get in trouble for this... again.", half expecting to be confronted by the man.


LG Female Half-elf Fighter (viking) 1 | HP: 3/14 | AC: 19, t: 12, ff:17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: -1 | Init: +2, Perc: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

"Sorry 'bout that, Trawets. Can't say priest or wizard makes much difference to most folk around here," Randgríðr says, her face reddening even more. Here I go again, looking like a green farm boy... At Jujo's mention of writing a story about "two strong women", Randgríðr's complexion reaches critical heat, and she starts to look rather sheepish.

When Ottast comes and touches her elbow, she can't help but jump a little. She turns to listen to what he says, and nods in approval. "You're just in luck, friend," she says, regaining her composure and gesturing to the rest of the group. "These folks want to investigate what's going as well. I may be a good sword arm, but you folk won't find a better tracker around these parts than Ottast."


Female LG Human Paladin | HP: 11/12 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Smite Evil (1/day, +2 Attack and AC, +1 Damage)| Spells:
Spoiler:
At Will—Detect Evil
|Active Conditions: None

At hearing Grida's agreement to join so their quickly party, Calie nearly jumps for joy. She doesn't though, instead making a less dramatic fist pump. "Yes! I could, I mean, we could definitely use your help, Grida."

The paladin contemplated sweeping the taller women in an appreciative hug, but re-thought that rather quickly. It wouldn't be fair to the others, and she already feared that she had made things awkward with Grida with her stumbletongue and had no desire to make it worse. Than again, she could of sworn that the half-elf's cheeks had blushed as well... Perhaps there was hope for her after all?

Leaving her self-conscious reverie aside, Calie caught Jujo's talk of a play. "That sounds like a lovely idea, Jujopotamous, she admits, already imagining such a heroic drama playing out in her imagination. "But you needn't make Grida and I your sole focus," she says while gesturing to Trawets and even the sad-looking newcomer that was speaking to Grida, "I'm sure they'll have all have their stories worthy of telling as well by the end of our quest. You included."

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

Seeing that Calie had followed up on his idea, Jujopotamous said "Well, every good story needs a comical character. Who better than a wizard to play that role? And as for me, I'll be your lovely narrator". He got up on his chair and bowed to the Paladin, and as he did, Calie heard some voices around her head saying "Yes, yes, Jujo is a lovely narrator", or "Oh I love his drama". Jujo got up from his bow to see if she had been positively affected by the gnomish Ghost Sound spell he used for dramatic effect.


LN Human, Ranger (Stormwalker) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | I: +3 | P: +6*,

Otta is surprised by the readiness that this new group, all who are willing to throw themselves into the cold. By the fates, these people are nuts.

He responds guardedly;
"You are all ready to march into the Border woods? I do not care much for your storytelling, Gnome- voices? who said that[/b] But whatever your purposes are, you must understand my highest priority is to find the crone and return my daughter to safety. She is all I have that is worth something in this world- "[/b]
He pauses, setting his jaw firmly; "If we are of an accord then let us point ourselves towards the forest and dangers within."

With renewed hope, Otta will wave at the couple behind the bar for food and drink for the table; suddenly I'm hungry again
I want to leave at first light. Are we in agreement- eat, drink, sleep, leave?"

I'm really trying to dig Otta out of the self-pity hole :p


Male Human Wizard 1| AC 15 T 11 FF 14| HP 8/8 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +1 | Perc +7

Trawets looks at the man and says "That order of things sounds good. I may need some warmer clothes though. It wasn't winter when I left and no mention was made of snows. Does anyone know where I could find something to warm me up some?"

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

Jujo started replying to the man, but sensed that something else was moving the man, and he was afraid to make a hurtful jest. He thought He's never met a good storyteller then, but decided to only say so in another occasion. Maybe he is in a better mood in the mornings, Jujo concluded. He wasn't fond of the talk of "dangers within", however, but let it slide.

Jujo was thankful for Trawets' response. It gave him an opportunity to talk easy again. "Well, if we all walk very closely, I'm sure we'll all stay warm", he said, opening his arms to welcome a hug.


LG Female Half-elf Fighter (viking) 1 | HP: 3/14 | AC: 19, t: 12, ff:17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: -1 | Init: +2, Perc: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

"Aye, Jujo, if we save Lady Argentea there will be stories to tell of all of us, surely," Randgríðr says, flashing a smile at Calie's kind words. "As for some warm clothing, I think that shouldn't be too hard. For you, Trawets, I can see if my father has anything you can borrow before we leave on the morrow. You'd likely be a similar size. If anyone else needs clothing better suited for the cold, the general store usually opens bright and early."


Female LG Human Paladin | HP: 11/12 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Smite Evil (1/day, +2 Attack and AC, +1 Damage)| Spells:
Spoiler:
At Will—Detect Evil
|Active Conditions: None

Grida's smile sent butterflies a flutter in Calie's stomach. She very much wanted to return one back Grida's way, but Ottast's sad words chilled her to the core. Calie may not have even known the name of Grida's friend, but her heart went out to him at hearing of his missing daughter. "We'll find her, good sir. As a paladin of the Chivalrous Heart, you have my word and my oath." Calie knelt down with her glaive in hand as she made her solemn vow to the father.

When she rose back up to her full height her far more serious expression that was still firmly on her face. "Well, that's it then." Calie declared, clasping her armored hands together. "We our quest, our party and our destination. And if no is opposed to going out at first light tomorrow as the good sir and Jujopotamous here asks, than I'd say we have a plan, too. What say you all?"


LG Female Half-elf Fighter (viking) 1 | HP: 3/14 | AC: 19, t: 12, ff:17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: -1 | Init: +2, Perc: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

"Aye, that seems to be the right of it," Randgríðr responds to Calie. Turning to Ottast is particular, she quotes part of the code of a champion of Erastil: "My community comes first, and I will contribute to it all that I can. If I don’t give something back, who will?" She places a firm hand on Ottast's shoulder and shares a confident smile. "We will find your daughter, friend. It is my duty to this community and your duty as her father. Nothing shall stand between that we cannot fell."

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

"I believe we understand each other", Jujopotamous playfully said imitating a royal official. After the others have chipped in their agreements, Jujo decides it's time for another act. He had only watched The Hand that Plucked the Feather once, and never read it. But decided to give his own interpretation nonetheless. Looking around, he saw farmer Saul and his hat which always had its feather attached. I probably just have to pull it out. He's drunk enough and won't see it happening, Jujo thought to himself. He toddled like he was tipsy close to Saul and skillfully snatched the feather from his hat.

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Unfortunately, he failed at the attempt and just hurriedly left, hoping people had enough imagination that could replace the feather.

He then said loudly "Ladies and gentlemen! One day, a goose and his best friend, Leloo, were alone by the river." He waited until he had an audience. By the time he could speak without having to shout, he continued. [b]"Leloo said 'Oh my friend, we'll never find a feather to pay my sister's ransom. And I would never take one of yours'", he said with a hurt voice and a credible sob. He continued his presentation, putting emphasis on what was the point of the play in his opinion, which how hard it is to pay the price of what people hold dear.

Perform (Act): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


LN Human, Ranger (Stormwalker) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | I: +3 | P: +6*,

Otta clasps Randgríðr's hand, smiling grimly. "Thankyou- thankyou all." He steals a stool and sits amongst the group, riding the back and forth of the table's conversations as Menander's drinks gently dull the noise and activity of the tavern.

As the gnome tells jokes and tales of heroics are exchanged, Otta leans back and a pickled smile slowly grows beneath his beard. He barks a laugh at something- "Ha-", then promptly falls off the back of the stool.

He appears moments later, sheepish but grinning.


The night rolls on as Jujo performance appears to ease the tension of the villagers, and the tension of this newly collected group of people with a cause. Serving girls continue to check with the group throughout the night making sure if anyone needs anything that their needs are met. Eventually Kale makes her way back over to the group.

"Overheard you all talking. You're going to help Otta with his girl," places a compassionate hand on Ottast's shoulder; "and check in on that missing Lady. Menander and I have decided that the meal and drink is on the house tonight. Otta, Randgríðr, I know you have homes to stay at but all are welcome to a room on the house. There have been less travelers lately, with the cold and all, so we do have extra rooms." She gives Ottast's shoulder a tender squeeze before removing her hand.

Reaching into her pocket, Kale pulls out a small leather pouch and gently tosses it to Jujo. "You did good tonight, that will do."

Jujo:

coins: 1d10 ⇒ 8
Jujo opens the pouch and finds 8 silver within. From your own take on your performance, and the fact that all of your food drink and room is on the house, this was a generous payment.
I gave you a +5 bonus to your perform roll to determine the payout via the skill.

As Kale is about to walk away she pauses; "The kitchen is closed now, but we do have more to eat and we always have drinks flowing. No need to run off." At that she leaves the party to enjoy the evening and decide where the night takes them.

The fire is no longer roaring as it once was when each of your arrived earlier this evening. It is still keeping the Stout warm, but you realize that as the coin begins to flow less so do the logs into the fire. At this point in the evening the more "family men/women" are beginning to make their way home for the evening and the Stout is left with the bar flies.

There are a few things you can do. You all can decide where you will be staying this evening. You can try taking to the patrons of the Stout to find more details about what is going on in the town. If that is what your character would do, give me a K-Local or Diplomacy check. You can also keep the conversations flowing as the ale flows. The choice is yours

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

Jujo happily took and counts the money pouch from Kale, bowing in thanks.

His performance put him in the mood to get to know the people there better and so he joined tables, always bringing more ale with him to smooth his entrance. He found that his jokes were successful and that his magic tricks were...

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

... not that popular, especially since he messed up some of them. But he always laughed it off saying "This works better on people not so clever". Eventually he got people to talk and spill what was going on in town, except for the strange rumors.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

My dice are not rolling well. Can I borrow someone's?


LG Female Half-elf Fighter (viking) 1 | HP: 3/14 | AC: 19, t: 12, ff:17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: -1 | Init: +2, Perc: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

It's not that folks in town don't like her, persay, but the crowd leftover in the bar would be the part that typically doesn't. "I'll be sticking around here for a while," Randgríðr says, gesturing to those that remain. "I walk some of these fellows home a couple nights a week. I worry that if I don't they'll stumble out into the woods."

For the time that she's been sitting here chatting with folks, Randgríðr hasn't drank all that much. Though not formally a priest or champion of Erastil, she holds Old Deadeye in high regard. "Once the bar clears out, I'll be staying at home for the night," she says to those gathered at the table. "I live in the village proper so it'll be easy for me to meet with all of you here in the morning. You should probably take the free lodgings, Ottast, given the trek it takes you to get here. Wouldn't want you to be the next to get drug off, you know?"


LN Human, Ranger (Stormwalker) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | I: +3 | P: +6*,

Otta grunts at Randgríðr's suggestion;
"I'cn look after myself- even if the room is swimming and there are three of you..." He blinks up at the fighter, forcing the addled-vision to coalesce.

Otta will take the free room. He is already packed and doesn't want to go back to the cold cottage. The alcohol is slowly wearing off and the impending task is both exciting and filling him with trepidation. And now he is very, very sleepy.

He will sit for a little while longer, and as people leave he'll nod to those he knows, exchange some pleasantries but won't hold much conversation. He is an introvert and the isolation of his cottage suited him well.

"m'off"
Otta pushes himself to his feet, he'll gather his pack and in a not-so-steady gait, will head off to the free room, waving behind him as he goes.


Female LG Human Paladin | HP: 11/12 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Smite Evil (1/day, +2 Attack and AC, +1 Damage)| Spells:
Spoiler:
At Will—Detect Evil
|Active Conditions: None

When Menander comes with his offer of free lodging, Calie gave him a kindly "Thank you," for his generosity but told him that it was unnecessary. She had already been granted shelter at the parish of the town's local cleric of Erastil when she first came to Heldren with her mission.

With their plans set and their party assembled for their morning trek into the Border Woods, Calie deigned to talk to some of the tavern goers, figuring that it wouldn't hurt her cause to learn a bit more of what she should except in the forest. After all, she hadn't entered the Border Woods and years, and it wasn't as if her last trip in it had showed her to be a natural at navigating its twists and turns. Even with Otto and Grida by her side she could do with some information and advice about the forest's dangers.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


16th of Sarenith, 4713. Late at night

As the bar maids have transitioned from serving to clearing off tables, wiping them down, and flipping the stools on top, those who are not talking to the remaining patrons make their way off.

A few of the people Randgríðr have walked home in the past catch her attention as they are leaving, one elderly woman even loops her arm through Randgríðr's to help her make her way through the streets. The elderly woman goes on about the happenings around town, though nothing new that Randgríðr has not heard.

As Ottast tries to stand up, Kale makes her way over and pulls his arm around her. "Come on Otta, lets get you to a bed." as they make there way down the hall those that might be listening can hear Kale "...and I'll put a bucket besides your bed. We just did all the sheets and its getting to cold to hang dry. You just make sure..." and her voice trails off as they get far enough away from the common room.

Jujo tries his hand at impressing some of the more common bar flies with his performance. Though they aren't exactly excited about this small table side show, they do smile with the gnome as he stays to talk. One of the men Jujo has gotten to know, Dansby, speaks up; "You know, I have been trying to warn everyone about this dang cold. Oh, no one will listen to 'Ole Man Dansby' when he comes to the village letting everyone know about the cold that is freezin my crops. Heck I just went back the other day and what hadn't froze to death looks like has been harvested and carried away." he lets out a harrumph and an unsatisfied smile "well, I guess everyone will listen now as the cold creeps closer..." He picks up the mug that Jujo brought to the table and takes a long drink. "On that sour note, I believe it's off to bed." Dansby takes a moment to get to his feet. Not because of drink, but because of age. Using a cane he makes his way out.

Calie makes her way to a few of the more 'hunting type' of guys. They give her a warm welcoming smile. It isn't every day that a beautiful woman come to sit with them. "The Border Wood?" one of them says; "With the snow that has overtaken the place trapping and hunting in there has gone to squat. Heck I don't even know if the High Sentinels are about in there. They probably aren't out. Their presence there usually prevents stuff like what happened to that caravan... damn bandits." Another man speaks up; "Tom you know well what Dryden said he saw out there..." he turns towards Calie; "Dryden Kepp, hunter like us, said he saw a giant white beast in there. No one believed him, but he went to go trap whatever it was he saw. I bet that is what got the Sentinels in the woods..." letting out a whistle between his teeth; "but if Dryden traps what he saw... think of the payout he will receive."

Calie makes her way to the Temple of Erastil and pulls her cloak tight. Walking into the temple, Calie sees a Qadiran woman tending to candles. She turns and it is Zaarida, Elder Natharen Safander Cleric of Erastil's wife. "The Dawnflower finds you home safe. Your room is warm if you wish to sleep. I find that times of troubles lead me to pray." Zaarida says in a fashion that says she isn't wanting company. The makes her way to lock he door and heads back to the shrine of Sarenrae.

The evening winds down and everyone makes their way to the place the call home that evening. With the cold beating the outside of all the buildings, everyone either tosses an extra log or two on the fire or think of a warm body to hold onto...

17th of Sarenith, 4713. Morning

Morning comes and for those who stayed in the Stout the aroma in the air lures you back to the common room. You are greeted with fresh loafs of bread, cheese, and roasted sausages so juicy that the casings have slip and are still hissing. Menander is smiling from behind the counter with a steaming mug. "Mornin! I was just about to see if you all were awake. You can head on into the private dining room. Foods already in there for ya."

As you walk into the private room you see a large table with the spread food and you realize that you actually are hungry. Sitting at the table is Kale and along with another woman. Those who have been around Heldren for more than a week know her to be Councilwoman Ionnia Tepen. Kale stands up; "Come and eat, I know you are in a hurry but we could not send you out without a full stomach. Besides, when I told Councilwoman Ionnia what you were planning she insisted on meeting you all"


Male Human Wizard 1| AC 15 T 11 FF 14| HP 8/8 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +1 | Perc +7

Trawets awakes and prepares for the day. He opens his door and follows his nose to the source of the delicious smells. That smells better than anything I ever had at home. He waves to Menander and heads toward the private room.

When he enters the room he stops and inhales deeply through his nose. "That smells divine! You are a most gracious host!" He then walks over to Councilwoman Ionnia and puts his hand out, "I am Trawets Aarock, of Nethys. I was sent by the High Priest in Oppera to look into tales of strange creatures in the Border Woods."


LG Female Half-elf Fighter (viking) 1 | HP: 3/14 | AC: 19, t: 12, ff:17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: -1 | Init: +2, Perc: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Randgríðr doesn't do much after getting home, lost in thought about everything going on around the village. After checking up on her parents (both fast asleep) she takes some time to write in her journal by candlelight before getting some sleep herself.

17 Sarenith, 4713

Rising early and telling her family about the plans that were made the night before, Randgríðr gets herself ready to head to the inn. She makes sure to pack some of her father's old cold-weather clothing for Trawets as promised the night before. Donned in her hide armor and with clothing well suited to the cold underneath, Randgríðr makes her approach to the inn with both shield and halberd on her back. When she gets there (and is directed to the private dining room as well), she immediately tenses up and gives a stiff bow to Councilwoman Tepen. Whether or not it was really all that appropriate in such a small village to such a lowly-ranked politician, to Randgríðr an elder is an elder.

"Good morning, councilwoman," she says with practiced deference. "Always happy to see you involved with the peoples' needs. Thanks for meeting with us."


LN Human, Ranger (Stormwalker) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | I: +3 | P: +6*,

Despite the state he went to bed in, Otta is up early. A habit from years of rising before dawn to go hunting. Mercifully the bucket is empty, however, a dull persistent thud remains.

Fighting the ache he is outside waiting for the companions as the sun breaks the horizon. When no one turns up he trudges back inside, finding them gathering around the breakfast table. - thought we'd leave at dawn

Before he can speak he is greeted warmly and the smell of food soothes his hostility and Otta realises how hungry he is. He touches his forehead, greeting the councilwomen and sits to sate his hunger and clear his head.


Female LG Human Paladin | HP: 11/12 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Smite Evil (1/day, +2 Attack and AC, +1 Damage)| Spells:
Spoiler:
At Will—Detect Evil
|Active Conditions: None

16 Sarenith, 4713

Calie's chatting had borne fruit! The hunters she meet may have been of a rough sort, but they showed their inner beauty in telling her about the High Sentinels that patrolled the Border Woods. If anyone could tell them more about the threats in the woods and this strange white beast that was apparently stalking it, the High Sentinels seemed like just the group they'd want to connect too. Calie said as much when she returned to her newly made compatriots, telling them about the High Sentinels and the white monster before finally bidding them all a warm farewell and returning to Heldren's Erastilian for some sleep.

When she arrived, she ran into Zaarida, a Sarenite and Elder Safander's wife. Although she was tired and in desperate need of shut-eye, Calie couldn't pass up the chance to talk to the Qadiran woman. It had been some time since she had an opportunity to speak to someone in her ancestral tongue of Kelish and the thought of conversing in it with Zaarida as they talked about their respective faiths seemed like a delightful idea. Alas, the other women didn't seem to be in much a talkative mood and Calie was left starved for company as she went to bed.

17 Sarenith, 4713

When she awoke the next day, the paladin made her morning prayers to the Eternal Rose and readied her armor and glaive for whatever she was fated to confront. After giving her goodbyes and thanks to Zaarida and her husband, Calie made her way back to the Silver Trout. Before she even reached the tavern's door, the rich, pleasant smell of baked goods filled her nose and put a sunny smile on her face despite the outdoor chill. Barging through the door with food on her mind, Calie was quickly told by Menander that Grida and the others are already in the tavern's private room.

Though Calie was quite distracted by the delectable food spread set before her in the private room, she doesn't allow her hunger to stop her from giving her friends a proper "Good morning!" and the councilwoman a deferential bow and introduction. "Hello, my lady. Calie Choros, Paladin of the Eternal Rose and Sworn Glaive of the Order of the Chivalrous Heart, at your and Heldren's service."


17 Sarenith, 4713

Small talk takes place while everyone arrives. Once everyone shows up, Kale shuts the door to the private room. Councilwoman Ionnia Tepen pushes her chair back from the table and stands. Taking you all in with a stern face, the seriousness of her face fades as a smile splits her face. "When we first received word about this unnatural cold moving in from the Border Woods we did not take it seriously. We figured it was tales that the hunters were telling because they were returning empty handed..." pausing for a moment, she licks her lips and sallows; "we now know that we were wrong, and because of this we were unprepared and had no plan." motioning to Kale; "when I received word that there were people who were willing to venture into the Border Woods and try to figure out what the issue was, I had to meet you all. Seeing who is here, I am not surprised to find the two of you." The councilwoman nods to Randgríðr and Ottast. "The rest of you have no real ties to Heldren, its people and their safety. But I am personally indebted to you all."

"I went and visited Vivialla at the general store and was able to acquire five of these outfits that could help you in the cold you might face. I wish there was more that I could do, but we are not a wealthy village and it was hard enough to get Vivialla to give these up. I see that a few of you already have similar outfits for the cold weather, I would ask if those of you who do have one to leave these to return to Vivialla. It would put her in a better mood." You aren't sure why, maybe because you were taken in by the smells of the baked goods and sausages or by the presence of the Councilwoman, but you just now noticed the five bundles long the far wall.

"I want to thank you for what you are doing, and if there is anything you might need I will provide with the best of my ability." sitting down; "Is there anything before heading south to the Border Woods?

Please let me know if you are taking one of the packs and add it to your character sheet.

Cold-Weather Outfit:

7 pounds.

This outfit is designed for mountaineering or hunting and traveling in icy climates. It includes a coat of wool or thick animal fur, a linen shirt, a wool cap, a heavy cloak, a heavy skirt or pants, and waterproof leather boots. In some regions, the outfit may be composed primarily of fur and animal pelts. This outfit grants a +5 circumstance bonus on Fortitude saving throws against exposure to cold weather.

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

The night before

Jujopotamous heard Dansby's words patiently and sheepishly agreed. He went to bed thinking about his words. He should remember them the next morning.

The next morning

Jujo woke with a jump. The smell of sausages reminded him of his childhood. He opened his room door to go eat, but then remembered that he committed to help this town. Normally he wouldn't take it so seriously, but the poor people here could starve if the cold continued. He closed the door and readied himself to leave.

Then, off he went, trotting towards the common room. Being greeted by Menander, he grimaced at not being able to eat and walked towards the private room looking around for something he could "accidentally" drop to the ground.

Inside the private room

Jujo saw the table and his eyes shone like two royal pearls. After Kale welcomed him, he walked up to the councilwoman and greeted all saying "Welcome friends and lady. I hope you enjoy the feast I ordered for you all", and took a sausage and stuffed it inside his mouth. He made sure not to look at Kale as he said it. "I'm Jujo, by the way. How can we help you?", he continued suddenly aware that he had no idea why Tepen was there.

After she gave her speech, Jujo looked at the hanging outfit and said "Say, Vivialla didn't happen to have a smaller outfit?". Afterwards, he said "Of course I'll return it after. This shouldn't be a very long quest, I believe", without actually knowing how long it should take.

After some time, Jujo put his finger on his lip before saying "There is something that might be worth our attention. Ole Man Dansby did say his crops were carried away. Maybe an animal stole it and might be worth investigating."

Are small outfits lighter? 7lbs is a lot.


LN Human, Ranger (Stormwalker) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | I: +3 | P: +6*,

Otta is eating his way through breakfast and is surprised when the door closes and the air is suddenly more official and clandestine.
eh? what have I got myself into?

I'll take one of the cold weather outfits. I have a bit more gold left, any suggestion on how I can spend it? Resistance to cold potions- is that a thing?


LN Human, Ranger (Stormwalker) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | I: +3 | P: +6*,
Quote:


I'll take one of the cold weather outfits. I have a bit more gold left, any suggestion on how I can spend it? Resistance to cold potions- is that a thing?

Ok, not enough for resist cold potion. I'll buy another potion of CLW.

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

@Otta: Maybe endure elements pot?


Male Human Wizard 1| AC 15 T 11 FF 14| HP 8/8 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +1 | Perc +7

Trawets nods an picks up a set of cold weather gear, "Thank you! I'll go to my room and change right before we leave. I can think of nothing else, unless there are endure elements scrolls or potions available."


17 Sarenith, 4713

Thinking for a moment, Councilor Ionnia Teppen speaks up "Potions and scrolls would be something that Elder Safander at the Temple of Erastil might have or even Tessaraea Willowbark at the Willowbark Apothecary. Though... something for enduring cold elements being available in Heldren, or really anywhere else in this region, might seem out of the ordinary."

Ottast & Randgríðr:

Being from the village, and people who might frequent the shops more often than Councilor Teppen might, you know that Tessaraea at the Willowbark Apothecary actually does have two potions of Resist Energy Cold for sale, and most anything that an Alchemist like Tessaraea would have.

aka, anything in the CRB or Ultimate Equipment under the Alchemical Remedies/Tools/Weapons section

Wise eyes takin in Jujo Councilor Ionnia Teppen smiles: "Unfortunately no. But since these are yours to keep I am sure a well traveled man like yourself could makeshift something from what is within the bundle."

Standing up once again, the Councilor folds her napkin and places it on the table; "Kale, thank you for bringing us together this morning. And to all of you, I wish you luck. Find what is causing the cold weather, and what has happened to Lady Argentea Malassene. It would look bad on us if she disappeared so closely to our village..."

With a slight nod Councilor Teppen leave the party to finish their meal.

At this point it is really up to everyone with what they might like to do. There are various shops that you could stop at, but if you have no gold it seems to be a mood point. Once everyone is ready to take the road south to the Border Woods please let me know.

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

Jujopotamous felt a bitter taste from hearing the councilwoman's words. He did not enjoy being bossed around as if he was some sort of militia. Every drop of blood in him wanted to go the other way, but the need of the people here kept coming back to him like a splinter. It is as if Cayden Cailean himself had been poking in his brain with a stick to remind him of who he was. However, as she walks out, the little actor concentrates and a loud wooden crack emerges from the ground, making the councilor leap as if the floor was giving in to her weight. A quick inspection revealed that the floor was intact.

Satisfied with his Ghost Sound result and without acknowledging the stares he was receiving, the gnome walked over to one of the cold outfits and improvised something that would suit him.

Adding cold outfit with 7/4lbs weight, which is roughly 2lbs.

Jujo stuffed his belly after the councilwoman was gone. There was something in him that said he wouldn't get a proper meal like this in a while. After being pressed for time, he went outside and realized he didn't have enough to buy potions, so he decided he had enough to endure the cold. Thinking that everyone would probably be asleep or working now, he realized he would have no one to pay attention to his acts. He stood by the road to the south waiting for the others and convinced himself this town had gotten boring anyway.


Female LG Human Paladin | HP: 11/12 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Smite Evil (1/day, +2 Attack and AC, +1 Damage)| Spells:
Spoiler:
At Will—Detect Evil
|Active Conditions: None

At the councilwoman's offer of cold-resistant clothing, Calie bowed her head in respect and appreciation. "I thank you and your town for its hospitality in offering these garments, Lady Teppen. I assure you that they'll be put to good use as we make our way into the Border Woods, and I swear upon the Eternal Rose that your town we be relieved of this unnatural chill." It was a serious vow as such things went, and many other more senior and world-weary paladins may not have made such a promise. For good and for ill, Calie was no such paladin, at least not yet, and sincerely believed that she and her new friends could make good on her oath.

When the good councilwoman made her exit, Calie took a closer look at her gifted cold-weather outfit. The winter ensemble was a thick coat made of sheep's wool, a fur-lined cloak, heavy wool pants, a fur cap, and a quite durable pair of black leather boots. All in all, the outfit was by no means visually stunning, but that surprisingly mattered very little to Calie. It would serve for their purposes, and more importantly, they were a token of the people of Heldren's trust in their mission. What was a lack of style compared to that?

Putting the ensemble away into her backpack for now, the paladin finally tended to the delicious morning breakfast that had been prepared for the group. As she enjoyed some wondrous eggs and a bagel, she asked the rest of the group about their plans. "So, after we're done with when this heavenly meal here do you think she should move out to the Border Woods immediately? Or is does anyone have something they need to do beforehand?"

[ooc] With the cold-weather outfit, I'd say Calie ready to go into the Border Woods.[/b]

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

Jujo replied to Calie saying "Well, I'll take a look at my savings before leaving. But I'll be by the south road when I'm ready". Only later would he find out he didn't have enough money with him.


LG Female Half-elf Fighter (viking) 1 | HP: 3/14 | AC: 19, t: 12, ff:17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: -1 | Init: +2, Perc: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

"Thank you, councilwoman," Randgríðr says, punctuating it with another bow. "I've already got a set for patrolling, so I'll make sure to take a bundle back to Vivialla."

She takes one of the bundles and puts it with her father's cold-weather outfit, another set she'll make sure to return before leaving. "Once I've gone and done that I should be all set, I think. Not a whole lot of spare coins for potions and such, unfortunately."


Male Human Wizard 1| AC 15 T 11 FF 14| HP 8/8 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +1 | Perc +7

Trawets picks up his bundle, "Once I put these on, I will be ready to go and will wait in the common area for everyone else. Might as well stay warm as long as we can."

1 to 50 of 267 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Squirrel Ninja's Reign of Winter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.