The Council's Chosen - Age of Ashes

Game Master ICT GM

Battle Maps


101 to 136 of 136 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Neutral (male) gnome (fey-touched) bard 1 | HP 17 | AC 17 | F +4 R +6 W +5 | Perc +5; low-light vision | Stealth +6 | 25ft. | focus 1 | spells 1st: 3 | Reactions: ---

agreed, I've got nothing for this.

Fuzbizzle turns and runs outside of the building.


Rory looks around at the fire that appears about to engulf the building. "Unfortunately, it looks like it's going to be too late to try and put the blaze out, unless someone has some magic up their sleeves." Regretfully he looks at the wood structure. Some heroes they'd turned out to be. With a sigh he prepares to leave unless there was some clear way to arrest the flames.

Grand Archive

Female XP | Tres Goblin Alchemist 1| HP: 15{15} | AC: 16 Fire Resistance 1 | Infused Reagents: 2{5} | HeP: 2{3} | Conditions: Encumbered with rucksack

Yep, looks liek we are all agreed. Out of dodge it is! Ranzak will make sure to collect her bag on the way...

Ranzak moves away from the fire, picks up her rucksack and moves to leave via the south door.


NG Female Gnome Druid 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 | F +5 R +3 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +3 | Speed: 25 ft. | Focus 2/2 | Spells 1: 2/2 | Hero Points: 2/3 | Active Conditions: ---

Rizz fires one Ray of Frost through the thick of the fire before regretfully turning around and running out of the building.


You all emerge from the council chambers to a scene of organized chaos. Soot-covered townsfolk - including some of those you rescued from inside - have formed a makeshift bucket brigade, and are hauling in buckets of water from the town square water pumps. Though the fire will certainly damage the building, it won't be a total loss.

You all receive 100 XP for saving the townsfolk!

A moment after stepping outside, you hear a sharp whistle. All turn to look to its source - Greta Gardania. She looks around, hugging some of the townspeople next to her, while others wearily clap her on the back in thanks for their lives. “What manner of madness just happened? This can be no accident! Did anyone see anything?”

One of the guards who was stationed outside before the fire began raises his hand, then his voice. “Aye,” says the wearied, uniformed man. “The clerks saw everything—it was Calmont, that cad of a bookseller’s apprentice. He lit the fires in the halls next to the chamber. He also set that fire monster loose on the crowd!”

The second guard shouts in assent. “Indeed!” says the grave but steely woman. “And witnesses outside the building saw him run toward Hellknight Hill!”

A surprised and worried wave ripples through the crowd at this information, including Warbal’s distinct voice: “The citadel! My Bumblebrashers!”

Greta raises her hand authoritatively, and the crowd begins to calm. "Friends, we’ll get to the bottom of this,” she assures them. “But we can’t do it alone. Who are the heroes in attendance today? Heroes,
are you willing to investigate Hellknight Hill?”

The other heroes who had gathered to provide aid are either no longer in sight, or trying to avoid eye contact with the six of you - they all fled the moment the scene broke out. None of them raise their voice in assent.


NG Female Gnome Druid 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 | F +5 R +3 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +3 | Speed: 25 ft. | Focus 2/2 | Spells 1: 2/2 | Hero Points: 2/3 | Active Conditions: ---

Rizz comes out of the building a little dejected at not being able to stop the fires, but her ears quickly perk as she catches talk of what happened.

"Yes! I'll gladly help hunt down the one responsible for this!" Rizz turns to look at the five others who worked together to save the townsfolk and defeat the creature.

Grand Archive

Female XP | Tres Goblin Alchemist 1| HP: 15{15} | AC: 16 Fire Resistance 1 | Infused Reagents: 2{5} | HeP: 2{3} | Conditions: Encumbered with rucksack

My Stat bvar above has a link to XP tracking so it's in one place, rather than everyone getting mixed up. I'm happy to track this. XP

"Of course! That fiend must not be allowed to attack my tribe liek this!"


Neutral (male) gnome (fey-touched) bard 1 | HP 17 | AC 17 | F +4 R +6 W +5 | Perc +5; low-light vision | Stealth +6 | 25ft. | focus 1 | spells 1st: 3 | Reactions: ---

"Of course, of course." Fuzbizzle says and shoves his glasses back up his nose.


LG human (half-orc) rogue 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F +4 R +9 W +6 | Perc +5 (+6 vs traps)| Stealth +7 25 ft. | Active Conditions: --- | Receives check to find traps even if not Searching

Aerel returns his bow to its sheath and nods. "I will help to track this criminal down as well."


Human Barbarian 1
Stats:
Hp's 23/23; AC 16; Per: +5; Fort:+8/Ref:+3/Will:+5; Athletics +7. (Raging w/Large war flail: Hp's +4; AC 14; Reflex +2; -1 to Acro./Stlth./Thv.)

Coughing as he makes his way out, Joran dusts his soot covered clothes off as best he can.

ICT GM wrote:
Greta raises her hand authoritatively, and the crowd begins to calm. "Friends, we’ll get to the bottom of this,” she assures them. “But we can’t do it alone. Who are the heroes in attendance today? Heroes, are you willing to investigate Hellknight Hill?”

Joran looks around, noticing the only ones left are those that were a part of helping out. He then looks back to Greta, "Heroes? You talking to me too, right? As in the 'Call of heroes'? Because if you are then, YES! I knew this my time! Yes!" he exclaims, grinning mightily and giving a fist pump before giving a friendly pop on the shoulder to Aerel. He then realizes how it all might look. "Wait! What I meant was: Let's go get us some bad guys... ma'am." He throws a wink to the others. "By the way," he starts again, turning his attention upon the group, "Name's Bravestone. Joran Bravestone. Pleasure to meet you all," he nods, smiling. He then quickly turns back to Greta, "One more thing, ma'am, are we going to need to do this now? Because if so, I'm going to need to collect a few things. You know, like... everything. Good looks can only get you so far, Miss Greta," he says with a wink and a wry grin.


Rory, you're coming along whether you like it or not! :D

Ranzak, you took 11 points of damage in the fight - just FYI!

"Excellent. Your...enthusiasm...is appreciated," Greta says, giving a nod in Joran's direction. "We must go check on the Bramblebashers" - Warbal nods emphatically in agreement - "And track down Calmont to learn more about why he did what he did and bring him to justice. Our townsfolk are all unharmed thanks to you, so the town would like to offer you potions as a small token of appreciation and to help you in the trials ahead." She hands the potions over before continuing.

"We are prepared to offer 15 gold pieces for reporting back on the goblins and 15 gold for bringing Calmont - alive - back for questioning. Please visit any of our local shops for provisions for your journey, if needed, but please don't delay long - we're eager to have this situation resolved and a little clarity on why it occurred, if possible. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to help my fellow councilors see to the townsfolk and ensure the fire is put out. Thank you for your assistance, and may the gods watch your path." She bows before heading quickly in the direction of the bucket brigade.

The party has received two potions of minor healing!

As Greta steps away, Warbal steps forward. "Friends, thank you for volunteering for this task. If it is helpful, I'd be happy to accompany you. I won't be able to follow you into the Citadel - I'd only slow you down - but despite my appearance, I've camped quite a bit in day and could help setup and manage camp outside the Citadel."

It is a little after noon and you have a roughly one-mile hike ahead of you. Please let me know what shopping, if any, you'll do, and what Exploration task you would like to take on your journey to the Citadel, and which you would like to take as you approach (you can also discuss this amongst yourselves in the Discussion thread, of course) To be helpful, the area surrounding Breachill is peaceful and patrolled.

Grand Archive

Female XP | Tres Goblin Alchemist 1| HP: 15{15} | AC: 16 Fire Resistance 1 | Infused Reagents: 2{5} | HeP: 2{3} | Conditions: Encumbered with rucksack
ICT GM wrote:
Ranzak, you took 11 points of damage in the fight - just FYI!

Ouch, even with my fire resistance. That Hurts!

"I am a little hurt from the fire, is there someone in town who could help with that?" Ranzak asks Warbal. "Of course you must join us! You help will be vital."


NG Female Gnome Druid 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 | F +5 R +3 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +3 | Speed: 25 ft. | Focus 2/2 | Spells 1: 2/2 | Hero Points: 2/3 | Active Conditions: ---

"I can help you Ranzak!" Rizz smiles and pulls out her healer's tools and begins to use some ointment to treat the goblin's burns, taking about ten minutes of time.

Treat Wounds (Medicine): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Potential healing: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7
Potential crit healing: 2d8 ⇒ (7, 5) = 12

Grand Archive

Female XP | Tres Goblin Alchemist 1| HP: 15{15} | AC: 16 Fire Resistance 1 | Infused Reagents: 2{5} | HeP: 2{3} | Conditions: Encumbered with rucksack

Yeah, that'll do it. Nice time for a Nat 20!

"Many thanks Rizz, that is much better."


Neutral (male) gnome (fey-touched) bard 1 | HP 17 | AC 17 | F +4 R +6 W +5 | Perc +5; low-light vision | Stealth +6 | 25ft. | focus 1 | spells 1st: 3 | Reactions: ---

"We would be happy to have you Warbal. But first, who is Calmont?”

Grand Archive

Female XP | Tres Goblin Alchemist 1| HP: 15{15} | AC: 16 Fire Resistance 1 | Infused Reagents: 2{5} | HeP: 2{3} | Conditions: Encumbered with rucksack

"The Bookseller's apprentice."

Society: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Do I know anything else about Calmont?


Human Barbarian 1
Stats:
Hp's 23/23; AC 16; Per: +5; Fort:+8/Ref:+3/Will:+5; Athletics +7. (Raging w/Large war flail: Hp's +4; AC 14; Reflex +2; -1 to Acro./Stlth./Thv.)

"Okay, I'll be right back. I've got to go get my things. Won't be long." The large fellow then takes off for home to acquire his gear before returning back to the others.

He can meet back up with y'all here or wherever. It's all good.


Ranzak:

You don't know much about him - he seems to be a dim-witted, reclusive halfling who serves as an apprentice for the Reliant Book Company. His name as the culprit for such a shocking crime IS a surprise, though.

I'm assuming you're going with the plan to Hustle to the Citadel...

Around 2:00, once everyone has gathered back in town square, you all head off at a quick pace towards the Citadel. You follow the road and encounter only a few passing travelers. Upon arriving at the hill a short while later, Warbal points to a rocky, but well-marked path, leading up the gradually sloping sides of Hellknight Hill.

Rising from the hilltop above is a looming structure of crumbling stone and still-imposing battlements, though verdant nature is reclaiming the site. Plumes of red smoke—which ambassador Warbal believes to be distress signals from the Bumblebrasher goblins—rise from the roof of the keep’s central tower. This place can only be Citadel Altaerein, the infamous former home of the Order of the Nail Hellknights, now fallen into ruin. The gate-like doors in the center of the keep hang ajar—not surprising, since no one has maintained this facility in years.

Citadel Altaerein

Significant overgrowth has overtaken the perimeter around the citadel. What were once well-maintained bushes have turned to wild brambles around the entire building. As a result, the 10-foot-wide perimeter around the entire citadel is difficult terrain.

Warbal stands still for just a moment, the look of distress evident on her face. She shakes her head and begins scanning the area. A moment later she points to a small hillock a few hundred yards away. "There. That will be a fairly comfortable place to setup camp," she says, moving in that direction. Once she arrives, she unpacks her backpack to reveal an impressive array of camping equipment and supplies. She wasn't lying - she appears to be quite adept at camping.

The path you followed up the hill leads directly the front doors of the Citadel.

What would you like to do?

Grand Archive

Female XP | Tres Goblin Alchemist 1| HP: 15{15} | AC: 16 Fire Resistance 1 | Infused Reagents: 2{5} | HeP: 2{3} | Conditions: Encumbered with rucksack

Ranzak will leave her Adventurer's pack, and repair kit with Warbal. This leaves her less weighed down (And not encumbered) then be ready to head into the citadel. She pulls her belt tight and fastens the various straps around herself.

"It is a surprise to me that Calmont would do such a thing. I wonder , did someone else put him up to it?"


NG Female Gnome Druid 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 | F +5 R +3 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +3 | Speed: 25 ft. | Focus 2/2 | Spells 1: 2/2 | Hero Points: 2/3 | Active Conditions: ---

Rizz steps beside Ranzak, ready to adventure in.

"I'm not sure, but I'm fairly certain we'll find out rather quickly once we find him."


LG human (half-orc) rogue 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F +4 R +9 W +6 | Perc +5 (+6 vs traps)| Stealth +7 25 ft. | Active Conditions: --- | Receives check to find traps even if not Searching

Aerel checks his gear before moving alongside the others.
"If someone did put him up to it, he probably won't be eager to reveal to us who they are."


Human Barbarian 1
Stats:
Hp's 23/23; AC 16; Per: +5; Fort:+8/Ref:+3/Will:+5; Athletics +7. (Raging w/Large war flail: Hp's +4; AC 14; Reflex +2; -1 to Acro./Stlth./Thv.)

Joran finds himself staring at the magnificent citadel for a moment before turning his attention to his gear and making sure everything's intact. "Only one way to find out. Let's move!" the big man says excitedly, starting out toward the edifice.


Rory eyes the edifice with a raised brow. "Well, I suppose that making an initial search would be wise, at least."


Cautiously making your way up the path towards the Keep, you see that much of the structure is still sound, but there are several points in the wall that are crumbled and would allow access inside. There are holes in the wall to the south and in the north.

In addition to the holes in the wall, there is a main entrance directly ahead of you on the path. Battered, reinforced doors hang ajar at this main entrancel. Above the doorframe, a tarnished seal depicting a sunburst made of nails stands out in relief on the keep’s stonework. Under the seal runs a worn but clear line of carved text in a strange language.

Does anyone speak/read Infernal?

How would you like to proceed?

Grand Archive

Female XP | Tres Goblin Alchemist 1| HP: 15{15} | AC: 16 Fire Resistance 1 | Infused Reagents: 2{5} | HeP: 2{3} | Conditions: Encumbered with rucksack

I don't speak infernal...

"Let's get inside, and out of sight."


NG Female Gnome Druid 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 | F +5 R +3 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +3 | Speed: 25 ft. | Focus 2/2 | Spells 1: 2/2 | Hero Points: 2/3 | Active Conditions: ---

"I think we should peak through one of the holes in the wall, to see if anything is stirring inside. What do you guys think?" Rizz tries to read this odd language and hasn't a clue what is written.


Human Barbarian 1
Stats:
Hp's 23/23; AC 16; Per: +5; Fort:+8/Ref:+3/Will:+5; Athletics +7. (Raging w/Large war flail: Hp's +4; AC 14; Reflex +2; -1 to Acro./Stlth./Thv.)

Looking at the strange carvings, "Can anyone read that? I guess a better question is: Do you think that's some type of language?" He then turns his attention to the colorful gnome, "I guess we could take a look through one of those holes; but if it's dark inside, I won't be able to see a thing."

Grand Archive

Female XP | Tres Goblin Alchemist 1| HP: 15{15} | AC: 16 Fire Resistance 1 | Infused Reagents: 2{5} | HeP: 2{3} | Conditions: Encumbered with rucksack

"No, never known what that said. Probably Hellknight jibberish. I'm worried that maybe something inside might be looking out of holes. Perhaps best inside where we can't be clearly seen quick?"


Rory shakes his head sadly. "Not one of the languages they taught at the Monastery, for some reason... Some investigation would be worth doing, though."


LG human (half-orc) rogue 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F +4 R +9 W +6 | Perc +5 (+6 vs traps)| Stealth +7 25 ft. | Active Conditions: --- | Receives check to find traps even if not Searching

"I can't read that... but I can see in the dark, and I'm good at sneaking around. I could go to one or both of the holes and see what's there. Otherwise we should probably keep moving."


Neutral (male) gnome (fey-touched) bard 1 | HP 17 | AC 17 | F +4 R +6 W +5 | Perc +5; low-light vision | Stealth +6 | 25ft. | focus 1 | spells 1st: 3 | Reactions: ---

back from my conference and slowly getting caught up to speed

Before leaving Warbal, Fuzbizzle asks her the quickest way to get to the Bumblebrasher camp.

Grand Archive

Female XP | Tres Goblin Alchemist 1| HP: 15{15} | AC: 16 Fire Resistance 1 | Infused Reagents: 2{5} | HeP: 2{3} | Conditions: Encumbered with rucksack

"I can see in the dark, and I'm pretty quiet, I can come too. But let's get it done quick. This talking; not good."


LG human (half-orc) rogue 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F +4 R +9 W +6 | Perc +5 (+6 vs traps)| Stealth +7 25 ft. | Active Conditions: --- | Receives check to find traps even if not Searching

Assuming we are proceeding with the "check the holes for bad guys and then go through the main gate" plan just so we keep moving...
Aerel nods and moves quietly to the southern hole in the wall, doing his best to keep out of sight of whatever might be in the abandoned castle.
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


NG Female Gnome Druid 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 | F +5 R +3 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +3 | Speed: 25 ft. | Focus 2/2 | Spells 1: 2/2 | Hero Points: 2/3 | Active Conditions: ---

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Rizz has not been paying mind to her skin and hair color, so I doubt it's close enough to gain the chameleon gnome bonus at this time, though as she realizes she's trying to be stealthy she will slowly shift her colors to match the castle's stone
Rizz follows Aerel, keeping to the shadows where she can, and relying on her keen eyes to see anything before it sees her.


Human Barbarian 1
Stats:
Hp's 23/23; AC 16; Per: +5; Fort:+8/Ref:+3/Will:+5; Athletics +7. (Raging w/Large war flail: Hp's +4; AC 14; Reflex +2; -1 to Acro./Stlth./Thv.)

Watching the others go off, Joran turns to Ranzak, "Okay, my small friend, let's me and you head to the front door. We'll wait for their signal and then we'll just waltz on in like we own the place," he says with a smile and a wink. He then heads straight up to the front door. "Hey, you two! Let us know if you see anything!" he tells Rizz and Aerel with a nod and a grin, giving them a thumbs up.

Grand Archive

Female XP | Tres Goblin Alchemist 1| HP: 15{15} | AC: 16 Fire Resistance 1 | Infused Reagents: 2{5} | HeP: 2{3} | Conditions: Encumbered with rucksack

Ranzak nods at Joran, and readies the frost vial that was made, but not used earlier.

101 to 136 of 136 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Council's Chosen - Age of Ashes PBP - Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.