Shades of Ice

Game Master Angie H

Trollheim Map, Fight map


251 to 300 of 345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Unchained Rogue survivalist 5th lvl | HP 38/38 | AC 20/16F/15T | Fort+4 Ref+9 Will+4 | BAB+3 CMB+2 CMD16 | Per+10 SM+10 | move 20 |Active: evasion/uncanny dodge/edure elements
Petronia Fangborne wrote:
Petronia barks with laughter, "Finally! But you better not let Ner hear you say that unless it's a sure thing. All he'll hear is 'chest open' and then make it happen."

Ner's ears burned ... he assumed it was the cold dry wind.


Male Halfling Unchained Rogue survivalist 5th lvl | HP 38/38 | AC 20/16F/15T | Fort+4 Ref+9 Will+4 | BAB+3 CMB+2 CMD16 | Per+10 SM+10 | move 20 |Active: evasion/uncanny dodge/edure elements

angie:
Ner watched the young woman and waited for her team of accomplices to show themselves as he readied a hot nut to throw and get Petronia's attention. He slid his sap into his left hand.


Human Arctic Druid 5| HP: 30/33 | AC: 11 (11 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMD: 14 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +9 | Init: +1/+4 | Perc: +12/+15 SM: +13 |
Active Effects:
Spells: 1st 3+1/4.1, 2nd 3+1/3+1, 3rd 1+1/2+1, Pearl 3/3, Domain 7/7
Petronia Fangborne wrote:
Petronia barks with laughter, "Finally! But you better not let Ner hear you say that unless it's a sure thing. All he'll hear is 'chest open' and then make it happen."

"Speaking of which, have you seen the little fellow for a while? I hope he hasn't gotten lost."

Petronia Fangborne wrote:
"I'd say our next visit is the tavern in Charcoal Valley. Sounds like it could be fun extracting info from a shady hole-in-the-wall."

"Yes, that does sound like our best bet. And who knows, perhaps you and Kazmir can put your plan in action after all," the druid chuckled. Besides, all the food was making him a bit thirsty - a tavern would be just the thing.


Skinwalker Brawler/5 | HP44/44 | Init +5 | AC20/F17/T14/ | F+5 R+7 W+1 | Perc +10/11 SM +7/8 | Martial Flexibility 5/5

As per our GM's request...

initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Meh.


Human Arctic Druid 5| HP: 30/33 | AC: 11 (11 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMD: 14 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +9 | Init: +1/+4 | Perc: +12/+15 SM: +13 |
Active Effects:
Spells: 1st 3+1/4.1, 2nd 3+1/3+1, 3rd 1+1/2+1, Pearl 3/3, Domain 7/7

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Halfling Unchained Rogue survivalist 5th lvl | HP 38/38 | AC 20/16F/15T | Fort+4 Ref+9 Will+4 | BAB+3 CMB+2 CMD16 | Per+10 SM+10 | move 20 |Active: evasion/uncanny dodge/edure elements

initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Male M Dwarf Barbarian (Armored Hulk) 5 (HP 49/52 | AC:20 | T:15 | FF:19 | CMB:9 | CMD:21 | Fort:+6| Ref:+2 | Will:+2 | Init:+2| Perc:+5 | Speed 30)

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Not bad!


stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Ner perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

The three Pathfinders slowly made their way out of the market, and south through the streets of Trollheim. Ner lobbed a nut at Petronia to let her know that he was still with her, then he followed at a distance, keeping an eye on his friends, and also on the youth. The well-bundled Ulfen youth followed Matheus and the others out of the market, but hadn't noticed that Ner was also following her.

Ten or so minutes later, as they moved into a quiet side-street, Ner heard a bird-call that definitely didn't belong in the city. The girl suddenly signalled to somebody on a nearby roof. The halfling ran forward and chucked a handful of nuts, hitting Kazmir soundly in the back of the head. The dwarf spun, and followed Ner's frantic pointing to the roof opposite. Two dark, bundled shapes were visible, leaning out from behind chimneys, crossbows in hand.

The two amushers are on a first floor roof of a building, about 15 feet in front of you. The girl and Ner are about 20 feet behind Matheus, Kazmir and Petrnoia.Ner, Kaz, and Petal go first.


Skinwalker Brawler/5 | HP44/44 | Init +5 | AC20/F17/T14/ | F+5 R+7 W+1 | Perc +10/11 SM +7/8 | Martial Flexibility 5/5

Petronia stops in her tracks as something hits her from behind while exiting the market. She sees a nut bounce down onto the ground and she leans down to pick it up and pockets it. She grins and mutters, "Ner is somewhere close. He must have a reason for not joining us. I'd say be on your guard but it could be just as possible that he's chasing squirrels."

As soon as Kazmir lets out a string of curses from Ner's nut assault, the brawler looks upwards and sees the potential threat. Her eyes narrow and she lets out a growl before rushing the building and launching herself up the side. There was no doubt that she wanted to get up close and personal to pummel those who chose to hide behind a crossbow.

climb,DC15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Human Arctic Druid 5| HP: 30/33 | AC: 11 (11 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMD: 14 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +9 | Init: +1/+4 | Perc: +12/+15 SM: +13 |
Active Effects:
Spells: 1st 3+1/4.1, 2nd 3+1/3+1, 3rd 1+1/2+1, Pearl 3/3, Domain 7/7

So no surprise round for the enemy, thanks to Ner's warning?

Also, how are those firing angles? If Matheus gets his back against a a wall, does the roof block the shot from one archer?


Male M Dwarf Barbarian (Armored Hulk) 5 (HP 49/52 | AC:20 | T:15 | FF:19 | CMB:9 | CMD:21 | Fort:+6| Ref:+2 | Will:+2 | Init:+2| Perc:+5 | Speed 30)

Kazmir feels the nuts more as a patter of hailstones then an actual attack and his curse is more of habit then of actual annoyance. Grumbling he rubs the back of his stoneplate helmet and turns. Then he annoyance changes to surprise and then anger as he spots the armed rooftop crossbow men.

Archers. They didn't even dare to come down to the street.

'Petronia, want to throw one down here?"


If anybody takes cover against the wall of the buildings that the archers are on, they'd have to lean way over to shoot straight down. Guess I should have split them up between two roofs. Live and learn!


Male Halfling Unchained Rogue survivalist 5th lvl | HP 38/38 | AC 20/16F/15T | Fort+4 Ref+9 Will+4 | BAB+3 CMB+2 CMD16 | Per+10 SM+10 | move 20 |Active: evasion/uncanny dodge/edure elements

If the young woman doesn't have any weapons I'm going to leave her be, place the soft handle of my sap between my teeth and try to scale the wall under the archers ... If the girl has anything on her - sling or knife, etc. I'm gonna thunk her with my sap - and rain non-lethal hellfire on her personage!!!
climb: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 not enough for the lower section of the average house
or
sap: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 sneak attack damage is +3d6 if I still have the advantage after throwing those nuts


climb DC is 15 - these are made of big rough stones, pretty easy to climb. The girl has no obvious weapons, but you can't see everything due to the thick winter outerwear.


Petronia leaps onto the rough stone wall of the building upon which the archers stood, followed quickly by Ner. The two climb nimbly up the single-story building. Petronia reaches the top and pulls herself over, as Ner continues to climb.

Petronia, you're up and can act. Ner needs his move action to finish climbing next round, then has a standard action.

Kazmir stands fuming, hoping Petronia will toss an archer down to him. However, he doesn't need to wait, for two more figures burst through the building's door. Gender is hard to determine, as they're bundled up against the cold, but both are wielding the large battleaxes often favoured by Ulfen folk.

Seeing Matheus, they both make for him, swinging hard. The first greataxe connects solidly into his shoulder, crunching through fur, skin, and the strap holding the chest up. As the chest tumbles to the ground, blood runs down the druid's arm. The second attacker, however, is unable to connect with the bulky druid.

Meanwhile, both archers aim for Kazmir, no doubt hoping to put the dwarf down before he can defend Matheus. Both bolts find their target, one in the dwarf's thigh, the other in his belly, just missing something vital. Both archers then drop their crossbows and draw greataxes, prepared to defend themselves from the brawler.

rolls/damage:

axe1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
confirm crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Nope
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
axe2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

crossbow 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
damage: 1d10 ⇒ 3
crossbow 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
damage: 1d10 ⇒ 6


Human Arctic Druid 5| HP: 30/33 | AC: 11 (11 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMD: 14 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +9 | Init: +1/+4 | Perc: +12/+15 SM: +13 |
Active Effects:
Spells: 1st 3+1/4.1, 2nd 3+1/3+1, 3rd 1+1/2+1, Pearl 3/3, Domain 7/7

Hmm... would need a map to make sure, but lets hope this won't be too bad... 5' step away then casting Earth Tremor in the 10' burst version (hopefully not catching Kazmir in it (at least he already moved this round), nor any of the houses, since this kind of spell could do a number on buildings, depending on how you interpret it. Reasonable damage to both enemies, plenty of difficult terrain to slow them down.

Earth Tremor: 5d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 2, 3, 2) = 13 Ref DC 17 for half, failure knocks prone as well

Matheus groaned in pain and swallowed a curse as enemies appeared right next to him. There was no way he could call forth minions to fight for him, with enemies already this close, nor was there time to conjure arms and armor for himself either. This, lacking options and time to strategize, he was forced to simply act.

Shouting out the words of an elemental invocation, the druid stomped one foot on the ground as he released a fierce burst of energy into the ground beneath his feet. In immediate response, the ground rumbled and shifted violently under the robbers' feet, throwing them off balance even as they were peppered with chunks of frozen earth and rocks.


Male Halfling Unchained Rogue survivalist 5th lvl | HP 38/38 | AC 20/16F/15T | Fort+4 Ref+9 Will+4 | BAB+3 CMB+2 CMD16 | Per+10 SM+10 | move 20 |Active: evasion/uncanny dodge/edure elements

Ner scrambled to the rooftop with his sap handle still between his teeth. He quickly drew his little needle of a dagger and tossed it at the closest crossbowman. His aim looked sloppy, he was too much on his guard.
dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
dam: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
fighting defensively this round - AC22


Skinwalker Brawler/5 | HP44/44 | Init +5 | AC20/F17/T14/ | F+5 R+7 W+1 | Perc +10/11 SM +7/8 | Martial Flexibility 5/5

Sorry, yesterday was the day that wouldn't end

Petronia approaches one of the ambushers with a sneer on her face, "Hiding behind weapons? It's sad when others don't know how to fight without relying on steel."

unarmed attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

She lashes out with one of her solid fists, moving herself into position so unleash a greater assault once her prey was within reach.


UGH! This website is doing my head in! Hopefully this one will work. Posting for Kazmir to move things along.

rolls:

ref save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Save, takes 6 Damage
ref save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Fail, take 13 Damage
Earthbreaker: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
greataxe at petal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
greataxe at Ner: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
greataxe at Matheus: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Matheus stomped with the weight of a minor god, and the street shook and shuddered. One of his two attackers was thrown down onto his belly, and both took a beating from the debris.

Kazmir took advantage of the situation to stomp over and swing Earthbreaker at the prone attacker. Unfortunately, there was too much debris underfoot and he was unable to make contact.

Petronia's punch rattled the brains of her archer, who retaliated with a mighty swing of her greataxe. "Typical southerner," she sneered back. "Too stupid to hold a pencil, much less a weapon, and seeks to make herself feel better by berating her betters." Petronia dodged the blade easily, ready to retaliate.

Ner's little dagger flew away, and the huge Ulfen facing him grinned. "I could crush you under my bootheel," he declared, but decided to chop instead. Alas, his tiny foe was too nimble, and he dodged aside at the last moment.

The two Ulfen on the street shook off the shock of their personalized earthquake, and struck out at their opponents. The prone Ulfen got carefully to his feet, moving sideways away from both Kazmir and Matheus. Using Withdraw. When he felt himself to be out of the range of the druid's earthquake, he hefted his weapon and prepared to defend himself.

The final opponent, the one who'd kept her feet, lashed out at Matheus with her greataxe, but found herself hampered by the stones underfoot and her swing went wide.


Male Halfling Unchained Rogue survivalist 5th lvl | HP 38/38 | AC 20/16F/15T | Fort+4 Ref+9 Will+4 | BAB+3 CMB+2 CMD16 | Per+10 SM+10 | move 20 |Active: evasion/uncanny dodge/edure elements

new round?

Angie H wrote:
Ner's little dagger flew away, and the huge Ulfen facing him grinned. "I could crush you under my bootheel," he declared, but decided to chop instead. Alas, his tiny foe was too nimble, and he dodged aside at the last moment.

Ner spat out his little little blackjack - a good weapon to sneak up on someone with but it wasn't going to get this job done - and he flicked out his short sword with a little spinning flourish. He made a quick duck hoping his opponent would overextend himself and it only just got him out of the way in time. He could feel his neck hair move to the wake of the axe.

Taking the Ulfen's threat very seriously, Ner drove his sword into the top of the man's boot!
short sword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
not defensive this round - AC20


Human Arctic Druid 5| HP: 30/33 | AC: 11 (11 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMD: 14 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +9 | Init: +1/+4 | Perc: +12/+15 SM: +13 |
Active Effects:
Spells: 1st 3+1/4.1, 2nd 3+1/3+1, 3rd 1+1/2+1, Pearl 3/3, Domain 7/7

Any chance for a map of some sort? Would make figuring things out easier. But Matheus's plan is clear enough, him having one enemy at hand that prevents summoning, and his self-inflicted difficult terrain slows movement and prevents 5' steps... Casting Burning Disarm defensively at the robber.

"Not so easy as you thought, eh? Not too late to just run for it," Matheus said in a conversational tone, although he couldn't hide a grimace of pain from his earlier wound. He eyes his remaining opponent, hoping the more martial members of their group could finish off their opponents in time to help him out. His previous spell had been a bit of a two-edged blade, as while it had discouraged one of the muggers and prevented them from making off with the chest - not that they would have found it such an easy thing to carry away had they tried - but it also made it difficult for himself to build enough distance to engage in his favored form of combat.

But the fact remained that he had an enemy right in front of him, and her axe had already tasted his blood once. So the first thing would be to have her part ways with it.

Casting defensively: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 Passes, Ref DC 15 to drop the weapon before it burns the wielder, 5d4 damage if she decides to hang onto it regardless.

Muttering a quick invocation, the druid touched his wounded arm with his free hand and flicked a few drops of blood at his opponent. But where the blood touched the blade of the axe she reflectively brought to block the droplets, perhaps thinking Matheus sought to blind her with his own blood, the magic took hold and the weapon in her hands heated up as if thrust into a forge, searing her fingers.


Skinwalker Brawler/5 | HP44/44 | Init +5 | AC20/F17/T14/ | F+5 R+7 W+1 | Perc +10/11 SM +7/8 | Martial Flexibility 5/5

Petronia gives a feral grin now that her prey had come close enough to unleash a flurry of blows at her. "I don't have to make myself feel better by pointing out your obvious flaws, I am better. If only because I have more sense than to work for Runa. You can't spend her money if you're dead."

brawler flurry: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 2 = 13
damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
brawler flurry: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 2 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

The brawler misses with her first punch but then solidly connects with her second. "And don't even think about running away."


Male M Dwarf Barbarian (Armored Hulk) 5 (HP 49/52 | AC:20 | T:15 | FF:19 | CMB:9 | CMD:21 | Fort:+6| Ref:+2 | Will:+2 | Init:+2| Perc:+5 | Speed 30)

Back, sorry for absence

Kazmir adds his own attacks on the would-be ambusher.

Earthbreaker: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12


rolls:

axe on Kaz: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
axe on Petal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
axe on Ner: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
perception K: 1d20 + 5 - 10 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 10 = 7
perception M: 1d20 + 15 - 10 ⇒ (3) + 15 - 10 = 8
perception N: 1d20 + 10 - 15 ⇒ (5) + 10 - 15 = 0
perception P: 1d20 + 10 - 15 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 15 = 2

Matheus - Burning Disarm won't affect the greataxe as it has a wooden handle. Matheus would have seen that. I'll leave your action open for the moment - would you like to change it? Everybody else can have their next turn]

Kazmir's Earthbreaker slams into his opponents ribcage, cracking several bones. Gasping in pain, the Ulfen woman folds in half momentarily. Straightening with a cry of pain, she swings her greataxe at the dwarf. However, the weapon is too heavy for her suddenly fragile torso, and her swing goes wide. Dropping the weapon with a curse, she throws herself backwards, trying to avoid a second swing of the hammer. Alas, she was too slow. [ooc]You get an AoO

On the roof, Petronia's opponent reels back as the brawler breaks her nose with a solid blow. Spitting bright blood into the snow, a look of confusion crosses her face. "Who in Gorum's Forge is Runa? Sounds like a Southerner." She doesn't belabour the point, instead bringing the greataxe up and across Petronia's body in an attempt to disembowel her. But an attempt is all it is.

The hefty Ulfen fighting Ner shrieked in pain and outrage as Ner buried his dagger in the man's shin. Staggering backwards, he nearly pulled the handle of Ner's dagger from the halfling's hand. More blood sprayed across the snowy roof, and his boot began filling with blood. "You miserable, filthy little peck. I'll have your head for that!" He swung down, but his bloody boot skidded on the snow, spoiling his blow.


Human Arctic Druid 5| HP: 30/33 | AC: 11 (11 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMD: 14 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +9 | Init: +1/+4 | Perc: +12/+15 SM: +13 |
Active Effects:
Spells: 1st 3+1/4.1, 2nd 3+1/3+1, 3rd 1+1/2+1, Pearl 3/3, Domain 7/7

Hmm... if you think about it like that, then very few weapons have full metallic handles - at the very least, they are wrapped in leather for better grip, in more cases there is only a core of metal covered with wood, bone or horn. Somthing like a mace, I think, would be among the few weapons 100% metal, and that would make this spell as well as Heat Metal pretty much useless for the purpose of use against weapon-wielders.

But options... did Kazmir just attack the woman Matheus was targeting? If so, then a withdrawal would have been possible and made sense. If Kazmir was after some other opponent, it wouldn't make much sense to withdraw if the axe-wielder was free to keep pursuing Matheus.


Male Halfling Unchained Rogue survivalist 5th lvl | HP 38/38 | AC 20/16F/15T | Fort+4 Ref+9 Will+4 | BAB+3 CMB+2 CMD16 | Per+10 SM+10 | move 20 |Active: evasion/uncanny dodge/edure elements

While his opponent was busy cursing, Ner knew he couldn't waist the slightest opening. He spun to the Ulfen's right side slashing his short sword at the back of the cursing brute's right thigh. five foot step diagonally to the Ulfen's side
short sword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


I think I sword with a metal hilt wrapped in leather would still get pretty hot. The leather wouldn't give that much protection against red-hot metal. But there's two feet of wood between the great axe head and the wielder's hands.

Here's a rough map. The bad guys are numbered. Matheus and Kazmir are fighting different opponents. Sorry that wasn't clear.


Human Arctic Druid 5| HP: 30/33 | AC: 11 (11 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMD: 14 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +9 | Init: +1/+4 | Perc: +12/+15 SM: +13 |
Active Effects:
Spells: 1st 3+1/4.1, 2nd 3+1/3+1, 3rd 1+1/2+1, Pearl 3/3, Domain 7/7

In that case, let's drop a Burst of Radiance on both baddies, use the defensive casting roll I made for the occasion. REF 16 to be dazzled, failure blinds, and if they are actually evil they take 5d4 damage (no save for that). If the closer enemy gets blinded or better yet, takes enough damage to go down or flee, Matheus can take a move away this round and blast the closer enemy with a Storm Burst. If she's only dazzled and wants a fight, Matheus will withdraw, since she can't attack him in that case (no charging in difficult terrain).


ref save 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Pass
ref save 4: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Pass

Both are dazzled.

damage: 5d4 ⇒ (4, 3, 3, 4, 3) = 17 OH COME ON

A blast of shimmering light consumes the two axe-wielders on the ground. Both shut their eyes just in time to avoid being blinded, but it avails them naught. The light feels like needles and knives driving into their skin, and though it leaves no mark, it drains them of life. Within seconds both fall to the debris-filled ground, stone dead.

Yeah, great move GM, totally should have let the druid make her drop her axe. :(


Skinwalker Brawler/5 | HP44/44 | Init +5 | AC20/F17/T14/ | F+5 R+7 W+1 | Perc +10/11 SM +7/8 | Martial Flexibility 5/5

"Looks like I'll need to finish you off quickly so that I can teach your friend some manners. No one threatens my halfling and gets away with it."

brawler's flurry, power attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 2 - 2 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12
brawler's flurry: 1d20 + 11 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 2 - 2 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 4 = 17

Petronia uses her strength and a bit of momentum to wallop the Ulfen woman with two solid fists that feel more like stone than flesh. One crashes into the woman's neck while the other targets her abdomen where many fragile organs reside.


And that will finish her off.


Human Arctic Druid 5| HP: 30/33 | AC: 11 (11 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMD: 14 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +9 | Init: +1/+4 | Perc: +12/+15 SM: +13 |
Active Effects:
Spells: 1st 3+1/4.1, 2nd 3+1/3+1, 3rd 1+1/2+1, Pearl 3/3, Domain 7/7

I guess it's too late to ask for someone to try and take a prisoner, who might introduce us to that local crime lordling? ;^) Any enemy not-quite-all-the-way-dead?


Are you going to call up to the roof and ask them to keep one alive?


Male Halfling Unchained Rogue survivalist 5th lvl | HP 38/38 | AC 20/16F/15T | Fort+4 Ref+9 Will+4 | BAB+3 CMB+2 CMD16 | Per+10 SM+10 | move 20 |Active: evasion/uncanny dodge/edure elements

Don't worry. Looks like Ner is killing this one by the death of a thousand cuts


Skinwalker Brawler/5 | HP44/44 | Init +5 | AC20/F17/T14/ | F+5 R+7 W+1 | Perc +10/11 SM +7/8 | Martial Flexibility 5/5

Although Petronia is going to get involved shortly even if Ner is killing him slowly. There's still no guarantee that she'll listen to Matheus but if he promises being able to hurt the remaining guy to extract information, she may go for it :)

Does she get the -4 penalty for doing nonlethal damage with her fists?


Petronia - yep, unless you have a feat or something that stops it from happening.

Seeing his companions drop around him, Ner's opponent cuts and runs. Ner takes a swipe with his dagger as the man turns around. The halfling opens a long slice along the man's calf, causing him to briefly stumble. If he'd had more rooftop, he might have recovered, but as it was, he was only catching his balance as he tried to jump to the next rooftop. His foot slipped on the slick roof, and he fell crashing to the snowy cobbles behind the building. He painfully began picking himself up, preparing to run for his life.

He ran south, away from the street that Kaz and Matheus are on.

rolls:

AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Human Arctic Druid 5| HP: 30/33 | AC: 11 (11 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMD: 14 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +9 | Init: +1/+4 | Perc: +12/+15 SM: +13 |
Active Effects:
Spells: 1st 3+1/4.1, 2nd 3+1/3+1, 3rd 1+1/2+1, Pearl 3/3, Domain 7/7

"Preparing to run" vs "he ran away"... So did he get away already or is he just about to speed off? I will assume the latter...

Blinking his eyes to clear away the bright glare of his own hasty invocation, Matheus stared at the two robbers lying dead at his feet, sorry that things had gone that far. He saw the last remaining foe fall down from the ceiling, land hard on the alley ravaged by his first spell and didn't feel like trying to stop the man. There had been quite enough killing already, and there was little chance of him running the man down.

"Nasty business," he muttered, murmuring a quick blessing for the departed spirits, then took inventory of his own wounds. Painful, but not in need of immediate care. "How do you all fare? Any of you got hurt?"


Skinwalker Brawler/5 | HP44/44 | Init +5 | AC20/F17/T14/ | F+5 R+7 W+1 | Perc +10/11 SM +7/8 | Martial Flexibility 5/5

acrobatics/jumping tackle DC18 approved by Angie: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Petronia takes off after the fleeing coward and launches herself off the roof in pursuit. She lands on her prey, dragging him down in a bear hug.

improved grapple: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22


Male Halfling Unchained Rogue survivalist 5th lvl | HP 38/38 | AC 20/16F/15T | Fort+4 Ref+9 Will+4 | BAB+3 CMB+2 CMD16 | Per+10 SM+10 | move 20 |Active: evasion/uncanny dodge/edure elements

Ner scoops up his sap and leaps off after Petronia!
acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


rolls:
Kaz will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Fail
Mat will save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 Fail

Petronia and Ner leap off the back of the building after the escaping mugger, and out of Matheus and Kazmir's immediate sight. Almost immediately, the sound of shouts and clangs of armour approached from the west. A moment later, and two of the Stadsvakt came hurrying to the scene of the fight. Levelling spears at the two Pathfinders, they cried, "You! Drop your weapons!"

A few townsfolk were coming back out onto the street, now that the Stadsvakt had arrived. A young man shouted out, "Another three are around the back!"

One of the Stadsvakt threw his head back and let out a long, ululating wail - clearly a signal of some kind.

player knowledge, not PC knowledge:
With everybody's attention fully off the chest, it is dragged from the place where it was cut from Matheus's back, and pulled into an alley between buildings.

Around the back, Petronia wrestles with the tall Ulfen warrior. He is impeded by his injured foot and leg, and with Ner's help, she's able to pin him to ground. A moment later, she hears an eerie, wail coming from the front of the building.

The two groups of you can't see each other.


Skinwalker Brawler/5 | HP44/44 | Init +5 | AC20/F17/T14/ | F+5 R+7 W+1 | Perc +10/11 SM +7/8 | Martial Flexibility 5/5

Petronia hears the odd wail coming from the other side of the building but doesn't let go of the Ulfen who had threatened Ner. In fact, she squeezed all the harder.

Do you want her to continue to roll to maintain grapple?


Male Halfling Unchained Rogue survivalist 5th lvl | HP 38/38 | AC 20/16F/15T | Fort+4 Ref+9 Will+4 | BAB+3 CMB+2 CMD16 | Per+10 SM+10 | move 20 |Active: evasion/uncanny dodge/edure elements

Ner tapped Petronia on the heel twice and pulled back quietly into the nearest shadow, brushing the snow as he went.
stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25


Human Arctic Druid 5| HP: 30/33 | AC: 11 (11 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMD: 14 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +9 | Init: +1/+4 | Perc: +12/+15 SM: +13 |
Active Effects:
Spells: 1st 3+1/4.1, 2nd 3+1/3+1, 3rd 1+1/2+1, Pearl 3/3, Domain 7/7

I believe Matheus only moved 5' from the chest during the whole encounter, and it's smack bang in the middle of difficult territory... the fellow who sneaked in within spitting distance and began dragging a heavy load in a very rough, uneven terrain without anyone hearing anything is quite the master ninja ;^)


Matheus and Kazmir - do you drop your weapons? Though I suppose Matheus isn't holding one. Still - what's his response?


Human Arctic Druid 5| HP: 30/33 | AC: 11 (11 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMD: 14 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +9 | Init: +1/+4 | Perc: +12/+15 SM: +13 |
Active Effects:
Spells: 1st 3+1/4.1, 2nd 3+1/3+1, 3rd 1+1/2+1, Pearl 3/3, Domain 7/7
Angie H wrote:


Petronia and Ner leap off the back of the building after the escaping mugger, and out of Matheus and Kazmir's immediate sight. Almost immediately, the sound of shouts and clangs of armour approached from the west. A moment later, and two of the Stadsvakt came hurrying to the scene of the fight. Levelling spears at the two Pathfinders, they cried, "You! Drop your weapons!"

"Officers! just in time. These ruffians jumped at us - I guess they followed us from the market yonder and decided to make their play here," Matheus replied, clear relief in his voice as he raised his empty hands, incidentally making sure the officers saw the bloody axe-wound on his arm. "We defended ourselves, of course, and unfortunately these people didn't take the opportunity to run for it or throw down their arms when offered the chance."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 As they would say in the new Mad Max movie... "Mediocre!"

The wail that Petronia heard... that come from the direction the mystery chest-dragger happened to flee to? Assuming there even is multiple allyes to choose from over here...


Male M Dwarf Barbarian (Armored Hulk) 5 (HP 49/52 | AC:20 | T:15 | FF:19 | CMB:9 | CMD:21 | Fort:+6| Ref:+2 | Will:+2 | Init:+2| Perc:+5 | Speed 30)

Kazmir is not dropping his weapon (as if!). But he will let Matheus speak


The wail that Petronia heard was the one that the guard made, calling for reinforcements. Sorry that wasn't clear. Sorry also that I've been slow, this fall is kicking my ass.

Petronia, your opponent has stopped struggling for the moment. You can sit on him, or get him to his feet if you like.If you look like you're going to keep hitting him, he'll struggle again.

The guards looked unconvinced. Both twisted to point their spears at Kazmir, who had refused to drop his weapon. "These two shabby looking locals decided to take you on?" The skepticism in his voice was clear. "Why on earth would you two get jumped?"

"Not just them!" the local boy added, "remember there's two round the back! If they haven't run off yet."

You can now notice that the chest is gone.


Skinwalker Brawler/5 | HP44/44 | Init +5 | AC20/F17/T14/ | F+5 R+7 W+1 | Perc +10/11 SM +7/8 | Martial Flexibility 5/5

Yay! It wasn't Petronia's fault! Because dollars to doughnuts, she would have failed her will save

And she'll totally sit on him

Petronia wrangles the Ulfen and sits on him making sure that he doesn't go anywhere. "You shouldn't have threatened the halfling," she says as she shifts her weight and 'accidentally' grinds her heel into his shin. "Now we wait until my friends join us and we creatively question you. To make it fun, I hope you have a high tolerance for pain."


Human Arctic Druid 5| HP: 30/33 | AC: 11 (11 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMD: 14 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +9 | Init: +1/+4 | Perc: +12/+15 SM: +13 |
Active Effects:
Spells: 1st 3+1/4.1, 2nd 3+1/3+1, 3rd 1+1/2+1, Pearl 3/3, Domain 7/7
Angie H wrote:
The guards looked unconvinced. Both twisted to point their spears at Kazmir, who had refused to drop his weapon. "These two shabby looking locals decided to take you on?" The skepticism in his voice was clear. "Why on earth would you two get jumped?"

”Who can tell their motives? We are clearly outsiders, perhaps these lads and lasses thought that would make us good marks – it takes money to travel this far North, and if we had enough for the journey we should have some left to steal. And since we are strangers we might be slow to call to authorities, or at least take a while to figure out where to find you,” Matheus replied. ”Besides, we have this huge ches-“ the druid went on, turning to pat the massive chest he had been carrying all day, only to find it not where he had left it.

”Bones of the earth!” the druid swore, suddenly forgetting the officers as he looked this way and that, trying to figure out where the chest had gone.

Any drag marks on the ground or something? With the group being all ripped up by Matheus’s spell, there should be plenty of signs if someone had dragged it away. Could have carried it, of course, or perhaps magiced it away?


Male Halfling Unchained Rogue survivalist 5th lvl | HP 38/38 | AC 20/16F/15T | Fort+4 Ref+9 Will+4 | BAB+3 CMB+2 CMD16 | Per+10 SM+10 | move 20 |Active: evasion/uncanny dodge/edure elements

Ner hunkered down using whatever natural cover he could find - a bit of trash, a snow drift - with his white wooly sheepskin cloak to do the rest. The best hiders are patient hiders!

251 to 300 of 345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shades of Ice - Brrrrr! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.