Dungeons, Dine-Ins, and Dives: A Modern Fantasy Campaign

Game Master VixieMoondew

A modern campaign with heavy fantasy flavor; our heroes decide to take a break from desk jobs, retail, and food service to take a chance on the original gig economy: becoming adventurers!

SLIDES!
LOOT!


601 to 650 of 779 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan casts Detect Magic and carefully walks/scans the are before walking to the gate. "Good point. I don't think I could carry any more, but for magic.... maybe. Besides, I'll come back for that!"


Consortium Compact Slides

At present, there doesn't seem to be much in here aside from a bunch of rocks and stone pillars, neither of which seems magical anymore.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto joins the search,

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

But not finding much more chucks some large rocks through the portal before dragging out his portion of the ore.


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella will look around...

Perception Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Consortium Compact Slides

There doesn't seem to be much to see here!

So you step through the portal.

The first thing you notice is that, as Edie pulls her tail abruptly through behind her, the portal narrows down swiftly until it blips out of existence. It kind of reminds you of turning off an older TV.

The second is that, although they don't have their sirens on, the police car lights are still flashing, and empty. Klyto's van sits just where he parked it.

You're currently standing in the parking lot, without another person in sight.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Looking around Klyto observes,

You know, I bet they're all waiting for us out side the ritual room. Let's get the ore loaded up and let them know the matter has been addressed.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is glad she didn't lose her tail, that would have hurt!

"I really hope so, and that Chant didn't either decide to pull a practical joke or disintegrated all of them.... ...or both... we barely know anything about this guy."

The tiefling will be glad to get this all off her shoulders.... then remembers something.

"When we went down into the pit, wasn't there another passage past the pit?"

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto continues loading ore.

Yeah, there were some offshoots. Guess we're heading back in.


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan drops off his load of the ore. "Probably should lock the car. The ore is valuable and we don't know how long we'll have to hang out here after we find the police."


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella reaches out with her mind to see if Starwing is within range...


Consortium Compact Slides

Starwing is still, for the moment, missing; this isn't wholly surprising to you, as it's only been a few hours, and it took you about five to get here on the interstate. While Starwing does not have to navigate traffic, the bird's speed is significantly lower than the 65mph you averaged on the trip here-- and if the bird stops for anything, that will of course add to the time.

So, tl;dr: Starwing is not yet present, but you shouldn't be overly concerned about that for another few hours.


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella thinks to herself... It is odd for the cops not leave somebody out here...

Bella will look around...

Perception Roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Consortium Compact Slides

Bella notices that there seems to have been a rush to enter, as some of the gravel has footprints that are indicative of someone running (or at least jogging heavily) toward the mine entrance.


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

"It is odd...they ran into the mine...we should be cautious."

Bella gets ready to go back into the mine.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto closes and locks the van once all the ore is loaded.

Everybody healed up and ready? We found zombies once so expect trouble.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Don't forget your CLoWas and La Cures


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan readies his crossbow, hoping not to use it. "Ready."


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie has an insight.

"Let's be careful. There was a rumbling collapse earlier, they may be trapped or hurt in a section we didn't get into. I hope like hell none of them got hurt -- they may try to hold us responsible even though we're trying to help."

The tiefling is not a priest of her faith, but she offers a quiet moment of thought and prayer before tightening her belt and heading once more into the mines with the rest of the party.

Shei help us to find ourselves and our allies. I have very little left, Help us find them and grant me the strength and wisdom to handle the dangers ahead.

Shei


Consortium Compact Slides

Braced for the worst, the group heads in.

There's nothing out of the ordinary for a bit, and so they follow the path that they were originally led on until they reach the "office" with the apparent leader kobold on the laptop from earlier.

What they find is... interesting.

The first thing the group notices is that there are a lot of boys, girls, and nonbinary folks in blue splayed out on the ground, weapons out (primarily firearms, although there are a few saps and longswords). There are eight in total.

What the group does not notice is any kobolds (aside from one wearing police armor), nor Chant. The kobolds' equipment-- aside from the crates and barrels that were put together in a makeshift desk-- is missing, as well.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

So... where's the chief?


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is concerned!

The tiefling carefully moves around the officers to try and check for pulses and whatnot. The one kobold wearing police armor -- if there had been kobolds on the police force why weren't THEY doing the negotiations?

She looks for any exits as she's checking the apparent victims as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Edited based on GM clarification about what gear was removed


Consortium Compact Slides

Klyto doesn't get any response.

Edie, meanwhile, finds some good news: the officers are all live.

And sleeping, actually.

In the process of checking on folks and making sure they're okay, one of them-- Lt. Alkimen-- blinks himself awake, clicking his tusks as he licks the sleep off of them.

"Uhrgm."

As for exits, there's only the original two: the one they just came in and the one that...

...wait a minute. The one they chased Keeyanchant into before is blocked off with big, heavy rocks.

So there's only one exit: the one they entered from.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

A big confused Klyto follows Edie's example.


Consortium Compact Slides

Alkimen grumbles and pushes himself up to his feet, only looking at Edie for a moment before his head swivels to take in his surroundings.

"Sleep spell," he grumbles, clenching his fist. "Chief went after you guys. Not sure when that happened," he says, jerking his thumb at the blockage, "but it's... wait. How do you not know where she is? You should have passed her coming back."


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is actually less confused.

"We ran into an elf wizard who gave us a teleport out. We took it, but then saw that you had nobody by your vehicles so we came back in looking for you. Were the rocks down when you went to sleep?"

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto looks at the blocked tunnel.

Guess we need the picks again.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

"Anyone got a pipeweed igniter or a match?" I'm thinking that there's another exit here because blocking off the only exit like that doesn't fit what kobolds would do -- they'd have to dig it back out again to get any sort of access." Edie offers as she continues to check on the officers. If they're up, she starts taking a painstakingly slow approach to trying to find something hidden in this room.


Consortium Compact Slides

Alkimen shrugs. "Barely paid attention to that side of the room at the time. Went out to call for backup while Chief scouted ahead, and the 'bolds got feisty when I tried to get back in. Wasn't able to do it until the squad arrived. Last I remember, we were taking 'em into custody so they couldn't interfere with our rescue and then all of a sudden I felt like I was back in the family barracks."

He takes a few steps over and kneels by the kobold officer.

"Oi, Fregna. Got a rock problem for you," he says, shaking her shoulder. She gr-r-rehs as she sits up.

"Can you clear that entrance?" he asks, pointing toward it.

The kobold is on her feet in a flash, toddling over to it and rubbing her scaly mitts together. She holds her hands out and gr-r-rowls a bit more, and the a hole slowly opens in the center, slowly opening wider. Eventually, it's a good-as-new tunnel, and Officer Fregna looks pleased with herself, walking back to the squad (four more officers having been roused).

"Excellent. Fregna, take Baylor with you," says Alkimen, pointing to a rising wolf-headed woman, whose nose twitches. "Find Reynard."

He turns back to the group, as the rest of the officers take it upon themselves to wake the remaining sleepers.

"Elf wizard, huh? Sounds like a suspect. It's not exactly violent, but sleeping police officers is still a crime. Any connection to that issue you were dealing with before you skedaddled?"


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan watches as the kobold opens the passage through the rock pile. "That's useful. But what put you all to sleep? A regular sleep spell doesn't last that long. Usually just long enough to ki... I mean long enough to run away, and hopefully get enough distance so you can't be followed."

"Ah Chant? His body was in stasis below. And somehow his.... soul? was in the documents. He, ah, possessed me, leading us down to his body. Any idea when those legal documents were drawn up? They likely were a subterfuge to get Chant back to his body."

"Hey! Look for kobold tracks. Did they go in? Or did Chant leave and take his.... soldiers away?"


Consortium Compact Slides

Alkimen's brow furrows, and he turns to one of the rising officers-- a gnome with bright, fire engine red hair.

"I'm no spellcrafter myself," he explains. "Handyflask, what's your thoughts?"

The gnome approaches, thumb and finger on their chin. "Tocco di sonno, maybe?" they offer, "but that depends. Touch of sleep in English, I think. That's a fairly advanced spell."

Alkimen sighs. "If he can teleport the lot of you out from somewhere in these mines, he can probably teleport himself far, far away from here. We'll put a BOLO out for him and the 'bolds, but I'm worried he's long gone. Maybe halfway to Canada by now. Maybe all the way to Canada, hell."

"This whole thing smells like the kind of magic I don't like."

He heaves another sigh and gives Keeyan a long, hard look. "You feeling all right, then? Don't have any old elf wizard scraps rattling around in your soul stuff?"

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

I'd guess all the way back. He seemed to know the new Prime Minister.

Follow the tunnel seems to be the only real option at this point.


Consortium Compact Slides

Alkimen snorts. "If a geokineticist and a sniffer like Baylor can't find her, she's gone."

He scratches his chin and then his forehead. "Well, you're welcome to check out the mine some more if you'd like, but if you've got what you came here for, we'll just take some contact info and you can be on your way. I'm sure the Chief will want to talk to you about everything that happened for the report."


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

"This is very odd."


Consortium Compact Slides

"Can't say this is a standard day in the Force, no," says the hobgoblin.


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan shrugs when asked about 'wizard scraps' in his soul. "I hope not! The experience was.... well, interesting is a good word. As in 'May your life be interesting' being considered a powerful curse! As a wizard I could see some positive to the experience. But as a living person, well.... not so much. And I'd prefer to remain this way."

Hearing Belladonna's words Keeyan turns, "Odd? You see something more odd than the day we've already been through?"

"Never mind. Let's see if we can find the chief!" Moving in to the tunnel... and hoping someone else will take the lead.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is disappointed.

"We're here working with your team, and your boss may have come looking for us and/or is trapped with someone who we enabled. It doesn't feel right to step away. It'd be the kind of ass move my inner div is saying to embrace, and that's not the kind of thing to be supporting."

She starts down the corridor. "Dunno 'bout the rest of you, but we should get this done before the mine decides to have another 'accident', intentional or not."

Take 10 Perception of 16, Edie is going to help the Chief and try to find out more about this mystery, hoping that others will come along with.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto takes off after Edie,

Let's find us a chief.


Consortium Compact Slides

Alkimen shrugs. "Just try to catch up with Fregna and Baylor," he recommends. "The rest of the squad is going to be moving on-- we're not a big department and we can't spare the resources-- but I'll stick around up here. Do a little detective work while I wait, maybe, but they don't seem to have left much behind."

With the party hustling down the tunnel, it doesn't take them long to reach where the drop used to be.

They find that what used to be a drop is now a gentle, smooth slope, and the ledges on either side have been deepened to be easier to walk across.

A voice-- probably the smolfren kobold-- comes from down the lower tunnel; sounds like they're a ways ahead already:

"Chief! If you can hear me, head back! If you can't, we're coming to find you!"

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto calls down.

Fregna! Baylor! Alkimen sent us. We're coming to join you!


Consortium Compact Slides

A beat, then:

"Hustle up! We're turning left at the first fork!" calls Fregna back.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is hustling, dangit!

"Moving as quickly as we can while keeping an eye out. This is an old mine." Edie hollers back while trying to keep the hustling but not sprinting pace up, eyes out for hidden dangers.


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan hustles along with the rest, watching along the way for any dangers on the ceiling, walls or floor.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
If there are any I don't think I noticed them!


Consortium Compact Slides

Thankfully, it seems the cops you're chasing have smoothed out any dangers.

It isn't long after taking the left fork, you see the officers ahead of you. They don't stop once you've caught up with them, but are moving at a walking pace as Baylor keeps her nose low.

"I have no idea how far in she got," admits Fregna... then taps her scaly chin as she looks at Edie.

"Do I know you?"

Edie:
She does; Ofc. Fregna is on your Kobold instant messaging/chat service (though you only know her by her screenname, 'BoldInBlue#3715').


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie has a deer-in-the-headlights moment.

One of the blessed things about social media, even in a magically stronger environment, is anonymity.

So when Fregna asks the question Edie uncharacteristically clams up for a few moments and her tail kinda drops limp as she shifts from scaly foot to scaly foot -- almost like a nervous trueblood smolfren.

"Scalygrrl1972" she offers quietly and somewhat nervously in response to Fregna. "You're on my contact list...."

It's not that she's ashamed so much as 'when folks are on a messenger service, they are a virtual collection of themselves, versus their physical presence. In a way, to go deeper into her own belief, it's the best expression of the self.

Edie's normally the 'voice of the restrained party' on media (as much as she is on it). And she's been very careful to not abuse the trust shown by the smolfren on their chats. But this, this is uncomfortable pending the reaction...


Consortium Compact Slides

Fregna's eyes light up (somewhat literally; she claims to be descended from firy dragons). "Ah! Okay! Do you wanna get coffee after this?" she asks as they walk.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is scared!

The tiefling's tail twitches nervously and she glances up and down the tunnel as if expecting some sort of saviour to bail her out -- nope, no such luck -- before responding with a weak smile

"That... that would be awesome. Just be very careful and don't invoke any tropes, okay?" Edie offers, suddenly worried that the officer is going to get smoked by any of a number of things because the way the team's luck has been...

"That's a neat trick you do with the rock." she offers in a lame changing of the subject while trying to keep up.


Consortium Compact Slides

It is at that moment that there is another small earthquake, and a big rock falls onto Fregna, who dies immediately catches it as if it weighed nothing and pushes it back into the wall.

"Thanks!" she says, cracking her digits. "Always wanted to be like Toph growing up, and now I... kind of am?" She shrugs.

Perception DC15:
From further down the tunnel:
"Hellooo?"

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Sounds like someone is up ahead. Fregna, this seems to be your area. Do you want to lead?


Consortium Compact Slides

Fregna swivels to the fellow small friend. "I like to let Baylor lead on these search-and-rescue missions," she admits, "on account of her heckin' good snoofer!"

"Please don't," replies Baylor.

The party progresses further into the mines, until they find what they're looking for.

Chief Renard sits on the ground, looking in your direction, surrounded by small, floating orbs of light. A big, heavy rock sits right behind her.

"Just the civilians I was looking for," she says, a vulpine grin across her face. "Fregna, if you could get this thing off my tail?"

The kobold doesn't waste any time, moving forward and carefully getting a feel for the stone before lifting it, slowly and gently, and pushing it into the wall.

The tail doesn't... look particularly good. It looks, decidedly, flat, with a breakage or two.

Renard hisses as she stands up and leans on the wall.


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Seeing the Chief's.... damaged tail, Keeyan digs in his belt pouch for a second, then comes forward holding a small bottle. "That looks like it might hurt. I can spare a bottle of LaCure, if you want?"

601 to 650 of 779 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeons, Drive-Ins and Dives Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.