Dungeons, Dine-Ins, and Dives: A Modern Fantasy Campaign

Game Master VixieMoondew

A modern campaign with heavy fantasy flavor; our heroes decide to take a break from desk jobs, retail, and food service to take a chance on the original gig economy: becoming adventurers!

SLIDES!
LOOT!


551 to 600 of 786 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan stares at the box, absolutely silent for a moment. His head bows forward as his jaw clenches.... Slowly he turns his gaze to Bella, then his face changes to a huge grin. "Friends! And I haven't had a friend in centuries. Give me a moment to recover. I was merely having a jest, albeit at your expense.... I ask a sacrifice, but voluntarily and just a token to help me remember you all."

"Other than that.... Please find a comfortable place, to sit. The ritual will take some time."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

If a token is all you ask then here

Klyto digs in his pack for a moment.

It may not be my best piece, but it was of great use in correcting Edie's armor.

Klyto offers one of his armor smithing hammers.


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan accepts the hammer with a nod. "A token was asked. You have given something of yourself. I accept this gladly. Thank you!"

"If there is nothing more? I'll get started."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie takes a few moments to doff the chestplate, armguards, and fittings to the top part of her armor, and pulls off... a dark blood and sweat-soaked t-shirt.

On the front of it is a smiling brass dragon's head portrait with the legendry 'R'gaphael For President! Dragons Save Money!' on the front of it and 'R'gaphael 2020' on the back of it, with holes gently formed into it for wings.

"Guess I'm giving you the shirt off my back, but given that he's more than likely responsible for bringing you back, he should be represented..." Edie mumbles as she slowly starts putting her armor back on, carefully minding pinching parts.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Edie, you look like you could use a refreshing beverage. I have some if you left yours up top.

Klyto offers as he begins searching the cavern for ore and mineral veins.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan appears, almost stunned by Edie's offer. He accepts, then notices the words on the shirt and starts laughing. "Edie. This token is exceptional. Truly something of yourself in multiple ways. Thank you!"


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is Spent.

The tiefling takes the offered healing drink with some murmured muffled thanks, pausing to try and belt together more of her armor, then pausing to drink until Keeyan starts laughing.

"I gotcha to laugh. You're welcome." she offers with a weary tone.


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella sighs,"I really did not bring anything that important to me...I mean this is a cave and such...I guess you could have this ring...I library just brought it on Monday..."

She hands him a silver ring with a small fake onyx stone set in it.


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan stares at the ring, slowly reaching to accept it. "Onyx. I mean, thank you. Thank you all. Our time together has been short, but meaningful. These are incredible tokens. I will remember."

"Now it's time. Get comfortable please. This could take some time."


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella will watch the ritual carefully to make sure everything is as it seems.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto pulls out a pad and begins sketching. He starts with some knife designs and as the ritual goes on moves on to larger weapons before restarting with specific areas of a suit of armor and an illustration of the complete suit as time wears on.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie has a fey mood!

Inspired by Klyto's pad and sketching, Edie remembers she has a Sharpie (!) in her bag and pulls out a few of pieces of paper. She doesn't know why she didn't remember it earlier when the party was trying to leave messages and what not.

On the first one she writes RITUAL IN PROGRESS! Silence please! Be right with you. :) On the second and third one she writes We're all safe, things took unexpected turn, we should have this resolved for you soon. Please stand by.

She then walks the paperwork to the entrance of the room and posts them in case the sheriff and the deputies show up -- last thing with rituals and magic is someone showing up at the wrong point and making things go sideways, after all!


Consortium Compact Slides

Keeyan moves just in front of the box/coffin/pod/thing and sits cross-legged in front of it.

He breathes in deep, and when he exhales, his breath pushes him off of the cavern floor, where he floats, suspended in mid-air.

Nothing else happens for... a while. It would be hard to tell exactly how long, if you didn't all probably have cell phones-- as it stands, it's almost twenty minutes before a low, dull drone begins to come from Keeyan's throat.

The ore that makes up the box begins to shift and move, and toward the top, a hole forms, revealing the form of what must be Chant's body.

Chant has the look of an elf that has been old for decades now, and likely was considered attractive in his youth. His body rests as if asleep, but his skin is almost paler than any elf's you've ever seen (even Bella).

It's a while before anything else happens... but rather suddenly, the whole cavern shakes. Anyone standing is knocked off their feet, and the room fills with a bright blue glow.

Once you come to your senses, you see the glow is coming from just above Keeyan's head; the sylph seems to be gracefully approaching the floor once more, while the light moves toward Chant's body.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is embarrassed!

Drinking LaCure: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 2 = 5 Edie takes two glugs

The tiefling woman had been 'standing guard' over the ritual, watching the entrance to the chamber warily to ensure that there were no disruptions -- it would have been bad if the spirit-gunk coming out of Keeyan broke or something.

Unfortunately, when the cavern shakes that means she's knocked on her tail, which causes a yelp of surprise and pain, followed by another yelp as she bashes her winglets trying to recover her footing, clawed feet and hands scrabbling at the ground.

For the ritual proper
K: Arcana/Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Add another '1' to this if it is religious in nature

For the seismic disruption
K: Arcana/Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Add another '1' to this if it is religious in nature

For anything unusual that may have been revealed during the upheaval
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Consortium Compact Slides

Edie's K. Arcana:
Edie doesn't know the specifics here, but having a fairly decent grasp of arcana in general, she knows the following:
1. This ritual moves a soul into a body or vessel.
2. Keeyan will likely be exhausted afterwards-- but not dangerously so.
3. This is not the basic ending of a garden-variety possession or magic jar spell... but is likely in the same category.

Overall, you don't know quite enough to tell whether this is suspicious or not, but what you are certain of is about how you would have expected this sort of spell to operate.

Edie doesn't see anything unusual after the shaking, aside from that which one would expect from this-- the rocks on the floor have moved slightly, for example, and her signs have fallen onto the ground (text facing upwards, handily enough).

Will move forward once Bella either posts or expresses disinterest in doing so :P


Consortium Compact Slides

The glowing light slowly moves across the space; as it approaches Chant's chest, the ore moves to the sides to make a hole for it to float through.

It fades into Chant's chest, and he slowly opens his eyes.

Meanwhile...

Keeyan, can you roll me a Fortitude save? Keep in mind you have your Hearty Breakfast perk, so take a +1 on that!


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Yay! That doubles my bonus!

Fort save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Consortium Compact Slides

Solid!

Keeyan feels as if half of his energy is gone... but quickly finds that, rather than this, it is as if the extra has departed, and his own soul has room to spread out in his body.

Though a bit tired and stiff, it isn't going to affect his stats!

The ore in the front of the casket parts entirely, and Chant steps out.

He wears an elaborate robe of sky blues and grassy greens, layered yet seeming quite light. Three objects hang from a loop in his belt: a hammer, a ring, and a folded fabric envelope.

He casts his eyes over the group and offers a smile.

"My gratitude, new friends!" says the elderly elf, warmly. Amusedly? It is, as ever, hard to tell how serious he is.

He begins to pace the room, slowly at first, though his rate quickly turns into something of a powerwalk as he tests his legs for the first time in two centuries.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Welcome to the modern world. A lot has changed.


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

"The important stuff is still similar. Magic still...." Keeyan glances at his cell phone, then shrugs with a grin, "Well, actually I guess things have changed. But the old ways probably still work the same!"


Consortium Compact Slides

Chant looms over the lot of you-- taller, even, than Bella, now that you can see him standing at full height. He leans and peers down at Keeyan's phone.

"Might I inspect this?" he asks.


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella says to Keeyan,"The old ways work just fine. Just because some evil cell phone app decided to make money on it does not effect the old flows of magic."


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie has a Concern!

"Okay, hang on just a second there, Mister Chant. Not to be mean or rude, but you've been out of the loop for a while. We've had some pandemics and whatnot since you decided to do this course of action -- why did you do this, anyways? -- and there's a danger that we may have been exposed to illnesses or vice-versa that you may or may not have been."

She pauses for a moment to let that sink in.

"We've had a couple of global wars since that time, too, and all sorts of nasty things were released and even used as weapons during them. It wouldn't do to have you revived and all only to get sick and die of say, chicken pox or pneumonia, right?"


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan hesitates just a moment. His phone was his spell focus, and.... Then grins and shows it to Chant. "Sure. Don't know what you could see while we were 'sharing' my grey matter. The apps let me focus to cast my spells. It still requires training and the ability to control magical energies. Most people can't handle it, and some are even scared of it.... Silly I know, but." Shrug

When Edie voices her concern Keeyan pulls back, "She's right you know. Unless you have some natural immunity just touching anybody, or anything they've touched could infect you. And magic to cure diseases can get pretty expensive!"


Consortium Compact Slides

Chant reaches out to take it, clearly curious, and his face falls when Keeyan pulls away.

"Ah, yes, very well, then," he says with a sigh. "I have not been keeping up with the science! I leave that to the dwarves, generally."

"Global wars? Heavens-- which globe won?"

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

It was just the one world fighting among itself. So... I guess the world won?


Consortium Compact Slides

”The world was the victor, then, of course, but I’m afraid it lost in equal measure,” posits Chant, ”as with any civil war.”

”I am certain that we all learned an important lesson, then! It will be many years before a second global war occurs, I am certain.”

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

About that...


Consortium Compact Slides

”Ah.”


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

"But since the Second one we have been good in not having anymore World Wars."


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie has a sad, and some curiosity

"In part because they made an arcanobomb that can level a city and destroy the landscape for miles around. It is what ended the Second World War, which caused the last combatant to surrender after it was used twice." Edie says soberly with a bit of a frown.

"So why did you decide to do this, anyways? Were you trying to build up a cash reserve by compounding interest or was it more 'someone's really getting too close to my personal space and I like my privacy'?"


Consortium Compact Slides

Chant purses his lips and raises his eyebrows nearly into his white-blond hairline. "Sobering!"

Edith 'Edie' Squire wrote:
"So why did you decide to do this, anyways? Were you trying to build up a cash reserve by compounding interest or was it more 'someone's really getting too close to my personal space and I like my privacy'?"

"That is an interesting question, isn't it?" he asks. He looks suddenly rather... severe, for a split second, and the image of a powerful elven wizard with the power of the elements at his beck and call hits your subconscious with all the uncomfortable suddenness of an unexpected RickRoll before YouTube had ads to dampen the effect.

Just as soon as it's there, however, his face returns to its usual mischievous smirk.

"Truth be told, I must be on my way now," he states, clearing his throat. "But as you have been so kind, I will not leave you here! Now, is there anywhere you have been in the past twelve hours you would like to return to?"

He spreads his arms, and a purple, transparent globe appears in front of him; on one side, a very small clock appears, flickering on a small part near the coast of North America as the hands on it spin.


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan stares at the globe, clearly intrigued by the magic. "Well, thanks really for the offer. But actually we came here to do a little mining. But there is a dispute over who owns the mine. See the country above is the United States of America, but there are some kobolds that say they have a contract giving mining rights here to Canada. The U.S. and Canada are allies, but the paperwork looked a bit, well, not right. And reviewing that paperwork is how I, I mean we, met you. I guess we really need to head back up and try again to straighten this out...."

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Honestly, I came to do a bit of prospecting, maybe some mining if I could find some adamantine or mithral. As I mentioned I'm a smith by trade, armor primarily but knives are always popular. Some quality star metal would be a boon for me.


Consortium Compact Slides

Chant ponders a moment, then snaps his fingers. "I see-- but mining takes ages, does it not? The kobolds above are R'gaphael's people. I should be able to clear that up quite quickly. After that, however, I really ought be going to... wherever it was, to have a word with him."

"Here-- this will last for three hours," he says, pointing toward a column. What is unmistakably a portal appears there, showing the parking lot up ahead. "You can exit at any point you like, but note that it will close behind you."

Klyto's van is within view.

As are at least 4 squad cars with their lights flashing.

"...Is that normal?" asks Chant. "I am not used to lights that flash so."

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

A full mining operation would be incredibly time consuming. I'm just hoping to find a decent seam. I only need around 50 lbs of material for my entire project.

The lights are... not uncommon. The sheriff may be concerned about how long we've been down here.


Consortium Compact Slides

Chant nods, and shrugs. "I shall see what I can do. Take what you can find, and head through the portal-- remember, three hours!"

With that, he snaps his fingers once more, and is gone.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto sets an alarm for 2 1/2 hours and begins searching for for some viable ore.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Consortium Compact Slides

For reference, you needed to roll a 1 or higher...

Klyto sees what appears to be a large container made entirely out of adamantine ore!


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella kind just sits there takes a apple and enjoys a small meal.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

We have a heap of rubble that fits the bill for what I was looking for. Anyone want to keep exploring or should we go talk to the sheriff?


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is ready to move along

"I'm willing to help drag out a lot more than what you need for your project, that metal is not cheap by any means and who knows what you could craft with extra reserves. The bigger problem will be extracting it -- you don't have an adamantine pick, do you? Or a diamond one?"


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella looks up and pauses,"Up to you. Honestly I came for the adventure...and to see how we work as a team. On that last part we need to have a talk later." she does not look in Edie's direction when she says the last part,"The mining part I really have no idea on anything. It is up to you. We have the rest of the day if you want."

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Nope, but the trick is the same as it's been for centuries. You remove everything else and what you have left is the prize. Honestly though, I'm hoping to get this smelted down a bit and swap it for some mithral ingots. A full suit of adamantine armor either ends up too heavy for any of us to use or too light to really take advantage of its hardness. Depending on how much we get there could be shiny armor in everyone's future.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is in agreement!

"Oh, that's why I'm offering to help drag it. Helps pay off the masterwork you did on the horn and sweat equity in a shiny metal set down the road.."


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella says,"Armor interferes with my spellcasting...though there are some elves who are said to be able cast in mithrel...I really have never worn anything heavier than a winter coat. But if this is enough we can leave."


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan looks around while everyone is talking. After having had another consciousness in his head for even a short time it almost feels like his own thoughts echo in the space....

"Yeah. Metal armor or anything bulky interferes with my magic. I remember the first time I tried to cast a spell with heavy gloves on. Burnt the tips of the fingers off.... But I'll help carry the ore out. I've heard that's valuable stuff. And if there's any left after you've made your armor, well, I could use some money for better apps, or maybe even a wand if there's enough!"

"If not, this adventure has been.... Well, some of it was fun. My head seems kind of empty now though. Might take some getting used to again."


Consortium Compact Slides

With their course decided, Klyto gets to work.

After a few tries, the group discovers that there's no way that they're going to simply pick up the box and leave with it-- not unless Edie can clone herself and all of those clones can get real mad, anyway-- so the task becomes breaking it up into workable chunks.

With time limited and not a lot of access to places to rest or cold water to drink, Klyto goes at it hard, finding places to work his pick into the stone and create wedges that, with a little work, separate by weight.

Eventually, the two-and-a-half hour timer goes off, and while there's still some adamantine left that could use picking, there isn't a lot of time to deal with it.

Backpacks and pouches loaded with ore, and arms laden similarly, the group is ready to step through the portal--

--unless they're not! I don't want to assume.

Let me know if anyone wants to do anything before you head out. If not, feel free to step through the portal; no surprises there, but Edie, watch your tail!


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Struggling with a pack heavier than he'd ever carried before Keeyan is mostly happy when the alarm sounds. "Time to go! We don't want to have to carry this up the long way.... If we have to we can try to return."


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie wonders what the team missed...

"Everyone take one last quick look to make sure we haven't missed anything important then get the heck out of here."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

...she sees nothing, of course.

551 to 600 of 786 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeons, Drive-Ins and Dives Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.