[SFS-GM Skeemo] 1-07 The Solar Sortie (Inactive)

Game Master Christopher Wasko

Maps and Slides


1 to 50 of 212 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

A small, barely furnished waiting room stands outside an automated door emblazoned with text reading "ARCHIVES CORTEX." A small red light glows over the door.

Introduce yourselves here.

Wayfinders

Lashtuna Envoy 4 | SP:24/24 | HP:28/28 | RP 5/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16| F +2 R +6 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Ammo 4/6 attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=hutchket rifle]d20+5; d10+4
Buffs-Debuffs:

A handsome, slender, and tall lashunta walks into the room with a good amount of grace and pomp and circumstance. Seeing how he is the first one there, one would think he would drop the act, but for Mustachio Marino, the acting never ends.

"Captain Mustachio Marino, leading man, mega super star television action hero of Star Rangers Ultra Paradox, is once again on the case. Will he lead yet another Starfinder team to success? I think we all know the answer to that."

Dataphiles

Male CG Ysoki Roboticist Mechanic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Memory Module 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

A small ysoki wearing microscopic vision googles is tinkering with a rifle in the corner with utmost concentration. Upon hearing the new entrant, he raises his googles and looks over...

"Mustachio huh? I had a friend tell me a really disgusting story from one of his adventures once.... I seem to remember something about a toothbrush. But I'm sure that was about a man called Mustazio so it must have been someone else. You do seem to match the description though.... Maybe you're related?"

Wayfinders

Lashtuna Envoy 4 | SP:24/24 | HP:28/28 | RP 5/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16| F +2 R +6 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Ammo 4/6 attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=hutchket rifle]d20+5; d10+4
Buffs-Debuffs:

"Ahem... ah... toothbrush toothbrush toothbrush... No, it doesn't ring a bell... Dr. Mustazio Mazino, of course, is well known to all on Absalom Station. If we run into any needs requiring medical attention, I'm sure that premier-gumshoe-doctor-who-kicks-ass-and-chews-bubblegum will make an appearance...."

Hi Twik!

Wayfinders

Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +10; +3 vs. fear effects Defensive Abilities evasion, uncanny agility; Resist cold 5, fire 5, sonic 4 Halfling Operative EAC 27; KAC 28 initiative +9 SP 31/72 HP 50 RP 7/10 chronicles

There is a small note stuck to a small chair

Reserved for Gordon Bleu Chef extraordinaire

Dataphiles

Male Kasatha Space Pirate Operative/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort 0/Ref +5/Will +4 | Init +4 | Perception +6 | Speed: 30ft

Through the doors enter well dressed, medium hight Kasatha. He is wearing pants and tunic of dark red with elements of purple colors. The attire contain an emblem of a four-arm dragon holding different objects. He carries a bag on his arm that he lays down on one of the chairs. In his hand, you can see a fashionable cane in the same colors as his clothing. Kasatha does not seem to need a cane so it seems to be part of the attire.

Glancing at the aliens gathered so far he walks with certainty and charisma looking at Lashunta and Ysoki:
"Good morning to you Sirs! My name is Catsial Drun and I work for House Khadil acquiring goods that are of interest to them. As this is my first business arrangement with Starfinder Society I am thrilled to meet you."

If you know about Kasatha Houses and recall their emblem, or if you care enough to look for it:

The four-arm dragon is an emblem of House Khadil and it holds a skull, sword, scroll and a scepter. This house is interested in knowledge related to dragons and dragon-like aliens and has a collection of goods and information related to them.

You can see that even that Catsial has his mouth hidden in a customary Kasatha way, his eyes are smiling to you. He does not seem to have any weapon unless it is hidden in his bag.

Wayfinders

Lashtuna Envoy 4 | SP:24/24 | HP:28/28 | RP 5/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16| F +2 R +6 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Ammo 4/6 attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=hutchket rifle]d20+5; d10+4
Buffs-Debuffs:

"Good morning to you, sir. How nice it is for you to meet me! Of course, it is me, Mustachio Marino. I'm sure you have seen me as Billy the Red Ranger, star of Space Rangers Ultra Paradox."

Mustachio holds out both hands to shake two of Catsial's hands.

Dataphiles

Male Kasatha Space Pirate Operative/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort 0/Ref +5/Will +4 | Init +4 | Perception +6 | Speed: 30ft

Catsial shake Marinos hands while patting him on his arm with his third hand.

"Of course, Mustachio Marino. I did hear of you, of course. I can see now that at least some of what I heard is true."

After a moment of awkward silence adds quickly: "I like your sense of fashion. But let me meet with other agents Mr. Marino."

Kasatha walks toward Ysoki and raises his hand: "Are you as an honorable guest as Mustachio over there?"

Dataphiles

Male CG Ysoki Roboticist Mechanic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Memory Module 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Fixit lifts his goggles again and puts down his rifle with a small sigh...

"Greetings. Not everyone can be as famous as our good Star Ranger here. Everyone calls me "Fixit" cos that's what I do."

Exo-Guardians

CN Male Ysoki Soldier 3 |SP 21/21 HP 23/23|RP 4/5 |EAC 18 KAC 21|Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +3| Init +6 |Per+0 Speed 25

An overly muscular Ysoki wearing a black tanktop and carrying a reaction cannon and several ammo cans stalks into the room. He eyes everyone up and down, his beady eyes narrowing as he assesses them. He pushes past Mustachio and Relij without a word.

"They keep hiring these wannabe celebs and suit. Betta not get in the way," he grumbles under his breath, loudly enough for both of them to hear.

He gives a respectful nod to Fixit before finding a corner of his own to lay out his stuff and begin tinkering. He puts together a small round object and wraps it up in paper before slipping it into his cheek pouch, then begins cleaning the reaction cannon and loading magazine, carefully holding each round up to the light before snapping into the clip.

Buster responds to Fixit's introduction with a sharp laugh, "Ha! That's good. People call me Busta'. Cause dat's what I do. To people's faces."

Wayfinders

Lashtuna Envoy 4 | SP:24/24 | HP:28/28 | RP 5/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16| F +2 R +6 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Ammo 4/6 attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=hutchket rifle]d20+5; d10+4
Buffs-Debuffs:

"Ah, well every group needs a heavy, am I right, Mr. Busta'? And every group needs a person to slick the wheels of diplomacy, and as such, you are lucky to have me, Mustachio Marino. Perhaps you saw how I won over the Undead Lover of Eox without doing anything but performing wonderful massages, in one of my most famous films, "Undead Lover of Eox", starring myself, as Bruno the Masseuse?"

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 5/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

From around the corner comes a skittering of small feet, a series of small clanks as if something metallic was dropped, a pause, then more skittering. A brown ysoki rounds the corner, half skidding in his turn, then he straightens out and barrels into the room. He stops in seven staggered steps and looks around breathlessly. He kind of collapses against the wall.

"Did I beat the VC? You ain't late if you beat the VC." After several panting breaths to recover, he draws himself straight up, smooths his robe-like business wear over his skin tight body armor. One paw strokes an outsize ear from back to front.

"I'm Ears. Pleased to meet you all."


Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

With a click, the red light over the door flashes to green, and the door opens. The efficient hum of machinery fills the Archive’s Cortex. Projected images and text flit across multiple screens positioned around a raised swivel chair occupied by Historia-7, leader of the Dataphiles. Historia-7 swipes a finger to clear the feed and speaks without preamble. Portrait in slides.

“My sources indicate that you are the most efficient and capable team the Starfinder Society currently has for my mission. I sincerely hope you do not prove this claim erroneous. I recently detected a discrepancy in the Society’s data logs. As you may be aware, my primary objective has been decoding information regarding the Scoured Stars incident. Before the incident, my predecessor, Historia-6, and other Society members extensively investigated several corporations as well as the Scoured Stars system. Much of their knowledge was lost to us. A recent ally, a skilled hacker named Ceren, uncovered multiple data links from what remains of my predecessor’s research leading back to a corporation known as the Arch Energy Consortium. When I compared these findings to our records, I found no mention of this corporation, and all data related to Arch Energy Consortium was somehow deleted from our records. My worst-case scenario is being realized: our data has been tampered with.”

Historia-7 unhooks the neural cables from her neck and massages the attachment sites. “I require additional information about this corporation. Arch Energy’s CEO, Ilia Tamm, has enough security resources and paranoia at her disposal to make a direct infiltration inadvisable. The weak link in this proverbial firewall is her son, Envar Tamm. His proclivities make him very suggestible, and I hypothesize that resourceful individuals could convince him to provide the information I seek."

“Envar routinely attends gladiatorial fights on Arch Energy’s corporate space station, Brilliance. It will take you some time to reach Brilliance from here. During your journey, I want you to create false identities. Meanwhile, I’ll make sure that you’re entered into one of these gladiatorial matches as contestants. From there, you’ll need to get Envar to grant you access to his mother’s computer records. Acquire any data related to the corporation’s board of directors. Above all, this mission demands subtlety, as Envar has quite the media presence.”

Wayfinders

Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +10; +3 vs. fear effects Defensive Abilities evasion, uncanny agility; Resist cold 5, fire 5, sonic 4 Halfling Operative EAC 27; KAC 28 initiative +9 SP 31/72 HP 50 RP 7/10 chronicles

A halfling man in a chefs white shirt joins the group As the door slides open and joins the party

Gladitorial matches? What kind of gladiatorial Matches? I am a chef not a gladiator. Are we meant to be part of Arch energy Consortium? or do these gladiatorial contests attract outsiders?"

dice rolls:

As a corporate agent he will offer some insights into Arch Energy Consortium and their rivals
culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Although with that roll probably not much more than has already been said

Wayfinders

Lashtuna Envoy 4 | SP:24/24 | HP:28/28 | RP 5/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16| F +2 R +6 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Ammo 4/6 attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=hutchket rifle]d20+5; d10+4
Buffs-Debuffs:

”False identities? Oh my. OH MY. You were right to call in Mustachio Marino. For I am a..... actor!!!!“ He raises his hands into the air, before growing silent and introspective, considering what role he should assume this time.


Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

Gordon recalls that Arch Energy is a minor subsidiary of Resurgent Technologies, which is a larger Aballon-based corporation. Some analyes of Arch Energy’s finances suggest its CEO wants to keep it that way. Ilia Tamm has made multiple business decisions over past fiscal cycles that stunt company growth, leading the halfling to conclude that the company is a front—for what, exactly, he doesn’t know. He also is unsure if Resurgent Technologies is unaware of this.

"An actor." Historia-7 interjects dispassionately. "I imagine the type of gladiatorial match wherein you'll have to best some exotic beast or captured alien in mortal combat. I recommend you polish up your fighting skills if you're going to pose as a gladiator, otherwise your cover IDs might not hold water with security. You won't be members of Arch Energy, rather visiting pit fighters; it was the most common visiting professional I could find that may match your general appearance without drawing too much undo attention. It'll also provide a quick way to get in contact with Envar. He's your main target for access to Ilia's computers."

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 5/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

"We're entered into the matches? Singly or as a team? "

"How extensive do these false identities need to be?"


Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

"You'll be able to register as a group, to my knowledge. And the better your cover IDs, the less likely you are to get caught by security, so I'd lean toward more extensive rather than less."

At this time you may slot your boons. Relevant boons are listed in the original post in the Discussion thread.

Dataphiles

Male Kasatha Space Pirate Operative/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort 0/Ref +5/Will +4 | Init +4 | Perception +6 | Speed: 30ft

Catsial bows to Historia-7: "It is a pleasure to meet you. I've read a lot good about you."

"So you want us to fly to Brilliance, enter a fighting pit and win in such a manner that we would get close to Envar. After that use that relation to get all the information that we can about Ilia and Arch Energy. Got it."

After thinking about it:
"Does Envar have his preferences regarding gladiators? Does he prefer finesse or brutal strength? We probably should make a show of it. The fight part should be easy, we just need to send that handsome young Ysoki towards whatever threat awaits us and collect the parts. Hahaha"

Catsial points at Busta while saying that and laughs from the picture in his head. After few seconds continuous:

"Well that reminded me, before the briefing I got some very important news that would prevent me from joining you on that mission. But given the tasks at hand, I think my skill set would be far from ideal."

He makes a few steps towards the door: "However I have a colleague that is a consultant for 'Relij acquisition strategies' that can replace me. He is a privateer, experience in space combat and more inclined to enter a pit as a gladiator. He is called a Spider, I will introduce you to him on a docking bay."

Dataphiles

Male CG Ysoki Roboticist Mechanic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Memory Module 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

”Seems straight forward enough on the surface.... but likely to be a deadly mire underneath as all such missions for the Society turn out to be. Still, should be fun. Let’s get to it!”

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 5/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Bouncing from foot to foot, Ears looks enviously at Catsial. I wish I'd been that quick. Maybe I could say I've got a dental appointment.

"Do we get our own ship, or are we on commercial transport?"

Exo-Guardians

CN Male Ysoki Soldier 3 |SP 21/21 HP 23/23|RP 4/5 |EAC 18 KAC 21|Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +3| Init +6 |Per+0 Speed 25

Seeing another Ysoki enter the room, Buster whispers to him conspiratorially. "We Ysoki gotta look out fer each other. The universe is fulla big louts looking t' stomp us down. Anyone gives ya any trouble, let me know, 'kay?"

Buster grumbles in response to the mission. "Another mission where we gotta play dress up and babysit some gooba'? I was hoping for somethin' a bit more straight forward this time. I ain't good at sulking around and playin' pretend." Buster grunts while swinging a silvery headed hammer around as if testing its weight. He holds the hammer up to the light, carefully examining it, then nods and slings it back onto his belt. "Though do I like the sound of fightin' in the gladiator pits."

"We got three Ysokis here. Maybe we should pass ourselves off as 'The Razor Rats' or something."

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lashtuna Envoy 4 | SP:24/24 | HP:28/28 | RP 5/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16| F +2 R +6 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Ammo 4/6 attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=hutchket rifle]d20+5; d10+4
Buffs-Debuffs:

"I can be the Piped Piper, and you ysokis can be my crew. I can fake play a flute or some such, and my rats shall fall upon the enemy! Spider can... I do not know... We need to meet him first."

Dataphiles

Male Kasatha Space Pirate Operative/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort 0/Ref +5/Will +4 | Init +4 | Perception +6 | Speed: 30ft

Catsial burst into laughter on the idea of Piped Piper walks toward the Mustachio pat him on the back and says:

"I would pay a lot of money to see that happen. And what would Gordon do? Pour sauce on the pour souls challenging the Piped Piper?"

Wayfinders

Lashtuna Envoy 4 | SP:24/24 | HP:28/28 | RP 5/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16| F +2 R +6 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Ammo 4/6 attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=hutchket rifle]d20+5; d10+4
Buffs-Debuffs:

"Hmmm... Well Gordon is no ysoki, but he's short enough to fake it with a costume. What do you think, friend Gordon? Could you be a rat in my crew?"


Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |
Relij wrote:
"Does Envar have his preferences regarding gladiators? Does he prefer finesse or brutal strength? We probably should make a show of it. The fight part should be easy, we just need to send that handsome young Ysoki towards whatever threat awaits us and collect the parts. Hahaha"

"To my knowledge, Envar has no preferences. He simply delights in the thrill of the fight. I'm guessing anything you can do to grab his attention would be valuable for greasing the wheels."

Ears wrote:
"Do we get our own ship, or are we on commercial transport?"

"My records show you have a Drake class starship set aside for your assignment. Use it carefully, we don't want to draw too much attention to ourselves."

Culture (recall knowledge) or Diplomacy (gather information) related to Envar Tamm, 10+:
Envar Tamm is Arch Energy CEO Ilia Tamm’s only child. He is chief procurement officer of the Arch Energy Consortium, a corporation that manufactures and distributes solar batteries. Envar is a minor celebrity who relies on his money and connections rather than actual talent to remain in the spotlight. He dislikes being bored and seeks the company of exotic or famous individuals.

Culture (recall knowledge) or Diplomacy (gather information) related to Envar Tamm, 15+:
Envar owes his position within the company entirely to nepotism, and while he has an elevated level of security clearance and a matching salary, his mother employs a host of assistants to limit his influence on the corporation—and her bank account. On Brilliance, however, Envar usually travels unsupervised. Ilia Tamm and her public-relations team try to cover up Envar’s addiction to transdimensional pesh, but leaked videos of Envar’s drug-fueled antics occasionally slip through the cracks. One of the more popular videos depicts Envar nearly crashing a solar yacht in an attempt to impress the shirren icon Magisterial Chef Ghornak Ryzcech during his visit to Brilliance.

Culture (recall knowledge) or Diplomacy (gather information) related to Envar Tamm, 20+:
Envar owes a substantial amount of credits to the ysoki gangster Razor, the leader of a crime organization funded largely by the drug trade. Razor is known for her brutal methods of extracting credits from those reluctant to pay. Razor often uses gladiatorial matches to recruit hired muscle, and she plans to attend the event on Brilliance. She intends to collect Envar’s debt after the fight.

Drift travel: 1d6 ⇒ 6

It takes just shy of a week to reach Brilliance on your Drake. En route, you begin working on your cover IDs. You may each attempt a Computers check to create a false identity or a Disguise check to alter your appearance, and you can use equipment or spells to bolster their deception. Rather than attempting a skill check yourself, you can get another PC to perform the check for you; a PC attempting a check for another PC in this manner can use either skill, but he takes a cumulative –2 penalty to the check for each additional PC he attempts the skill check for. Each PC can use only one such check, either one he attempts or one attempted by another PC. Post your results along with some description/flavor here once you've slotted your boons in Discussion.

Wayfinders

Lashtuna Envoy 4 | SP:24/24 | HP:28/28 | RP 5/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16| F +2 R +6 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Ammo 4/6 attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=hutchket rifle]d20+5; d10+4
Buffs-Debuffs:

Mustachio has a +12 in disguise, so I am happy to disguise a couple of people at least. More than that, the roll might not be too good but in any case, just let me know.

"Piped Piper... Piped Piper... What would he wear? A big green hat, of course, with a feather. A flute. I could make one out of cardboard, perhaps. Green tights. Oh yes. Definitely. Who doesn't like wearing tights?"

disguise: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

"Everyone, give me your ideas, keep em coming. Happy to help, happy to help. As you all know, I did the wardrobe and makeup for "The Dandy Goes to the Ball" I'm sure you've seen it. No? What, really? Well, we are stuck on this ship, let me see if I can dig up a vidchip from my quarters..."

that roll though, lmao

Dataphiles

Male CG Ysoki Roboticist Mechanic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Memory Module 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Fixit stands off and considers what he knows about their mark...

Culture (Recall Knowledge): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20.

Once aboard, the works with the ship's computer to produce a suitable disguise.

Computers (T10): 10 + 15 = 25

Fixit is happy to help out anyone else if they want

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 5/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3
Buster Blitz wrote:

Seeing another Ysoki enter the room, Buster whispers to him conspiratorially. "We Ysoki gotta look out fer each other. The universe is fulla big louts looking t' stomp us down. Anyone gives ya any trouble, let me know, 'kay?"

"Absolutely. Fur is warmer than skin."

Buster Blitz wrote:


"We got three Ysokis here. Maybe we should pass ourselves off as 'The Razor Rats' or something."

"Let's not play to prejudice. How about 'The Sleekly Furred' ... "and Naked Monkeys?"

Culture: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Wayfinders

Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +10; +3 vs. fear effects Defensive Abilities evasion, uncanny agility; Resist cold 5, fire 5, sonic 4 Halfling Operative EAC 27; KAC 28 initiative +9 SP 31/72 HP 50 RP 7/10 chronicles
Mustachio Marino wrote:
"Hmmm... Well Gordon is no ysoki, but he's short enough to fake it with a costume. What do you think, friend Gordon? Could you be a rat in my crew?"

"Well if I make a quick dash back to the armoury and get a Ysoki version of second skin that should be doable." He smirks slightly and adds "This could be fun"

Spoiler:

Adding 5 to my culture check as Tamm qualifies for reduced dc as per corporate agent theme
culture: 1d20 + 7 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 5 = 22

"Maybe ysoki crew may not be such a good idea"

Wayfinders

Lashtuna Envoy 4 | SP:24/24 | HP:28/28 | RP 5/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16| F +2 R +6 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Ammo 4/6 attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=hutchket rifle]d20+5; d10+4
Buffs-Debuffs:

"Say the word, Friend Bleu, and I will have you looking like the nastiest Ysoki on this side of the galaxy."

Meanwhile, Mustachio's Piped Piper disguise looks like something a 8 year old threw together in about three minutes.

Exo-Guardians

CN Male Ysoki Soldier 3 |SP 21/21 HP 23/23|RP 4/5 |EAC 18 KAC 21|Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +3| Init +6 |Per+0 Speed 25

Buster shows Mustachio a short video of himself on a stage, dressed in a heavy metal outfit of chains and spikes over his gray combat armor.

"If I gotta dress up, make it somethin' like this." Buster speaks in a low voice, with a twinge of nervousness in it. "And can ya' make it look cool? I don't wanna look like a stupid gooba."

Buster will need help with his identity. Whoever is willing to help him, he'd appreciate it.

Assuming that someone is sharing what they learned from their culture checks.

"So dis gooba we gotta babysit is some kinda pesh head, huh? I've had t' deal wit their kind before. Rich or poor, they all the same. Ain't a surprise he owes someone a buncha' money."

Wayfinders

Lashtuna Envoy 4 | SP:24/24 | HP:28/28 | RP 5/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16| F +2 R +6 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Ammo 4/6 attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=hutchket rifle]d20+5; d10+4
Buffs-Debuffs:

disguise check for buster: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Mustachio starts working on Buster, and with the few supplies in the ship manages to make him look EXACTLY like video.

"You are extremely kick-ass, Friend Buster."

Mustachio looks down at his own outfit-- green tights and green hat, with a cardboard flute.

"Sometimes the muses inspire me, and sometimes they...don't."


Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

Cover ID results thus far:

  • Mustachio: 13
  • Buster: 29-2
  • Fixit: 25

  • Dataphiles

    Male Kasatha Space Pirate Operative/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort 0/Ref +5/Will +4 | Init +4 | Perception +6 | Speed: 30ft

    When you got to a landing bay you noticed on a platform next to your ship two kasathas talking to each other. One of them being Catsial Drun dressed exactly the same way as in the briefing while the other being a strange figure sitting on a crate. You might assume that the other person is the so-called Spider

    He wears a simple travel clothing with dark pants, a grey shirt and a black jacket. He has a spider tattoo on his neck which is probably a reason for his nickname. He wears high leather boots. When he jumped off the crate you can see that he limps a bit on his left leg. That is why he always uses his cane while walking and due to metal elements at the bottom of his boots and cane he makes a clicking sound while doing so.
    His cane is black and has a Besmara symbol at the end of it. Behind his belt, he carries a semi-auto pistol that has its hand covered with leather.

    Spider has a scar on his cheek and carries a dark red bandana on his face to cover his mouth in kasatha way. In one of his hands, he carries a bottle
    of spirit and as he comes closer you can smell alcohol.

    Catsial says: "As I promised this is my replacement. You can call him Spider, he can fight, drink and fly starships which is what you need the most." With that Catsial leave you on the landing bay.

    Spider limps towards you and greats you offering a bottle to whoever would be willing.

    After that kasatha goes into the pilot room to get prepared for the journey.

    Implementation details:
    Relij hired an actor to play Catsial role on the landing bay.

    Dataphiles

    Male Kasatha Space Pirate Operative/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort 0/Ref +5/Will +4 | Init +4 | Perception +6 | Speed: 30ft

    Looking at Mustachios `professional` disguise, Spider suggests:

    "If we are going with a Piped Piper I could be a Narrator and we could change the fight into a theatre. We would make it surprising and unexpected."

    Spider comes up with a flask and makes a sip out of it.

    "You would be surprised how much fear and respect one could gain with a bit of rumors and articles. "

    "I think we could use Fixit skills with computers and use the 6 days to spread a word about Piped Piper the gladiator that fights his way to the top. We could buy some sponsored articles or simply fabricate some pictures that would find it's a way to be publically available."

    If we will decide that I will be a narrator I plan on wearing a some sort of red tuxedo, a cape and a cylinder hat. I would pain Spider face with clown-like makeup

    Disquise: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

    Wayfinders

    Lashtuna Envoy 4 | SP:24/24 | HP:28/28 | RP 5/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16| F +2 R +6 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Ammo 4/6 attack rolls:
    Spoiler:
    [dice=hutchket rifle]d20+5; d10+4
    Buffs-Debuffs:

    Mustachio looks at his costume with some chagrin. "Friend Fixit, I fear my costume is lacking in sheer-in-your-face-disguisey-prowess. New friend Spider has a good idea... could you use your computer skills to plant rumors of the Piped Piper all over the Brilliance Infosphere?"


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    Botting Gordon and Ears.

    Gordon Computers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
    Ears Computers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

    Your ship pulls into a dock in the outer ring of Brilliance (art in slides), waved in by several lashunta flight techs. You approach a female korasha lashunta customs officer and present your forged identities for inspection. She pores over them for a long while.

    GM Screen:
    Customs Perception (Drake): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10 Not alerted.

    She immediately waves you through to a waiting service staff, who rushes you down a lengthy hallway. "Please come this way, and hurry, Mr. Piper and team. Your match has been expedited; Mr. Tamm has become impatient and is eager to see your performance. You are slotted to fight an alien creature imported at Mr. Tamm's request." Eventually you reach a holding cell reminiscent of a green room, with two massive doors set in the wall. A susurrus of crowd activity can be heard beyond. The service employee checks her comm. "Okay, they're just wrapping up the previous fight. You have a couple minutes to get ready if you need it. Come through the doors into the arena once they open." She leaves the way you came, shutting the door behind her.

    Exo-Guardians

    CN Male Ysoki Soldier 3 |SP 21/21 HP 23/23|RP 4/5 |EAC 18 KAC 21|Fort +3, Reflex +3, Will +3| Init +6 |Per+0 Speed 25

    Buster checks the web grenade he has hidden in his cheek pouch to make sure it still works and slaps a magazine into his reaction cannon.

    "I'm ready to kill whateva' monsta they gonna throw at us. Just let me lead the way."

    Dataphiles

    Male Kasatha Space Pirate Operative/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort 0/Ref +5/Will +4 | Init +4 | Perception +6 | Speed: 30ft

    Spider walks confidently in his clown-like makup, with smiling lips drawn on the piece of cloth hiding his mouth. His red cylinder stands out, especially that most of his teammates could comfortably hide in high grass.

    Listening to the employee, he addresses the other gladiators:

    "Ok, Mr.Piper we will do it as in other fights. I will go first and introduce you to the audience. Please come in after you hear your name. The ferocious horde can enter after they hear you playing on that flute."

    He reaches for a device in his pocket: "I took it from the ship and loaded the songs that you send me. The speaker is not loud but it might sound as you are playing it."

    Spider pass the device to Mr. Piper.

    After the doors open, Spider walks toward the entrance and glances back:
    "I do hope that this time we are walking first on the stage. Good luck!"

    With that, he fixes his cylinder and his tux. And runs on the stage.

    As he enters he checks if he is safe, make a bow and yells:

    "Ladies and Gentleman! From the far end of the known galaxy, a mysterious figure appeared. He spread fear in the hearts of men! Females feint on the sound of his name! He can charm the beasts and monsters with a sound of his flute."

    While he says that he lifts his cane like a flute and hold it close to his mouth.

    "He first made an appearance in Akitonian mines, hired to clean it from monsters that scared of the miners. After doing his magic, the giant shobhad decided not to pay for his services. His end was horrible!"

    Spider makes a turn making sure that his cape adds a swoosh to it.

    "Here he is, one and only! The devourer himself spit his horde back! The unstoppable and undefeated Piped Piper! "

    Wayfinders

    Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +10; +3 vs. fear effects Defensive Abilities evasion, uncanny agility; Resist cold 5, fire 5, sonic 4 Halfling Operative EAC 27; KAC 28 initiative +9 SP 31/72 HP 50 RP 7/10 chronicles

    Gordon draws his laser pistol and survival knife and stands to the side of the door awaiting it to open. So as not to be in direct line of sight of what lies beyond

    "Ready when you are boss" He says to Mustachio

    Acquisitives

    Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
    bot me:
    1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
    // Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 5/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

    Ears stands in the back of the party, rubbing his ears and hopping from foot to foot while he looks intently at Buster's weapons.

    "Busta, I'm going to stick with you. Your weapons are a proper hash of chaos. Let me know what you're going to use, and I'll put it in order for you."

    Standing offer to use Supercharge weapon on your gear. It's pretty much Ears' combat go to.

    Wayfinders

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Lashtuna Envoy 4 | SP:24/24 | HP:28/28 | RP 5/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16| F +2 R +6 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Ammo 4/6 attack rolls:
    Spoiler:
    [dice=hutchket rifle]d20+5; d10+4
    Buffs-Debuffs:

    Mustachio runs out with his intro, holding his flute to this lips, and flicks on the music device that Spider had given to him earlier. A highly amplified jaunty tune issues forth. After a few seconds, he lowers the flute and yells, "I control my rat horde with this flute, given to me by the gods themselves! They do my bidding and tear enemy flesh from whole to bits in seconds. Yes, it is I, Mustach--- I mean... It is I, the infamous and powerful Piped Piper! And here...is the horde!!"

    Flicking the music back on, Mustachio plays with a single hand and points outward with the other. It is the ysokis' cue! (And Gordon's.)

    profession acting: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

    Yes! Nailing those rolls in pure Mustachio fashion!

    Wayfinders

    Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +10; +3 vs. fear effects Defensive Abilities evasion, uncanny agility; Resist cold 5, fire 5, sonic 4 Halfling Operative EAC 27; KAC 28 initiative +9 SP 31/72 HP 50 RP 7/10 chronicles

    Gordon brings his gun towards his black nose with fake whiskers and then hisses

    "Boss I keep telling ya Ratfolk are Alliance on most WoG* servers"

    *WoG is world of golarion the mmmorpg that is very popular in some quarters on Absalom station


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    The nearby sun blazes against a backdrop of inky space through the transparent ceiling of the arena. The glare obscures the faces of the roaring crowd crammed into bleachers towering above the floor. Overhead, six suspended holoscreens loop images of the arena. Metal pillars rise like jagged teeth from the bloodstained arena floor, and an announcer’s voice booms, “ARE YOU READY FOR SOME CARNAGE?!” The crowd echoes the refrain as the silver metal door to the east grinds open.

    The crowd dulls a little as Mustachio gives his preamble, apparently confused by your group's aesthetic. But as soon as Buster enters and powers up his gun, they cheer wildly. Opposite you, a team of two male korasha lashuntas and a female vesk armed with stun guns guides a harnessed and chained beast through the metal door at the north end of the arena. The group begins latching the harness clips onto either side of the door.

    Life Science DC 12:
    This beast is a crest-eater, although its short, dull horns suggest it is a juvenile specimen.

    You now have a moment to showboat for the audience while the staff readies the crest-eater for combat. You may use Athletics or Acrobatics to interact with the arena, or a Charisma-based skill to appeal directly to the audience. Mustachio's acting effort does not seem to have quite done the trick.

    Wayfinders

    Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +10; +3 vs. fear effects Defensive Abilities evasion, uncanny agility; Resist cold 5, fire 5, sonic 4 Halfling Operative EAC 27; KAC 28 initiative +9 SP 31/72 HP 50 RP 7/10 chronicles

    dice rolls:

    life science: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 (jack of all trades exploit allows check in untrained skill
    acrobatics: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18 oops shoulda taken 10

    "Dont worry Team its a crest eater not a tail eater"

    Gordon moves forward trying to use his tumbling skills to jump on top of some of the scenery. It doesnt go quite to plan but he lands and rolls into a low crouch to make it look like that was what he intended all along

    Acquisitives

    Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
    bot me:
    1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
    // Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 5/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

    Life Sci: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 What else do I know for that roll?

    Ears looks across the arena. "Two lashunta, a vesk, and crest-eater?! Think they're stacking the odds against us much? Can we just shoot them now?"

    The ysoki doesn't try to play to the crowd, but shuffles as quickly as he can in Buster's wake. He does however draw his pistol and hold it pointed up. He scans the crowd looking for their real target, Envar Tamm.

    perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    Gordon's stunts initially seem clumsy, but the crowd seems unexpectedly enamored with the ysoki-dressed halfling, cheering wildly!

    @Ears: That result gets you two details. Which would you like? Senses, speeds, EAC, KAC, saves, HP, attacks, or offensive abilities (1).

    Dataphiles

    Male CG Ysoki Roboticist Mechanic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Memory Module 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

    Fixit races forward in a zig zag fashion before finishing with a flash by taking a knee next to the soon to be Pie’d Piper and striking a pose with his rifle.

    Athletics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

    Life Sciences: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

    Dataphiles

    Male Kasatha Space Pirate Operative/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort 0/Ref +5/Will +4 | Init +4 | Perception +6 | Speed: 30ft

    Spider walks forward and addresses the Vesk guard

    "That pet of yours looks cute. Lookout! It got its claws behind you!"

    Spider screaming run back to his team hoping to scare the guards and entertain the crowds.

    Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

    1 to 50 of 212 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS-GM Skeemo] 1-07 The Solar Sortie All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.