Chaosorbit's PFS OutPost II - #8-99D: The Solstice Scar (Subtier 7-8) (Inactive)

Game Master Chaosorbit

Maps and Handouts

Initiative:

[dice=Anduris] 1d20 + 6[/dice]
[dice=Crios] 1d20 + 7[/dice]
[dice=Kivuli] 1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=Noldoli] 1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=Ranalus] 1d20 + 7[/dice]
[dice=Slaine] 1d20 + 11[/dice]


1 to 50 of 312 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Maps and Handout

Gameplay

The Exchange

Male Human Gunslinger 7 (Musket Master) HP 62/62 | AC21-T17-F14 | CMD 26 | Init +12 | Saves (Fort+8 / Ref+11 / Will+8) | Perception +15 | Speed 30ft | Active effects: None

.

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus/Monk/Occultist 7: HP: 51/51 DR 5/blunt | AC 23(24),16T,18(19)FF, CMD:24 | Fort:+10*(15vs poison/disease) Ref:+8 Will:+8 | Init:+7, Perception:+11 | Arcane Pool: 4/7 |Mental Focus 5/6 |Condition:| Effects: Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial), defending bone, barkskin,mage armor,antitoxin, antiplague

Crios enters the chamber and casually looks around for familiar faces. Joyfully he finds several, and with a relaxed wave he motions for Kivuli, Ranalus and Anduris to join him.

"Well met my friends." he begins with a wide smile and genuine happiness in his voice as the others come close.

"I know we have been here before, but this time something feels different, as if somehow there is a greater sense of... finality." as he says the last word, his expression seems to darken ever so slightly.

His eyes quickly relax and calmly shift to look past his friends as he spies two new Pathfinders moving toward the group. "And it seems we have the rest of our team arriving. I imagine this will be quite an intriguing mission."

The Exchange

Male Human Gunslinger 7 (Musket Master) HP 62/62 | AC21-T17-F14 | CMD 26 | Init +12 | Saves (Fort+8 / Ref+11 / Will+8) | Perception +15 | Speed 30ft | Active effects: None

Slaine ambles into the society meeting chamber. Although his face remains impassive as he chews on a wooden pick, his eyes dart quickly to each of the others in the room. He leans his tall, lanky frame against the wall next to the entrance and rests his double-barreled musket against the wall. You can see a large silver key embossed on the stock of the gun.

Folding his arms up as he leans against the wall, his leathery and scarred face relaxes a bit in the comfort of the room. His trail-stained leather coat rests over a very fine, but worn mithril chain shirt. He mumbles to himself: Durn, if'n it ain't a buncha weirdos agin.

In his mind, he thinks: Cain't tell where they from er what they do. Not a straight-up fighter amongst the whole lot. I miss the good ole days when ye could 'spect to find some guy wit a sword and some weaseling rogue ter pick a lock when ye needed. Even one o' them wizards was alright ter get ye out of a pinch. Ah well, I got a job ter do and the boss wants it done, so I'm gittin it done.

After he muses, he glances up at Crios when he speaks and grunts, not in an unkind way: Howdy. with a nod of his greying head.

Silver Crusade

Maps and Handout

The meeting chamber is a well-worn tent set up in a traveling encampment. Around the tent are some familiar faces that have worked together on this journey before, and a few new faces assigned by the powers that be to your team. As you assemble, you reflect on your long journey that got you to this point.

It all started when the Pathfinder Society received a call for help from the Blakros Museum, where intruders tripped the many defenses and barricaded themselves inside the building. Upon overcoming these safeguards, you encountered Medda and her Twinhorn warriors. Medda was willing to discuss the Kellids’ reason for attacking. Venture Captain Valsin was angered to learn that the museum agents resorted to theft to gain relics. In particular, a sacred hilt from a broken dagger that the hero Ivvora used to seal one of the dread lich, Tar-Baphon's, lieutenants. The nightwalkers known as Eshimka, was trapped on the Negative Energy Plane. And the hilt was the key to keep it that way. Vaslin promised Medda that Pathfinders would accompany them back to the Tusk Mountains to return the hilt and keep Eshimka sealed away from the material plane.

The Pathfinders secured passage for their convoy through the Hold of Belkzen and fought off renegade orc tribes’ raiders.

However, when you arrived on the solstice at the Twinhorn encampment, it was too late; Eshimka’s forces had begun flooding through a portal at the standing stones. The Pathfinders needed to fight back the undead and close the rift. Once sealed, you learned that the attack left an extraplanar scar. Expecting an even greater invasion the next solstice, you must prepare to defeat Eshimka and end the threat forever.

The Society members followed in the footsteps of the paladin Ivvora, seeking the place where she died battling a powerful white dragon. There, Medda hoped to commune with Ivvora in the afterlife, learning how to reforge the broken dagger or create a new weapon to destroy Eshimka. In the process, those present had to fight the new generations of white dragons and their kobold servitors who inhabited the area.

Now preparations are being made to travel to an ancient battlefield where Ivvora and her comrades fought against an overwhelming undead force and you find yourself on the verge of the area where the battle occur.

We'll kick off officially on Monday. In the meantime, go ahead and introduce yourselves and converse among yourselves.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Clr5/Feysworn 5 | AC 22 T 13 FF 24 CMD 21 | HP 63/63 | F+9 R +8 W +15 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +7 | Perc +29 | Stealth +11 | Active: None

The half-elf wears dark clothing and a rune-covered cloak that blends in with its surroundings. He carries a holy symbol of an eye with a crescent-moon pupil. He glances at the gunslinger and speaks quietly.

"May you walk safely in the dark places. I am Ranalus, servant of Count Ranalc."

He turns to the others.
"Kivuli, Crios, Anduris; it is good to see you again."

I am willing to switch around my spell selection to help the party. As I now have 4th-level spells there are many good options, like Blessing of Fervor, Freedom of Movement, and Death Ward. May get some scrolls.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

The long journey south from the slopes of the Tusk Mountains to the edge of Fangwood took several weeks, during which many of the Twinhorns and Pathfinders exchanged ancestral stories and tales of daring adventures to pass the time on the relatively uneventful trek. By the time the Fangwood rises ahead in the brisk morning air, both groups are eager to confront whatever lies ahead.

Medda addresses the crowd gathered before her. “South of here lies a battlefield where the paladin Ivvora risked her life in a daring ploy to help her battalion defeat an undead horde. For her selflessness, Ivvora earned a token of Vildeis’s favor: the dagger she used to deal a terrible blow to Eshimka! For all the crusaders’ heroism, I can sense an undead taint lingered here, and that stretch of the Fangwood has expanded in the centuries since to absorb it. It is now our turn to earn Vildeis’s blessing, risking ourselves to end this threat so that in turn we might slay Eshimka once and for all.

“The terrain favors small groups over larger formations, so we shall divide into smaller groups to navigate the forest and identify the corruption’s heart. May Ivvora’s example guide us to victory!” With that, Medda and her phantom Anok turn and enter the Fangwood, followed by Pathfinder and Twinhorn teams that fan out behind her.

GMs, you may begin Part 5.

Silver Crusade

Maps and Handout

Off we go!

Brambles grow wild throughout the edge of the wood where a thick canopy of trees begins to filter out sunlight, turning day into night. The overgrown plant life forbids easy access deeper into the forest and fills the air with the sickly-sweet smell of decay. The only way forward is through the gnarly brambles and it won't be easy.

Everyone give me one skill check. Either a DC 28 Acrobatics, Climb, Handle Animal, Knowledge (nature), or Survival OR a DC 23 wild empathy check. Anyone with woodland stride class feature (or a similar ability) receives a +4 bonus on any of this check.

Success = you make it through the Brambles unhurt.

Fail = give me a DC17 Reflex save or a DC 19 Fortitude save. On a failed save, you are sickened (-2 on attacks, damage, saves, skill checks, and ability checks).

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Clr5/Feysworn 5 | AC 22 T 13 FF 24 CMD 21 | HP 63/63 | F+9 R +8 W +15 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +7 | Perc +29 | Stealth +11 | Active: None

Survival: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Ranalus's wilderness skills fall short, but his quick reflexes save him from harm.

The Exchange

Male Human Gunslinger 7 (Musket Master) HP 62/62 | AC21-T17-F14 | CMD 26 | Init +12 | Saves (Fort+8 / Ref+11 / Will+8) | Perception +15 | Speed 30ft | Active effects: None

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

For a middle-aged man, Slaine is surprisingly nimble and easily moves through the brambles.

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome (holy tactician, warrior of the holy light) Paladin 8 AC 29 T 14 FF 27| CMD 20 | hp 76| F+13 R+9 W+11 (+2 v ill,fear,despair)| Spd 25| Init +2| Kn(Rel)+6, Perc+2(low-light), SensM +8|

The green haired gnome, clad fully in armor takes one look at the brambles and knows that he has no chance of making it through unscathed, and that powering straight through is his only option.

"Iomedae guide my feet"

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11

I am currentily sharing the "Shake it off" teamwork feat: Benefit: When you are adjacent to one or more allies who also have
this feat, you gain a +1 bonus on saving throws per such ally (maximum +4).

FORTITUDE: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20 So this plus however many players would be adjacent as we go through: GM's discretion, and would apply to everyone

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 5 | ~HP: 48+15/48 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 Flat), CMD:21, Fort:+3, Ref:+12, Will:+5, Init:+5, Perception:+19 (+20 for traps) / Trap Spotter 10'

Acrobatics vs DC 27: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Reflex vs DC 17: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

The wayang, obviously distracted, walks into branch after branch. However, he reacts quickly just enough each time to avoid the plant based poisons.

Silver Crusade

Maps and Handout

Slaine makes easy work of the brambles; while Kivuli, Noldoli, Ranalus struggle a bit but ultimately get through safely.

Crios and Anduris are up

Silver Crusade

Maps and Handout

You have earned a success moving through the brambles, I still need Anduris and Crios to make the checks to see if they become sickened. But I'm going to go ahead and move us forward

Rolls:

Perception/Survival

Anduris: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Crios: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Kivuli: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24
Noldoli: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Ranalus: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (11) + 25 = 36
Slaine: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Initiative

Anduris: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Crios: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Kivuli: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Noldoli: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Ranalus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Slaine: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Monsters: 1d20 ⇒ 9

After moving through the brambles you find the forest floor is blanketed with eerie dark flowers that paint the otherwise lightless woods with their purple incandescence. Disorienting paths cut through the trees, forward-facing paths seem to lead back to where they started, and retracing one’s steps leads to unfamiliar terrain. Glowing eyes glare hungrily from within the impenetrable thickets where the vines slowly curl around anyone who gets too close.

Dim light conditions – creatures within the area have concealment (20% miss chance) from those without darkvision.
The denser parts of the forest are difficult terrain. The thick growth also provides cover against any attacks that pass through at least 10 feet of a thicket, and anything protected by at least 20 feet gains full cover. Any creature that ignores natural undergrowth (such as with the woodland stride class feature) can move at normal speed but does not ignore the cover.

Know Arcana to identify

Round 1
Map

Noldoli
Slaine
Anduris
Crios
Ranalus

Monsters
Kivuli

All Pathfinder up, except Kivuli

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 5 | ~HP: 48+15/48 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 Flat), CMD:21, Fort:+3, Ref:+12, Will:+5, Init:+5, Perception:+19 (+20 for traps) / Trap Spotter 10'

Pbp rolling of Arcana to speed things up: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 10 + (6) = 21

"It might be..."

The Exchange

Male Human Gunslinger 7 (Musket Master) HP 62/62 | AC21-T17-F14 | CMD 26 | Init +12 | Saves (Fort+8 / Ref+11 / Will+8) | Perception +15 | Speed 30ft | Active effects: None

By Abadar's scales, what've we gotten inter? I kin barely see nothin' in this light. Any a ye got a light to help me kill these durn creatures 'afore they make a snack out o' us all? I'll unload both ' these barrels on the firs' one that shows it's ugly face.

Slaine scurries forward and readies an attack as soon as a monster clears the dense growth and is within 30ft.

Standard Attack-Point Blank Shot-Deadly Aim-Fire both barrels/shot
Double-barrel Musket vs touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage: 1d12 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Concealment (>20% hits): 1d100 ⇒ 60
Double-barrel Musket vs touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage: 1d12 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Concealment (>20% hits): 1d100 ⇒ 99

Move-move 30'; Standard-ready attack to fire both barrels; Free-reload both barrels with paper cartridges

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus/Monk/Occultist 7: HP: 51/51 DR 5/blunt | AC 23(24),16T,18(19)FF, CMD:24 | Fort:+10*(15vs poison/disease) Ref:+8 Will:+8 | Init:+7, Perception:+11 | Arcane Pool: 4/7 |Mental Focus 5/6 |Condition:| Effects: Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial), defending bone, barkskin,mage armor,antitoxin, antiplague

DC 28 Acrobatics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
DC 17 Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Crios navigates the brambles with only a few minor scrapes and scratches on his clothes for his efforts, just managing to avoid any debilitating wounds.

Know Arcana: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Completely at a loss for what they face, Crios opts for a defensive posture and drops a slender wand to his waiting hand, quickly activating it's magic.

"I could try reasoning with whatever is out there. Perhaps they are simply afraid of us..." the aasimar says calmly, knowing the likely danger they face. "But it is best to be safe none the less."

Knowing his friends well, Crios waits a brief moment for any spells they might cast before moving away.

Swift: spring loaded wrist sheath for wand / Standard: activate shield spell from wand / Move: move away from group after any spell Anduris or Ranalus might cast. Movement denoted on map by light blue arrows includes moving into difficult terrain on the last square.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Clr5/Feysworn 5 | AC 22 T 13 FF 24 CMD 21 | HP 63/63 | F+9 R +8 W +15 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +7 | Perc +29 | Stealth +11 | Active: None

"It could be an ally, or something that can be reasoned with - if you remember the dweomercat. Anybody know what it is?"

Ranalus activates Feyskinned, gaining DR 10/cold iron, and moves up next to Crios. This is usable for 4 minutes/day in 1 minute increments.

Does low-light vision help in Dim Light? Otherwise, he can Channel which will give everybody Darkvision for 1 round.

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome (holy tactician, warrior of the holy light) Paladin 8 AC 29 T 14 FF 27| CMD 20 | hp 76| F+13 R+9 W+11 (+2 v ill,fear,despair)| Spd 25| Init +2| Kn(Rel)+6, Perc+2(low-light), SensM +8|

"Ho there good sir..err being.... Perhaps have you see any evil afoot... err do you have eyes?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Noldoli then moves up

Silver Crusade

Maps and Handout

Re: Dim Light - Low light does help to see things, but only darkvision removes the concealment

Noldoli calls out a greeting and moves up and is greet back with a guttural roar. Ggarrr! Noldoli nears the thicket and the overgrowth seems to have a mind of it's own and begins to entangle Noldoli, as vines wrap around arms and legs.

Noldoli need DC17 Reflex or become entangled.

Entangled:

An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and a –4 penalty to Dexterity. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) or lose the spell.

Slaine moves up and readies his musket.

Crios casts shield and moves into thicket. Or do you, you see the vines trying to entangle Noldoli..so you can retcon if you want if not also give me a reflex.

Ranalus activates his feyskinned. also can retcon where you move, is feyskinned a standard? or do you have your standard.

Adjacent to the thicket = grabby vines

Round 1
Map

Noldoli Need DC17 reflex
Slaine
Anduris
Crios
Ranalus
Monsters
Kivuli

Anduris is up, and also any retcon moves, and possibly Ranalus standard.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Clr5/Feysworn 5 | AC 22 T 13 FF 24 CMD 21 | HP 63/63 | F+9 R +8 W +15 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +7 | Perc +29 | Stealth +11 | Active: None

Retconned move to not be adjacent to shrubbery.
Feyskinned doesn't say, it is an (Ex) ability, so I assume it defaults to a standard action. It becomes constant at Seeker level.

Silver Crusade

Maps and Handout

@Ranalus - got it -- i think we had this conversation in a previous game...lol

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus/Monk/Occultist 7: HP: 51/51 DR 5/blunt | AC 23(24),16T,18(19)FF, CMD:24 | Fort:+10*(15vs poison/disease) Ref:+8 Will:+8 | Init:+7, Perception:+11 | Arcane Pool: 4/7 |Mental Focus 5/6 |Condition:| Effects: Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial), defending bone, barkskin,mage armor,antitoxin, antiplague

Got it. Crios won't risk entanglement at this time. Not many places left he can move that don't block Slaine's line of sight so Crios ends up right next to him.

Silver Crusade

Maps and Handout

Rolls:

tentacle: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

The creatures, three, advance quickly on the party, moving through the thicket with great pace. These creature are a mix of different animals fused together, with a bear’s torso and head, clawed ape legs, and a furred tentacle arm. Two of them stick to the thick overgrowth; while the third comes straight at Noldoli moving into the open. Slaine gets off his shots scoring to hits that seem to not be quite as effective as he was expecting, but hurting the creature nonetheless.

The creature lashes out at the Paladin with a tentacle. But the tentacle can't best the holy warriors armor.

Kivuli recognizes them as they advance, yaoguai! you get 1 question

Round 1
Map

Monsters
Yellow 17 dmg
Kivuli

Round 2
Noldoli Need DC17 reflex
Slaine
Anduris
May take 2 turns worth of actions.
Crios
Ranalus

All Pathfinders are up, Anduris has 2 rounds worth of actions (and still need the brambles rolls from him).

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome (holy tactician, warrior of the holy light) Paladin 8 AC 29 T 14 FF 27| CMD 20 | hp 76| F+13 R+9 W+11 (+2 v ill,fear,despair)| Spd 25| Init +2| Kn(Rel)+6, Perc+2(low-light), SensM +8|

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 (plus any adjacent allies)

Either something is wrong with the map, or something is wrong with my browser. I'm assuming I can move up to the creature based on wher it was this morning, I also assume I will be taking an attack of opportunity

Noldoli steps up to attack the creature:
+1 consecrated cold iron longsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 161d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

I'm not using this ability this round, but will likely use it soon, so I wanted to make people aware of it: Holy Tactician.

8th lvl power:
At 8th level, the paladin can direct her allies into an advantageous position once per round as a move action. Each ally (if physically able to) can move 5 feet without expending an action. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Clr5/Feysworn 5 | AC 22 T 13 FF 24 CMD 21 | HP 63/63 | F+9 R +8 W +15 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +7 | Perc +29 | Stealth +11 | Active: None

Ranalus casts Shield of Faith on himself and draws his rapier. He steps up next to the gnome.
Not sure how long a day we're going to have or how tough this fight is - I have Blessing of Fervor and Prayer if we need buffs.

The Exchange

Male Human Gunslinger 7 (Musket Master) HP 62/62 | AC21-T17-F14 | CMD 26 | Init +12 | Saves (Fort+8 / Ref+11 / Will+8) | Perception +15 | Speed 30ft | Active effects: None

What in Sam Hill?!? These here beasties 'av got hide thicker 'an a mule's backside. My bullet's ain't hittin' like I'd expect 'em ter.

Slaine slides 5 feet over to take careful aim at Yellow and uses his Gunslinger Deed: Dead Shot to try and overcome the thick skin of the monsters.

Full-round Attack-Rapid Shot-Point Blank Shot-Fire both barrels/shot
Double-barrel Musket vs touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Double-barrel Musket vs touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Double-barrel Musket vs touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Double-barrel Musket vs touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Double-barrel Musket vs touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Double-barrel Musket vs touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Damage: 6d12 + 7 ⇒ (6, 7, 2, 5, 9, 2) + 7 = 38. I'm assuming touch AC is no higher than 14. Please adjust if it is.

Dead Shot Deed:

Summary: make full attack, damage is xd12+7, where x=number of hits. Apply total damage as one hit for purposes of DR (assuming that's what this is). Cost = 1 grit point
Gunslinger Deed: Dead Shot (7th level)

The Exchange

Male Human Gunslinger 7 (Musket Master) HP 62/62 | AC21-T17-F14 | CMD 26 | Init +12 | Saves (Fort+8 / Ref+11 / Will+8) | Perception +15 | Speed 30ft | Active effects: None

@Chaosorbit - I forgot concealment! I'm not sure how you'd like to rule this. For the Deed, it says that I would only misfire if all are misfires. I can roll a concealment for each attack roll and either deduct a d12 from the damage for each concealment miss or have the whole thing miss if all fail. I need to get some low-light specs!

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 5 | ~HP: 48+15/48 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 Flat), CMD:21, Fort:+3, Ref:+12, Will:+5, Init:+5, Perception:+19 (+20 for traps) / Trap Spotter 10'
Chaosorbit wrote:
you get 1 question

Special Abilities

Seeing the size of these monsters, the rogue downs an extract. Long Arm


I can see the map again, and I think I could have 5 stepped and then taken a second attack

+1 consecrated cold iron longsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Clr5/Feysworn 5 | AC 22 T 13 FF 24 CMD 21 | HP 63/63 | F+9 R +8 W +15 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +7 | Perc +29 | Stealth +11 | Active: None

@Slaine, next round Ranalus can Channel to grant you Darkvision. Should have done that this round. He doesn't have Selective Channel so he'll heal the monster for 5 hp or so (3d6/2), but I think it's worth it.

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus/Monk/Occultist 7: HP: 51/51 DR 5/blunt | AC 23(24),16T,18(19)FF, CMD:24 | Fort:+10*(15vs poison/disease) Ref:+8 Will:+8 | Init:+7, Perception:+11 | Arcane Pool: 4/7 |Mental Focus 5/6 |Condition:| Effects: Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial), defending bone, barkskin,mage armor,antitoxin, antiplague

Crios swiftly focuses a portion of his magic to enhance his staff, causing it to spark and then casts a spell with his free hand that further powers the arching magic. He the surges forward, looking to engage the exposed beast.

Slipping past Ranalus, he calmly wonders, Are the creature's reflexes good enough to react to both Nidoli and myself?

No sooner does that thought cross his mind than he finds himself executing a powerful, if somewhat wild, spell enhanced strike.

+2 enhanced quarterstaff single hand strike w/PA, shocking grasp: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
magic blunt+electricity damage: 1d6 + 10 + 1d6 + 5d6 ⇒ (4) + 10 + (4) + (3, 2, 6, 6, 3) = 38

Unlikely that will hit but the spell will stay charged if he misses.
swift:enhance staff+2 and shocking, standard:cast shocking grasp, move: get into melee range, free:attack as part of spell.

Silver Crusade

Maps and Handout

Rolls:

bite v. Crios: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 6 = 14

Kivuli knows that yaoguai can have different special abilities; judging from this one's tentacles, Kivuli guesses it likely has the ability to grab and constrict; and also Kivuli knows that yaoguai are immune to polymorph effects but the attempt to alter its shape causes it great pain and possibly other damaging effects.

Kivuli promptly extends his arms. He then steps toward the thicket, the vines reach out and try to grab him. @ Kivuli - Need a DC17 Reflex or become entangled or I'll allow you to retcon the 5' step.

Niodoli steps forward and gets a couple longsword swings in the beast that has approached. The first misses, and the second...

Slaine fires off a deadly dead shot...

Need a concealment roll for Niodoli's 2nd attack; and for each of Slaine's rolls. Dead shot does say it's a single shot, but then scales damage based on individual attack rolls, so seems more fair to roll concealment on each and then remove a die for the ones that miss concealment; rather than risk the whole attack on one roll.

Ranalus adds to his defenses.

Crios closes in on the beast, it bites at the Aasimar on his appraoch. But the magical energy shield buffets him from the attack. Noldoli took a 5', so no AOO on him.

Crios electrified attack misses the mark.

Anduris (2 round worth) is up
I've PMd Anduris and he posted in another game the day before last, so hoping he's still joining. Going to give him a bit more time to join us. Will move the game forward later tonight, either way.

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 5 | ~HP: 48+15/48 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 Flat), CMD:21, Fort:+3, Ref:+12, Will:+5, Init:+5, Perception:+19 (+20 for traps) / Trap Spotter 10'

Sorry, read there was an entangle, but did not see it on the map. My bad.

Reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

The Exchange

Male Human Gunslinger 7 (Musket Master) HP 62/62 | AC21-T17-F14 | CMD 26 | Init +12 | Saves (Fort+8 / Ref+11 / Will+8) | Perception +15 | Speed 30ft | Active effects: None

@Chaosorbit - Thanks! That was my interpretation too, but didn't want to be overly generous on my own behalf. :)

Concealment rolls:

Miss on 1-20, hit on >20.
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 94
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 3
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 81
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 58
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 85
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 17

Miss on shots #2 and #6, so subtracting those 2 rolls from my damage = 29 damage

@Ranalus - thank you for the offer! I'd love to have darkvision, but don't want you to waste a round if you can do something else. The price I pay for being a human! If you want to channel, I'm certainly glad to get rid of the concealment chance though.

Grand Lodge

Male M Dwarf | Occultist 7 | HP: 52 | AC: 22 T15, FF18 | CMD: 22 | F:+7 R:+6 W:+6| Init:+6 | Per:+14| SM:+9 | Speed 20' /60fly| Conditions: | Active Effects: Mental Focus(+2 DEX), Magic resistance 12 (dwarven racial trait)

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Fortatude save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Anduris bravely stumbles and bumbles through the near impervious forest. Lagging behind he tells his friends "Yah be go'en ahead there boys and let me get me sec'nd wind. Seems I be out'ah sorts here in this forsaken place." Anduris tries to keep up with the rest of the party but finds the forest daunting and soon he lags behind. The forest takes its toll and he suffers from the poison inherent in the fauna.

As he catches up to the party he sees that they are engaged in battle with three yaoguai. Know planer: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 2 = 16 He quickly responds by stepping forward to help his friend. He enhances his weapon with the keen and bane quality against these creatures. He then uses him focus power Mind over gravity to give himself flight for 7 mins (60 movement). Looking for special defenses. He also moves forward 40 feet and 15 feet up in the air.

Silver Crusade

Maps and Handout

@Anduris -- who got keen and bane? Also Know Planes not high enough for info

ALSO...we have an aid token, there is a slide on what it can do with the maps...Please use or boast quickly so we can keep them moving!

Rolls:

Noldoli concealment low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 31

Red tentacle v. Slaine: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Blue tentacle v. Kivuli: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Yellow bite v. Crios: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 3) + 6 = 14
Yellow tentacle v. Ranalus: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Yellow claw v. Noldoli: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Red tentacle GRAB v. Slaine: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29

Slaine's bullet hits and takes a big chunk out of the creature, as Noldoli's long sword hits as well, but doesn't seem to do full damage.

Anduris lagging behind, as he struggles through the brambles, feels an odd sensation that dwarves rarely know, a sick stomach. He moves up and enhances a fellow Pathfinder's weapon, then takes to the air flying above the ground cover.

The creatures on the outside advance on Slaine and Kivuli attacking both with their tentacles. While Kivuli is missed, Slaine is hit by the tentacle, it wraps around the gunslinger and starts to squeeze him. The yaoguai that is front and center tries to attack all three Pathfinders within its reach. The bite misses Crios; the tentacle misses Ranalus; and the claw also misses Noldoli. Some of its wounds seem to heal right before your eyes.

Round 2
Map

Yaoguai, Yellow 41 dmg
Red
Blue
Kivuli

Round 3
Noldoli
Slaine
Grappled - 11 dmg
Anduris sickened
Crios
Ranalus

All Pathfinders are up, don't forget concealment unless you have dark vision

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Clr5/Feysworn 5 | AC 22 T 13 FF 24 CMD 21 | HP 63/63 | F+9 R +8 W +15 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +7 | Perc +29 | Stealth +11 | Active: None

Ranalus casts Liberating Command on Slaine as an immediate action as soon as he is grappled.
Shadowy tendrils creep out from the cleric's holy symbol to pry away the creature's tentacle.
Slaine gets an immediate action Escape Artist check with a +18 competence bonus.

Then he channels to heal.
"The night restores."
Waves of shadow heal all within 30' for channel: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 6) = 15 7 points of healing and also grant Darkvision for 1 round.

Let's use the Aid Token for Timely Inspiration.

Silver Crusade

Maps and Handout

If you choose to use Timely Inspiration then it provides Inspire Courage at +2. So that is +2 competence to attack/damage rolls and +2 morale bonus v. charm and fear. The table on the slide is off-set at the bottom (so it looks like it grants +3).

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome (holy tactician, warrior of the holy light) Paladin 8 AC 29 T 14 FF 27| CMD 20 | hp 76| F+13 R+9 W+11 (+2 v ill,fear,despair)| Spd 25| Init +2| Kn(Rel)+6, Perc+2(low-light), SensM +8|

Noldoli makes a single attack and orders everyone to move 5 ft for their benefit. Reminder: This does not invoke an AOO

longsword (last roll concealment, high is good): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 161d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 121d100 ⇒ 15

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Clr5/Feysworn 5 | AC 22 T 13 FF 24 CMD 21 | HP 63/63 | F+9 R +8 W +15 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +7 | Perc +29 | Stealth +11 | Active: None

@Noldoli: Are you counting the +2/+2 from Aid Token? And Ranalus's Channel granted you Darkvision for a round so you do not have to worry about Concealment.

The Exchange

Male Human Gunslinger 7 (Musket Master) HP 62/62 | AC21-T17-F14 | CMD 26 | Init +12 | Saves (Fort+8 / Ref+11 / Will+8) | Perception +15 | Speed 30ft | Active effects: None

Slaine smirks to himself as he sees Yellow take a massive blow and begins to reload, unfortunately, he doesn't hear the Yaoguai behind him and is suddenly scooped up by a thick tentacle. Just as he feels the crushing power of the creature, its grip suddenly relaxes and Slaine attempts a quick get away. Escape Artist: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (17) + 23 = 40

By Abadar's generosity, I'm free! Slipping easily away, (I hope!) he slides out of reach of both blue and red when he suddenly feels a wave of healing wash over him. When he looks up, he can now clearly see the creatures. His eyes widen. Great golden key! Them's th' ugliest things I ain't never seen! No sense with fancy trick shots, I'll just fill this beastie up with so much lead, he kin't even move.

Just as he starts to unload his musket into BLUE, he feels the magical music inspire him from the other group.

On Blue:
Full-round Attack-Rapid Shot-Point Blank Shot-Deadly Aim-Inspire Courage-Fire both barrels/shot
Double-barrel Musket vs touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Damage: 1d12 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Double-barrel Musket vs touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 1d12 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Double-barrel Musket vs touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Damage: 1d12 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Double-barrel Musket vs touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 1d12 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Musket loaded with alchemical cartridge misfires on natural 1-3.
Unfortunately in his haste to escape the Yaoguai, Slaine misloads the first barrel and the musket starts to misfire and jam. Just as it does so, the key emblem on his musket glows with a golden light. Lucky weapon quality, allows reroll of misfire once/day
First barrel reroll: Double-barrel Musket vs touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Slaine's fingers shake and fumble at the sight of the Yaoguai and he poorly loads the firearm for the second shot and the gun jams. Git it tergether Slainy old boy. Ye's got a bunch a strangers watchin' yeh and they won't be thinkin' yeh know which way ter point yer gun..
So, gun jams on barrel #1 of second shot, so only damage from shots #1, 2 and 4 count. I deleted my 5th and 6th rolls -both were hits :(

Agree with the Timely Inspire Aid Token. What a fun and crazy round!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Clr5/Feysworn 5 | AC 22 T 13 FF 24 CMD 21 | HP 63/63 | F+9 R +8 W +15 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +7 | Perc +29 | Stealth +11 | Active: None

Ranalus smirks. "No, Slaine, it was the power of Count Ranalc the Betrayed, the fey lord who was banished for his love."

He's not malicious, just finds it amusing to help LG or LN types with the power of Chaos and Darkness. Light-hearted trolling.

The Exchange

Male Human Gunslinger 7 (Musket Master) HP 62/62 | AC21-T17-F14 | CMD 26 | Init +12 | Saves (Fort+8 / Ref+11 / Will+8) | Perception +15 | Speed 30ft | Active effects: None

lol. Agree, Ranalus! Slaine is a bit single minded when it comes to deity stuff. Despite their differences, I think these 2 are going to like each other by the end of this adventure.!

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 5 | ~HP: 48+15/48 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 Flat), CMD:21, Fort:+3, Ref:+12, Will:+5, Init:+5, Perception:+19 (+20 for traps) / Trap Spotter 10'

Anduirs, Crios and I were all on Skype last night. He intended the Bane & Keen for Kivuli, but I understand if you want to wait for him to say that.

The rouge slides toward the southern beast, his blade stabs out.

IF Anduris buff:

Estoc +1 vs BLUE (PA/LA/Keen/Bane): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 = 271d6 + 14 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 14 + (1, 6) = 24
CONFIRM: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 191d6 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

IF NO Anduris buff:

Estoc +1 vs BLUE (PA/LA): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 301d6 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
CONFIRM: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 = 301d6 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

Grand Lodge

Male M Dwarf | Occultist 7 | HP: 52 | AC: 22 T15, FF18 | CMD: 22 | F:+7 R:+6 W:+6| Init:+6 | Per:+14| SM:+9 | Speed 20' /60fly| Conditions: | Active Effects: Mental Focus(+2 DEX), Magic resistance 12 (dwarven racial trait)

Sorry, I tried to indicate Kivuli last night but it didnt update.

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome (holy tactician, warrior of the holy light) Paladin 8 AC 29 T 14 FF 27| CMD 20 | hp 76| F+13 R+9 W+11 (+2 v ill,fear,despair)| Spd 25| Init +2| Kn(Rel)+6, Perc+2(low-light), SensM +8|

I did not count either the dark-vision or the aid token, so my rolls were: 18 to hit and 14 damage

Everyone remember to take your free 5 ft step

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 5 | ~HP: 48+15/48 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 Flat), CMD:21, Fort:+3, Ref:+12, Will:+5, Init:+5, Perception:+19 (+20 for traps) / Trap Spotter 10'

DRAT! I also forgot the aid token. With the buff 29 to hit and a 21 to confirm. Damage would be 26 or critical for 45 points.

Silver Crusade

Maps and Handout

re: bane and keen - Yeah no problem guys, it just didn't say.

Rolls:

blue (low good for players): 1d100 ⇒ 6

Ranalus liberates Slaine who slides free of the yaoguai. Ranalus then provides healing that also provides darkvision. Kivuli enhanced by Anduris gets a crushing hit in on one of the yaoguais.

Noldoli lands another solid blow.

Slaine freshly escaped, takes a step back and begins firing. His one barrel gives him trouble. He gets his first round of shots off and hits, the second barrel finds the mark a second time, but the first barrel misfires! But that second shot from the second barrel drops the first of the yaogaui!

Round 2 +2 Inspire Courage / Darkvision, free 5' step
Map

Yaoguai, Yellow 43 dmg
Red
Blue DEAD 89 dmg
Kivuli

Round 3
Noldoli
Slaine 4 dmg
Anduris sickened
Crios
Ranalus

Anduris and Crios are up

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus/Monk/Occultist 7: HP: 51/51 DR 5/blunt | AC 23(24),16T,18(19)FF, CMD:24 | Fort:+10*(15vs poison/disease) Ref:+8 Will:+8 | Init:+7, Perception:+11 | Arcane Pool: 4/7 |Mental Focus 5/6 |Condition:| Effects: Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial), defending bone, barkskin,mage armor,antitoxin, antiplague

Gripping his staff in both hands now, Crios spins his weapon and aims for the enemy creature's exposed weak spots with two rapid blows. He adds just a hint of arcane strength to his attacks and at least one of the blows connects. When it does connect, the staff erupts with brilliant arcs of blue and white lightning, scorching the creature deeply.

+2 enhanced quarterstaff two-handed flurry w/PA+IC
:
1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20
+2 enhanced quarterstaff two-handed flurry w/PA: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 = 27

magic blunt dmg+arcane strike+ic+electric: 1d6 + 16 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 16 + 2 + (3) = 26
magic blunt dmg+arcane strike+ic+electric: 1d6 + 16 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 16 + 2 + (5) = 28
shocking grasp damage: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 3, 3, 4) = 16

1 to 50 of 312 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chaosorbit's PFS OutPost II - #8-99D: The Solstice Scar (Subtier 7-8) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.