[PFS] Beyond the Black-half Halfblight Path (Gameday VII) (Inactive)

Game Master Curaigh

Wizard's Wanted Gameday VII Upper Tier
**Black Half Table
**Back Up Communication link, Please follow the link to add this to your google drive.**


301 to 350 of 361 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

N Grippli Magus 5

They are not disappearing.

There's just a delay from when you hit post, to when it posts.

So you sometimes don't see it immediately.

Just refresh the page and it will be there.

Grand Lodge

N Grippli Magus 5
Venture Teller Play b'Post wrote:

That was a withdraw action (not a run action). If that is not possible while blind, then yes. Yes you do. :)

Blind forces him to move half speed, but don't see any reason it would stop a withdraw (just restrict him to a partial withdraw)... but even with a withdraw, he would not avoid the AoO, as he had to move north one then northeast... and would still provoke on the second square.


Silver ! Gold
Quote:
...and you can't withdraw from combat if you're blinded. ...

Go for it.

& yes the caster is still there (with three doubles).

Dark Archive

Female CG Human (Varisian) Fortune-teller and Field Scribe 8 | HP: 53/53| AC: 12( 12Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

The still writhing tentacles continue to attempt to wrap up the kobolds that foolishly stayed in reach.

grapple check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 MUCH better. Any kobolds grappled take 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 acid damage.

As the tentacles assault the kobolds, Carina chants another spell, calling forth a burst of light among the 2 kobolds in the tentacle-y mess.

Standard action - Casting Burst of Radiance on the kobolds. (Technically it's a 10-foot radius burst, but I can just center it on the pair and not hit any ally. DC 18 Reflex save or be blinded for 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds. If saved, they're instead dazzled for that long. In addition, Evil creatures take: 5d4 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 3, 3) = 14 damage.

Grand Lodge

N Grippli Magus 5

Ha, fear my damage then!

AoO, haste, good hope: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 15, for 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 damage. Bah, nm.
Hmm.. well, he's blind, so no dex bonus and an additional -2 to his AC... so maybe?

As the kobold staggers away, Agalych takes a quick swipe at it with his blade, though doesn't really put much effort into it, as his attention is turning towards those foes still in the fray.

His legs suddenly bound him across the room. In two quick leaps he's standing along the edge of the black tentacles writhing through the air. He says a quick arcane spell, then opens his mouth. A long tongue thrusts forward, reaching across the space towards the kobold that just threw the exploding bead.

Cast shocking grasp, then use his tongue to deliver it with reach from outside the black tentacles!

Touch attack vs grey, haste, good hope: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 30, doing 5d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 6, 6, 6) = 25 electricity damage

Liberty's Edge

male Skinwalker Hunter 4 / Barbarian 1 | HP : 12/54 | AC/FF/T 20/18/12 | Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +3 | Init +2 | Rage 6/8 | 1- 4/4, 2- 0/2 | Perc +10 (+8 more if scent is relevant)

Abram sits down and begins panting. drop rage

Dark Archive

AC 17, CMD 13, F +5, R +4 ,W +3, Percception +1

ref vs dc14, fail, takes 7 due to energy resistance: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11

Sigias yelps like a little girl when he catches on fire. After patting out the flames, he fires a wand at Aggy's kobold.

magic missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


HP 17|17 | AC 17, T10, FF17 | Fort +6, Ref -1, Will +3, Elemental immunities, Perception +4, tremorsense 60'

Gaius says something to the elemental in a strange gravelly tongue. It glides into the ground and striks out at the grappled elemental from within the earth, so as to avoi the tentacles.

Total concealment miss chance, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 36
Slam, earth mastery, pa: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 - 1 = 24
Damage, earth mastery, pa: 1d6 + 7 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 + 3 = 17

The elemental cannot see the kobold or the images and therefore is attacking against flatfooted AC and ignoring the images but does have a 50% miss chance to deal with

The Exchange

N Male Tiefling Wizard 7

Gaius simply observes from his position on the wall.

This encounter seems to be largely over so not using any more resources on it

Liberty's Edge

Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 Defense AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+4 Dex +2 Nat) hp /32(2d6+2) Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +8 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep
Agalych wrote:

They are not disappearing.

There's just a delay from when you hit post, to when it posts.

So you sometimes don't see it immediately.

Just refresh the page and it will be there.

Gracias!

Liberty's Edge

Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 Defense AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+4 Dex +2 Nat) hp /32(2d6+2) Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +8 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

How would magic missile interact with a mirror image?

Spellcraft 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Or know arcana 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

Liberty's Edge

Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 Defense AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+4 Dex +2 Nat) hp /32(2d6+2) Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +8 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Those are nice rolls. I am not sure which would be the right one to tell me what she wants to know

Dark Archive

LN Wizard 7 AC15(T11,FF15) CMD13| HP (10)42/42| F +5 R +5 W +9* | Init +1, Perc +14, Sense Motive +14 |

Mirror image works only against rolled attacks. So MM hits automatically.

Liberty's Edge

Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 Defense AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+4 Dex +2 Nat) hp /32(2d6+2) Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +8 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

She casts her last magic missile at the kobold caster
3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 2) + 3 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 Defense AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+4 Dex +2 Nat) hp /32(2d6+2) Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +8 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

LOL, that wasnt very impressive


Silver ! Gold

Reflex Y: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Reflex G: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Carina sends a pillar of flame at the kobolds and immolates the caster. Thick writhing tentacles grab the villainous humanoids etching their skin with acid. Stony arms reach up from the earth and writhe uselessly.

A standard issue glyph of the open road of pure force smashes into the smaller kobold. Three more like spinning maple seeds get added by YlaniA.

Like a colorful blue dragon, Agalych spits a mouthful of electricity at the grey kobold turning it into a blackened corpse.

Reflex G: 1d20 ⇒ 13
combat over

Grand Lodge

N Grippli Magus 5

Agalych pulls out a small pearl and twirls it in his hand for a moment, as he looks back the way the kobold fled.

"Should we chase down that one, perhaps having answers?" He takes a few hesitant steps in that direction. "It will not have gone far, with its eyes blinded."

Blinded, its moving half speed at best, so is probably only one round off. =)

Dark Archive

AC 17, CMD 13, F +5, R +4 ,W +3, Percception +1

"Talking to goblins is like a searing needle in your ear while getting punched in the head. Talking to kobolds is minus the punches." Sigias pads over to the very dead ones. "I'm alright without a chase. Maybe these others have some clue."

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Liberty's Edge

Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 Defense AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+4 Dex +2 Nat) hp /32(2d6+2) Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +8 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

She will cast detect magic to see if she finds anything of interest on the caster and other kobolds.

Liberty's Edge

male Skinwalker Hunter 4 / Barbarian 1 | HP : 12/54 | AC/FF/T 20/18/12 | Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +3 | Init +2 | Rage 6/8 | 1- 4/4, 2- 0/2 | Perc +10 (+8 more if scent is relevant)

As the bear pants he somehow manages to say, "I could probably track him if you desire."


Silver ! Gold

want to pursue?:
please post your speed, I will determine how many rounds it takes to catch up. On odd numbered rounds, I will also need a perception or survival check, so give me two or three of those. Since blindness is permanent, chances of catching the master trapper are decent. Description:The passage continues for several hundred feet and angles downward. Eventually it breaks up into several tunnels which are a veritable maze.

if not pursing:
detecting for magic reveals: necklace of fireballs I; +1 chain shirt, potion of cure moderate wounds, a second +1 chain shirt, +1 short sword, +1 shortbow

doing both:
I will have to calculate rounds for the different spoilers, to see how long it is before you reunite.

Liberty's Edge

male Skinwalker Hunter 4 / Barbarian 1 | HP : 12/54 | AC/FF/T 20/18/12 | Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +3 | Init +2 | Rage 6/8 | 1- 4/4, 2- 0/2 | Perc +10 (+8 more if scent is relevant)

If they want me to pursue:
spd: 40ft scent
Survival?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Survival?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Survival?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Survival?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
"You move at half your normal speed (or at your normal speed with a -5 penalty, or up to twice your speed with a -20 penalty)..."
"A creature with the scent ability can follow tracks by smell, making a Survival check to find or follow a track. The typical DC for a fresh trail is 10. This DC increases or decreases depending on how strong the quarry's odor is, the number od creatures, and the age of the trail..."
grapple: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
maintain/pin: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
CMD 23


HP 17|17 | AC 17, T10, FF17 | Fort +6, Ref -1, Will +3, Elemental immunities, Perception +4, tremorsense 60'

Gaius turns to his elemental friend and says something in a gutteral language.

Terran:
Hunt down the fleeing kobold and kill it

The elemental can run 80' per round, can move through the ground, has darkvision and 60' tremorsense. I think we are at effectively the start of round 3 so it lasts another 5 rounds (7 total)

Dark Archive

LN Wizard 7 AC15(T11,FF15) CMD13| HP (10)42/42| F +5 R +5 W +9* | Init +1, Perc +14, Sense Motive +14 |

Remember that we all are under good hope

We are looking for hostages, I say lets go!

Albert start following the kobold with Abram.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 20

Speed 30ft.

Dark Archive

Female CG Human (Varisian) Fortune-teller and Field Scribe 8 | HP: 53/53| AC: 12( 12Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Carina dismisses the tentacles, letting the kobold bodies drop to the floor. "Let's go. Hopefully, this isn't that hard."

Liberty's Edge

Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 Defense AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+4 Dex +2 Nat) hp /32(2d6+2) Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +8 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Has her detect magic picked up anything yet?

Grand Lodge

N Grippli Magus 5

Agalych tilts his head slightly, then bounds off in the direction the last kobold fled, sure he can't have gotten far.

30' move + darkvision


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Silver ! Gold

Detect Magic will not detect anything until you study for three rounds, which it seems will split the party.

The kobold has run down a tunnel that leads back to the Darklands*. He is looking better now, having taken the time to consume a potion which has closed some of his wounds. As the party approaches he is in a narrow tunnel. Yipping and hollering he holds his knife out and pointing it specifically in random directions. One particularly loud scrape causes him to grab something from his neck and toss it at the sound.

fireball: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 3, 5, 1) = 15, Elemental and Abram can make a Reflex save (DC 15 for half). Everyone else will be affected randomly. (roll a 1d12 (d12 don't get enough love ;)

Spoiler:
If you get 1d12 ⇒ 4 you are also affected, but can succeed at a Reflex Save for half damage.

Elemental was told to kill it. Abram wanted to grapple it. Either can be accomplished easily enough. Please let me know which. If you are capturing the kobold, what is the plan with him?

*The kobold's screams are in draconic but translate simply as. "Ahh! I am going home. I am going back to the Darklands. This tunnel will take me to the Darklands. AAHH!!" Either that or a large billboard says, eat at Koe's Three miles ahead. Take a right at the second Darkland exit.

After which the party can go back to the site of the previous battle and address Ylania's curiosity (spoilered above).

And then there is another room to the south of the kobold room. This cave narrows both in width and height drastically from north to south. Sharp, glittering stone spikes protrude from the walls and ceiling.
Also creatures, but I don't want to get too far ahead. }:)

Liberty's Edge

male Skinwalker Hunter 4 / Barbarian 1 | HP : 12/54 | AC/FF/T 20/18/12 | Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +3 | Init +2 | Rage 6/8 | 1- 4/4, 2- 0/2 | Perc +10 (+8 more if scent is relevant)

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Dark Archive

AC 17, CMD 13, F +5, R +4 ,W +3, Percception +1

affected? Ref: 1d12 ⇒ 91d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Grand Lodge

N Grippli Magus 5

1d12 ⇒ 5

Lets hope someone actually can speak draconic =)

Agalych makes a strange sound you're pretty sure could not come from a human throat, part startlement, part irritation. as the kobold flings a last ditch fireball.

"Stupid kobold better have useful knowhows on missing peoples." He mutters.


Silver ! Gold

Ugghhh... I hate seeing "1 hour, 56 minutes ago" on Drogun's post. It means it took me almost that long to adjudicate the other table!

The Exchange

N Male Tiefling Wizard 7

Elemental save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Gaius hit?: 1d20 ⇒ 2

If Ambrus has grabbed the kobold Gaius will order the elemental to leave it alone.

Dark Archive

LN Wizard 7 AC15(T11,FF15) CMD13| HP (10)42/42| F +5 R +5 W +9* | Init +1, Perc +14, Sense Motive +14 |

Albert Hit?: 1d12 ⇒ 11

Liberty's Edge

Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 Defense AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+4 Dex +2 Nat) hp /32(2d6+2) Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +8 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Cant's she catch up or someone stay there with her?

Dark Archive

Female CG Human (Varisian) Fortune-teller and Field Scribe 8 | HP: 53/53| AC: 12( 12Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

1d12 ⇒ 5

Letting those with alacrity chase the remaining Kobold, Carina waits with Ylania and assists in gathering and identifying whatever magic the kobolds were carrying.

Grand Lodge

N Grippli Magus 5

one of you who can actually speak draconic needs to maybe talk to the little guy. At this point, that is just Albert, I think.


Silver ! Gold

After capturing him, the party can reconvene in the kobold room, identify the items and pose questions. Anyone can ask questions, they will go through someone who speaks both (like the kobold).

Ylania the magic is listed in the spoiler above)

Dark Archive

AC 17, CMD 13, F +5, R +4 ,W +3, Percception +1

"Albert - ask it what happened to the slaves that came to these caves." Sigias pulls out some rations, essentially equivocating kobolds to house pets, "Ask if it's hungry."

Diplo Aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

yep, that's about right

Dark Archive

LN Wizard 7 AC15(T11,FF15) CMD13| HP (10)42/42| F +5 R +5 W +9* | Init +1, Perc +14, Sense Motive +14 |

Albert asks

Please, kobold, can you help us? We don't want nor have to kill you. We only want to know what happened to some people we are looking for. Did you know where they could be? Did slaves came to these caves? Tell us all what you know about what happened here since two weeks ago, please.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 17 + 2 = 33


Silver ! Gold

"Two weeks ago," he thinks quietly. "We broke through a sealed entrance from the Darklands and began investigating the caverns beyond." He points to his chest, "We are the Shardstings."

"We found items both mundane and magical that the caulborn abandoned long ago and, naturally, worked on them." He doesn't say they came to weaponize everything they could, but the party has encountered enough of their devious traps to surmise this is the case. "These people wandered into our newfound trove, the we captured them. Soon they will help us improve our projects even more." he doesn't say 'test subjects' for lethal traps.

As far as their location, he simply points to the room just south of here.

While he speaks Ylania's search for magic reveals: necklace of fireballs I; +1 chain shirt, potion of cure moderate wounds, a second +1 chain shirt, +1 short sword, +1 shortbow.

To the south the cave narrows both in width and height drastically from north to south. Sharp, glittering stone spikes protrude from the walls and ceiling.

Dark Archive

LN Wizard 7 AC15(T11,FF15) CMD13| HP (10)42/42| F +5 R +5 W +9* | Init +1, Perc +14, Sense Motive +14 |

Thank you. Now, please don't take anymore of our kind to do your tests. If we learn that you did it again, we will act and this time there will be no prisonner.

Says Albert like a parent with a child.

Now. Lets find the missing slaves and lets free them!

Remember that we are all under good hope

Liberty's Edge

male Skinwalker Hunter 4 / Barbarian 1 | HP : 12/54 | AC/FF/T 20/18/12 | Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +3 | Init +2 | Rage 6/8 | 1- 4/4, 2- 0/2 | Perc +10 (+8 more if scent is relevant)

Could I try to track humans using scent?
Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


Silver ! Gold

My battery is at 4% & I am not at home. Sorry.
Yes you can.


Silver ! Gold

What that was supposed to say is 'no post tonight, my phone battery is nearly dead & I do not have access to my laptop.

Two exits lead away from the trail to the underdark. One returns to the large cavern with the bones piled along the cliff. The second goes into another room.

Anyone want to make a Spellcraft check for this room?

This room, narrowing as it does made it easy for the kobolds to trap thier prisoners. Five of the escaped slaves huddle in the dark of this room. Their gear has been stripped from them but they are otherwise unharmed. The sixth has already fallen to one of the kobold's traps as you have discovered.

Dark Archive

LN Wizard 7 AC15(T11,FF15) CMD13| HP (10)42/42| F +5 R +5 W +9* | Init +1, Perc +14, Sense Motive +14 |

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 16 + 2 = 38

Seeing the slaves, Albert asks Are you ok?!

The Exchange

N Male Tiefling Wizard 7

Gaius also peers into the new room, activating detect magic as he does so.

Spellcraft, good hope: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14

He also looks out for more mundane enemies or threats.

Perception, good hope: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 = 16

Before we move into the room Gaius maneuvers himself onto the ceiling with his spider climbing ability and reactivates his wands of shield and heightened awareness.

Dark Archive

Female CG Human (Varisian) Fortune-teller and Field Scribe 8 | HP: 53/53| AC: 12( 12Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

"We've found the refugees and dealt with those that took them,"Carina hesitantly says. "Is there anything else that we need to do here, or can we out of here?"


Silver ! Gold

As Gaius maneuvers himself into the wall he notices an odd percentage of stone spikes along them. In fact the narrowing portion of this room seems to all be stone spikes. As he looks at the residual magic of the area he recognizes the effects of something similar to a stone spike spell. Albert confirms this recognizing the lingering effects are much too strong and must include more magic. The room will grow and shrink when the magic is triggered, gnawing and gnashing anyone in the here. It is not hard to place the stange spikes stopped mid-growth about the time of the recent earthquake.

"The Duskwardens? You have finally made it!" exclaims one of the former slaves. Yes, aside from being stuck in the dark for weeks they are ok. "No lashings from the new masters, at least.

Carina appears to be correct.

Dark Archive

AC 17, CMD 13, F +5, R +4 ,W +3, Percception +1

”No, we're not the Deskwardens. They are, well... at their desks. You may want to consider your next career choice with another company, just my advise. No, we're the Pathfinders. You sods must be the Maplosers.” Sigias motions for them to stand, then pulls out the curing wand, ”Well, up on your feet, there's more walking to do. You can relax - no lashings involved. Is anyone hurt? -other than that guy in the pit.”

301 to 350 of 361 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Beyond the Black-half Halfblight Path (Gameday VII) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.