Duboris's Untitled Campaign

Game Master Duboris


201 to 218 of 218 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Male Human Inquisitor 5

Leveling somewhat of a sombre gaze back at the monk, Garenth gives a grunt. "About the same as I said before, I'd wager," he informs him, although he sends out the required holy request to make sure.

Cast Detect Evil.

Iomedae's follower then inspects what he can of his surroundings before speaking ahead to Varangian, "Nothing's rusting on you yet, right? Can't have the castle wall crumble before the war is won," he jests.


Male Human Monk 3
Stats:
HP: 30 || AC: 16 ||Initiative: +6||Perception +7||Fort: 5||Ref: 5||Will: 4

Dalton walks over to the cave tunnels, inspecting the opening that the creature made earlier to see where it leads. His sword is out and ready.


Male Human (Ulfen/Varisian mix) Fighter 5 (favored +5 skill ranks)

Varangian follows the monk, bardiche readied.


As the group approaches the cavolcade of potential walls, something rarer unexpected happens. Far above the roof of the cavern, jagged stalactites stared down at the party, and while it was slow, and rather quiet, the sound of a roar could be heard with even the slightest attempts at listening. The cavern echoed with something that seemed to be getting closer, and suddenly, the room shook!
The sludge in the center of the room jiggled and rippled as rocks fell into it from above. With a mighty roar, boulders began to fall from the ceiling as the room began to collapse on itself. The old ruins of the cavern couldn't support the weight of whatever was going on topside. The screams from the distance could be heard, just as well, the destruction, as if it was dancing around the room. The sound came from the staircase, of course.
While no one was particularly close enough to them to be in any danger, giant boulders and rubble collapsed rather quickly over the barred up caves, sealing them off entirely, forever, until an actual excavation team would happen to come along and look deeper. That was a part of the area that wouldn't be explored for quite some team.

Just above, whatever caused the commotion, continued it's glorious rampage.

Garenth:
The water just seems to be filthy goo. Nothing really evil about it, unless you're a germaphobe.


Male Human Monk 3
Stats:
HP: 30 || AC: 16 ||Initiative: +6||Perception +7||Fort: 5||Ref: 5||Will: 4

Dalton stares at the tunnel they were about to go down. "I guess you're in your god's good graces, Garenth! If we'd gone any further we'd be crushed...do you hear that, upstairs? Sounds like something's doing some unplanned renovating...let's go stop it!" With a grin that says I know full well how crazy I sound, Dalton grips his sword-hilt and races for the stairs leading up.


Male Human (Ulfen/Varisian mix) Fighter 5 (favored +5 skill ranks)

"Ah! Who wants ta live forever, righto? Let's haul arse and save day!"

With this, Varangian dashes right behind Dalton.


Male Human Inquisitor 5

Garenth does not seem to share in the enthusiasm of his comrades and instead nods grimly at their words. He continues to feel his nerves tighten in anticipation, however. He makes doubly sure his crossbow is readied and motions for Varangian to lead.

"Whatever it is, we shall show it the meaning of fear. The righteous will prevail against all that seeks to birth chaos and evil into this world. Let us go," he urges, pulling his cloak to follow as he nods to the two with a confident smirk.


I do sincerely apologize for the wait for this.

Gliding up the flight of stairs is quickly followed by the collapsing of a rather large bit of rubble through the door. The whole room apparently didn't collapse, however, as that would have been met with even more noise than was actually heard.

Gallavanting up the stairs, the noise from above them grows even louder, gurgling and grunting as more mayhem is caused. Screams eventually come into play and whatever is going on is certainly bound to be astounding in some of the worst ways.

Getting up to the second floor, the one prior to the cavern, the trickle of rain fills the room as a stream of water sinks slowly down the stairs and into the various cracks of the floor. The noise, upon getting to this area, stopped immediately, though the screams and lasting effects of houses creaking and crumbling still fills the room.

And in the stream, though rather faint, is a trickle of the black sludge stained with crimson.

The only thing between the party and the scene is another flight of stairs that's considerably shorter.


Male Human Monk 3
Stats:
HP: 30 || AC: 16 ||Initiative: +6||Perception +7||Fort: 5||Ref: 5||Will: 4

Dalton ceases his wild career up the stairs when the noise stops, and listens, beckoning his comrades to wait as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Male Human (Ulfen/Varisian mix) Fighter 5 (favored +5 skill ranks)

"What do ye hear Dalton?" asks Varangian of his companion, clutching his bardiche worriedly.


Dalton the sounds that grace your ears are nothing short of sheer chaos. Absolutely rampant fear. The sound of a just-crumpled building's rubble settling doesn't seem to help.


Male Human Monk 3
Stats:
HP: 30 || AC: 16 ||Initiative: +6||Perception +7||Fort: 5||Ref: 5||Will: 4

Dalton just glances back at Varangian with a worried expression and turns to run farther still up the stairs. Duboris, I'll charge the first hostile-looking thing I see.


Male Human (Ulfen/Varisian mix) Fighter 5 (favored +5 skill ranks)

"Sounds like plan, let's move!" Varangian agrees.


Coming up out of the rock work, the rain is the first thing any of you feel, as the structure that had originally been above the stairs is completely gone! The remains of the building have been pushed a full 30 feet away against another ruined structure, and the smell of bile and funk fill the air.

The sound of the destruction happening is lost to that of the oppressive rain, which slowly melds together with the black sludge that cakes the majority of the local area's blood spattered walls. Crows perch atop the roofs, huddled together in the rain, but still hungry for a taste of carrion.

What carrion, you may ask? Well, there is nothing shorter than 14 dead in the floor of the road and sidewalk. Some have been torn completely apart, and others have been used as crude paint brushes, creating that strange symbol from earlier.

The Crows are frantic, and disorganized, but they seem to be calming the locals, who at this point, seem to be packing up. Many crows are helping move rubble, while others are moving the dead onto carts. Others are simply trying to calm down citizens.

One in particular, however, after seeing you guys resurface, runs up to you and braces himself on Varangian so he doesn't have to slow down, shouting through the rain rather calmy; "You guys need to get to the Mayor! They told me to tell you as soon as you got out! We'll handle things here!"


Male Human Monk 3
Stats:
HP: 30 || AC: 16 ||Initiative: +6||Perception +7||Fort: 5||Ref: 5||Will: 4

Dalton surveys the scene with his mouth agape. "Such destruction...I have never seen..." before being shaken out of his reverie by the Crow. At the Crow's insistence, Dalton nods and grimly draws his cloak about himself against the rain, wasting no time and hurrying down the road.

Dalton will move at maximum speed to get to the Mayor's office.


Male Human (Ulfen/Varisian mix) Fighter 5 (favored +5 skill ranks)

"You're unnacustomed to war, Dalton. This be nothing...ten and four bodies are nothing. Now a whole town dead and a'burning, now *that* is sight for nightmares."

Then he too hurries to go and see the mayor.


Upon arriving at the Mayor's area, he is, needless to say, practically flipped over atop himself in his chair. A cold, disappointed fist protrudes into his cheek. When you all arrive, he makes no haste to move, simply waving the guards away as you arrive. With a boom of haste he asks almost immediately; "What have you learned! If you know of little, don't come back unless you've discovered something!"

The water drips off the lot of you as the storm continues and the ravens land on structures outside, clumping together to protect themselves from the beating winds.

Sorry gentlemen! I was getting settled into my college dorm. I've managed to keep my other campaigns going but I neglected this one on accident, as you are down 2 people.


Male Human Monk 3
Stats:
HP: 30 || AC: 16 ||Initiative: +6||Perception +7||Fort: 5||Ref: 5||Will: 4

FYI recruitment thread for a campaign I'll be DMing: link.

201 to 218 of 218 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Duboris's Carrion Hill! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.