To face a God of iron.

Game Master DBH

When the alien fire that gives it it's name goes out and the disappearance of a local leader, the town of Torch calls for heroes to save the town and end their peril.

Iron gods folder

Loot

Found devices

New tech

Choking tower tech

Scar of the spider

Machine caves


1 to 50 of 3,958 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Are you sure you want to do that?

Gameplay thread.

Watch this space.


HP 72 l AC 18 (T 13, FF16) l F +10 R +10 W +5 l ini +2 Prec +14 +2 bonus vs. [language-dependant], glyph, symbol or writing-related spells

Dot


Status: Mage Armor 9 Hours | Witch 9 | HP 37/55 | AC 18 | T 14 | F 15 | Per +2 | Init +9 | Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +10 | CMB +4 | CMD 18 | +3 Inferno Pistol 1d6 20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-4 DC22), Cackle (move), Misfortune (2 rnd, DC 21), Slumber (9 Rounds DC21) Flight (8/9 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 33/34 (CL1 - DC15) | Ray of exhaustion 16/18 (CL5 - DC16)

Dot


Are you sure you want to do that?

Torch has been a town on the edge over the last few days. All of you have felt the rising tension among the populace. Lately the same matters are all that seem to be being discussed and groups of the town folk can be seen gathering in groups, talking in low voices with worried faces.

Extinguished Torch:

The violet flame that has burned atop Black Hill for over a century has gone out, leaving a strangely seeping pit of rubble and bubbling fluids where the town's livelihood once glowed day and night.

Missing Councilor:

Ever since Councilor Khonnir Baine, one of Torch's more powerful wizards and a well-liked individual, went missing on his second expedition under
Black Hill, the citizens of the nervous town have edged closer to outright panic. With their hands full handling the growing refuse and waste problems in town now that their primary disposal method is gone, the town council is eager to find out what happened to Khonnir and rescue him they've made public a reward of 4,000 gp to any group that can recover Khonnir's body; if he can be returned alive, they've promised to throw in the scroll of resurrection they've been holding on to in case they need to revive him. Interested parties are invited to speak to the council at Town Hall

Black Hill Caves:

Khonnir Baine discovered the signs of unusual traffic on the banks of Weeping Pond, and shortly thereafter, the submerged tunnel that provides access to several heretofore unknown tunnels under Black Hill. His emergence from the caves with a deactivated semi-humanoid automaton sparked worries that something strange might be going on in the caverns, but when he failed to return from his second expedition a few days ago, those worries turned to outright fear. Several other adventuring parties have gone missing in the caves, and Torch finds itself running short on
new volunteers.

Now is the time for a brave group to gather and make their own legend. The party can meet and discuss their plans. Introducing themselves to each other and giving a description.

Everyone can also give me a d20 roll please.

DM screen:

Roga chance: 1d100 ⇒ 46
Jeremiah chance: 1d100 ⇒ 94
Tybalt chance: 1d100 ⇒ 24
Figgychance: 1d100 ⇒ 90
Raktar chance: 1d100 ⇒ 49
Dilana chance: 1d100 ⇒ 42


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 10 | HP: 104/104, DR 2/- | AC: 20/24 (Tch 11, Fl 19/23) | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +11 | Init: +6 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 50/40ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 3/7, 4th 4/5, 5th 3/3 | Charges: Armour 52/60, Chainsaw 9/10, Shield 9/11 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

Khonnir's disappearance has put Raktar on edge. The loss of the torch was bad enough but now that his friend and mentor had gone too he felt lost and alone. As the days pass with no word of him, the unease within Raktar grows to the point where he feels compelled to do something. He gathers up some of his belongings - his large metalworking hammer and his large toolkit among them - and makes his way to the town hall.

"I'm here to help look for Khonnir," he says with more confidence than he feels when he arrives at the council's meeting. "I'm not sure how I can help, but he's my friend, and was my father's friend. He's important to this town, and I want to help however I can."

Raktar feels out of place here. A small unassuming young man, he knows little of the world beyond Torch, and even less of what might have caused the fires to go out and his friend to disappear. Dressed in a simple blacksmith's outfit with a leather tunic and apron, he carries a large hammer and a backpack seemingly stuffed with tools. He shuffles his feet nervously as he waits for a response, or for others to volunteer to help.

Mystery d20: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Are you sure you want to do that?

Raktar, your D20 is a roll on the good old wild rumors table.

Raktars wild rumor:
Jhestine over at Tempting Tonics is hoping to sell all of her stock so she can leave town-my wife says she's taken a lover in Chesed and is moving north!'


Status: Mage Armor 9 Hours | Witch 9 | HP 37/55 | AC 18 | T 14 | F 15 | Per +2 | Init +9 | Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +10 | CMB +4 | CMD 18 | +3 Inferno Pistol 1d6 20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-4 DC22), Cackle (move), Misfortune (2 rnd, DC 21), Slumber (9 Rounds DC21) Flight (8/9 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 33/34 (CL1 - DC15) | Ray of exhaustion 16/18 (CL5 - DC16)

Dilana: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Dilana did not go to work today but did stop to make sure that her closet size shop was locked up tight. She, with some regret, tore a page form her journal and wrote a sign for the door "CLOSED until the torch is lit."

A woman with somewhat unruly black hair and a small scorpion on her shoulder approaches the group. She has a sturdy build and her hands are perennially died shades of brown and black from her work with leather at her cobbler shop.

She holds out her hand and the green scorpion climbs down:
"Well we know most of you. Lancelot says I need to help with the Torch and he is usually right."

Dilana has always been seen as a bit strage but her family has lived here for a long time and her father is a blacksmith of average, at best, skill.


Male human barbarian 3/ranger 2 | CMB: 8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft i medium armor|

Knowing his chance at learning from the town's metal craftsmen was zero to none until the torch was relit, Roga went to offer whatever help he could to the town council.

Still less than a month in town, the young Kellid barbarian was a well known sight among the locals, especially those that dealt in any way with the smiths.

With a dark, shoulder-length mane and steel gray eyes, Roga cut an imposing figure. A large youth with hard-packed muscle on his lanky frame, his tanned skin was criss-crossed with many scars.

He nodded towards Raktar, having crossed a few words in the past few days, and echoed his statement, "I would also like to help out find this Khonnir or do whatever is necessary to relight the torch."

-----------
rumor: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 10 | HP: 104/104, DR 2/- | AC: 20/24 (Tch 11, Fl 19/23) | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +11 | Init: +6 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 50/40ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 3/7, 4th 4/5, 5th 3/3 | Charges: Armour 52/60, Chainsaw 9/10, Shield 9/11 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

Raktar shakes Dilana's hand, slightly unnerved by the large scorpion that she seems to be friendly with. He knows her by sight as a longstanding resident of Torch, and his father had worked with her father in the past.

He nods in Roga's direction, somewhat intimidated by the much larger man despite their burgeoning friendship.

"It's good to see how many people care for Khonnir," he says, somewhat glad that he won't be going out on his own.


HP 72 l AC 18 (T 13, FF16) l F +10 R +10 W +5 l ini +2 Prec +14 +2 bonus vs. [language-dependant], glyph, symbol or writing-related spells

After sitting with Khonnir Blaine and studying the automaton that he brought back to the surface after his first expedition, Figgy began to get worries about this disappearance.

Upon reaching the town hall, Figgy notices some others who are out fitted for a search party, approaching them instead of the general council might seem the best way to find his lost friend.

"Good day all, Figgy Greasefitter, this is Spriggy" Figgy points to the clockwork robot that is taller than he is. "I guess everyone here is looking to find Khonnir as well? Or just in it for the reward, either way I want to help if you are all going."

rumor: 1d20 ⇒ 20


| HP: 61/61 | AC: 26 (Tch 17, Fl 19) | CMB: +7, CMD: 24 | F: +6 , R: +10, W: +6| Init: +5(+7) | Perc: +17 | Speed 30ft | Grit: 3/3 | Ammunition: 30, 30 Adamantine| +1 Double Barreled Pistol +13 (1d8+1/x4), +2 Inferno Pistol +14 (1d6+6) (10 Charges)| Active Conditions: None

J.J. didn't usually return from his scrap hunts early, especially when he feels that he's on the verge of finding something good. However, the big purple flame he used as a directional beacon at times that was the town's pride and joy had just gone out. When it did, he felt a shift in his gut, telling him bad things were on the horizon.

It took him and his business partner some time to prepare since they spent a majority of their gold on supplies for their recent outing and they hadn't any good scrap to their names to sell back to town. Nonetheless, they found a way. They always did.

Soon enough, the man was ready to approach the town council, gun at his side, grappling hook looped around his belt, and a look of determination in his eyes. While he had no strong feelings for Khonnir, the man was a big deal in town and the reward was something they couldn't simply pass up, even with the risk. Seeing a group gathering up, he figured they were the a bunch ready to follow Khonnir's trail. Most were familiar faces he'd seen around town, so it brought him a small sense of relief.

'At least they aren't Technic Leauge,' He thought to himself before approaching the group, trying to sound friendly. "I take it this is the search party? Name's Jeremiah, call me J.J. if you don't mind. My business partner and I are here to assist."

Rumor: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Male HP: 22/22 | AC: 16 (Tch 13, Flat 13) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +1 (+3 v Poi) , R: +6, W: +4 (+6 vs. Ench) | Init: +3 | Perc: +9 (+10 v traps), SM: +7, DD +9 | Speed 30ft | Extracts: 1st: 4/4 | (CLW, Shield, Heightened Awareness) Rapier +5 | Light Crossbow +5 (5 bolts) | Inspiration: 4/4 | Buffs:

The white-haired half-elf wished he'd had time to clean up after returning to town, but haste proved more important than hygiene; the rumors of the violet flames going out were true and people were going missing. And as if the universe were out to prove things could always be worse Khonnir Baine, a local leader and respectable wizard, had been among them. If someone like that could vanish...

Tybalt shook the fear from his mind and started wiping off his face with a wet rag. Uncertainty brought out people's worst fears but, as his grandfather had assured him long ago, it also brought the best in some people. Those without fear. Those who would right the wrongs or die trying.

And now I seem to be among them... he concluded, following his friend and savior as he approached a slowly-growing crowd. Never much of a socialite, Tybalt only recognized a few by sight... and even then he wasn't certain he'd ever spoken to them before.

"Erm... greetings," he started, holding out a gloved hand for someone to shake... before realizing it was dirty as well. He drew it back, cursing under his breath as he removed the item, placed it into his belt pouch, and once again held out the now-naked hand. "Tybalt Kosgrove, amateur scavenger. Part-time scientist. And now..." he paused and took a short breath. "Investigator for hire. Glad to be here."

Rumor: 1d20 ⇒ 11


HP 72 l AC 18 (T 13, FF16) l F +10 R +10 W +5 l ini +2 Prec +14 +2 bonus vs. [language-dependant], glyph, symbol or writing-related spells

Figgy will shake Tybalt's hand, wiping the grease off his own on his already grease stained smock.

"Guess we should get on talking to whoever is wanting us out there leading this search. Come on Springy"

The clockwork robot will stand up from inspecting a random stone and adjust the pack it is carrying and come over to Figgy.


Status: Mage Armor 9 Hours | Witch 9 | HP 37/55 | AC 18 | T 14 | F 15 | Per +2 | Init +9 | Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +10 | CMB +4 | CMD 18 | +3 Inferno Pistol 1d6 20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-4 DC22), Cackle (move), Misfortune (2 rnd, DC 21), Slumber (9 Rounds DC21) Flight (8/9 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 33/34 (CL1 - DC15) | Ray of exhaustion 16/18 (CL5 - DC16)

"Fascinating little man. I mean the little artificial man clearly. "

To the scorpion "Lancelot you should learn to carry my pack."


| HP: 61/61 | AC: 26 (Tch 17, Fl 19) | CMB: +7, CMD: 24 | F: +6 , R: +10, W: +6| Init: +5(+7) | Perc: +17 | Speed 30ft | Grit: 3/3 | Ammunition: 30, 30 Adamantine| +1 Double Barreled Pistol +13 (1d8+1/x4), +2 Inferno Pistol +14 (1d6+6) (10 Charges)| Active Conditions: None

Getting a closer look at his 'comrades' almost made him reconsider since some of them seemed a little green, but he remembered what Tybalt was like when they first met.

"Wish I had a drone to carry my things. Closest I've got is Tybs. He's got his uses, but hauling things really isn't one of them."


Are you sure you want to do that?

As you move through the town to the council hall you overhear whispers and rumors from groups of folk gossiping and talking.

Dilana's wild rumor:
There's at least one Technic League spy in town, mark my words.

Roga's wild rumor:
Garmen's not the actual boss of the Ropefist gang. They're actually agents of the Technic League!.

Figgy's wild rumor:
The Technic League's not pleased with the situation, and I hear the Black Sovereign himself is heading to town in a few weeks to find out what's been going on down here.

Tybalt's wild rumor:
Old Mylan Radii's not really a worshiper of Pharasma-he's a worshiper of Zyphus, and he's just biding his time before
the graveyard's full so he can raise up an army of the undead!'.


Are you sure you want to do that?

You arrive at the Council hall to find only one of the town's councilors is present. Bazlundi Otterbie is currently working with Joram Kyte to coordinate tending to Torch's growing problem of waste disposal, while Soceal Murgrave is at home nursing a splitting headache (the third in as many days). And Khonnir Baine, of course, is missing.

Dolga Freddert still carries her adamantine warhammer easily, even with her hair now as white as snow. She looks up and actually almost breaks a smile when she sees you gathered. "You're here to deal with the problem? Not just to whine and weep like these brats!" Her look at the gathered townsfolk isn't complimentary.

"Well then come this way." She leads you to a quiet corner and gives you all the information that has been learned so far.

She confirms that the reward for rescuing Khonnir is 4,000 gp, plus the town's scroll of resurrection if he's brought back alive. A separate reward of 4,000 gp is still awaiting those who can reignite the torch atop Black Hill, but for the moment, the council is more interested in getting Khonnir back home safe and sound.

How long ago did the flame go out?

"It's been eight days, but only seven since the first explorers braved the new tunnels Khonnir discovered. Khonnir himself led his second foray into the caves just a couple of days ago-and he has yet to return."

Where's the entrance to these caves?

"There's an underwater passage connecting them to Weeping Pond. Khonnir noticed a large number of human footprints on the pond's banks-he was there the day the fires went out testing the water to ensure it hadn't suddenly grown more toxic-and he realized that a sizable group of people had entered the pond but had not emerged."

Who made those tracks?

"We don't know. Word about town puts blame on the Technic League, but I think that's too convenient and obvious an answer. Khonnir was hoping to find out more by delving deeper into the caves, but who knows what he found in there ... or indeed, if he's even still alive?"

How many explorers have gone into the caves before us?

"Four teams in all, but only one came back to report what they found-Khonnir's first expedition. Khonnir spoke confirmed what his group told us, despite how outlandish it sounded. The first team was a group of halfling adventurers, the second a group of local thugs, and the fourth a small adventuring party devoted to the worship of Brigh from out of town. Khonnir's team undertook the third and fifth expeditions under Black Hill, and it was on the fifth expedition-his second trip-that he went missing."

"What did they find?

"The caves are inhabited by several enormous vermin and other scavengers, along with some strange humanoids who had the ability to blend into the shadows of the cave walls, and a nest of gremlins. Khonnir believed this indicated a deeper connection in the caves to the Darklands, but of more immediate interest was his discovery of a wall of solid metal deep in the caves. A wall made of a skymetal alloy called glaucite. He said it was like the kind we mine from the hills and surrounding plains, but formed into a structure with doors. It was near
one of these doors that Khonnir found the broken automaton that he brought back after his first expedition."

What do we know about the metal wall?

"Very little. Khonnir examined it himself, and confirmed that it was an alloy of adamantine and iron, and that one of the doors in the wall was locked tight but the other was open. He had planned on exploring deeper beyond that door on his second expedition, but who knows if he actually made it that far?"

What assistance can you provide us?

"Once you're on the job, I'll give each of you a writ that you can show to any of the merchants in town for a flat 20% discount on any gear you need to purchase-I wish I could offer a greater discount than that, but that's the best I can do. Further, Val, Khonnir's adopted daughter, has closed down her father's tavern, the Foundry, for the time being. She's told me that any group that's going into the caves to look for her father can use the tavern, free of charge, as a headquarters and a place to rest between forays. Finally, the entrance to the caves is flooded. You'll need to swim a bit to get to the caves. Joram Kyte has agreed to cast water breathing on any group to aid in entering the caves-free of charge, of course. You can find him at the temple of Brigh or up at Crowfeather Palace when you're ready to go."

Big info dump I know, but I decided to streamline the questions into one post. That's all the information that is available right now.


HP 72 l AC 18 (T 13, FF16) l F +10 R +10 W +5 l ini +2 Prec +14 +2 bonus vs. [language-dependant], glyph, symbol or writing-related spells

Prior to going in

I can build you one, in a bout a year or so!"

after the question period

"A group of Brigh faithful went in? I wish I could have meet them before. I will keep a look out for them. So do we want to meet with Val before we go in?"

Figgy will look over Springy, giving him a bit of a wind.


Male HP: 22/22 | AC: 16 (Tch 13, Flat 13) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +1 (+3 v Poi) , R: +6, W: +4 (+6 vs. Ench) | Init: +3 | Perc: +9 (+10 v traps), SM: +7, DD +9 | Speed 30ft | Extracts: 1st: 4/4 | (CLW, Shield, Heightened Awareness) Rapier +5 | Light Crossbow +5 (5 bolts) | Inspiration: 4/4 | Buffs:

Tybalt gave the gnome's hand a few vigorous shakes before letting go. Figgy's hand was clean, but the investigator still thought he felt grease cling to his digits. His first instinct would've been to wipe it off, but he restrained himself out of professionalism. Seeing the tinkerer's clockwork companion in action helped considerably.

'Incredible.' he marveled internally as the group made their way to the Council. 'Must've taken him forever to make. Maybe he'd be willing to share the schematics or collaberate to create superior models... but that can wait. Job first, hobby later.'

Jeremiah Johnston wrote:
"Wish I had a drone to carry my things. Closest I've got is Tybs. He's got his uses, but hauling things really isn't one of them."

He sighed, pinching his brow and muttering "...knows I hate nicknames..." under his breath.

Cue infodump

Tybalt closes his eyes and nods as he processes the answers given. 'Seems this rescue is exactly as risky as it sounds. And with no alternative in sight... Will have to prepare accordingly.'

Figgy Greasefitter wrote:
"A group of Brigh faithful went in? I wish I could have meet them before. I will keep a look out for them. So do we want to meet with Val before we go in?"

"Seems like the most logical course of action. Lets us establish a home base, easy access to information on Khonnir..." he takes a breath. "...and presents least likelihood of danger."


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 10 | HP: 104/104, DR 2/- | AC: 20/24 (Tch 11, Fl 19/23) | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +11 | Init: +6 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 50/40ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 3/7, 4th 4/5, 5th 3/3 | Charges: Armour 52/60, Chainsaw 9/10, Shield 9/11 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

Raktar greets Figgy, JJ and Tybalt with courtesy, marvelling at Figgy's little automaton friend.

He stands patiently as Councillor Freddert greets them brusquely and proceeds to tell them about the creatures and mysterious objects that have been found so far beneath the hill, along with the many disappearances of groups that have tried to explore the caves.

Maybe I shouldn't have volunteered after all, Raktar thinks, a sense of deep unease filling him. "We should talk to Val," he agrees with Figgy and Tybalt. "She might know more about what Khonnir found on his first visit to the caves."


| HP: 61/61 | AC: 26 (Tch 17, Fl 19) | CMB: +7, CMD: 24 | F: +6 , R: +10, W: +6| Init: +5(+7) | Perc: +17 | Speed 30ft | Grit: 3/3 | Ammunition: 30, 30 Adamantine| +1 Double Barreled Pistol +13 (1d8+1/x4), +2 Inferno Pistol +14 (1d6+6) (10 Charges)| Active Conditions: None

Like the others, JJ listened to the councilwoman's take of the situation and the wheels started to turn in his head. He started to dream of finally fixing that pistol of his up or even finding an upgrade in the form of some cutting edge technology. Sure, it would probably take time to get that far, but he knew he'd get there eventually.

As she she spoke, he tried getting a hunch on Dolga's feelings, trying to see how she was coping with the situation.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Hearing the word 'daughter' got his real attention though. Being reminded that the man had family hit close to home for him due to his own family circumstances. He hated to remember it, but now he had more of a reason to do this than the Technic League potentially being involved. At the very least, he wanted to stop one family's suffering.

"Seems as sound a plan as any." He spoke, acknowledging Figgy's, Tybalt's and Raktar's assessments and leads. "At the very least, starting there will give us time to think about how to use the information we already have in the best manner."


Are you sure you want to do that?

Jeremiah.

Sense motive:
Dolga is frustrated at the continuing lack of results, and wishes she could go out and smack a few heads in with her warhammer. She is pleased that the party has stepped up and hopes they can get things fixed.


Are you sure you want to do that?

The Foundry Tavern is one of Torch's most popular venues, but since the torch went out and its owner, Khonnir, went missing, the townsfolk have had little reason to celebrate.

In honor of her missing foster father, Val Baine closed both the tavern and the foundry until further notice, reserving the former as a place to rest and recuperate for any group heading into the caves to look for Khonnir.

Both Raktar and Figgy know Val. A young Kellid girl orphaned by violence years ago in Starfall, rescued and raised by Khonnir Baine. Khonnir has been teaching her Alchemy and Metallurgy for the passed few years.

Raktar has often worked the forge alongside Val, and so as the party makes their way towards the Foundry tavern he recognizes the voice screaming in panic from ahead as hers!

New map up top for the fight. Foundry Battle is it's title. Move your icons on the map. Let me know if you can't move them yourselves.

As Figgy stated he had worked with Khonnir on the automation he is aware of it's location in the building.

Party actions go first, then the various others.


Status: Mage Armor 9 Hours | Witch 9 | HP 37/55 | AC 18 | T 14 | F 15 | Per +2 | Init +9 | Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +10 | CMB +4 | CMD 18 | +3 Inferno Pistol 1d6 20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-4 DC22), Cackle (move), Misfortune (2 rnd, DC 21), Slumber (9 Rounds DC21) Flight (8/9 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 33/34 (CL1 - DC15) | Ray of exhaustion 16/18 (CL5 - DC16)

On the walk over Dilana follows the others and resists the urge to have Lancelot ride atop the construct.

"We should check on Val and let her know we are looking for her dad. Being suddenly alone in the world is difficult. Also her father is a smart man, maybe he started a map or some such after his first look at the caves."


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 10 | HP: 104/104, DR 2/- | AC: 20/24 (Tch 11, Fl 19/23) | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +11 | Init: +6 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 50/40ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 3/7, 4th 4/5, 5th 3/3 | Charges: Armour 52/60, Chainsaw 9/10, Shield 9/11 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

Raktar and his new-found comrades head towards The Foundry to talk to Val. As they approach a shrill scream splits the air. "That's Val!" Raktar yells in surprise. He runs towards the tavern, pulling his hammer from his backpack, and tries to pinpoint where the scream came from.

Move Action to draw my hammer, Move Action to make a Perception check to try to work out where Val is.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


| HP: 61/61 | AC: 26 (Tch 17, Fl 19) | CMB: +7, CMD: 24 | F: +6 , R: +10, W: +6| Init: +5(+7) | Perc: +17 | Speed 30ft | Grit: 3/3 | Ammunition: 30, 30 Adamantine| +1 Double Barreled Pistol +13 (1d8+1/x4), +2 Inferno Pistol +14 (1d6+6) (10 Charges)| Active Conditions: None
GM_DBH wrote:

The Foundry Tavern is one of Torch's most popular venues, but since the torch went out and its owner, Khonnir, went missing, the townsfolk have had little reason to celebrate.

In honor of her missing foster father, Val Baine closed both the tavern and the foundry until further notice, reserving the former as a place to rest and recuperate for any group heading into the caves to look for Khonnir.

Raktar has often worked the forge alongside Val, and so as the party makes their way towards the Foundry tavern he recognizes the voice screaming in panic from ahead as hers!

Hearing a woman scream was concerning enough. Given the location and one of the group reacting in surprise made him jump to the only conclusion he could think of.

Raktar Garnok wrote:
"That's Val!"

"Just perfect. Vultures moving in already." He said as he pulled out his gun and loaded it up. As soon as it was ready, he peered into the nearest window to see if she was in there.

Move Action: Load pistol.
Move Action: Perception check: Peer into Tavern window.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Are you sure you want to do that?

Sorry if it wasn't clear. The scream is coming from the home, not the tavern or foundry beside the party.


Male human barbarian 3/ranger 2 | CMB: 8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft i medium armor|

Roga kept his distance from the little automaton. Much more comfortable with these devices than a few years ago, he still was wary of them.

He tried to inconspicuously look at the thing as they ventured towards the Foundry. He recited the information given to them trying to form some sort of timeline of events and hoped that someone had taken notes.

Hearing screams made the young barbarian leap into action, "Who said they knew where this automaton? Tell me know!"

Heavy flail in hand, he started moving towards the screams waiting for some sort of direction.

-------------
will double move or move and attack if possible once he's told where to go


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 10 | HP: 104/104, DR 2/- | AC: 20/24 (Tch 11, Fl 19/23) | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +11 | Init: +6 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 50/40ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 3/7, 4th 4/5, 5th 3/3 | Charges: Armour 52/60, Chainsaw 9/10, Shield 9/11 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

In that case my second Move Action would have been to move up to the house's window to see what's going on. I've moved my marker as such.


Status: Mage Armor 9 Hours | Witch 9 | HP 37/55 | AC 18 | T 14 | F 15 | Per +2 | Init +9 | Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +10 | CMB +4 | CMD 18 | +3 Inferno Pistol 1d6 20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-4 DC22), Cackle (move), Misfortune (2 rnd, DC 21), Slumber (9 Rounds DC21) Flight (8/9 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 33/34 (CL1 - DC15) | Ray of exhaustion 16/18 (CL5 - DC16)

Dilana moves up towards the house and to the left, hoping that whatever is causing the screams is drawn out into the open by those more incline to getting close and personal.

Double move to get over in line with what I think is the door.


HP 72 l AC 18 (T 13, FF16) l F +10 R +10 W +5 l ini +2 Prec +14 +2 bonus vs. [language-dependant], glyph, symbol or writing-related spells

Figgy starts running as he hears the scream, everything on him jingling and moving about has he moves his little feet.

"Come on Springy, Val is in trouble."

Figgy Double moves pulling an odd looking device off his back and stops behind Raktar.


Male human barbarian 3/ranger 2 | CMB: 8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft i medium armor|

Not hearing a response but following where everyone else was going, the fleet-footed barbarian started a sprint towards the home.

assuming he can attack:

Seeing the automaton next to the girl made the barbarian scared. And scared made him angry.

With little thought, he swung the flail overhead with the intent of smashing the thing.
----------
move, rage, and attack
heavy flail to hit: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14
damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Stats
HP 15/15
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13
Conditions: rage, robot slayer so AC=19
Melee (heavy flail): +3 = +1 (base) +2 (STR)
Melee Damage (heavy flail): 1d10+3, 19-20
-1 to hit, +3 damage for power attack
5/6 rage


| HP: 61/61 | AC: 26 (Tch 17, Fl 19) | CMB: +7, CMD: 24 | F: +6 , R: +10, W: +6| Init: +5(+7) | Perc: +17 | Speed 30ft | Grit: 3/3 | Ammunition: 30, 30 Adamantine| +1 Double Barreled Pistol +13 (1d8+1/x4), +2 Inferno Pistol +14 (1d6+6) (10 Charges)| Active Conditions: None
GM_DBH wrote:
Sorry if it wasn't clear. The scream is coming from the home, not the tavern or foundry beside the party.

Gotcha. I'll change my perception to actual movement and get closer to the building.


Male HP: 22/22 | AC: 16 (Tch 13, Flat 13) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +1 (+3 v Poi) , R: +6, W: +4 (+6 vs. Ench) | Init: +3 | Perc: +9 (+10 v traps), SM: +7, DD +9 | Speed 30ft | Extracts: 1st: 4/4 | (CLW, Shield, Heightened Awareness) Rapier +5 | Light Crossbow +5 (5 bolts) | Inspiration: 4/4 | Buffs:

Wish I knew how to make make my stats appear in posts like Dilana and Raktar. I feel like I'm cheating, and that's the last thing I want to do on my first PBP, let alone my first combat.

Raktar Garnok wrote:
"That's Val!"
Jeremiah Johnston wrote:
"Just perfect. Vultures moving in already."

"Or worse..." the investigator muttered, pulling out one of his extracts and moving closer to the source of the screaming.

Move Action: Move 30ft closer to building, stopping right behind JJ
Standard Action: Drink Extract of Heightened Awareness


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 10 | HP: 104/104, DR 2/- | AC: 20/24 (Tch 11, Fl 19/23) | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +11 | Init: +6 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 50/40ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 3/7, 4th 4/5, 5th 3/3 | Charges: Armour 52/60, Chainsaw 9/10, Shield 9/11 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

Just click on my name or picture and you can essentially copy & paste the format, just remember to put the ooc tags in and customise the things it displays.


Status: Mage Armor 9 Hours | Witch 9 | HP 37/55 | AC 18 | T 14 | F 15 | Per +2 | Init +9 | Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +10 | CMB +4 | CMD 18 | +3 Inferno Pistol 1d6 20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-4 DC22), Cackle (move), Misfortune (2 rnd, DC 21), Slumber (9 Rounds DC21) Flight (8/9 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 33/34 (CL1 - DC15) | Ray of exhaustion 16/18 (CL5 - DC16)

It goes in Race and Class/Level btw. Really helps me keep track of my own stuff.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Roga You are outside the building, you would need to jump through the closed window to get inside.

Solid white is doors, white with a blue line through it are windows.

Raktar Looking through the window you can see Val huddled in a corner of the storeroom with a look of shock on her face, and the automation, now active and tearing at the walls.


Male human barbarian 3/ranger 2 | CMB: 8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft i medium armor|
GM_DBH wrote:

Roga You are outside the building, you would need to jump through the closed window to get inside.

Solid white is doors, white with a blue line through it are windows.

With 40' movement, the first move action puts me at the door. Does my second move action open it or open it and enter it?


Are you sure you want to do that?

Opening a door is a move action.


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 10 | HP: 104/104, DR 2/- | AC: 20/24 (Tch 11, Fl 19/23) | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +11 | Init: +6 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 50/40ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 3/7, 4th 4/5, 5th 3/3 | Charges: Armour 52/60, Chainsaw 9/10, Shield 9/11 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

"Something's attacking her! I think it's that automaton that Khonnir found!" Raktar exclaims, ready to jump in through the window to protect Val.

If Roga has opened the window on his previous action, I'll move into the room and hit the automaton. If not, I'll open the window and move in in front of Val. I'll roll my attack now for expediency's sake.

Hammer attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 5) + 4 = 11


Are you sure you want to do that?

That gets you into the room and it front of the robot. Which continues to ignore you and tear at the wall.

"Raktar?" Val squeaks, then looks mortified at how she sounds. You know Val likes being seen as a strong and independent young woman.


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 10 | HP: 104/104, DR 2/- | AC: 20/24 (Tch 11, Fl 19/23) | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +11 | Init: +6 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 50/40ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 3/7, 4th 4/5, 5th 3/3 | Charges: Armour 52/60, Chainsaw 9/10, Shield 9/11 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

"What's going on?" Raktar asks, his back to Val as he stands in front of her, looking much braver than he feels. The automaton seems to be ignoring him, for which he is very grateful.


Are you sure you want to do that?

"Bloody thing just woke up and knocked me on my arse is what's going on! Now stop it before it takes me house down." It sounds as if Val is recovering from her shock and regaining some of her normal fire.


Are you sure you want to do that?

I've just realized that it's not clear which round it is. It's now the 2nd round and those who haven't had an action can do so. The robot seems to be ignoring you at the moment, just tearing into the walls of the house.


Male HP: 22/22 | AC: 16 (Tch 13, Flat 13) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +1 (+3 v Poi) , R: +6, W: +4 (+6 vs. Ench) | Init: +3 | Perc: +9 (+10 v traps), SM: +7, DD +9 | Speed 30ft | Extracts: 1st: 4/4 | (CLW, Shield, Heightened Awareness) Rapier +5 | Light Crossbow +5 (5 bolts) | Inspiration: 4/4 | Buffs:

Seeing the Kellid man open up and go through a window and the barbarian open a door, Tybalt decided to take the most direct route to the problem. He struggled to lift a leg through, and stumbled in, barely catching the door's handle to keep himself standing. Focusing himself, he caught glimpses of a blond woman with strips of red on her cheeks beside the Oracle and a metal creature tearing apart a wooden wall.

"By the Inheritor, the automaton is functional!?" he exclaimed, his voice laced with equal parts dread and wonder. Realizing violence was on the horizon, he opened the door behind him to give his newfound allies a quick entrance and (if necessary) exit.

Move Action: Move into room through window next to door.
Move Action: Open door
Knowledge (engineering) check to identify creature

Knowledge(Engineering) + Inspiration + Heightened Awareness bonus: 1d20 + 1d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + (4) + 7 + 2 = 25


| HP: 61/61 | AC: 26 (Tch 17, Fl 19) | CMB: +7, CMD: 24 | F: +6 , R: +10, W: +6| Init: +5(+7) | Perc: +17 | Speed 30ft | Grit: 3/3 | Ammunition: 30, 30 Adamantine| +1 Double Barreled Pistol +13 (1d8+1/x4), +2 Inferno Pistol +14 (1d6+6) (10 Charges)| Active Conditions: None

Continuing to move, he squeezed his way past the one opening the door to head in and get a shot at the robot... only to find another door in front of him.

'Who puts a door in the middle of a hallway?' He thought to himself as he opened it with one hand while keeping his weapon in the other, coming face to face with Tybalt and seeing the bot behind him.

Move Action: Move around Roga and up to Hallway Door
Move action: Open door.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Tybalt.

Knowledge(engineering):

After his first expedition into the caves, Khonnir returned with a strange metallic creature he believed to be inert. He left the creature in his home, intending to study it later when he had the time, but he hasn't been back since vanishing below Black Hill. In the meantime, the creature, a low-grade repair drone robot, has been slowly rebuilding its drained power cells.
The repair drone is 5 feet tall and made of a gray and white metal-like polymer. Its three spiderlike legs allow it to navigate over broken terrain and rubble with ease. Its torso and arms and head are vaguely humanoid, with one blazing "eye" in the center of its head and a four-fingered hand on each arm. Bits and pieces of its chassis are missing,
exposing the delicate circuitry within, and it makes loud and tortured grinding noises as it moves, locked in it's programming and looking for something to 'repair'.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Figgy and Dilana still haven't acted, but I think we'll move on.

3rd round, the party can go.


Status: Mage Armor 9 Hours | Witch 9 | HP 37/55 | AC 18 | T 14 | F 15 | Per +2 | Init +9 | Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +10 | CMB +4 | CMD 18 | +3 Inferno Pistol 1d6 20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-4 DC22), Cackle (move), Misfortune (2 rnd, DC 21), Slumber (9 Rounds DC21) Flight (8/9 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 33/34 (CL1 - DC15) | Ray of exhaustion 16/18 (CL5 - DC16)

Sorry East Coast so was asleep :)

Round 3
Dilana moves in and gives the automation a withering look knowing that this has cause others to stumble in the past.

Move action though door and Evil Eye -2 AC for 1 round DC13 Will or lasts for seven rounds


Are you sure you want to do that?

Sorry Dilana, Robots are counted as constructs. So immune to all mind affecting effects such as Evil eye.

1 to 50 of 3,958 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To face a God of iron. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.