The Last King of Ireland

Game Master Amergin the Wise


1,901 to 1,950 of 2,904 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Male CN Bard (Brazen Deceiver) 5 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +3, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 22/28 | Mythic Power: 1/5 | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 0/2 | Active conditions: 0 Non-lethal Damage.

"That makes a lot of sense, Aoife. We should spread out. I'll take the left-most flank, maybe surprise them a little more."

Oh and how I shall, if I can keep eyes off me for but a spell! Haha!

Daire keeps the chuckle from reaching his throat, but in the darkness, his face lightens with a touch of glee.

He searches for a suitable hiding spot.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


As Thorun and Daire look for a suitable spot, Eoghan proposes that he and his kinsmen attack from the South, while the heroes of Largay strike from the North.

"We're less likely to get caught this way," he agrees with Aoife, "and if we split up, we're more likely to find our man on the battlefield. I'll leave one of ours with you, to identify Donegal."

With that, Eoghan and five warriors of Inishowen ride off with haste.

You may all look for a suitable spot – roll a Perception check if you have not done so already. And you may all roll a Stealth check!


Male CN Bard (Brazen Deceiver) 5 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +3, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 22/28 | Mythic Power: 1/5 | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 0/2 | Active conditions: 0 Non-lethal Damage.

Specifically, Daire is seeking some good cover and concealment. He has notions about using magic and he wants as few witnesses as possible, enemy or otherwise.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Female Human Fighter(Two-Weapon Warrior) 3/Brawler 4 AC 21, Touch 15, FF 17 | HP 53/53 | F +10, R +9, W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +11

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
*sighs* And we're back to this s#!&... Also if there are trees, I would Aoife to be up in the trees. After all we don't often look up.


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 4, Rogue (Waylayer) 1 | HP: 42/55 ( +5 mythic) |AC: 19 (T:14, FF:15) CMB: +7, CMD: 19| F: +5, R: +9, W: +3 | Init: +4(+1 surprise+2 woods) | Perc: +9| Speed 30ft | 2/26 breath

Agreeing with Eoghan, he allows him to stay with a hand-picked bunch of the most able and least wounded. "However, one condition, you be prepared to run like hell and don't do anything stupid. Muirchertach will need all the help he can get if he hopes to win, particularly if we fail." With that agreed he entrusts a message for Muirchertach with the senior warrior heading back, informing Muirchertach of the plan and the enemy numbers.
The soldiers gone, Ruadhán looks for two hiding places, one to leave the horses and Eoghan's man at and one closer to the trail to hide himself in. "Caelan, describe Donegal to us as best you can, then when you spot Donegal close by, point, yell out and then ride like the devil is chasing you, agreed?"

Perception for horse: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Perception for Ruadhán: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

All tests at +2 if any of this counts as woods.

Spotting a likely spot, Ruadhán manages to picket his horse in a Dell behind a false crest of the hills, out of sight of the road. The horse safely away, he pulls his mantle around him to hide the faded and dirty yellow of his rone, clutches his darts tightly in his shield hand and creeps forward to a spot close to the enemy's route. Years of practice allow him to find a spot amongst the heather and work pieces of heather in to his mantle, from where he remains silent and still.


GM:

Perception - Sister Cobhlaith: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Perception - Derry: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Stealth - Thorun: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Stealth - Sister Cobhlaith: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Eoghan and his men of Inishowen ride off to the North flank, leaving Caelan to describe King Donegal as a tall and dark-skinned man with a noticeable scar over his right eye, which he acquired fighting wolves or so the story goes. ”He’ll be wearing a chainmail and riding a large warhorse, so he’ll probably be quite easy to see from a distance,” Caelan continues. ”He’s bucktoothed and funny-looking, but don’t let his appearance fool you: he is dangerous.”

With that, Caelan gathers the horses and moves back while the heroes of Largay find suitable spots to wait in ambush. Ruadhan, Aoife, Daire, and Thorun spread out find cover behind rubble and undergrowth while Sister Cobhlaith hides a safe distance further away. Then, they wait…

Seconds seem like hours as they listen to the rumbling footsteps of the men of Derry, and to their countless horns and drums. It is impossible not to quake when facing the prospect of battling such an army and, for a moment, they all doubt themselves and this admittedly suicidal plan. As the fog lifts, they soon see the infantry on the march, as well as its vanguard. There are nearly five hundred warriors on the field and, even with the crushing blow that was dealt to the riders of Lifford, it is safe to say that the day is far from won. The enemy is six hundred feet away… Five hundred feet away… Four hundred… Three hundred…

Ruadhan is the first to spot King Donegal leading his men when the army is just over two hundred feet away. The vanguard is passing nearby, well within striking distance – dangerously close. The scouts still seem oblivious to the ambush, but they are so near and there is so little cover…

Ruadhan: please roll 1d2. If you roll a 1, Donegal and his men are on the South flank. If you roll a 2, they are on the North flank. Also, you may act.
Others: you also may act but, unfortunately, you have yet to spot King Donegal.


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 4, Rogue (Waylayer) 1 | HP: 42/55 ( +5 mythic) |AC: 19 (T:14, FF:15) CMB: +7, CMD: 19| F: +5, R: +9, W: +3 | Init: +4(+1 surprise+2 woods) | Perc: +9| Speed 30ft | 2/26 breath

Near or far: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Mentally cursing his luck, and realising he doesn't know the other leaders, Ruadhán scans the forces approaching. From his little space in the heather, Ruadhán's eyes flit over the mounted men, looking for the obvious wealth or poise that would suggest a leader of warriors. If he can't get the initial target then Ruadhán will do what he can to cause disruption and confusion.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Male CN Bard (Brazen Deceiver) 5 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +3, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 22/28 | Mythic Power: 1/5 | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 0/2 | Active conditions: 0 Non-lethal Damage.

Daire waits for a sign of Donegal.


Female Human Fighter(Two-Weapon Warrior) 3/Brawler 4 AC 21, Touch 15, FF 17 | HP 53/53 | F +10, R +9, W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +11

Unable to pick out Donegal, Aoife turns from looking at faces to seeing where the men are looking for their orders.


You may all roll Perception to find another target...


Female Human Fighter(Two-Weapon Warrior) 3/Brawler 4 AC 21, Touch 15, FF 17 | HP 53/53 | F +10, R +9, W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +11

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Human Barbarian (Superstitious) 7 AC 20, Touch 13, FF 18 | HP 105/105 | F +8, R +5, W +5 | Init +5 | Perc +12
Raging Stats:
AC 18, Touch 11, FF 16 | HP 119/119 | F +10, R +5, W +7 | Init +5 | Perc +12

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Not good. This is suicidal enough without getting nothing out of it. He growls but keeps his thoughts to himself as he looks for any other targets.


Male CN Bard (Brazen Deceiver) 5 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +3, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 22/28 | Mythic Power: 1/5 | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 0/2 | Active conditions: 0 Non-lethal Damage.

Daire keeps his eyes and ears open, eager for a shot and to get moving.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Hiding apart from one another, the heroes of Largay spy upon the approaching army with worried eyes. From this distance, Ruadhan sees that Donegal is on the northern flank and that they are not likely to reach him. But he cannot be sure that his allies have seen the man, and he cannot know what will happen next. He searches the troops for another target – an obvious leader – to no avail.

Aoife also is unable to find a worthy target and is concerned that all of this could be for naught.

Only Thorun notices a man who stands out from the rest – a soft-looking fellow who rides the finest of horses and is surrounded by a fair number of slaves and guards. The man and his counsellors are surveying the area and so, have strayed nearer the southern flank of the army. He may have an opportunity to strike, but he is still a good distance away…

The enemy army is about 200’ away. Thorun has spotted another target and can act accordingly. Ruadhan still sees Donegal on the North flank. The others have not yet seen either Donegal or another target.


Male Human Barbarian (Superstitious) 7 AC 20, Touch 13, FF 18 | HP 105/105 | F +8, R +5, W +5 | Init +5 | Perc +12
Raging Stats:
AC 18, Touch 11, FF 16 | HP 119/119 | F +10, R +5, W +7 | Init +5 | Perc +12

Thorun grunts softly and speaks out the side of his mouth. "Oi, you see that one with the pudgy face? Has to be some kind of officer."


Male CN Bard (Brazen Deceiver) 5 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +3, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 22/28 | Mythic Power: 1/5 | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 0/2 | Active conditions: 0 Non-lethal Damage.

"Let's get him.", urges Daire in a whisper.


Thorun crawls to Daire's side and points to the target. He looks to Aoife and Ruadhan and both understand that he has spotted a worthy prey. They grip their weapons, ready to pounce. The vanguard is now a mere fifty feet away, and the army one hundred feet further...

Daire: you may roll a knowledge check (nobility or local) to attempt to ascertain the identity of the man Thorun is pointing to.


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 4, Rogue (Waylayer) 1 | HP: 42/55 ( +5 mythic) |AC: 19 (T:14, FF:15) CMB: +7, CMD: 19| F: +5, R: +9, W: +3 | Init: +4(+1 surprise+2 woods) | Perc: +9| Speed 30ft | 2/26 breath

Ruadhán nods at Thorun's signals, doing his best to indicate the fact that Donegal is on the other flank.
Well at least we can cause a distraction at this end, maybe it will give Eoghan a chance

So the vanguard, is that a group of soldiers marching down the road? Or a skirmish line covering the sides as well? Would we perhaps be able to barge a hole to allow someone to charge through to the officer? Or go around the vanguard?
Also I am assuming the officer is with the army not the vanguard, is that correct?


Indeed, the chief is on the flank of the army, some distance behind the vanguard, which is a small group of warriors marching ahead of the mass.

Note to all: don't hesitate to ask questions! What you have in mind seems dangerous to say the least and I don't want you to feel that you are missing pieces of the puzzle!


Male Human Barbarian (Superstitious) 7 AC 20, Touch 13, FF 18 | HP 105/105 | F +8, R +5, W +5 | Init +5 | Perc +12
Raging Stats:
AC 18, Touch 11, FF 16 | HP 119/119 | F +10, R +5, W +7 | Init +5 | Perc +12

Like I said, can't wait to go out in a blaze of glory.

Honestly when it comes to killing an officer in the middle of his army, not only do we have to somehow get past all the bodies between us and the officer, then we have to get back out through the same bodies who are now prepared.

GM, roughly how far and how many soldiers are between us and the potential targets?


Presently, the vanguard is approximately 50' away, and the flank that you want to reach 150' away. If you allow the vanguard to pass – and if you aren't noticed – the flank could soon be within charging range. So, keeping in mind that there will likely be warriors between you and the man himself, getting near the target seems do-able...

Getting away, however... You can easily imagine that once you attack, you'll be surrounded, so you'll have to fight your way out before you can reach your horses.

Knowledge, Local or Nobility, DC 18:
The man on the South flank is none other than Nial MacLochlain, Conchobar's uncle!


Female Human Fighter(Two-Weapon Warrior) 3/Brawler 4 AC 21, Touch 15, FF 17 | HP 53/53 | F +10, R +9, W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +11

I'll point out reaching them is actually easier than one things. A bow and arrows make that much simpler. This also allows us to get away easier. Just like the assassin did for Conchobar. Shoot the arrows, get on the horses, run like a b!~!~. Because remember kids! A smart man knows when to run like a little b%!@+!

I should really put points into Knowledge local...


Bow and arrow is nice, but what if you miss? You may not get a chance to fire again...


Female Human Fighter(Two-Weapon Warrior) 3/Brawler 4 AC 21, Touch 15, FF 17 | HP 53/53 | F +10, R +9, W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +11

And the chance in melee in even worse.


GM:

Inishowen stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Nerves tingling and hands gripping weapons tightly, they wait and watch as the vanguard nears... Soon, the enemy is a mere thirty feet from their concealed position, with the bulk of the army just over a hundred feet away...

And then, all hell breaks loose! The scouts notice Eoghan and his men on the North flank and, seeing themselves uncovered, the brave warriors of Inishowen run forth, hoping to fell King Donegal against all the odds! Heedless of danger, Eoghan and his men reach the ranks of the North flank before the vanguard can halt their assault, and they find themselves facing a surprised King Donegal, along with insurmountable odds!

We told them to stay safe, both Ruadhan and Aoife lament, fearing that death may very well be a foregone conclusion for these poor souls.

You may all roll initiative and act in the surprise round!


Male Human Barbarian (Superstitious) 7 AC 20, Touch 13, FF 18 | HP 105/105 | F +8, R +5, W +5 | Init +5 | Perc +12
Raging Stats:
AC 18, Touch 11, FF 16 | HP 119/119 | F +10, R +5, W +7 | Init +5 | Perc +12

Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Well. Is what it is now. "I'll open 'em up." Thorun launches forward at an unnerving speed for a man his size, weapon rolling out over his shoulder in one smooth motion. Unlike his normal reckless abandon and terrifying war cry strategy, he remains silent. He's sure to be seen sprinting at the army, but he intends to alert as few people on the fringes as possible.

Thorun will charge attack the vanguard, aiming for the the most important looking person he can reach. Are we going to have a map for this encounter or will it be more cinematic?

Charge Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Damage: 1d12 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

If Thorun is attacked during the surprise round, his AC is 11. If Thorun is attacked during normal initiative before he attacks, his AC is 10.


To be clear: the vanguard is moving towards Eoghan and his men. You can reach it, but keep in mind that the path to the other target is now more or less open...

And this will play out as a more cinematic encounter!


Male Human Barbarian (Superstitious) 7 AC 20, Touch 13, FF 18 | HP 105/105 | F +8, R +5, W +5 | Init +5 | Perc +12
Raging Stats:
AC 18, Touch 11, FF 16 | HP 119/119 | F +10, R +5, W +7 | Init +5 | Perc +12

Am I correct in assuming that the other target is 100 feet away while the vanguard is 30 feet away? If that is the case then Thorun's action will remain the same, but he will make sure to position himself in such a way that he can charge the main army next round. Since he's a barbarian his charging speed is 80 feet.


We'll call it 110' for cinematic purposes, so yes, Thorun can charge the vanguard now and reach the South flank on the first round!


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 4, Rogue (Waylayer) 1 | HP: 42/55 ( +5 mythic) |AC: 19 (T:14, FF:15) CMB: +7, CMD: 19| F: +5, R: +9, W: +3 | Init: +4(+1 surprise+2 woods) | Perc: +9| Speed 30ft | 2/26 breath

Know local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23

Here come the Hail Marys!
Dart Attack 1: 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 8 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 2 - 8 = 1

Dart Attack 2: 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 8 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 2 - 8 = -3

Ruadhán's nerves are stretched tight like a wire and as soon as the commotion breaks out, Ruadhán is up and moving. Running forward he launches 2 darts towards the possible officer, but the range and uneven ground are just too much and he stumbles, almost twisting his ankle in a rabbit hole.

Moving forward 30 ft and rapid shotting 2 darts at the possible officer!


Don't forget that 1) this is a surprise round and 2) I believe that rapid shot requires a full attack action, which doesn't allow for more than a 5-foot step? Irrelevant given the extraordinary rolls, so I'll simply commend you for a great description!


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 4, Rogue (Waylayer) 1 | HP: 42/55 ( +5 mythic) |AC: 19 (T:14, FF:15) CMB: +7, CMD: 19| F: +5, R: +9, W: +3 | Init: +4(+1 surprise+2 woods) | Perc: +9| Speed 30ft | 2/26 breath

Ah yes, whoops. Got a bit carried away!


Male CN Bard (Brazen Deceiver) 5 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +3, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 22/28 | Mythic Power: 1/5 | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 0/2 | Active conditions: 0 Non-lethal Damage.

Apologies for the delay!

K Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

K Nobility: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

"Nial MacLochlain, you treacherous bastard son of a snake!", Daire roars as he moves forward and launches a sling bullet at Conchobar's uncle!

Move forward 30' in a fit of passion

Sling: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

A Blessed Strike?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Female Human Fighter(Two-Weapon Warrior) 3/Brawler 4 AC 21, Touch 15, FF 17 | HP 53/53 | F +10, R +9, W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +11

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Aoife's head snapped in the direction Daire moved and an almost righteous fury settled into her. If they could kill Nial MacLochlain, they win. Conchobar, Nial, and Mael would be safe from him for good.

Swiftly drawing both blades Aoife charged the usurper.

Charging attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 4 = 11
Crit?: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 20
Crit Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 4 = 7


GM:

Derry initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 4

I am going to play around with the surprise round and first round actions for obvious cinematic reasons…

As soon as their allies on the North flank are exposed, Thorun charges into the vanguard, hoping to draw their wrath. Decapitating an enemy with a clean cut, he opens a path to the South flank.

Then, Daire identifies their target as none other than Nial MacLochlain himself, casting a stone and striking true. The King bleeds… Seeing a chance to end this war once and for all, Ruadhan quickly throws two darts but misses. The battle will not be so easily won, unfortunately…

Finally, Aoife charges into the fray. Ignoring the vanguard, she rushes forward and, before he and his men can even react to the surprise attack, reaches the king. She cuts deep into Nial’s side and sees the fear of death in his eyes.

Thorun, Daire, and Ruadhan may now act in round 1 before MacLochlain and his warriors. Aoife spent both the surprise round and the first round moving and charging.


Male Human Barbarian (Superstitious) 7 AC 20, Touch 13, FF 18 | HP 105/105 | F +8, R +5, W +5 | Init +5 | Perc +12
Raging Stats:
AC 18, Touch 11, FF 16 | HP 119/119 | F +10, R +5, W +7 | Init +5 | Perc +12

Thorun watches the head fly off, blood spraying across his chest and beard. With the elemental of surprise over, Thorun gives a roar and kicks the decapitate corpse to the ground. Yeesss! More!.. Thorun growls and shakes his head, focusing on his allies. Aoife...Aoife... Seeing Aoife engaged in melee with some mounted man, he roars. No! Let me have him! With a thunderous cry he rips across the ground, tearing up grass and sod before crashing full-bodied into the man, like some sort of terrifying echo of Aoife's attack.

Charge Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Damage: 1d12 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

Current AC is 10 from raging, charging, and using reckless abandon.


The warriors of Inishowen are found out and charge the North flank, seeking to fell King Donegal. An instant later, the heroes of Largay attack the vanguard and the South flank.

And within mere moments, King Nial MacLochlain is dead, cut down by a slave girl and a hulking Dane. The King's retinue has not had time even to draw their swords, but their retribution will undoubtedly be relentless and bloody.

From afar, Ruadhan and Daire can plainly see that Aoife and Thorun will soon be surrounded...


Female Human Fighter(Two-Weapon Warrior) 3/Brawler 4 AC 21, Touch 15, FF 17 | HP 53/53 | F +10, R +9, W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +11

Am I allowed to act? Or well talk?


Male CN Bard (Brazen Deceiver) 5 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +3, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 22/28 | Mythic Power: 1/5 | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 0/2 | Active conditions: 0 Non-lethal Damage.

Daire stops where he flung the bullet from, watching in awe as two of his companions strike down MacLochlain in moments.

And now, to give them a chance...

In a flash, he draws his own blade and brings it up in arc, reflecting whatever light he can to draw attention upon himself.

"Men of Ulster, hear me! MacLochlain used trickery and deceit to fell his brother! Allied himself to the O'Neil's, sworn foes of O’Doherty! Leave these lands before more of you fall for a dead man's folly!"

Bluff to convey certainty of deceit on MacLochlain's part and sow dissession: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Diplomacy to give the King's guard pause long enough for Daire's companions to withdraw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

By the Father in Heaven, let this work! Or we will join MacLochlain shortly after!


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 4, Rogue (Waylayer) 1 | HP: 42/55 ( +5 mythic) |AC: 19 (T:14, FF:15) CMB: +7, CMD: 19| F: +5, R: +9, W: +3 | Init: +4(+1 surprise+2 woods) | Perc: +9| Speed 30ft | 2/26 breath

Dart Attack 1: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 2 = 22

Dart damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (2) = 6

Dart Attack 2: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 2 = 14

Dart damage 2: 1d4 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (5) = 10

Just about to run forward and continue the dart bombardment of King Nial, hopefully actually hitting something! Ruadhán sees the King cut down. Realising escape is now the key, he spins on his heel launching darts into the vanguard whilst shouting in the hope of Eoghan hearing. "The king is dead, fall back, everyone fall back "


GM:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Before the warriors of Derry even realize that their king is dead, Daire calls out to them to hold their blades. Many do. Some take Daire’s words to heart and heed his warning. Others are simply too confused to act one way or another. Others still choose to come to the aid of King Donegal who is fighting for his life on the North flank. But words alone aren’t enough to hold the tide of warriors rushing towards Aoife and Thorun…

Ruadhan casts two javelins in quick succession, severely wounding one of the king’s guards. Still, the wounded man attacks, along with his kinsmen. Soon, Aoife and Thorun are surrounded and fighting for their lives. Miraculously, the agile Aoife is struck only once. But unfortunately, the raging Thorun is not so blessed and pays for the murder of the king in kind!

Aoife and Thorun are surrounded by eight warriors, one of which is severely wounded.
Aoife takes 7 hp damage.
Thorun takes 17 hp damage.
You may all act.


Male CN Bard (Brazen Deceiver) 5 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +3, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 22/28 | Mythic Power: 1/5 | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 0/2 | Active conditions: 0 Non-lethal Damage.

Seeing the straits his friends are in, Daire continues his oratory, if more directed.

"Make haste, and break free!" , he urges.

And perhaps with a little extra woven into his words.

Inspire courage. Sense Motive dc 17 to realise that it is anything but mundane oratory


Male Human Barbarian (Superstitious) 7 AC 20, Touch 13, FF 18 | HP 105/105 | F +8, R +5, W +5 | Init +5 | Perc +12
Raging Stats:
AC 18, Touch 11, FF 16 | HP 119/119 | F +10, R +5, W +7 | Init +5 | Perc +12

Another body falls before Thorun. He didn't even see the face, but the ones around him seemed upset by it.

Good. Now he has a reason to kill the rest of them.

Thorun laughs as the attacks land on him. He takes an impaled blade and pulls himself closer to the soldier on the other end of it. "Yes, bleed with me! A vague semblance of a voice echoes in the back of his mind, seeming to echo something being shouted over the battle, but it is shoved down.

As Aoife is injured Thorun roars as if he was the one who took the hit. "No! I am your opponent! I am death!" He shoves away the man he had and turns with a vicious sideswipe that barely misses Aoife.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Damage: 1d12 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

Move action to intimidate the soldier wounded by Ruadhan. Attacking the soldier that wounded Aoife. Current AC is 12 from raging and using reckless abandon.


Female Human Fighter(Two-Weapon Warrior) 3/Brawler 4 AC 21, Touch 15, FF 17 | HP 53/53 | F +10, R +9, W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +11

Attack 1: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 2 = 5
Damage 1: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Attack 2: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 2 = 10
Damage 2: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

.... I just... *sighs* I cant win for losing! XD I was doing sooo good. Well I guess this is the trade off huh?

"Thorun, we need a way out. Think you can make a hole for us?" Aoife asked as she swung more blindly than before, while she didn't hit anything it was obvious that the true purpose of those flurries was to get her blades in proper defensive positions. Or do that I guess... She thought as he moved to cover her.

"All I wanted dead was him. He wanted what I hold dear dead. So I do not appologize for what I did! But I am sorry I had to do it." Aoife shouted to the guards before her. "I wish not to spill more blood if I don't have to, but know that I will! I've already taken a blade to the stomach once and survived. I was able to dodge most of your attacks. If God wished me dead, I would be. Keep that in mind."

Intimidate(aid to Thorun): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Aoife moved just enough for Thorun's attack to miss her but she didn't look away fron her opponents."Does the name Stiric O'Maolfabhail mean anything to you all? Know that you face the warriors who laid him low." Aoife said with a small smirk. True she had not been the one who removed his head from him, but she was one of the warriors to face him.


Waiting on Ruadhan...


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 4, Rogue (Waylayer) 1 | HP: 42/55 ( +5 mythic) |AC: 19 (T:14, FF:15) CMB: +7, CMD: 19| F: +5, R: +9, W: +3 | Init: +4(+1 surprise+2 woods) | Perc: +9| Speed 30ft | 2/26 breath

Sorry

Moving quickly forward, Ruadhán launches his last dart towards the melee involving Aoife and Thorun, but in his efforts to avoid his friends it flies wide.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 2 - 4 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

"Come on then! Face me as well!
30ft move and throw


GM:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 81d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 251d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

While Aoife fights to clear a path, Thorun cuts down another warrior of Derry. Together, the two heroes of Largay are a formidable force, but their enemies find courage in numbers and continue their attack, eager to avenge their fallen king.

Ruadhan rushes forth, hoping to draw at least a few away from his companions, to no avail. Aoife and Thorun both are struck twice...

Aoife takes 11 hp damage.
Thorun takes 18 hp damage.
You may all act!


Male Human Barbarian (Superstitious) 7 AC 20, Touch 13, FF 18 | HP 105/105 | F +8, R +5, W +5 | Init +5 | Perc +12
Raging Stats:
AC 18, Touch 11, FF 16 | HP 119/119 | F +10, R +5, W +7 | Init +5 | Perc +12

Thorun falters for a moment as more blows land, but after spitting out a globule of blood gives a grin through red-stained teeth. He meets Aoife's gaze, but the eyes she sees are not the one of her friend. Bloodshot and unfocused, their expression doesn't change in the slightest as they flicker over enemies and allies. A way out? Why would we leave? He laughs as he raises his weapon to strike another random foe. ...no...out...too many... Thorun growls, his face turning to a snarl as he suddenly twists and hacks at a soldier between them and the rest of the party.

Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Damage: 1d12 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27


Male CN Bard (Brazen Deceiver) 5 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +3, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 22/28 | Mythic Power: 1/5 | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 0/2 | Active conditions: 0 Non-lethal Damage.

Seeing that the king's own guard will not withdraw or helpfully die quickly:

I'd best use this sword of my own!

With a yell to warm the blood, he dashes in to strike at the back of Thorun's opponent!

Move, attack, provide flanking, continue inspire courage

Short Sword: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11

Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 4, Rogue (Waylayer) 1 | HP: 42/55 ( +5 mythic) |AC: 19 (T:14, FF:15) CMB: +7, CMD: 19| F: +5, R: +9, W: +3 | Init: +4(+1 surprise+2 woods) | Perc: +9| Speed 30ft | 2/26 breath

Now within range to charge in and his darts spent, Ruadhán draws his short sword and runs towards the thin line separating his friends from escape. As he runs, the blows his friends are taking drive him to rage and an almost inhuman howl escapes him. Crashing into the thin line he grabs the warrior in front round the neck and buries his blade in his back, driving it under the ribcage and up.

Attack Sword: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 29
Dmg sword: 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (2) + 1 = 11

Crit?: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 20
Crit damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

As the blade slides out of the warrior Ruadhán speaks, forcing the words out as if he has to pull back from some animal place "Who's next"

1,901 to 1,950 of 2,904 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Last King of Ireland All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.