The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


64,001 to 64,050 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1276 | 1277 | 1278 | 1279 | 1280 | 1281 | 1282 | 1283 | 1284 | 1285 | 1286 | next > last >>

Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

Tybalt smiles a bit more after what Arthur says.
Maybe he's not /quite/ so bad...

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

i love how Tybalt and Arthur are misunderstanding each other


Image
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:

Asha Soleil wrote:
Asha looks at the arrows curiously and then shrugs and decides to follow them. After all, she didn't have any other plans.
The arrows lead to a door on the second floor. The air is noticeably cooler near it.

Asha shivers. She was really glad she had the sweatshirt on, but still, this was decidedly uncomfortable. Comfort battled with curiosity for a moment, but in the end curiosity won and she knocked on the door.


Alreenneesha wrote:

lots of stuff

How would she even be sensing that? Kuros is a fair distance from Avalon. What's the range of whatever this ability is? I don't have an objection to her healing a few people who hadn't yet been reached by medics and/or taken to the makeshift morgue, but not sure how she would even know to go there.


Tybalt Baneko wrote:

"He seems to think he's Renkai's. Said he followed him around, but Renkai doesn't think he's his. He knows his name, but somehow he didn't give him the name. It's all kinda weird. Might be his and he just wanted to look tough. He's really hard to read."

The fish stick is kind of like fried sushi.
"C'mere, funny little ancestor."
He picks up Kizmetz and sets him up on the table, away from their food.
"Why's everyone beeping all at once?"

Kiz mewls and jumps onto Arthurs chest with a lot of force, actually tilting the chair back when the thirty pound cat lands on him.


Image

A very large mech landed in the square with a loud rumble, careful to land in an area that was clear of people.

"Fido," Jiminy said over the radio,[i] "the attacker is over there. He's down. Keep him alive if you can. I want to know why he did this. Once the prisoner is secure I want you to help clean up the debris."

[i]He was interrupted by a lightpost that had come loose from its anchors starting to fall towards a group of townsfolk hiding behind a wagon on the edge of the square. He leaped and shifted into his draconic form as he jumped, barely getting there in time to deflect the post from crushing the group.

"Owwwwww," he groaned, pinned down by the post that had fallen across his wings.


Image

They'd barely convinced her to eat anything, and Morrivan was definitely not in good shape. Ginni and Tamina debated in whispers for a bit, but eventually decided that for her own good they needed to take Morrivan to the infirmary. She didn't even argue when they suggested it. She just sat there listlessly until they practically dragged her with them.


Asha Soleil wrote:
Asha shivers. She was really glad she had the sweatshirt on, but still, this was decidedly uncomfortable. Comfort battled with curiosity for a moment, but in the end curiosity won and she knocked on the door.

Pyry looks up from his game and frowns a bit. He wasn't expecting anyone.

"Uh, excuse me. " He tells Hermes, getting up and slowly opening the door about halfway, trying to keep the cold in. He blinks in surprise at the strange new girl. "um.. Hello."


Male Half-fiend gestalt alchemist 16/ eldrich Godling 16
short description:
right arm red demon skin, left arm green scales, left eye red, right eye green, long, tentacle-like tail, forked tounge, small fangs and claws, wears shackles, has talons

settro scampers up to the beam, and tires to lift it of the ground, this tiny little squirrel lifting a beam off a dragon. He pulls it up a little back towards him, and holds to give jimney some room, and does his best to turn the object.
if he can't lift it, he ends the polymorph effect to do it.


Image
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
Asha Soleil wrote:
Asha shivers. She was really glad she had the sweatshirt on, but still, this was decidedly uncomfortable. Comfort battled with curiosity for a moment, but in the end curiosity won and she knocked on the door.

Pyry looks up from his game and frowns a bit. He wasn't expecting anyone.

"Uh, excuse me. " He tells Hermes, getting up and slowly opening the door about halfway, trying to keep the cold in. He blinks in surprise at the strange new girl. "um.. Hello."

"Uh...hi? I...umm...I'm sorry if I'm interrupting. I don't even really know why I'm here. I was just standing in the hall and suddenly these red and blue arrows appeared so I thought I should follow them and they led me here....ummmm.....I'm Asha, by the way. So you at least know the name of the strange freaky person who just showed up at your door." ^.^

She was shivering even huddled into her oversized pink hoodie, and her big blue eyes seemed to be trying to take in everything at once as she glanced around curiously.


Pyry is wearing somewhat loose green robes that have some faint scorching on them still, and what can be seen through the door looks like the typical Avalon default room.

"Pyry.. Um, why did the arrows appear? I thought they only worked for looking for stuff or someone. You look really cold. I've got a spell that might help..."


Male Dwarf [outsider] 16 warlock / other 16
Arthur Barren wrote:
Arthur raises one eyebrow at Carl "i thought you said you were doing a pub run, I told you, I'm not going to get drunk and therems nothing you can do to get me drunk"

"Nee lad ya have me wrong, looks like I need to do a run to the local town with some medical stuff, bit like the fake sun flights. Sam here says I may not need ta so asking Mel if we should, you know trying to help. Beer later, helping others now, hero stuff"

He smiles.


Female {REDACTED} {REDACTED}
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Nala put up her hands in a gesture of appeasement. "As you wish. Since you don't want me to examine your mind, I will not. Not without your permission. That does leave us with the dilemma of how to find a way to determine exactly what is going on without resorting to telepathy. I believe it is possible to configure the scanner so that we can use it to observe your brain waves. At that point we simply have to wait until such time as the other personality wakes up and see what changes there are to your brain waves. I should be able to extrapolate from that information to determine the cause of your double personalities. It's not as quick or as accurate as telepathy, but I respect your decision to refuse that avenue of treatment."

With Nala's acquiescence, Jessa is able to master herself and relax a bit once more. As she calms down, she takes a few steps back towards where she had been standing, "I would prefer not to have her come back, but she will. It will be pretty easy for you to tell, as she will probably be quite violent if you succeed at disabling the virus."


Image
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:

Pyry is wearing somewhat loose green robes that have some faint scorching on them still, and what can be seen through the door looks like the typical Avalon default room.

"Pyry.. Um, why did the arrows appear? I thought they only worked for looking for stuff or someone. You look really cold. I've got a spell that might help..."

"Oh! That would be great! It's a lot colder than I'm used to here and your room is pretty exceptionally cold," she said with a shrug and a grateful smile.

"And that's how I thought the arrows worked too. At least, that's how they were explained to me. But I didn't touch the wall, and there was nobody around. It was like the school was telling me to follow them...does that sound silly? I don't know. I don't know much. I spent my whole life locked up in a tower until two days ago. Ever since I got here I've been trying to catch up. There's so much I don't understand yet. But it's awesome here...Pyry...sounds like a firebird name. But then, I guess you wouldn't be so comfortable in the cold if you were...uhhh...sorry, I was being rude then, wasn't I? I shouldn't just blurt out everything that crosses my mind. Please forgive me."


Male Humanoid

Apparently, Carl headed off leading Tryko'Sam on a walk to where Mel and others were. Tryko'Sam didn't seem to mind the jaunt, walking was always fun.

Once they arrived, or as they were arriving, he stuck his hands in his pockets and raised one in a simple greeting, "'Sup, folks? Good seeing you all again."

After Tybalt asked his question, and after Arthur stated his comment with an eyebrow raised, Tryko'Sam replies, "Well, looks like some kind of brawl going on. Dead bodies-- wet, giant mech battling something or another, and a dragon just appeared saving some people. Magic thing, I guess? I think there's a few students there. Is this common? Just wanna make sure I'm not stressing the norm out, as it were. Culture shock and all... but hey, at least I'm dressed for the party, right?"

He grins at that, quite charmingly.


Image
Jessa Mar'Niell wrote:


With Nala's acquiescence, Jessa is able to master herself and relax a bit once more. As she calms down, she takes a few steps back towards where she had been standing, "I would prefer not to have her come back, but she will. It will be pretty easy for you to tell, as she will probably be quite violent if you succeed at disabling the virus."

"Oh, I think I can handle myself in that case. I have a few tricks up my sleeve," she said with a slight smile, walking over to a set of drawers and pulling something out. "Now if you wouldn't mind allowing me to attach these transmitters to your forehead? That will let the scanner continue to gather data no matter how much you move around. It won't hurt at all."

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

"Oomph... Heavy cat... fine I'll pay attention to you" He pets the cat on it's head


Arthur Barren wrote:
"Oomph... Heavy cat... fine I'll pay attention to you" He pets the cat on it's head

it nuzzles the hand of the half-forged human, purring like a chainsaw and batting at Arthurs nose... playfully, keeping its lengthy claws sheathed


Female {REDACTED} {REDACTED}
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
"Oh, I think I can handle myself in that case. I have a few tricks up my sleeve," she said with a slight smile, walking over to a set of drawers and pulling something out. "Now if you wouldn't mind allowing me to attach these transmitters to your forehead? That will let the scanner continue to gather data no matter how much you move around. It won't hurt at all."

Jessa looks skeptically at the electrodes, then glances at Ryuzo, and finally nods, holding stiffly still so that Nala can attach them. She does not look back to Nala until she is done and moves further away.

As some of her more acute fear symptoms abate, though she is by no means unafraid, it is starting to show that Jessa seems to have some trust issues with medical people in general, and women in particular.


Male Humanoid

Tryko'Sam gives the six legged cat and Arthur's interaction a raised eyebrow, saying nothing while watching.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace notices Ginni and Tami semi struggling with Morrivan, trying to take her someplace, it would seem. "Hey babe, let me help. I know a simple spell to ease transporting Morrivan" If she agrees, he'll summon a disk of force. Floating Disk He'll then assist getting the waterbender onto the construct.

"It needs to follow me, so uh, where we going?"

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

"Are all cats this energetic?... Not to mention heavy and loud?" From his voice he doesn't seem upset or annoied, but rather curious and amused as he continues to try to pet the cat.


Grushdeva du kalt misht
Arthur Barren wrote:
"Are all cats this energetic?... Not to mention heavy and loud?" From his voice he doesn't seem upset or annoied, but rather curious and amused as he continues to try to pet the cat.

do all cats have six legs? or thumbs?


Asha Soleil wrote:
"Oh! That would be great! It's a lot colder than I'm used to here and your room is pretty exceptionally cold," she said with a shrug and a grateful smile.

He casts a protective spell over her, warding off the chill of his room. Endure Elements.

Asha Soleil wrote:
"And that's how I thought the arrows worked too. At least, that's how they were explained to me. But I didn't touch the wall, and there was nobody around. It was like the school was telling me to follow them...does that sound silly? I don't know. I don't know much. I spent my whole life locked up in a tower until two days ago. Ever since I got here I've been trying to catch up. There's so much I don't understand yet. But it's awesome here...Pyry...sounds like a firebird name. But then, I guess you wouldn't be so comfortable in the cold if you were...uhhh...sorry, I was being rude then, wasn't I? I shouldn't just blurt out everything that crosses my mind. Please forgive me."

He looks down briefly and starts rubbing one arm.

"I.. I am a firebird. I'm just... really sick." He says softly. "I got left on a mountai to I wouldn't embarrass my family. I still don't want too, but... Well, I did ice the manor before coming back here..."

"Would you like to come in? I was just playing chess with a metal man named Hermes. It's an interesting game and I'm just learning so you could too if you want to."


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16

Vickory looked at the front gates admiring the work while listening to Tryko'sam talk. Overhearing that Tryko was headed for more trouble, Vickory decided to follow. Trouble is more fun anyway.

Upon arriving and seeing the cat, Vickory finally says something, "A treecat. I've heard about them. Never thought I'd meet one though, they come from a world with almost no magic, despite their abilities."


Male Dwarf [outsider] 16 warlock / other 16

"Right then, if we can get some supply's onto me ship I can fly Ye all there and ya can use it as a make shift hospital. But where we going at get stuff."

Carl asks


Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14
Silinrul wrote:
Silinrul's eyes go a bit wide at his sister's fierceness, and then he slowly gets up and gives her a big hug and kiss on the forehead "Ya know sis, you never cease to amaze me. Even after everything that's happened, you're still willing to stick up for me. I guess enrolling here isn't a bad idea, but it will have to wait till morning. I am beyond tired." He says with a weary laugh.

Ehos nodded somberly at that, agreeing whole-heartedly with Silinrul's assesment. With his datapad, he displays to the littermates: 'Jaiye's really good at sticking with people, even when they screw up really badly.'


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)

Was that a silent thought or a datapad comment? Sorry, not positive


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16
Voice of Awesomeness wrote:

Tyrrin was not close enough to David when the thunderstone hit him, so she was spared it effects. Thus, the unseen assailant was vulnerable to her counterattack. He suffers its full effects, which causes his invisibility to fall.

Lying there is a young man, around twenty two. Apart from his obviously magickal bow, there does not appear to be anything overly remarkable about him. In fact, its a little hard to focus on his prone form, as your mind is almost telling you to look away, there's nothing to see here.

For those present in Kuros when Tyrrin casts her spell, around where the assailant was springs up a dazzlingly bright aurora of colours. The colours are bright and intense, and cascade and scintilate and seem to even glimmer in the air. A pattern of shimmering and twisting colours from every end of the rainbow erupts on the roof. If one were in the midst of that colour, the sensory overload might simply knock them flat out. Which it seems to do to the assailant.

The twisting and vibrant pattern fades after about ten seconds, and dismissing her invisibility, Tyrrin closes the distance to the now frozen figure, her face a mask of cold fury, her right hand surrounded with what appears to be a deadly black energy...


Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14
Silinrul wrote:
Was that a silent thought or a datapad comment? Sorry, not positive

Datapad, apologies. Will edit to make it clearer.


Female Idyllkin Ninja 3/Marksman (Shroud) 3
Lang Fei wrote:

After hearing the decision. Lang goes and gives Sara a big hug of congratulations. He then turns to Midori to do the same, but he hesitates a bit wondering of it is ok, worried he might upset her.

Midori smiles happily at him and embraces him, wondering why Lang would hesitate so. He notes that she's still holding the flower in her hand rather delicately, and so the hug isn't full gusto.

Midori does, however, turn to hug Grim as well, smiling to him. "You might not have won Grim-kun, but you definitely brought the most firewood." she says encouragingly to him. "We'll have to give it to the temple after tonight so that it doesn't go to waste."


Ms. Rhys wrote:

Maya looks around for a moment, then says, "Well, I'm assuming the nature of the rooms technology, or magic if you prefer, has managed to severe the connection, or block it, while within the parameters of my request. If it is not a hardship upon you, splendid. Otherwise, I can simply end the program- or request the room to cease its effort."

She smiles briefly, not necessarily a beauty by any stretch, and certainly not flaunting her feminine wiles, watching as Vare sits down in a chair.

"If you wish to dismiss honorifics, I'm not quite sure what the social norms are here yet, that would be welcomed. My family name is Rhys, otherwise," she politely states.

"I take it you are not a student here? Have you been in this school for a while? You appear quite plugged in, as it were, to the going ons. I was an educator in my last profession, along with the occasional world saving from various menaces. Not quite sure...

"It is quite alright if the room remains this way. I wonder if it's effects might be extended to my bedroom. It would be a good deal easier to sleep at times." He replies conversationally, still apparently intrigued by this particular experience, still glancing around the room. "I wonder if the designer knew of the Dream and did this intentionally, or if it is somehow being overzealous in it's attempt to give you privacy. The latter is a somewhat disturbing thought."

"As you wish, Maya." he says to her comment concerning honourifics.

"I am a teacher here, as you guessed. I teach the Conjuration arts and related topics... and occasionally engage in protecting this place from threats, of which there are sadly many. I'm sure if you wished to slip back into your old roles, the school could accomodate."


Female Kobold with a mushroom hat |Dragonrider 3// undecided

"I'm not worried."
tarka puts the dead bird down anyway.


The Half-Alive Streets | Truth of the Seeker | The Sanctuary of Drowned Delight
Ginni wrote:
They'd barely convinced her to eat anything, and Morrivan was definitely not in good shape. Ginni and Tamina debated in whispers for a bit, but eventually decided that for her own good they needed to take Morrivan to the infirmary. She didn't even argue when they suggested it. She just sat there listlessly until they practically dragged her with them.

Across the infirmary as Ginni, Tamina, and Morrivan enter teleports in Vai, quickly pulling her hands away from the two adults she had seemingly brought with her. The adults are a human man and a elf woman, both blonde haired and... it's pretty obvious their relation, even at this distance. Having arrived in the receiving area of the infirmary, a beleaguered looking nurse hurries over, and Vai can be seen saying a few words to the nurse before the pair are whisked away to beds in the non-critical section, followed closely by Vai.


The Half-Alive Streets | Truth of the Seeker | The Sanctuary of Drowned Delight
GM Fireclaw wrote:
Ginni wrote:
They'd barely convinced her to eat anything, and Morrivan was definitely not in good shape. Ginni and Tamina debated in whispers for a bit, but eventually decided that for her own good they needed to take Morrivan to the infirmary. She didn't even argue when they suggested it. She just sat there listlessly until they practically dragged her with them.
Across the infirmary as Ginni, Tamina, and Morrivan enter teleports in Vai, quickly pulling her hands away from the two adults she had seemingly brought with her. The adults are a human man and a elf woman, both blonde haired and... it's pretty obvious their relation, even at this distance. Having arrived in the receiving area of the infirmary, a beleaguered looking nurse hurries over, and Vai can be seen saying a few words to the nurse before the pair are whisked away to beds in the non-critical section, followed closely by Vai.

And Ace, since he's with them.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

He nods to Vickory with a smile as she approaches."Guess he's not an ancestor from my home then. Plenty of magic there."
He zeroes in on the end of her tail, flicking back and forth, tracking it with his eyes for a moment before shaking his head and looking back to Carl.
"I think the infirmary might be short on stock after yesterday. We should maybe not take things from there, but outside of that, I don't know where we could get things..."


female human Witch 5 / Pack Lord Beastmaster 0.5

"You did bring a lot in. This is good for keeping it going, and you got the big stuff we needed." She smiles to Grim.
:)


Female Zif Wizard 6/Mage of the third eye 10

"Hmm. I'll try and put it in more easy to read terms."
riviarti takes out a new piece of parchment, and slowly writes on it, trying to make it as readable as possible.


Female Human
Adon Derro wrote:
Belyu Shardae wrote:


"Sounds like a smart back up plan, if you ask me. You'll either die because healing magic is useless or you starve to death before you can ingest enough to counter the effects in more extremem cases."

"There's no plan. I just got lucky, and I'm not starving constantly now."

"Oh, I didn't mean it was your plan, just the plan of whoever is behind my curse theory."


Male Firebird

"I'm not sure if the new set is better or worse than the original..."Pyyrhos says, mostly to himself.


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1

"Ah. Alright then. Whatever the theory is, it hardly matters, the reality of the situation is more covering then it's cause. I think."


Image
Settro wrote:

settro scampers up to the beam, and tires to lift it of the ground, this tiny little squirrel lifting a beam off a dragon. He pulls it up a little back towards him, and holds to give jimney some room, and does his best to turn the object.

if he can't lift it, he ends the polymorph effect to do it.

It's an amusing picture, a squirrel lifting such a large beam off a dragon. Though he doesn't have to lift it far. As soon as he gets the weight of the beam off of Jiminy's wing, Jiminy seems to sink into the ground as if swimming through it and is easily able to get out from under the post.

::Thanks, man. Appreciate it. It hit my wing just wrong.::

::Everyone okay?:: he asked, checking to make sure none of the townsfolk were injured by the falling post.


Oneiro sat in the library again and ignored the glares he got from the librarian. He was only doing research. No magic at all! He just needed to know more about a few possible locations....


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-fiend gestalt alchemist 16/ eldrich Godling 16
short description:
right arm red demon skin, left arm green scales, left eye red, right eye green, long, tentacle-like tail, forked tounge, small fangs and claws, wears shackles, has talons

"Squeak!"
settro rushes around looking for anyone else harmed, and trying to resist the urge to feed on the people afraid of the whole mess.


Female Human
Adon Derro wrote:
"Ah. Alright then. Whatever the theory is, it hardly matters, the reality of the situation is more covering then it's cause. I think."

"It's pretty interesting, and feels freakin' strange too, when it's used on you. Have you gotten bored of your usual food yet?"


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1

"Interesting is an understatement... never hurts to try new food."


Male Gian&Nero Half-Fiend Half-Celestial All Elf 3 cleric 3 wizard 10 mystic theurge / 8 fighter 8 gunslinger

"Ah, so he admits he doesn't know everything."
"Oh like you have any idea what it says. Any mage is like this. It makes sense to the person that made it. I'd like to see you figure out mine."
"The only reason I couldn't is because you can't follow a single spell formula without getting wrapped up in one of your stupid plans."
"My plans are not stupid. They'd work if you'd take that pole out of your @$$ long enough to let me finish one without you blowing everything!"
"It's not /my/ fault everything you want to do is wrong."
"I'm not wrong. You're the one dead set on making everything we do a f@#$ing charity case! All you want to do is blow spells on helping people!"
"That's what normal people do! Well adjusted people help other people!"
"Well adjusted my @$$!"
After resorting to yelling at himself, he draws his knife, pulling it into double revolvers, one of which he points at his own foot and blows a hole in, dissapearing to the infirmary.
There he continues to argue with himself, being sent by the school to an isolation ward of the infirmary where dangerous patients are kept isolated.
Alreen, this is you.


Image
Jessa Mar'Niell wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
"Oh, I think I can handle myself in that case. I have a few tricks up my sleeve," she said with a slight smile, walking over to a set of drawers and pulling something out. "Now if you wouldn't mind allowing me to attach these transmitters to your forehead? That will let the scanner continue to gather data no matter how much you move around. It won't hurt at all."

Jessa looks skeptically at the electrodes, then glances at Ryuzo, and finally nods, holding stiffly still so that Nala can attach them. She does not look back to Nala until she is done and moves further away.

As some of her more acute fear symptoms abate, though she is by no means unafraid, it is starting to show that Jessa seems to have some trust issues with medical people in general, and women in particular.

Nala deliberately looked away as she calibrated the scanner. "If it helps, I'm probably almost as scared of you as you are of me. Not because of the virus or your other personality. I have issues with being in close proximity with people...it does make being a medical staffer challenging at times," she said in a nonchalant voice.


Female Zif Wizard 6/Mage of the third eye 10

"Ooh. This is gonna be more fun then i thought... Hehe."
riviarti looks where lim-mor stood.


Image
"Ace" wrote:

Ace notices Ginni and Tami semi struggling with Morrivan, trying to take her someplace, it would seem. "Hey babe, let me help. I know a simple spell to ease transporting Morrivan" If she agrees, he'll summon a disk of force. Floating Disk He'll then assist getting the waterbender onto the construct.

"It needs to follow me, so uh, where we going?"

"Thank you. We're taking her to the infirmary," Ginni said, looking concerned.

64,001 to 64,050 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1276 | 1277 | 1278 | 1279 | 1280 | 1281 | 1282 | 1283 | 1284 | 1285 | 1286 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.