Talin-Garde's Demise

Game Master Jing the Bandit


401 to 450 of 1,153 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Human Magus 4 (AC 16/12 Tch/14 FF, HP 13/44, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +4, Per +8/10)
Skills:
Appraise + 5, Bluff +9, Climb +6, C(Weapons) +8, Dip +8, Fly +5, Intimidate +7, K(Arcana) +11, K(Dun) +9, K(Geo) +6, K(Hist) +6, K(Nobles) +5, K(Religion) +10, Linguistics +5, Per +10, S. Motive +9, Spellcraft +11, Swim +10

Godfrey arches an eyebrow as Ella gathers the corpses of the snakes together to be carried with them. Well, if that's what she prefers I'm hardly one to interfere. A few moments of frustratingly fruitless searching, Godfrey stands before the door tapping his chin thoughtfully. "I suppose this is our way forward, unless we wish to backtrack. I'm rather in favor of exploring onward until we hit a dead-end." Stepping up the barred door, Godfrey presses his ear close as he listens for anything from the other side.

Assuming I hear nothing and if everyone is ready, Godfrey will suggest going through the door.


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +11

"I am with you on that part Godfrey." Ileosa began. "I don't enjoy backtracking unless I must. A small pet peeve of mine you see." She explained as she made her way to join him near the door, she waited just enough to the side to be able to see in without being to noticable.


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 33/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Godfrey taking the lead makes sense to her, since she has taking a bit of beating these last two rooms. So Ella hangs back behind him and Ileosa, changing her hold on her spear to hurl it if necessary.

Can we direct Silas to look for traps?


Godrey opens the door and they make their way down a rather short hallway. The light leaking in from the former room offers some very minor light for which everyone to see if they weren't already illuminated by Godfrey's light spell.

At the end of the hall is another door, with another warning. There seems to be a pattern in place. Still, the party reads it before opening the next door. "Suffer not the fool. Stupidity is our faith's Cardinal sin."

Once the door is open, sits a podium. Upon the podium sits a pendant of silver, a dragon with sapphire eyes. Godfrey steps in but immediately halts the group and directs Silas's eyes to the stairs where something seems to be amiss to him.

The room, is surprisingly different than any of the others so far. The party enters from the north, in the center of the room was a podium, to the east a set of stairs most likely leading out. Other than that, the room seems much like the rest.

Silas taking his clue to go and look closer, moves into the room carefully and makes his way to the trapped stairs. A bit of careful jiggering and a small metal rod and the trip plate is secured from being able to be tripped.


Female Human Blood Summoner/Devil Binder 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 17 Touch 13 Flat-Footed 14 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Saves: Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +7 | Perception: +0 | Init: +3 | Status: -1 CON | Spell Effects:

Fool... stupidity... Senara considers the strong, almost reproving words inscribed above the entryway, and she can't help but feel there would be a much sharper reproof in store for them should they assume their lessons complete and try to return to the Cardinal with this particular pendant in hand. "How many of these trials have we completed now? Four?" Once she has the number confirmed, Senara gives a slow, disbelieving shake of her head. "Either we're very adept at choosing the most efficient path forward, or this was left here to mislead us. ...I'm inclined to think it's the latter." Nevertheless, the Lady would be remiss if she didn't consider the possibility that this may be the pendant they were sent to recover. Maneuvering around Godfrey once Silas has disabled the trap, Senara moves to stand a few paces away from the podium. After murmuring a simple incantation, she uses senses both mundane and magical to study the piece of jewelry in an attempt to determine its value. (Casting detect magic)

Appraise (Untrained): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 33/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Ella nods, both at Senara's math and assumptions. She gives the pendant a long look then hangs back to wait for whatever horror might jump out of nowhere, just a tad paranoid after the last two rooms.

appraise: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
keeping an eye out for monsters


Male Human Magus 4 (AC 16/12 Tch/14 FF, HP 13/44, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +4, Per +8/10)
Skills:
Appraise + 5, Bluff +9, Climb +6, C(Weapons) +8, Dip +8, Fly +5, Intimidate +7, K(Arcana) +11, K(Dun) +9, K(Geo) +6, K(Hist) +6, K(Nobles) +5, K(Religion) +10, Linguistics +5, Per +10, S. Motive +9, Spellcraft +11, Swim +10

Godfrey eyes the inscription above the door with a faint smile. Thirst of knowledge has led me here and it seems it has not led me astray. Sword in hand, he enters the door and glances around with surprise. "Four, yes. It does strike me as odd. It's a little too perfect." As he studies the room in more detail, he spots an unusual and out-of-place groove on one of the stairs. He points out the discrepancy to Silas, and watches with satisfaction as the would-be assassin disables the device.

With one last lingering look over the room, he approaches the podium and studies the amulet intensely.

Appraise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Heaving an annoyed sigh, he says, "Glass imitations of dubious quality. And certainly not the amulet that we are seeking. The silver may be worth something, I suppose. Let's be sure there are no other exits from the room and then we can continue on."

True to his words, he begins to sweep the room, starting in the west and working counterclockwise as he looks for any evidence of another exit. So west to south to east to north.


Sure enough, on the West wall even, lies a secret door. This door, leads into another hallway. After about 40 feet it turns to the east. However, Given that you have Silas checking for traps ahead of you the entire time, his hand notices a slight give on the wall where the path changes and you find a secret door inside the secret tunnel leading East....WHAT DO


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +11

"A fake, to make people believe they could return sooner?" Ileosa asked when Godfrey told them it wasn't real, or at least the gem within wasn't. "Or if you remove it another trap likely goes off. A fool would not stop to look or care after all." She commented.

When Silas opened a secret door, Ileosa applauded. "Well done, I think we should see where this path leads us. After all it was hidden, and you don't do that for just any path." Ileosa said.


Female Human Blood Summoner/Devil Binder 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 17 Touch 13 Flat-Footed 14 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Saves: Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +7 | Perception: +0 | Init: +3 | Status: -1 CON | Spell Effects:

Senara is somewhat less enthusiastic when Godfrey then Silas both discover more secret passages, her quiet sigh of irritation drowned out by Ileosa's applause. "A linear path from one objective to the next. Is that so much to ask?" At this rate, Senara thinks it entirely possible that the task could take them well into the next day just navigating all the hidden passageways they kept finding, a prospect that does not sit well with the Lady. But it isn't as though standing around complaining about it would get things done any quicker. Another more resigned sigh slips from her lips before she gestures down the newly revealed tunnel. "Your guess is as good as any at this point. Please lead on, Silas."


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 33/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Ella fishes out another piece of chalk and makes a mark indicating their path, since this hallway isn't bathed in blood.

Okay assuming Silas and Godfrey are in front at this point. Ella can bring up rear guard.

After waiting for the others to file through, she cast one last glance at a room with only a single trap and a fake pendent. "Seems too easy" she'll mutter than fall in line.


With some encouraging words and mild complaints, the party takes the western path into the secret secret door. A scant few seconds later the reach the end of the path and another message has been left for them. "Beware the fallen for they may rise once more to threaten you."

Silas double checks the door and nods back to the group despite the ominous warning that the way seems clear.

Once a PC chooses to open the door.:

This square stone room is rather "full" compared to most of the other rooms. Decorated around the room is eight battered, wooden, coffins (two in each corner). The wooden coffins are encrusted with salt brine, barnacles, and dried sea weed from a long life at the bottom of the sea.

The first step into the room, causes a low guttural groan and the creak of wood.


GM stuffs:

Nunyahbusiness: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 4) = 9

Once a PC steps into the room:

The creaking of wood quickly changes to the sound of snapping wood as surprisingly two coffin doors splinter with the rather surprisingly quick awakening of a single man from each coffin weilding an axe.

Ella Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Godfrey Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Ileosa Initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Senara Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Silas Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Kaellan Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Enemy Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Enemy Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Enemy Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Enemy Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

Banging starts to sound from two other coffins as the two free undead turn towards the party.

You enter from the North of the room. There isn't a lot of room to really maneuver without ending up on difficult terrain thanks to coffins taking up a lot of the floor space. Two of you can easily move into the room before you guys have to start figuring out how to spread out. As you enter the room facing South, the Coffin in the NW corner and the SE corner break open so you do have some distance between you and the second enemy but the NW one is pretty much right at the door. Ella and Silas you are up, then the two free Enemies and a enemy still breaking free. Then the rest, then another enemy attempting to break free.


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 33/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Undead... Ella mumbles the obvious. Another set of creatures she's never researched, 'Life' not 'life after death' are her topics of interest. Cramped room with many of her follow budding cultists in front of her... so instead of barrowing forward as she normally does, she hefts her spear for throwing and chucks the thing one of the axe throwers.

cold iron spear being thrown to creature she does not think is in combat yet and NOT raging yet: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
damage if it hits: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Triss's inspirational aura starts to fill the hall and room while Ella throws her spear ahead of them. The Undead turns towards them and the spear strikes true into his chest. He doesn't even seem to register the blow but with the force Ella threw it, she was sure it should have gone deeper.

Silas steps into the room and to the side, giving a swipe at the nearest enemy.

Kukri 1: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 24

Damage if hit: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Kukri 2: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 19

Damage if hit: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Confirm Crit 1: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 25

Crit Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

With two aggressive swipes hitting their marks, the undead creatures arms drop to the floor shortly before his body. He nods back to Ella for the assist.

The furthest undead charges forwards aggressively, axe high overhead and attacks the nearest person, Silas.

Enemy attack:

Greataxe+Power Attack+Charge: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 22
Damage if hit: 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 = 8
Fort save for Silas: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

The axe slams down onto Silas's shoulder leaving a large gash in his shoulder. Sloughs of skin and ichor fall off the creature upon the wound of Silas but he seems to shake off any effect. In the NE corner, wood begins to splinter as the axe of another creature starts to break through.


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +11

Ileosa looked around at the dead that slowly began to rise. Keeping a level head Ileosa reached out and touched Godfrey's shoulder. "A bit of luck, in exchange for your protection?" She asked with a small grin to him.

Even though it was posed as a question Godfrey could still feel the magic seep into his being.

Guidance for Godfrey!


Male Human Magus 4 (AC 16/12 Tch/14 FF, HP 13/44, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +4, Per +8/10)
Skills:
Appraise + 5, Bluff +9, Climb +6, C(Weapons) +8, Dip +8, Fly +5, Intimidate +7, K(Arcana) +11, K(Dun) +9, K(Geo) +6, K(Hist) +6, K(Nobles) +5, K(Religion) +10, Linguistics +5, Per +10, S. Motive +9, Spellcraft +11, Swim +10

Godfrey exclaims in disgust as the undead break free from their coffins and the scent of decay spreads through the room. "First snakes, and now the corpses of the dead risen again. Whatever next?"

As Silas begins trading blows, a sickly green glow begins to emanate from Godfrey's blade. He nods his thanks to Ileosa as he steps to strike at the undead with a whirlwind of attacks. He snarls out the words for his spell, "Tseykhn vi meyn hart!", as he swings and for those looking closely enough as serpentine rune appears flares on his sword.

Draconic:

Mark as my master's!

5 ft step up to whack the guy attacking Silas and use spell combat. Casting [url]Brand[/url] after attacking (effectively two swings).

K(Religion) with Guidance: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 = 23 What kind of undead are we dealing with here?

Normal spell combat attack
1h sword attack with spell combat/bard/arcane pool: 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 11
1h sword damage with bard/arcane pool: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 11

Concentration check DC 15: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 4 = 22

Spellstrike spell combat attack
1h sword attack with spell combat/bard/arcane pool: 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 25
1h sword damage with bard/arcane pool: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 11

If the 2nd attack hits, it takes an extra point of damage if it fails a DC 13 Fort save.

Edit: Confirm roll
1h sword attack with spell combat/bard/arcane pool: 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 18
1h sword damage with bard/arcane pool: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 12


Female Human Blood Summoner/Devil Binder 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 17 Touch 13 Flat-Footed 14 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Saves: Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +7 | Perception: +0 | Init: +3 | Status: -1 CON | Spell Effects:

Beware the fallen for they may rise once more to threaten you. "Would that someone had told me that a few days ago," Senara says, lips pursed in an unamused expression. Half-expecting the Warden to be waiting for a second confrontation in the next room, the Lady is taken aback by the briny smell of seawater that wafts from the open door—to her much more pungent than the smell of decay. "It almost reminds you of home doesn't it, brother? The salty sea air down by the harbour." Her small nostalgic smile fades as quickly as it appeared. "I always hated that smell."

As the enemies they were warned of rise from their eternal slumber, Senara considers what she knows about these undead as she conjures another orb of viscous acid, planning to loose it upon the first creature to burst free from its coffin.

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Readied Action — Inspire Courage, Ranged Touch Attack
Acid Splash: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 9
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Devil Eidolon 2 | HP 19/24 | AC 21 Touch 11 Flat-Footed 20 | CMB +5 CMD 16 | Saves: Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3 | Perception: +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Init: +1 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects: mage armor (2 hours)

A look of mild surprise crosses Kaellan's face at his sister's confession. Throughout all of their years of living in Eaglesport, all the walks they had taken along the shore, he had never known Senara so disliked the saltwater smell in the air. Though perhaps such surprise is unwarranted, as he is coming to realize his sister is not the woman he thought she was. A faint smile touches his lips as he refocuses on the immediate threat trying to break their way free of their confinement. Moving into the room, Kaellan quickly maneuvers around the waterlogged corpses cut down by his allies and those quiet coffins to stand before the southernmost coffin splintering under the force of its undead occupant's blood.

Double move.


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 33/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Enemies going down nicely and with teamwork even... Ella grudgingly sees the benefit of both practice and numbers. But it is not over if the loud bumbling attempts to get out of the coffins are any indications. The room seems crowded, the large woman thinks to herself still in the hallway. Best to stay out here. She draws a javelin but does not like the odds of throwing it into whirling bodies of people she is not trying to kill. Plus something went wrong with her last throw. Protective magic vs spears? Ella hates not knowing.

Instead she decides to draw on her mother's magic, the hag's evil eye. Holding it until a creature emerges then infecting it with doubt... if dead things can be infected with such. Still it doesn't run the risk of impaling Godfrey with a javelin. He does not seem the forgiving type.

Bloodrager Hag Evil Eye, will save DC14 "At 1st level, you can curse an opponent with a wicked glance. As a standard action, you can afflict one target within 30 feet that you can see, causing it to take a –2 penalty to AC and on attack rolls for 1 round per class level or until the target hits you with an attack."

Doesn't say anything about being an enchantment or needing eye contact but would make sense if you want to negate on either


Silas pauses and steps a bit further into the room but otherwise holds off on any action. A hand reaches up and out of the lid of the closest of the coffins but doesn't break free completely.


Male Human Magus 4 (AC 16/12 Tch/14 FF, HP 13/44, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +4, Per +8/10)
Skills:
Appraise + 5, Bluff +9, Climb +6, C(Weapons) +8, Dip +8, Fly +5, Intimidate +7, K(Arcana) +11, K(Dun) +9, K(Geo) +6, K(Hist) +6, K(Nobles) +5, K(Religion) +10, Linguistics +5, Per +10, S. Motive +9, Spellcraft +11, Swim +10

Grinning in satisfaction, Godfrey doesn't waste time gloating yet... but instead presses the attack while also warning his companions of their foes. "Draugr. Nasty undead, aren't they? It makes you wonder at the Cardinal's abilities. They're reanimated corpses so simply piercing them is ineffective without organs to damage and they're unusually resistant to fire. Try not to get bitten or otherwise mauled, as I seem to recall they've a particularly foul stench or miasma about them." Godfrey steps up to confront the draugr as they emerge from their coffins. If they get out before he can go...

He presses his assault, giving the creatures no chance to gain their footing. "Tseykhn vi meyn hart!" His hands glowing, he chops at the still trapped (albeit obscured) undead foes with savage strength. As ichor begins to fly, he dances back a step into a guarding stance. "To be frank, I'm surprised that the tome I gleaned all this from felt the need to point out that rotting corpses stink."

Draconic:
Mark as my master's!

5 ft up and use spell combat to cast Brand again.

Cast Defensively: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 DC 15

1h sword attack with spell combat/bard/arcane pool: 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 22
1h sword damage with bard/arcane pool: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 7

1h sword attack with spell combat/bard/arcane pool: 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 23
1h sword damage with bard/arcane pool: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 7

The first attack to hit causes +1 damage if the draugr fails a DC 13 Fort save.


Female Human Blood Summoner/Devil Binder 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 17 Touch 13 Flat-Footed 14 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Saves: Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +7 | Perception: +0 | Init: +3 | Status: -1 CON | Spell Effects:

Senara gives a slow nod of understanding as Godfrey's exposition jogs her own memory. She recalls overhearing back in Eaglesport snippets of conversation between some of the dockworkers, fearful of the men lost at sea returning as draugrs to drag the living to a watery grave. Clearly she shouldn't have been so quick to dismiss their concerns as the baseless superstitions of the unlearned, having little insight of her own now to contribute. Her concerned gaze flicks to Silas after Godfrey's last words of warning, but the assassin seemed no worse for wear. Excepting, of course, the large axe wound he sustained to his shoulder. Still... "Sound advice to keep in mind no matter the enemy, I'm sure." As concerned as she is for Kaellan's well-being, Senara has faith, if these creatures do carry some foul taint, that her brother's infernal constitution will keep him from succumbing to it.

Free action - Moral support. Otherwise no actions this round.


Male Devil Eidolon 2 | HP 19/24 | AC 21 Touch 11 Flat-Footed 20 | CMB +5 CMD 16 | Saves: Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3 | Perception: +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Init: +1 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects: mage armor (2 hours)

Kaellan's features pull back into a disgusted sneer at the rancid smell coming off of the grasping hand that reaches out from the coffin. Stepping around to line up perpendicular to the arm, Kaellan raises his own arms up before bringing his wicked claws to bear on the bloated appendage, trying to sever the foul limb at the joint. Despite his eagerness to return the draugrs to their eternal rest before they can threaten Senara, the devilish man keeps his teeth well away from the rotten flesh, unwilling to risk poisoning himself with their vile offal.

Inspire Courage, Power Attack
Claw: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 - 1 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 8
Claw: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 - 1 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 10


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +11

Move Action: Combat advice

"Kaellan, if you are going to rib them apart might I suggest you abandon the limbs and target say the head?" Ileosa asked before she looked to Ella. "If you're going to throw that thing I suggest aiming up a bit more." She told the changeling.

Both Kaellan and Ella now gains a +2 competence bonus on their next attack roll against an enemy


Godfrey slides up to the NE coffin and aims true, sending his blide deep into the whole the undead had created to stab into the creature. A low guttural groan is all you hear as it grabs the blade and finally hauls itself out of the coffin.

Godfrey, you shall have an AoO on him to hopefully drop him before he gets his own attack in.

If Godfrey's AoO doesn't kill the creature:

Greataxe to the Godfrey: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 1 = 24

Damage if hit: 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 3 = 14

Fort Save against Nausea: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Meanwhile, in the SW corner of the room, Kaellan attempts to listen carefully to the words of wisdom but the large wooden lid gets in the way of his first razor sharp clawed hand. The force of the blow upon the lid causes it to shatter before the second blow hits solidly.

If Kaellan doesn't kill his before the AoO:

Greataxe to the Godfrey: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 1 = 7

Damage if hit: 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 = 12

Fort Save against Nausea: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

I'm giving Kaellan the same situation, the Draugr has to stand up to get in a good solid hit so AoO for him as well.

Situational Nonsense:

Potential Crit on Godfrey: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 1 = 12
If hit: 2d12 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 8 + 6 = 24


Male Human Magus 4 (AC 16/12 Tch/14 FF, HP 13/44, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +4, Per +8/10)
Skills:
Appraise + 5, Bluff +9, Climb +6, C(Weapons) +8, Dip +8, Fly +5, Intimidate +7, K(Arcana) +11, K(Dun) +9, K(Geo) +6, K(Hist) +6, K(Nobles) +5, K(Religion) +10, Linguistics +5, Per +10, S. Motive +9, Spellcraft +11, Swim +10

As the foul undead creature tries to rise from its coffin, Godfrey spins his blade from its guard into heavy overhanded chop.

One AoO that hopefully nukes this guy.

AoO 2h attack with arcane pool/bard: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 25
=AoO 2h damage with arcane pool/bard: 1d8 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 15


Male Devil Eidolon 2 | HP 19/24 | AC 21 Touch 11 Flat-Footed 20 | CMB +5 CMD 16 | Saves: Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3 | Perception: +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Init: +1 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects: mage armor (2 hours)

Kaellan acknowledges Ileosa's advice with an assenting grunt before turning back to the reanimated corpse trying to stand up. Taking advantage of its prone state, Kaellan slashes at draugr's throat, trying to end this fight before it can find its feet.

Combat Advice, Inspire Courage, Power Attack
AoO: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Godfrey slips in front of one coffin, turns his blade downwards and slams it into the open hole of one coffin. He starts to pull the blade free as the undead grabs ahold of his arm. The force of attempting to pull his blade free causes the Draugr to burst through the lid.

It lets go of the blade and grabs the lip of the coffin, righting itself. It stands up and grabs its Great axe in hand and pulls it overhead. Just before it prepares to drop the axe down upon the human. He quickly adjusts his and slices upwards, cutting the creature stem to sternum. The life fades from it's eyes and the muscles freeze. Slowly the heavy blade of the axe causes the body to fall backwards with a crash back into it's coffin.

Down in the opposite corner, Kaellan with the expert instruction of Ileosa and the moral support of his sister, Senara, claws aggressively at the hand that burst free from the coffin. The first heavy clawed hand misses the flailing appendage, sending large chunks of old and decrepit wood flying. The second shears the arm clean off. The Draugr seems completely undeterred by it as it sits up. Kaellan, sensing an opening, flashes the claws of his right hand up and rips the esophagus clean off. The head lols for a second before the sinew and vertebrae only held together by the curse of death give way and the head rolls free. The creature, frozen in it's one arm seated position.

The party looks around, while not perhaps the most deadly, this was the most active room they'd been in. Silas slumps against the wall, holding onto the meet of his collar where the Axe head found purchase. Triss looks between everyone and nods before grabbing the unholy symbol from it's chain and a deep red wave of light flows forth from her bathing the group in it's "flame".

Channel Pos: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Seeing that the energy did more than enough, she nods to the group and leans against the wall acting smugly from the door from whence they appeared. After a quick look around the room, the party is certain there is nothing of value or secrecy in the room. There are two doors leading out of this chamber, one to the West and one to the East.


Female Human Blood Summoner/Devil Binder 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 17 Touch 13 Flat-Footed 14 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Saves: Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +7 | Perception: +0 | Init: +3 | Status: -1 CON | Spell Effects:

Once the last draugr falls and only the sound of heavy breathing reigns in the otherwise silent room, Senara—who spent most of the battle combating the nauseating odor issuing from the room with a hand clasped over the lower half of her face—hesitates at the door. "Is it over? By my count, that was only four draugr and there are eight coffins in the room," she points out. "Should we check the others?" Senara asks, concerned about leaving themselves open to an attack from the rear if there are others waiting to rise.

Only once the rest of the room has been searched does Senara step foot inside. Taking note of the exits, the noblewoman woman attempts to find her bearings, fails, then resolves to let someone else figure out where they are in relation to where they've been. Meanwhile, she ponders the lesson that this chamber was meant to impart. "I recall reading somewhere about certain types of undead that never experience a final death. They just return to unlife some time after seemingly being destroyed." Turning to the one more learned about the undead than herself, Senara asks Godfrey, "Draugr aren't known to come back again, are they?"


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 33/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

"I have no idea." Ella admits in a tone that speaks to how much she doesn't like her ignorance. The walks into the room grabs her spear and makes sure to cave in the head of each and every undead skull that has not been caved yet, just to be certain. As Triss's deep red energy washes over her, knitting the last of her wounds, she nods to the drow in thanks.

Ella looks to Silas in question to see if their trapfinder has done his duty.


Male Human Magus 4 (AC 16/12 Tch/14 FF, HP 13/44, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +4, Per +8/10)
Skills:
Appraise + 5, Bluff +9, Climb +6, C(Weapons) +8, Dip +8, Fly +5, Intimidate +7, K(Arcana) +11, K(Dun) +9, K(Geo) +6, K(Hist) +6, K(Nobles) +5, K(Religion) +10, Linguistics +5, Per +10, S. Motive +9, Spellcraft +11, Swim +10

Still at 23/23 HP, unless I've misread something somewhere.

Breathing heavily, Godfrey scowls as ichor from the draugr fouls his blade and fills the room with its sickly stench. Still in a foul humor despite their success, he answers Senara's question tersely, "Might as well check them all, I suppose. They can't rise again without intervention from a caster who can repair the damage to the corpse and reanimate them again. The negative energy binding them would have dissipated with their destruction and they cannot be re-infused with more while in pieces."

After a short search, he continues, "I think there's nothing more to be found here. Let's continue, assuming it's safe to do so. I'm afraid I've lost all sense of direction in the twisting and turning." His eyes flicker to Silas and Ileosa, "Perhaps one of you have an idea where we ought to be going?"


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +11

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Ileosa raised an eyebrow at Godfrey. "What would make you think I know anything about this place? My guess is about as good as anyones here since none have been here before." She pointed out. "That said, I say we go to the left." Ileosa motioned to the west door. "Unless others really don't want to."


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +11

"Although if we go East we'll likely run into the roon this one helped us bypass. So there is that. Also those creatures aren't getting back up. They're done for good at the moment." Ileosa explained.


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 33/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

"So West" Ella states the obvious, then will lead the procession to the next lesson, searching for traps as she slowly moves forward.


Provided that the rest of the party follows Ella's "command" and open the door...The party finds itself down a shorter corridor than those leading to previous rooms. Within seconds they have made it to the doro to the next room. The door is wooden and reinforced with iron bands. On the exterior (your side) is a well oiled and fine condition lock. However, before Silas starts breaking out the tools, it becomes quickly apparent that there is a key simply hanging off a hook on the wall beside you.

The Inscription above the door reads "Serve thy master well and be rewarded."

Once the party chooses to unlock the door and open it:

Inside the "cell" sits a man in tested armor. It is clear by the tabard upon him and the crest upon his shield that he is a knight. He appears to have heard the commotion and as the door creaks open you get a glimpse of him standing up from his chair and grabbing his shield and blade. He backs himself up into a defensible position as he watches the group opening the door. He speaks "I demand to know why I'm here. You will release me at once, so that I might return to searching for my Squire." he says in an authoritative voice.


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +11

Wisdom Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

"Your Squire?" Ileosa asked with a slight raise of an eyebrow. "Who is your Squire?" She added in a type of jest. "Oh but hold a moment, we've met before haven't we?" She said with a small chuckle. "Oh yes, I know you."

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Ileosa, trying to play off like an old friend however seems just a bit too giddy to see this man here.


Male Human Magus 4 (AC 16/12 Tch/14 FF, HP 13/44, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +4, Per +8/10)
Skills:
Appraise + 5, Bluff +9, Climb +6, C(Weapons) +8, Dip +8, Fly +5, Intimidate +7, K(Arcana) +11, K(Dun) +9, K(Geo) +6, K(Hist) +6, K(Nobles) +5, K(Religion) +10, Linguistics +5, Per +10, S. Motive +9, Spellcraft +11, Swim +10

I suspect Godfrey would err on the side of not having something for an opponent to easily grab that's hanging around his neck. Let's call it a 75% chance. 1-3 = his holy symbol is hidden. 4 = it isn't.

Chance: 1d4 ⇒ 1 Edit: Hidden it is.

Godfrey nods his agreement with Ella and then takes point again. The magus eyes the door, then the key, with a interest. "A key on this side. The door itself is not an impediment. I suppose that would be on the other side." He draws his sword as the door swings open and steps into the room ready for a fight.

Knowledge(Nobility): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Edit: The Court was a bunch of feckless fops anyway. No need to know who they are.

Surprised to see a Mitran here, of all places, Godfrey steps to the side and lowers his sword to rest point first on the ground. He doesn't release his grip, but he doesn't brandish his weapon either. He asks in a deliberately casual voice, "A friend of yours, I take it? Always a welcome thing to find a friend in such hellish places. I'm afraid I've not had the pleasure of making your acquaintance, Master....?" He trails off meaningfully as he studies the Mitran.

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Pass secret message to be clear I don't think this guy is a friend. DC probably 15 as this seems simple?
Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Make nice to our vic-... newfound friend!


Female Human Blood Summoner/Devil Binder 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 17 Touch 13 Flat-Footed 14 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Saves: Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +7 | Perception: +0 | Init: +3 | Status: -1 CON | Spell Effects:

Wisdom Check: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Senara's eyes go wide with recognition when she sees the man waiting behind the door. He was the same man who had dealt Kaellan what would have otherwise been a mortal blow, banishing him back to the nether the very night she had brought him back to life. His was the last face that she saw sneering down at her before she was clapped in irons and sent off to Branderscar. Senara would never forget his face, but the same, she realizes as his eyes briefly meet hers before taking in the rest of the group, cannot be said for him. It's an insult that demands correcting, but her wounded pride and desire for vengeance will have to wait until whatever scheme her fellow pactmates have concocted has played out, it seems.

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Gah, we are the worst actors ever!

Deciding to play along for now, Senara does her best impression of a distressed damsel, her hand coming up to rest delicately on her throat, ostensibly to help calm her frayed nerves. "Don't be silly," she gently chides Ileosa in a breathless voice. "Just because you know of the man doesn't mean you know him." Her eyes flick over to the knight, her glance both shy and hopeful. "You are Sir Balin of Karfeld, are you not?"


Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18

Wisdom check to remember: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

Sir Balin started to offer his name but then Senara spoke up and he nodded. "This woman has the right of it. I am Sir Balin of Karfeld...though I know not how I got here. I was in pursuit of a priest of Asmodeus but that is the last I remember. My squire, poor young Timeon, is missing. I pray that his cowardice has actually proven a gift this time and that he did not fall victim to whatever I have." he said looking between the people present with suspicion in his eyes.

While he knew not who these people were in front of them, he could smell the lies and subtle falsehoods. "While it is perhaps smart to not trust someone you first met, I assure you I am a just and honorable man. But you betray your feelings, I know not what falsehoods you offer or why you feel the need to present them if you know who I am..." he says, his sword lowered but still readied from practice.


Female Human Blood Summoner/Devil Binder 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 17 Touch 13 Flat-Footed 14 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Saves: Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +7 | Perception: +0 | Init: +3 | Status: -1 CON | Spell Effects:

Senara nods like a doe-eyed maiden as Sir Balin assures her and her companions of his gallantry, thinking the surely simpleminded knight is hopelessly falling for their ploy. She doesn't need to feign surprise when he dashes her expectations by blatantly telling them that he sees through their deception. She shares a look with the other members of the pact, wondering if they care to continue the charade or if they planned to answer the man with violence. She assumes they've settled on the former when no one moves to strike him and quickly tries to change tactics. The air of innocence she had tried to cultivate dissipates and the young woman instead tries to channel her surprise into a feeling of palpable desperation. "...It's true. We were trying to deceive you," she admits, turning a piteous look on Sir Balin.

"We feared you would not help us if you knew who we truly were. We are—were—sworn into the service of the same priest you spoke of. He came to each of us with promises of wealth and power and we, weak and foolish, allowed him to tempt us from the path of righteousness. But the things he's done, the things he plans to do... We couldn't go through with it! We planned to lead the knights of your order here so they could bring him to justice, but when he learned of our plot, he left us down here to die."

Senara holds her hands up, fingers interlaced in supplication. "Please! Help us escape this horrible place and we swear to tell the authorities everything we know about his schemes and who he's working with."

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 - 10 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 10 = 1


Sir Balin was taken aback by their words and pleas. His blade sank lower in the ground and it was evident the chivalrous nature of the knight was welling forth.

He nodded politely towards Senara and moved towards her lay a comforting hand upon her shoulder when he suddenly went pale and his eyes widened at a spectre of the past. He jumped back and his grip on the blade tightened to almost the full whitening of his fingers. "Foul devil, there is no way you survived. Your visage can only be the mark of a devil's work himself. I'll not be fooled into helping one of his kind!!!" he said as his blade came up and pointed at Kaellan over his shield!

Ella Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Godfrey Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Ileosa Initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Senara Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Silas Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Kaellan Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Sir Balin Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +11

"You really are such a fool." Ileosa said. "You could have played along and got us to drop our guard yet you had to take the valiant route." She told him with a shake of her head. "Suffer for it."

Ileosa inhaled before letting out a rather loud scream that only the knight could hear.

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Save DC is 14, is he fails he is Dazed and takes full damage but if he saves he only takes half.


Fort save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Male Human Magus 4 (AC 16/12 Tch/14 FF, HP 13/44, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +4, Per +8/10)
Skills:
Appraise + 5, Bluff +9, Climb +6, C(Weapons) +8, Dip +8, Fly +5, Intimidate +7, K(Arcana) +11, K(Dun) +9, K(Geo) +6, K(Hist) +6, K(Nobles) +5, K(Religion) +10, Linguistics +5, Per +10, S. Motive +9, Spellcraft +11, Swim +10

"A pity. I was rather looking forward to slipping a blade between your ribs. Now we'll just have to draw it out." Godfrey's predatory smile as he raises his blade in a mock salute leaves little doubt what he has in mind. As he drops into a fighting stance, he barks in the harsh Draconic tongue, "Shild!" An ephemeral shield manifests hovering a foot in front of Godfrey. As he begins to slowly step forwards towards the knight, the shield moves with him seemingly of its own accord. A flicker of hand gestures and the magus' sword being to glow with a sickly green light.

Draconic:
Shield!

Cast shield as a standard action, swift action activate arcane pool to give my sword a +1/+1 enhancement. Stay with the rest of the group rather then move to engage.

AC 20


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 33/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

No more words, the giant woman smiled at the thought, and throws her spear at the knight with all her might.

spear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Though she might have been a little over zealous, both telegraphing her throw and missing the board side of a barn as well. A disappointed grunt is all she betrays her feelings about her ability there, as she moves up to stand ready to charge with Godfrey.


Male Devil Eidolon 2 | HP 19/24 | AC 21 Touch 11 Flat-Footed 20 | CMB +5 CMD 16 | Saves: Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3 | Perception: +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Init: +1 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects: mage armor (2 hours)

Kaellan finds himself instinctually stepping forward as the knight looks poised to lay a hand on Senara, hellish red eyes glaring daggers at Sir Balin. Despite being the cause of his sister and their companions' deceitful plan unravelling, Kaellan can't bring himself to feel bad about it. For too long he had been kept apart from Senara, both of them forced to endure such indignities without one another—she while en route to and within the walls of Branderscar and he while banished to the nearest reaches of Hell—thanks to the man before him. He had promised Senara that fateful night that they would have their revenge on those who would try to keep them apart. Little did he know he would be able to begin fulfilling that promise so soon. "On the contrary, you would be surprised to learn how much is possible when you abandon your false gods and turn to Asmodeus," Kaellan answers in a dark, silky tone as he comes to stand between the knight and Senara.

"It isn't too late to learn. Renounce your faith. Forsake Mitra as he has clearly forsaken you and pledge your life to the service of The First. Refuse and learn the hard way what rewards await those who blindly follow The Shining Lord... when nothing but darkness greets you in the next life," he promises.

Readied Action:
Kaellan will wait until Sir Balin refuses his offer, by word or by action, before striking.

"A pity," Kaellan says, although the sharp grin he gives the man suggests he thinks it's anything but. "You would have made a worthy soldier in the coming war. But you can still be of use. The new Kingdom, Asmodeus's Kingdom, will have to be built upon the bodies of all you Mitran fools who refuse to submit to His divine will. Your corpse will have the honor of being the first, the start of the foundation upon which we will build a great nation." Kaellan prowls toward the knight as he delivers his monologue, abruptly and brutally lashing out at the other's neck with a clawed hand as he nears the end of his speech.

Power Attack
Claw: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 1 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8


Female Human Blood Summoner/Devil Binder 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 17 Touch 13 Flat-Footed 14 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Saves: Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +7 | Perception: +0 | Init: +3 | Status: -1 CON | Spell Effects:

Senara has to force herself to hold still as Sir Balin's gauntleted hand rises as if to drape over her slender shoulder. The gesture is thankfully aborted and as the knight's outburst drives away any hope of luring him into a false sense of security, Senara drops her tearful act with a devious smirk. "So you do remember some of the faces of the people whose lives you destroy," she says, not letting the slight the man's forgetfulness had caused her to go without comment. As Kaellan moves to interpose himself between her and the doomed knight, Senara runs her hand down the hard planes of her brother's back, murmuring something in Hell's tongue as she infuses him with but a fraction of The Archstar's favor. "If it's any consolation, Sir Balin," Senara begins, turning and moving toward the door to cede the room to her more martial allies. "I won't soon forget your face after you're gone." (Casting guidance on Kaellan and moving to the doorway.)


Sir Balin snarls at Kaellan's words, his eyes wincing from slight pain from an unknown noise. he shakes it off "Mitra will protect me!" he shouts to ward off the pain as the "demon" steps up and finds purchase with it's claws.

He moves in and finds a position to face the two men in front of him and raises his longsword high, only to drop it down a diagonal manner and jerking it straight across in an attempt to get both men!

Evil Sir Balin stuff:

Cleaving attack on Kaellan: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Damage if hit: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Strike on Godfrey if attack on Kaellan hits: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Damage if hit: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Potential Crit on Kaellan: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Crit Damage if Confirmed: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Potential Crit on Godfrey: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Crit Damage if Confirmed: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

The blade connects heavily on both men, leaving a large gash across both their chests!

The effort leaves him off-balance a bit and his shield sticks not quick in it's trained position.

10 Damage to Kaellan and a whopping 15 to Godfrey.

Triss looks slightly alarmed at the situation and pulls out her unholy symbol. She backs up enough and fires off a burst of healing energy.

Channel Pos: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +11

"If your precious Mitra really cared than you wouldn't be here right now." Ileosa pointed out as she moved behind Godfrey and placed her hand upon his back to channel healing energy into him.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Now please don't make this take long. It really is a waste of our time." She commented.


Male Devil Eidolon 2 | HP 19/24 | AC 21 Touch 11 Flat-Footed 20 | CMB +5 CMD 16 | Saves: Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3 | Perception: +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Init: +1 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects: mage armor (2 hours)

Surprise flickers across Kaellan's face as Balin's blade slices through his sister's protective enchantment and the better part of his torso. He didn't recall the knight as being quite so formidable a combatant the last time they faced. Nonetheless, as the infernal energy Triss summons washes over him stitching together the worst of the mess that had been made of his shoulder, the devilbound man presses the attack. "Mitra will not find you down here. No one will," he taunts, coming around to the knight's flank before lashing out at his vulnerable parts with claw and maw.

Guidance (1st attack), Power Attack
Claw: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 - 1 = 25
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7
Claw: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 1 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8
Bite: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 1 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

Claw (Crit Confirm): 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 1 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

401 to 450 of 1,153 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Talin-Garde's Demise All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.