Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


16,151 to 16,200 of 16,204 << first < prev | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | next > last >>

Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Indeed, to the abyss with you, foul undead monstrosity !"

Once again, white red light erupts from the head of Karnogs hammer, surrounding the area with positive energy.

Channel Energy, DC 19 will for half: 8d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 2, 4, 6, 1, 3, 2) = 27


Evil GM

Even with a successful save the spectre is going to be destroyed.

A powerful channel of positive energy washes over the spectre and dissipates with an echoing rumble. the temple itself seems to shimmy with the release of the undead spirit. Thereafter there is silence.

What is everyone doing?


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
baldwin the merciful wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

[dice=Nym Damage]1d6

gm:
Is the damage actully acid? Also if this allows me to drop it then I will.

Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Where is the altar? Someone, everyone, look for the locus of the demon prince's influence. I can limit its pull on this plane, and reduce the evil of this place, once we find it."

Karnog does exactly that, relying on the others to use potions or other such items to patch up any wounds.

Perception: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (12) + 27 = 39


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim Detects Magic.


Evil GM

Nym:
]yes it is acid damage. If elemental form prevents you from dropping it then you can't. I haven't looked at the rule for elemental form. Unless you change back to your natural form.


Evil GM

Karnog the altar is in the back of the temple where the star is located on the map. There is a statue of Orcus.

Desmond you notice the statue at the back of the room has two gigantic fire opals for eyes valued at 25,000 GP each and there is a golden basin valued at 3000 GP that could be melted down and sold as bullion. There are blood stains all over the basin. You also notice remnants of the high priest on the platform and some gear: a heavy mace, heavy shield, a ring, a mantle, and breast plate all seem to have survived the explosion and the unholy damage.

Kalim there is quite a bit of magic in the temple. There are 6 magic maces, 6 heavy shields and 18 potions that are with priests leaders. You'll have to spend time walking around the temple to get any other magic or to determine what the items are. Although you suspect the high priest that exploded by Desmond had magic items (you need to explore the platform though).

There were 21 acolytes each has masterwork gear: heavy maces, 3 vials of unholy water, unholy symbols of orcus, chainmail, light steel shields.


Evil GM

There is a door (AP 67) and you all do find a secret door (AD 75)

UPDATED MAP


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

If everything is dead Nym releases his elemental body and pit.

Nym walks over to Grungsdi and throws the gem down. "Plēāsê şmāsh."


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

The Vrock is Still up. Maybe a Grungsi full attack will work? I can smite it next round but will only get a single attack as I need to pull a bow.


Evil GM

The Vrock is down, I just forgot to remove it from the map.


Evil GM
baldwin the merciful wrote:


Kalim there is quite a bit of magic in the temple. There are 6 magic maces, 6 heavy shields and 18 potions that are with priests leaders. You'll have to spend time walking around the temple to get any other magic or to determine what the items are. Although you suspect the high priest that exploded by Desmond had magic items (you need to explore the platform though).

There were 21 acolytes each has masterwork gear: heavy maces, 3 vials of unholy water, unholy symbols of orcus, chainmail, light steel shields.

Loot update:

The 6 maces and heavy shield are +1. The potions are cure moderate.


Evil GM
baldwin the merciful wrote:


Desmond you notice the statue at the back of the room has two gigantic fire opals for eyes valued at 25,000 GP each and there is a golden basin valued at 3000 GP that could be melted down and sold as bullion. There are blood stains all over the basin. You also notice remnants of the high priest on the platform and some gear: a heavy mace, heavy shield, a ring, a mantle, and breast plate all seem to have survived the explosion and the unholy damage.

These items need to be identified.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"We should carefully remove the implements of worship and sacrifice. No telling what us cursed and will harm goodly men, dwarves, or elves. Once we've completed that, I can consecrate this place and remove the demon princes eyes and hands on this level."


Evil GM

Karnog you can see that the fire opal gems (eyes) can be pried out of the statue and you suspect that this is proper thing to do to begin the consecration process.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:
"We should carefully remove the implements of worship and sacrifice. No telling what us cursed and will harm goodly men, dwarves, or elves. Once we've completed that, I can consecrate this place and remove the demon princes eyes and hands on this level."

As Karnog finishes his sentence, Desmond turns around with a smile that looks a little forced. "Oh of course, of course!" He whistles as he strolls away from the statue, and it seems the opal gem eyes have mysteriously vanished!


Evil GM

Desmond wanders off whistling but his roguish senses react. He notices the outline of the secret door. Hmmmmm what are they hiding.

Your group has a lot of cure potions.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Hide the gems at your own peril, Desmond. We'll just take the coinage out of your share. But that should begin the process of consecration, at least. I imagine the statue itself will need to be removed, and ideally destroyed outright."

Karnog carefully clears the area of materials, and lays out his own material to begin the consecration process.


Evil GM

Karnog:
Brute force will work with the statue. You must destroy and consecrate each unholy shrine. There is also a giant lava pit right under the raised platform. Dragging the statue over there and tossing it in would work.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Grungsdi, Duncan, would you help me pull this statue over and toss it into the lava? Once the altar has been cleared and the statue removed, I can use magic to remove the taint of evil from this room."

Karnog casts create water and clears the altar of blood, ichor, and other remains.


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

I keep looking but I can't see the post where anyone Killed the aqua Vrock. My eyeballs must be painted on
Current Status:
Blessing of Fervor-
Resist Energy Communal (FIRE) 30, 39mins
Crusaders Edge 14min
Continual Flame on Coin around neck

Duncan Retrieves his shield and sheathes his sword.
Does the enchantment that cursed stone took return to my blade now the drow has dropped the stone?

That was a close thing. Let's get the consecration done and get out of this place. My vote is out the way we came since we at least know the way out. No telling what's forward of us.
Duncan lends a hand with a few of his own create water spells of his own and helps drag the statue into the lava.


Evil GM

Desmond and Duncan's magical weapon properties are back to normal.

A secret door right off the main temple doesn't peek anyone's curiosity?


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

When you say that I imagine the 3 doors seen from "IT" when they are marked in blood, Scary, not very scary, very scary. Orcus is waiting behind the door
..

Over 3 rds.

Duncan walks over and casts BREATH OF LIFE on Desmond.
Last prepped healing spell: 5d8 + 15 ⇒ (1, 8, 1, 5, 1) + 15 = 31
and sacrifice Compel Hostility of Cure light sounds on himself
We are all crazy: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Looking at the secret door, uses two standard actions to renew his Divine Favor Spells using his pearls of Power. That's it for the day. Duncan pulls his sword again, If we're going one more do it now before me spell expires on me blade. Only got a couple of minutes left.

I am guessing 10mins have already expired, dragging the statue?? Crusaders Edge lasts 15 min for me

Duncan's sheath pipes in,
Valiantly though you have all fought today. Even I would advise AGAINST seeking another battle. This foolish dwarf has already died for his overconfidence in the past. While you all appear in reasonable shape, owed to the 2 dwarves, all your faith and magic users are severely low on resources. Better to retreat today, having delt Orcus a mighty blow and return again ready to lay waste to the chaff. You have already killed some of his generals and in his desperation he is likely to attack the town again, but at least the battle will be on YOUR ground.
Duncan will cast divine Favor and Blessing of Fervour again, the moment before the door is opened and have his shield readied.

This will be my last group buff. Just an FYI in case we get attacked on the way out...


Evil GM
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:

"Grungsdi, Duncan, would you help me pull this statue over and toss it into the lava? Once the altar has been cleared and the statue removed, I can use magic to remove the taint of evil from this room."

Karnog casts create water and clears the altar of blood, ichor, and other remains.

The group all lend a hand and are able to carry the statue of Orcus over to the lava pit. With a heave you it splashes into the lava. The fiery pit spits forth angry flames as it belches. The statue momentarily raises out of the volcanic fire but quickly drops back down submerging beneath the surface. The room shakes and rumbles for solid minute before it settles down.


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

When you say that I imagine the 3 doors seen from "IT" when they are marked in blood, Scary, not very scary, very scary. Orcus is waiting behind the door

..

Over 3 rds.

Duncan walks over and casts BREATH OF LIFE on Desmond.
[dice=Last prepped healing spell]5d8+15

Looking at the secret door, uses two standard actions to renew his Divine Favor Spells using his pearls of Power. That's it for the day. Duncan pulls his sword again, [b]If we're going one more do it now before me spell expires on me blade. Only got a couple of minutes left.

I am guessing 10mins have already expired, dragging the statue?? Crusaders Edge lasts 15 min for me

Duncan will cast divine Favor and Blessing of Fervour again, the moment before the door is opened and have his shield readied.

This will be my last group buff. Just an FYI in case we get attacked on the way out...

THAT"S THE SPIRIT!


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog stands over the now cleared altar and raises his hammer and open hand.

"Oh Great Creator, Lord of Dwarves, Father of the Forge, hear your priest and show your power. This place belonged to the great foe, prince of demons and Undeath, and we have slain his followers. The altar has been cleared and cleaned, and awaits the touch of holy power to fully remove its stain from this world. Grant us your blessing, Torag, and lend your strength to your humble servant in this quest. In your name and deed, I consecrate this shrine and all around it!"

As he prays, a softly glowing light, as from a banked coal forge, glows from under Karnog's skin and beard. Upon completion of the spell, that glow suffuses the stone altar and the surrounding area, accompanied by the sizzle of water splashing on hot iron and the smell of coal smoke.

Casts consecrate, hope the removal of the icons of Orcus and implements of his faith are enough to let me counter the desecrate.


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Karnog, we still ain't found our Bard. If ye think a Summon will work in here now, then I can bring a Lillend Azata hear ta Make Desmond invisible and Inspire us and Fight beside us. Should help the odds alot. I got 2 more Summon attempts left but ain't had much luck with that in here... It didn't work against the Vrock but now the statue is destroyed


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I believe the spells blocking summoning and teleportation should be gone, now that the desecrate has been removed. That prayer is the keystone of many protective wards, with the altar and statue serving as permanent material foci for the magic. I can attempt a lesser spell, if you would rather keep your big spells in reserve. "

Looking at the hidden door and the now melted statue of Orcus, he grips his hammer tightly and squares his shoulders.

"This is not over, not by a long shot. We should take care, though, Desmond, Grungsdi, and I believe Kalim are all still injured in one way or another. I recommend potions, since my spells are nearly depleted."

Kalim, I can prepare restoration before you need to save, so that will cure those temp negative levels tomorrow morning. Assuming we survive, of course.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM

The stench of death lessens as Karnog finishes his blessing. There's a connection to the Father of the Forge. A huge bulette emerges from the lava. It radiates positive energy. You then hear several distinctive piercing cries coming from behind the secret door.

Karnog:
You know this is one of Torag's favorite servant's "Stoneriver" You also figure whatever evil remained behind the secret door has been smited and destroyed by the presence of the holy servant.

Your wounds knit back together and your energy and vitality are restored. The bulette gives a brief nod towards the party then burrows back down through the earth.

You all were blessed by Torag. Your wounds are healed, including the unholy wounds. Your lost levels and any diseases you were impaired by are now cured.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Holy s%*&."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim Detects magic in the secret room now.


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Upon Feeling the Blessing of the All Father, Duncan takes that as a Sign they should continue.

He summons the Azata.
Open the door Desmond.

Looking at the Azata, We been through alot. Aid us against what may be behind the door. Oh, an make the sneaky human Invisible please

The Azata casts Invisibility and commences it's Song. INSPIRE COURAGE


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog smiles widely as he feels the holy power of Stoneriver and Torag suffuses the area. He chuckles at Kalims curse and moves towards the door.

"Ahh...I feel.much more confident moving forward now. We shared the blessing of Torag, and he smiles down on our actions. Truly we are acting on the course of Good, for man, dwarf, orc, and elf."

"Let's do this."


Evil GM

This room contains four crypts, each featuring an intricately carved, knightly figure. You sense that this area was previously corrupted by evil and that the crypts contained spectres.

Karnog:
You know that the remaining lesser spectres were destroyed by Tarog's servant.

The crypts contain the remains of the three dead paladins. Each paladin wore some useful items that the evil priests have left intact. Each crypt contains a suit of masterwork full plate armor, a masterwork shield, a masterwork great healm, and the following items:

Crypt 1:

+2 holy flaming longsword

Crypt 2:
+3 axiomatic greatsword

Crypt 3:

+1 keen adamantine longsword

an amulet of negative energy protection (9 charges remaining and it acts like a death ward spell CL 10)

rod of resurrection (5 charges, as a resurreciton spell CL 15)

MAP OF CRYPT

NOW it's time to rest up.


Evil GM

HERE IS THE ENTIRE DUNGEON LEVEL MAP

Area 7 is where your group entered. Originally that is where some of you battled ogres (years ago) and befriended Meath'd. During the first visit to the level you never ventured past area 7, so the rest of the level went unexplored until now.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12
baldwin the merciful wrote:

This room contains four crypts, each featuring an intricately carved, knightly figure. You sense that this area was previously corrupted by evil and that the crypts contained spectres.

** spoiler omitted **

The crypts contain the remains of the three dead paladins. Each paladin wore some useful items that the evil priests have left intact. Each crypt contains a suit of masterwork full plate armor, a masterwork shield, a masterwork great healm, and the following items:

Crypt 1:

+2 holy flaming longsword

Crypt 2:
+3 axiomatic greatsword

Crypt 3:

+1 keen adamantine longsword

an amulet of negative energy protection (9 charges remaining and it acts like a death ward spell CL 10)

rod of resurrection (5 charges, as a resurreciton spell CL 15)

NOW it's time to rest up.

You Sir, are trying to distract me from my Longsword that ignores armor completely. But I am onto you.

Helping to collect all the gear together Duncan as both a Blacksmith and a Warrior cannot help but admire the exquisite craftsman ship that had obviously gone into forging and Subsequently enchanting the 3 exquisite blades.

The Holy, Flaming Longsword in particular tugged at the inherent greed in his dwarven heart, but he laid the weapon aside in the pile, along with the rest.
These weapons don't belong down here. They need ta go back into the hands of Rightous Paladins who would wield them. I'll not take from these. Karnog and Grundsdi, make yer choices but I promise ye, Give me time and a Forge and I'll reshape that Large Starmetal Glaive inta a Warhammer and Axe to yer liking with the etchings o Torag and Imoedae on opposite sides o their hilts and Mastercraft them ta boot. With enough gold I can even make the metal Impervious, which will sort out the issue of it being soft and losing it's egde.

Impervious, 3000gold:
An impervious weapon is warded from damage and decay. A metallic weapon cannot rust and a wooden weapon cannot rot or warp, even by magical or supernatural means. An impervious weapon gains double the normal bonus to its hardness and hit points for each point of its enhancement bonus. The break DC for an impervious weapon and the wielder’s combat maneuver defense against sunder maneuvers against the impervious weapon each gain a bonus equal to twice the weapon’s enhancement bonus.

Blacksmith Check to work out if he can forge 3 meduim weapons vs 2 out of the Large Glaive:Craft Weapons: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

He Draws the Mighty Glaive from his haversack one more time and pass it THROUGH a metal dagger once again to highlight his point.

We need ta get home, get some ale and rest an re-equip before our next move. So think it over in the meantime. Making these weapons might well be the Greatest thing I'll forge in me life...


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
"Holy s%#*."

"Ha, take that you heathen!" Desmond laughs at the atheist sorcerer.

Woohoo! Excited to level up and then return to die!


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung smashes the gem that Nym presents with his embiggened +5 ax

Grung watches the statue sink into the lava until he is certain is has sunk

. None of these blades are needed brother. Croaker and I have work to do.. He says as he declined the offered blades from Duncan

Then to Karnog Brother I feel a bit weak. Can you cure me of it?. Down 4 con

Leveling up coming tomorrow morning after the gym!


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung smashes the gem that Nym presents with his embiggened +5 ax

Grung watches the statue sink into the lava until he is certain is has sunk

. None of these blades are needed brother. Croaker and I have work to do.. He says as he declined the offered blades from Duncan

Then to Karnog Brother I feel a bit weak. Can you cure me of it?. Down 4 con

Leveling up coming tomorrow morning after the gym!


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Lesser Restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 3 Con healed

"I can do more with a wand if needed. It seems we're going to spend some time here, so you'll heal a bit overnight as well."


Evil GM

Grung you would have been cute when torags herald appeared. Everyone was brought back to full stats.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

YUP, issed friggin 70 posts or whatever cause I was logged out. Anyhow, I am all set to move on, picked up bleeding critical

As if he just started paying attention...Wait a minute, that was Torag's herald...I already feel better. I was so worn down by tossing Desmonds sex drive all over the place, that I did not even notice.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"I guess Torag cared more than Saransae or whatever. He remains a fine ally."


Evil GM

I assume your group is heading back to town?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Yeah, I think so, at this point.


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Feeling re-invigorated after their encounter with Torag's Herald, Duncan was keen to make a few offerings to his goddess in friendlier surroundings.

We earned our mead today. First rounds on me, right after I make some entreaties ta me goddess. She blessed me well today an I'll hafta be askin Fer many more afore this is over.....Tha priest said me boy was servin Orcus. I don't get that. Grimm might be stupid enough ta fight Fer fightin's sake on the wrong side of this, but I fail ta see even Gorum siding with Orcus. Really hopin' he was talkin in riddles, lest I got a feelin me boys mebbe dead and been raised ta serve Tha demon prince..... I just don't know. I need ta commune with me goddess.

The Dwarf was deeply troubled and this newest development worried him.
He at least needed to know if Grimm was at least still alive. At least then there was hope he could be saved....


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

if we go back Nym will push all the fragments of the gem into a pile and hit the pile with a disintegrate spell. Making absolutely that its gone. The whole time staring down the halfwit rogue who has no idea how close the group came to doom because of it.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Bah, if he is with Orcus, it must be some kind of magic. I suspect we just need ta smack him upside the head to wake him up!


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

I hope so brother. Me an me boy didn't part on good terms, in fact he damn near killed me. If it weren't fer a Half-Orc paladin friend o' mine he mighty finished tha job. I never blamed him. The Gods're real and despite me best hopes the boy woulda been an honest fighter- Gorum called him ta service an the boy answered. I knew they were a fickle church, been known ta switch sides in a fight jus ta keep the battle going, but Grimm really could care less who he fights for, as long as he's fightin.
I confronted him over his choices and he flew inta his Rage. Honestly I blame meself. Back in Cheliax I used ta be an inquisitor of Ragatheil. Thought i was doin right, meetin' vengence on the damn thives and devils that ran that place. But not only did it get me killed once, when I came back an questioned my faith the boy lost his in me. Ran ta Gorum e did. And he punished me fer me weakness.

Duncan almost misted up at that point, almost, but he remebered who he was and where he was. He touched the hilt of his sword, Gutbuster. His long sword.... the weapon of his new goddess.
The Inheritor saved me. An I swear, when I find me Gorumite son, if he's killin his kin fer Orcus, or worse if he's fallen inta worship that lower planes birthed prince, there won't be any vengeance. I'll either take him in an see him atone or pay fer his crimes. If that ain't possible.....I will fight with all me heart ta stop im fer good.

Duncan packed his Haversack and filled some ale and took a draw from his Magical Tankard.Tankard of the Drunken Hero
It was an unusual item, normally accosiated with Cayden Caleen, but his one had been crafted with the Symbols of Imoedae by Duncan himself and the magic in it bought from a Cleric of the Laughing god.

Duncan was a heavy drinker (what dwarf wasn't), but he used the inherent magic within the item to cast Heroism on himself and prepared to leave.
Out the way we came, I'm guessing? Let's be off ta rid ourselves of these items and come back after we've resupplied and finish the job. Pretty sure the town might need some better weapons fer the captains in case it's attacked again...


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Over hearing the dwarves conversation Nym walks over also with mug in hand
Mý sïstër wăz ălsô tâkën. Mâybê ôür pąthz ïntînëd för ă řæsõn" Nym raises his mug "Tõ fąmīlý änd dëäth õf thôsė thāt hürt thĕm."

16,151 to 16,200 of 16,204 << first < prev | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.