[PFS] Teamwork Experiment Table Æroden

Game Master Nathan Hartshorn

Map

PFS Modules with set parties, focusing on Teamwork Feats and their viability in the Organized Play environment.


651 to 700 of 3,114 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

M Human Paladin 3/SwashB 1/Brawler 2.0; HP 55/55; AC 24 (26 vs Evil), FF 22, T 12; F/R/W, 13/11/5; Per +7; Init +2; Lucky Number =4 Dissa grants Paired Opportunists to allies within 30 feet

Dissa attempts to sneak past the gourd leshys to reach the far iron gate.

He will take 10!

"My apologies for the dramatic fall from grace. I was actually trying to avoid you altogether, but the steps and columns were incredibly challenging to navigate." Dissa apologizes, in the most appropriate body language possible.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


map

The Gourd Leshys watch Dissa with their strange eyes but make no move to stop him as he avoids the gourds.

Order 1st round
Bozmir
Gourd Leshys (0, 0, 0)
Dulomak, Steinfaust, Dissa

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

I do not know Sylvan. Does anyone?

Not understanding what the creatures are saying but knowing what the creatures are, the half-orc will ask his companions to not attack the little plant creatures or the plants within their care.

Scarab Sages

Male Oread Hunter 5
Spoiler:
27/27 // F5/R3/W4 // AC 16/T10/FF16 // Perc +8

"They do not attack, so Steinfaust will neither. Maybe I can offer token of peace" Taking his waterflasks he pours a few drops on his lips and drinks it before he offers some water to the plants before carefully going past them and guiding his friend to be careful, too.


The gourd leshys continue to relax as it seems obvious no one is going to destroy their garden anymore. Combat Over!

One particular Leshy walks up to Bozmir, furthest into the patch, and tips its head.

Sylvan:
"Greetings! I am Harvest Stripe, leader and ambassador of my small tribe of Gourd Leshys. Why have you come to our garden?"

If answer is not in Druidic or Sylvan:
Harvest Stripe just looks at you and scratches his gourd, clearly confused by your speech.

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 16/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4 (-2 sand)
unmodified:
HP 14/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 8/13 rounds

Bozmir first translates into Common, "Its asking why we've come to the garden of this tribe of gourd leshies. Its name is Harvest Stripe and it is the leader."

He tries replying in Common, using a lot of gesturing, pointing from where they came and then pointing at the gate. "We've travelled from Absalom through Corentyn and came to Emberhold. We want to get past the gate to find out what happened during the civil war, you know the war?" he mocks fighting and uses dirt and stones to draw a pentagram and House Davian's crest, before wiping off the latter.

Becoming exasperated, he tries again in Skald and Abyssal, but the leshy just scratches its gourd head.

Frustrated, Bozmir gives up and joins Dissa at the iron gate, asking for some help in getting across.

Can I take 10 and receive aid for a 12?

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin 3/SwashB 1/Brawler 2.0; HP 55/55; AC 24 (26 vs Evil), FF 22, T 12; F/R/W, 13/11/5; Per +7; Init +2; Lucky Number =4 Dissa grants Paired Opportunists to allies within 30 feet

Dissa tries to assist his friend, pantomiming the words used by Bozmir. Providing an active backdrop to the words of his friend.

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 16/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4 (-2 sand)
unmodified:
HP 14/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 8/13 rounds

I meant taking 10 on Survival. If we have a chance to communicate and a roll is necessary, then, with the aid:

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11


Yep.

Even if Bozmir occasionally missteps Harvest Stripe and the others seem to understand the care behind his intent and pull any gourds out of the way.

The gate is unwieldy and stuck because of all of the rust on its hinges. It will take strong hands to open it. DC 20 break check. Alternatively the door has 30 hp and a hardness of 10

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin 3/SwashB 1/Brawler 2.0; HP 55/55; AC 24 (26 vs Evil), FF 22, T 12; F/R/W, 13/11/5; Per +7; Init +2; Lucky Number =4 Dissa grants Paired Opportunists to allies within 30 feet

Teamwork team, activate!

"Steinfaust and Dulomak, can you guys pull on that side while Bozmir and I pull on this side? We should be able to pry the gate apart." Dissa finds a good spot to grip while still leaving plenty of room for Bozmir.

He also looks at the Gourd people and tips his head toward the gate, gesturing that the Pathfindrs will try to break it down.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

"We should get it if we all work together." Dissa says, anticipating aid.

Scarab Sages

Male Oread Hunter 5
Spoiler:
27/27 // F5/R3/W4 // AC 16/T10/FF16 // Perc +8

Steinfaust roots his feet in the earth and pushes with all his might.
AssistStrength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

Would the dinos be able to help?


I'm not sure how Kontha or Grumbler could get a good grip on the gate, but if you come up with a plausible way that they could I'll allow it.

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 16/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4 (-2 sand)
unmodified:
HP 14/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 8/13 rounds

Bozmir begins his Raging Song, citing an obscure passage in a northerner ballad in which the hero is trapped by a portcullis but eventually powers though and breaks free.

Strength assist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

+2 to Strength should get Dissa an additional +1 to the roll. Not that's it's necessary. Crossed off two rounds of song.

Scarab Sages

Male Oread Hunter 5
Spoiler:
27/27 // F5/R3/W4 // AC 16/T10/FF16 // Perc +8

"Does anyone have a grappeling hook and rope?"


The gate groans, but is ripped from the detritus holding it in place by Dissa, Steinfaust, and Bozmir. It is placed next to the new entrance leading underground where the wailing is emanating from. I have to put some maps up which will happen later tonight.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

I was thinking of putting rope around them and having them pull?


Map

Unnecessary at this point.

You descend from the wide set of stairs in the north to see six round pillars and a large iron gate built into a low archway on the west wall. Drawings rendered from soot and dark brown paint cover the walls. They’re broken up by narrow fissures of dark earth and crumbled plaster. The room is filled with bones, most of which are heaped around a large throne against the south wall.

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 16/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4 (-2 sand)
unmodified:
HP 14/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 8/13 rounds

"Should we call out to whoever is there," Bozmir asks. "Or, more accurately, whatever is there. On second thought we should sneak." Bozmir slowly makes his way west to the gate.

First time you mentioned it sounded like they were choking as well. Can we try to identify the source yet?

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin 3/SwashB 1/Brawler 2.0; HP 55/55; AC 24 (26 vs Evil), FF 22, T 12; F/R/W, 13/11/5; Per +7; Init +2; Lucky Number =4 Dissa grants Paired Opportunists to allies within 30 feet

"We should go help swiftly. Perhaps we can gain some insight with assistance. Marielle didn't prove to be much help. Maybe this person could."

Dissa moves toward the choking sound, Fauchard at the ready for the expected threats. He casts Fallback Strategy from his wand and presses stealthily forward.

Stealth: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2

He promptly stumbles over a large pile of bones, sending the cranium of some creature bouncing across the tile.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

The half orc agrees. Should Kontha and I scout ahead? he inquires

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 16/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4 (-2 sand)
unmodified:
HP 14/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 8/13 rounds

"Yes, we should all try to stay quiet." The sakld replies, not realising he just gave away his position.

Come along fail a stealth check with us!


map

Looking closer at the paintings and drawings you see the oldest and most obscured of these drawings depict scenes of the Thrune family being savaged and brutalized by humans and devil-kin alike. The newest scrawlings depict civilians burning under a Chelish flag.

DC 10 Heal:
You realize that the dark brown paint being used is actually blood.

The piles of bones are deepest around the throne, upon which sits a skeleton in black chainmail. It’s held together with dried vines and has slumped forward slightly, a crown of dull iron upon its brow.

DC 15 Heal:
You realize as well that several of the newest additions to the bone heaps are troll in origin. A significant number of the bones bear bite marks as though the meat was literally ripped off of them. In comparison the bones in the throne have not been touched in any way, though they don't all seem to come from the same person.

The wailing gets louder as you creep steadily towards the iron gate to the west.

SECRET ROLLS!:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
1d20 + 10 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 10 = 28

Scarab Sages

Male Oread Hunter 5
Spoiler:
27/27 // F5/R3/W4 // AC 16/T10/FF16 // Perc +8

Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Whistling Steinfaust remarks."Those brown stains are blood. And someone really likes troll. As lunch!"

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 16/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4 (-2 sand)
unmodified:
HP 14/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 8/13 rounds

Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 8

"Trolls as food? Why that reminds me of a tale of a terrifying red dragon. He used to keep trolls in his lair, cowed by his flaming breath. When he was hungry he would eat half of each troll and let them tortuously regenerate it back." #WhyIQuitRunningKingmaker

"Something unnatural or mad lives here. We could probably play to its hatred to the Thrunes."

He continues slowly in a straight path to the western gate, but doesn't get so far ahead to leave the others behind.

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin 3/SwashB 1/Brawler 2.0; HP 55/55; AC 24 (26 vs Evil), FF 22, T 12; F/R/W, 13/11/5; Per +7; Init +2; Lucky Number =4 Dissa grants Paired Opportunists to allies within 30 feet

Dissa follows along with the movements of his friends, but does not at all follow along with the conversation. He seems confused by the diplomatic intrigue as well as the lore of his friends.

"I'll have my weapon ready." Dissa states slowly. "I think." he adds, clearly nonplussed.


Peering through the door

Skeletal corpses thinly wrapped in decaying burial linen rest in niches cut into the stone of a wide hallway, which is intersected by numerous narrow fissures. Many of the niches have collapsed, with bony remains jutting out of the rocks and dark earth. The hallway opens into a larger room, where a stone altar is surrounded by cracked walls decorated with intricate reliefs of religious figures and prominent Davians whose tombs lie beyond.

SECRET ROLLS!:
Dissa: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Bozmir: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Stein: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Dulomak: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Peering through the door into the next room you see blood scattered everywhere underneath a troll. The monster is hanging upside-down by a thick chain with its one remaining arm bound tightly to its side with rope. It's abdomen has been cut open where you can see heaps of oozing entrails slowly crawling their way back inside. It is the cause of the pitiful wailing you've been hearing since you were topside.

I'll have to update the map later tonight, then we'll continue onwards with this investigation/archeology expidition.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

Anything that can do this to trolls is something that we must be wary with says the half-orc.


map

Map is updated. Let me know who's going in what order, I put everyone in the order I thought made sense based on the posts.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

which way is front?


Towards the troll is the front of the konga line.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

Okay! Thanks

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 16/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4 (-2 sand)
unmodified:
HP 14/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 8/13 rounds

"Do we try to talk to it?" Bozmir whispers to the others, just loud enough to be heard over its moaning. "Perhaps we should try to heal it and relieve its pain? It's already roped up."

Scarab Sages

Male Oread Hunter 5
Spoiler:
27/27 // F5/R3/W4 // AC 16/T10/FF16 // Perc +8

Steinfaust feels comfortably in the second or last position with his companion.

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin 3/SwashB 1/Brawler 2.0; HP 55/55; AC 24 (26 vs Evil), FF 22, T 12; F/R/W, 13/11/5; Per +7; Init +2; Lucky Number =4 Dissa grants Paired Opportunists to allies within 30 feet

"Why don't we just ask what it wants?" Dissa says rhetorically.

He strides toward the troll and asks in common, "What are you doing here? This doesn't seem right."


Initiatives!:
Dissa: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Stein: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Boz: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Dul: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Arenzo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Crunch!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Dissa steps into the room proper, only minorly distracted by the troll's guts slowly working their way back inside its torso, when he remembers the ambush the team was surprised by this very moment, though it was long ago. He deftly sidesteps the ghoul's clacking jaws and prepares for combat.

The ghoul itself hisses its frustration, "No servant of Thrune will despoil my family's graves!"

The ghoul is in the upper right corner of the map next to the entryway, I'll get a token in there ASAP.

Order 1st round
Dissa
Arenzo
Steinfaust, Bozmir, Dulomak
Troll

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

This poor ghoul is gonna get it

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin 3/SwashB 1/Brawler 2.0; HP 55/55; AC 24 (26 vs Evil), FF 22, T 12; F/R/W, 13/11/5; Per +7; Init +2; Lucky Number =4 Dissa grants Paired Opportunists to allies within 30 feet

"I serve no thrune, but Tsukiyo. Soon you will feel his power!"

Dissa wraps the poem of his Fauchard around his waist in one swift spin, generating unprecedented speed in the blade. With a thunderous crack, the Fauchard seems to become a blur the instant it strikes the ghoul.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Crit Damage: 2d10 + 18 ⇒ (5, 2) + 18 = 25

That was awesome description, FezBarid. Dissa gained power from your words.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

I dont see the ghoul on the map


It'll be another few hours. The computer I'm on now doesn't play nice with google drive and can't save things there, so I'll do it once I reach a different computer.

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin 3/SwashB 1/Brawler 2.0; HP 55/55; AC 24 (26 vs Evil), FF 22, T 12; F/R/W, 13/11/5; Per +7; Init +2; Lucky Number =4 Dissa grants Paired Opportunists to allies within 30 feet

Maybe it's dead, and no picture is necessary?


Arenzo's still kicking and biting...

The ghoul is dealt a grievous blow by the general, nearly cutting it in two. It...giggles and hisses as its skin starts mending itself back together. "Not Thrune, well you'll still taste good."

Crunch!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Slash!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Slash!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

The monster's claws smack Dissa's Fauchard left and right, moving it out of line so it can lunge forward and bite him mightily.

Paralyzed!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

The ghoul's magic tries to take hold, but finds itself slipping off Dissa without issue. I'll need another Fort save from you Dissa, for something not as immediate as paralysis.

Order 1st round
Dissa
Arenzo
Steinfaust, Bozmir, Dulomak
Troll

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 16/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4 (-2 sand)
unmodified:
HP 14/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 8/13 rounds

Bozmir shares what he knows about ghouls.
K(religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"And my faith is with Desna," He displays his holy symbol. "I hate the Thrunes just as much as you do, though I do not display it as gruesomely!"
Drawing his nodachi he moves all the way around the toll to get into range while leaving space for others.

Scarab Sages

Male Oread Hunter 5
Spoiler:
27/27 // F5/R3/W4 // AC 16/T10/FF16 // Perc +8

Moving forward Steinfaust swings his polearm.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Things Bozmir relates
Ghouls have a nasty magic about them that causes paralysis with violent action. Only elves are known to be immune to their effects. In addition a ghoul's bite has a contagious disease that creates a new ghoul should one fall to it. One thing that is strange about this ghoul is that it is healing itself before your eyes.

From behind Dissa Steinfaust is able to swing his bardiche around, getting another deep cut into the ghoul. It ceases moving but continues to heal as you watch it.

Order 1st round
Dissa
Arenzo -33
Steinfaust, Bozmir, Dulomak
Troll

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin 3/SwashB 1/Brawler 2.0; HP 55/55; AC 24 (26 vs Evil), FF 22, T 12; F/R/W, 13/11/5; Per +7; Init +2; Lucky Number =4 Dissa grants Paired Opportunists to allies within 30 feet

"I wonder if it's been eating this troll to keep healing? That's a bit gross." Dissa seems disgusted by the environment. He starts to sweat a little, and becomes visibly pale.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

"Also, I don't feel so great. Is it hot down here?"

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

Quick question, how are people attacking if they haven't moved on the map? It is kind of hard to know where to manuever, if he can, if people havent moved.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

The half orc moves in, ordering his pet to stay where she is, with his flail and attacks the ghoul.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Confirm

1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Dulomak's flail smacks into the ghoul's body, crunching ribs and driving any air that remained in its lungs out in a huge puff. When the flail head is removed the ghoul remains unconscious, but continues to heal.

The troll comes to and sees something in front of it. It swings forward to take a bite of Dulomak.

Crunch!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Its teeth clack on empty air, but it is ready to bite anyone or anything near it.

Order 2nd round
Dissa
Arenzo -42
Steinfaust, Bozmir, Dulomak
Troll

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin 3/SwashB 1/Brawler 2.0; HP 55/55; AC 24 (26 vs Evil), FF 22, T 12; F/R/W, 13/11/5; Per +7; Init +2; Lucky Number =4 Dissa grants Paired Opportunists to allies within 30 feet

Dissa looks around the room for restraints of some sort, and tries to detain the ghoul. He will use any rope, straps, chains, manacles in this torture chamber.

1 to 50 of 3,114 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Teamwork Experiment Table 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.