[OutPost 1] PFS 2-18 GM supervillan's Forbidden Furnace of Forgotten Koor (Inactive)

Game Master supervillan

Maps and handouts


1 to 50 of 446 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

dot and delete here.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

You are assembled at the Pathfinder Lodge in Katheer, capital city of Qadira.

Glorious Katheer, the city of a thousand caravans, is a place like no other, full of every spice, race, and magic, and home to the largest population of camels beyond the Kelesh homelands to the east. The palace of Xerbystes II stands here, as do several noted academies of mathematics, philosophy, and learning. In the schools and bazaars, the activity is great and many foreign scholars frequent Katheer’s libraries. The busiest places of all, though, are the port and the camel pens. Ships sail to Quantium, Katapesh, and Absalom daily. These include both ocean-going dhows and a small number of enchanted
sandships, able to sail above the dunes and powered by elemental winds.

Go ahead and introduce yourselves, then I'll post the introduction to the adventure.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Summoner 8 [ HP 75/75 | AC 19(21)/13/16 | Fort +7, Ref +7(+8), Will +8 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init +4 | Perception +10] Summons-IV 0/8 - {f} Whiskers 57/57 AC23(24) { unsummoned }

A smallish gnome with wild hair stands in the back.

"Well hello everyone. I am Wembletonian Horatio Aurturillo Templeton. But my friends, you can call me Wembly. I hail from the Sanos forest. Although I did not quite fit in there and traveled here to see if I could become a Pathfinder. I have a cat that has followed me from Sanos. Although I do not think he is really from the forest but beyond the First World. I call him "Whiskers."

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 10 | AC 24 (33)| T 23 (24)| FF 21 (29)| HP: 84/84 (104)| CMD 39+ | Fort +12 (14)| Ref +13 (14)| Will +13 | Init +2 | Perception +24 | Ki 7/11 SF 6/10

"Hello smoothskins. I am Rocky. Let us hope our next adventure does not take us back to that horrible plane of air."

Rocky could be described thusly: A medium pile of poop molded into a lumpy humanoid shape then well polished.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

The armored figure with a white mask before you is definitely not a pushover as his stance and bearing indicates power and strength.

A Pentagon with Asmodeus Symbol hangs over his neck while deep purple lined with red shirt over highly fashionable leather pants. His regal-looking half-plate is a status symbol in the church of Asmodeus, and is decorated with red infernal symbols and an inverted pentagram.
A thick cloak with teh faint scent of soot swirls behind him as he walks with Halberd in hand which incidently is also decorated with Inverted pentagram etched along its haft.

"I am Gratus Leogil. A priest devoted to Asmodeus. I am here as a representative of my church and if need be I provide healing."
the words with a price is left unsaid but is implied.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Tengu Gun1/Rogue7 | HP 53/53 | AC 19, T 15, FF 14* | F: +6, R: +13, W: +3 | CMD 20 | Perc +13 | Init +7

"Smoothskins eh? Don't think I've been called that before."

A somewhat disheveled Tengu tucks a few books away in a haversack and nods towards the group. "Korai Shardwing, Varisian transportation specialist at your service. I must say, parking the caravan was quite a pain. Did you know that it's less expensive to pay the fine for illegally parking in front of the church of Abadar than it is to pay the going rate for a market stall here in Katheer? And you STILL can make some decent business as long as you grease the right palms."

He offers his clawed hand towards Gratus. "You know I'm never sure whether to feel relieved or concerned when I'm with folks like you. On the plus side it reminds me of home. On the minus side... it reminds me of home." He laughs as he shakes his hand. "Born in Cheleiax, raise on the Varisian roads though. Rent is cheaper."

Grinning towards Wembly he chuckles. "So should I call you Wembly or WHAT?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Summoner 8 [ HP 75/75 | AC 19(21)/13/16 | Fort +7, Ref +7(+8), Will +8 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init +4 | Perception +10] Summons-IV 0/8 - {f} Whiskers 57/57 AC23(24) { unsummoned }

Wembly chuckles at Korai's question.

Definitely call me Wembly. I will never remember to answer to 'What' and will probably just say 'What what'?

Then he continues.

Can you actually fly? Whiskers can fly, but sprouted wings. Do you have wings? What was it like living in Cheliax? I was there once. Or traveled through there at least, from what I remember. I was heading to Varisia, as I have been there more often. Have you been to the Ironwood? Much different than the Sanos Forest. Why is rent cheaper? Are there more houses, or less people or the homes are of higher quality?
I am really into architecture, by the way. Would you say they are similar building styles in Cheliax versus Varisia? Which do you prefer??

Sovereign Court

Tengu Bard 9| HP 57/57 | Effects Active: See Invisibility l AC 20 (FF 19 Touch 13) CMD 19 | Init +5 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +9 | Spd 30' |
Skills:
Per +14, SenMot +19, Diplo +19, Perform (Oratory) +19, Acro +13, Esc Artist +12
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 18/25 | Spells - 3rd Lvl 1/4 | 2nd Lvl 1/5 | 1st Lvl 4/7 | 0 Lvl (at will) (see profile for spells)

A pretentious and well-dressed, chelish man enters the room. Clearing his throat, Now let me introduce to you the Worlds-Greatest-Entertainer, Magnificent Paicho of Quain!!!

A finely dressed Tengu enters the room. His feathers look freshly oiled and he hums a pleasant tune, as he performs a little dance and then bows to the assembled group.

Am I late, he assumes he must be. How rude of me. He pauses for dramatic effect.

As the finely dressed, Jacques Louis so kindly told you, I am the Magnificent Paicho of Quain! I'll be your entertainment on this mission of up most important. I'll keep our spirits high and our senses sharp! No need to fear when Paicho is near!

He looks around expecting applause.

I've been working on updating my character in Hero Lab -- will get my profile page update tomorrow.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Summoner 8 [ HP 75/75 | AC 19(21)/13/16 | Fort +7, Ref +7(+8), Will +8 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init +4 | Perception +10] Summons-IV 0/8 - {f} Whiskers 57/57 AC23(24) { unsummoned }

Wembly smiles at the display and looks from Paicho back to Korai. Awesome! Hey, do you two know each other? I mean like from the same town or flock or, like is there a name for it? Like we would call it a town or village. Some call them clans. I guess you could call them that too. Welcome Magnificant Paicho of Quain. Where is Quain anyway?

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

Gratus grasps Korai claw with a firm grip and shakes once.

"I was born free, sold a slave, earned my freedom, annointed and ordained in Cheliax. I hail from Kantaria, Archduchy of Menador"
He smiles though you can't see it but his voice catches as if remembering something joyful.
"I also met a few stubborn dwarves and new family."


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Venture-Captain Osretia Cassomiran welcomes you to her office, and delivers a curt briefing over spiced tea and sweet incense as she peruses an overflowing bookshelf distractedly. “I need to send you to Koor, where a valuable Pathfinder agent has seemingly disappeared. Her name is Zahra Kadamizi—a gifted scholar and archaeologist, and one of the most knowledgeable agents I know on the topic of genies. When she last reported in, she was searching for an ancient Toragdan vault-turned-prison hidden amid Koor’s crumbling ruins.”

Osretia drops a heavy book on a table with a dull thud; its cover reads Moukadeem, the Drowned Emir of the Ever-Thirsting Oasis. She opens the book and begins to read aloud. “Deep within Koor, in the year four thousand twenty, Absalom Reckoning, I, Ahmad of the North, trapped the mighty marid Moukadeem in an iron lamp, casting a seal of solitude upon it. Let none free him, may Torag be praised. And thus I threw the lamp into the steel vault of the mighty Father of Creation below the forge-city Koor...”

Osretia leans back, and takes a sip from her tea. “This is clearly why Zahra went looking for the vault, and perhaps why she’s gone silent if she found it. I want you to collect her notes, penetrate the vault, and bring her back safely. If you should find this storied iron lamp, of course you must bring it back as well. Any questions?”

The following are two separate knowledge checks.

You may already know something of the legend of Moukadeem:

knowledge: history DC15:
The marid known as Moukadeem plagued the headwaters of the River Ladan over 700 years ago. His wicked ways and penchant for cruelty earned him the moniker, “The Mad Marid”.

DC20:
Moukadeem’s appetite for human women knew no bounds, and during his reign of terror, he took many concubines and mixed his marid blood with the most beautiful of Qadiran women.

DC25:
As punishment for the genie’s crimes, a high priest of Torag bound the insufferable Moukadeem in a lamp and tossed him into the fires of Koor’s smelting house.

DC30:
Moukadeem’s blood mixes with mortals to this day, and many undines from northern Qadira can trace their mystical powers back to the mad marid.

You may also know something of Forgotten Koor:

knowledge: history DC15:
This ancient forge-city is a broken ruin of stone, clay, and bronze. Abandoned during the centuries-long war between Qadira and Taldor, it remains a mystery why no one has ever repopulated the city.

DC20:
Legends tell of a Qadiran noble who lost an immense dowry within Koor around the time of its abandonment. This noble stored the dowry he was amassing in the Forbidden Furnace for safekeeping, but because of the vault keepers’ desertion, he lost the chance to gain his true love’s hand in marriage.

DC25:
A powerful cult of Torag flourished in Koor’s industrial heyday. Its leaders brought much wealth in and out of the city, for they encouraged efficient production and quality unmatched throughout much of the Inner Sea. When the city became a resource contested by the Qadiran and Taldan armies during the Ghevran Victories, the lawful good Toragdan leadership abdicated the city to avoid contributing their skill and knowledge to what they saw as a needlessly bloody war. When the city’s forges ceased to function without the Toragdans’ guidance, the city was abandoned entirely, leaving the vast wealth of its rich aristocracy behind.

DC30:
A guardian naga slithers the ruins of Koor, keeping out intruders intent on reclaiming Moukadeem’s lamp. The most recent in a long line of protectors, the naga not only keeps intruders out, but also ensures that Moukadeem remains trapped in his magical prison.

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 10 | AC 24 (33)| T 23 (24)| FF 21 (29)| HP: 84/84 (104)| CMD 39+ | Fort +12 (14)| Ref +13 (14)| Will +13 | Init +2 | Perception +24 | Ki 7/11 SF 6/10

kn History #1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

kn History #2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

"I've heard that the ruins were abandoned after centuries of war between Qadira and Taldor. Odd that no one lives there now. Where are the located exactly? And did Zahra have any enemies?"

Rocky glances at his companions and seeing their face is expecting a veritable flood of history lessons.

Sovereign Court

Tengu Bard 9| HP 57/57 | Effects Active: See Invisibility l AC 20 (FF 19 Touch 13) CMD 19 | Init +5 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +9 | Spd 30' |
Skills:
Per +14, SenMot +19, Diplo +19, Perform (Oratory) +19, Acro +13, Esc Artist +12
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 18/25 | Spells - 3rd Lvl 1/4 | 2nd Lvl 1/5 | 1st Lvl 4/7 | 0 Lvl (at will) (see profile for spells)

Know History 1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Know History 2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Indeed your correct Rocky, Forgotten Koor, the ancient forge-city is a broken ruin of stone, clay, and bronze. Legends tell of a Qadiran noble who lost an immense dowry within Koor around the time of its abandonment. This noble stored the dowry he was amassing in the Forbidden Furnace for safekeeping, but because of the vault keepers’ desertion, he lost the chance to gain his true love’s hand in marriage. A tragic tale. Paicho pauses for a sip of wine.

You see, a powerful cult of Torag flourished in Koor’s industrial heyday. Its leaders brought much wealth in and out of the city, for they encouraged efficient production and quality unmatched throughout much of the Inner Sea. When the city became a resource contested by the Qadiran and Taldan armies during the Ghevran Victories, the lawful good Toragdan leadership abdicated the city to avoid contributing their skill and knowledge to what they saw as a needlessly bloody war. When the city’s forges ceased to function without the Toragdans’ guidance, the city was abandoned entirely, leaving the vast wealth of its rich aristocracy behind.

Now as to the marid known as Moukadeem. It's said it plagued the headwaters of the River Ladan over 700 years ago. His wicked ways and penchant for cruelty earned him the moniker, “The Mad Marid”. It seems, Moukadeem’s appetite for human women knew no bounds, and during his reign of terror, he took many concubines and mixed his marid blood with the most beautiful of Qadiran women. It's said that a guardian naga slithers the ruins of Koor, keeping out intruders intent on reclaiming Moukadeem’s lamp. The most recent in a long line of protectors, the naga not only keeps intruders out, but also ensures that Moukadeem remains trapped in his magical prison.

And thus our journey proves to be to a most fascinating place, both deep in history and legend!

Paicho recounts his tale and then gives an awkward Squawk!

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

Knowledge (History) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Knowledge (History) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

"We are well placed with such an Erudite Scholar among us. Is there anything you could tell us about this Prison Vault."

Sovereign Court

Tengu Bard 9| HP 57/57 | Effects Active: See Invisibility l AC 20 (FF 19 Touch 13) CMD 19 | Init +5 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +9 | Spd 30' |
Skills:
Per +14, SenMot +19, Diplo +19, Perform (Oratory) +19, Acro +13, Esc Artist +12
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 18/25 | Spells - 3rd Lvl 1/4 | 2nd Lvl 1/5 | 1st Lvl 4/7 | 0 Lvl (at will) (see profile for spells)

Gratus is it? I'm afraid I don't know any details about the Prison Vault. Details are sketchy at best. Perhaps Venture-Captain Cassomiran knows a bit more about it? Paicho looks to the Venture-Captain. Then adds, How will we get to Koor? By land? And if so how long do you think it will take?

He also gets a chance to answer Wembly finally, No I don't believe we are from the same 'Flock'. Paicho smiles at his fellow Tengu. Although one never knows. And Quain is far away in distant Tian Xia. There you are likely to find as many Tengus as you do humans. Paicho tries to make the words Tian Xia sound mysterious.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

"Koor lies in the northern reaches of the Zho Mountains, near the source of the River Ladan. It is Forgotten, but not Unknown." The tall, poised venture captain answers Rocky, her voice nasal and distinctive. "All pathfinders make enemies. It goes with the territory. I'm afraid I do not know of any specific foes that Zahra might have to deal with."

Venture-Captain Cassomiran listens to Paicho's exposition, nodding to herself. "A place of legend indeed, agent Paicho. And legends are our stock-in-trade. But I do not know anything more about the Prison Vault than what I found in this book and have read to you. Zahra herself would be the foremost authority on the subject. Find her notes! Bring her back! I have chartered a sandship and crew for you. It should get you to the vicinity of Koor in a matter of days."

The Exchange

Male Tengu Gun1/Rogue7 | HP 53/53 | AC 19, T 15, FF 14* | F: +6, R: +13, W: +3 | CMD 20 | Perc +13 | Init +7

~~Before the briefing~~

Korai smirks at Wembly. "Do you know what a 'flock' of crows is called?"

He leans in closely and continues menacingly. "A murder."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32

He lets that word linger for a moment, then bursts out laughing. "Hah! The look in your eyes was priceless! Well Wembly you are certainly an inquisitive one and in my experience that either works out exceedingly well or exceedingly poorly... nothing in between. I'll do my best to rule out the latter."

Looking over at Paicho he gives a curt bow. "Joking aside, it is great to see another of my kind. At least someone will understand molting problems here..."

He pauses, ponders for a moment, then adds. "Do you know what a flock of crows in a sewer is called? A murder most foul!"

He laughs a few times, looks back and forth, then quiets down quickly.

~~After the briefing~~

"Well, seems as though we'll be on a dungeon delve. Any curses we should be expecting? Want to make sure we're well prepared..."

Sovereign Court

Tengu Bard 9| HP 57/57 | Effects Active: See Invisibility l AC 20 (FF 19 Touch 13) CMD 19 | Init +5 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +9 | Spd 30' |
Skills:
Per +14, SenMot +19, Diplo +19, Perform (Oratory) +19, Acro +13, Esc Artist +12
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 18/25 | Spells - 3rd Lvl 1/4 | 2nd Lvl 1/5 | 1st Lvl 4/7 | 0 Lvl (at will) (see profile for spells)

Paicho gives a chuckle at Korai jokes, Indeed the moltening in this heat. Paicho gives a shake of the head.

A Sandship, now that sounds excellent. Paicho replies to the VC.

Now then I'll need to dig into a couple books and see what there is in them about Nagas. Just in case.

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 10 | AC 24 (33)| T 23 (24)| FF 21 (29)| HP: 84/84 (104)| CMD 39+ | Fort +12 (14)| Ref +13 (14)| Will +13 | Init +2 | Perception +24 | Ki 7/11 SF 6/10

Rocky listen to the exposition patiently.

"Marid. Naga. What are these things?"


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

"A Marid is a water genie. Zahra is an undine, and has a passion for learning all she can about the marid blood that runs through her veins,” the venture captain offers.

Do the pathfinders know more?

knowledge: planes DC 19:
Marids are genies from the Plane of Water. The most powerful of all the genie races, they are said to possess the strength of the ocean’s currents and teeth made of pearl. A marid stands about 16 feet tall and weighs nearly 2,500 pounds.

The marids are perhaps the most unpredictable and capricious of the genies, a quality that the other types of genies find to be both aggravating and embarrassing to the entire genie culture. Many marids become dancers, storytellers, performers, or other types of artists, and often travel to the Material Plane in disguise to seek out new audiences.

DC 24:
Marids have great command over water. They can use this to create blinding jets, or to transform into vortexes. Any enemy in the water is at a disadvantage against a marid, but if able to fight from outside of that element might turn the tables on the genie.

DC 29:
Marids have many spell-like abilities. Able to see invisible creatures, become invisible or gaseous, create illusions, plane shift, and even grant wishes. Some Marids of noble lineage have even more magical powers.

knowledge: dungeoneering DC20:
Naga are a species of serpentine aberration with great spellcasting power. There are multiple varieties, of varying outlooks. Guardian nagas serve as dutiful protectors of places of fundamental power and sanctity. Their scales often bear elaborate patterns similar to those of exotic jungle snakes. A typical guardian naga stretches 14 feet long and weighs approximately 350 pounds. While many guardian nagas adhere to the exotic practices of ancient or forgotten faiths, others are merely drawn to sites of innate wonder—towering waterfalls, natural spires, mountaintop temples—minding them out of their own senses of duty and reverence. Often these nagas join a living faith, serving as protectors of sanctuaries or ancient treasures. A pair of nagas might take up residence near a site they deem worthy of protection, hatching a brood and raising their offspring there. When the young grow to adulthood, they have the choice of departing to seek their own homes or staying to protect their elder’s charge. Sometimes, a guardian naga protecting a ruin or temple is but the current protector in a line of sentinels stretching back centuries. Such sentinels often take the same name as their forebears to appear as a single, exceptionally long-lived figure.

DC 25:
Guardian Naga possess a venomous bite that can be fatal. They are also able to spit this venom.

DC30:
Guardian Naga can cast spells of both arcane and divine natures.

"Any more questions? Your ship leaves this evening, you have time to get supplies in the markets if you wish."

Sovereign Court

Tengu Bard 9| HP 57/57 | Effects Active: See Invisibility l AC 20 (FF 19 Touch 13) CMD 19 | Init +5 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +9 | Spd 30' |
Skills:
Per +14, SenMot +19, Diplo +19, Perform (Oratory) +19, Acro +13, Esc Artist +12
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 18/25 | Spells - 3rd Lvl 1/4 | 2nd Lvl 1/5 | 1st Lvl 4/7 | 0 Lvl (at will) (see profile for spells)

Ling Fat, bring in my books would you? Paicho calls to the other room. And soon a fat Tien Porter, enters the room carrying a small but obviously heavy chest. Paicho pops it open to reveal a large collection of books and tomes, he grabs one, pulling it out. Pathfinder Chronicles Volume 1! The first ever chronicle, only a copy of it mind you. Now in here, Selmius Foster describes racing a marid and an efreeti through a number of challenges. It should help us under the water genie.

Pathfinder Chronicle Vol. 1 grants a +2 to know planes regarding geniekind.

Know Planes: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

Ah, interesting. Paicho pursues the pages. Marids are genies from the Plane of Water. The most powerful of all the genie races, they are said to possess the strength of the ocean’s currents and teeth made of pearl. A marid stands about 16 feet tall and weighs nearly 2,500 pounds.

This is a useful part, marids are perhaps the most unpredictable and capricious of the genies, a quality that the other types of genies find to be both aggravating and embarrassing to the entire genie culture. Many marids become dancers, storytellers, performers, or other types of artists, and often travel to the Material Plane in disguise to seek out new audiences. Sounds like our Moukadeem. Paicho flips a few more pages. Seems to be more stuff on efreetis, would have loved more details about Marids.

Know Dungeons: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

As to Nagas I recall, that Naga are a species of serpentine aberration with great spellcasting power. There are multiple varieties, of varying outlooks. Guardian nagas serve as dutiful protectors of places of fundamental power and sanctity. Their scales often bear elaborate patterns similar to those of exotic jungle snakes. A typical guardian naga stretches 14 feet long and weighs approximately 350 pounds. While many guardian nagas adhere to the exotic practices of ancient or forgotten faiths, others are merely drawn to sites of innate wonder—towering waterfalls, natural spires, mountaintop temples—minding them out of their own senses of duty and reverence. Often these nagas join a living faith, serving as protectors of sanctuaries or ancient treasures.

Paicho looks around, seeing if he's talking to much and decides to continue, A pair of nagas might take up residence near a site they deem worthy of protection, hatching a brood and raising their offspring there. When the young grow to adulthood, they have the choice of departing to seek their own homes or staying to protect their elder’s charge. Sometimes, a guardian naga protecting a ruin or temple is but the current protector in a line of sentinels stretching back centuries. Such sentinels often take the same name as their forebears to appear as a single, exceptionally long-lived figure.

That's all I can think of, anyone have more to add?

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Summoner 8 [ HP 75/75 | AC 19(21)/13/16 | Fort +7, Ref +7(+8), Will +8 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init +4 | Perception +10] Summons-IV 0/8 - {f} Whiskers 57/57 AC23(24) { unsummoned }

Got it. Find Zahra herself and her notes and bring her back. And her notes, we bring those back too, if we find both, I mean. I suspect both would be good.

Turning to Paicho's revelations.

Wow! Cool, do you think we will actually see either a naga or a marid? I hope we see BOTH!

Wembly blurts out loud without thinking.

When he hears the mention of a ship, Whiskers hisses and scowls. Fine, I will send you home until our ship docs, Whiskers. I know you don't like the water or sailing.

The Exchange

Male Tengu Gun1/Rogue7 | HP 53/53 | AC 19, T 15, FF 14* | F: +6, R: +13, W: +3 | CMD 20 | Perc +13 | Init +7

Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Korai nods in agreement to Paicho's dissertation. "Well, seems like our assignment is fairly straightforward. Sounds awfully familiar to a prior mission of mine. Hopefully it goes much better..."


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

I'll wait a while longer to see if you have any more questions or shopping, then move us forward this evening (GMT).

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

Knowledge (Planes) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Knowledge (Dungeonneering) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Gratus keeps to his stance as he listens to what the others have to say.

"This sand ship. It sails on the sands of the dessert I assume. Also how does this lamp look like? Glittering, dull, encrusted with jewels or such and for the matter of Zahra. What if she doesn't want to come with us or is dead?"

Sovereign Court

Tengu Bard 9| HP 57/57 | Effects Active: See Invisibility l AC 20 (FF 19 Touch 13) CMD 19 | Init +5 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +9 | Spd 30' |
Skills:
Per +14, SenMot +19, Diplo +19, Perform (Oratory) +19, Acro +13, Esc Artist +12
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 18/25 | Spells - 3rd Lvl 1/4 | 2nd Lvl 1/5 | 1st Lvl 4/7 | 0 Lvl (at will) (see profile for spells)

Enough mention of water...just in case

Paicho heads out into the markets, and though he gets a few strange looks from the desert dwellers, he manages to procure a potion of air bubble, a potion of touch of the sea, and also a potion of endure elements.

ready


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

"Zahra is a female undine, Agent Leogil. She looks like a human, aside from her blue skin. She's of typical height and build for her race. Zahra can be stubborn, it’s true, but if she’s in danger, I can’t imagine that she’d not welcome assistance. If, however, she’s truly resistant to being brought to safety, it’s up to you to retrieve her safely anyway—do what you must, but bring her back alive. As for the lamp, all the legends say it is an undecorated iron lamp.

The famous sandships of Katheer sail on sand or water. You'll find them at the Sand Dock. Your charter is the Glory of Xerbystes II, under Captain Dar-Vill."

Any more shopping?

The Exchange

Male Tengu Gun1/Rogue7 | HP 53/53 | AC 19, T 15, FF 14* | F: +6, R: +13, W: +3 | CMD 20 | Perc +13 | Init +7

"Well, seems as though we are headed into a site shrouded in myth and legend. That usually means haunted or full of ancient monstrosities. We had best equip ourselves accordingly."

I'd like to pick up a wand of lesser restoration, 2 potions of lesser restoration (for fast consumption), and 2 scrolls of restoration (without the extra permanent negative level cost).

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 10 | AC 24 (33)| T 23 (24)| FF 21 (29)| HP: 84/84 (104)| CMD 39+ | Fort +12 (14)| Ref +13 (14)| Will +13 | Init +2 | Perception +24 | Ki 7/11 SF 6/10

"We should be okay. Some of you are very knowledgeable and I am good at fighting. We will learn much."

A full wand of Lesser Restoration is 4,500. Is that what you are buying Korai? If no one has a wand of Endure Elements then Rocky will spend 2 PP on one. Otherwise he'll spend it on a potion of Water Breathing.

Sovereign Court

Tengu Bard 9| HP 57/57 | Effects Active: See Invisibility l AC 20 (FF 19 Touch 13) CMD 19 | Init +5 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +9 | Spd 30' |
Skills:
Per +14, SenMot +19, Diplo +19, Perform (Oratory) +19, Acro +13, Esc Artist +12
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 18/25 | Spells - 3rd Lvl 1/4 | 2nd Lvl 1/5 | 1st Lvl 4/7 | 0 Lvl (at will) (see profile for spells)

Paicho has a scroll with 5 castings of Lesser Restoriation on it.

The Exchange

Male Tengu Gun1/Rogue7 | HP 53/53 | AC 19, T 15, FF 14* | F: +6, R: +13, W: +3 | CMD 20 | Perc +13 | Init +7

Hmm, since Paicho already has 5x lesser resto, I'll burn my 4,500 on First Aid gloves instead.
Shopping List:
First Aid Gloves - 4500gp
2x Scroll of Restoration w/ 100gp component - 2x800gp = 1600gp
2x Potion of Lesser Restoration - 2x300gp = 600gp
Total - 6700gp

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

Will pick up Headband of Headband of Mental Prowess (+2)
+2 to Wis and Cha and a Necklace of Adaptation.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

The party proceeds to the Sand Dock, and boards the wondrous sandship Glory of Xerbystes II. Captain Dar-Vill is a suli-jann, and several of his crew have elemental blood of one kind or another.

The vessel is sleek and beautiful, with silken sails that billow with full winds even when the sky around you is still. It cuts through the sand at a fast pace, and you swiftly learn to cover your faces against the stinging spray (everyone except Gratus, who is never without his mask it seems).

The sandship sails day and night, with rotating crew shifts. In less than 24 hours it leaves the desert sands and enters the verdant Plains of Paresh, where it finds a tributary to the River Ladan. For the next three days you sail upriver, until you enter the foothills of the Zho Mountains. Before long, even the miraculous sandship can travel no farther; the river becomes too narrow, the incline too steep. You disembark, to seek Forgotten Koor. The Glory of Xerbystes II will return for you in 3 more days.

The following morning, you find a multi-hued pavilion tent that bristles against the wind as its unsecured flap whips wildly in the wind. Ahead, a large white-washed causeway slants skyward toward a shattered citadel capped with a gleaming bronze dome. Behind the citadel, several minarets stretch their worn brass and bronze exteriors toward the sky. Even more impressive is the huge clay wall that encases the crumbling city of Koor.

As the sun crests the horizon, the first unbearable rays of heat reflect off Koor’s long-baked earthen fortifications, staining them a blood red—an eerie sight, regardless of whether it’s a tribute to the fallen defenders of the once-great forge-city, or merely a trick of light.

Need Gratus to prepare his spells before we move on.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Summoner 8 [ HP 75/75 | AC 19(21)/13/16 | Fort +7, Ref +7(+8), Will +8 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init +4 | Perception +10] Summons-IV 0/8 - {f} Whiskers 57/57 AC23(24) { unsummoned }

With a flash of the green gem on his forehead, Wembly dismisses Whiskers as promised. I will call you back as soon as we get there, fella.

The gnome checks his supplies for any watery stuff.

Two air crystals, a potion of fly. That should be enough I hope. I guess I am ready.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

A simple base camp rests outside Koor, flanking the road leading north to Omash. Two small supply tents, several crates, and one large pavilion tent comprise the staging point of an expedition. The two small supply tents hold all manner of surveying gear: ropes, plumb-bobs, stakes, and levels. The crates hold pickaxes, awls, hammers, chisels, crowbars, and shovels. The larger pavilion tent serves as a sleeping quarters, office, and meeting area.

You enter the pavilion, it being the obvious hub of the base camp.

Rich carpets soften the earthen floor of the lavish pavilion, and time-weathered maps envelop a desk and table. Opposite the map-buried surfaces rest lavish pillows and a plush bed that beckon to road-weary travelers. Several crates stand stacked along the tent’s southern fold. Its northern flap contains an armor stand and two tables covered in equipment.

Survival DC20:
The incense has long burned to ash, the oil pots have burned dry, and a layer of desert sand dusts the surfaces of the desk and table. You estimate the pavilion was last inhabited nearly a month ago.

You can search the pavilion. Attempt up to four Perception checks.

Perception check 1, DC15:
Many maps lay on the table, but on one of the more ancient—depicting Koor in its halcyon days—someone has circled the smelting house’s location in ink.

Perception check 2, DC15:
An expedition journal sits half-tucked under a rug beneath the bed. Reading the journal you uncover the following: "Today finds me in a wonderful mood, as I am once again in Koor. Something about its clay streets comforts me. I am quite busy planning my explorations. I have identified several promising locations and am confident I shall find the vault."
"Yesterday was very productive. I thoroughly searched several buildings, and discovered a few simple relics. But I am no closer to finding the Forbidden Furnace. Still, I quiver with excitement."
"What a brilliant day! I located the smelting house, and confirmed that the symbol from my research matches the markings etched on the building’s ruined walls."
"I saw it! It was only a flash of brilliant scales, but I am sure I had my first encounter with the legendary naga of Koor. I shall wake early and try to establish contact."
"Stupid day! I followed that ignorant beast into the vault, but it is as if it just vanished. Still, I made the initial penetration into the furnace. Blast this awful heat! I find the desert grating, and the stinging insects that assault me during the night are terrible. The furnace contained strange ethers, including a tangible blue mist—something about it was bizarre. I shall head back in the morning, and perhaps check other parts of the city for ingress into the vault. Surely the Forbidden Furnace has a back door."

Perception check 3, DC15:
Searching among the pots and plates on the makeshift kitchen in the tent’s northeast corner you easily find a set of broken, rusted ingot molds. The relics have recently been sanded and deoxidized to reveal the insignia of Koor’s smelting house.

Perception check 4, DC15:
On the armour stand in the northeastern corner of the pavilion is a breastplate. It is adorned with iconography. The armour is decorated with a depiction of a stern-looking priest forcing a marid into a lamp. In fact, this armor is engraved with the entire tale of the battle between Ahmad of the North and the Mad Marid. Intricate Keleshite script etched into the armor’s inner surface recounts the high priest’s victory in intricate detail. The script reads: "WHen I, ahmad of the north, LookEd at the SIX ISlands of the river laden i SAw a FiEnd, AND SO, UNDaunted, I FOUght him fieRcely. i attacked the MArid, striking with a flaming scYthe, and FrIed the outsider to Near Death. Yet i knew the OUtsider count to not Be Undone. RIghteously, i tossED the marid where he would be UNDetEcted foR GeneRatiOns—let this not be UNDone."

If somebody passes Perception check 4, any of you may then attempt the following additional skill checks:

Knowledge Religion DC10:
The iconography on the breastplate is a mixture of Toragdan and Qadiran motifs.

Linguistics DC 15:
You note that some of the letters in the script stand out. Putting them together, you decode the following hidden message: "WHILE SIX IS SAFE AND SOUND, FOUR MAY FIND YOU BURIED UNDERGROUND."

There are a number of scrolls in plain sight on the table, under a brass paperweight. at least one of you has Read Magic and/or sufficient spellcraft, so I'll just let you know what the scrolls are. There is a scroll of arcane eye, a scroll of locate creature, and a scroll of restoration.

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 10 | AC 24 (33)| T 23 (24)| FF 21 (29)| HP: 84/84 (104)| CMD 39+ | Fort +12 (14)| Ref +13 (14)| Will +13 | Init +2 | Perception +24 | Ki 7/11 SF 6/10

survival untrained: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Rocky searches the tent being careful not to damage anything. He points out what he finds.

kn religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

When looking at the odd wrting on the breastplate he comments.

"The iconography is a mixture of Toragdan and Qadiran motifs.

The Exchange

Male Tengu Gun1/Rogue7 | HP 53/53 | AC 19, T 15, FF 14* | F: +6, R: +13, W: +3 | CMD 20 | Perc +13 | Init +7

Survival (untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 12
Perception x4: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 171d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 321d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 241d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Religion (untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Korai draws and conceals his pepperbox then cautiously approaches the base camp.

Note: Using Deft Palm rogue talent to conceal my pepperbox while I'm wielding it in plain sight. Rather than me rolling sleight of hand over and over again, would you be OK with rolling it on my behalf behind the GM screen any time it would be relevant? My sleight of hand bonus is +20 when concealing a weapon due to my Underhanded rogue talent.

"Interesting, so we've got their map, journal, a few archaeological finds and... hmmm... what have we here..."

Korai looks up and down the breastplate and begins to read the etched writing out loud.

"WHen I, ahmad of the north, LookEd at the SIX ISlands of the river laden i SAw a FiEnd, AND SO, UNDaunted, I FOUght him fieRcely. i attacked the MArid, striking with a flaming scYthe, and FrIed the outsider to Near Death. Yet i knew the OUtsider count to not Be Undone. RIghteously, i tossED the marid where he would be UNDetEcted foR GeneRatiOns—let this not be UNDone."

He pauses, then rereads bits of it. "While six is safe and sound I four may find you buried underground."

He thinks for a moment, scratches his head. [b]"Hmm... that I probably was a lowercase and got dinged up with heavy use."[/ooc]

Reads linguistics spoiler... oh. Hah.

Korai nods in agreement with Rocky's assessment of the iconography, then carefully checks the table for traps before securing the scrolls.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

Survival 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Perception 1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Perception 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Perception 3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Perception 4 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Linguistics 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Gratus's mask may have looked like it aided him in searching, in reality it doesn't.
Finding a few clues and not saying a word in agreement as he too figures out the hidden meaning in the letters.

"We have the clue, the map, the location and that this place hasn't being inhabitated for some time. If there's nothing else we should move on."

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Summoner 8 [ HP 75/75 | AC 19(21)/13/16 | Fort +7, Ref +7(+8), Will +8 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init +4 | Perception +10] Summons-IV 0/8 - {f} Whiskers 57/57 AC23(24) { unsummoned }

Wembly waits until the ship has been secured then after disembarking, he touches the green gem on his forehead and with a glow, his winged cat, Whiskers appears.

See! I told you I'd get you.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

After the search is completed, Wembly climbs aboard Whiskers.

Aye, unless there is anything else of interest here, we can get moving. How far until the next location? I love maps. Can I see it? Does it show where the Marid is or was? I wonder if it is still there.

Sovereign Court

Tengu Bard 9| HP 57/57 | Effects Active: See Invisibility l AC 20 (FF 19 Touch 13) CMD 19 | Init +5 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +9 | Spd 30' |
Skills:
Per +14, SenMot +19, Diplo +19, Perform (Oratory) +19, Acro +13, Esc Artist +12
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 18/25 | Spells - 3rd Lvl 1/4 | 2nd Lvl 1/5 | 1st Lvl 4/7 | 0 Lvl (at will) (see profile for spells)

During the journey on the ship you notice Paicho has occasional conversations with a voice that seems to come out of nowhere, that is somewhat sarcastic. You soon learn that Paicho sword can speak!

Paicho watches as his fellow Pathfinders examine what's to be found in the tent. Occasionally, taking the time to inspect their findings.

Excellent job everyone! So it seems he naga is real and a good place might be the smelting house? Unless someone has another idea.

The Exchange

Male Tengu Gun1/Rogue7 | HP 53/53 | AC 19, T 15, FF 14* | F: +6, R: +13, W: +3 | CMD 20 | Perc +13 | Init +7

"We should bring some of these excavation tools in with us. Our predecessor may have done most of the work for us, but 90% done still leaves 10% to go."

With that, Korai taps himself with his wand of Ant Haul, and begins to collect a set of tools from the tents.

UMD: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 141d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

The wand sparkles a bit and Korai curses. "Erm... Paicho, would you mind?" He hands the wand to his feathered compatriot.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

I'm happy to make any Sleight of Hand checks needed for your Deft Palm behind the screen, Korai. Makes sense.

A thorough search confirms that Zahra left no traps here, and you recover the scrolls. You can also collect a variety of tools quantity dependent on successful activation of Korai's Ant Haul wand; Paicho or other PCs may still attempt to do so.

The maps clearly show the location of the smelting house, and evidently Zahra had a special interest in that location. Following the maps, you cross the sandswept causeway and enter the forgotten city.

It is eerily silent. Only the wind disturbs the sand that accumulates in dunes amongst the abandoned and ruined buildings. The heat is stifling.

It takes you about thirty minutes to walk from the base camp to the smelting house. When Zahra first uncovered and excavated the entrance, she marked it clearly not only on her map, but also on the paving stones of Koor’s streets, and a perimeter of brightly colored flags, roped off with surveyor’s string, now surrounds the smelting house. You recognise a Torgadan emblem from the ingot moulds you found at Zahra's camp.

Inside, a once-secret passage stands open, its locking apparatus destroyed to prevent accidental closure. The hidden stairway is 10 feet wide, and descends 50 feet into a stone chamber. You had hoped that delving underground you might find some escape from the heat, but it is worse below than above.

Black iron girds the lower half of this grand hall’s walls, while a vibrant mosaic covers the upper half. The mural depicts a greedy man risking his life for a golden trinket. On the hall’s east wall, an ornamental door seems incomplete; its center is devoid of decorations in a six-foot-diameter circle. Flanking this door are six additional cast iron doors, three on the north wall and three on the south. On the chamber’s west wall, a steep staircase rises to meet the streets of Koor. You entered via this stair.

See Map slide. Wembly, I have made a token for Whiskers - the baby chimera token.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

What are you doing for light sources down here?

The Exchange

Male Tengu Gun1/Rogue7 | HP 53/53 | AC 19, T 15, FF 14* | F: +6, R: +13, W: +3 | CMD 20 | Perc +13 | Init +7

I've got low-light vision, and should that prove not enough, a sunrod on hand and ready to use. Let me know if it becomes needed so I can manage hands appropriately for combat. WRT ant haul, re-reading it, it's a summoner spell so Wembly can auto-activate it, if he'd be so kind.

Korai carefully inspects the path ahead, then approaches the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
"Hmm, the ornamentation in the middle of this door has either been pilfered, or is deliberately missing some components. If the latter, it may be a sort of obfuscated latching mechanism..."

Korai refrains from touching the door as of yet, and instead walks up and down the hall, taking rough notes on the contents of the mural, looking for any clues that may supplement the hidden note from the breastplate.

"Well, 6 iron doors. I wonder if this is what the note referred to. Can any of you see any markings on these that would identify them? If they are clearly 1-6 then I'd recommend aiming for 6 and avoiding 4."

Sovereign Court

Tengu Bard 9| HP 57/57 | Effects Active: See Invisibility l AC 20 (FF 19 Touch 13) CMD 19 | Init +5 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +9 | Spd 30' |
Skills:
Per +14, SenMot +19, Diplo +19, Perform (Oratory) +19, Acro +13, Esc Artist +12
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 18/25 | Spells - 3rd Lvl 1/4 | 2nd Lvl 1/5 | 1st Lvl 4/7 | 0 Lvl (at will) (see profile for spells)

Yes, what is the current light? Paicho has Low-light also.

Paicho takes the Wand from Korai.

A little assistance Gamin, Paicho says gripping the hilt of his sword.

Fine! Can be heard from a muffled voice within his scabbard.

Gamin casts guidance on Paicho.

UMD on Wand of Ant Haul: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 1 = 31

Paicho casts Ant Haul with no problem. The casts Heightened Awareness as they get underway.

-----
Once in the grand hall, Paicho helps his fellow tengu look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Any knowledge checks here?

Yes, Korai, but which is 6?

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 10 | AC 24 (33)| T 23 (24)| FF 21 (29)| HP: 84/84 (104)| CMD 39+ | Fort +12 (14)| Ref +13 (14)| Will +13 | Init +2 | Perception +24 | Ki 7/11 SF 6/10

Rocky has darkvision

Seeing Korai gather tools Rocky does the same.
"Good idea. Let me help. I can help with your wand as well."

Rocky has about 95 pounds left while staying within light load so carrying the gear should be easy.

If Korai still wants help with the wand of Ant Haul Rocky takes out a book. Flips through it real quick mutters "Transmutation yes, Touch... and here." and attempts to use the wand.
umd: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 2 = 16

"Odd. Are you sure the wand isn't broken?"

Before we actually enter the ruins Rocky will prepare himself for danger.
He will spend 1 ki to cast Barkskin on himself and will consult his book while trying to use his wand of Mage Armor and Heightened Awareness. He will discharge the Highlighted Awareness for +4 to initiative if it comes up.

umd mage armor: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 2 = 31

umd Highlighted Awareness: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 2 = 19
umd Highlighted Awareness 2nd try: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 2 = 20

Rocky will then put both wands and his book away and watch Korai work.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

I believe I got Ant haul on my spell list.
I have Darkvision.

Gratus waits silently not saying a word as he watches his rather strange companions attempting to activate a wand with various results. He does note that one of them has an intelligent sword! How curious.

He does take some tools meant for excavating and puts them in his rather plain bag. It somehow holds the tools.....

Once inside the ruins, Gratus casts Detect Magic.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Summoner 8 [ HP 75/75 | AC 19(21)/13/16 | Fort +7, Ref +7(+8), Will +8 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init +4 | Perception +10] Summons-IV 0/8 - {f} Whiskers 57/57 AC23(24) { unsummoned }

Wembly atop Whiskers, follows the others. He will cast mage-armor on himself and another on Whiskers once they arrive.

I can help carry stuff, I have a bit of room in my haversack. So is this like a puzzle? I love puzzles.

He looks at the doors, trying to discern any markings.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Lowlight for Wembly, darkvision for Whiskers


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

There is no light source here; the chamber is in darkness. Korai, your sunrod will solve that problem so I'll assume you activate it.

The wand of ant haul is activated, and Rocky and those of you with extradimensional storage also help stow various tools. Henceforth I shall assume that you have available any mundane tool that was described in the camp.

There is no indication of any order to the iron doors. They are unmarked. They have handles, but no keyholes, and you discern that they open outwards towards you.

The mosaic clearly honours Torag, showing scenes from the operation of a great forge.

GM screen:
??: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Gratus, you sense no magic but that which the party has brought with them.

The heat here is oppressive. Now is the time to activate any Endure Elements spells or items you may have. Rocky, you bought a wand I think? Nobody else had one on their sheet that I could see.

Paicho, no knowledge checks would be useful here. The Toragdan imagery is obvious enough not to need a check.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

Gratus has Endure Element for heat on his helm.

1 to 50 of 446 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [OutPost 1] PFS 2-18 GM supervillan's Forbidden Furnace of Forgotten Koor All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.