Hmm's Incident at Absalom Station (Inactive)

Game Master Hmm

GM Screen:

[dice=Perception, Big Jim]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception, Cadence Rem]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Perception, Hawthorne the Innovator]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Perception, Simagus]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception, Xyklik]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Perception, Zeyram]1d20+1[/dice]

Who Goes First?:

[dice=Initiative, Big Jim]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative, Cadence Rem]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Initiative, Hawthorne the Innovator]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative, Simagus]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative, Xyklik]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative, Zeyram]1d20+2[/dice]

Maps


1,201 to 1,220 of 1,220 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // Skitter Shot //

Clara feels Cade’s supercharge spell hit her weapon, then nods professionally, darting and aiming.

The GM also owes y’all 6 damage on the because she forgot Clara’s weapon specialization.

Stealth for Trick: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Static Arc Pistol: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Supercharged Electrical Damage+Trick: 1d6 + 2 + 4d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (6, 3, 1, 4) + (1) = 23 (33!)

GM Calculator, total with back-owed damage: 33 + 6 = 39

It burns! It burns! Is what you hear in your minds before the Garaggakal suddenly falls over, a huge hole where its chest used to be. Then its final thoughts drift towards you as it dies... How wasteful... They won’t even be able to dissect me to know my full glory... I wonder what you will think, Kasatha, when you at last taste me.

You feel it die in your heads. No final prayers, no pleas for forgiveness or mercy. Just a wistful thought about all the meals it has known — and lost opportunities.

Job done, Clara turns to Cade, the corners of her lips turning up in a fleeting half-smile. “Thank you. All matters tallied, I may have to reconsider my prior stance on teamwork.”

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

You are alone in the hangar bay with a wounded Zeyram, two human corpses, one very alien corpse, one floating skull and the sweetest ship you have ever seen. What do you do now?

We’re at the end, but let’s close this out strong. Tell me what you folks do with your find and your hard-won knowledge! It is almost experience and waffles time, everyone!


Male TN Android Mercenary Mystic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Low-Light / Dark Vision

Seeing Zeyram taking the hit he reaches out and whispers a quick prayer to Saranrae as her healing powers flow into his companion.

Healing touch: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Wayfinders

Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 1 / Operative 3 | SP 25/25 HP 29/29 | RP 5/5 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +7; Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 40ft | Mode: Unattuned | Active conditions: None.

Well, that was unpleasant.” Zeyram says, looking down at the remains. “I hope not all of that race are like that, trying to eat and dissect sentient creatures in order to learn of them.

Turning to Simagus, he says “Thank you.” as he feels some of his injuries fade away.

He then turns to Clara and says “If you want to try working in a team, we could introduce you to some people with the Starfinder Society. They are looking for people and have extensive training facilities. I know that once I get back to the station, I will be looking to take advantage of that. Expand my training.

As the adrenaline wears off, he sits and stares at the Sunruse Maiden. Getting out one of the healing serums, he drinks it and then says “Nice looking ship. I guess we just found our ride back to the station.

Healing Serum MK I: 1d8 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male LN shirren mercenary soldier 3 | SP 24/24 HP 27/27 | RP 4/4 | EAC 17; KAC 20 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Xyklik Cold-Scythe-In-Harvest stands over the Garaggakal for a long time. He feels the urge to stomp its head in. To vent his frustration on this mission, how it spun out of control so quickly. For that fool goblin whose brains now decorate this place. It's something a human would do, he thinks. Then, just as he is about to turn away, he makes the decision and oxytocin and serotonin flood through his brain as he brings his boot down on the creature's jagged mouth. He says nothing, only stomps away in the void. A rhythmic thump, thump, thump can be felt through the metal close to him as he stomps the head, now in a ragged pile with broken teeth sticking out of it.

When he's done, he looks over at the others, as if nothing happened, "We should take any examples of this odd technology back to the Station."

He looks to Zeyram. "It sounds like this ship is ours, by Moriko Nash's last will and testament."

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 1 / Operative 3 | SP 25/25 HP 29/29 | RP 5/5 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +7; Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 40ft | Mode: Unattuned | Active conditions: None.

Zeyram nods agreement. “Yes, the will seemed very clear. She wanted the ship to continue flying.

With a trace of sadness in his voice, he adds “That is what spaceships are made for.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG human (themeless) technomancer 1 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | |Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Cade shrugs at Clara, ”Gonna re-assess your views on the value of sentient life?”

Then he looks round at the splayed corpses, ”Those people. Should we...”

He scuffs the dirt, walks away from the group, toward the Sunrise Maiden.
What is wrong with these people, that f+~#in’ thing, this crazy witch... are they missing something? Am I?

Cade runs his fingers through his hair, shaking his head.

Wayfinders

Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 1 / Operative 3 | SP 25/25 HP 29/29 | RP 5/5 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +7; Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 40ft | Mode: Unattuned | Active conditions: None.

In response to Cadence, Zeyram looks to where the corpses are on display. “Yes, we should do something for them. It would be disrespectful to leave them like that.

He still seems somewhat winded from the blow he took. He remains where he is, taking some time to rest.

Wayfinders

Male CG human (themeless) technomancer 1 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | |Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Can we access the Sunrise Maiden?

Cade walks around the ship, looking for any hull damage, and any access.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN shirren mercenary soldier 3 | SP 24/24 HP 27/27 | RP 4/4 | EAC 17; KAC 20 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

"Yes we should," Xyklik says, looking at the dead humans. "We do still have two incendiary grenades left. I remember military officers talking of a death ritual of pre-gap humans, that they would send their dead out on boats and light them afire." He produces one of the grenades. "Shall we set them to burn among the stars?"

Wayfinders

Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 1 / Operative 3 | SP 25/25 HP 29/29 | RP 5/5 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +7; Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 40ft | Mode: Unattuned | Active conditions: None.

Zeyram looks to Hawthorne, somewhat surprised by Xyklik’s description. He asks the priest “Is that the appropriate human ritual?

Incinerating the bodies like that would prevent the Adata from ever recovering the memories.

Dataphiles

NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 4 | SP 28/28 HP 28/28 RP 4/5 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 28 | F +5 R +9 W +3 | Perc +7 (darkvision) SM +0 | Init +5 | Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions: water breathing, resist electric 5

Hawthorne scans the identification on the dissected humans for later. "Unfortunately, Zeyram, all of their kind are as twisted or worse. They are demons of the Drift. They do possess neither conscience nor kindness."

The mechanic tries to access the Sunrise Maiden. "I agree. This would serve as a way home if we can get her engines running."

Acquisitives

2 people marked this as a favorite.
'Big Jim' | sp 21/21 | hp 24/24 | rp 2/2 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | fort +4 ref +5, will +1 | init +2 | Perc 4 (LL)/ Vesk Mechanic Icon 3

Cameras roll
"So viewers at home, it's Big Jim and Buster here, and now with little Red the apprentice!" all three wave to the camera "In this episode, we go over a long abandoned ship and we need to make sure she's safe and operational in order to get home form an asteroid, sounds exciting huh? Let's get started! Now the first thing you need to check for on an old wreck like this is..."

Jim, Buster, and Red simply fall back into character and start going over the ship to make sure it's still flightworthy.

Wayfinders

Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 1 / Operative 3 | SP 25/25 HP 29/29 | RP 5/5 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +7; Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 40ft | Mode: Unattuned | Active conditions: None.

Zeyram can't help but smile as Big Jim turns the pre-flight checkout into an educational show.

Still uncomfortable with the idea of incinerating the corpses, he allows the others to take care of that task.

He finds himself looking forward to returning to Absalom Station. Perhaps he will even ask Tudil if she can help him learn some basic first aid. His experiences here have shown him that he needs to broaden his studies.

As it looks like the others are ready to enter the ship, Zeyram gets up and makes sure everything is in place. Switching his arc pistol back to the non-lethal setting, he holsters it. He also checks that his scarf looks good.

Carefully positioning himself, he times his push-off so he will be at the handle near the hatch just as Jim finishes his check.

"Sounds like everything out here looks good, Big Jim! Thanks for checking!" he says, smiling in the direction of the camera. "Time to go inside!"


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // Skitter Shot //

So with both trepidation and excitement, you board the Sunrise Maiden, finding it to be not only the perfect set for the new Jim’s Jams show, but also a vehicle for your further adventures...

THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS ADVENTURE WITH ME

It’s been a tradition in my games to end with little Vignettes called ‘Easter Eggs’ as the credits roll. Feel free to explore something important to your character, or a relationship that you made early on.

Hmm

PS I have the interior of the Sunrise Maiden pictured on Slide One of the Slideshow right now. The ship will appear on your chronicle sheets, and will be an option for you to bring on future SFS adventures along with the Drake and the Pegasus!

Wayfinders

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male CG human (themeless) technomancer 1 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | |Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Wrapped in a webbing shroud, the two bodies drift into the vast blackness until a silent explosion incinerates the remains.
Cade tries to remember the lines from the Desnan and Pharasman ceremony at his father’s funeral.
”Born from the stars, to the stars we return;
A circle within a circle, a dream within a dream,
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust,
Born from the stars, to the stars are souls yearn.”

Acquisitives

3 people marked this as a favorite.
'Big Jim' | sp 21/21 | hp 24/24 | rp 2/2 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | fort +4 ref +5, will +1 | init +2 | Perc 4 (LL)/ Vesk Mechanic Icon 3

/cutscene/back at the diner/

Big Jim comes out of the diner after speaking to the Ysoki crime lord to see how the kids have gone riding around the neighbourhood with Buster. Jim almost drops his delicious dumpling as Buster comes back into view - brightly painted and wildly decorated by the Ysoki children, complete with a big mouse nose and fake whiskers on the front.

Jim is a rather sentimental Vesk though, and thanks the kids for sharing their joy (and their craft supplies) and spends the rest of the night cleaning Buster up ready for the next days filming.

Big Jim seems somewhere between Tim the Toolman and Mr Rogers

Dataphiles

3 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 4 | SP 28/28 HP 28/28 RP 4/5 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 28 | F +5 R +9 W +3 | Perc +7 (darkvision) SM +0 | Init +5 | Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions: water breathing, resist electric 5

Sometime in the future...

The small chamber is illuminated by the cold light of several LCD monitors and holo-displays arranged around Hawthorne. He sits cross-legged in the center of the mess of cables and keyboards. A silvery cable connects his datajack to a repurposed server blade from which several other cables join the multicolored rainbow web between several other devices. Ultimately, the path of cables leads to a damaged saav data core. The core hovers just above a rune inscribed circle.

"Are you ready?" the mechanic speaks into the virtual world within his mind. He interprets the silence from his integrated artificial intelligence as eager assent rather than trepidation. Hawthorne types out the last string of experimental code and strikes the enter key with a flourish.

There is a brief crackle and flash, then the lights of the monitors go out.

Faint blue motes of light begin to appear over Hawthorne's hand. The motes quickly multiply and then begin to organize themselves into increasingly complex geometric shapes. Suddenly, the spread out into a disk of light. After a moment, a twenty centimeter tall, translucent woman dressed and styled in ancient Golarion fashion (Chelaxian dilentante) rises out of the pool of light.

"I'm free!" Sophia projects into the audible spectrum as she makes a pirouette above her engineer's hand.

"You say thta everytime I upgrade you," Hawthorne replies with a chuckle.

Out of Character Spoiler:
Nathaniel Hawthorne's wife's name was Sophia Peabody.

Wayfinders

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 1 / Operative 3 | SP 25/25 HP 29/29 | RP 5/5 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +7; Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 40ft | Mode: Unattuned | Active conditions: None.

The obstacle coarse was definitely a challenge, but he could tell that he was getting better. He was now at the point where he could finish it in normal, low, or zero gravity. Although all the ships he had ever been on had some sort of artificial gravity, his experiences on the Drift Rock convinced him he needed to learn how to maneuver in environments without gravity.

Once done with this run, it would be time to go back to the language tapes and cultural background material. It wasn't just his physical abilities that needed improvement.

At least he could look forward to some personal tutoring from Tudil later tonight. First Aid was another skill they had needed on the Acreon, but she made the lessons quite pleasant.

Profile updated. Multi classing into Operative (Daredevil) so I can stay with small arms.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male LN shirren mercenary soldier 3 | SP 24/24 HP 27/27 | RP 4/4 | EAC 17; KAC 20 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Xyklik stares out of the window of the Sunrise Maiden's gunnery port, watching the stars shift in the void. He'd bowed his head during the service led by Cadence Rem, and then boarded the ship in quiet contemplation. Now, he rests back in the synth-leather chair, staring out at the void. The pin-prick of light that is Absalom Station grows larger, more in focus by the minute. And as the minutes pass his mind turns over and over, replaying the mission. He catalogs the things he's carried back with him: five new scars from the zombies and akatas that plagued the asteroid; a depleted battery pack, since ejected from his worn laser rifle; an alien mystery of a weapon bigger than he could likely ever imagine (who built it? what was it for?); the memories of death and viscera within the asteroid's halls; and five new friends. He wonders if he will meet them again, perhaps a passing nod in the Lorespire Complex, a mission with one or more? He flexes his arm, rotates the soreness from his shoulder. The questions and worry will have to wait. He tries to set his mind at ease, but the visions of violence still flood across his mind, so he spins up a familiar recording to his comm unit again to drown out the images.

"If you're receiving this, it means I'm dead..."

----

Security camera footage, The Armada, Absalom Station, incryption class: none

Xyklik looms over a customs agent while others argue to let a goblin with a red bandana aboard the Station. News cameras swirl around the scene, as if expecting a worthy feed.

----

Security camera footage, The Spike, Absalom Station, incryption class: WPA2-SWARM

The subject walks determinedly to a seedy club, the sign out front reading Blue Fusion. It is some time before the telltale signs of a bar brawl erupt from within, patrons running, and members of the Downside Kings hobbling out with bruises on their faces.

---

Security camera footage, Lorespire Complex, Absalom Station, incryption class: ERROR, anomalies detected. Reboot advised.

Grainy, half-wiped footage from a traffic cruiser above the complex. Xyklik enters an elevator bound for the Lorespire Complex hours before a gala event is set to take place with First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo.

Thanks for running! Had an absolute blast!


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // Skitter Shot //

From Tinteeth278@mailshot.abs

To: BigJim@JimsJams.abs, vipersfan444@mailshot.abs, allyourrootsbelongtous@driftmail.ak, cheliaxprincesssigma@exchange.vesk, zeyram@tempering.id, lady1nwait1ngXXX@hivesteam.net

Subject: I'm out!

Message:

I hope Chiskisk gave me the right emails for all of you. I managed to ship myself out of the Bluerise complex to the Starfinder Society in a packing crate labeled 'defective parts', though I am keeping this wrench welded to my head as a badge of honor.

Would you accept another member of your team? I'm sure to make you smile.

Bill278

PS Chiskisk seemed enamored with my new look, and the last time I saw him, he was attempting to glue a screwdriver onto his antennae. Is that normal for shirren?

1,201 to 1,220 of 1,220 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hmm's Incident at Absalom Station All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.