Gravel to Granite (Inactive)

Game Master Lareg

Started. Recruiting open. Apprentice-level game (Super Genius Games rule pre lvl 1. Pathfinder @ lvl 1 & beyond). Characters begin pre level 1, gain levels, and classes. Game run on the boards. Characters currently at lvl 2.


951 to 1,000 of 2,663 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Female Human

Speaking with Shayne in the stables.

Calming, only slightly. "So you don't really know do you? (Granita is trying to Sense Motive, 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6, Why does he want to know?) What does it matter? He is bad. He should die. He should have died many times before."


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

In the Infirmary

Caylen remains largely silent while Aak and Shayne take their turns attempting to persuade Frank from going into the valley. It's only when Shayne shows a dazzling display of illusory prowess that she makes the first sound since her arrival; that of a throaty whisper of surprise.

Watching the horrifying scene, Caylen's expression darkens. While she has no idea of it's true origin, she believes that what Shayne says is the full truth: that this is a vision of the future that awaits Frank should he venture into the valley.

Swallowing noisily and visibly shaken by the display, Caylen watches the exchange between the two. Once Shayne seems ready to leave, she affords him a concerned look, but first offers one more consoling to Frank. "Anywhere is better than there..." It's all she can really say now, the point has been rather clearly made.

As Shayne moves to depart, Caylen joins his side and offers him a worried look. She doesn't say anything -- not yet -- but the implicit offer of an ear willing to listen is made. Whenever Shayne is ready to speak of why he looks so emotionally weary from what he showed Frank.

If he ever is.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

I think at this point Silx is ready to move on, just waiting for everyone else to clean up what they need to get done


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Does Silx tell the others about Voz's departure?


Female Samsaran Monk

After either hearing about Voz or finding out that no one else has seen him.

Looking toward Shayne, "I'd be happy to introduce all of you to The Order of the Valiant. It is my hope that the lost temple is midway between here and Minmish. Two days journey I hope, will tell of some clue. Flipping through some notes. I've read of Watershed, but I haven't found it on any map. We can inquire further with The Order." Rema gathers the rest of her items. "When do you wish to be introduced to The Order of the Valiant?"

Caylen:
At Shayne's mention of Watershed you recall passing through the city with the caravan on your way south. If you do not have the PMs that I sent before let me know and I can send them again.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

I intend to, but it seemed that the various party members were off doing various things so i was waiting till they finished up so we can all be on the same page


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

I think everyone is currently gathered with Rema in the hall where meals are served.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

oh im sorry I should have been clearer. there was so much retcon going on that i was going to let them finish up before we continued in real time


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

I understand now. I think Shayne and Aak are the only two that have side events at the monastery to resolve. I'm working on a bit of stuff for Shayne and I think Aak has things about wrapped up. Either way we can continue real time or wrap the rest up first. I'm fine either way.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

well i haven't taken the time to read through it all, but it seems quite in depth guessing from the size of the posts lol


filler of waterskins

With Granita...

Shayne is neither bluffing nor hiding his motives. As he said (albeit a bit obtusely) he wants to learn any information that will help him stay safe. He realizes Granita, having grown up within the cult, must know more about it that she has shared. And because cultist-henchmen normally do not live long enough to have adult daughters, he suspects Granita's father is either Tolin or someone almost as high-ranking in the cult.

"So you have said before. Well, as I said, I must go. I pray my destiny is to sing about the good guys, not to meet the bad guys."

I think that wraps up the side conversations with Master Toe'n, Granita, and Franklin.

--

With Rema...

"Does Silx know where to find Voz? They have been spending time together. If Voz is also traveling to Minmish it would be good to have him along. Aside from that possible rush, I have no preference about when we visit The Order of the Valiant. I would also like to ask the monks if they would provide me with some armor, weapons, and provisions for this expedition."


Female Samsaran Monk

I'll leave the questions concerning Voz to Silx. After Rema gathers here things she considers Shayne's thoughts.

Nodding, "I will take my things to my room. I will bring a petition before Master Toe'n concerning our endeavor. I will need at least a full day to prepare. We can speak more at the evening meal, but I imagine we can depart the day after tomorrow. Perhaps tomorrow I can introduce everyone to The Order. How does that sound?" Rema looks around at the members of the group.


Female Samsaran Monk

At the evening meal Rema speaks to the group or tracks everyone done if they are not eating together. Either way, she provides an update.

"Master Toe'n has given his approval. Though he regrets that they have little in the way of armor or fitting weapons beyond those that have already been provided to some of you. Although he did say that there is some studded leather armor that was recently donated. One of the craftsman at The Order is adjusting it for Shayne as we speak. Provisions that we may need are at our disposal. Are there any other concerns?"


Female Samsaran Monk

The following morning...

After the morning meal Rema gathers the group, “The Order will see us now.” From the hall Rema leads the group out of a rear door, which leads to a few stairs. These stairs go up to another hallway that leads to a door that leaves form the front of the monastery. From exit you can see that you’re near the stairs that you came up when you first arrived. Heading down, you pass the large wooden doors. The doors are open while monks unload goods. Mal’c stands nearby supervising and assisting.


Male Human Monk

With a wave Mal’c smiles, “Franklin has agreed to wait. Voz will be returning after finishing the patrol south. He is going to move the goods south after he returns in a week. Thank you for your help.”


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

Filled with nervous energy, Caylen looks to be both excited and frightened of the prospects of a new and unknown adventure alongside a handful of near strangers. Though relieved from the revelations of the monastery regarding portions of her identity and burden, there are still so many things that the young woman does not understand, and things she has yet to reveal regarding herself.

Following Rema to meet with the Order, Caylen carries herself just a little taller now. Though still untrained in the mystic power she commands, the intuitive nature of it is beginning to feel somewhat natural. Perhaps this next destination -- wherever it takes her -- will provide both answers, and a chance to better understand the true scope of the power she now commands.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

i probably won't get updated to lv 1 for a bit, got a few tests this week


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

I'll toss up a link to stats for a pregen rogue if we have a combat encounter before you have a chance to get updated. Hope the tests go well.

Down the road but a short distance the group arrives at The Order of the Valiant’s compound. The low lying building is made of large stones, carved from the mountain. At the door stands an armor clad man, his half-plate polished and gleaming in the morning sun. The man nods at Rema, opening the large wooden door, as he steps aside.

The door is made of heavy wood fasten with strips of metal. Beyond the door is an entryway that leads to a hallway. The hallway is lined with full plate armor, posed as if standing guard. Several banners are also draped periodically along the long hall, each is decorated with a golden eye on a blue and white diamond pattern.

Toward the end of the hallway are three doorways, the left and right lead to small sitting rooms, and the doorway forward leads to a stairway that heads down. Rema turns left where a lightly armored man sits waiting at a small table. Surrounding the table are enough chairs for everyone to sit. Behind the sitting man stands a young woman, dressed in simple brown robes.

The man at the table greets the party, “Welcome, I am Basaik. It is good of you to come.” Glancing toward Rema, “As always, a pleasure to see you Sadhvis Rema.” Gesturing toward the chairs, “Please sit. Tell me, how can we help you on your way?”


filler of waterskins

During the walk there, Shayne confirms with Rema whether or not she would be traveling on this quest with them. (It sounded to him like she would, but she never made that clear.)

If she is actually leading the expedition, not merely sending us on it for her, then he will ask her to do most of the talking with the Order. What might they know that would be of help?

Shayne also asks the others if there is any equipment the Order might be able to loan them. (He would like to borrow a dagger, rapier, shortbow, and arrows, and a small shield. He guesses the group could also use a Healer's Kit, Disguise Kit, Thieves' Tools, and if available some Holy Water.)


Female Samsaran Monk

On the way to the Order.
Nodding as Shayne expresses his concerns, "In my excitement I must have been unclear. I will travel with all of you as we try to find the temple. I'm not sure about the items you've mentioned, but I can attend to most injuries." She goes on to describe the set of needles she carries with her. The needles, Rema tries to explain, help her free the life energy of the injured. "I am also adept at using my own ki to renew the health and well-being of others. I will of course inquire of these items with The Order, but you may need to explain their use."


Female Samsaran Monk

Inside The Order of the Valiant’s compound.
Rema bows before sitting, "Thank you for seeing us Basaik. Gesturing toward the group members, "May I introduce Aak, Caylen, Shayne, and Silx. These four are the same group of adventures I am sure you have heard word of. They helped Granita escape the clutches of Tolin and his men. Pausing.. Rema pauses here to give the PCs a chance to introduce themselves. You can backtrack to this moment if you like. As you are aware I have been searching for clues to the whereabouts of a lost temple. With the information I have learned this past week I am ready now to begin my search. These four agreed to help. It is my hope that you might be able to help us with supplies." Rema lowers her head slightly at the request, showing deference to Basaik.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Basaik smiles broadly, "Even after these many months you are still so formal Sadhvis Rema. Name the things you need and I will do what I can. His smile grows wider at the sound of footsteps coming up stairs, "Here is Lusa now with the studded leather that monks sent to have adjusted." Basaik nods toward the woman as she enters.

Though older than Basaik, the woman's dark raven hair has not a streak of grey. She wears an apron and beads of sweat cover her arms. She speaks with great confidence. "I have finished the last bit of embellishment. What I could not do with magic to my satisfaction, I did by hand. She rests the studded leather on the table in front of Shayne. I believe this is for you sir gnome."

The Studded Leather Armor has a small engraving of a dragon near the right shoulder. The metal stud where the dragon’s eye is has been replaced with a smaller polished copper stud.

Aak:
You recognize both Basaik, who you encountered in the library (see PM), and the armor as the same equipment you donated to the monastery. The dragon engraved in the leather resembles the illustrations you observed in the book Linorg found for you.

Shayne:
This Masterwork Studded Leather Armor has a small engraving of a dragon near the right shoulder. The metal stud where the dragon’s eye is has been replaced with a smaller polished copper stud. Once per day the wearer can use the spell stone shape, CL 5th, by touching the copper stud and saying “dragon.”

Basaik smiles at Aak, "I believe the dragon should be familiar to you. Turning toward Rema, Now tell me Rema, what other supplies can we help with?"


Female Samsaran Monk

Rema bows again, "Your generosity is very much appreciated. As you know the monastery has few weapons, beyond those they train with. Though I am sure we could make use of a finely crafted quarterstaff, we are in need of more.. Rema searches for a word. .. or should I say, less traditional weapons. Might you have a dagger or rapier that you could lend us? A shortbow and arrows would also be appreciated. And for protection, a small shield? Other useful items that we could use include a Healer's Kit Rema looks toward Shayne as she tries to recall the other items.. a disgust kit? teaves tools? and some Holy Water." Rema's confusion fades as she closes her requests with something she does understand. She bows again.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Basaik does his best to control his chuckling, "I believe you mean a Disguise Kit and Thieves' Tools. Looking toward Lusa We will look through our armory and see what we have to spare. As for the Disguise Kit and Thieves' Tools I'm afraid that several of our members who specialize in such things are abroad. I believe Sena here, gesturing toward the young woman standing beside him may be of assistance with the Healer's Kit and Holy Water." With a nod from Basaik the young woman steps forward.

"Greetings," she smiles broadly, but quickly seems disappointed. "I'm afraid that I have used up all but one last kit. The men that came in the wagon had very bad injuries. It is not safe to return to the valley for supplies until the others return." Smiling again, "but I'd be happy to provide you with holy water. How much do you need?"

Sena looks at Rema, who in turn looks at Shayne.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc

It is pleasure to meet you Basaik. We appreciate your generosity.


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

Caylen bows respectfully and keeps her bandaged hands tucked within her wide sleeves. Letting Rema do the talking, she offers Shayne a look when the supplies are listed off, smiling appreciatively before turning her attention back to Basaik.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

"Whatever you can have for us by tomorrow. We will be departing soon." Shayne smiles at Sena as he answers.

Sena nods and heads out of the room and down the stairs. Lusa does likewise.


Female Samsaran Monk

With the matter of supplies being addressed, Basaik looks to Rema "And now to your maps. I believe there were some questions concerning those?"

Rema nods, "Yes, I've read of Watershed, but I do not see it on any of the maps I have found."

Basaik explains that Watershed is a relatively new name for an old city. Most of the maps in the monastery still use the old name, Hanowhahn.

I'll make sure the city is on the map I've posted and toss up the narrative concerning preparation tomorrow.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Shortly after Basaik explains the issue with the old maps from the monastery, Lusa returns with her arms full.

"Sena says she will bring the holy water to you tomorrow before you leave. Lusa sits a large bone shield on the table and a sack. From the sack she pulls a shortbow and quiver, which has arrows (20) inside. Finally she unwraps a dagger, that was covered in a bit of leather. These should serve you well enough. Once more of our Order returns from the battle in the north, we should be able to secure the valley again. The shop in Hillside will have better items for sale. Though if you're heading south the port city of Shinmish will have an even better selection among its many shops and merchants. Lusa turns to depart and then stops suddenly, I almost forgot. She unhooks a rapier from a belt loop. And this. May it remain ever sharp. With a slight bow, Lusa departs.

Items:
Masterwork Heavy bone shield (+1 Armor, -1 Penalty, 15% Arcane Spell failure), Dagger, Shortbow & quiver, Arrows, Common, and Rapier.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

The group departs with the items from The Order, Basaik provides Rema with a small feather token. He is quite anxious to find out if they group is able to locate the lost temple.

Once they arrive back at the monastery, Mal'c offers to help gather supplies as soon as he and the others are finished unloading the merchant's cargo.

With that everyone returns to their rooms. By the end of the day everyone has packed whatever supplies they brought with them. Mal'c provides water and rations for a weeks journey. If there are other supplies that the group might need mention them and I'll let you know if the monastery can provide them. Come morning the group is well stocked and ready to head out. Though Rema is last to join the group, she seems well rested and ready to direct the group along the planned route.

As the group checks over their gear, Sena approaches.

"Here you are. She hands Shayne two pints of holy water. I hope you only need them to bless the lost temple once you find it."


Female Samsaran Monk

Smiling, "And now we are ready."

With a nod Rema leads the group through the small walking paths that line the terraced gardens. Mal'c walks with you some of the way, bidding you farewell and good journey. He will ask Basaik to send word to the monastery when he hears from Rema.

As the mountain side grows taller, there are fewer and fewer gardens. In the distance you can see a cavern opening into the mountain side.

Working at one of the last gardens along the path Rema is guiding you down are Sam and Granita. The two smile as all of you approach.


Male Human

"Thank you all for helping me find this place - my place." Approaching Caylen, "And you my dear" He embraces Caylen like a daughter. "You take care of these three." Elbowing Aak in a jesting motion, "and you watch her back." With that he wipes a tear from his eye with a bit of his sleeve that isn't caked with dirt and resumes his work in the garden.


Female Human

Granita stands behind Sam, her expression hard to read. The tears welling in her eyes reveal her feelings.

"The four of you stay safe. Half smiling at Rema. And don't you lead them down any bad roads.. or any that head back in this direction." Granita laughs, but it is a weak sound. She offers each of the group a quick hug.

"I'd better get these back to the monastery." She picks up a full basket of vegetables that she and Sam have dug from the garden. She turns to wave at the group after walking a bit of the way back toward the monastery.


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

Embracing Sam, Caylen's smile is a bittersweet one. When she pulls away, the young girl can't help but be moved to sympathetic tears at the older man's show of emotion. "I will," she promises all too quickly. "I hope everything goes well for you here... I'll look for you when we all return."

Not if. But, when.


Female Samsaran Monk

After leading the group to the mouth of the cavern, "The brothers and sisters her use this tunnel only in emergencies. Their maps indicate that it goes some ways to another cave, which faces the road the leads south. If we go quickly we should arrive at the cave at the end of this cavern by nightfall. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd rather not sleep in the tunnel." She looks at each group member, seeing if there are any last moment concerns. "Very well. I will stand along side whoever wishes to lead us into the tunnel. Do one of you wish to scout ahead?" She looks toward Silx.

I'm guessing Silx will stealth ahead, with Rema waiting near the cavern entrance. Once the group enters the tunnel Caylen and Shayne could take the middle with Aak heading up the rear. Of course, let me know if you have a different marching order in mind.

  • Perception rolls for everyone.
  • Stealth roll for Silx.


  • Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

    The dim light at the cave slowly gives way to complete darkness.

    Hidden Rolls:
    RS:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15, RP: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


    Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

    Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

    Caylen will definitely hang near Shayne since they're both more "support" types, and Caylen doesn't carry a weapon. She'll never want to be more than 30 feet from Aak however, so she can move/heal in one go.

    _________

    On entering the tunnel, Caylen squints against the dark of the subterranean passage. Reaching out a hand towards Shayne, she touches the bone shield that was given to him by the monks. "ஒளி," she says in a lilting, melodic tone, before the shield begins to shed a warm firelight around them all.

    Now able to see better, Caylen affords Shayne a lopsided and somewhat nervous smile.

    _________

    Casting light on Shayne's bone shield. Even if it's stowed it will still shed illumination for everyone. Bright light out to 20 feet, dim light out to 40. Lasts for 10-minutes.


    Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

    Oh DM, you know me so well haha. Also I got Silx updated to level 1. after wednesday evening i'll probably catch up

    Stealth1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
    Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


    Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

    Between the light from Shayne's shield and the light coming into the cave the entrance is now quite easy to make out.

    The cavern looks to have been a mine entrance long ago. Though the markings of long since scavenged track can be seen on the floor of the tunnel, the tell tale markings around the entrance are the only other clue that reveals the man made nature of the tunnel entrance.

    Perception 10 or greater:
    There is a corpse of a small animal ahead, it looks like it hasn't been dead for more than a few days.

    The tunnel is 15 feet wide at the entrance, but quickly narrows to 10 feet wide. Though there seems to be rough terrain further ahead, the area nearest the entrance is level and free of large debris.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Orc

    1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 perception


    Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

    Perception roll for Shayne: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3


    Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

    How far ahead does Silx go? How close does everyone else follow?


    Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

    Definitely withing hearing distance, try not to exit sight(my sight anyways) but if there's turns ill go around


    Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

    Prefer top be within 30 feet of Silx as well in the event of emergency healing. Anywhere in that range. So somewhere between a move action from either Aak and Silx.


    Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

    Silx:
    As you move forward the cavern stays straight for what looks to be to be at least 100 feet. About (1d4 ⇒ 4 x ten, 40) feet from the entrance you can see the small dead animal up close. It appears to be a very young wolf. Roll Perception & Stealth

    Silx heads into the tunnel about thirty five feet. He's slows slightly, taking a look at something on the ground at the side of the tunnel.


    Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

    Stealth1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
    Perc1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

    Looking at the corpse curiuosly, Silx examines it and the area around it, seeing if he can identify what may have happened to it


    Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

    Silx:
    As you silently move toward the corpse you can clearly tell it is in the early stages of decomposition. The small wolf corpse is no larger than a pup. The abdomen of the corpse appears to be moving.

    Perception rolls for everyone.


    Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

    Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Orc

    Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


    Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

    Perc1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

    Tensing up, Silx expects something to burst out of it. He draws his rapier slowly and pokes the abdomen, then immedietly jumps back

    951 to 1,000 of 2,663 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A sparce tavern, a dusty inn, and the looming mountains All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.