Gravel to Granite (Inactive)

Game Master Lareg

Started. Recruiting open. Apprentice-level game (Super Genius Games rule pre lvl 1. Pathfinder @ lvl 1 & beyond). Characters begin pre level 1, gain levels, and classes. Game run on the boards. Characters currently at lvl 2.


1,001 to 1,050 of 2,663 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Aak:
You see rats beneath the wolf pup corpse Silx is investigating. They emerge as Silx pokes the corpse and jumps back.

As Silx pokes the corpse with his rapier a squirming, roiling mass of squeaking rats emerge, teeth flashing and claws scratching at the air.

Initiative rolls for everyone
Acrobatics roll for Silx
(to see how far back you jumped)

I'll check on the rolld20 site to see if you all had a chance to register. If so we'll give that a try. Otherwise I'll get a map up tonight sometime.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Tunnel Entrance

The corpse and rats are at B9, Silx is at B8, but will be jumping back to at least B7. Rema is i C2. Aak, Caylen, and Shayne have their pick of B1, B2, or C1.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

Acrobatics1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


filler of waterskins

Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 1 (Ah, Shayne's luck has returned.)

Sorry I have been absent for a few days. Busy! I'll write more tomorrow.


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Also, I wouldn't mind in the future if you wanted to roll initiative for me, Lareg. Heck, having the whole group's initiative from one post might speed up the beginning of combat some. Provided everyone else is okay with it.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

I'd be happy to roll initiative for everyone. Just let me know if that's fine with you and we'll start doing that in the future.

Silx is able to jump back 5 feet. Init Roll for Silx: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22.

Rema's Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19.

Round one: Silx (1st up), Rema, Aak, Caylen, & Shayne.

Knowledge (nature) roll for Shayne: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Shayne:
From beneath the small corpse has emerged a swarm of rats. You know that a swarm of rats is often diseased and is not quickly damaged by bladed weapons.

Hidden rolls:
RI: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

Umm...I really don't know what to do. If this swarm is a serious threat, then I cant do much to them. We need some AOE stuff...sooo...I think I'm gonna run back to the party lol


Female Samsaran Monk

Where does Silx decide to retreat to? Silx can make it back to the group as a normal move action so he stills has part of his action left.

Rema quietly chants “Lam” and “Oh” sounds while pressing the tips of her fingers together. She remains in C2.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

As the swarm of rats pour from beneath the corpse they cover the tunnel floor nearby.

The swarm now covers B9, B10, C9, & C10. For ease of play once we reach Shayne assume that he shares what he learned from the Knowledge (nature) check.

Round one: Silx (partial action remaining), Rema (action complete), Aak (now acting), Caylen, & Shayne.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

Ill just hold a standard action to attack if the rats approach


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2
Silx wrote:
Ill just hold a standard action to attack if the rats approach

Attack if rats approach, got it. Where do you retreat to? Which space?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc

Knowledge check 1d20 ⇒ 3..to know if bludgeoning weapons do full damage to swarms

Move action: move to B6

Attack action: ready attack with morningstar on swarm

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Yes you can roll initiative for me to help speed up combat if it makes it easier for you Lareg


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Round one: Silx (readied action - attack rats upon approach), Rema (action complete), Aak (ready attack on swarm), Caylen (now action), & Shayne.

Once it's Shayne's turn Aak will find out that bludgeoning weapons do full damage on swarms.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

over to B4ish, still in front but with the party


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

Hearing the shrieking cries of the rats, Caylen's back stiffens and the hairs on the back of her neck bristle. Seeing their beady eyes reflecting the light shed by Shayne's shield and the sheer volume of the voracious critters Caylen isn't sure what to do.

It's only when Shayne explains the danger they present and the difficulty of fighting such a clustered mass of writhing forms presents that an idea sparks in the back of her mind.

"I... I can do something." Briefly laying a hand on Shayne's shoulder, Caylen strides forward with a confident approach. As she moves, smoke begins to issue from the bandages wrapped around her hands. "I can do something."

Passing by Rema, Aak and Silx, Caylen can see the shrieking mass of rats rapidly approaching. At first when she raises her arms, it appears as if she's trying to shield herself from harm. A moment later, however, her bandages begin to blacken and crisp, blowing away from her arms. There, a truth behind her burned hands is revealed. Her blackened skin, crisped much like her bandages, begins to smoke. Between the strips of burned flesh, where more raw and tender tissue is normally seen, there is now only a fiery orange glow.

Caylen lowers her hands, waves of heat radiating off of them. "சுத்தம் எரிந்து, எரிக்க!" With that invocation, a rolling wave of flames explode outward from Caylen's outstretched arms and fills the entire hallway.

_______________
Move Action: From C2, 30 feet to B8.
Standard Action: burning hands. Fills squares B9, B10, & C10.

1d4 ⇒ 3 - Reflex save DC 15 for half damage.
Swarms take +50% damage from area attacks.
4 damage on failed save, 2 on pass.

Celestial:
Purifying flames, burn!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

nice descriptions. also, thank GOD we have someone with AOE lol


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

I did not expect to have any use for that spell at all. So glad I took the "blackened" oracle curse. Later on Caylen gets fireball, too. So she'll be a big bag of heals, and a big bag of FIERY DEATH.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Rat's Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

The stench of burnt rats fills the tunnel.

Originally I had a bat swarm here, but then realized that would be even crazier than rats.

Round one: Silx (readied action - attack rats upon approach), Rema (action complete), Aak (ready attack on swarm), Caylen (action complete), & Shayne (now acting).

Everyone may now read the spoiler for Shayne further up thread.


filler of waterskins

So others need not scroll up... "A rat swarm!" Shayne mutters. "Avoid their disease! And bladed weapons do little."

I created a roll20 account. But I am not seeing the map square labels. Would someone pick for me where Shayne is?

Then the gnome begins to sing.

"Into the cave, the cards have told
This was is best so we'll be bold.
Into the earth, the choice is clear,
So we will avoid the cultists we fear.
Into the dark, where I see great,
Yet my shield will now illuminate.

"Oops here are rats! Don't let them bite.
Smash them flat to end this fight.
Or shoot fire bright as day,
That was quite something, if I may say.
Here's to Aak's mace!
He will clean up this place.
Then on we will go,
onward with our questing."

Inspire Courage (Round 1 of 7 for the day): allies who hear Shayne receive a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls, and a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects

Reference is to the delightful musical Into the Woods.


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

We
We're not using Roll20 yet, Shayne.

Combat map is at this link.

I think you're in one of the farthest back squares to the left. B1 I think?


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

We'll say Shayne is in B1, but he can move up if he wants. Everyone can hear him just fine from B1.

Round two: Silx (up now), Rema, Aak, Caylen, & Shayne.

Initiative Track:
Silx, Rema, Rats, Aak, Caylen, & Shayne.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

I really don't think I can do much except try to protect people, swarms don't care much about a rapier lol


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

Swarms can't make attacks of opportunity, therefore if you made a non-proficient unarmed strike (1d3 bludgeoning + str mod) you could deal nonlethal damage to the swarm. It's not optimal, but it's an option.
This is where Shayne sings stomp, stomp, stomp on the shrieking rats!.


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

Alternately, use aid another on Aak for either a bonus to his AC or Attack roll.


Female Samsaran Monk

Half damage is still damage. We'll move on and come back to Silx.

Round two: Silx (action available), Rema (action complete), Aak, Caylen, & Shayne.

Rema moves to C7 and throws a shuriken (1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17) and hits for 1.

Come on Silx, come chip away at them with Rema - lol.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

The rats move into B8, C8, B9, & C8. Caylen gets an attack of opportunity.

The mass of rats hungrily move forward, scratching and biting at Caylen. Caylen is hit for 1d6 ⇒ 3 damage. Fort save for Caylen.

Round two: Silx (action available), Rema (action complete), Aak (now acting), Caylen, & Shayne.


filler of waterskins

Thanks for the map link. I somehow missed it above.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc

I am at B6 so do I get an AOO?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc

I hate rats. They are disgusting vile things.

Free 5' step to full round swarm

Attack Morningstar 1d20 ⇒ 8

Damage Morningstar 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
--------------------

Attack light shield 1d20 ⇒ 2

Attack light shield 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Round two: Silx (action available), Rema (action complete), Aak (action complete), Caylen (now acting), & Shayne.

If we were at a table I would offer to buy Aak new dice. :-/

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc

No worries it all good lol


filler of waterskins

Pathfinder rules can be frustrating. Why isn't Rema throwing rocks from the cave floor to do blunt damage? Is that really a different skill, harder for her, than throwing shuriken? Same with Silx smashing the rats in melee with a big rock. Blerg.

Silx can always use Dirty Trick. Perhaps grab that carcass and smash it against the floor next to the rats: the smell would be vile for us but work as the Blinded condition against the Rat Swarm. (Or maybe our provisions include some savory or hot ground pepper.)

May Shayne have moved to B5 last round?

I am waiting for Caylen's AoO, Fortitude saving throw, and round two turn. Shayne will cast Saving Finale if needed, so please roll twice if you fail the first time.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Once able I figure Rema will close distance and start in with unarmed strikes. The tech people tell me Aak's dice are being replaced, which should help ;-)

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc

My guy doesn't have an amazing strength so I will eventually pick up weapon finesse to be able to hit better. until then I will have to tough it out :) I will also pick up a light mace so that way all my weapons will be light to better offset the 2-weapon fighting penalties.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

So we have Shayne at B5. I'll go ahead and DMPC Caylen's AoO & save in a moment.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Caylen's AoO, Unarmed: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6, Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0, Fort Save:1d20 ⇒ 11, Saving Finale: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Caylen retreats to C5 and casts Resistance on herself.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Round two: Silx (action available), Rema (action complete), Aak (action complete), Caylen (action complete), & Shayne (now acting).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
filler of waterskins

Shayne takes a step back to B4.

The gnome recovers after casting Saving Finale, then begins a new song.

"Through this cave is the way we should go.
I wonder what we'll meet as we travel below.

"We get around...down underground...
If we go this way...we'll be heroes some day!

"Aak and Silx have never been beat,
They never miss attacking the Ogres we meet.
(bum biddy ba-drow, ba-biddy ka-pow)

"Our healer can shoot fire in a cone,
Yeah the rat swarms will know us and leave us alone.

"We get around...down underground...
If we go this way...we'll be heroes some day!"

Inspire Courage (Round 2 of 7 for the day): allies who hear Shayne receive a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls, and a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects.

Reference is of course to The Beach Boys' I Get Around.


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

Whoops, sorry about that. Weekends are hard for me to post in a timely manner sometimes. Caylen isn't proficient in unarmed strikes so she doesn't threaten any squares, so she can't take an attack of opportunity. For future reference.

______

Swarmed by dozens of biting, leaping, clawing rats Caylen scrambles backwards, a shrill shriek escaping from her as she does. Grabbing rats off of her and throwing them to the cave floor, she finds herself scrambling on her hands and knees at one point before finally finding her footing again.

Wide-eyed and terrified that the flames did not kill them, Caylen looks panicked as tongues of flame wisp out from the wounds in the flesh of her hands and where the rats bit her. She clenches her hands tightly closed, tries to collect herself, and whispers out a breathless plea for help, "காப்பாற்று."


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Round three: Silx (now acting, multiple actions available), Rema, Aak, Caylen, & Shayne.

No worries about being busy. I always forget about unarmed attacks - to much time playing monks - lol.

Perception rolls for everyone.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

As the flame continues to burn away the last of the small corpse, it is quickly revealing something below.

Perception 10 or greater:
The stone below the burning corpse looks strange.

Perception 15 or greater:
There is a mere club among the scratched stone beneath the smoldering corpse.

Hidden rolls:
1d3 ⇒ 3

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


filler of waterskins

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Perception roll for Silx: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Silx advances to B10, attempting to tumble out of reach of the clawing rats (Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22). He easily out maneuvers the rats. (Delaying action.)

Silx:
Delaying action to retrieve the mere club once the fire is out.
.

Round three: Silx (delayed action), Rema (now acting), Aak, Caylen, & Shayne.


Female Samsaran Monk

Rema holds for the rats to advance.

The rats advance, attacks of opportunity for Aak and Rema. Fort saves for both.

Rema's AoO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11; Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Rema's Fort Save:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14.
Flurry: #1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4; Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 1
#2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21; Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 6, Crit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc

Fort 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

AOO 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Rats: Dmg to Rema: 1d6 ⇒ 6; Dmg to Aak: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Round three: Silx (delayed action), Rema (action complete), Aak (now acting), Caylen, & Shayne.

Aak:
Filth fever: Fort DC 12; onset 1d3 ⇒ 3 days.

1,001 to 1,050 of 2,663 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A sparce tavern, a dusty inn, and the looming mountains All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.