Gravel to Granite (Inactive)

Game Master Lareg

Started. Recruiting open. Apprentice-level game (Super Genius Games rule pre lvl 1. Pathfinder @ lvl 1 & beyond). Characters begin pre level 1, gain levels, and classes. Game run on the boards. Characters currently at lvl 2.


751 to 800 of 2,663 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Male Human Monk

Silx:
You see an ogre pawing through a smashed crate of what appears to be fine silk. The ogre has not noticed you.

As Silx sneaks forward, Mal'c watches for any sign from the Drow.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

Paling at the sight, Silx sneaks back, then whispers "There's an ogre going through some supplies, looks like silk" he looks to Mal'c expectantly


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

Perception:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Male Human Monk

Mal'c moves his mouth as if speaking.

Perception / Intellect roll greater than 15:
Ogre
Then he points at himself, makes a running motion, and points forward. Finally he mocks throwing punches and then motions at the group and points forward.

With that he starts to sneak ahead. Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Initiative rolls. (Int for Mal'c:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13)


filler of waterskins

Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 6

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

not knowing what is going on until he briefly sees Mal'c streak by him, Aak struggles to gather his belongings and his thoughts. Hoppefully this "threat" is something small like a rabbit and not those damn wolves again


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

Init1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

Looking confused when everyone stops, Caylen can clearly hear something ahead, but the hesitance and silence of the rest of the group makes her tense up with nervousness. Swallowing anxiously, she looks back and forth between Mal'c and the others, then wraps her arms around herself tightly.

It's only when Mal'c starts throwing hand-gestures too fast for Caylen to follow that fear starts to rise up in the back of her neck as a prickling sensation. Hands trembling, Caylen looks to Shayne with wide eyes, then over to Aak as if for some sort of guidance.

Even as she waits for instruction, however, Caylen is creeping towards the back of the group and trying to remain as quiet as she can and out of sight.

________________
Initiative
1d20 ⇒ 1

Stealth
1d20 ⇒ 16


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Round one (surprise round): Mal'c, Silx, Shayne, Aak, & Caylen. (I'll see if I can toss together a quick map this morning.)

As the group quietly anticipates what is to come, the noises ahead continue unchanged.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Mountain Road

The group is positioned in the area of N12 - Q12 and N13 - Q13. Provide the space that you wish to begin at during the first round in this area. Mal'c has advanced through L9 and is out of sight behind the large outcropping (N11-Q12). If the terrain looks like it's difficult on the map, it is. If you have questions let me know.

Round one (surprise round): Mal'c (action completed), Silx (up next), Shayne, Aak, & Caylen.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

Silx stealths his way forward next to Mal'c, and moves with him. When they approach the beast, Silx attempts to get into a flanking position with Mal'c

Stealth1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Silx:
As you advance through L9, you see Mal'c waiting quietly at L6. He motions for you to position yourself at L7. The ogre (P4&5,Q4&5) has his back toward you and Mal'c as he paws through the fabric (he hasn't noticed you or Mal'c).

Round one (surprise round): Mal'c (action completed), Silx (action completed), Shayne (up next), Aak, & Caylen


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

Trying to regain a semblance of calm, Caylen stays put and watches the reactions of others. Without any proper combat training, situations like this cause her to freeze up with anxiety. Realizing she's shaking, she wrings her hands together and keeps looking to Shayne for guidance while trying to remain alert for danger..

______________

Standard Action: Total Defense
+4 dodge bonus to your AC for 1 round.
End Turn.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc

Aak not knowing what is going on will gather his gear in ready for combat.

Move action: Ready gear, while moving to J-10
Standard Action: swing at first hostile enemy that appraoches


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Round one (surprise round): Mal'c (action completed), Silx (action completed), Shayne (up next), Aak (action provided, not yet completed), & Caylen (action provided, not yet completed).


filler of waterskins

Shayne very quietly sets down his sack and takes out his whip.

(Readied action: begin Inspire Courage this round or next as soon as actual combat begins.)


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Round two (surprise?): Mal'c, Silx, Shayne, Aak, & Caylen.

Silx:
Mal'c assumes a look of quiet concentration. He holds one finger in front of his mouth, motioning for quite (Silx receives a +4 bonus to skill roll of his choice this round.) Combat Map.

Stealth rolls for Mal'c (1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15) and Silx.

Hidden roll:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Male Human Monk

Silx:
Mal'c points at you, then points to the right of the ogre, then points at himself, and then points to the left of the ogre. He then creeps forward (stoping at P3), engaging the ogre.

You hear a deep voice just beyond the outcropping making at, "Ah, ugh" sound following the unmistakeable sound of a fist making contact.

Hidden rolls:
Attack for Mal'c 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10; Dmg: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 = 9


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

Attack1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage if Hit1d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (5) + (3) = 8

Silx gets into a flanking position with Mal'c, then goes for a quick stab in the back, trying to get a sneak attack

Stealth1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Silx:
Your attack is successful.

Hidden roll:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Round two (surprise): Mal'c (action complete), Silx (action complete), Shayne (up next - see note), Aak, & Caylen.

The noises ahead have intensified, but nothing appears from beyond the outcropping.

Note: Assuming that Shayne began to use Inspire Courage after hearing combat begin..


filler of waterskins

Shayne continues to sing encouragement loudly, while moving over to Caylen. He reaches out to put a hand on her arm for stability or comfort, but hesitantly so she can easily refuse the offer.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Round two (surprise): Mal'c (action complete), Silx (action complete), Shayne (action complete), Aak (up next), & Caylen.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc

Aak will charge the enemy.

Current AC 14

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Aak & Silx:
As Aak charges into the ogre, it is clear that his attack was successful.

Combat Map.

Aak, be sure to note which space you have charged into.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Round two (surprise): Mal'c (action complete), Silx (action complete), Shayne (action complete), Aak (action complete), & Caylen (up next).

Assuming that Caylen will continue with full defense, staying where she is. Feel free to note if there are other actions she takes.

Aak & Silx:
The ogre, who's club still sits on the ground swings ineffectively at Aak with a large empty fist (no attack of opportunity unarmed, this is just for flavor).


Male Human Monk

Frustrated, the ogre reaches for his greatclub, picking it up with a large misshapen hand. Attacks of opportunity for Mal'c, Silx, and Aak. Silx and Mal'c are flanking.

AoO for Mal'c:1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20, Unarmed Dmg:2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 5) + 3 = 14

The ogre bellows as Mal'c connects. In anger, the ogre swings at Mal'c: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10, the swing misses widely.

Mal'c attacks: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10, missing as he ducks the ogre's club.

Attacks of opportunity for Silx and Aak. Silx is flanking.

Round three: Mal'c (action complete), Silx (up next), Shayne, Aak, & Caylen.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc

In P-6

Aak AOO 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


filler of waterskins

Shayne continues to be inspiring until the bellowing monster is killed.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

Silx smiles at their advantage, then goes for another deft strike

Att1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage1d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (1) + (2) = 3


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Round three: Mal'c (action complete), Silx (action complete), Shayne (action complete), Aak (up next), & Caylen.

The bellowing of the ogre has spooked the horse, which was in the rear of the group with Sam; Granita tries to help him calm the horse.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc

Aak will take another swing at the Ogre again.

Drop you foul beast!!

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Round three: Mal'c (action complete), Silx (action complete), Shayne (action complete), Aak (action complete), & Caylen (up next).

Will Caylen will continue with full defense? Is she staying where she is? She has two rounds of actions now, so feel free to note if there are several things she's done.


Male Human Monk

Round four: Mal'c (action complete), Silx (up next), Shayne, Aak, & Caylen.

The ogre swings at Mal'c: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20; Dmg:2d8 + 7 ⇒ (7, 8) + 7 = 22. He connects solidly.

Mal'c responds by throwing another punch.
1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25, Unarmed Dmg:2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 2) + 3 = 10

Aak & Silx:
The ogre is heavily wounded.


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

Sorry, busy weekend kept me away from the computer!

Also, how badly (visibly) injured is Mal'c? For the time being Caylen is sticking back and remaining defensive, that may change once I get an estimate of how bloody/battered he looks.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

No worries. I just didn't want to skip to far ahead without making sure Caylen had a chance to act.

From where Caylen is she may not be able to see Mal'c. If she is standing where she can see him or moves to see the rest of the group she'll see that he has quite a set of gashes from the large greatclub.


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

Hearing the sounds of pain and combat clearly over Shayne's singing, Caylen's back tenses and she lays a hand on Shayne's, squeezing the halfling's hand tightly for a moment before worry overcomes fear. Perhaps it's Shayne's song, bolstering the young woman's confidence. Whether false bravery or not, Caylen releases Shayne's hand and slips away from him, hurried footsteps carrying her across the rocky trail even as she keeps her posture tense and anxious.

Once she rounds the corner to see the grunting, gnashing, hideous form of the ogre towering over Mal'c and Aak's height, Caylen lets out a scream of fright. Covering her mouth with a bandaged hand, the girl takes one step back, eyes saucer-wide and body trembling. But, when she sees the ogre reel back and smash Mal'c with its gnarled wooden club, she feels something else stir in her heart.

Concern, compassion, courage and fear all blend together into a stirring rush of adrenaline that causes her heart to pound in her chest and fingertips to tingle.

As her shaking hand drops from over her mouth, Caylen fails to see the wisps of goldenrod colored light spilling out from between the strips of linen, fails to notice the subtle glow spreading beneath her skin. Eyes flooding with light emanating from behind her pupils, Caylen exhales a near breathless word. Even without comprehension of the language, the rebuking, defiant tone of it is clear. "இல்"

With that utterance, Caylen rushes forward toward Mal'c and as she moves her skin explodes in a radiant eruption of warm golden light boiling like a living column of flames. The golden fire engulfs Caylen's tiny form as she runs, leaving crackling embers of light sparking in her wake.

Caylen's target isn't the ogre, but rather Mal'c. Her conflagrent form twists and turns on the path to the monk, then passes around and through him as if made of nothing more than smoke and light before reforming on the other side of the monk's body. The flames of light sear shut the smallest of the monk's wounds, leaving burn-like scars where bleeding injuries and bruises once were.

The roaring pillar of fire comes to a stop just feet away from Mal'c and the ogre, a pair of white-hot eyes of swirling flame peering out.

Celestial

Spoiler:
"No."

______________________
Okay, I'll say she spends the first round of action just moving to K7 and maintaining total defense with a standard action. From there Caylen should be able to see Mal'c. After that:

Standard Action: Activate energy body

Energy Body

Spoiler:

Energy Body (Su): As a standard action, you can transform your body into pure life energy, resembling a golden-white fire elemental.

In this form, you gain the elemental subtype and give off a warm, welcoming light that increases the light level within 10 feet by one step, up to normal light.

Any undead creature striking you with its body or a handheld weapon deals normal damage, but at the same time the attacker takes 1d4 points of positive energy damage + 1 point per oracle level.

Creatures wielding melee weapons with reach are not subject to this damage if they attack you. If you grapple or attack an undead creature using unarmed strikes or natural weapons, you may deal this damage in place of the normal damage for the attack.

Once per round, if you pass through a living allied creature’s square or the ally passes through your square, it heals 1d4 hit points + 1 per oracle level.

You may use this ability to heal yourself as a move action. You choose whether or not to heal a creature when it passes through your space.

You may return to your normal form as a free action. You may remain in energy body form for a number of rounds per day equal to your oracle level.

Move Action: Move through Mal'c square (I am not sure what grid point he is in right now, but I'm estimating it's within 15 feet of K7. If it's not I can adjust movement accordingly.)

Using acrobatics 1d20 ⇒ 20 to (maybe) try to negate the impending attack of opportunity for moving through the Ogre's threatened squares. Ending movement adjacent to the Ogre and Mal'c. (Again, not sure exactly what square, I can't seem to find Mal'c or the Ogre's position above. Making estimates based on Aak's position.)

Moving through the square Mal'c is in heals him 1d4 ⇒ 2 damage.


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

Side note: The light level 10 feet around Caylen is increased by one step. I'm not sure what the current light conditions are, but if it is normal light that raises it to bright, which may inadvertently interfere with Silx if he is in range and has light sensitivity. Not entirely sure on that part.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Combat Map

Timing wise the ogre would have been unarmed, unable to use an attack of opportunity (1st round he was surprised and 2nd round he was unarmed, not picking up his club until then). As for the light level the shadows of the outcropping are considered dim light so it's simply normal illumination while Caylen is using Energy Body. As an aside, kudos on narrating the action - very fun stuff.


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

WHEW. (On all accounts)


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

Very cool Caylen, I like the intricate RP'ing while still in combat. And don't worry about the light sensitivity, you'd have to hit me with something like a daylight spell for that to be a problem

Seeing how the ogre is so much more dangerous with a weapon, Silx decides that should be the first target. He slips his rapier over and attempts to stab the creature in the hand, hoping it will either drop its' weapon or be unable to use it quite as well

Called shot1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 vs flat footed?
Damage1d6 ⇒ 3 if flat footed 1d4 ⇒ 1
Im just not sure if I'll be able to do much to an Ogre without some incredible rolls, those things are pretty tough at this level


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

As the rapier slices through the ogre's hand, it's chubby fingers quiver as blood trickles from his fingers. Like the creativity here so I'm having the ogre roll a Dex save versus the attack to see if he holds on to the club.
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

The ogre just manages to hold on to his club.

Round four: Mal'c (action complete), Silx (action complete), Shayne (up next), Aak, & Caylen.

Does Shyne follow Caylen or stay where he and continue singing? Feel free to consider past rounds actions as you decide.


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

Are we using the called shot variant rules from Ultimate Combat? I'm cool with it if we are, just didn't see anything about it mentioned earlier.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc

Seeing Caylen turn from shy meek girl into flaming creature makes Aak toothy maw drop for a few seconds.

I guess Mal'c was right. Hmph, who would have thought inside such a timid girl lies great power

Why won't you just stay down you miserable creature

Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Round five: Mal'c (upcoming), Silx (up next), Shayne, Aak, & Caylen.

Shayne can still adjust his actions from previous rounds. Rules Note: I didn't note the variants from Ultimate Combat, but I'm happy to use them. I was more wanting to reward the creative thinking. If there are rules options you all are interested in just toss them up in discussion and


Male Human Monk

Fearing the next wound will be a moral one, the ogre attempts to flee. (Attacks of opportunity for Mal'c, Silx, and Aak. Depending on positioning Caylen may also get an AoO.)

Mal'c 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 = 29; Unarmed Dmg:2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 = 5. Confirm Critical:1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11

The ogre falls to the ground, unconscious as Mal'c lands a strike.


Male Human Monk

Mal'c looks down at the large ogre. "So many of their kind have come into the mountains recently. I wonder what drives them to venture abroad? Mal'c rubs his shoulder while thinking aloud. We should take his weapons and hope he heads where ever he calls home. Hopfuly he'll warn the others to stay away."

With that Mal'c hoists the greatclub from the ogre's large hand.

Though the ogre is not dead, he won't be coming to anytime soon. Combat is over. We'll continue out of initiative.


Male Human Monk

Other than the tattered rags he wears, the only other belonging of concern that the ogre carries is a javelin that was tucked into is large belt.

Mal'c sits with the greatclub, not bothering with the javelin right away. He rubs his shoulder a bit, moves his arm, and then looks up smiling at Caylen.

"Thank you. He holds the narrow end of the club up, leaving the hefty end resting on the ground. Do any of you have use for this? I'm thinking I might just toss it over the cliffside to splinter into bits and pieces." Mal'c stands, looking over the group.

"That was quite some team work. Shall we continue to the monastery?"


Female Human Oracle (Life) [Planar Oracle] 2

Turning to Mal'c, Caylen's burning silhouette stares at the monk with a dispassionate calm of someone older than the girl's years may imply. Not a moment later, the flames blow away as if hit by a strong gust of wind, ripping them from around Caylen's form, revealing the young girl once more. Her knees buckle, eyes roll back in her head, and she starts to collapse before catching herself and pressing the heel of her palm to her head.

"Nnhhh..." The noise isn't quite words, but a verbal account of disorientation and discomfort. Brows furrowed and wincing, Caylen looks up to see Mal'c, then over to the ogre's proen form covered with blossoming bruises and deep cuts. She exhales breathlessly, a bead of sweat rolling down her cheek, and stares slack-jawed.

"H-- How-- How did I..." she stammers, before memory of what transpired begins to uncloud in her mind.

"How did I do that?"

_______
Unarmed, Caylen threatens no squares so she can't take the offered attack of opportunity. Thankfully, combat is over anyway!


Male Human Monk

Mal'c heaves the greatclub up and over the mountain side. It's crashing sound slowly fades. Pulling the javelin from the ogre's makeshift belt, Mal'c breaks it over his knee. He tosses the remains to the side of the road.

"We'd better get moving. I'd rather not let nightfall reveal other surprises."

Mal'c turns and starts up the road, his pace only slightly slower than before.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

The road continues to slope upward. When it finally levels out a bit, the surrounding rock is low enough that structures can be seen in the distance. With the sun beginning to set, the orange light gives the structures a warm glow. With the sight, Mal'c picks up the pace.

As the road approaches the monastery you see several structures. The foremost structure is a low lying building, made from stones carved from the mountain; it sits near the road to your right. The few individuals you see coming in and out of the building are well equipped, several wearing sturdy armor. To your left are several small buildings, each made from stone. Monks busily enter and exit these small buildings with farming tools. They are working busily to harvest the last of the terraced gardens that line the mountainside behind the small buildings.

As the group passes the small buildings, a tall Drow in grey monk robes emerges from one of the doorways. He looks curiously at Silx and Shayne as he notices the party on the road.

He approaches quickly. Mal'c bows slightly and stops. The tall Drow returns the bow. He smiles at the group and then, looking toward Silx, speaks quickly - words that only he understands.

Silx:
In Undercommon, “We must speak. Not now, but soon.”

After only a slight pause, the Drow looks toward Shayne and asks pointedly, “Are you Hanja’s apprentice?”

751 to 800 of 2,663 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A sparce tavern, a dusty inn, and the looming mountains All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.