Game Master S's "Dead Suns" (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |STRATEGIC MAPS
HANDOUTS | CAMPAIGN RECORDS | DRAMATIS PERSONAE |DRAMATIS NAVES | Sunrise Maiden | Ship Roles | The Story Thus Far

Initiative:

[dice=Hostiles]d20[/dice]
[dice=Booker]d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Dunklezahn]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Gig]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Hack-it]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Janzi]d20+1[/dice]

Skill Quickpost:

Perception
[dice=Booker]d20+13[/dice] (Darkvision 60')
[dice=Dunklezahn]d20+10[/dice] (Darkvision 60')
[dice=Gig]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Hack-it]d20+6[/dice] (Darkvision 60')
--->[dice=Hum]d20-1[/dice]
[dice=Janzi]d20+13[/dice]

Sense Motive:
[dice=Booker]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Dunklezahn]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Gig]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Hack-it]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=R.1.G.5.]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Torin]d20+6[/dice]


3,651 to 3,700 of 5,307 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>

N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

Booker shrugs. "I'll leave 'im an MRE an' a bucket." The soldier pillages the Singularity's galley and tosses them in with the cultist. (I will provide one of my own MREs if there is nothing in the galley.)

Back aboard the Maiden, Booker decouples the ships and steers towards the sole inhabited planet.

Piloting: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28


Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

Assuming that I can give two of the three skill checks. If not, keep the Physical Science check. Gig can do Computers

"Hold on. This'll take some calculations. Good thing too that you have an expert in Physics. Getting the calc right only matters if you know how to best get results."

Physical Science: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Computers: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

As the Maiden gets underway, Dunk makes sure the spider armor is properly stowed in the cargo bay for later. He hops in the seat of a gunner's station, unsure if they'll need to blast their way to a landing pad.


Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

”Let me do the computers,” Gig interjects to Hack.

Computers: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18

Unfortunately, in his eagerness to push buttons, he accidentally pushes the return button before he begins to really access the system.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

The party sets about the insanely difficult balance of gravity, orbital speed, and debris. Gig's slip is costly Hull Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 7) = 13, but Hack-It and Booker make up for it.

As you breach the cloud cover and make your landing approach, you catch glimpses of the planetoid’s surface. You spot a stampede of wild, horned quadrupeds kicking up dust across a grassy plain. You skirt the edge of a mountain range and watch as an avalanche swallows a copse of tall trees. You pass over the canopy of a jungle, spooking a flock of brightly colored, double-billed birds. As you approach the landing pad identified in your scans, you can see a crude trail burned in the brush leading in the direction of the control center.

Landing on the pad takes no unusual effort, and no resistance meets you on the ground. As you step out of the Sunrise Maiden, you can easily spot the wide path through the jungle.

DC 25 Perception or DC 20 Survival:

The densest parts of the foliage were recently cleared with fire, explosives, and sharp instruments. Walking the half mile to the control center looks like it will be smooth sailing.


Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

”Look over there. From what I can see, those dense parts of the foliage were recently cleared with fire, explosives, and sharp instruments. Walking the half mile to the control center looks like it will be walk in the park.”


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

The party heads out from the ship and starts towards the building. As you move through the jungle, you can hear screams and howls in the distance from the local fauna. Occasionally, carnivorous plants make half-hearted attempts to grab at you with a green tendril, but this danger is easily avoided.

Will need a marching order.... just in case.

Survival DC 20:

The nearby plants are poisonous.


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)

perhaps the GM will aloow a Life Science check instead: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23

Janzi wants to stay toward the middle of the group.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

I'll allow it!


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)

Lovely, Janzi says, dreaming of drinks with little umbrellas instead of death cults with murderous intent. The plants are poisonous. They want to kill us too.


Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

"Go ahead of me, Janzi. I'll let you guys go first. I'm just going to hang back a little and do a little reverse scouting."

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Still need a marching order on the map!

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Dunk double checks the seals on his armor.

Stay behind me. I'll lead the way.


Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

Hack-It enters a few commands onto his wrist console, and the jetpack-that-is-Hum transforms back into the familiar drone. The mechanic then follows closely behind Dunk, pistol at the ready.


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

Booker opts for his sniper rifle for the ground-game. The rest get stuffed in his null-space chamber, except for the artillery laser he straps to his back and the pistol at his side. "Right behind ya."

Marching order looks good.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

The party makes their way through the jungle. It's hot and both the flora and fauna both continue to niggle.

The nearby trees sway as something very large barrels its way out of the jungle. Branches snap and foliage is scattered about as a large, bulbous beast with two mouths, each one dripping with slimy green saliva, bursts into the clearing. The creature walks on a handful of small legs, and two massive clawed arms jut from its torso. Its thick tail flails violently about, and both its mouths each let loose deafening roars as it charges forth.

Hostiles: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Booker: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Dunklezahn: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Gig: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Hack-it: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Torin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Life Science to ID

Round 1:
Hack-it: Go
Dunklezahn: Go

Hostile: TBD
Janzi: TBD
Booker: TBD
Gig: TBD


Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

"I have no idea what that thing is, but I don't like it and am going to shoot it. Cool? Cool."
Hailstorm Zero Pistol: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Cold Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4) + 4 = 14

He then punches a few commands into his console, and Hum quickly fires off two shots at the large target!
Frostbite Zero Rifle 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Cold Damage 1: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Frostbite Zero Rifle 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Cold Damage 2: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Hack-it and Hum open fire on the huge creature. Hum's ultimate shot connects and seems to damage the creature, though not by much.

Round 1:
Hack-it: Hit
Dunklezahn: Go
Hostile: TBD
Janzi: TBD
Booker: TBD
Gig: TBD

DM:

jubsnuth: 14


Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

When Gig gets a glance at the bi-mouthal beast, he wonders if he recognizes it from his past.

Life Science: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Gig has never seen a creature like this, but many of its features seem to be similar to something known as a Jubsnuth, a huge animal which can swallow a yoski whole with either of its two mouths. Ask me a question about them.


Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

What does the Jubsnuth have for special defenses or resistances?

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

Dunk rushes forward along the path, pulling out his tactical pike. Once he closes, he swings in at the creature.

Tactical Pike: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Gig knows that these things are apex predators and rely on fast and overwhelming violence. As such, they have little in the way of specialized defenses.

Dunklezahn rushes in, fearless of the huge creature. It tries to bite him AoO: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37 and chomps down HARD for DMG: 2d10 + 15 ⇒ (6, 1) + 15 = 22. Unfortunately, the pike never connects.

The creature focuses on Dunk!
Bite: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35 for dice=DMG]2d10+15[/dice]. It then tries to swallow him! Athletics: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (4) + 22 = 26, but Dunklezahn squirms away!

ound 1:
Hack-it: Hit
Dunklezahn: Miss
Hostile: Bite
Janzi: Go
Booker: Go
Gig: Go

DM:

jubsnuth: 14


... the GM, who is too busy being festive to roll dice right.
Bite Damage to Dunk: 2d10 + 15 ⇒ (10, 8) + 15 = 33


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

Booker dumps his sniper rifle on the ground and hauls his artillery laser off his back.

"Eat fire, frog," Booker grunts.

Artillery Laser @ Frog: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 16 + 1 - 2 = 23
Fire Damage: 3d8 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1, 1) + 8 + 4 = 20


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Booker's shot easily connects with center mass!

ound 1:
Hack-it: Hit
Dunklezahn: Miss
Hostile: Bite
Janzi: Go
Booker: Hit
Gig: Go

DM:

jubsnuth: 34


Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

Gig immediately recognizes trouble and he quickly casts one of the most powerful magical spells he knows. Moving his hands in quick somatic gestures, he pulls forth his powers seemingly from midair and with a sharp command, sends forth an Explosive Blast on the far side of the beast so as to engulf it with fire but to spare Dunk any harm.

Explosive Blast: 9d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6, 5, 2, 5) = 39 (Reflex Save DC 18 for half)


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)

Life Science: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27
Xenobiology is Janzi's theme knowledge specialty.

Turn will depend on outcome of Knowledge check.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Janzi's grasp of xenobiology is immense: Ask 3 questions.

Gig's grasp of explosive magics is too. The blast erupts REF: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23 But the the massive beast seems to avoid the worst of it. Still it's certianly smoking and burnt in some places.

Round 1:
Hack-it: Hit
Dunklezahn: Miss
Hostile: Bite
Janzi: Thinking...
Booker: Hit
Gig: Boom

DM:

jubsnuth: 53


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)

Immunities/resistances
Special defenses/attacks
Weakest save

Janzi will share everything he knows with the party.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Janzi knows that this beast has nothing special about its defenses. It's size and biology mean it likely can swallow creatures whole as well as trample them. Likely its willpower is nothing special.


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)

I don't usually advocate shooting first and asking questions later, Janzi says, but I find I'm making exceptions to that rule more and more frequently. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the proportion of things trying to kill us.

corona laser pistol: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
fire: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Janzi's laser hits the creature on a tough part of the hide, not damaging it!

Round 1:
Hack-it: Go
Dunklezahn: Go

Hostile: TBD
Janzi: TBD
Booker: TBD
Gig: TBD

DM:

jubsnuth: 53

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

As the plant creature bites down on Dunk, a surge of electricity arcs back into it.

Electrostatic Field: 1d6 ⇒ 4 electricity damage

Dunk then chokes up on the pike and swings at the creature.

Tactical Pike: 1d20 + 15 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 15 - 2 - 4 = 28
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d8 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 17 + 4 = 24

Tactical Pike: 1d20 + 15 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 15 - 2 - 4 = 28
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d8 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 17 + 4 = 26


Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

Hack-It and Hum continue to fire upon the big plant monster.

Hack-It
Attack w/Hailstorm Zero Pistol: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Cold damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6
Hum
Attack 1 w/Frostbite Zero Rifle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Cold damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Attack 2 w/Frostbite Zero Rifle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Cold damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Dunklezahn's discharge shocks the creature a bit, but it's hard to notice.

His two pike thrusts are MORE than noticeable as blood and ichor pour out from the creature! Hack-it scores a light hit too, though Hum is off target.

The wounds cause it to go into a rage. Fury overcomes self-preservation as the creature tries to swallow Dunklezahn whole!

Bite: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38 for DMG: 2d10 + 15 ⇒ (1, 2) + 15 = 18 It throws its head back and prepares to swallow the grappled vesk!

Round 2:
Hack-it: Hit
Dunklezahn: Big hits
Hostile: Yum Yum
Janzi: Go
Booker: Go
Gig: Go

DM:

jubsnuth: 113


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

"Oh no ya don't!" Booker growls. He pumps fire into the over-sized frog's flank. "Die, you bloated mouthy freak!"

Artillery Laser @ Frog: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 32 CRITICAL
Fire Damage: 6d8 + 16 + 8 ⇒ (6, 1, 2, 7, 5, 1) + 16 + 8 = 46 plus BURN: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Artillery Laser @ Frog: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 23
Fire Damage: 3d8 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 1, 3) + 8 + 4 = 23

Charges: 28/40.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Booker's first shot is right down the creature's secondary mouth. It collapses in a heap, but Dunklezahn is able to roll away easily.

For surviving the jubsnuth the part earns 6,400 XP.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

”Huzzah!” Gig exclaims as he moves closer to inspect the vile corpse of the beast. ”A nasty foe the universe will no longer have to deal with. Step by step, little by little, we are making this place and many others where young Ysokis can grow up safely and not fear being eaten by creatures with multiple mouths. They will be free to have happy childhoods where they can run free and collect zachberries in their pouches and eventually grow up to attend Thrull Magnar concerts. Boys, today I think we have outdone ourselves!”

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Gig looks around the area for a nest where any treasure might be found.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Gig and the others look around, but never do find anything of note. Lacking any other options, they continue down the path. Eventually, the path through the harsh jungle turns into the remains of a battered road leading to a large structure. As you approach, you can easily see that the front doors of the building have been blown inward by some explosive force.

Approaching a little closer, you get more detail. More of the jungle has been scorched here, most likely the result of a large explosion that has blasted a hole through the wall of a one-story building. Sounds of cruel laughter can be heard from inside.


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

Back at the jubsnuth: Booker hauls the vesk out of the creature's slack-jawed maw. "You look rough. Need a minute?" We should pause for Dunk to recover Stamina.

* * *

"Couldn't be bothered t'find a door, huh?" Booker grunts, surveying the damage. He checks his weapon and glances around. "Ev'rybody ready? You got grenades this time?"

Once he gets the nod, Booker keeps quiet and leads the way in. Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)
Booker Broadshaw wrote:
Back at the jubsnuth: Booker hauls the vesk out of the creature's slack-jawed maw. "You look rough. Need a minute?" We should pause for Dunk to recover Stamina.

No need to insult him, Book. He's just as the gods made him. Janzi says. But let's let him catch his breath, yeah.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Booker leads the party forward quiety. The remains of a large double door lies broken on the floor, while a couple of bizarre-looking chairs or couches sit mangled against the north wall. Two short sets of steps lead up to a raised section of the room, from which a double door exits to the north. A smaller door stands in the southeast corner.

A trio of cultists are currently torturing a strange creature —a furry, three-legged beast the size of a small dog with a spherical head on a skinny neck. They don't seem to notice you since they're so concerned with their "sport."


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

Booker holds up a fist to those behind him, then raises three fingers, then points at the trio.

Any of them match a description here?


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Negative


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

Booker grabs a grenade from his belt and hucks it.

SCREAMER @ Square Marked on Map: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
SONIC: 2d10 ⇒ (8, 1) = 9 plus Fort vs deafened for 1d4 ⇒ 1 minute

Hits all three. Not sure where the torture subject is on the map, but I will throw elsewhere if needed to miss the furry creature.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

The screamer erupts with a roar!

Red FORT: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Blue FORT: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Black FORT: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

They shake off the deafening noise, and fall to action! The creature they'd be torturing seizes the moment and flees

Hostiles: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Booker: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Dunklezahn: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Gig: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Hack-it: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Torin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Round 1:
Dunklezahn: Go
Gig: Go

Hostiles: TBD
Booker: TBD
Hack-it: TBD
Janzi: TBD

DM:

Red: 9
Blue: 9
Black: 9

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

Yeah, just give me a few, I'll be right as rain.

Dunk leans against a nearby tree to catch his breath and let the adrenaline subside.

RP to regain SP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing the cultists, Dunk wastes no time in engaging them and charges in.

Ultrathin Longsword vs Red: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 15 - 2 = 29
Slashing Damage: 4d8 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4, 4, 7) + 17 + 4 = 41

3,651 to 3,700 of 5,307 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Game Master S's "Dead Suns" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.