GM Woran's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Woran

sandpoint information

Map Link

GM cheat sheet:

[dice=initiative Vitro]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=initiative Justin]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=initiative Snowflake]1d20[/dice]
[dice=initiative Dayo]1d20 + 7[/dice]
[dice=initiative Eoghan]1d20 + 2[/dice]

[dice=perception Vitro]1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=perception Justin]1d20[/dice] or +10 with scent
[dice=perception Snowflake]1d20 + 1[/dice]
[dice=perception Dayo]1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=perception Eoghan]1d20 + 12[/dice] +1 for traps

[dice=will save vitro]1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=will save Justin]1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=will save snowflake]1d20 + 10[/dice]
[dice=will save Dayo]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=will save Eoghan]1d20 + 8[/dice]

[dice=fort save vitro]1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=fort save Justin]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=fort save snowflake]1d20 + 11[/dice]
[dice=fort save Dayo]1d20 + 10[/dice]
[dice=fort save Eoghan]1d20 + 9[/dice]

[dice=reflex save vitro]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=reflex save Justin]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=reflex save snowflake]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=reflex save Dayo]1d20 + 14[/dice]
[dice=reflex save Eoghan]1d20 + 5[/dice]

[dice=Stealth Vitro]1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=Stealth Justin]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=Stealth Snowflake]1d20 - 1[/dice]
[dice=Stealth Dayo]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=Stealth Eoghan]1d20 + 5[/dice]


4,701 to 4,750 of 4,786 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>

Init +3 | Perception +5; Sense Motive -2 | AC 17; Touch 13; FF 14 | CMD 15 18 ES | F +2; R +4; W +2 | Speed: 30 | HP 26/26 | Spells Active: Mage Armor, Shield | Conditions: none | Spells remaining: {1:0/5, 2:4/4 } | Arcane Reservoir 5/8

I think we're stuck waiting for Tineke or Eoghan to do something?


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Eoghan wasnt paralyzed, because I forgot his mirror image. So he can act. And there is a big chance he gets the ghast in one go


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

"The Power (Attack) of my Bastard Sword compels you!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 45/49 | AC17 T10 FF15 CMD20 (+1 on all vs traps)| F+9 R+5 (+6 for traps) W+8 (immune to fear and disease)| Init+2 | Perception +12 (+1 for traps) (automatic Perception check within 10 ft of a trap, at +13), low-light vision | speed 20 ft

Ah, sorry. When I last posted, the field seemed to be empty, that's why I asked. Thought my turn had been calculated. Forget my last post. I'll five-foot step up to it and attack.

Attack, Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage?: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Eoghan: Slams his sword into the tigh of the undead.

Undead:

bite red vs Eoghan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
claw red vs Eoghan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
claw red vs Eoghan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Initiative

Round 4

Justin
Eoghan 9 damage
Undead
Dayo 4 damage
Snowflake 10 damage
Vitro

Dayo, Snowflake and Vitro are up!


Male agathion-blooded Aasimar (Idyllkin) Oracle 3/paladin 2| HP 52/52 | AC 21 T13 FF 21 | CMD 19| F +11 R +4 W +10 | Init +0 | Per +1| Speed 20 Ft | Spells: 1st 6/6 | concentration +8| morningstar +6 (1d8+2)|channel positive energy 4/day 2D6

Vy takes on some of Eoghan's pain and moves up to protect the team in case Eoghan fails to kill that last one


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Dayo attempts to dodge through the mayhem...

Acrobatics, w/ ribbons!: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 = 26

...and slashes at the ghast from behind!

+1 Nine-Ring Broadsword, Flank: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21
Magic, Slashing: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

(or he stays put, if that Acrobatics wasn't good enough; I can't remember how the DC is handled)


Init +3 | Perception +5; Sense Motive -2 | AC 17; Touch 13; FF 14 | CMD 15 18 ES | F +2; R +4; W +2 | Speed: 30 | HP 26/26 | Spells Active: Mage Armor, Shield | Conditions: none | Spells remaining: {1:0/5, 2:4/4 } | Arcane Reservoir 5/8

Dayo's probably got this one, but Vitro tries to splash some acid in from the other side anyway.

Acid Splash, ranged touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

But it's kinda hard to get a clear shot with Eoghan in the way.


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

That kills the last one dead! You're out of initiative


HP 45/49 | AC17 T10 FF15 CMD20 (+1 on all vs traps)| F+9 R+5 (+6 for traps) W+8 (immune to fear and disease)| Init+2 | Perception +12 (+1 for traps) (automatic Perception check within 10 ft of a trap, at +13), low-light vision | speed 20 ft

"Thanks Vy, that scratch barely even hurts anymore. Impressive how you can absorb all that pain constantly. Must be a huge strain on you."

"So, er, let's go on? Dayo takes point, I'm after him?"

Eoghan focuses again and his Shadow Double pops up again.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Dayo nods solemnly and presses on.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Check check, one, two?

Sovereign Court

Yeah I'm there. Tineke?


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Ive notified Snowflake to check in to do some healing. I figured you'd want some before continuing. I'll advance you tomorrow regardless


HP 45/49 | AC17 T10 FF15 CMD20 (+1 on all vs traps)| F+9 R+5 (+6 for traps) W+8 (immune to fear and disease)| Init+2 | Perception +12 (+1 for traps) (automatic Perception check within 10 ft of a trap, at +13), low-light vision | speed 20 ft

I'm fine, 4 damage I can handle. He's taken my other 5, so he needs more healing than I do.


Male agathion-blooded Aasimar (Idyllkin) Oracle 3/paladin 2| HP 52/52 | AC 21 T13 FF 21 | CMD 19| F +11 R +4 W +10 | Init +0 | Per +1| Speed 20 Ft | Spells: 1st 6/6 | concentration +8| morningstar +6 (1d8+2)|channel positive energy 4/day 2D6

[b]"I do it, so I can actually feel of any use. Being told I wouldn't amount to anything does that to you when you are a kid. But I can take it. I can take it."
Vy proceeds then heals himself using a wand.
scratch 3 charges


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Dayo pauses, and turns around.

"Eoghan regularly complains he is of little 'use', and you were told the same as a child? Are humans in this land spending any time raising their children? The amount of negativity I've encountered since landing here is truly worthy of its own crusade."

Dayo makes eye contact with everyone.

"I don't know your whole stories. I only know what I've witnessed. And every one of you have proven your worth as a combatant, a scholar and a friend. Whatever sins you've committed in your other lives, take them up with your Creator. Whoever's wronged you in the past, either forgive them now or plan your vengeance. But as long as I walk with you, know that I trust in you and believe in your abilities."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Ok, check. Snowflake has no damage after 3 taps of the wand, and both Dayo and Eoghan have 4 damage left. Also Dayo gets a sticker on his worksheet for being such a good boy.

You continue on and pass a cave opening to your left. The western half of the foul-smelling cavern is heaped with bones, each scarred by the scraping of teeth. Most of the bones have been cracked open for the marrow within. Most likely the Ghasts you encountered earlier came from this cave.

Ahead of you the cramped tunnel opens into a vertiginous gulf, a cathedral-like cavern with a roof arching thirty feet overhead and dropping into a sloshing pool of foamy seawater fifty feet below. A steep stone ledge winds down to these surging depths, its slope glistening with moisture and mold. A stone door stands in the northwestern wall about halfway down the slope.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Stickers!! <3

Dayo grabs the rock directly to his right, and tosses it into the center of the pool.


Init +3 | Perception +5; Sense Motive -2 | AC 17; Touch 13; FF 14 | CMD 15 18 ES | F +2; R +4; W +2 | Speed: 30 | HP 26/26 | Spells Active: Mage Armor, Shield | Conditions: none | Spells remaining: {1:0/5, 2:4/4 } | Arcane Reservoir 5/8

"Seawater eh? What do you think the odds are that there's something unpleasant in there? Anyone want to bet that as soon as we walk past there, some tentacle comes out of the water and tries to frag off poor Eoghan?"

Vitro tries to make it sound like a joke but you can hear an undertone of worry in his voice. All this heaving water and slippery ground ahead doesn't seem to agree with him.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

"I bet five gold it doesn't drag off Eoghan. That way I win either way "


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:
Dayo wrote:

Stickers!! <3

Dayo grabs the rock directly to his right, and tosses it into the center of the pool.

The rock splashes into the pool. Nothing happens...


M Tall dwarf Xerox Of Xeros Link Level 3 druid

...yet


HP 45/49 | AC17 T10 FF15 CMD20 (+1 on all vs traps)| F+9 R+5 (+6 for traps) W+8 (immune to fear and disease)| Init+2 | Perception +12 (+1 for traps) (automatic Perception check within 10 ft of a trap, at +13), low-light vision | speed 20 ft

Eoghan sighs, already knowing (and dreading) what's going to happen. He takes a good look around (Low-light vision), and starts walking around on the upper part of the slope.

Perception check, +1 in case of traps: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

"I guess Dayo is harder to hit, but at least I have my shadow double that might absorb a blow for me. I'm also strong enough to escape in case a tentacle comes out of the water and grabs me."

Scarab Sages

Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

"No no let me go fir...just kidding. I dub thee BOTH bait, move up and have fun "


Init +3 | Perception +5; Sense Motive -2 | AC 17; Touch 13; FF 14 | CMD 15 18 ES | F +2; R +4; W +2 | Speed: 30 | HP 26/26 | Spells Active: Mage Armor, Shield | Conditions: none | Spells remaining: {1:0/5, 2:4/4 } | Arcane Reservoir 5/8

Vitro's going to trail a little behind Dayo, trying to keep a clear line of fire on stuff coming out of the pool without getting too close.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Moved my icon towards the door, but feel free to move me back if we're jumped. Will stay behind Eoghan as he checks for traps.


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

You carefully check around you. THen again just to be sure. But nothing jumps, grabs, bites, slimes, or otherwise accosts you while carefully making your way around the big hole.

As you make your way it becomes apperant why nothing lurks here. The ground is slippery with sea water and algea. Luckily the walls provide good handholds.

Dayo and Eoghan find the handholds easily. But for the others it might not be that easy.

Its a climb or acrobatics to cross. Climb is easier, and Dayo and Eoghan make that without needing to roll. You can come up with ways for Dayo and Eoghan to assist the others.

Scarab Sages

Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

Justins dignity is already dead for the day at least, it can't get any worse right? Looks up at dayo and puts his arms up

"UPSIES"


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Haha, sure, that will work.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

I believe that would encumber Dayo, Lol, but I can't recall how or if that penalizes skill checks.

For the others, Dayo tries to call out the choicest handholds and point out where the ground is slipperiest.

Perception, Aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


HP 45/49 | AC17 T10 FF15 CMD20 (+1 on all vs traps)| F+9 R+5 (+6 for traps) W+8 (immune to fear and disease)| Init+2 | Perception +12 (+1 for traps) (automatic Perception check within 10 ft of a trap, at +13), low-light vision | speed 20 ft

I'm confused as to whether people need to get up or down. >_>

Being encumbered means either a -3 or a -6 to checks, depending on whether you're medium encumbered, or heavy encumbered. If Justin is too heavy for you, I don't mind carrying him. I'm not encumbered yet, but the armour check penalty from it will only increase by 1.

Seeing the others struggle against the cliff face, Eoghan gets out a rope from his backpack and starts knotting it.

"Would this be of any help? Not sure if there's anything around here to to tie it to, but it's better than nothing, I guess..."

50 feet of rope, how much is that knotted? Say, 30 feet? Not sure how far down that door is, but this should help at least somewhat.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

IIRC a knotted 50' rope is 40' long.


Init +3 | Perception +5; Sense Motive -2 | AC 17; Touch 13; FF 14 | CMD 15 18 ES | F +2; R +4; W +2 | Speed: 30 | HP 26/26 | Spells Active: Mage Armor, Shield | Conditions: none | Spells remaining: {1:0/5, 2:4/4 } | Arcane Reservoir 5/8

Otherwise we'll just use more ropes.


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Eoghan can carry Justin across. If Dayo would be encumbered, he'd need to roll. The door is down from where you endered the room. Look at it as if its some sort of corkscrew going down. Securing the rope might be an issue. Does anyone have a climbers kit? With a piton or two, you could fasten it. You feel that you shouldnt worry about the noise. The way the bat shrieked, if there is anything here, it has heard it.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Haven't looked at his inventory sheet in some time. Apparently Dayo does have a Climber's Kit. Probably to help for just these sorts of occasions.

Not an expert by any means, Dayo sets to work hammering in a basic piton setup.


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Putting in a few pitons to hold the knotted rope in place, everyone can carefully slip, slide and otherwise make it towards the door.

perception Eoghan: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 +1 for traps

Eoghan checks the door over for traps, but finds nothing. However, he thinks he can hear... crying? From the other side of the door.

Scarab Sages

Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

"This is my fault for thinking I had no more dignity to lose today...." try to shoo the party back and open the door.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

I nominate Woran to be our new Trap Spotter


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

The diceroller is a sarcastic little a-hole. Also, is Justin volunteering to open the door?


M Tall dwarf Xerox Of Xeros Link Level 3 druid
GM Woran wrote:
The diceroller is a sarcastic little a-hole. Also, is Justin volunteering to open the door?

Yeah, he's out of spells so.. if he gets possesed by laurie we'll see how long it takes the party to notice....


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

The air in this damp cavern reeks of a horrific stench—a foul combination of decay, brine, and mold. The cave contains a rickety table, its damp surface cluttered with all manner of what appears to be garbage: empty bottles, bits of clothing, crumpled bits of paper, and more, lying in neatly organized rows. A painting leans against the far side of the table, facing a large leather chair that sits nearby. This chair’s high back and cushion are horribly stained by smears of rotten meat and its arms are sticky with blood. A smaller table sits against the southern wall, its surface heaped with plates and platters of rotten, maggot-infested meat.
The horrific stench of the room seems strongest to the west, where the cave’s wall has been overtaken by a horrific growth of dark green mold and dripping fungi.
At the center, a patch of black tumescent fungus grows, its horny ridges and tumorlike bulbs forming what could almost be taken to be a humanoid outline. What appears to have once been an exquisite puzzle box the size of a man’s fist lies smashed on the ground at the fungoid shape’s feet.

The sobbing is louder, and you can see a pair of feet sticking out from behind the chair, as if someone is hiding behind it.

Scarab Sages

Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

"Eoghan..get ready. Dayo... you're. Not going to want to look at this " Justin is so. so glad his species doesn't have a vomit reflex, for what he's saying at least as much as the stench

"Laurie? Is that you? Come on out. Come look at the flowers... "


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

"It's alright, Justin," Dayo says as he steps into the room, sword in front of him, "The evil here has already been committed. There can only be grace and mercy going forward."

Scarab Sages

Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

"Dayo, there's more than one you we need to worry about. I'm not sure which side of this you'll end up on. Eoghan can handle this. "


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

A face peeks out from behind the chair. Its Aldern Foxglove, the man who took you hunting just a few weeks ago. His hair is a tangled, filthy mat. He has streaks of dirt and dried blood on his face, and his clothes are a filthy torn mess.
As he sees you, his eyes widen with fear and delight. He staggers to his feet from behind the chair.

"No! You were supposed to die! You still live"
He takes a few steps forward, hands extended as if he is ready to throttle someone.
Then he violently shakes his head. "NO! NO NO NONONOOOO Leave me alone! I dont want to hurt my friends!"

Aldern falls to his knees, sobbing. "Please, please save me. They will come back and hurt me again. Make me hurt others."

Scarab Sages

Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

"I'm going to be right one of these times... Dayo, you're up... "


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Dayo closes his eyes, holds up two fingers, and slowly moves them left-to-right.

Detect Evil. Regardless of the result...

When Dayo's eyes open, he sheaths his sword and steps up to the man. He kneels beside him and places a hand reassuringly on his shoulder.

"I have heard of you, and the good deeds you have done. My name is Dayo. I am a pilgrim of Apsu, and wish to end the torment that has befallen this land. What can you tell us of your ordeal?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

There an evil aura around Aldern. He himself however is not.

Aldern grasps Dayo's hand as if was the only thing to keep him from drowning. He remains on his kees, his face twisted in anguish and grief.

"Oh sweet Desna. Its all gone so wrong. I dont know what has been happening. There... there are gaps in my memories. And blood. A lot of blood."

He takes a few deep breaths, getting his sobbing under controll.

"I... I wanted to return to the manor. I had so many bad memories. Of my f... fa... father. Murdering my mother. And.. And he then taking his own life. I was scared. For so long. Scared. I figured. That, that if I made the mansion livable again. I could make it a good place. And those memories wouldnt hurt me anymore."

He wipes his eyes as tears start streaming again.
"And it felt weird at first. Being back. Seeing things from my childhood. But it felt as if the house backed me. That it was supporting my efforts. But money was tight. And then the wedding. My Iesha, my beautifull, pasionet Iesha... She came to me in a storm. It felt like I was finally complete."

Aldern clutches his hand to his chest over his heart. "She filled my days with joy. But the more work stalled, the more I felt torn. I wanted to spend time with her. But the house demanded the work to continue. I left with workers for a few days, leaving the house in her hands. But when I returned with supplies, I found her with another. It... it broke something in me. And... and in anger, something pushed me. In my mind. And then it was all black and then there was so much blood. All her blood. From her and that man... I threw him down the well, and put her in the attic. I didnt know what to do. What happened. My Iesha. My Iesha.

He desolves into wracking sobs.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Oomph. So that's who the revenant upstairs is. This guy's not going to get out of this easy.

Dayo looks Aldern directly in the eyes, "You have a curse about you, Aldern. A curse that taints this house, this land, its people and the dead. It's not something I understand, but we know people who may be able to help you. To do that, we have to get you out of here. Will you come with us?"

If another Diplomacy is needed...: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Going to spare him the "you'll still have to pay for your crimes" until after Step 1 has been achieved.

4,701 to 4,750 of 4,786 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Woran's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.