GM WhtKnt's Open Water - A Skull & Shackles Adventure Path

Game Master WhtKnt

Do you have what it takes to rise from the ranks of a lowly deck-swab to become a captain of your own vessel and sail the seas of Golarion with intent to commit acts of piracy? Find out in this adventure path!

Current Map

Chumtooth: HP 33/81; AC 18/13/14; F+7 R+7 W+1/+2; Init +3
Dantes Goldforge: HP 49/49; AC 15/15/14; F+5 R+3 W+4; Init +1
Faengrim: HP 72/83; AC 19/12/17; F+8 R+8 W+4; Init +2
Janus Ult: HP 14/29; AC 15/10/15; F+4, R+5, W+3; Init +0
Alexander Caladir: HP 41/56; AC 20/16/14; F+4, R+12, W+8; Init +4

Plunder: 0
Infamy: 20
Disrepute: 15


2,951 to 2,971 of 2,971 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>

Skinwalker (wereshark-kin, seascarred) Ranger 7| HP 68 (75)/76 (83) | AC 19 Touch 12 FF 17| Fo +8 (9) Re +8 Wi +4| Init +2| Percep +13

"I believe there are some ladies who want to have a talk with you." Faengrim allows his sharky teeth to show. "They want to know about a certain Calistrian Relic that's gone missing."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Male Kuru Ftr 4 / Rg 3 (pirate) l AC 18 T 13 FF 15 l HP 33/81 l F +8 R +7 W +2/+4* l Init +3 l Perc +11 (+10*)

Chumtooth places the shackles of compliance on the prisoners wrists. Once in place, he begins the interrogation.

"Did you attempt to sink our ship? Did you call on the magic used to attack us?"

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

The woman sighs under the influence of the shackles. "Yes," she nods sullenly. "My name is Vakarla and I am the leader of the Wreckers." In the small boat with her is a sea chest.


Male Kuru Ftr 4 / Rg 3 (pirate) l AC 18 T 13 FF 15 l HP 33/81 l F +8 R +7 W +2/+4* l Init +3 l Perc +11 (+10*)

"Unlock and open the chest," Chumtooth says to her. "Do not try to attack us or escape."


Skinwalker (wereshark-kin, seascarred) Ranger 7| HP 68 (75)/76 (83) | AC 19 Touch 12 FF 17| Fo +8 (9) Re +8 Wi +4| Init +2| Percep +13

Faengrim goes to open the chest. He stops just short. "Is it trapped?"

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

The woman sighs heavily, defeated. "No, it isn't." Obeying Chumtooth's command, she opens the chest. Inside is a mix of coinage and a large tome. Also wrapped in oilcloth, you find a golden statue of a wasp. Digging through the coins also produces a dagger set with aquamarine gemstones and a folded read-and-black naval ensign that displays the skull and crossed manacles of the Shackles. It feels like silk but is tougher than the studiest sailcloth. The coinage amounts to 320 gp.

Dantes examines the dagger with a practiced eye. "By Gozreh's fury!" he exclaims. "This is mithral! I'd say its worth is about 900 gp!"

GM Screen. No peeking!:
Dantes Appraise: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Male Kuru Ftr 4 / Rg 3 (pirate) l AC 18 T 13 FF 15 l HP 33/81 l F +8 R +7 W +2/+4* l Init +3 l Perc +11 (+10*)

Chumtooth nods. ”Do any of these things hold magic?” Chumtooth asks Dantes.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Dantes:
The ensign is magical, but nothing else in the chest is. However, of the equipment that you took from the woman, there are four scrolls, a wand, a vial of liquid, a cloak and a 50'foot coil of silk rope, all of which radiate magic.

The woman had on her person (just for complete transparency): a vial of liquid, four scrolls, a small stick about 1-1/2 feet in length, a falchion, a light crossbow with 10 bolts, a grey woolen cloak, a coil of silk rope, a bicorne hat, a periscope, a watertight engraved bronze scroll case, a pouch of what Dantes identifies as spell components, and a spyglass. I am assuming that he checks her goods for magic as well.


Dwarven Wizard (transmuter) 7 | HP 50 | Init +5 | Perc +0 (+2 w fam) | AC: 15 T: 15 FF: 14 CMD: 12 | F +6 R +5 W +7 | App +10 SpCr +14 |Conc +13|

Dantes taps the ensign and says "This is magical. I can examine it further."

Dantes lets out a low whistle as he examines the woman's gear. "All of it bears some power to it."


Male Kuru Ftr 4 / Rg 3 (pirate) l AC 18 T 13 FF 15 l HP 33/81 l F +8 R +7 W +2/+4* l Init +3 l Perc +11 (+10*)

"Good," Chumtooth says, nodding. "We will return the relic to its keepers, and bring this one to face them," he adds, nodding to the sorceress.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

To make a long story short...

You return the relic to the folks at the House of Stolen Kisses. Dindreann is delighted and even more so that you have brought the captain of the Wreckers before her. She promises you that she will experience exquisite pain for her crime. Moreover, she lives up to her promise of information.

"One of our patrons, a half-elf scrimshander in Drenchport by the name of Jaymiss Keft claims to have knowledge of a spy working the Shackles. Seek him out to learn more about this. And as a thank you for your service, you might also seek in Ollo for Haneilius Fitch, a retired ship's doctor who claims to have a method of locating the Brine Banshee." She bids you good day and takes her leave.


Skinwalker (wereshark-kin, seascarred) Ranger 7| HP 68 (75)/76 (83) | AC 19 Touch 12 FF 17| Fo +8 (9) Re +8 Wi +4| Init +2| Percep +13

The young shark-kin is disappointed in the reward. He had hoped for a more physical display of the the priestesses' gratitude.


Male Kuru Ftr 4 / Rg 3 (pirate) l AC 18 T 13 FF 15 l HP 33/81 l F +8 R +7 W +2/+4* l Init +3 l Perc +11 (+10*)

"Come!" Chumtooth says, clapping his companions on the shoulder. "Let us quench our thirsts for drink and flesh before we set sail again!"

Chumtooth spends the evening drinking, carousing, and making sure everyone knows that he and his crew fought and captured the wrecker captain, and returned her with the missing relic to the temple.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I
Faengrim wrote:
The young shark-kin is disappointed in the reward. He had hoped for a more physical display of the the priestesses' gratitude.

Though Dindreann is not open to this, she will happily allow Faengrim his pick of her temple girls, under the provision that no permanent harm comes to them.


Skinwalker (wereshark-kin, seascarred) Ranger 7| HP 68 (75)/76 (83) | AC 19 Touch 12 FF 17| Fo +8 (9) Re +8 Wi +4| Init +2| Percep +13

Faengrim would not have said anything. He's too scared of the Calistrian priestesses. If offered, however, he will woot and pick one for fun.


Male Kuru Ftr 4 / Rg 3 (pirate) l AC 18 T 13 FF 15 l HP 33/81 l F +8 R +7 W +2/+4* l Init +3 l Perc +11 (+10*)

While Faengrim is slaking his list, Chumtooth drinks in the tavern and boasts about his crew’s accomplishments.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

There is much drinking and carousing that goes on well into the night.

What next?


Male Kuru Ftr 4 / Rg 3 (pirate) l AC 18 T 13 FF 15 l HP 33/81 l F +8 R +7 W +2/+4* l Init +3 l Perc +11 (+10*)

”Dantes, which port is closer, Ollo or Drenchport?” Chumtooth asks.


Dwarven Wizard (transmuter) 7 | HP 50 | Init +5 | Perc +0 (+2 w fam) | AC: 15 T: 15 FF: 14 CMD: 12 | F +6 R +5 W +7 | App +10 SpCr +14 |Conc +13|

Dantes smiles, and takes advantage of the captain's question to roll out their mystical charts. Even though he knows the answer, he still looks for anything like weather fronts that may make a significant difference in travel times.

GM, how far to both ports?

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Ollo, on Shark Island, is technically closer by about 50 miles. Drenchport is a 150 miles journey, while Ollo is only 100 miles. However, with a weather front approaching from the west, the time to reach either port will be about the same.


Male Kuru Ftr 4 / Rg 3 (pirate) l AC 18 T 13 FF 15 l HP 33/81 l F +8 R +7 W +2/+4* l Init +3 l Perc +11 (+10*)

"To Shark Island, then Drenchport," Chumtooth says. "Are there any objections?"

2,951 to 2,971 of 2,971 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Open Water - A Skull & Shackles Adventure Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.