GM Tarondor's Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master Tarondor

Initiative Rolls:

[dice=Alister]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Aristu]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Grimnir]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Mikhail]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Piotr]1d20+2[/dice]

Perception Rolls:

[dice=Alister]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Aristu]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Grimnir]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Mikhail]1d20+12[/dice]
[dice=Piotr]1d20+10[/dice]

The Sword Marches Kingdom Spreadsheet, Turn 57
Maps of the Sword Marches
Guide to GM Tarondor's Kingmaker Campaign
Kingmaker Loot!
Mikhail's 5-Year Plan

Maps for Realm of the Fellnight Queen


1,901 to 1,950 of 2,127 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

Badly injured but conscious, the druid groans and tries to sit up, then lies back down. "Gods! It...it... ugh!"

He closes his eyes and weeps. "Fledhrim... Fledhrim... my wolf friend. I... it made me... oh Gods!"

Devarre's pain is obvious. Eventually he gulps and says "I was awake for all of it. So much...evil. So..." He rolls over and vomits on the ground and continues until he is only heaving drily.

"You have to be careful. That...thing... can read your mind and invade your dreams. It hates you, I know that much. I'm sure it won't leave you alone. If it can't beat you it can carry tales of you to the Rose Queen."


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Alister stays with Devarre, helping the man. "You're safe now. Can you tell us what you remember? Especially about the Rose Queen. We need to know how to stop her. Did the wisp know anything about where she is? Or Tenzekil, the bleachling?"


He shakes his head, holding back tears. "It kept everything from me but those things that could cause pain. But I know some things and learned others. I can learn more still once I am whole. Help me into the cabin."

Once there, Devarre drinks a potion and casts a spell on himself. His tears seem to stop and he stand straighter. Then, he heals himself with the power of Nature.

"The presence of the will-o'-wisp can drain one's common sense, leaving one almost a child. Come."

Returning outside, he gazes sadly into the wolf pit. After awhile, he summons the Green, causing the pit to rumble and then to magically fill with stones and dirt. "Return to the wild, my old friend," he says.

After a time, Devarre points to the stones on the hill by his cottage. "Can you feel their power? Set there by the fey in ancient days. I believe they are an anchor of sorts, designed to thrust Queen Rhoswen's plane, known as the Fellnight Realm, away from both the Material Plane and the First World, holding it in close proximity to the Shadow Plane. A similar anchor must exist in the First World. Long ago she angered the Eldest of the First World and they locked her away for some unknown crime. Somehow she has broken the wards and nearly returned to this world. That is what the mists are - the boundary to the Fellnight Realm."

"These are the major anchors, but there would have been a line of lesser ward stones both here and in the Fellnight Realm. Perhaps something happened with one of them. Wait, and I will consult the Green."

Devarre kneels down, entwining his fingers into the grass, thrusting his fingertips into the soil and intones mystic phrases of a singing. The glade around him glows with a great power, deep and very close, all around you. Each of you can feel the mighty coursing of power, the flow of light and life like a slow heartbeat pressing in all around you.

Then, it is gone and Devarre stands, wiping his fingers. "Dead Man's Drop. The mists come from the upper pool of Dead Man's drop, a waterfall several miles southeast of here."

"Now, thank you for the rescue. But I must rest and mourn. You must go to Dead Man's Drop to find what you seek."

The Exchange

Dwarf Paladin 7 | HP 74/74 | AC 25; Tch 12; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W +7 | CMB+10; CMD 21 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | +1 Dorn Dergar: +11 (1d10+5) | Perc +10

Grimnir listens with sorrow. "Yer not tae blame fer what happened," he says.

"But we will do all we can tae stop this. I swear upon the graves o' me men."


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Alister nods. "We need to break the connection with our world. How do we restore the wardstones once we find them?"


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Aristu considers, Southeast? The falls must lie on the Skunk. He consults their maps to see what lies between the group and the waterfall.


Grimnir Hammerhand wrote:

Grimnir listens with sorrow. "Yer not tae blame fer what happened," he says.

"But we will do all we can tae stop this. I swear upon the graves o' me men."

Devarre nods, perhaps doing his best to refrain from more unmanly tears.

Alister Medvyed wrote:
Alister nods. "We need to break the connection with our world. How do we restore the wardstones once we find them?"

Devarre shakes his head. "I do not know. There are far older creatures than myself in the forest. I will try to find you an answer while you go to Dead Man's Drop."

Aristu Medvyed wrote:
Aristu considers, Southeast? The falls must lie on the Skunk. He consults their maps to see what lies between the group and the waterfall.

So, this is a bit of an artifact of switching between Kingmaker and Queen of the Fellnight Realm. There isn't really an ideal spot on the map for this. I think it must lie on the Murque river, probably in hex 0516, but I wouldn't think too deeply about it...


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Fair enough, Aristu was really just looking to see if the map showed any hazards along the way that we might stumble into in the mists - like cliffs or bogs.


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

"Thank you for the information. Once we have finished at the falls I will return to see how you are faring." Mikhail checks over his equipment and prepares to head out.


Over the course of the next several hours, Our Heroes trek through the depth of the Narlmarches forest. All around them are trees, ancient and huge, some with trunks so wide it would take ten men to encompass them with arms flung wide. Game trails and small clearings dot the primordial forest here and there, but for the most part theses are woods few have ever seen. Some of you surveyed the area five years before, but honestly, one part of the woods looks much like another.

On a small branch of the Murque River, you come to line of hills where below the tallest hill the small tributary falls in several steep drops down to meet the Murque. This is Dead Man's Drop, so called because a bandit chief fell to his death here thirty years before trying to avoid a patrol out of Mivon.

The small river forms a wide pool at the bottom of the falls. Halfway up the hill is a second pool and the whole originates in a strong spring at the top of the hill. An old overgrown game trail rises along the steep banks of the creek here, choked with boulders and water-carved rocks from the runoff of previous flash floods. It ascends the hill beside the two pools.

As you arrive at the lower pool the creek grows wider and faster the farther upstream you go. Eventually, the banks level off into a small pool filled with sharp boulders at the base of a fifty-foot waterfall.

The mist is thick here, and even at Noon the visibility is no more than ten yards or so. The rest of the world seems to fade into soundless obscurity.


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

When they reach Dead Man's Drop, Alister uses his metamagic rod to cast another extended Heroism spell. He squints as he tries to see through the thick mist. "I might regret this, but..." Alister casts a Detect Magic and instinctively puts up his hand to try and block what might be an overwhelming sensation.

Cast heroism using extended metamagic rod. Then cast Detect Magic.


The mist is magical, unusual in its density and area, but otherwise appears to be harmless.

Alister: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Aristu: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Grimnir: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Mikhail: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Piotr: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

While Alister is concentrating on the magical auras, everyone else notices something moving through the water. Actually, it -is- the water moving like a living thing. It doesn't appear to be threatening, however. As they watch, something like a horse made of water surges up the waterfall and out of sight into the pool above.

The Exchange

Dwarf Paladin 7 | HP 74/74 | AC 25; Tch 12; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W +7 | CMB+10; CMD 21 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | +1 Dorn Dergar: +11 (1d10+5) | Perc +10

Grimnir instictively grabs his potion that allows him to breathe water. Having nearly drown years ago as a mercenary while battling a water elemental, he had no intention of fighting one again without this.

"That doesnae leuk like somethin A want tae fight. Let's hope it's friendly."


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Aristu tries to remember if any of Gran's tales mentioned a water horse. That one with the lost knight? He thought he saw his horse struggling in the rapids...


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

"Quickly, after it! Maybe it knows something." Alister draws his sword and begins climbing up to the second pool.


Aristu, that's a water elemental,and a big one at that.

The party climbs up the path to the upper pool.

A large bowl-shaped depression in the middle of the ravine lies half-filled by dual waterfalls descending from sheer cliffs above. The pool seems quite deep, with no bottom discernible from the shoreline, and remains turbulent as water funnels through the rocks to drop deeper into the gorge. Every few seconds a large swell of mist rises from the pool, obscuring all sight before slowly drifting into the forest.


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

"It looks like the wardstone is beneath the waters. I did not plan to ask Abadar for the ability to breath water today" Mikhail says as he looks around the pond.


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

"That creature is a water elemental. I don't think they are very smart, but one that size is likely to be powerful. Someone probably set it here to guard the wardstone."

The Exchange

Dwarf Paladin 7 | HP 74/74 | AC 25; Tch 12; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W +7 | CMB+10; CMD 21 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | +1 Dorn Dergar: +11 (1d10+5) | Perc +10

Grimnir grumbles, not liking the idea of getting wet.

"Someone fancy a swim?" he asks, looking reluctantly at the pool.


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

"I could summon a water elemental. I do not know, however, whether it could pass unmolested by the guardian," says Piotr.

"Should I try?"


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

"Before we try and do something to antagonize it, maybe we should try and talk to it. Can anyone communicate with it?" Mikhail tosses out.


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

"I can cast a spell to speak whatever language it speaks. Maybe we can get it to help us." Alister casts a spell and begins to try and speak Aquan towards the pool. It's a gurgling language that seems to sound like the man is about to drown.

Aquan:
"Hello? I am Alister of Stagfell. May we speak? We come as friends of the forest."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 16 + 2 = 28


A watery shape vaguely resembling a human face rises out of the water. It burbles and bubbles incomprehensibly.

Aquan:
"Go back, Man-thing! None may enter the pool by order of Her Magnificence Rhoswen, Queen of the Fellnight Realm!"


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Alister will translate for the others

"Ah good, we finally found it. We are associates of Tenzekil, the bleachling. The Magnificent Queen Rhoswen has commanded that we examine the wardstones. Something is wrong with them. She believes the druid to have done something. My brother has fey blood and can break the druid's magic."

"Now, she told us to find you and that you would show us the wardstones. Our Queen commands it."

Bluff (heroism): 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 = 22

The Exchange

Dwarf Paladin 7 | HP 74/74 | AC 25; Tch 12; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W +7 | CMB+10; CMD 21 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | +1 Dorn Dergar: +11 (1d10+5) | Perc +10

Grimnir fingers the potion of water breathing, not thinking this is going to work.

Still, he awaits the creature's response, half-believing Alister himself.


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

Piotr stays quiet, thinking that this is how he would be of best use.


The elemental looks nonplussed, then moves in an agitated fashion, internal conflict evident in its thrashing.

Eventually, it seems to come to a decision. Pointing a watery appendage at Aristu, it speaks.

Aquan:
"He can come. Only him."


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Without moving his head, Aristu glances sidelong at his brother and raises his eyebrows questioningly.


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Alister shakes his head. "He doesn't go anywhere without me. Now, our Queen told us to fix this. Where are the wardstones? We need to see them to figure out what the druid has done. My brother can break his magic, but he might need the rest of us to understand how." He watches the elemental closely to see what might resonate with it.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 16 + 2 = 24
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 2 = 20


The elemental folds its arms, evidently ready to defy you to fulfill its orders.

The Exchange

Dwarf Paladin 7 | HP 74/74 | AC 25; Tch 12; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W +7 | CMB+10; CMD 21 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | +1 Dorn Dergar: +11 (1d10+5) | Perc +10

Grimnir doesn't understand the exchange, and remains ready for action.


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Alister glances at his brother, then back to the elemental. He speaks in a precise and low voice. "I don't think you understand me. Show us the wardstones. If Queen Rhoswen hears that you refused us, she'll use you as a watering hole and you'll learn what it feels like to go through every forest animal in her whole realm."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 2 = 20

Uh...three 6s in a row...?


Yeah, the elemental may not be very bright, but he's tired of this. He roars in anger and a second large elemental rises from the water beside him, this one looking more like a finned horse than a man. Together, they attack!

Alister: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Aristu: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Grimnir: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Mikhail: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Piotr: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Water Elementals: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

STATUS
Piotr
Aristu (35/37 hp)
Grimnir
Alister (45/47 hp)
Water Elemental #1
Water Elemental #2
Mikhail (54/56 hp)

Piotr, Aristu, Grimnir and Alister, go!


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

"Fine, have it you way! Burn them to hell!" Alister shouts, suddenly disappearing.

Start Inspire Courage. (+2/2 to hit/damage) Cast Vanish.

The Exchange

Dwarf Paladin 7 | HP 74/74 | AC 25; Tch 12; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W +7 | CMB+10; CMD 21 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | +1 Dorn Dergar: +11 (1d10+5) | Perc +10

10' reach, enter defensive stance

Grimnir plants his feet and begins swinging his weapon in large circles. He strikes out at the elemental, not having any intention of ceding ground.

+1 Dorn Dergar (power attack, defensive stance, inspire courage): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 191d10 + 13 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 3 + 2 = 27
+1 Dorn Dergar (power attack, defensive stance, inspire courage): 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 201d10 + 13 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 3 + 2 = 24


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

Thinking that this is only some of the guardians, Piotr casts a spell to aid himself and his companions.

Cast Haste (7 rds - +1 atk bonus, +1 Reflex, +1 dodge bonus to AC, +30 ft movement, +1 attack when making full attack)


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Aristu keeps a close eye on both elementals as he casts a spell. His hands trace out a complex pattern before coming together, outstretched and pointing at the human faced elemental.

Defensively cast Scorching Ray at the human faced elemental.

Concentration + Combat Casting: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 4 = 29
DC=19, so success!

From each hand, a beam of fire shoots across the river at the elemental. Then Aristu takes a step away from the shoreline.

ranged touch attack + Inspire Courage + Haste: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 13
fire damage + Inspire Courage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 1, 2, 5) + 2 = 15

ranged touch attack + Inspire Courage + Haste: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 23
fire damage + Inspire Courage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3, 5, 6) + 2 = 22

5' Step: S


As Alister begins to inspire his troops and Piotr imbues them all with an arcane celerity, Grimnir lashes out with his dorn-derger, its big stone ball driving a hole straight through one of the elementals, then swinging back around his head. Meanwhile, Aristu boils the watery being with gouts of flame from the elemental plane of fire, turning part of its temporary body into steam.

The elementals lash out, slamming Our Heroes with thunderous waves and dangerous rip tides, battering most of the party in their defense of their queen's territory.

Elemental attack v. Grimnir: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 261d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Hit.
Elemental attack v. Alister (Great Cleave): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 201d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Hit.
Elemental attack v. Arkon(Great Cleave): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 281d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Hit.

Elemental attack v. Aristu: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 191d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Hit.
Elemental attack v. Alister (Great Cleave): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 311d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Hit.
Elemental attack v. Mikhail (Great Cleave): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 221d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Miss.

STATUS
Piotr
Aristu (25/37 hp)
Grimnir (64/74 hp)
- Arkon (39/49 hp)
Alister (29/47 hp)
Water Elemental (Horse-head)
Water Elemental (Vaguely humanoid) (46 damage)
Mikhail (54/56 hp)

Everyone, go!


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

Can the elementals see invisible? Alister is invisible.


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Mikhail steps forward and swings at the creature that lashed out at him.

If Its difficult Terrain I will use the Travel Domain as a free action to be able to 5 ft step. PA and attack the sea horse.

Attack with Civility, PA, IC, and Haste: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 27

Damage with Civility, PA, IC, and Haste: 2d6 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 25

Attack with Civility, PA, IC, and Haste: 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 9

Damage with Civility, PA, IC, and Haste: 2d6 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 25

Haste Attack with Civility, PA, IC, and Haste: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 19

Damage with Civility, PA, IC, and Haste: 2d6 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 1) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 22

The Exchange

Dwarf Paladin 7 | HP 74/74 | AC 25; Tch 12; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W +7 | CMB+10; CMD 21 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | +1 Dorn Dergar: +11 (1d10+5) | Perc +10

Sorry, I need to include a line indicating my changed AC during my defensive stance. I have an extra +2 AC, so my AC is actually 27 last round and the elemental would have missed me.

Grimnir retains his defensive stance, attacking with all his might.

+1 Dorn Dergar (power attack, defensive stance): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 121d10 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 3 = 22
+1 Dorn Dergar (power attack, defensive stance): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 241d10 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 3 = 22

Defensive Stance, AC 27, 16 rounds/day left


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Grimnir should get another attack with Haste.


Alister Medvyed wrote:
Can the elementals see invisible? Alister is invisible.

No, they can't.

Alister Stealth: 1d20 + 0 + 1 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 0 + 1 + 20 = 41 Holy schnikies!
humanoid elemental Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
horsehead elemental Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Looks like neither elemental hit Alister. All other hits stand.


Mikhail Templeson wrote:
Grimnir should get another attack with Haste.

+1 Dorn Dergar (power attack, defensive stance): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 111d10 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 3 = 22 Miss.


The warriors assault the elementals, Mikhail going left and Grimnir going right. They slash and smash, hurling water about as the elementals roar and roil.

STATUS
Piotr
Aristu (25/37 hp)
Grimnir (64/74 hp)
- Arkon (39/49 hp)
Alister (45/47 hp)
Water Elemental (Horse-head) (37 damage)
Water Elemental (Vaguely humanoid) (53 damage)
Mikhail (54/56 hp)

Piotr, Aristu, Alister, go!


Human Bard 7 [hp 47/47; F+4, R+7, W+8 (+4 vs. language and sonic); AC 18/12/17; Init +1, Perception +10, Sense Motive +16]

"Tear them apart!" Alister suddenly appears next to an elemental and plunges his sword, pulsing with magic, into it.

Continue Inspire Courage. Arcane Strike.

Attack vs. flatfooted (heroism, IC, haste, invisible): 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 28
Damage (IC, AS): 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 9

Haste Attack vs. normal AC (heroism, IC, haste): 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 31
Damage (IC, AS): 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 11


Wizard 7 (Conjurer) - HP 40/40, AC 15 / T: 12 / FF: 13; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7; CMB +2, CMD 14; Speed 30; Init +2; Perception +15

Piotr hangs back, alert for any other threats approaching while he pulls out his wand.


Male Human Sorcerer 7 (Fey) - HP 37/37 - AC: 13 / T: 12 / FF: 12 - F: +3 / R: +5/ W: +6 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30', Init. +1 - Perception +3

Aristu continues his attack, this time launching green bolts that arc over his companions to strike the humanoid elemental.

Defensively cast Magic Missile at the vaguely humanoid elemental

Concentration + Combat Casting: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 4 = 17
DC=17, so success!

force damage: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 1) + 4 = 15


Alister appears and slashes at the horse-headed foe with his sword, sending sprays of water about. Meanwhile his brother blasts the other elemental with darts of eldritch force which pierce the watery form like fiery stones.

Piotr watches the waterfall and its surroundings.

Vaguely Humanoid Elemental Power Attack v. Grimnir: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 2 = 141d8 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 4 = 17
Vaguely Humanoid Elemental Power Attack v. Alister: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 - 2 = 281d8 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 4 = 15
Horsehead Elemental Power Attack v. Mikhail: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 2 = 291d8 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 4 = 14
Vaguely Humanoid Elemental Power Attack v. Alister: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 - 2 = 271d8 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 = 11

The elementals begin making wild sweeps with their giant, watery fists, pounding their opponents like rogue waves on the beach. Grimnir dodges the giant fist, but another hits Mikhail with the force of a raging bull. Both elementals thunder down on Sir Alister, nearly driving him to his knees!

STATUS
Piotr
Aristu (25/37 hp)
Grimnir (64/74 hp)
- Arkon (39/49 hp)
Alister (19/47 hp)
Water Elemental (Horse-head) (47 damage)
Water Elemental (Vaguely humanoid) (63 damage)
Mikhail (40/56 hp)

Anyone, go!


Male Human Fighter [Buckler Duelist] 2 / Cleric 4/ Holy Vindicator 1 - HP 56/56 - AC 27/T: 12/FF: 25 - F: +10 R: +3 W: +9 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 22, Speed: 20, Init: +1 - Perception +15 ; Hero Points- 1; Channels /3

Mikhail grits his teeth at the blow that struck him and swings back at the creature.

Attack with Civility with PA, IC, Haste: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 15

Damage with Civility with PA, IC: 2d6 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 21

Attack with Civility with PA, IC, Haste: 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 12

Damage with Civility with PA, IC: 2d6 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 17

Haste Attack with Civility with PA, IC, Haste: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 18

Damage with Civility with PA, IC: 2d6 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 20

1,901 to 1,950 of 2,127 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Kingmaker Campaign: Rivers Run Red All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.