GMF's 5e Extravaganza (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

Current Day: Marduk's Day, 42nd day of Blossoms (Day 33)

Current Combat Map


801 to 850 of 1,619 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask extends a hand as well and with a hint of disappointment in his voice,

"If there are no beasts that challenge the town then I don't see myself hunting large wolves for the fun of it."

Eyeing the workshop and the dogs

"A fine shop you've got yourself here. I don't want to take up too much of your time tonight Master Carpenter, take care of the fine beasts there."

Zask bows and takes his leave not wanting to peruse the matter anymore and finds his way back to the inn to retire for the night..


Garyld is pleased to make Zask's acquaintance and let's him know to come see him if he ends up needing wood work done.

You all arrange for lodgings at the Baron of Mutton and you spend the night in relative comfort.

UR's Day, 21st day of Blossoms. 11th day of the Campaign.

The Mutton set you up with a modest but filling breakfast and a quick look outside finds the day cloudy, but not threatening rain.

What's your pleasure? Letting Dolgrin get his craft on? Head to Thurmaster by foot? Hang around to see if a merchant barge arrives?


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Craft Dolgrin craft!


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Yep. Epic crafting roll expected...


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

maybe just head on with the delivery?


Oh for f@**s sake, I had post on tuesday. I must have not hit submit. Sorry about that folks.

Dolgrin Shieldarm wrote:

Dolgrin returns to the forge, speaking to both Walright and Semeren. Collecting his tools from Penelope, he makes sure she is stabled for the time being and taken care of. Returning inside the forge he starts the fire, looking around to see what materials are available to use.

Smiling he notices small pieces of carbon steel laying around and a white powder that he'd used before. Gathering up five of them he stacks them alternating the steel, heating the pieces he welds the ends together then covers them with the white powder. Sweat had already began to drip from his beard as he wiped a sooty forearm across his eyes. The sound of hammer and steel began its song upon the anvil.

Continually he heated and hammered the steel, folding it in on itself and many times over the course of the evening, until it was no longer easy to tell where one piece of steel ended and the others began. Eventually the pattern reached a pleasing appearance to his eye and he cut the bar to make his individual pieces.

Again he heated the pieces and hammered them to make the beam and the pillar piece, using two similar pieces of stock for the pans. Making them as near to identical as he could...A larger piece could not take this amount of work and still be completed on time but there was a chance this would be something special.

Earlier he'd spied a wooden base containing a broken scale. The base would serve the purpose for him and he would make the pieces he needed.
Now that the main pieces were roughed out he began the process of filing and refining the shape until the pillar stood tall and straight and the beam sat true on top of it. Them water and sand, followed by water and sand followed many more times by water and sand until the whole of the metal surfaces shone with it's inner beauty.

Once the scale had been completed Dolgrin took no small amount of pleasure in admiring his handiwork. To take the natural material of the ground and transform them into a tool for the tradesman was something to be proud of but to also create something that is beautiful, that is what Thirlo had taught his followers, utility came first, for if it didn't fulfill the purpose for which you made it; it was nothing but junk. But beauty could be had when extra care was put into the subject at hand.

Finding linseed oil in the back and some rags he cleaned the base up as well and made ready to present the scale to Master Carmen. Before doing so he spent time with a working version and verified he weighed true.

Wrapping the scale in oilcloth he returns to the mansion, unless Darius meets him at the forge, and request an audience once more.

"Sir, you gave me access to your forge and the materials held there within. Your charge being to produce something during my time to justify room and board as well as to prove my abilities with the hammer and tongs. Any apprentice can go in and make a hammer, sword or axe. A true master can make one that you could even shave with but alas time was not an option to follow there. So I chose to use my time building something that I saw was broken, a merchants scale. For always the shrewd business man needs to know if he is being swindled."

Excellent post by the way. So enjoy a dose of inspiration from the DM.

News of a strange dwarf working at the Carmen smithy spreads fast and several townsfolk come to take a gander. At one point a gnarled, white-haired dwarf comes in to watch with a keen eye. He says nothing, but after a while, he gives out a grunt of approval before wandering back outside.

Later at the mansion, Darius Carmen meets with Dolgrin in his study and looks over his work. His face doesn't reveal much, but seems to appreciate the workmanship. "Aye, you've some skill at the forge, I'll grant you that. I'll let the twins know that you've credit with me. So long as you put in sometime at the forge, I'll cover your lodgings here in town. While you're there, feel free to give some pointers to Walright and Semeren. They're had workers, but they lack your touch."

Just to ramp back up some intensity. RANDOM ENCOUNTER!!

While walking back from his meeting with Darius, Dolgrin hears a bust of screams coming from near the river. Anyone outside also hears it. Anyone inside hears it with a DC12 Perception check. Make a call as to where you are based on what you would be doing waiting for Dolgrin.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Seems like this is what passive perception is for, no? I think Lichen has alertness and that adds +5 to perception? His passive is a 21

From wherever Lichen waits with the rest of the group he hears the scream and responds Dp you hear that? Someone needs help. he springs up and begins moving towards the scream.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Zask is disturbed from his meditation by the screams coming from the nearby river and makes his way over to investigate, beckoning anyone of his companions he might see on the way


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Thank you GM. Apologies all for my disappearance, however storm duty is once more over

Dolgrin takes Darius Carmen's praise well, "Aye, I'll work with them." Taking his leave from the Darius's mansion, Dolgrin walks back to find the others

Nearing the river, the sounds of screaming draws his attention and he hustles towards them


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

DC12 Perception check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Presuming Vhaezil is with Lichen

Vhaezil also hears the scream, and with his usual dour countenance, reacts accordingly;

"Indeed I did... Screams either signify impending death or a fell discovery... Which will it be I wonder?"

He gathers his satchel and mace, before following the druid at a somewhat less urgent pace...


@Lichen: Yup, that's what passive perc is for.

You follow the sound of commotion to a muddy beach on the river. Several local kids are shouting in panic, as you and other adult villagers converge on the scene. About 15 feet from the shore, the water roils. A boy briefly bursts from the froth before dropping back below the water, as a slimy brown fin rises from the foam.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

I guess swim is an athletics check?

Arriving on the scene Lichen tries to assess the situation. Can he make a guess about the water's depth both near the shore and where the boy is?

Knowledge Nature to identify the fin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Dolgrin rushes towards the shoreline, only to find a youngster caught in the waters, taking aim at the circling fin, he calls forth a flame-like light that falls upon it.

Cast Sacred Flame, range 60', DC13 Reflex negates, no benefit for cover

damage if hit: 1d8 ⇒ 1 radiant <sigh>


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Seeing the attempt Dolgrin makes to subdue the beast Zask lets his inner fire take over and dives into the river nearest to the location of the beast and boy and tries to latch on to whatever he comes in contact with,

Perception with Disadvantage to identify anything once under water?
River Vision: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
River Vision Sucks: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Strength check to latch onto something?

Grip On Something?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Not sure if a Grapple would be more appropriate if Zask is able to identify something first, Let me know!


@Lichen: No checks needed for swimming, baring exceptional circumstances. It just halfs your movement speed. The water is muddy and the commotion has churned it up even more, so it is hard to tell, but it shouldn't be more than chest deep that close to shore. From you roll, you can tell that it is some sort of large fish, but you haven't seen enough to get a positive ID.

Dex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

In the roiling commotion, the fish manages to evade Dolgrin's bolt

@Zask: It's a muddy mess underwater and you can't see squat. I'm not sure what you are trying to grab a hold of (you miss regardless), but you can see what is happening well enough to grab something.

Initiative rolls:

Rhys: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Zask: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Vhaezil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Lichen: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Dolgrin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Baddies: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Combat?
22 Rhys
15 Vhaezil
12 Fish
6 Lichen
5 Zask
3 Dolgrin

Vhaezil and Rhys are up and then fish. We're not in combat per se, but I do need to track action order.


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys runs with the others to the riverside at the panicked scream of the children.

When the child in the river appears, his heart leaps. Then when the slimy brownfin appears, his face screws up in doubt, "What in blazes is that?"

Noticing that he was ankle deep in the brown water, he resists the urge to step back, instead staying put in case he can render aid. With that in mind, he turns and places his pack on the shore and pulls out his coil of rope.

He then hands it off to one of his more adventurous companions as they venture further into the opaque waters...


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

GMF was hoping to maybe grab onto the kid or the fish, i figured it would be almost no visibility so just was going blind on it


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Standing on the bank, Lichen tries to throw fire at the fish-creature, hoping to at least distract it.

Produce Flame: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d8 ⇒ 7


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Round 1

Vhaezil eyes the brown fin with an analytical gaze;

"I cannot discern its nature... Therefore would advise caution Master Quickhand! If the piscis can swallow a child, you too will be on its diet!"

The warlock methodically unshoulders his crossbow, then retrieves a bolt...


Lichen's ball of flame connects with a sizzle and hiss of steam.

There is a surge of water and you see a boy rise from the water arms flailing. He keeps rising above the water and you see that his lower half has been stuffed into the barbel fringed maw of a gigantic catfish.

Escapist: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

The child frantically tries to extract himself, but can't wriggle free.

Fish Swallow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The catfish's gullet contracts but can't get his meal down.

More townfolk converge on the scene, while others take off to find equipment to help with the rescue. The barks of approaching dogs breaks through the din.

Everyone is up.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Round 2

Vhaezil loads and shoulders his crossbow somewhat awkwardly, it is clearly an action he is not well versed with.

Should I aim for the piscis I wonder? Or the childe soon to be swallowed? Aggression or mercy...

The warlock steadies and lets fly:

Best play the hero...

Ranged: Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Light Crossbow Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Seeing the burst of flame and water Zask somewhat regrets his decision to be in the water,

Too late now...

Swimming as quickly to the fish as he can he lashes out with a fist hoping it will spit its prey out,

Not sure if any of this is at disadvantage given the conditions but ill roll twice just in case to save you some math time

Slap: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Slap Dis.: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Non Crit: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Crit!: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6

and again!

Slap: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Slap Dis.: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Unsure if he would be more useful in the water or not, Lichen is heartened that the fire spell seemed to do some good and tries it again.

Produce Flame: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 201d8 ⇒ 1


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Dolgrin continues to bring radiant fire down upon the fish.

Cast Sacred Flame, range 60', DC13 Reflex negates, no benefit for cover

damage if hit: 1d8 ⇒ 8


REF: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Zask flounders, slapping at the fish. Lichen's own spell hits with little more than a fizzle, but Dolgin bellows out a plea to his patron and brings down a bolt of divine retribution.

The fish spits out the child and dips blow the surface.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

At least it was a precise fizzle. I fizzled it right in the eye. :)

Lichen stands ready to burn the overly aggressive fish again should it show itself.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Suspecting the immediate danger to the child is over, Vhaezil lowers his crossbow.

He eyes his companions with a implacable expression;

"Using magical fire against a fish in its natural habitat... A most interesting stratagem gentlemen."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Just need to scare the fish away. Even steam from the fire might have done that without hitting it. Fish are natural and need to eat. This one has been discourages from human prey now. Lets hope it has a long memory.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask swims to the child who in retrospect is probably bigger than Zask, I think I forgot I was 3 feet tall. and grabs the scruff of his shirt and drags him back toward the shoreline.

"I felt like a fish on land in that water!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"What's wrong Vhaezhil? Never had steamed fish? Add a bit of Ginger and scallions, exquisite. Let's check on the boy before he drowns Zask."

Moving forward to check on the ?injured? boy, he checks for broken bones and cuts from nearly being made a meal of.

medicine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Turning to those on the shoreline. "That fish been trouble before?"


A cheer goes up at the lad's rescue. A couple of ropes are tossed out and Zask has little trouble helping bring the boy into shore. The boy is grey in the face and pretty obviously in shock.

@Dolgrin: He's pretty beat up. Lots of soft tissue damage and his legs are pretty shredded. He looks like he's lost a fair bit of blood.

Some one replies to Dolgrin, "Ain't never seen one that big, but I've seen a catfish take a dog before."

Speaking of dogs, two large, black hunting hounds come bounding into the crowd. Barking like mad and jumping around in excitement. @Zask you recognize these as Garyld the carpenter's dogs

Now with the excitement fading, other whispers begin... "Did you see that? He lit his hand on fire and threw it at the fish! "The dwarf called fire from the sky! He's fey-touched, he is!" "Magic it was. Clear as day." "Black business that." and so forth. There is a subtle, but definite shift in the crowd's energy, as people begin to process what happened.

Just a setting reminder: Arcane magic is seriously frowned upon and it's not like common folk know how to tell the difference.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask shakes off the water and mud quickly and tries to give the hounds a pat on the head for their encouragement. Looking to the crowd gathered Zask shakes his head in disbelief.

"What he did was save your child. His work was selfless.."

Zask brushes off his beard and points his quarterstaff at the crowd in a long sweeping arc.

"...none of your townsfolk jumped in to save the boy. Gifts should not be looked so down upon."


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Dolgrin frowns as he inspects the boy, between the blood loss and the infection likely to set in from the combination of muddy water and the fish's bite, the boy didn't look good. Ignoring Zask's reprimand of the people he cries out.

"Thirlo Silverhammer, patron of the Smiths, even as the fires of your eternal fires can create tools with which to attack, defend or farm; those same fires can be used to mend that which was broken. Grant me but an ember from those eternal fires so that I might return this child whole to his family."

Dolgrin moves his hands across the boy, willing that a soft yellow healing glow move with them.

In for a penny, in for a pound


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil watches the growing unrest with interest.

He had expected this kind of mentality from backwater hovels such as this place.

Should it turn ugly, the diabolist would oblige them in showing what what black business truly was...


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Addressing the crowd Lichen rekindles the torch flame in his hand. I did indeed summon fire. It is a gift given to me as a druid of the green faith. He dismisses the flame and continues Like my dwarves friend I can also heal wounds. Observe all who fear such divine gifts and see that they are good.

He then heals the boy as well.

Cure Light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Now whose dogs are these, and might their presence mean someone else needs help?


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

apologies GM, Dolgrin cast cure light wounds as well

Cure Wounds: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Thankfully Lichen joined the effort


@Dolgrin: No worries. I figured as much

"Saved!? But at what cost!?" A loud voice booms out from the crowd. It parts and see the approach of a large man in white robes. He has a wild mane of greying blond hair and a beard to match, which frame a tanned and wrinkled face dotted with two blazing blue eyes. A couple of younger robed men follow in his wake. "What is a life with a soul tainted by the foul touch of unclean magics? Who knows what devilish packs the dwarves make in their caves where they hide from UR's sight?" There a bit of a murmur at this. "And we all know the monstrosities that lurk in the deepest woods." Murmurs of agreement. "I wonder which such abomination this druid has curried favor with? How many babies have sacrificed, heathen? How many did you trade for your 'power'?" Gasps and grumbling from the crowd.

"And you!" He spins to point an accusatory finger at Vhaezil. "Do not think I can not see you! For I do see you and know you for what you are! You clever to hide yourself from these people, but you cannot hide from me. These folk are under my protection you'll find no wayward souls to corrupt here!" A few shouts of agreement from the crowd.

"These fine folk, will not stand for it. We will see..." He's interrupted as one of the hounds leaps up on him. He brushes the dog gently aside. "We will not be..." The dog hops up again and is again brushed aside. The hound bounces around at the game and lets out a playful bark.

"Sorry Father. All the excitement has got him all riled up." A tall man with a thick mop of greying dark hair limps from the crowd. He has a massive longbow swung over one shoulder. "Sorry, but he seems to have made a bit of a mess of you robes." @Zask: You recognize Garyld the carpenter

The preacher looks down and notices the muddy dog prints marring the pristine white of his clothing. There a quiet snicker from the crowd.

The archer continues, "Sounds like you've identified some potentially dangerous individuals here. It might be best if I take them in for questioning, don't ya think? Why don't you take Billy to the temple and make sure that he's all healed up right and proper." He picks out three people from the crowd, "Jarvan, Mihale, Gregor. Why don't you help?"

He turns to the party, "Master Zask nice to see you again. I guess I'm about as much of a sheriff as we have in Milbourne, and I would appreciate it if you and your friends would come with me to answer a few questions?"

Insight DC12:
He is clearly trying to give you an opportunity to get away from the crowd and diffuse the situation."


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Insight DC12: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

As the scene unfolds all Vhaezil focusses on, is the hedge priest and his lofty threats.

The diabolist stares at the man impassively, answering in his usual flat tone:

"Non comminabatur: tradebat autem servi infernum. Magistri sui exigere vindictam."

Infernal:

"Threaten not the servant of hell. For his masters may demand recompense."

His gloved hand slips to the scroll at his belt...


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Sorry guys, hell of a week...

Rhys sighs a huge sigh of relief as the boy is drawn from the brown river, injured but alive.

With a wry smile, he realized that most of his relief is that he didn't have to get into that water himself.

His good feeling however are dashed by the suspicious comments from the locals. The back of his neck grew hot as his anger grew, and he was about to let fly with some scathing invective, when the holyman in white appeared and upped the ante.

Seething, Rhys once again was about to sally forth, when the archer intervened...

Insight: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

...and Rhys' anger subsided. Seeing Vheazil about to do someing infernally stupid, Rhys declared loudly, "I welcome the opportunity to answer your questions, Sheriff!"

As he does so, he moves forward and bumps gently into Vhaezil, laying a hand on the diabolists hand gripping the scroll, shielding it from suspicious eyes, "Don't...he's giving us an out...", Rhys says, his eyes never leaving the holyman.

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Insight: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Taking in the scene Zask acknowledges Garyld with a half bow,

"Master Carpenter."

To his companions,

"Best we comply with the Sheriff's request here..."

and looking toward the soiled robe of the priest,

"We wouldn't want to muddy our fragile reputation any more now would we sir."

Zask heads in the direction the carpenter wishes them to head hoping his companions follow suite.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Insight: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Lichen wants to confront the backwards priest. What the man is doing is at best ignorant and possibly even evil. But he thinks better of it and nods, agreeing to go with Garyld. I've nothing to hide and only the best intentions toward these people. Judge me by my acts and not the words of a confused old man. Was ready to confront that priest here and now, but made the insight roll. :)


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

As Rhys interjects, Vhaezil calmly acknowledges him - the brief spark of hellfire within abated for now...

"Indeed. I grow weary of empty threats and idle conjecture..."

The diabolist stands down and follows in the wake of Zask and the others.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Looking at the young boy, who's safety and healing he'd been part of only to have an addle brained human ?priest? question their motives and source of healing. Short sighted humans fail to look beyond their noses

With a wink he says quietly. "Nothing foul taints our magics boy, you'll be just fine. Run along to your ma and pa" White-knuckled hand gripping the haft of his war-hammer; he uses it to leverage himself up. Turning towards the crowd he prepares himself.

insight(DC12): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

The sheriff's words sink in, Well someone here has some common sense, easing the grip on his hammer he stows it for travel and looks to Garyld. "Lead the way."


Garyld gives you a nod of gratitude and says, "Glad to see that you'll be coming along peacefully"

He turns his attention back to the crowd, "Excitement's over folks, so go home. I'll handle it from here. And if you've got nothing better to do, grab yourself a fishing pole. I hear the fish are biting something fierce."

There's a brief bark of laughter as he leads the party away. "We'll go speak at my shop." He leads you towards his shop, his dogs ranging ahead. The trip is a short one and he says nothing until you are all in side the brightly lit workshop.

Garyld lets out a sigh, "Thank you for not escalating the situation. Semheis is a racist ass, but there are a few others in town that prescribe to his particular flavor of religion, and things could have gotten ugly fast."


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Staying at the back of the group, Vhaezil listens intently, then allows himself a furtive smile as he learns the priest's name.

Semheis. Now I know your name priest. So too shall they...


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask raises an eyebrow,

"Thanks for interjecting, although I'm not certain things would have gone well for the mob is they got too rowdy. Semheis... father. You seem like a sensible man and respected here in town, we are just passerby's here but why is his flavor of religion tolerated?

Zask gives a hound a scratch behind the ear,

"It seems dangerous"


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Aye. A confused old man he is at best. I fear he is much worse and would like to see good people punished for helping save lives. Could he have had something to do with that fish?


"Confused? No. Dangerous? Perhaps. That's most-likely why he was stationed here when the old priest died. The temple here is far enough away from the center of things to keep him out of trouble, but not so far that his fellows from the church can't pop in to make sure he isn't causing any trouble."

"As for the fish, not a chance. This time of year, with spawning season just around the corner, the females are voracious and the males are extremely aggressive. I didn't get a look at it, but it was probably a old male on the hunt for a mate. He'd have better luck downstream though."

"I would stay clear of Semheis though. He's not likely to raise of fuss, but he does adhere more to the purifying fire aspects of the Ayan faith, so maybe don't poke the bear. He might be a bit of a s~%%, but he's not without power of his own."

"I know your dwarven friend has an arrangement with Master Carmen and that'll keep Semheis out of his beard, but your friend skulking at the back there," he waves a hand towards Vhaezil, "might want to watch his back."

"Only the very confident, or incredibly stupid, would proclaim their allegiance to the infernal pits so openly. It won't take much provocation for Semheis to round a mob to see you burned as a heretic."


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

As attention shifts to his diabolical proclivities, Vhaezil merely shrugs nonchalantly;

"Neither brazen nor foolish Master Garyld. Death holds no fear to me, nor do zealots like Semheis... That is the simple fact of it."


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"Thank you for your calm head sheriff, we have business further down the road. We shall leave in the morning, I believe we were waiting for a barge heading that way but we can take the overland route. My business arrangement with Master Carmen can be taken up again upon our, my return."

Dolgrin finds himself liking the outspoken sheriff slash town carpenter.

801 to 850 of 1,619 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's 5e Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.