Flames of the Wicked

Game Master Fallen_Mage

Even the greatest flames begin with a simple spark.

Combat Map


1 to 50 of 3,444 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

It’s been days since your trial which sentenced you to imprisonment at Branderscar Prison, a place known throughout Talingarde for being inescapable. Now the time has finally arrived for you to be transported to the fortress turned prison. While chained, you are roughly dragged from your holding cell into the caged wagon with a few others, also sentenced as you.

Days pass as you are transported from Daveryn to Branderscar. In one village, you overhear Caravan Master state that he doesn’t like the state the roads ahead. The Captain disregarded the warning, stating, ”This waste of skin needs to be delivered to Branderscar, and I have never missed a delivery. We push on.”

The prison caravan begins moving on.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

Eri sits quietly and waits for the right moment.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

It's good to see you Nick.


♂ Aasimar Warpriest 4/Hierophant 2 HP: 43/47; AC: 19, T: 11, FF: 18; Fort: +7, Ref: +5, Will: +9, Perception: +12, Init: +3

Gio looks around the wagon while maintaining his silence.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Gio:
You don't see anything exploitable in your current situation. But, you do notice the looks of annoyance from the Caravan Master as he glances at the Captain.


♂ Aasimar Warpriest 4/Hierophant 2 HP: 43/47; AC: 19, T: 11, FF: 18; Fort: +7, Ref: +5, Will: +9, Perception: +12, Init: +3

Not entirely sure how to manipulate the tension, yet not consigned to giving up here, Gio speaks to the Caravan Master. "How do you let such a savage tell you how to do your job? Surely you are a learned man and an expert of your trade. If anything, he should defer to you and your wisdom."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Despite the instructions given not to talk to the prisoners, your honeyed words made the Caravan Master stopped and looked at you. He went to say something, but thought better of it and continued on his way.

Gio:
You could tell that something you said resonated with him. Perhaps a little more pushing on your part.

A week later, the Caravan Master’s prediction comes true. All four wagons break a wheel and an axle. Soon after, you hear a heated argument between the two Officers. From what you can hear, they can repair two wagons without issue, but the others will need supplies from the last village to fix. The Captain decides to have the cage and troop transport wagons fixed.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

Not being one of vast intelligence or wisdom, Eri decides to keep quiet and wait for a cue from one of the others before doing anything. She wasn't good with her words, or much of anything really except for tearing people open. She would continued to wait though and be patient. If they were going to escape, they would all have to act together which meant she had to wait and see if they came up with a plan. Closing her eyes, she takes some slow deep breaths as she silently prays to her Goddess for guidance and strength.


Male Halfling NE Unchained Rogue (Shadow Walker) 4, Stranger 2
Status:
Init: +8* /10| HP: 51/51 | AC: 21* /25 | FF: 10 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +11 | Will: +6* | Perception: +12* w/ 40ft Darkvision | Mythic Power (5/7) |

"Wow! What are the odds that every wagon breaks down at the same time? You don't think someone planned that do ya?" The yet unnamed Halfling asks loudly.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

Already tired of this trip she just looks up, but doesn't say anything. She was sure that when the right moment to act came, that she would get some sign from the others. She didn't want to risk doing anything too soon without some sort of plan.


♂ Aasimar Warpriest 4/Hierophant 2 HP: 43/47; AC: 19, T: 11, FF: 18; Fort: +7, Ref: +5, Will: +9, Perception: +12, Init: +3

So, what are these four wagons? I get one is our cage and the other is for troops. What are the other two?


Troop supplies and supply shipment for the prison. And in case you're wondering, I'm giving Mark a chance to post before continuing.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

Yeah, we pretty much figured that. It's cool, they have a lot going on right now. I know he'll post whenever he gets the chance. Eri is just waiting for someone to tell her what to do. She's notg the planning strategic type, so she's not gonna do something that might get us all killed.


One of the guards slapped his leather-bound club against the bars of the prison wagon, "Silence half-pint. Prisoners do not speak."

Sense Motive DC 15:
As the repairs are undertaken, you get the sense that the men are a bit on edge and annoyed.


Male Halfling NE Unchained Rogue (Shadow Walker) 4, Stranger 2
Status:
Init: +8* /10| HP: 51/51 | AC: 21* /25 | FF: 10 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +11 | Will: +6* | Perception: +12* w/ 40ft Darkvision | Mythic Power (5/7) |

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Aleister communicates his displeasure at being told off with wild, offensive and quite vulgar hand gestures.


♂ Aasimar Warpriest 4/Hierophant 2 HP: 43/47; AC: 19, T: 11, FF: 18; Fort: +7, Ref: +5, Will: +9, Perception: +12, Init: +3

SM: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"Perhaps you should have listened to the esteemed Caravan Master," Gio quips.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

Not really understanding what was going on between the caravan master and the captain, she just decides to follow the others lead andc throw her two copper in, "Yeah, why should someone of your obvious wisdom and experience have tuo take orders from some know it all that actually knows nothing? If you had been in charge, you and these men wouldn't haved to be out here fixing these wagons. It's just a damned shame." She says to the caravan master.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

Sorry, I hope that made sense. I'm pretty tired.


The guard once more slammed his club against the bars, nearly smashing one of the Halfling's hands, "That's enough out of you. Next time, I'll break'em."

Gio's honeyed words seems to have an effect on one or two of the men, as noted by their sidelong glances at the Captain.

The Caravan Master looked at Eri, and something in his eyes made her slightly confused. It was a look she'd never quite seen before. He quickly turned around and busied himself directing the repairs.

Sense Motive DC 15:
It would seem that the Caravan Master is empathetic towards the young woman.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

Do I notice though?: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

Lol. Oblivious as usual. How many guards are there and how are we chained up in this broken down cart? Just curious.

Confused by the look and clueless as to what it means she simply shrugs her shoulders and sighs, "Oh well, I guess you'll just have to keep taking orders from that halfwit. Too bad you can't be in charge of things. I'm sure you'd do a much better job than he is." She says a little more softly before getting quiet again while looking down at the ground with her hair covering her face.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

If you need any rolls for any of that or anything just let me know. I'll try to get around to it later. I'm really trying to get to sleep, but it's just not happening. I think Ravan would be better suited for this situation anyways. She's an expert at getting people to do what she wants them to do without them even realizing that she's doing it.


Male Halfling NE Unchained Rogue (Shadow Walker) 4, Stranger 2
Status:
Init: +8* /10| HP: 51/51 | AC: 21* /25 | FF: 10 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +11 | Will: +6* | Perception: +12* w/ 40ft Darkvision | Mythic Power (5/7) |

SM: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

"I see how it is. Bully the little guy and don't say nothin' to anyone else. Real brave big guy reeeal brave." The Halfling grumbles to himself.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

She looks at the halfling, "Don't take it too seriously. People that bully others are either just scared or unhappy themselves....or with their life. He's got a beef with mr. Cranky Captain know it all, so he's taking it out on you." She says, not even bothering to lower her voice.


After repairs are completed, troops make room in the troop wagon for rations, while riders headed back for repair supplies. Taking half of the troops and leaving the Caravan Master behind for him to oversee the rest of the repairs, you continue your journey towards prison.

Three nights later, you begin to notice the guards getting sluggish in their duties and more irritable from working extended shifts due to being short handed. Even the Captain’s attention was starting to slip as he has started to get too close to the cage on several occasions.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

Seeing the way the troops and Captain were acting she looks at the others in the wagon with her and says in a low voice that only they can hear, "If we could somehow get out of here, I'm pretty sure we could overpower them in their current condition. Any ideas?"


Female Human Sorceress 4/Archmage 2; HP: 27/27; AC: 15, T: 12; FF: 11; Fort: +3, Reflex: +6, Will: 7, Init: +10, Perception: +0

One of the downsides of seducing married knights was the danger of being poisoned by their wives. Ravanalonna was sure that was what happened, leaving her barely able to eat or drink, much less interact with her fellow prisoners.

Recovering, probably better than that b#%~~ had hoped, she sits up slowly, groaning at the stiffness of inactivity. "Might not be a bad idea."


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

How are we chained up in this wagon? Seperately, together with one chain running through shackles? I just want to know how we're secured.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

"We have to figure out a way to get loose first." She says quietly.


Wrists bound by manacles chained to a ring embedded in the floor. Separately.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

Hmmmm....Is the floor of this thing made out of wood?


Just because I'm curious what you have in mind, let's say yes.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

Well, I'm not really good at the whole strategy thing so it's only part of an idea. I don't think I'm strong enough even in beast form and raging to break thed manacles or chains, but I thought maybe I could break through the wood if all else failed? I was hoping we could get the guards to start fighting amongst themselves, and somehow lure the Captain over to us and somehow get the key from him....or something like that. I don't know, it's probably a stupid idea. Like I said, I'm not a tactician or critical thinker.


Male Halfling NE Unchained Rogue (Shadow Walker) 4, Stranger 2
Status:
Init: +8* /10| HP: 51/51 | AC: 21* /25 | FF: 10 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +11 | Will: +6* | Perception: +12* w/ 40ft Darkvision | Mythic Power (5/7) |

I might be able to slip out of the manacles but it'll take 20 min and I'll need someone's Aid. And we'll still be locked in the cage.

Do we piss in a bucket or do they let us out every now and then?


There's a hole towards the front of the wagon that allows you to relieve yourself while in the wagon. Does that make sense?


Male Halfling NE Unchained Rogue (Shadow Walker) 4, Stranger 2
Status:
Init: +8* /10| HP: 51/51 | AC: 21* /25 | FF: 10 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +11 | Will: +6* | Perception: +12* w/ 40ft Darkvision | Mythic Power (5/7) |

Outhouse with four wheels, or Porta Potty. Got it.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

I ain't got no fancy escape artist skills. It's gonna take something other than brute strength to get outta here. Sure, I might be able to bust open the bottom of the cage, but that would be stupid as it would create too much noise, and we can't fight with our hands bound even if we could get out. If there was some way we could get the keys, then the rest would bed pretty easy. It's gonna take someone a lot smarter than me to figure it out though.


Female Human Sorceress 4/Archmage 2; HP: 27/27; AC: 15, T: 12; FF: 11; Fort: +3, Reflex: +6, Will: 7, Init: +10, Perception: +0

"Has anyone observed who holds the keys?" Ravan asks.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

Nodding toward the tired and cranky Captain she says quietly, "I think the Captain of the cranky pants brigade would be holding them, but I don't know for sure. Let me see if I can get a better view from up front." Moving toward the front of the wagon, she pretends to use the hole while tryijng tho watch for who holds the keys.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Eri:
The Captain does indeed hold the keys. You also note which guards seem to be the most irritable.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

GmSCV:
Okay, I'm just trying to figure out how to use that information to our advantage. Also, so we're manacled to a ring on the floor, but we're able to move to thed front to use the toilet? So, there's slack in the chains then? Just trying to figure out the layout a xnd everything.

Going back to the others she nods, "Yup, it's the Captain. Also, those guards over there seem to be the most irritable. Maybe we could start a fight? Not sure how it might help, but at least it would be az distraction. Maybe if we're really lucky, a couple of em' will knock each other out." She says while pointing out the particularly irritated guards.


Eri:
Yep, just enough slack to allow to you get to the hole. Not really enough to be of any use, at the moment.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

Smirking at the thought of hopefully instgating a fight between the guards she says loudly enough for them to hear her, "I think that guard with the black hair was wrong, the blonde doesn't look like a pathetic weakling that likes wearing women's clothing. Why do you think he said that?" Eri asks of the two that look the most irritated of the bunch. She wasn't sure what would happen, but she thought if nothing else....at least it would be a little entertaining.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

GmScV:
*grins* We'll just have to see about that.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
♂ Aasimar Warpriest 4/Hierophant 2 HP: 43/47; AC: 19, T: 11, FF: 18; Fort: +7, Ref: +5, Will: +9, Perception: +12, Init: +3

Sometimes I wonder if not being a liar is a bad thing here...


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

1. I wouldn't know that about you. 2. It's gonna be very bad if you ruin our chances of getting out of here. If you don't want to lie, then keep your mouth shut.


Female Skinwalker Barbarian 4/Champion 2; HP: 60/65; AC: 17/18 (in beast form), T: 13; FF: 14; Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +1, Init: +7, Perception: +7

I told you I wasn't very good at this. I basically just blurted out the first thing that came into my head. If you don't want to go along with it, then fine. Just come up with something else. It is quite obvious that I'm not the brains of this outfit, so if you...or anyone else has a better idea I'm all for it. I still think trying tyo get them to turn on each other is a good idea. All I'm thinking about at this point is surviving.


Secret Squirrel:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The blonde guard turned towards the wagon, then looked at one of the other guards. Walking over to man he was looking at, the blonde guard punched him dead in the face. A scuffle soon broke out.

Well done Eri.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling NE Unchained Rogue (Shadow Walker) 4, Stranger 2
Status:
Init: +8* /10| HP: 51/51 | AC: 21* /25 | FF: 10 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +11 | Will: +6* | Perception: +12* w/ 40ft Darkvision | Mythic Power (5/7) |

Aleister is amazed that the obvious ploy worked so well and awaits his chance to snag the keys and do his thing.

Chance?:

Slight of Hand: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Aleister:
Not only did you manage to get the Captains keys, you did it without a soul noticing.

Rolls like that, I'm in trouble.

1 to 50 of 3,444 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Flames of the Wicked All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.