Feral's PFS Plunder and Peril (Inactive)

Game Master Feral

Mappage

The Crew

Inits:

[dice=Balooo]1d20[/dice]
[dice=Fahd]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Melina]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ushaka]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Zinkyudo]1d20+4[/dice]


751 to 800 of 1,215 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Stabilization check 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 2 - 4 = 15

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Zink curses himself for a fool, then slips his bow off his shoulder while stepping out from between the two massive sharks. He raises the bow and takes aim at the closest sharkman.

5-foot step out of flank, move action to draw bow, standard to shoot sharkman to west. Point Blank Master means I don't provoke.

Longbow attack, PBS, range: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 2 = 18
Longbow damage, PBS: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Finally in position Ushaka unloads on the vicious adaro.

Pointy End: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (3, 2) = 14

Bludgeoning end: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 2 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (3, 3) = 14 Halved to 7

Will hinder the Adaro attack (-2)

I think technically I might be able to choose piercing for both ends. I'm choosing bludgeoning for the second because I think it makes more sense though.


You cannot hinder him because he's down.

Another aqua-punch from Balooo is enough to knock the great white out and an arrow from Zinkyudo and a stab to the kidneys from Ushaka ends the beast's rider.

Melina puts a weighted crossbow bolt through the other adaro's shoulder but it doesn't prove to be an effective deterrent as it and its mount snaps at Balooo.

Shark vs Balooo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 6) + 10 = 21

Adaro vs Balooo: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
And, if it hits, make a DC 15 fort save or become paralyzed for a minute.

Anyone that was previously bitten by a shark bleeds for 1d6 ⇒ 4.

The party is up.

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

From GMing True Dragons 6 times, I've learned that the Unchained hinder is useless because the rogue can actually down foes reliably now .

Ushaka swims towards the remaining combat.

Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Balooo works on putting the other shark down.

Power Attack, Rage: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
1d6 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Power Attack, Rage: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
1d6 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


Effectiveness is a curse.

When Ushaka paddles closer the shark snaps at him viciously.

Shark vs Ushaka: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damage: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (4, 3) + 10 = 17

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

Melina quickly darts next to the fight, seconds after slinging her crossbow.

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

DM, will I continue taking bleed damage after stabilizing? I assume so, but just want to check before applying the damage and trying another stabilization check.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

I meant to write "dart next to Fahd". I don't think you can stabilize with bleed. I didn't realize you were bleeding or would have come earlier.

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

So adding the bleed damage is makes me at -8, and I'm not even going to roll a stabilization check, since it doesn't look like that will do me any good, unless I am not understanding something correctly.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

With the first shark and rider gone, Zink spins to face the others. Drawing on his inner strength, he looses a trio of arrows at the sharkman in a blur of bow and hands!

Flurry at shark-guy, using 1 ki point (2/7) to add an arrow to flurry.

Flurry with Longbow, PBS, range: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 2 = 20
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Flurry with Longbow, PBS, range: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 2 = 11
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Flurry with Longbow, PBS, range: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 2 = 25
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Zinkyudo's arrows prove to be more than the second sharkman can endure and he goes limp, sliding off his mount's back. With the adaros defeated, the great white shark swims off in pursuit of a meal that doesn't fight back quite as fiercely.

Bleed damage for this round: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Encounter over.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

Melina quickly pulls out a wand and applies it to Fahd. She then presses the "on" button.

10d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 6, 4, 6, 6, 4, 8, 1, 6, 2) + 10 = 61

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Balooo will get to work on healing himself as Fahd is being taken care of.

3d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 3, 7) + 3 = 20

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Zinkyudo is quite pleased to have contributed a bit more to this fight than the last couple. He keeps his bow in hand and scans his surroundings for any more submarine surprises.


Under Zinkyudo's watchful eye the party manages to heal without facing anymore aquatic threats.

The Saber's Kiss beckons.

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka whips out his wand and heals himself.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

before twirling it and putting it away.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Balooo will lead the exploration.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Descending down into the Kiss's dark hold, it becomes clear that this wreck has been at least partially picked over already.

The search comes to a halt when the party's progress looks to be blocked by a partially collapsed passageway leading to the captain's quarters. As soon as efforts begin to clear the debris, the spectral figure of a young Garundi man in classic sailor's garb appears. Though there's no sound to accompany it, he appears to be pantomiming being involved in some kind of battle. Suddenly he shrieks and falls to the ground as his face seems to partially melt away.

He falls to the ground 'dying' but still manages to repeat his last words. "No, not yet. I never got to tell her I loved her...".

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Religion?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Local?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Anyway to recognize him?


He doesn't seem familiar in any way.

Balooo isn't sure what this spirit is but he's confident it's some kind of undead.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

"Lets find his last words to give to his lady love, before he gets too grumpy. The dead do tend to be short tempered sorts, from my experience."

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Zinkyudo studies the restless spirit, trying to sort out what it is, while he asks Melina, "You know something about everything, right? What is this thing? Does it just want to make us sad, or will it do us harm?"

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

religion: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

"Thanks for the healing, Melina. I really hate the pirate life. I've never been eaten by a shark before! After this mission is over, I'm going to be Feet on solid ground Fahd! This is for the birds!"

As the group heads toward the Captain's quarters, he waits for the others to deal with the spectral figure. Maybe they could talk their way around this undead. fahd wasn't sure he wanted to fight anymore for the time being anyway....


Zinkyudo recognizes this tragic figure as a ghost!

What things do you want to know?

The party's chatter seems to trigger the ghost and he quickly climbs to his feet. Pits of baleful light appear where eyes should be on his melted face and it glares at the party with bitter jealousy.

"It's not fair... I NEVER GOT TO TELL HER!" he wails as the wreck begins to rock violently.

Balooo: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Fahd: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Melina: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Ushaka: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Zinkyudo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Ghost: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Perception 15:
The rocking of the ship and the faint sound of battle cries suggest that a haunt is about to manifest!

The party is up. I'll get the map up in a minute.

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Fahd pulls his oil of Bless Weapon, takes the cap off, plunks his hand over the top and turns it upside down. He pulls his hand back slowly, so that the oil coats his entire right hand.

Move action to pull Oil of Bless Weapon , and stnadard action to apply it.

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka will twirll out his wand and ready to cure the ghost with it if it gets too close.

Touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
'Damage': 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"There is a haunt here! Be wary!"

Balooo will martial flexibility for aquatic combatant and will inspire rage! +2 str/+4 con, +1 Will, -1 AC

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Special defenses, special attacks?

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Zink calls out, "It's a ghost!" then looks around in alarm, shouting, "Wary how? What do we do, Balooo?"

Looking down at himself, he says, "Crumbs, I forgot to ask Melina to tap me with my armor wand - again!"

He moves toward the ship's rail, positioning himself in the line of battle with his companions, and prepares to loose an arrow as soon as the thing comes close.

Move action to move, then ready to shoot it when it's 10' away. Bow is magic, so will do some damage.

Longbow attack, PBS, underwater range: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 4 = 23
Longbow damage, PBS: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Standard undead/incorporeal immunities and channel resistance. Zinkyudo is also aware that ghosts have a dangerous corrupting touch and ones that died while enduring torture or some form of physical deformity often have a corrupting gaze as well that inflicts charisma damage.

Melina is up.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"I don't know, but moving might be best."

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

Melina retreats as best she can from the ghost, pulling and applying her own blessed oil to her bolts.

How long since the last fight? If > ~3 minutes, swim: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17


It hasn't been more than a couple minutes. If you're trying to step outside the hold you went the wrong direction. The hole you swam in through is on the southern side.

The ghost drifts effortlessly through the water. Its glowing eyes drift across the party, lingering on Balooo just a little longer than everyone else. Those that meet the spirit's baleful gaze are wracked with pain as blistering sores open across their body.

Everyone within 30 feet that can see the ghost (which I believe is everyone but Fahd) takes 2d10 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6 damage and need to make a DC 15 fortitude save or take 1d4 ⇒ 4 charisma damage. Balooo gets affected by the gaze a second time for 2d10 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11 damage and potentially 1d4 ⇒ 4 charisma damage. From this turn on let me know if you're closing your eyes, averting your gaze, or keeping your eyes fully open.

The entire ship shakes even more violently and the water within the wreck begins to roil and swirl. The swim checks to move around are now DC 20.

Target: 1d5 ⇒ 1

The violent swirling waters threaten to batter and trap Balooo!

Make a DC 14 reflex save. If you succeed, you're done. If you fail you take 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6 nonlethal damage and need to make a second DC 14 reflex save. If you fail that one you're trapped in place by the powerful swirling waters. You can attempt the same reflex save during your turn to escape.

The party is up.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

3d20 ⇒ (10, 19, 13) = 42

Balooo keeps his eyes open.

Swim: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

He then punches it.

Rage, Power Attack, Charge: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
1d6 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

Ah, OK. We're in the wreck, not above it.

Melina does what she can, taking a shot at the ghost with her bolt.

fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
flex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Ushaka closes his eyes and swims forward.

"I ain't scared o' no ghost!"

Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Ushaka does not make any progress in the turbulent water though.

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Fahd also tries to move forward and help his allies against the ghost.

Swim check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

He is unable to make any headway against the roiling water.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Zinkyudo feels the ghost's gaze scrape his soul, but he manages to avoid the worst of its effects. He swims forward through the hold, getting a better line on the ghost, then turns and looses an arrow at it!

Move action to swim forward (with Touch of the Sea), standard to shoot at ghost.

Swim: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

Longbow attack, PBS, range: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 4 = 18
Longbow damage, PBS: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Status: 23/29 hp

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

Feral:
The thrashing water is a haunt? Can I wand it?


Melina:
Yes and sure.

Melina and Zinkyudo's projectiles and Balooo's fists all tear bits and pieces from the ghost's spectral form.

Finding the skald adjacent to him, the unhappy spirit reaches out with a ghostly hand.

Touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage (fort 15 for half): 6d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 1, 6, 5, 3) = 25

Balooo, Melina, and Zinkyudo take 2d10 ⇒ (10, 5) = 15 damage and need to make a DC 15 fortitude save or take 1d4 ⇒ 1 charisma damage.

Target: 1d5 ⇒ 5

The violent swirling waters suddenly turn on Zinkyudo!

Make a DC 14 reflex save. If you succeed, you're done. If you fail you take 2d6 nonlethal damage and need to make a second DC 14 reflex save. If you fail that one you're trapped in place by the powerful swirling waters. You can attempt the same reflex save during your turn to escape.

The party is up.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

2d20 ⇒ (14, 18) = 32

Balooo will draw his wand and heal himself.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

Melina closes her eyes, pulls a wand, and attemps to attack the haunt itself.

fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
wand touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Zinkyudo squawks in agony as the ghost's painful gaze tears through him, and he gets another opportunity to curse himself for a fool! He closes his eyes, allowing himself a moment to contemplate his ki and protect himself from the ghost's haunting look, then raises his bow and looses an arrow before moving away from the undead horror, keeping his gaze toward the back of the ship, managing to move in spite of the waters buffeting him.

As he gets near Melina, he says, "Any chance you could use that wand on me too?"

Close eyes, standard action to attack (not sure if I need to close my eyes before I attack, since I already got hit with the gaze attack this round, but I'll include a miss chance roll just in case), move action to get some distance, keeping my eyes well away from the ghost (equivalent to closing my eyes).

Longbow attack, PBS, Range: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 11 - 4 = 17
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
50% miss chance, low is good: 1d100 ⇒ 46

Sorry to run away, y'all, but one more gaze attack, or one of the ghost's touch attacks, and I'm dead.

Status: 8/29 hp, -1 Cha

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Swim 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Floundering Fahd curses loudly. "Lure the damned thing back to me, so I can help attack it! My fist will work wonders on it, if I can get a swing in!"

Unfortunately, Fahd couldn't advance any further.

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka hopes this isn't his only chance to swim as he peeks his eyes open and swims to Zuiny
Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

before jabbing the wand into one of his wings.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Averting Eyes


The water within the wreck steams as Melina discharges her wand into the haunt and the ghost lunges for Balooo a second time.

Ushaka Averting: 1d100 ⇒ 82

Touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage (fort 15 for half): 6d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 4, 2, 4, 5) = 17

Balooo takes 2d10 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8 damage and need to make a DC 15 fortitude save or take 1d4 ⇒ 4 charisma damage.

Target: 1d5 ⇒ 5

The violent swirling waters continues to harass Zinkyudo.

Make a DC 14 reflex save. If you succeed, you're done. If you fail you take 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6 nonlethal damage and need to make a second DC 14 reflex save. If you fail that one you're trapped in place by the powerful swirling waters. You can attempt the same reflex save during your turn to escape.

Suddenly the translucent image of a dragon's head pokes in through the hole in the southern side of the hull. It narrows its gaze on the ghost and takes a deep breath...

The party is up.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

2d20 ⇒ (10, 13) = 23

Swim: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Balooo will withdraw away from the ghost, eyes closed.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

"Thanks, Ushaka," Zink says, "that feels a bit better." He swims partway across the hold, carefully not looking in the direction of the ghost. As a result, it takes him a moment to notice the ghostly dragon head, which elicits a startled "Aaahh! Dragon ghost!" He notes that the dragon is looking in the direction of the ghost, so he decides it's not about to eat him, and he might as well shoot an arrow at the scary undead thing.

Move action to get in position, standard to attack without looking in ghost's direction, no action to hope giant translucent dragon head ignores him.

Longbow attack, PBS, range: 1d20 + 11 - 8 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 8 = 22
Longbow damage, PBS: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Miss chance, low is good: 1d100 ⇒ 60 Miss

Status: 10/29 hp, -1 Cha

751 to 800 of 1,215 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Feral's PFS Plunder and Peril All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.