Feral's PFS Plunder and Peril (Inactive)

Game Master Feral

Mappage

The Crew

Inits:

[dice=Balooo]1d20[/dice]
[dice=Fahd]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Melina]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ushaka]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Zinkyudo]1d20+4[/dice]


1 to 50 of 1,215 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Gameplay happens here.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Sea-Bear Dot.

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka (Oo-shah-ka) Is a tall, older Mwangi man with a lithe frame who is covered from head to toe in tattoos and scars.

Ushaka wears loose sailor's clothes with a prominent leaf broach on his shirt. He is clearly at home on the seas and and occasionally rests on his taiaha.

Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen Bearbarian 15

"Is this the lot of 'em?" a hulking minotaur sporting an eye-patch and a shiny silver bullring pierced through his septum. "Cause most of 'em look like they've never stepped foot on a ship. You're gunna have a hard time passin' 'em off as pirates." The minotaur pauses to examine the party a second time while adjusting the red bandanna wrapped tightly around the top of his bovine skull. "They seem like good enough sods. If they get made and keelhauled, that won't be on me."

"They're experienced Pathfinders", Venture Captain Stormeye explains. "I'm confident they can handle whatever challenges the Shackles has to throw their way."

The venture captain adjusts his dragonscale armor for the untold time since the party arrived. Despite the masterful craftsmanship of the armor, it's clear the grizzled ulfen is uncomfortable wearing it.

"Pathfinders, this is Bjorkus, Captain of the pirate vessel, the Raging Storm. He's come to the Society with a lead on a Numerian artifact that went missing a generation ago. It's previous holder, a pirate captain known as Jemma Redclaw, built a fearsome reputation for herself around it only to vanish without a trace more than a decade ago. The Society believed she'd died launching a coup against the Hurricane King and that this artifact was lost among his hoards but, today, rumor has it Jemma Redclaw's secret treasure might have been discovered and this artifact might be among it."

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"I can handle myself at sea, bull." There was a little feeling of awe as Balooo met the reclusive and infamous Gallard. He heard tales of the great Venture Bear who slew dragons and demons single clawedly. "What kind of artifact?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen Bearbarian 15

"If her pirate name is to believed it's some kind of robotic arm or claw. Our own information is unclear on the matter and, believe it or not, pirates aren't the best at keeping records and the tales they tell are often more fantasy than fact."

The giant bull-man snorts in offense but holds his tongue.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

A red skinned tiefling woman - dainty horn topping her fearsome visage flicks her tail back and forth lazily - the heat of the tropics does not seem to bother her, despite the heavy garments and many potions and philters hanging from loops and belts on her body.

"Greetings, sir. I am Melina, a crafter of brews that are true... that is, an alchemist. I admit my experience with the beautiful and tempestuous sea are limited, but history and lore are something I know a good deal about. I cannot help but wonder if her title is somehow related to the artifact in question."

The tiefling ponders, curious if she might have read some scrap of lore on the matter in the archives of the society.

knowledge checks:

arcana on the artifact: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33
history on the artifact: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19
history on redclaw: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
local on redclaw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Appropriate Knowledge: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Appropriate Knowledge: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Appropriate Knowledge: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Appropriate Knowledge: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Balooo also ponders if he has heard any tales, maybe ones during card games.


Melina:
Jemma Redclaw was the fearless pirate captain of the Fearsome Tide, known for striking from her hidden base near Brightglass Island. She was so fierce that she was believed to collect protection money from dragons and krakens.

Jemma's red claw was a powerful artificial limb, either clockwork or robotic in make, that was said to be strong enough to tear a man in half.

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka assumes the talk about land lubbers must be about his other companions and wastes no time talking with Bjorkus

"Alright, what sort of lead do we have on the treasure?"

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

"Captain Bjorkus, my initial investigations suggest that Redclaw's base of operations was was Brightglass Island. If we have no better lead, we could start our investigations near there."

geography Brightglass island: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Just time for a quick dot, in the cause of order and civilization.

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Dot. Proper post to come later!

Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen Bearbarian 15

Impressed by Melina's knowledge, the bull snorts and gives her a nod.

"Redclaw was believed to have a hideout somewhere near Brightglass alright but that isle and her sisters are covered with all sorts of rocky growths. There's a lot of places to hide out there. You could spend a lifetime combin' through all of 'em and you still might miss it."

"Captain Bjorkus's lead is a long shot but it's the best we've ever had on this artifact", Venture Captain Stormeye explains. "Captain Vaross Lanteri, wife of the late Warvil Lanteri, is believed to be in possession of a key that's said to provide access to Jemma Redclaw's lost treasure. If Redclaw's still alive there's a chance she's holed up with her treasure hoard. If not, hopefully something in it might tell us where to find her."

"But it won't be as easy as askin' her", the minotaur rumbles. "Pirates are private when it comes to treasure, double so when it comes to those with a reputation for bein' treasure-fiends in their own right."

This time it's the venture captain's turn to share an offended glance with Captain Bjorkus.

"The task's further complicated by the fact that plenty of pirates in the area are known allies with the Aspis. That means this is going to be deep cover mission. You've got to pass yourselves as pirates and earn Captain Lanteri's trust long enough to find Jemma Redclaw's lost treasure or at least secure our next lead on the artifact. It's important you don't reveal yourselves as Pathfinders. If you're made there's a chance the Aspis will increase their presence in the area making getting our hands on the artifact much more difficult."

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"And where do we find Lanteri?"

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka nods at the explinations and nods to Balooo "I think we can get this lot ship shape in no time. Once we do, with Gozreh's blessing, gettin' that key for us'll only be a matter of time"

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

"If she lives, I imagine Miss Redclaw will be disinclined to be parted from her appendage" Melina idly observes while studying her nails.

Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen Bearbarian 15

"Maybe we can arrange a trade", the venture captain says. "In any case, I trust the lot of you to figure something out."

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

"I'm not a pirate by trade, but I'm able to swim a bit. I can scrub a deck and all, but I'm certainly no pro. I'm much better at smacking Apsis members in he face," the human grins. He was lightly armored and didn't carry much in the way of weapons. He had a few of those nifty vials at his belt that the tiefling had been loaded down with, though.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Zinkyudo listens in growing horror as the rest of the Pathfinders discuss their mission with Stormeye. What have I been tasked with now? I'm to masquerade as a pirate? He is a somewhat peculiar figure, with large amber eyes which take in everything around him. A slender young man of average height, he has a smallish set of wings sprouting from his back, covered in feathers of a dusty brown, and a beautifully crafted bow hangs over one shoulder.

He holds his head completely still, then moves it quickly, like a bird of prey scanning for a meal. This predatory aspect is reinforced by his hooked nose, like the beak of a desert hawk. The avian hunter look, however, is undone the moment he speaks. ”Pirates?!” he almost squawks, "I'm not only to associate with pirates, but to be taken for one?"

He goes quiet a moment, calming himself, You've committed yourself to spreading the virtues of civilization. Where else could such a service be more valuable than amidst a band of pirates? You must face this! And there's treasure to be had - money and trade are such civilizing forces.

Clearing his throat and speaking with more gravity, he says, "I have recently passed myself off as an Aspis agent, I expect I can pass as a pirate if I must. So where is it that we start, with this Captain Lanteri and his key?"

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

"Her, Garuda, not him. Vaross, wife of the late Warvil Lanteri."

knowledges?:

local on the Lanteris: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

"Ah, yes," Zinkyudo replies, his nose wrinkled up in distaste, "it's a woman pirate, how could I have missed that?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen Bearbarian 15

"Shortly after takin' command of the Magpie Princess in the wake of her husband's death, Captain Varossa faced a mutiny. She put the rebellion down but she was left with a skeleton crew. Based on the last sighting of the Princess, she's headed to Lilywhite to resupply and hire on new deckhands. That's where you'll make your move", Captain Bjorkus explains. "I'd put men in place myself since I owe the old bear here a favor but my crew are well known in those parts. She'd make one of mine in a second and there's no way she'd risk havin' a known member of another established pirate crew on her ship after facin' one bloody mutiny."

"We've got to act quickly", Venture Captain Stormeye adds. "So you'll be traveling via the Hao Jin tapestry. You've got an hour to make whatever preparations you need and then you're headed to Lilywhite."

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

"The shackles is nothing if not egalitarian. Only the finest scum rise to the top, regardless of their origins or mistakes of birth. There is even a place for outsiders like us, I imagine."

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

"And what is Lilywhite?" Zinkyudo asks, struggling to keep his expression neutral. "From the name, I expect it's a very pleasant place."

Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen Bearbarian 15

"The Shackles is free", the bull minotaur rumbles in correction. "There's a reason why new souls find there way there everyday, lookin' to start something new. Anyone can become anything there, regardless of birth or station."

"Lilywhite is a small town built up to support a community of fisherman that ultimately became a pirate trading hub. Normally it's a fairly quiet place but with Rum Punch underway I expect you'll find the town hosting more than one pirate crew", the grizzled venture captain explains.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Balooo lets out a chuckle at the bird-man's assumption. "More likely the opposite. Perfect. What's Rum Punch?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen Bearbarian 15

"Right after booty and whores, rum's a pirate's best friend. Rum Punch is a Cayden festival heavily celebrated in Lilywhite. There'll be parades and all sorts of contests", the minotaur explains.

"Participating in the festivities would be a good way to build yourself a bit of a rep in the short time you'll be there", Venture Captain Stormeye suggests. "Devout pirates usually say prayers to Besmara but Cayden, Calistra, and Gozreh are common patrons too."

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"Won't be a problem for me."

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka speaks "I've not drunk in this port before but I've drunk and whored my way through plenty other. Freedom of the Shackles is what let me escape slavery and eventually join the Pathfinders, helps give me meanin' to the plunder."

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Fahd was packed and ready. "Drinking as part of my mission? This sounds like the greatest assignment in the history of the Society!"

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

"I'll try not to burn anyone out of annoyance. The drunk are so... dull."

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Zinkyudo grits his teeth, "I will do what I must."

He glances at the others in the small chamber. It seems I may have found fertile ground for the seeds of civilization right here among my fellow Pathfinders...or at least unplowed ground, never before planted with anything resembling a seed of civilization.

Hearing Melina's reaction, however, he gives her a small, hopeful nod.


Shall I assume nobody needs to do any kind of preparation?

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Just the purchase note in discussion, Ushaka is already a pirate!

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

No money so no preparations.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

As set as I'm going to be.


A short jaunt through the Hao Jin tapestry later, the party finds themselves outside the island fishing village turned pirate hub of Lilywhite.

The town curves along the shoreline of Motaku Isle, spreading across bridges to a few small islands sitting in the deep-blue bay. Small, well-made wooden buildings ring the harbor. Festive flower and palm-frond garlands hang from various buildings, bridges, and statues. Vessels of varying shapes and sizes jam nearly all the town’s long piers, and the great number of ocean-going ships lying at anchor render the outer harbor nearly impassible. Throngs of revelers, many wearing masks, carouse through the town while singing and drinking from frothing tankards.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16
Zinkyudo wrote:
As set as I'm going to be.

A slight change to my answer: anyone want to go in on a Disguise Kit? It's 50 gp, might apply here.


Fibber!

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

I'll just buy one since I have the 50 gold.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16
DM Feral wrote:
Fibber!

How dare you, sir?! A pirate I may be, but a fibber? You go too far!

That's some serious Disguise that Zinky can pull off, no?


After applying your eyeliner and costume eye patches, shall I assume you guys are heading into town?

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Yea.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

There's still a nice peg-leg in the disguise kit, who wants it?


Balooo and Zinkyudo's clever disguises help but without the pirate's signature swagger or at least a drink in hand, the party, minus Ushaka, still stands out somewhat.

Not long after entering Lilywhite, the party is intercepted by a tall Mwangi man with close-cropped graying hair wearing a large orange mask that depicts a laughing man’s face.

“Welcome to the town of Lilywhite, favored home of the Lucky Drunk!" the masked man offers in a cheerful and boiterous voice. "You find us in the midst of our annual Rum Punch Festival — a truly blessed time for all! If there is any way that I can help you, please let me know. Are you new to Lilywhite?”

Religion 10:
The mask represents Cayde Cailean.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Religion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"Yea, just get me a drink."

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka responds quickly, hoping to minimize the chances of any of his companions sticking their feet in their mouths.

"Aye, we're in town for the festival, do you know where we might best remedy these parched lips?"

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Knowledge (religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

"Ah, the mask of Cayden Cailean!" Zinkyudo exclaims, trying with limited success to sound natural and enthusiastic about the Drunken God. "Is the festival just a reason to drink, or is there more to the celebration?"

I'd guess there's some fighting involved as well, given the name, but perhaps this good fellow will surprise me, and it won't be quite so predictable as that.


"Of course! We can't have visitors in town walking around with a thirst. Follow me friends. Cayden's temple is right this way."

"Isn't rum itself reason enough for celebration? It's a simple humble elixir that warms the belly, lifts the spirit, and brings people together. Some would call it a miracle. If you're asking if Rum Punch commemorates a special moment in history, that's for scholars to debate. Some says this was the week the Lucky Drunk decided to take the test of the Starstone. Others believe it's the first time he tricked Calistra into sharing a kiss with him. The why isn't too important here in Lilywhite."

The greeter removes his mask briefly revealing a charming pearly white smile and offers the party a slight bow. "Anyabwile Saabwa by the by. And who do I have the pleasure of showing around town?"

1 to 50 of 1,215 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Feral's PFS Plunder and Peril All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.