Feral's PFS Plunder and Peril (Inactive)

Game Master Feral

Mappage

The Crew

Inits:

[dice=Balooo]1d20[/dice]
[dice=Fahd]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Melina]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ushaka]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Zinkyudo]1d20+4[/dice]


901 to 950 of 1,215 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Fahd moves to engage the closest sea cat. "Leave them alone, kitty! Feline Hunter Fahd's going to make you wish you'd have listened!"

Mutagen attack with Raging song 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 18

Damage 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 14


Melina's bomb finishes off the one that Zinkyudo previously filled with arrows and Fahd whacks the other across the snout.

Ushaka is up.

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka will double move around to the backside of Fahd's dancing partner.


The remaining sea cat tears at Fahd.

Claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Wow, poor Fahd. =(

Rend: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The party is up.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Balooo will move up and throws some beach sand to blind the seacat while in the flank.

Rage, Flank, Improved Dirty Trick: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 + 4 + 2 = 31


The sea cat yowls in frustration as Balooo's handful of sand hits it in the face.

Blinded for... the rest of its life.

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

"Bad kitty," Fahd coughs, again covered in blood. Fahd swings twice at the cat.

Mutagen Raging Attack 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 13
Damage 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 11

Attack 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 15
Damage 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 16

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Zinkyudo's mind reels as the universe inflicts unexpected harm on him, just for calculating the distance to his target! He draws on his inner reserves, however, and lets fly with a pair of arrows that strike the sea cat!

Flurry with Longbow, PBS, DA: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 1 = 27
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

Flurry with Longbow, PBS, DA: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 1 = 18
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka tears into the blinded and flanked aquakitty.

Pointy End: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (2, 5) = 17

Smashy End: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (6, 5) = 14

Smash Confirm: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Bonus damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 = 11

25 total damage


Zinkyudo has no trouble hitting the crippled sea cat and Ushaka quickly finishes it off with his exotic weapon.

The blue-skinned woman urges her mount to the edge of the lagoon and begins coaxing the frightening hippocampus back toward the water. "Thank you so much! It's okay Nula, those things can't hurt you anymore. Come on, back into the water."

A minute later, the aquatic beast slips into the water and the woman visibly breathes easier. "That could have easily gone much worse. I don't know if I could handle losing another one."

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"Another one? What happened to the first?"


The woman tosses a seaweed pouch at Balooo's feet. Inside are several big shiny pearls.

"A powerful water fey arrived on the island a few months ago. I caught her stealing a couple of my hippocampus from the waters around the island recently so I started moving them into this lagoon."

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka takes a moment to clean the guys off his weapon.

"Any clue as to its name or purpose for being here?"

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Balooo pockets the pouch. "What kind of water fey? Why would she need to steal your pets?"


The woman shrugs at Balooo and Ushaka's questions. "I don't know and I don't much care. I just don't like the idea of people taking what's mine."

She begins to circle the water on her mount. "The name's Jenesara by the way. Thanks again. If you ever need a hand, you know where to find me."

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"I am Balooo. Understood."

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Fahd pulls out his wand of curing, and again asks fro help from his mates. "Don't mention it, sister. That's sort of what we do. I wish we could do it with a little less blood loss, though."

CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

Melina clears her throat. "I don't suppose one of you gentlemen would care to catch me if I fall down this curst slope? No? Ah a pirate's life for me..."

She scrambles down as best she can.

climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
swim: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

After some flailing she doggy paddles across the bay.

Take 10 for 9

Once she gets across, she towls herself off and turns toward the blue skinned woman Undine?

"Ah, you haven't seen part of a horn lying about? A human male would have left it here some time ago."

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

With the cats dispatched, Zink descends the rocky slope and joins his companions, hoping they'll learn a bit about the fey creatures of the island. He gives the blue woman a nod in greeting, then listens to hear her answers to the various questions thrown at her.


Melina recognizes the woman as a triton.

"A horn lying about? I don't think so and there hasn't been a human on this island for years."

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"Where does this fey reside?"


"I'm not sure. I think someplace off the coast. Why do you ask? Did she steal from you too?"

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"No but I think she might have something we need."


"Oh, well good luck. From what I've seen she's pretty powerful."

The party was told the last piece of the artifact was hidden in the monastery.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Zink considers what the captain told them before they set out and calls out to the woman, "You don't happen to know where the monastery is on this island, do you? Big building, maybe some gardens, probably makes beer? Or made it, I guess. I don't know if anyone lives there now."


Jenesara turns on her mount and points at a crumbling structure visible high atop a cliff to the southwest. "I assume that's what you're looking for. It's the only building on the island but unless you can fly or you're a really strong climber you'll have to take the long route through the jungle and that's lizardfolk territory. I've heard they can be negotiated with but I've never had a reason to. They control most of the jungle except the areas the pechs patrol."

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Zink flaps his undersized wings in frustration at hearing that flying to the monastery would save them all sorts of trouble. "Okay, there's lizardfolk, and we just might be able to talk with them. But what's a pech?"

He looks at his crewmates with a puzzled expression and shrugs, clearly asking, Pech? Anyone?


"They're earth-fey", Jenesara explains. "I'm afraid I don't know much about them beyond that."

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

"I read somewhere that Pech aren't terribly independent minded. No surprise they're under control of another entity. I wonder if she is a nixie or a nereid."

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Fahd cracked his knuckles. "Let's get up there. Time is wasting on my mutagen here."

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"We'll find out." We go!


North of the lagoon's beach, a series of gray stones marks a rough path through the jungle. Though sections are partially overgrown and moss covers many of the marker stones, the path is free of larger obstructions. The more saavy in the party determine that someone must maintain this trail other the jungle would have swallowed this path long ago.

1d100 ⇒ 57

After several minutes of traversing the jungle, the trail intersects a wide gorge carved by a stream, a rope suspension bridge crosses the gorge, supported at each end by carved stones.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Balooo eyes the bridge warily and the surrounding area. Bridges were excellent spots for ambushes.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

He then leads the way across the bridge. Be careful. That is a long way down."


Disregard that bit about pechs. It's actually kech that live on this island.

2d20 ⇒ (4, 11) = 15

As Balooo leans over the ledge, he spots what looks a hairless simian clinging to the rocks. It looks up at the Ulfen with hatred in its eyes but, realizing he's been spotted, flees down the cliff and is joined by another midway down.

Encounter over!

With the potential ambush foiled, the party is free to carefully cross the perilous bridge.

After traveling a bit further south, the party finds their way barred by four brawny lizardfolk warriors. They're armed with crude spears but they don't immediately brandish them at the party.

One of them steps forward and speaks in a tongue Melina recognizes (draconic).

"Outsiders! You should go no further. Treacherous kech patrol this part of the jungle. Return with us to our village. Our leader will want to meet you."

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

"Nicely done, Balooo," Zink comments after the burly man chases away the potential ambushers, "it's a good thing you're big and scary."

When they reach the lizardfolk sentries, Zink studies them carefully for any signs of deceit, content to leave the talking to the others.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

"Sorry Scales, but we are in a bit of a time crunch. We have business ahead that simply won't wait. We don't mean to come off as unappreciative for your offer, though."

Diplomacy 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3


Zinkyudo gets the sense that the reptilian warriors may not be hostile but they aren't willing to let the party advance any further either.

The lizardfolk look to Fahd with confusion. It's clear they don't understand a word he's saying.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

"Uh, gang?" Zink relays to his companions, "these guys don't necessarily want to fight us, but they're not going to let us pass. I guess we should go meet their leader, beats fighting them all."

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"Fine. Let them lead."

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

"They seem perfectly friendly to me. Oh... I do hope they don't have a taste for birds though! I wouldn't want anything to happen to you my dear Zinkyudo" Melina looks absolutely stricken by the thought.

(Draconic)"Oh yes we'll come along. Lead on" Melina replies.


With the lizardfolk warriors as their guide, the party has little trouble traversing even the most dense thatches of jungle. After a few minutes they emerge into a small clearing with treetop platforms overhead - the lizardfolk's dwellings no doubt.

They're greeted by a huge powerfully built lizard scion who the lizardfolk warriors quickly kneel before. One looks up long enough to address the party in broken common. "Krentak. Mighty warchief."

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"Well met Mighty Warchief."


Satisfied with Balooo's greeting the huge lizardfolk nods.

"It's been many seasons since a soft-skinned human visited our jungle. Are you friends of Warvil? Is he well?" the warchief says in surprisingly good Taldane.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"No, but his wife has sent us to retrieve something that he left here on the island. A piece of an artifact."

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Zink gives Melina a startled look and asks, "A taste for birds? Do lizardfolk really...never mind." He seems to have dismissed the notion, but he does maintain a careful distance from their escorts as they make their way to the village.

Once in the presence of Krentak, Zinkyudo's attention is divided between his study of the chieftain and scanning their surroundings for anything of note, particularly evidence that they eat large birds.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Zinkyudo spots several primitive totems that include feathers and avian bones. The lizardfolk themselves don't seem to be looking at him with hunger necessarily.

"Wiiiiiiffe", Krentak says as he sounds the word out, pondering its meaning. "Ah, lifemate! Friends of Warvil's wife is friend of our tribe. Welcome! Welcome!"

The huge lizardfolk gestures and several others rush forward with platters full of dried meats (of unknown origin), nuts, and shells filled with coconut water. "Eat. Drink. The jungle is hard on soft-skinned humans. You will need all your strength."

"What is this about artifact? Warvil told us many things. He taught Krentak the human tongue. He told us nothing about an artifact."

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka is the hungry sort and indulges. I wonder what sort of hair brained quest they'll send us on before helping Ushaka thinks between bites.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Balooo will tried the meats and drink the sweet water. "Yes, it is in a monastery here. A piece of a horn. I'm told there is an evil fey about. Do you know of her?"

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

"Yes a horn. You give it a little bit of air at the end and it makes a sound; well, you don't really have the lips for it, but you get the idea."

(Draconic)"Excellent giant cockroach you've got here.". Mel crunches as she ponders. "I think she might br a nereid or nixie. Is there a hidden way to the monastery?"

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Fahd wasn't sure about eating and drinking the provided items. He waited to be sure the others suffered no undue effects before he followed suit, not wanting to appear rude to the lizards.

901 to 950 of 1,215 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Feral's PFS Plunder and Peril All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.