Feral's PFS Plunder and Peril (Inactive)

Game Master Feral

Mappage

The Crew

Inits:

[dice=Balooo]1d20[/dice]
[dice=Fahd]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Melina]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ushaka]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Zinkyudo]1d20+4[/dice]


651 to 700 of 1,215 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

To Balooo's surprise the peg leg is hollow! Inside is a rolled up folio, an arcane rod, and a hollowed out ram's horn with holes drilled in it.

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka thinks outloud

"What are the odds multiple pirates with hollow peg legs are stored on this island... Either way lets examine the stuff before we bring it back."

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"The same odds of being attacked by some ogre crab."

Spellcraft on Folio: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Spellcraft on Rod: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Spellcraft on Ram's Horn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

"Wow, thanks to you all. That bastard had me dead to rights. I have to be careful, I went through another one of those magic aegises. As soon as we get more gold, and to a civilized place, I have to buy another one, as it seems to be the only thing keeping me alive!"

If it's okay, DM, I'd like to keep the aegis info in my header since I don't want to have to type it all again. Obviously I no longer have one and will not apply any of the benefits until I have a chance to buy a new one.


Balooo has no clue what the folio is or does but the rod appears to be an immovable rod and the horn glows with powerful magic but does nothing on its own. It appears to be part of a larger item.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Zinkyudo is pleased that the peg leg they've found seems to be the right one, and is quite relieved that Fahd is okay. "This pirating gig is dangerous, eh, Fahd?" he asks. He ponders a moment, then adds, "I was thinking of saying that there has to be a safer way to earn a living, but that would sound a bit silly coming from a Pathfinder."

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

"I thought knowing how to swim would be enough...clearly I was wrong about that! These seafaring beasts are tougher than any two Apsis member I've ever faced! Any at thanks for the support and the healing."

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"I've faced similar challenges before, but this beast was fairly fearsome. Let's head back to the ship."

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

"Well, I thought it was a theraputic experience." the tiefling says very quietly.

She pulls a wand of identify and takes a look at the folio. the Craft: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27


It turns out the folio is actually a slightly waterlogged spellbook.

It's a Tome of the Transmuter preconstructed spellbook without the lock.

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka comforts Fahd
"Happens to the best of us. We should be getting back though."


Returning to the rocky shoreline, the party finds that none of the other teams found anything of interest. When the piece of horn is revealed, the party is hailed as heroes of the day!

"Nicely done", Captain Lanteri offers when the party climbs aboard the Magpie Princess again. "I trust it wasn't too much trouble?"

Once everyone is accounted for, the crew weighs anchor and the ship quickly begins moving away from Blackwarn's Gallows.

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka responds sarcastically "Just a troll sized crab and it's spawn, without a ship to endanger Melina blew it up."

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"Ushaka has it right. Fahd might ask for hazard pay, but we were fine."


"Good. Hopefully she got it out of her system", the Captain replies with a smirk.

***

Everyone otherwise has another chance to mingle with the crew.

***

Later that day, as the sun's beginning to set, a commotion can be heard on the deck.

"Dozing while you're on the watch! I should flay you for this", Horemheb shouts at one of the deck hands. "Your little nap put this whole crew at risk. What if another siren had attacked? Or worse?"

The crewman squirms, realizing he's in deep trouble. "Come on Horemheb, cut a guy some slack. Nothing bad happened. No harm, no foul, right?"

1d5 ⇒ 2

Fuming, the Master-at-arms turns to Fahd. "Newblood, what do you think this slacker's punishment should be?"

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Balooo will try to make friends with the quartermaster.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

----------------------------

Balooo watches as the incompetent Horemheb is berating someone else. Knowing him, he may end up in chains for months.


Poor Fahd.

Balooo manages to get Iulia to open up a bit more. In doing so he learns that, despite her present occupation, there are aspects of her old life that she misses like fine Chelish wine and gossiped tales of aristocratic indiscretion (Knowledge [nobility]).

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Balooo will try to tell what he knows but he does not know much and walks away frustrated that he cannot find any common interest with anyone on the ship.

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka continues to try and impress the captain with his no nonsense sailing skills.

Prof Sailor: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

To Horemheb: "I mean, the guy screwed up all right, but it's nothing that should merit capital punishment. Maybe wound the guy's pride a bit, or make him do extra chores, but I wouldn't flog him or anything. He seems like a decent enough sort. But if he messed up again, maybe that'd be time to teach him a lesson."

Given the chance to mingle, of course Fahd approaches the apple of his eye yet again. "Did you hear about me saving everyone from that giant crab ogre? A couple kicks and a punch to his grill and ole Fearsome Fahd had him purring like a kitten. I'd have brought him back as a pet, but the Captain would have been mad."

Bluff 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ushaka's hard work continues to go unnoticed.

Horemheb scowls. "Fine. You're swabbing the deck morning, noon, and night until I say otherwise. The rest of you had better not think you'll get off so easy if I catch anyone else sleeping while they're on duty."

The Master-At-Arms gives Friendly Fahd a dirty look and storms off.

The DCs to influence the rest of the crew is now lower. It's higher for Horemheb.

"Oh, you don't say?" Iulia says in feigned interest. "I'm sure Captain Lanteri is grateful for your discretion."

Balooo learned a bit about what impresses her above.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Hmmph! Zinkyudo thinks to himself at the lack of discipline among the crew. The boy had a job to do, and he didn't do it. There should be a proper penalty for such a thing, not extra chores! What are rules for if they're not to be followed?

His eyes narrow as Fahd boasts about the fight that nearly killed him, but he decides it's better for their cover story if Fahd can ingratiate himself with the crew. And with that in mind, Zink tries to do the same, approaching Xosrov and asking him to teach him a game, "Hey, I hear you're a gamesman. I like a game with proper rules and a clear definition of winning and losing, got any you can teach me?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 7


"I've been known to toss the dice on occasion", the half-elf says while pushing back his thick dreadlocks. "I can teach you if you want to learn but it's got to be for coin. I don't see much point in playing 'for fun'."

"This is how it works..."

Sense Motive 15:
You get the sense that Xosrov likes winning even more than the game itself.

"So what do you say? Care for a friendly wager?"

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

Feronia Firetongue is bashful about both the praise - and subtle jab - that Ushaka offered her. "Um, really, it was a group effort. The others strong arms slew the beast."

As the time at sea presses on, its obvious that her quick mind is starting to become bored. Updating celestial charts and tables of meteorological data in her journal - and for the Society back in Absalom - seems to keep her entertained when she doesn't have other duties, but the limited library leaves her on the prowl. She wanders off to compare notes with Belina and Doc Imogene, seeking some stimulating conversation - but only after taking a cognatogen.

diplo belina: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
k(geography): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
k(nature): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28
doc Imogene: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Her bookish nature shines through, though, and she finds herself totally tonguge-tied when it comes to discussing matters in their respective fields.

Afterwords, she chases herself with a lesser restoration - a little weasel bile to balance out the infusion quicksilver she took to grant her smooth charm. 1d4 ⇒ 3 to balance out the ability damage


Everyone loves chatting with Doc Imogene. She already likes you guys as much as she can!

Melina finds both the ship's surgeon and navigator good conversation and though they lack the breadth of her knowledge they're clearly experts in their specific fields. Though Melina isn't especially helpful with the patient that she's seeing at the time, the halfling appreciates the company. With Belina, the tiefling puts up a better fight than the others but even she fails to keep up with the experienced navigator when it comes to talks of constellations and other celestial bodies.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 Was hoping that skill would come into play here!

Looks like all I have to do is lose and I'll make a friend here. Though I can't help but wonder what that'll cost me. But what's that little song? 'Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold!' Even Abadar could see the sense in that, I'd guess.

Zinkyudo appears thoughtful for a long moment, then replies to the half-elf, "Sure, Xosrov, I'll give it a try! What're we wagering on?"


"The game's Kraker's Gambit. You win if you roll an eight before you roll a seven or deuce. Unless you roll an eleven first..."

If Zinkyudo's willing to lose 50g, he'll have made a friend.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

"Okay, that sounds pretty simple..."

For fun: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10
For fun: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4
For fun: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6
For fun: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

"Drat! Well, looks like you win, Xosrov."

Shall I take 50 gp off now, or do you want to take it off the chronicle?


I'll take it off the chronicle.

"Oh, better luck next time friend", the half-elf says with faux sympathy as he collects the winnings. "But you can come by anytime you want to play again, okay?"

***

The next day the Magpie Princess drops anchor near the coast and a handful of launches are taken to resupply at a nearby fishing village.

"We won't be here long", the captain explains as she climbs into one of the small vessels herself. "We're just here to grab a few last minute supplies and get some information. Don't get too comfortable."

If anyone wants to do shopping you can get basic supplies here.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Buying Masterwork Buckler.

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Suppose another magical aegis does not count as basic, so if true, no shopping for Fahd.

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka is good on supplies.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

Me four


With the Princess resupplied and whatever information the captain needed obtained, the ship sets sail again early the following morning.

After a half day of travel, Captain Lanteri summons the party to her quarters.

"The next piece of the puzzle we're after was held by Captain Dahoath, him and his flagship the Saber's Kiss were sank near an atoll not far from here. Diving for the wreckage might be challenging enough but first we've got to get passage from a brine dragon that calls the waters in this area his domains. It just so happens that this brine dragon is the whelp of another dragon that Captain Dahoath and my late husband killed", the captain explains.

"Because most of the crew was with my husband last time he encountered this beast and slew his mother, it's too dangerous for them to negotiation for passage. If he caught wind of who we were, he'd go into a rage for sure. I need you get talk him into allowing us to dive for the Saber's Kiss and find Captain Dahoath's piece of the artifact. Does that sound like something you can handle?"

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"With words or with fists, we can handle negotiations."


"Stick with the former. Even if we could kill the thing, I doubt you could do so before it make a wreck of the Magpie Princess."

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"Fair enough."

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

"...words. Preferably with words. How big is this particular specimen?"

arcana on brine: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

"Talking isn't exactly my strong point, but I'll give it a try. God knows we don't need to pick a fight with a dragon!"


"The locals that have seen the beast weren't really consistent. Some said he was as big as the ship."

Somewhere between large and huge. What do you want to know with your knowledge check?

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Zinkyudo nods along, thinking his best approach to convincing a dragon of anything is keeping his mouth shut.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

special attacks, special defenses, spell like abilities, favorite treasure/general disposition


Melina:
Brine dragons have an acid breath weapon, dr/magic, immunity to acid and general dragon immunities, spell resistance, spell-like abilities associated with the sea and trickery.

Although not inherently evil, brine dragons have little patience for kindness and philanthropy. As they age, they grow more and more opinionated and obsessed with power—by adult age, a brine dragon counts itself a failure if it doesn’t rule over a collection of “lesser beings” such as humans, merfolk, locathah, or even sahuagin.

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka nods at the assignment, clearly not particularly talented at negotiation.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

"From an old silver weight novel on pirates, oddly anough, I recall brine dragons to be masters of acid, and in nature both tricksters and particularly egoists. If we wish safe passage, simple obsequious groveling might be enough - they crave greatness through servitude and deference. Not unlike a Pathfinder Venture Captain."

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"Good, we'll use his ego against him." Let's go!


As the Princess gets closer to the dragon's domain, Captain Lanteri starts ordering the crew below decks.

"One last thing", she says as the last deckhands descend. "The dragon's name is Kelizar and it's believed he has an appreciation for Taldan items and dress. Some of the fishermen in that village we stopped at said that an explorer from Taldor once washed up near Kelizar’s lair and regaled him with Taldan folklore and stories of knights and princesses. They say the dragon has a high regard for courtly manners and poetry. It might help with negotiations if you, 'dress like Taldans' whatever that means."

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"And where would we even get Taldan clothing?"


Captain Lanteri shrugs. "Improvise. I doubt he even knows what Taldan fashion looks like", she says before descending down the stairs.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Balooo sighs, this was getting absurd. "Fine, we'll make it work."

651 to 700 of 1,215 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Feral's PFS Plunder and Peril All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.