Feral's PFS Plunder and Peril (Inactive)

Game Master Feral

Mappage

The Crew

Inits:

[dice=Balooo]1d20[/dice]
[dice=Fahd]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Melina]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ushaka]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Zinkyudo]1d20+4[/dice]


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,215 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

"Brightglass Isle? My hippocampus could get you there but I need another favor first. That fey I was telling you about, she cornered me here in the lagoon last night. She demanded I hand over the whole herd or she'd kill me and take them. She's a powerful spellcaster, I don't think she was bluffing. Anyway, I've got nowhere else to hide so I figured I'd make my last stand here where the shallower water limits her advantages. If you help me kill her, I'll loan you a few of my hippocampi."

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"Deal."

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

"You seem a decent sort," Zink says in reply to triton's proposal, "we can help you out." He turns to Balooo and adds, "Though I think we could still just go there in our boat."

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

"Ah hell, Zinky. We might as well help her while we are here. Misery loves company, so to speak."

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Zinkyudo shrugs, saying, "Very well. The fey are not exactly known for bringing order and stability to a place, it's probably best if this one is dealt with."


Ushaka and anyone that can make a DC 10 profession (sailor):
Paddling to Brightglass Island in the launch would be back-breaking effort, would take more than a week, and would be very dangerous. The launches simply aren't meant for travel on the high sea.

"Thank you! Hide behind the trees or something. I'm going to tell that b&+$+ what I think of her threats and lure her back here."

You guys have an unknown amount of time to prepare. Feel free to do some prebuffing.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

"Well, that's not exactly a plan," Zink remarks, "but it's an approach." He calls on his inner reserve of strength to protect him in the approaching fight, and asks Melina to tap him with his protective wand.

Assuming it's been more than 40 minutes since we came ashore, I'll put another barkskin on (2/7 ki used), and will have mage armor applied. AC is now 25/19/22.

Feral - is map?


Bah! It's always map, map, map with you guys. Yeah, give me a minute.

It's been close to 24 hours since you arrived. You passed the whole night partying with the lizardfolk.


It's a bit ghetto but there's a map up. Arrange yourselves as you see fit.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

It's booful! I'm good where I am, assuming the water fey will be coming from the water, rather than burrowing under the sand to eat the winged guy.

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Fahd pulls and drinks his mutagen. His bestial nature grows as the serum takes its effect on him.

+4 Str, -2 Int, + 2 AC for 50 minutes.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

The tiefling takes preparatory elixirs of shield and bomber's eye before hesitantly following the others to the waters edge, underwater crossbow in hand.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Balooo will just draw his scroll of haste ready for the battle at hand.


After roughly an hour there's a commotion in the water briefly before a harried Jenesara bursts from the lagoon's surface. "She's right behind me!"

Balooo: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Fahd: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Melina: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Ushaka: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Zinkyudo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Jenesara: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Not-Evil Fey: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Victim: 1d5 ⇒ 2

The triton's pursuer emerges from the water on queue - a creature with the upper half of a human woman clad only in sea foam with the lower half of an enormous squid. She hisses in anger and raises a tentacle firing a super-powered jet of water at Fahd.

Water Spout: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Bludgeoning Damage: 7d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 6, 5, 1, 1, 3) = 23

Confirming: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Extra Damage: 7d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1) = 16

The party is up.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Balooo moves and casts the spell on the scroll. Haste for everyone except for Melina for 5 rounds.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

"What is under the sea..." Melina launches one of her patented bombs "...should stay there!"

range touch, bomb eye, range: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 2 = 25
fire, pb: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 2, 4) + 9 = 19 plus dc 18 fortitude save or be nauseated for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 round after leaving cloud. Cloud lasts 1 rd and fills a 10' by 10' square

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Fahd readies an action to punch the creature if it approached him.

Mutagen Haste Attack 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 21
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7

Edited the post per Melina's post and looking at the map.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

Nobody would fault Fahd for retreating. Also, she's like 40' away in the water

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

See why we ask for maps? We get quality results!

Zinkyudo takes a step to the side to get a clean shot, then unleashes a flurry of arrows at impossible speed!

5-foot step, flurry with Deadly Aim and cold iron arrows, using ki point (3/7) to get extra attack, use Perfect Strike on first arrow (1/4 today).

Flurry with Longbow, DA, Haste: 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 1 + 1 = 17 Use this roll
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10

Flurry with Longbow, DA, Haste: 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 1 + 1 = 14 Ignore this roll
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12

Flurry with Longbow, DA, Haste: 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 1 + 1 = 20
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11

Flurry with Longbow, DA, Haste: 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 1 + 1 = 26
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12

Flurry with Longbow, DA, Haste: 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 1 + 1 = 28 Haste attack
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6


Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 18

The water fey resists the pungent stink from Melina's bomb but is badly burned as its oily skin ignites. "AHHHH! You'll pay for that witch!"

Ushaka Bow (haste, challenge): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Hasted Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Ushaka shots only hit the water but Zinkyudo nails her with two arrows. Unfortunately they pop out a second later leaving almost no lasting harm. DR 10.

Jenesara disappears as she dives into the lagoon's waters!

The water fey fires another jet of water, this time aimed at the bomb-slinging Melina.

Water Spout: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Bludgeoning Damage: 7d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 4, 3, 5, 6, 3) = 25

The party is up.

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

"If someone can heal me, I'll go out there and take that thing on. If we wait here, it's going to pick us off one by one!"

Delay until the rest of the team acts.

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka, afteri seeing Zinky's arrows be unaffected moved up to Fahd, twirls out his wand and heals the brawler once.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"Get behind me if need be."

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Balooo gets in front of Fahd and heals him.

"After this, we rush her."

CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Feral tells me Zink's arrows did full damage due to cold iron, so will shoot some more of them.

Seeing his arrows have the desired effect, Zinkyudo unloads another barrage of them at the watery fey! As he shoots, he calls out, "Anyone know what this thing we're fighting is?"

Flurry with Deadly Aim and cold iron arrows, using ki point (4/7) to get extra attack, use Perfect Strike on first arrow (2/4 today).

Flurry with Longbow, DA, Haste: 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 1 + 1 = 14 Ignore this roll
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10

Flurry with Longbow, DA, Haste: 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 1 + 1 = 24 Use this roll
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11

Flurry with Longbow, DA, Haste: 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 1 + 1 = 18
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

Flurry with Longbow, DA, Haste: 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 1 + 1 = 25
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

Flurry with Longbow, DA, Haste: 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 1 + 1 = 11 Haste attack
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

Melina ducks neatly under the water spout and unleashes another bomb.

range touch, bomb eye, range: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 2 = 25
fire, pb: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 6, 4) + 9 = 22 plus dc 18 fortitude save or be nauseated for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 rounds after leaving cloud. Cloud lasts 1 rd and fills a 10' by 10' square

"It's got tentacles, shoots water and is a fey. What else could you possibly want to know?"

nature: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Using the Haste spell, Fahd moves to engage the strange creature.

Assuming I can do so with the extra 60' movement, DM. If I can't get there, I'll moves as far as I can.

Fahd swings away when he reaches the magical beast.

Hasted Mutagen Attack 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 33
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12

Possible Crit on Hasted Mutagen Attack 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 32
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Know Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Ushaka shrugs in response to Melina's question.


Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Melina's bomb burns the fey again but she doesn't succumb to the stinking cloud left behind.

After a moment of reflection, Melina recognizes that this creature is an oceanid, a type of capricious water fey native to the sea. In addition to firing powerful jets of water, they're resistant to weapons not forged from cold iron and their wounds mend quickly whenever they're in contact with salt water (fast healing).

Fahd you have a lot of water to cross. With a hasted double swim you can get adjacent but you cannot attack. Can you not see the map?

Zinkyudo's second volley isn't quite as accurate as the first but he still connects with one arrow.

The oceanid paddles back and fires another jet of water at Melina. "These waters are mine!"

Water Spout: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Bludgeoning Damage: 7d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 5, 3, 6, 4, 2) = 28

The party is up.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Swim: 2d20 ⇒ (7, 18) = 25

Balooo double moves. "Not for long!"

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

Did Fahd make it to the Oceanid?


Does anyone look at the map?

He was adjacent but she 5-foot step.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

I look at the map and I'm glad to have it. In light of recent experiences with another player in a different game with Feral, I have restrained myself from commenting when others fail to look at the map - but I have been tempted.

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Was Using the map, but wasn't sure if the depth of the water was walkable or required swim checks to proceed which would eat up the distance I had to move to get there.

Fahd takes a 5' diagonal southwest step and swings at the creature.

Haste mutagen attack 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 27
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8

Haste mutagen attack 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 18
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

Extra attack from Haste. Haste mutagen attack 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 12
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14


Fahd cannot 5-foot step here unless he picked up a swim speed somewhere.

Ferocious Fahd's fist fails to flatten the fiendish fey. She's got really good DR.

Zinkyudo, Ushaka, and Melina are up.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

"Can we get her to fight us on land?" Zink cries out, "She's healing too fast, and I don't know if we can beat her in her own element! Maybe if we retreat up the beach she'll come after us."

He sends another volley of cold iron arrows at the oceanid, focusing on accuracy rather than power.

5-foot step, flurry.

Flurry with Longbow, Haste: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 16
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Flurry with Longbow, Haste: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 16
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Flurry with Longbow, Haste: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 = 27
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

I looked at the map. The question was more along the lines of "did you catch Fahd's awesome uppercut?"

"Would you come up on land if you were her?" the tiefling responds before launching her third bomb - this one with great accuracy. She carefully places the smoke to avoid nauseating Fahd.

range touch, bomb eye, range: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 27
fire: 3d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 5, 1) + 8 = 16 plus dc 18 fortitude save or be nauseated for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 round after leaving cloud. Cloud lasts 1 rd and fills a 10' by 10' square

What what, homegirl got a threat!
range touch, bomb eye, range: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 19
fire: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

So probably 26 fire and


This time Melina's bomb hits the angry fey in the face, blowing her head clean off. Her monstrous body gives one last twitch before sinking into the water.

Jenesara appears a moment later with five extra hippocampi. "I brought you mounts! Now let's get that b&&#%! Oh. She's dead already."

***

With the oceanid slain, Jenesara makes good on her promise, lending the party five well-trained hippocampi along with saddles, bit, and bridles. After a bit of training on the basics, the party is ready to pursue the Magpie Princess.

"I told them where you need to go. Trust the animals to get you there. They'll take good care of you if you take care of them."

Just before the party departs on their eager aquatic steeds, Jenesara presses a pale pink conch into Balooo's hands. "Hold on to this. It might come in handy if you get stranded again", she says with a smirk.

That ends Part II: Dangerous Waters. The game's been reported and chronicles are going out now.


For some, speeding across the sea on the back of a large fish-horse would be a frightening endeavor but, for those that embrace it, powering across the water at impossible speeds and breaking through the tallest of waves is an experience that defines freedom.

After the better part of a day, Brightglass Isle comes into sight and the Magpie Princess can be seen anchored not far from it. A pair of launches are visible, dragged up on the island's beach.

As the party gets closer Belina can be seen waving, "You made it!" The rest of the crew visible on the ship's deck don't look quite as excited.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Who do we see?


You can't really see the entire deck of the ship from the water. You'd have to get closer and climb aboard.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Balooo leads the fish-horse riding party and attempts to board.


As the party closes, several crewman appear at the edge of the deck with crossbows leveled but Horemheb's voice can be heard over the sound of the waves slapping against the Magpie Princess's hull. "Lower your weapons, let them aboard."

Rope ladders are lowered allowing the party to climb up to the deck. The entire crew looks surprised at the party's arrival but several are still visibly ready for a fight. Besides Captain Lanteri, Hinsin, and Vancid Creed are absent.

"Where'd you get those things from?" Belina asks curiously as she watches the hippocampi swim away.

"The captain said we were going to come get you after we'd claimed Redclaw's treasure", Doc Imogene adds.

"To Hell with them", one of the crew shouts. "The captain gave us orders to guard the ship against anyone while she was gone." Others can be heard murmuring their approval.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"We did someone a favor and they returned it. The b*@!$ left us on the island for dead. There was no piece of artifact there. She betrayed us. When did she leave?"


Balooo's accusations get the crew arguing. Crossbows are loaded and sabers drawn as tempers start to rise.

"He's a liar! The Captain would never do that!"

"Lanteri's a snake! She killed her husband so there'd be one less way to split the gold."

"I never liked them! They must have done something to deserve it!"

"The Captain never trusted any of us. We've got no reason to trust her."

But a few of the more senior members of the crew step forward in the party's defense. "They're good by me. A couple of 'em helped me with my rash!" Xosrov adds helpfully.

The vouches from the senior crew go a long way and each one that comes forward causes several of the less experienced crew to back down. More and more of the crew lower their weapons and back off but several still look prepared to follow Captain Lanteri's last order.

Balooo: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Fahd: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Melina: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Ushaka: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Zinkyudo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Crew: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Melina and Ushaka are up. Melina I made a stink bomb template for you.

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka steps up, draws his weapon and speaks.

"Is this really what you idjits want to do?"

Ushaka motions to his companions to be ready.

activating tactician for precise strike for all of us for 3 rounds.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

Are all 20 figures on the board hostile?


Yes.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

Melina unleashes a frost bomb at the group to the west.

"Stand down or you're gonna get hurt!"

target the central one in the indicated circle on the map

range touch, pb: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
cold, pb: 3d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 5, 1) + 7 = 19 plus primary target must make a dc 19 fortitude save or be staggered on next turn. splash 9 cold, reflex DC 19


Reflexes: 2d20 ⇒ (15, 10) = 25

The pirate that suffers a direct hit crumbles to the deck in a half-frozen heap. The other two suffer minor frostbite.

A couple pirates move into melee with Ushaka. A couple others on the half-deck above swing down at Melina. The rest level their crossbows and fire on the party.

Melee vs Ushaka: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Melee vs Ushaka: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Confirming: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Extra Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Melee vs Melina (high ground): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Melee vs Melina (high ground): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Shots vs Fahd (with cover +0 to hit): 5d20 ⇒ (13, 12, 8, 4, 19) = 56
Shots vs Balooo (with cover +0 to hit): 5d20 ⇒ (12, 3, 2, 17, 20) = 54
Shots vs Zinkyudo (with cover +0 to hit): 5d20 ⇒ (4, 7, 6, 3, 5) = 25

Balooo Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

The party is up.

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka grunts, taking a blow to the shoulder and being disappointed that they didn't surrender takes a pair of swings back, starting with the scallywag to his north and taking his spot if he drops.

poke: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Bop: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,215 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Feral's PFS Plunder and Peril All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.