Feral's PFS Plunder and Peril (Inactive)

Game Master Feral

Mappage

The Crew

Inits:

[dice=Balooo]1d20[/dice]
[dice=Fahd]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Melina]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ushaka]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Zinkyudo]1d20+4[/dice]


201 to 250 of 1,215 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Zink is about to speak up and say that they had in fact won the race, and that there was no need for a fight afterwards, but he bites his tongue. Probably not the most piratical point to make, that.

"Yeah, we're fast and tough," he says instead.


The crowd offers the party a few congratulatory claps on the back but with the fight otherwise over they begin to quickly disperse.

Captain Lanteri gestures for the five to follow her. "Let's take a seat. We've got things to discuss. Yamtisy, get a round of drinks for our winners." Once the party joins her in sitting at the table formally occupied by the bosun, the captain smiles wide. "Congratulations on a race well run and, apparently, a fight well fought. If you're here I assume you're interested in the treasure I mentioned at the lumber yard."

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka nods and pulls up a chair and enjoys a cold brew before listening to more of the captain's offer.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"Course we are."

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Zinkyudo eyes the drink set before him with no small degree of squeamishness, wondering what will happen if he drinks it now, after his experience at the festival. I've heard some saying about 'the hair of the dog' - but always figured that was some herbal recipe for hangovers and such. Ah, well, I guess we're expected to drink...

He takes a swallow of the strong, dark ale, his head spins a bit, and then the whole world looks a bit brighter and more welcoming. Hey, this stuff is great! After another couple of swallows, he responds enthusiastically, "Jemma Redclaw's treasure! Who wouldn't be interested?"

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Fahd waves off the beverage. "Last thing I need is more rum. I might have to fight somebody else, and I can barely see as is!". He does pull up a chair and listen to the offer.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

Mel sighs and sits cross legged, waiting for their questions to be answered.


"Why don't I start from the beginning", Captain Lanteri says as the drinks make their way to the table. "Captain Redclaw was a scourge of the seas from years past. She was a relentless fighter — she even replaced her arm with a claw of red metal. Her ship, the Fearsome Tide, seemed able to sail indefinitely and was never seen in port. They say she amassed quite a trove of gold, art, and even magic. Once she disappeared, most assumed her treasure was lost. But now I know how to find it", she explains with a smirk.

"But, there’s plenty to be done before anyone sets sail for the treasure. I have the secret to finding it, but not its exact location yet. And even if I knew exactly where it was, I’m not fool enough to blather about that at a dockside inn! I need extra muscle for the journey, and that's where you come in. I’m prepared to offer a 1/16th share of all the loot we find, to split among yourselves however you wish. Even without a fabled pile of loot at the end of our journey, that’s a worthwhile offer.”

Sense Motive 22:
1/16th is a stingy share of the treasure based on what you know about the size of her crew.

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Sense motive 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 2 = 24

"Now Captain, you've seen what we can do as far as racing and fighting. I think that share you offered is a bit light. How about being reasonable?"

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

"Sounds fair. We have muscle to spare."

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

"I'd take more, Fahd, if it were on offer, but a sixteenth sounds pretty reasonable."


Fahd and anyone else that cares can roll a diplomacy check.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Zink looks at Baloo, as the most charismatic and compelling of the group, and then at Mel, as the most cogent and convincing, hoping one of them will make a case for a better share of the treasure. He nods along eagerly as the case is made.

Diplomacy, Aid somebody: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"It does sound reasonable, but more is better. Besides, more money means more motivation. People work harder when they have reason to."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 32 so far..


Swayed by Balooo's compelling arguement, Captain Lanteri sighs. "Alright. 1/12 of the booty and not a copper more. Running a ship isn't cheap you know."

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"Pleasure doing business with you. When do we start?"


"First you sods have to sign something formalizing this arrangement. I hope you understand."

Yamtisy appears again with a short contract detailing the agreement with the party as 'boarders and repellers' on the Magpie Princess for the duration of Captain Redclaw's treasure. As compensation they're promised quarters, grub, and grog along with a 1/12th share of all booty.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

At first I read 1/12 as 1/2 - seemed like some serious caving in on the cap'n's part.

Zinkyudo gives an impressed nod to Balooo, glad they have such a skilled negotiator on their team. "We will work harder, cap'tfin," he agrees, though he butchers the unfamiliar piratical contraction of her rank.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

"A contract, oh? My father would approve, no doubt. 'Boarding and repelling'; well now, that sounds like quite a bit of stimulation my boys. Entertainment for weeks, at least."

She flips her tail a bit in contemplation. "Dear Captain, what I lack in brawn I make up for in... an excess of reason and a unique clarity of vision. I would not dare to question your authority of matters nautical, but I would note that I am a passing student of meteorology, geography, and a host of other matters. If I can offer my services in narrow your field of search, consider my talents at your disposal."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka washes down the contact signing with more grog.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

Balooo will sign it. As long as they got the bear neccessities, it sounded good.


After everyone's signed, Captain Lanteri looks the signatures over.

"I'm looking forward to working with all of you, including you Mister... Finkyudo", she says with a nod at the feathered aasimar.

Hearing Melina's description of her capabilities, the captain shrugs. "The best pirates are strong but more importantly tougher than leather and brave enough, or fool enough, to throw caution to the wind when it matters. If you can pull off the latter, I don't give a damn what you're skills are; the basics of running the ship herself can be learned by just about anyone."

As she rolls the contract up, she pauses briefly and studies the party.

"Say, what brought you to Lilywhite in the first place? You're no lifers. I doubt more than a couple of you have even been at sea before."

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

"Trouble on the home front, if you will. Fearsome, Fozzie and I were running a small-time smuggling operation out of Corentyn - Desnan holy symbols, halfling escapees, drugs - anything that would pay. The Chain Knights caught wind and came after us, so we ran, caught a ship. We met Ushaka and liked him, and he suggested coming here."

Mel pauses and looks over at the Garuda. "Oh, and he's my little brother." She smiles at the group, innocently. "Well, half-brother. What can I say? Our dear mom Faith had exotic tastes?"

bluff: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Sense Motives: 1d20 ⇒ 20

"Is that right?" she says incredulously. "It's quite the coincidence that you arrived when you did. I mean, there's lots of places around here for struggling smugglers to get ahead. What are the odds?"

Anyone want to aid?

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"Coincidences happen. And it happens that this one benefits you."

Bluff to aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka speaks up in defense of Melina's story.

"Aye dese lubbers ain't seen much sea, what do ye mean why are we here though? The festival of course, I've been meaning to make it for years, finally got 'ere and it's every tin I 'oped for an' more."

Bluff Aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

"Even Zinkyu... err Finky here is more handy on a ship than he lets on. Has trouble holding his liquor though."

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Bluff to Aid: 1d20 ⇒ 4

"I guess you could say the wind just blew us here," Zinkyudo adds, his slightly avian features accentuating the nervous air with which he delivers the line, "me and 'Sis' - well, er, 'Half-Sis,' like she says."


"How fortunate", Captain Lanteri says as she tucks the rolled up contract into her belt. "Besmara must have big plans for all of you."

"I suggest you all turn in early. You're to meet me and the rest of the crew at dawn on the short piers at the northeast corner of town. Don't be late."

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Zinkyudo agrees enthusiastically to meet at the appointed time, though he's a bit puzzled. Why would they make the piers short, wouldn't a big wave just wash over them? Or perhaps she means they're not very long, as opposed to not very tall? I do have quite a bit to learn about all this sailing stuff...

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"We won't be."

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Fahd had remained silent as he was still feeling the effects of the grog and the pounding he had taken. "Just wondering...any healers on board?"


"What did you mean? The ship's got a doctor if that's what you're asking for. You got a rash that needs looking after?"

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ushaka answer, trying to salvage the conversation

"My friends here ain't as used ta livin' the pirate life like I am, and all over indulged with today's festival, Cayden would be pround of them ya know, either a good night's sleep along with a gallon o watery grog, or a 'chemists kindness would do a few of em' good, that's what he's asking about."

Ushaka nods at Fahd as he finishes.


"Well the ship's not in port so you're going to be on your own as far as supplies. She's a bit up the coast right now being repaired. Your green friends will have to cope on their own tonight."

Sense Motive 22:
There's something about the ship that she's avoiding talking about.

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Ushaka nods, "I'll make sure they're taken care of, where and when should we meet next?"

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

"Uh, Cap'tfin," Zink interjects, still not able to get the pronunciation correct, "is there something about the ship you're not telling us? I get the feeling you left out something...I may not be a seaman yet, but I can read people pretty well."


"It's nothing", the captain snaps. "Just watch your backs out there. Lilywhite may look like a pleasant place but every pirate has enemies. If you're on my crew they're your enemies now too."


Ushaka wrote:

[dice=Sense Motive]1d20+9

Ushaka nods, "I'll make sure they're taken care of, where and when should we meet next?"

DM Feral wrote:

"How fortunate", Captain Lanteri says as she tucks the rolled up contract into her belt. "Besmara must have big plans for all of you."

"I suggest you all turn in early. You're to meet me and the rest of the crew at dawn on the short piers at the northeast corner of town. Don't be late."

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

I blame all the drinking.

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Fearsome Fahd keeps silent, still green around the gills from drinking, and puffy from the earlier bruising he suffered.


No more questions? Shall I assume you guys find a place to crash and move on?

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Yeah, Fahd is spent. He wants a soft spot to crash for the night.

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"One more question before we go. How long do you think this'll take? How many rations do we need?" After that I'm ready to move on.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist 6 (hp 17/39) | F +8 R +10 W +5 | AC 19 (23) T 14 FF 15 CMD 16 | Perception +15 (Darkvision) | Bombs 11/14

"Repaired from what? Did you see action recently captain?" Melina smiles. "And although I understand your need for secrecy, some idea of our destination would help in preparation."


"Eh, let's just say it's nearby", the captain says in reply to Melina's question.

"How long? What kind of question is that? The adventure is half the point!" she says in disbelief. "I don't know. Weeks. Months. Maybe years."

Liberty's Edge

Ulfen Bear 10 HP: 92/92 AC:24 FF:24 T:13 F:+14, R:+8, W:+9, Perception +24, Survival +12 (Effects:)

"I like being prepared." Balooo shrugs.

Liberty's Edge

Human Unchained Rogue 4 / Daring Champion Cavalier 1 | Evangelist 4 HP 67/86 | AC 26* T 18 FF 18* (Uncanny Dodge) | Fort +8 Ref +14 Will +7 (+4 vs Electricity/Water, +2 vs Traps, Evasion) | CMD 18 | Init +9 | Perc +19 (+2 vs surprise) (Half penalty for distance) | Teamwork: Outflank

Ready to move on.


With their meeting concluded the party departs to find a place to rest their heads. Fortunately, despite being a relatively small town, Lilywhite boasts a large number of inns and hostels. Unfortunately, due to the festival most of them are booked up.

The party finally finds lodgings at the Sturdy Seawall. Being adjacent the common room it's noisy but its got four walls, a roof, and beds.

***

Arriving at the short piers early the following morning (too early for some), the party finds Captain Lanteri and several members of her crew gathered near two landings sporting unique markings, a crow's head with a delicate crown above it.

The captain flags the party down and gestures for them to join her. Standing alongside Captain Lanteri is an attractive pale chelish woman with an unattractive sneer across her face.

"This is Iulia Antoninia", the captain says. "She's my quartermaster and you'll be getting your orders from her for the next couple days until we're on the Princess. Follow her orders the same as you'd follow any of mine, savvy?"

With the introductions complete, Captain Lanteri quickly departs to tend to other business leaving the party with the grumpy quartermaster.

"You are you to assist in getting the supplies needed to finalize repairs to the ship. The captain wants to depart in three days. That means you must collect everything on this list within two. Do not assume that is any excuse to slack off. The sooner these supplies are gathered the better", she explains coldly. "Arrangements have already been made to cover the cost of most of the supplies. This coin should cover whatever has not been paid for. Do not return to me asking for more. Do you understand?"

She hands a small folded piece of parchment and sack of coins to Balooo. The sack contains 250 gold worth of assorted coinage.

Shopping List:
a barrel of tar
a box of nails
a new masthead
a crate of preserved citrus

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

We join a fierce pirate crew and they send us shopping? Shouldn't they just plunder all this stuff? Perhaps the pirate life is not quite what the tales say...

"Understood, q'term'str," Zink replies, hoping the form of address he's invented is vaguely correct in pirate circles.

He takes a quick look at the list and wonders, Preserved citrus? I guess Captain Lanteri likes a fancy drink from time to time, maybe with a little umbrella in it. Fortunately, he does not voice this thought, as it would only serve to put his ignorance of shipboard life on greater display.

Scarab Sages

(Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 9; HP 85/85; AC (25)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +14; F+10,R+10,W+9 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +14 (+21 on Sunder), CMD 26 (31 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Fahd grinned at the pretty quartermaster. Her severe countenance made her seem even more up his alley. HE planned on doing some reconnaissance about her on the ship. He didn't even pay any attention to the shopping list. "Certainly, milady," he cooed in response.

201 to 250 of 1,215 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Feral's PFS Plunder and Peril All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.