DM waz up's tale of the adventurer (Inactive)

Game Master william Nightmoon

Astril, the land of the greats. it is the year 364 in the second era. the gods have just finished the ten-thousands war, a conflict that shook the prime material plane and caused the destruction of several lesser planes.
you are a farmer, a mercenary, a student, or perhaps just an unfortunate slave. things turn to your favor, or out of it, and you are sent on a journey to discover your fate!


501 to 550 of 621 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

"Can you teach me how to speak goblin, so I can understand dirtbag?"


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Meg whispers to Zim

"I Can teach you, he may not want too."

Meg will then go pick up the long sword he saw earlier, the mutagen still coursing through his body.


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

Tindertwig looks at Zimul with a confused expression on his green face.

Yous just talk it.


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

"No, I was speaking in common?"Zimul has a puzzled expression on his face.

He faces Dirtbag. "Dirtbag, can you understand what I'm saying?"

Never thought of the day I'd be talking to a toad lol


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

The little goblin falls to the ground, clutching his belly.

A shrill siren-like sound begins to erupt from the small figure.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHA!

A confused Rippit? comes from the precariously perched toad.


Warforged
Vitals:
HP 25/25; AC 22, FF 21, T 11, CMB +5(+8 Sunder); CMD 17 920 vs sunder) ; F 6, R 1, W 1; Perception +7, Init +1
Skills:
Acrobatics -4 (-8 to jump), Climb +4, Craft (blacksmith) +6 (+8 to repair a warforged.), Knowledge (engineering) +9, Linguistics +3, Perception +7

Gyro simply shakes his head at the two. He did just try to converse with a goblin on same footing. Best leave it at that

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

game master

the greatsword isn't magical, but is is of great make. the leather is finely cured and the metal is a pure steal, the blade is etched with the love of only a master craftsman. it's masterwork. the longsword is identified as a +1 longsword at this point. the undead have no other valuables. but based on the Wight's reaction to you, you bet there are more undead around.


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Inspecting the sword, Meg can see its obvious magical nature and fine craftsmanship. He walks over to Gyro, "Do you have a use for this? I am not much of a swordsmen but you seem to be."


Warforged
Vitals:
HP 25/25; AC 22, FF 21, T 11, CMB +5(+8 Sunder); CMD 17 920 vs sunder) ; F 6, R 1, W 1; Perception +7, Init +1
Skills:
Acrobatics -4 (-8 to jump), Climb +4, Craft (blacksmith) +6 (+8 to repair a warforged.), Knowledge (engineering) +9, Linguistics +3, Perception +7

Gyro gives a half bow, as he gently takes the weapon, looking it over
"This is a fine gift. The work itself is... quite exquisite. Fine workmanship. I can not keep it. I will happily use it. Till we find either the owner. Or someone more worthy than me" he gives h a smile
"I am honored that you would give this to me. My thanks"

-Posted with Wayfinder


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

Zimul sighs as he realises he has been pranked by Tindertwig. "Go ahead, Megildur. I don't detect any curses. Let's get moving, but watch out for more undead. " Zimul continues to get the party to move in the direction of the mines.


Medium Male Humanoid (Orc) | Fighter 2 | Theme Song

Goldoth pulls his pack off and rummages through it for a few moments, producing a folding shovel. Without a word, he unfolds it and walks just a bit off the road, where he begins to dig.

GM Only:
Goldoth's digging graves. From what I can tell, it generally takes about half an hour to dig a single shallow grave. Let me know if you need me to make any kinds of checks.

Sovereign Court

game master

@Goldoth: no need, i will roll for you if needed. digging isn't a check, however it will put you either an hour behind the group, or the group an hour behind their destination.

Goldoth appears to be digging some graves... does the group wait for him to finish or continue without him?


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

Zimul sighs. "I'll help. Even if they are ungrateful b@stards who don't deserve to rest in the earth, we should still apare others the sight of looking at them." Zimul helps Goldoth dig the graves.

After the remains are put in, Zimul utters a prayer to Ra asking for them to be smote with heavenly fire, should they dare to step out of the ground again.

Sovereign Court

game master

mysterious rolls:
1d100 ⇒ 19

less than fifteen minutes pass before the horrid rank of rotting flesh fills the air. More zombies approach from the woods there are many of them, at least ten.

luckily they don't seem to have noticed the group, they are wandering aimlessly.

my last post for the day, i have some schedule problems, so the game might slow down.


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

"Uhh guys...I think we're attracting some unwanted attention here."Zimul draws the groups attention to the growing zombie numbers. "Sorry Goldoth, but maybe we need to fix the undead problem before we can bury the dead."

Thanks for heads up!


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

"Why don't we just burn them? Quick and Easy, it is elven custom to burn the bodies, they you cannot be brought to harm those you loved in life.


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

"Could work. Anyone has any firewood?"


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

Tindertwig watches Goldoth as he begins to dig.

Watcha doings?

The goblin then notices the zombies.

And scrambles into some bushes.

stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28


Male Elf Bard 1

"For once I'm inclined to agree with the priest, Goldoth. Maybe we should come back to bury these later?"


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Meg looks around and gathers up some branches and the like to get a fire started. He pulls out his flint and steel and sparks some flames on the current dead dead zombies.

"This may draw the others in and we can sneak around past them."


Warforged
Vitals:
HP 25/25; AC 22, FF 21, T 11, CMB +5(+8 Sunder); CMD 17 920 vs sunder) ; F 6, R 1, W 1; Perception +7, Init +1
Skills:
Acrobatics -4 (-8 to jump), Climb +4, Craft (blacksmith) +6 (+8 to repair a warforged.), Knowledge (engineering) +9, Linguistics +3, Perception +7

"I suggest we do this later... we dont want to draw the attention of those 10 shamblers right now, unless you think we can take them all on right now?"

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

game master

The hoard of shambling corpses is getting closer... they seem drawn to something...

@Goldoth:
While you where carring the corpses, a ring fell off one of their fingers.


Medium Male Humanoid (Orc) | Fighter 2 | Theme Song

Goldoth places the first of the bodies in the shallow grave that's been dug, then bends down to pick something up. Holding it up to the light, it seems to be a small ring.


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

"Huh, where'd that come from?" Zimul looks at Goldoth's latest acquisition then scans it with detect magic.

Standard procedure, checking for curses and all that, take 10 for total 17 spellcraft


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

"We had better get moving now, I don't like undead to begin with and don't feel like becoming food for them."

With that Meg will move away from where they are not avoiding the horde and moving towards the mine as he can.


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

Tindertwig scampers from bush to bush toward the mines.

stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

Sovereign Court

game master

@zimul: the ring has a feint aura of necromancy, you can't seem to identify it...

the Zombies still haven't seen you...

you get moving and are able to easily get away from the shamblers


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

Zimul votes they enter the mine, Goldoth/ Gryo first, followed by the rest. He puts a light spell on the leading person.


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

Tindertwig begins batting at the light that just sprung upon his head, as he enters the mine.

Dirtbag does not look amused!


Warforged
Vitals:
HP 25/25; AC 22, FF 21, T 11, CMB +5(+8 Sunder); CMD 17 920 vs sunder) ; F 6, R 1, W 1; Perception +7, Init +1
Skills:
Acrobatics -4 (-8 to jump), Climb +4, Craft (blacksmith) +6 (+8 to repair a warforged.), Knowledge (engineering) +9, Linguistics +3, Perception +7

think he meant either Goldith or Gyro ;)

Gyro lets him cast the spell on his weapon, as he starts to move in, his shield up, and his sword now lighting the way

-Posted with Wayfinder


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Meg will follow behind Gyro, a mixture in hand ready to throw it.


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

Yeah unless you want to lead. Even so I don't mind NOT putting it on you :)


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

I figure with him being the trapper, that he would be in the lead?


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

Zimul puts his light on Gryo after Tindertwig bats it away.


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

Tindertwig smiles at Zimul.

Gots me back. Guud one., the goblin whispers.

He then begins to quietly search the mine entrance for anything suspicious.
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 +3 traps

stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Sovereign Court

game master

As tindertwig enters, he notices the rubble that has been moved away. There are tracks on the ground for carts, but the tracks are old and broken. The farther you get in the tunnel the more obvious it becomes... this tunnel is no longer sealed. The light reflects of the walls, creating a strange golden glow... it appears as if thebmine is plentiful in gold, and the veins are vibrant and full. You progress further until you find a cart filled with gold ore... the card is new... and very out of place.


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

Tindertwig sneaks up to the cart.
stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

He then climbs into it.
He begins fulling his back pack.


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

The soft echoing sounds of chinking and clinking emerges from the dark tunnel ahead. An eerie and mysterious slinking and sloshing sounds begins to progress closer to the the entrance of the tunnel, as the group watches the darkness.
Emerging into the fading light of the outside, Tindertwig (and Dirtbag) is seen struggling mightily dragging a loaded sack, filled to the brim with golden ore.

Hi. Dere be nuttn in dere, that I sees.

A questioning Rippit? comes from the eye-arching toad...


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Meg stands in slack jawed awe at Tindertwig and his antics The Dammed goblin found the mother load and beat me to it."

A big smile comes to Megs face "This gold could set me up for life, think we could split it evenly?"

He then moves up beside Tindertwig and looks in to the mine.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Warforged
Vitals:
HP 25/25; AC 22, FF 21, T 11, CMB +5(+8 Sunder); CMD 17 920 vs sunder) ; F 6, R 1, W 1; Perception +7, Init +1
Skills:
Acrobatics -4 (-8 to jump), Climb +4, Craft (blacksmith) +6 (+8 to repair a warforged.), Knowledge (engineering) +9, Linguistics +3, Perception +7

"Want me to help ypu carry your bag Twig?" he offers a hand to the small goblin

-Posted with Wayfinder


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

"Wow we're rich!"Zimul exclaims. "Great job! Do you think we can keep all of this for ourselves or do we need to pay tithes to the mayor?"

"Let's see what more we can fihd."

Sovereign Court

game master

As you descend deeper into the caves, the signs that the mine is once again occupied become more and more obvious.

You pass by several picks and barels, finally comming to a fork. The rails head down the tunnel on the left, and the tunnel on the right appears newer.


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

"Left or right...."Zimul ponders out loud.

survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Got tracks?


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

The dejected little green goblin shrugs his shoulders, dragging the filled sack to Gyro.

Stepping carefully among the loose rocks and debris, Tindertwig leads the way.

He holds up his hand, as he notices the busy area.
He cracks his knuckles, blows his nose on his arm, and farts.

He then begins to look at Zimul searching the ground.

Tindertwig's mouth hangs open, pointing to the cleric.

Sovereign Court

game master

There are heavy boot prints heading down the right. They are almost unnoticeable with all of the smaller reptilian footprints.


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

Zimul pats Dirtbag on the head. "There, there. Sharing is good for your soul, you know,don't feel so bad."

"Hmm, we have heavy bootprints, with small reptilian footprints. I'd wager kobolds, and something bigger." He informs the party. "Lets go right."

Sovereign Court

game master

mysterious rolls:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

@Tindertwig: your keen ears are just enough to pick out the sound of claws against hard stone, no matter how hard the creature tries. You manage to spot the kobold wandering down the tunnel, but he has yet to spot you.


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Meg follows behind Zim and Tindertwig, following their lead on where to go. When Zim stops short he all but crashes into the back of Zim since Meg was busy sorting and categorizing his alchemy components in his head. He manages to catch himself before flattening the cleric.

"sorry" he whispers.


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

Tindertwig pulls an arrow from his quiver, setting the rat in his sights.

Ranged shortbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Bees rats ahead., he smiles.


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

Zimul quickly hides behind Gyro, after healing himself.

clw: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

501 to 550 of 621 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The story begins! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.