Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


25,051 to 25,100 of 26,346 << first < prev | 497 | 498 | 499 | 500 | 501 | 502 | 503 | 504 | 505 | 506 | 507 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue 13 | 97/97 | AC 26/19/19 | F 8/R 16/W 7 | Init +7 | Perc +18/+22

What is going on out... Send us into the weird house while you're out here on a play date!

Ladies, is the swarm yours or theirs... and if yours, what's in there?


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Swarm is ours! Undead redcap is in there.


Male Human Rogue 13 | 97/97 | AC 26/19/19 | F 8/R 16/W 7 | Init +7 | Perc +18/+22

Using the swarm and existing landscape, Gerard attempts to become unseen to the enemy. As if from nowhere, a dagger flies through the swarm at the unholy.

Stealth, Hide in Plain Sight: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32

atk, dist dagger +2, wf, pbs: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 15 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 34
dmg, dist dagger +2, pbs, sneak: 1d4 + 2 + 1 + 6d8 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 + (8, 4, 3, 5, 4, 6) = 37


Evil GM

Gerard I assume you are not using cold iron dagger.

RD 2: update

Initiative order:

redcap undead - hit Phem
Aurelio - destroys the Mundra
Orsin
Gerard -moves and flips his dagger.
Andrea - channeled 31 heal
Mudra undead - destroyed
Euphemia


Evil GM

RD 2:

orsin and Phem actions remain.


F Human Witch 13 Init+4 Hp: 104/91--- AC:20 t:15 ff:16---F8//R9//W13--Perception +16

Euphemia blinks at her swarm and concentrates on it intensely, bringing it over to her attacker.
2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9 Damage.


Evil GM

Orsin continues his inspiration and covers the rear from any further attacks.

Phem your not sure if the swarm is even doing any damage to this skeleton fey creature.


RD 3:

The red cap continues to lash out at Phem, stepping 5 ft closer if necessary.

scythe: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17;damage: 2d4 + 11 ⇒ (3, 1) + 11 = 15

scythe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11;damage: 2d4 + 11 ⇒ (2, 4) + 11 = 17

Its metal tipped boots stomp out,

kick: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12;damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Seriously???

dex check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Evil GM

RD 3:

Initiative order:

redcap undead - missed Phem, 5 ft step
Aurelio -
Orsin
Gerard -
Andrea -
Mudra undead - destroyed
Euphemia

MAP RD 3


M Human (Chelaxian) Fighter | Level 13 | HP 92/125, AC 30, T 15, FF 27 | F 12 R 11 W 8 | CMB 18 CMD 36 | Init + 6 | Perc +13

Advance to H11

Attack: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (17) + 25 = 42 Power Attack + Flanking
Damage (Shield): 2d6 + 21 ⇒ (3, 4) + 21 = 28

Aurelio moves up to the redcap and slams his shield into him.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Obviously, the god of hedgehogs doesn't want you to harm his favorite person.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

RD 3

HP 86/86
Current Saves: F12R5W115
AC: 33/T20/FF33
In hands: Wooden shield+3,Sword of Planes
Current BaB: +10/+5
Spells in Effect: Blessing of the Watch (+1 Hit/Saves vs. Fear 11 hours),Vindicator's Shield (+8 AC for 24 hours/until struck),
Channels 4/6
Bit of Luck 8/8

Andrea uses a move action to draw a vial of holy water from herhaversack(No AoO) and splash the Redcap with it

Holy water touch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 292d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5


The redcap will take it's AOO on Aurelio,

att: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33;damage: 2d4 + 11 ⇒ (2, 3) + 11 = 16


Aurelio's bashing attack destroys the undead recap, shattering it's body to dust.

What are you going to do?


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea takes out her CMW wand. Who needs to be healed?

Andrea will tap Aurelio since he appears to be wounded

CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 3 = 9
CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 8) + 3 = 12

How are you feeling Aurelio? How are you Euphemia?


M Human (Chelaxian) Fighter | Level 13 | HP 92/125, AC 30, T 15, FF 27 | F 12 R 11 W 8 | CMB 18 CMD 36 | Init + 6 | Perc +13

Better now. Gerard, what was inside the house?

HP 96/119


F Human Witch 13 Init+4 Hp: 104/91--- AC:20 t:15 ff:16---F8//R9//W13--Perception +16

Frank snorts at the dust that was the redcap undead. It was fulfilling to see the tables turned.

Euphemia merely beams at Andrea and tries to move the swarm into the air, where it can hurt no one.

"I am well, thank you."


Evil GM

Phem:
Frank will snort about the house being spooky and cold.


F Human Witch 13 Init+4 Hp: 104/91--- AC:20 t:15 ff:16---F8//R9//W13--Perception +16

I know, Frank, but your chilled forepaws do not convey concrete evidence.


Evil GM

I'm waiting for Gerard to answer the question asked regarding the house. Hope he posts soon, if not I'll respond for him so we can get moving.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Not surprised that there are guards here. I am surprised that there is an undead Recap, I expected renagade hellknights.


Evil GM

There is a sudden noticeable drop in temperature that lasts for five seconds or so, then comes normal. The sound of howling echoes off buildings and glass. There is sharp yelping sound then silence.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Well this is ominous. Gerard, did you find out anything about the building?


Evil GM

Des relays the following information:

The house is noticeably cooler inside, it's generally creepy. the door wasn't locked and there were signs of heavy boots in the foyer area which is as far as I searched. I suspect the Hellknight rebels use the house, but I did not have a chance to see if anyone was present.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Well we might as well head in. If it is cooler, there might be some kind of magic going on.

Ready to go


Evil GM

The group makes their way inside to the house's front door. When you are at the front door you notice that their is dust stirred up like a tiny cyclone. It appears harmless.

What are you doing?

Map


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea uses Detect Magic on the dust just to make sure.


Evil GM

As Andrea detects magic the house groans. Her spell does not reveal anything magical about the dust or the external parts of the house.


M Human (Chelaxian) Fighter | Level 13 | HP 92/125, AC 30, T 15, FF 27 | F 12 R 11 W 8 | CMB 18 CMD 36 | Init + 6 | Perc +13

Aurelio makes sure he's the first in the door, watching for trouble.

Housekeeping.

Advance to F3 Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea motions for Gerard to go behind Aurelio and then goes behind Gerard.[/b]


Evil GM

A flight of stairs leads to the upper floor here. The floor of this room bears the signs of many armored boot prints. There are several doors leading from this foyer.

Map of Foyer


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Wish Daniel was here so he could home in on her evilness. Room to room clear or try to find the main problem?


Evil GM

Andrea or Aurelio decide a course of action for the group.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Umm..up! The leader is always either hiding in the basement or the highest point of the building. That is how it goes in the stories, in fact Whatshisface from the Bastards, The Chelish Crux, The Morrowfall and Ilnerik were all in the basement! So if we don't find her in the attic we'll head back down! Andrea nods in her knowledge of literary devices.


Evil GM

As Aurelio leads the crew up the stairs there is two large thumping sounds, one from the top of the stairs the other from the first floor. At the top of the stairs there is a short hall with three doors.

Second Floor


Male Human Rogue 13 | 97/97 | AC 26/19/19 | F 8/R 16/W 7 | Init +7 | Perc +18/+22

Is the house... alive?


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Haunted? The shadowbeasts are no longer bound to Westcrown but that doesn't mean they are all gone. There might be shadows in here.

Andrea points to the door at M-15 as a good enough choice.

Aid Gerard in finding traps. perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25


M Human (Chelaxian) Fighter | Level 13 | HP 92/125, AC 30, T 15, FF 27 | F 12 R 11 W 8 | CMB 18 CMD 36 | Init + 6 | Perc +13

Aurelio checks the doors for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28


Male Human Rogue 13 | 97/97 | AC 26/19/19 | F 8/R 16/W 7 | Init +7 | Perc +18/+22

Perhaps a gateway to another dimension?

Perception, trap, canny observer, aid ano: 1d20 + 16 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 16 + 4 + 2 = 39
Kn Planes, gateway/manifestation: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Another dimension? Maybe a timewarp? I don't want to do The Timewarp.


M Human (Chelaxian) Fighter | Level 13 | HP 92/125, AC 30, T 15, FF 27 | F 12 R 11 W 8 | CMB 18 CMD 36 | Init + 6 | Perc +13
Andrea1 wrote:
Another dimension? Maybe a timewarp? I don't want to do The Timewarp.

What if we did the Timewarp again?


Evil GM

The door is not trapped Aurelio.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

In through the door it seems.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

I wonder if the Freedom of Movement miracle will help me get my feet behind my head? I need to see if Fiosa will help.


Male Human Rogue 13 | 97/97 | AC 26/19/19 | F 8/R 16/W 7 | Init +7 | Perc +18/+22

Gerard opens the door and enters...


M Human (Chelaxian) Fighter | Level 13 | HP 92/125, AC 30, T 15, FF 27 | F 12 R 11 W 8 | CMB 18 CMD 36 | Init + 6 | Perc +13

Aurelio moves through the door to the south, blade in hand and leading with his shield.


Evil GM

Gerard open the door and Aurelio moves in to room to find hulking, roughly humanoid creature of dirt and stone waiting to smash. At the same time a second creature moves towards Orsin near the bottom of the stair. These are both medium sized creatures.

Map

I'll roll out initiative.


Evil GM

COT Initiative:

Andrea: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Orsin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Aurelio: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Euphemia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Gerard: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

red: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
yellow: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Initiative Order:

Gerard
Orsin
Andrea
Phem
red earth elemental
Aurelio
Yello earth elemental

Meanwhile there is loud sounds coming form the second floor room to the north of the group (K,15)


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea tries to identify the nature of such beings such as defenses, vulnerabilities,etc..

Know-Planes: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Evil GM

Andrea: you recognize them as earth elementals, medium size, 8 feet tall 750 pounds. It look likes terrestrial animal made out of rock, earth, or even crystal, with glowing gemstones for eyes. It's somewhat odd being on the second floor of building, you figure was clearly summoned. the benefit you have with the one upstairs is it is not touching the ground which would have provided additional defenses. They are tremendous burrowers.

I scratched my head when I read earth elementals get summoned. I'm not opposed to EE, but there were better areas in this AP to summon this creature.

25,051 to 25,100 of 26,346 << first < prev | 497 | 498 | 499 | 500 | 501 | 502 | 503 | 504 | 505 | 506 | 507 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.